New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Civ 5 Multiplayer 3: Swimsuit Edition

So I saw the other Civ 5 threads and wanted to see if there was still interest to create a new one. I've gone ahead and set up a new game. I havent decided on map type yet I figure we can vote on that in here once you join. I say we should all play random civs but if a majority of the people who sign up want to do specific civs than I'll change that. The invite links are below.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Flumph

Default Re: Civ 5 Through Giant Multiplayer Robot

I'm tempted but I'll give people who don't already have a Giant Multiplayer Robot in the Playground game a chance first.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

What expansions are you using? I still haven't gotten around to buying brave new world

*edit* Nevermind, can see it's brave new world
    Last edited by Abemad; 2014-01-06 at 11:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be interested in joining another. Can you put up some more info on the game? Is the map type already decided?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll join in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm definitely up for it, assuming I'm not taking a spot.
    If everyone has the new map packs, Continents Plus is a pretty good map type.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm tempted, but I only have Gods and kings, not brave new world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    I'd be interested in joining another. Can you put up some more info on the game? Is the map type already decided?
    I don't have a preference for map type so I was just going to leave that up to vote for players who join the game. As far as more information what type of information would you like?
    Also a note to everyone I've never used giant multiplayer robot before so I hope I'm not messing anything up with it.
    (\__/)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaruSama View Post
    I don't have a preference for map type so I was just going to leave that up to vote for players who join the game. As far as more information what type of information would you like?
    Also a note to everyone I've never used giant multiplayer robot before so I hope I'm not messing anything up with it.
    So long as GMR doesn't become sentient and attempt to take over the world, assume you're doing it right.
    Last edited by Wookieetank; 2014-01-06 at 01:30 PM.
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not own any of the map packs, sadly. Although personally I think an island game would be fun, with Large Islands being my favorite.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2014-01-06 at 02:07 PM.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    I do not own any of the map packs, sadly. Although personally I think an island game would be fun, with Large Islands being my favorite.
    I'll second this. (also ditto on the lack of map packs)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

BTW if you're interested just go ahead and join the game invites should be in the spoiler tag in the first post.
    (\__/)

13. - Top - End - #13

So it's Gods and kings then?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Brave New world and Gods and Kings
    (\__/)

15. - Top - End - #15

Ah, nevermind then. I lack brave new world.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm lazy and just logged in with my steam account so viersright is me for the record.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

If everybody else ends up wanting Continents Plus, I'd be up for just springing for the map pack. It's only around 5 USD, correct?
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'm in. Hopefully have better luck with my laptop this time.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

I've Joined, Helvesa is my Steam name. I believe I have all the DlC apart from the Scrambled packs.
    Takes avatar Requests Portfolio
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies By LiB, Oblivion and Me

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Current players signed up (I'm using steam names here)
    Broseph Lieberman
    Luzahn
    Sartain
    viersright
    Helvesa

Still have 3 more spots open.
    (\__/)

21. - Top - End - #21

RogueGuy

...and now I can't download the GMR app, for reasons unknown.

F***ing gypsy curse.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, you probably shouldn't have stolen that shrunken monkey paw from that old fortune teller.

23. - Top - End - #23

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    Yeah, you probably shouldn't have stolen that shrunken monkey paw from that old fortune teller.
    Definitely shouldn't have bragged about how I was about to play civ 5 multiplayer while I did it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Somebloke View Post
    Definitely shouldn't have bragged about how I was about to play civ 5 multiplayer while I did it.
    I dropboxed it (the GMR setup, not the shrunken monkey paw): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsew70j5k9bskma/fezVRt7zjq

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Random Disclaimer for once game gets started: My almost 10 month old daughter thinks that she is rather tech savvy (i.e. bangs madly on my computer keyboard and giggles when things change on the screen), so any garbled and/or gibberish messages you get from me while playing is her saying hi.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I dropboxed it (the GMR setup, not the shrunken monkey paw): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsew70j5k9bskma/fezVRt7zjq
    You should dropbox the monkey paw. If there are still spots open I'll grab one when I get home today.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

I've joined as well, had to upgrade my game limit for the other GitP game anyway, so might as well use it
    For map type, I rarely play large islands but realy like it, so I'm up for that. Continents+ would however not be a problem.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

If there's still a spot open later tonight, I'll put my name in and try to figure out how to run this GMR thing.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by VonFenris View Post
    I've joined as well, had to upgrade my game limit for the other GitP game anyway, so might as well use it
    For map type, I rarely play large islands but realy like it, so I'm up for that. Continents+ would however not be a problem.
    The (minor) problem with large islands is that Civs that don't really benefit much from going naval-technology can end up feeling a bit shafted just because of the map. Not a major issue, but it can be somewhat annoying if you get a Civ that draws it's strength from being expansive and being trapped on an island that will only support 3 cities comfortably.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The (minor) problem with large islands is that Civs that don't really benefit much from going naval-technology can end up feeling a bit shafted just because of the map. Not a major issue, but it can be somewhat annoying if you get a Civ that draws it's strength from being expansive and being trapped on an island that will only support 3 cities comfortably.
    Just means you need to be more aggresive with your expansion is all.