New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVI: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Orcy Worcey...Stuff

Back when I played I played on RP servers. I have only seen people complain about someone having demon out when the warlock had a demon out in middle of Stormwind and was rping at that moment. And the complaints were strictly IC anyway. People who are not actively rping that moment tend to be ignored.
    God I hate that on RP servers. "Warlocks are outlawed by the alliance and horde...except they are really not" is one of the dumbest bits of lore in the game, especially when the Gear vendors were in the capital cities.

Gear NPC : "hello stormwind gaurd, how are you today"

Stormwind gaurd "Hello Gear NPC and your 10 sets of armor...hey there are only 9 classes, why do you have 10 different sets of armor."

Gear NPC : "Oh that are just for show"

*warlock walks in* "Give me one warlock tier-11 head"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVI: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Orcy Worcey...Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    God I hate that on RP servers. "Warlocks are outlawed by the alliance and horde...except they are really not" is one of the dumbest bits of lore in the game, especially when the Gear vendors were in the capital cities.

Gear NPC : "hello stormwind gaurd, how are you Stormwind gaurd "Hello Gear NPC and your 10 sets of armor...hey there are only 9 classes, why do you have 10 different sets of armor."

To be fair, the original fluff was that they were indeed taboo - which is why you always found them in basements and the like. Cleft of Shadow in Org, Slaughtered Calf in SW, basement of Goldshire etc. Back in those days it was fun to roleplay a "mage" who would run off to the cellar all the time and never seemed to cast any ice spells.

Now everybody is over it - there are lock trainers standing out in broad daylight e.g. in the human starting area right next to the church, not to mention Ironforge where a whole faction of Warlocks joined the city pretty openly. Locks have proven their value to Azeroth in every expansion and in some societies (e.g. Ironforge) have even risen to prominent status. Both factions seem to have realized that (a) there's worse out there than the Legion, at least for the moment and (b) having individuals who both understand the legion and can throw their forces into disarray is useful.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2014-01-24 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Any recommendation on how to get Gold on a new server fast? Because I won't be having any Farming professions... until I trans my Druid (Herbalism and Alchemy) or my Paladin (Mining and Blacksmithing).
    I've always made the case that you're better off just leveling straight to the cap and then doing quests to get a chunk of seed money for your professions/gold farming scheme. Never has this been more true than in MoP.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Just out of curiosity, is there a GitP guild? And Karoht, the Recruit-a-friend sounds good. I'll send you a PM when I get the free time and hardware to start.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

The reason why not is: I am unsure wether to go Alchemy/Tailoring or Alchemy/Enchanting with my Warlock.

Krazzman is TransAlch/Enchanter and I really like it. I won't go away from being an Alchemist... double duration for Flasks is just too convenient for me.

I have currently 15 Gold (combined between Warlock and DK) and never really used auctioneer... mostly because I find it boring and didn't really get auctioneer to work like I wanted it to...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there a GitP guild? And Karoht, the Recruit-a-friend sounds good. I'll send you a PM when I get the free time and hardware to start.
    Not really, but most of the content is now available across realms meaning you can be on server X in guild Y and we can still play in raid/dungeon/scenario Z.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

With regards to moneymaking while leveling - a very simple, straightforward and easy way is to take two gathering professions and just cart everything you gather to the Auction House. Sure it might not make you as rich as some endgame moneymaking plans, but it is a steady flow of income, providing plenty of gold for getting your mount trainings and bigger bags and such. 16 slot Netherweave Bags tend to go for fairly cheap - it is so awesome to have so much inventory space early on.

And I have not done this myself because I stopped playing before I got really involved in endgame content, but the idea is to ditch one or both gathering professions when you hit the level cap and then use the gold you earned to powerlevel one or two crafting professions of your choice. Or I suppose you could keep one max-level character to farm materials for your characters who run two crafting professions.

Just some food for thought from my own experience :). I found it superconvenient, especially for my first character on a new server.
    Last edited by Prince Gimli; 2014-01-24 at 06:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

The reason why not is: I am unsure wether to go Alchemy/Tailoring or Alchemy/Enchanting with my Warlock.

Krazzman is TransAlch/Enchanter and I really like it. I won't go away from being an Alchemist... double duration for Flasks is just too convenient for me.
    OK, so then for now go alch / enchant. Even if you ditch enchanting for tailing later, you can still use it to make money in the short term; think of all the quest greens and blues you've sold to vendors, for example.

I have currently 15 Gold (combined between Warlock and DK) and never really used auctioneer... mostly because I find it boring and didn't really get auctioneer to work like I wanted it to...
    It can be boring, for sure. Back the last time cared about - which is at least going back to WotLK - scanning the AH took about 10-15 minutes each time. (time varies, certainly, by your server and your PC.) Auctioneer will show a column that is the percentage different from the market price. So if something has a market of 1g and it's listed for 50s, that column will have 50% in it. You can also (as I recall) search by that percentage. So you could search for everything that was 0-33% of market. From there, scroll through for the best deals - again, mats are best. Then another few minutes listing them back on the AH and you're done.

The first week is tough, because you want to let auctioneer build up good data to determine market prices. And so that's 10-15 minutes each time that you'd rather be doing something else. After that, I would run a scan when I was in a city and didn't care about 10-15 minutes. For example, I would log on right before getting my kids ready for bed and start a scan, just to keep prices current. I spent my Sunday mornings doing the purchasing while drinking my morning coffee. That would take about a half hour or so.

There's definitely a time investment, but it's not too terrible if you can find scan times where you can walk away and let it work.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Colossus in the Playground

Nobody ever bothers me on my rp server,my poor gnome rogue Stabbymcgee is so lonely. I get very few tells, or guild invites. I think its my cologne. Luckily his warlock cousin Scabbymcgeee is there with his priest brother Healymcgee to keep him company. He has an adopted son, a dwarf warrior named Rendalthor, but we dont talk about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Gimli View Post
    With regards to moneymaking while leveling - a very simple, straightforward and easy way is to take two gathering professions and just cart everything you gather to the Auction House. Sure it might not make you as rich as some endgame moneymaking plans, but it is a steady flow of income, providing plenty of gold for getting your mount trainings and bigger bags and such. 16 slot Netherweave Bags tend to go for fairly cheap - it is so awesome to have so much inventory space early on.

And I have not done this myself because I stopped playing before I got really involved in endgame content, but the idea is to ditch one or both gathering professions when you hit the level cap and then use the gold you earned to powerlevel one or two crafting professions of your choice. Or I suppose you could keep one max-level character to farm materials for your characters who run two crafting professions.

Just some food for thought from my own experience :). I found it superconvenient, especially for my first character on a new server.

This. So much this. Every time I go to a new server, my first char is a miner/skinner. I usually have full netherweave bags by the time I hit 15. Its mainly the copper bars that go for so much, but the leather is usually worth several gold a stack and its free extra loot. I do check the ah for upgrades, but only because every once in awhile there will be something good for cheap. Takes like an extra 30 seconds after putting up your bars and leather to do a quick scan of each slot.
    Last edited by Traab; 2014-01-24 at 07:30 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I do agree skinning is a good money-maker; you're going to be killing all those animals anyway - not to mention all the carcasses other people have left behind.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    Yeah, I do agree skinning is a good money-maker; you're going to be killing all those animals anyway - not to mention all the carcasses other people have left behind.
    lol I love wandering around places where someone has been killing animals for a quest or whatever and not skinning. Especially if you join a random high level guild and get the gathering bonus. Its scary how fast your bags will fill up just following those guys slaughtering yetis in hillsbrad for example. Hell, in that cave its the mother lode, there are like 6 fairly fast spawning mine nodes on top of all the easy leather.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #162

Wanna farm a pet worth 5K and a ton of leather at the same time?
    There is a spot where a bunch of horses go by as part of a circuit. Work backwards from whereever you find them all the way back to the spawn point. Spam an AoE on that spawn point (magma totem works well, chain lightning to pick off the stragglers), every 3 seconds a new bunch of them just dies. They have a high chance to drop one of the tabby cats (worth 5-10K depending on the market), and you can skin them all. I found that if you killed them on the spawn point for a minute or two, then spent the time looting and skinning, by the time the area was clean they would be back again.
    You'll get medium and heavy leather, and by the time you fill your bags with leather (just drop everything that isn't leather, trust me) you'll probably have 3 pets to go along with it. I did this for about a week straight, made about 100K, spent it on a mount. Boring and somewhat tedious, but the results are hard to beat.

There is also quest mob who pats through that area, has a knockback, respawns rapidly. He's rather annoying as that knockback is an aoe and autohits. So here's you channeling Blizzard on the spawn point, boom you are knocked back. And the AoE radius is pretty high.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Wanna farm a pet worth 5K and a ton of leather at the same time?
    There is a spot where a bunch of horses go by as part of a circuit. Work backwards from whereever you find them all the way back to the spawn point. Spam an AoE on that spawn point (magma totem works well, chain lightning to pick off the stragglers), every 3 seconds a new bunch of them just dies. They have a high chance to drop one of the tabby cats (worth 5-10K depending on the market), and you can skin them all. I found that if you killed them on the spawn point for a minute or two, then spent the time looting and skinning, by the time the area was clean they would be back again.
    You'll get medium and heavy leather, and by the time you fill your bags with leather (just drop everything that isn't leather, trust me) you'll probably have 3 pets to go along with it. I did this for about a week straight, made about 100K, spent it on a mount. Boring and somewhat tedious, but the results are hard to beat.

There is also quest mob who pats through that area, has a knockback, respawns rapidly. He's rather annoying as that knockback is an aoe and autohits. So here's you channeling Blizzard on the spawn point, boom you are knocked back. And the AoE radius is pretty high.
    What zone is that?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    What zone is that?
    hillsbrad...though i believe they fixed that so the horses no longer drop anything

i saw that discussed while researching how to get black tabby(one of just 3 pets needed for the zookeeper title)

another suggestion for the cat drop was guards at "i cant remember the name" but they dropped nothing at all when i tried them(as in...you dont even get a loot bag icon off of them)

so i just go from one end of beach to the other and repeat til im too bored to do another cycle....still no pet 8(
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #165

They fixed that? Shame.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    OK, so then for now go alch / enchant. Even if you ditch enchanting for tailing later, you can still use it to make money in the short term; think of all the quest greens and blues you've sold to vendors, for example.
    Let me offer a competing perspective. The most valuable resource when earning gold is YOUR time, which is why I think Alchemy/Tailoring is the move. Even if this toon isn't your main, or if you don't have time to sit down for some real AH trolling today, you can log in, do your combines, and log off. Plus, I like to always think toward the next expansion. When MoP is in the rear view mirror, you'll still be able to farm Sunsong Ranch, and do your Silk combine. 28 slot bags are still going to be in demand in Warlords of Draenor, make no mistake. I'm selling my bags for 2.7 to 3k, and I expect that price to inflate once the new content drops.

Now if this will be your surefire main, then by all means go Enchanting, but it's going to require a lot more micro-mangement in the AH, and the crafting table. The earning cap is higher too, but while you will get SOME dust and essence from quest greens and random drops, it likely won't sustain your skill ups past mid-vanilla. At that point YOU will be the one paying to skill your profession. Tailoring's startup costs aren't nearly as bad, in my experience.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post

Gear NPC : "hello stormwind gaurd, how are you today"

Stormwind gaurd "Hello Gear NPC and your 10 sets of armor...hey there are only 9 classes, why do you have 10 different sets of armor."

The funniest is the NPC just inside the Stormwind Cathedral who calls people by their class names when they enter.

Many lols where he had when in middle of rp he calls a "mage" a warlock
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

I am unsure about enchanting.

On one hand I know that I won't like leveling it... on the other hand most questitems will be Cataclysm/MoP Items. And due to being unable to do stuff with it...
    Another possibility would be Engineering (which would double as I can get an achievment out of it).

But I don't have a tailor and really need bigger bags... and I don't want to depend on someone else...

Our "moneyproblems" are more or less done on that server as a friend of us gave us some Netherweave bags.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    hillsbrad...though i believe they fixed that so the horses no longer drop anything

i saw that discussed while researching how to get black tabby(one of just 3 pets needed for the zookeeper title)

another suggestion for the cat drop was guards at "i cant remember the name" but they dropped nothing at all when i tried them(as in...you dont even get a loot bag icon off of them)

so i just go from one end of beach to the other and repeat til im too bored to do another cycle....still no pet 8(
    I got a cat carrier drop off one of the guards at that palisade area near dalaran crater. But that was back before they revamped the area. I wasnt even farming anything special, I think I had a quest. Or maybe I was just wandering, all I know is bang, cat carrier. Looked it up, saw it was worth 5k, and made an amusing "squee!!!!" noise when it actually did sell for that much. Only equaled by the time back in vanilla when epic ground mounts were hard to get, I was farming cloth in the masters cellar, an area where karazhan stood but wasnt a dungeon yet. Had been farming stack upon stack of cloth and selling it when boom, epic world drop neck item. (Amulet of cyerwyn?) Instantly done with farming and I could finally run really fast. YAY!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I still got no clue how to use Auctioneer but at least now I have 200 gold. And we are level 54.

It went pretty fast. Had some funny guys with us.

For example Stratholme with 3 Monks. The Tank played like a ADHS-victim on crack. Missed bosses, pulled double bosses while half of the trashpacks surrounding them still lived and so on.

But at least son my wife will take over tanking and I will just sitting there trying to churn out respectable DPS.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Question everyone:

I've switched over to Blood DK, and I'm liking it - unfortunately I'm completely chicken when it comes to going into PVP.* So despite having some PVP gear I really want for transmogrification, I'm having a hard time getting myself to actually expend the effort.

However, I was reminded that there's another really cool sword model in the game that's entirely PVE, one that works for a runeblade quite well and has the added benefit (since this character is a Blood Elf) of being tied to the character's race. That of course being Quel'delar.

The thing is, I have no idea if I can actually solo the questline at level 90 with reasonable gear. I know people have mentioned soloing old raids previously - and I'm able to knock out elites above my level with laughable ease already*** But I'd hate to get my hopes up if it's impossible/nigh impossible. (As silly as it is, 'looking cool' is one of the chief reasons I play MMOs; hence my rather bizarre single-minded focus in that direction.)

Still need to find some armor I like that isn't PVP-acquired.

*little rambling below*

I seriously wonder what goes through MMO armor designer's heads sometimes, not just in WoW but in other games too. I just did a stint in RIFT and despite being able to purchase a visual copy of almost any armor model in the game, I only found one set that I thought was 'decent' out of the entire lot. (I'm having similar difficulties in WoW shopping for good looking armor; and I had the same problem in SWTOR as well. And GW2. And Neverwinter. From the screenshots I've seen the same will likely be true in Wildstar too. Maybe I'm just too picky.)

*The one time I tried was a disaster, not just in terms of losing, but in terms of being screamed at the entire match by 3 different people for being a noob.**

**I effectively AM a newbie, at least at the level I'm at, this is my highest level WoW character ever, what exactly do they expect?

***In fact it's a twinge *too* easy to be honest. Leveling is so fast and easy that I don't feel like I'm really learning how to play my character beyond some very basic principles. I don't even have time to go through a full rotation on most elites. The only fight where I've felt the slightest concern was against Archbishop Landgren (sp?) during a recent quest against the Scarlet Onslaught; and he's supposed to be a 5-person quest objective.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

22. - Top - End - #172

You're a blood DK. Quel'dalar is from WotLK content. It's faceroll easy, don't worry about it.

Your biggest issue is going to be getting the Battered Hilt to drop in the first place. It's a pretty rare drop, so it'll take a long while. But the questline itself should be a breeze.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome, thank you <o.o>b Sorry if I seem overly nervous, I just hate to set myself up for disappointment.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quel'delar is from WotLK, so should be level 80. You ought to be fine at 90.

Regarding pvp, find someone to queue with who maybe knows what they are doing. You both have someone to watch your back and you learn from someone who hopefully knows what's up.

But in battlegrounds there's usually people calling other people noobs, it's sort of the ground state existence of being in a battleground. Until you know what's what, if you must queue solo to avoid being the person called a noob I'd just find someone with good gear that seems to know what they're doing, stick with them and support them.

Now that would be a lot more straightforward as a healing class, as a tanky class if you stay blood your best bet is probably going to be dpsing their target, interrupting hostile spellcasters/healers, and deathgripping opponents off them unless they're melee or getting swarmed. (Make sure you spread your diseases all over the place too.) If you end up in a flag carrying BG you have better survivability as a flag carrier but that's no good if you don't know where you're supposed to carry the flag to. Your damage output will probably be better as one of the other specs (IIRC frost has stuns and stuff so is probably the way to go for PVP, unless those got farmed out to the talent tree) but you will be squishier to compensate.

However, unless you're a flag carrier, nobody has a super good reason to attack you as a tank spec unless you're the only target, and you should never ever be by yourself in a BG unless you know what you're doing and have a really good reason.

When in doubt, if you see an enemy healer, kill it. Mobility is often life in pvp, your deathgrip is a superb way of controlling your opponents. Just don't deathgrip a squishy away from a warrior after he's charged it (it should be stunned for a bit and you can icy touch while closing the gap), but if you see a healer hanging out dpsing at range do deathgrip him into the melee (the forced movement will interrupt his cast), then when he starts casting again interrupt him before the cast is complete. For mages, hunters and their ilk, close to melee, force a blink/disengage, and THEN deathgrip them back to you.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2014-01-27 at 01:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Useful advice Icewraith, thank you <^.^>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

And the bigger the battleground, the less your individual contribution (or lack thereof) will be noticed...in Warsong Gulch, being down 9/10 to their 10/10 can matter. In EotS or Arathi Basin, being 14/15 to their 15/15 might matter, but you're more likely to slip through the cracks and not get yelled at specifically. In Alterac Valley, being 39/40 to their 40/40 is utterly irrelevant, especially since a quarter of both teams is likely to be outright AFK anyways, so you'll be above the average even with your terrible gear.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah..PVP pretty much boils down to 2 types
    1) the "professional" pvp'rs..those who live for PVP
    2) everyone else...who go into PVP when FORCED to for a quest or get a notion that they want to "quickly" pop out the pvp achievements for completeness
    and type 1 goes apoplectic when they get type 2 players on their team
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Useful advice Icewraith, thank you <^.^>
    No problem. As someone who had to learn the ins and outs of BGs with no previous gear or experience the hard way, I am happy to spare others at least some of the bottom end of the learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    And the bigger the battleground, the less your individual contribution (or lack thereof) will be noticed...in Warsong Gulch, being down 9/10 to their 10/10 can matter. In EotS or Arathi Basin, being 14/15 to their 15/15 might matter, but you're more likely to slip through the cracks and not get yelled at specifically. In Alterac Valley, being 39/40 to their 40/40 is utterly irrelevant, especially since a quarter of both teams is likely to be outright AFK anyways, so you'll be above the average even with your terrible gear.
    Now this here is absolutely not true. One person even in bad gear that knows what they're doing can be the deciding factor in a game if they get the opportunity and can exploit it. It only really comes out in fairly evenly matched games though. That's why I said don't go off by yourself unless you know what you're doing and have a good reason for doing so.

The classic example is one person back-capping in AV or AB, or (from a previous era and personal experience) the only person in the AV group in tank spec and gear making sure he gets to the other base so he can reliably tank and giving his team a huge advantage. (I've been exalted with the AV alliance faction since BC- the others are nowhere near close.)

I can think of a number of matches off hand where I was able to stop a key flag cap with something like a heroic leap-charge defender in range-heroic throw flag capper and stop their cap at the last second, for instance-or came back from a rez just in time to stop the cap and get killed again, but give the rest of the team time to rez at the cap point and not lose it.

The other reason I disagree has to do with why I recommended finding someone to run with, especially if you have vent or similar to coordinate with them.

One year I had finally gotten all the holiday achievements except the "kill 50 people as a father winter's helper", queuing as arms with fairly bad gear. I managed maybe 1-2 kills for eightish games until a disc priest buddy logged on. I think we maybe queued three more times after that - the trick is that you lose the buff you need for the rest of the match the first time you die iirc, so if you die early (and since you are a tiny winter festival gnome you are a target for anyone looking to inflict a little misery on the opposing side) you get next to no kills for the match.

Anyway, the point is that since I was pairing up with someone running a complimentary class who knew what he was doing (kind of), all of a sudden we started absolutely wrecking things. Even if you're fairly bad, teamwork can still be op if the bad people on the other team aren't using it and you are, assuming a roughly even skill distribution on both sides.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2014-01-27 at 04:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I am unsure about enchanting.

On one hand I know that I won't like leveling it... on the other hand most questitems will be Cataclysm/MoP Items. And due to being unable to do stuff with it...
    Another possibility would be Engineering (which would double as I can get an achievment out of it).

But I don't have a tailor and really need bigger bags... and I don't want to depend on someone else...

Our "moneyproblems" are more or less done on that server as a friend of us gave us some Netherweave bags.
    Really, once you have bags, there's no real need for cash until you're paying for your flight training. Really, the best advice I can offer you is this: At the end of the day, gold is a waste-product from having fun. So treat your professions accordingly.

Anyway, the point is that since I was pairing up with someone running a complimentary class who knew what he was doing (kind of), all of a sudden we started absolutely wrecking things. Even if you're fairly bad, teamwork can still be op if the bad people on the other team aren't using it and you are, assuming a roughly even skill distribution on both sides.
    Absolutely true. Even a small, under-geared group of players can make a huge impact on a large BG, if they do the right things and operate as a team. Of course, nothing is stopping the opposing party from doing the same thing, but odds are if they're not brand new, they'll be working on Rated anyway.

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    However, I was reminded that there's another really cool sword model in the game that's entirely PVE, one that works for a runeblade quite well and has the added benefit (since this character is a Blood Elf) of being tied to the character's race. That of course being Quel'delar.

The thing is, I have no idea if I can actually solo the questline at level 90 with reasonable gear.
    The questline is a solo quest at 80.
    Getting the Battered Hilt is the trickier part, as it is RNG dependant, or you can buy one from the auction house for anywhere from 5K-25K depending on your server. Or you can solo your way through Pits of Saron/Halls of Reflection on Heroic for one. And yes, you can solo your way through there with 90 greens and blues, with only marginal effort. As a DK, Blood Boil is going to murder most of the trash packs, and it is the trash packs that drop the quest item (Battered Hilt) in the first place.

Everything after that is designed to be solo 80 content, which you can verify on the wowhead article as well.