New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVI: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Orcy Worcey...Stuff

@Succubus:

If you don't mind reading stuff in german all the time try out Dethecus... just kidding. Just try leveling/questing a bit... enjoy the things you missed plotwise and search for a casual/family-esque guild.

Well the break is now fulfilled. We have broken from avoid and will now fully join exHeres... Wrote a letter to avoids GL telling him why we left. Doubt anything good will come from it but my wife said I should at least notify him why we left.
    Wished them the best and luck and so on and yeah yesterday we already raided with the exHeres/Extreme raidgroup. From Immerseus to Thok. Sunday they will just need to kill Thok, Blackfuse, Klaxxi and Garrosh... interesting trivia: in the Malkorok encounter I realized for the first time that I didn't have dbm activated...
    Did a good job anyway...
    Another interesting Trivia: due to some stupid errors they marked Krazzman with a forced Rename... but after a Ticket this was resolved. Was quite painful to have to rename him to his old name... Krazdoru.

Also @ Alliance vs Horde:
    I like the Horde far more than I like the alliance. Played end of BC/WotLK until ICC as a Draenai Paladin then with ICC rerolled for Troll Shadowpriest... and visualistic and from the characterization the horde is just that much more awesome. Even while being a dickish orc like garrosh.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVI: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Orcy Worcey...Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Sadly there isn't a whole lot left for me to do in Northrend, so I've moved on to Mount Hyjal; which is *WAY* the heck more busy than every other zone I've been in up to this point. Up till this point, outside of Orgrimmar, running into more than a couple players has been an extreme rarity. now there's tons of folks around <@.@> Just kind of all of the sudden. Does everyone hang out in Hyjal or something? Just seemed like a strange place for things to suddenly get very busy.
    People don't generally hang out in Hyjal but I figure there are a few factors making it busier than anything you've seen:
    1) CRZ. Basically if people are in the zone on any server, you'll see them. This is intended to make zones seem more alive.
    2) Cata dungeons suck. Like they're a massive pain, and give far less experience per time invested than questing. A lot of people will dungeon run to 80 then start questing in Cata.
    3) There are two level 80 zones available for Cata. The other one is an underwater zone that is very binary either you think the zone is awesome and the best thing ever, or you hate it with every fiber of your being. Most players really hated that other zone. So everyone switching to questing for Cata content is funneled through Hyjal.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Well on the upside, I just did an *awesome* quest chain in Icecrown..
    Icecrown has many awesome quest chains, certainly a number of my favourites.

Of particular note is the Crusader Bridenbrad chain which always hits right in the feels. That one is probably one of my top three in the game along with pre-cataclysm Darrowshire and the Climax of the Jade Forest.
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2014-02-01 at 11:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sadly there isn't a whole lot left for me to do in Northrend, so I've moved on to Mount Hyjal; which is *WAY* the heck more busy than every other zone I've been in up to this point. Up till this point, outside of Orgrimmar, running into more than a couple players has been an extreme rarity. now there's tons of folks around <@.@> Just kind of all of the sudden. Does everyone hang out in Hyjal or something? Just seemed like a strange place for things to suddenly get very busy.
    People usually need to grab a few items before they have high enough gear to do the cataclysm level dungeons.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    either you think the zone is awesome and the best thing ever
    That's not a thought, that's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanos View Post
    The professionally offended will always find something to be angry about.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    That's not a thought, that's a fact.
    You lie, and blizzard knows you lie since they removed the raid that was going to happen there. then again they removed a great deal from cata, I really think they rushed Dragon Soul out early so they could finish the expansion and move away from it.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Well on the upside, I just did an *awesome* quest chain in Icecrown.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ghost of a child essentially showed me Arthas' ascent to being the Lich King after his arrival in Northrend; and I helped Tirion destroy his heart. That was pretty cool < ._.>

Trivia tip: Play around with 'Matthias Lehner' - the name of the ghost kid - as an anagram, and see what you can come up with.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Trivia tip: Play around with 'Matthias Lehner' - the name of the ghost kid - as an anagram, and see what you can come up with.
    Wait I know this one...

[Insider joke] is it "Lord Nemesis?" [/Insider joke]

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    You lie, and blizzard knows you lie since they removed the raid that was going to happen there.
    The following anecdote is not directed at Ryu or anyone in thread.

I love how Blizzard constantly communicates with it's 'fans' and yet no one ever listens or has a memory that lasts longer than a week.

They decided against the Abyssal Maw raid for 3 reasons, words out of their mouth.
    1-The only thing they developed for it was the on-paper artwork. Nothing else. The raid itself was never put into any kind of serious development beyond conceptualization, because the art team already was doing double duty doing Fire themed gear and assets for Molten Front/Firelands, while doing all new art assets for the ZG/ZA revamps. Asking them to split their focus further to make more water themed art (basically none from the zone was going to be re-useable as it wasn't going to fit the darker and more twisted theme of Abyssal Maw), was basically a recipe for disaster and further delay.
    2-Firelands was already taking up a lot of development time due to entirely new tech and new coding being implemented on virtually every boss, along with the Firelands Molten Front zone. Abyssal Maw being an underwater fight was going to require new tech for virtually every mechanic, never mind that testing and balancing and bug fixing for 3D mechanics is going to take MUCH longer than 2D fights. Positional mechanics and "don't stand in bad" mechanics would have been absurdly annoying to test out to ensure no one could cheeze/bug them rather than avoid them. Bug testing + new tech = extra long development cycle.
    3-It was going to be like ToC only underwater. Most people disliked ToC. Most people disliked the underwater zone and it's mechanics, along with fights like Al'Akir and his flying phase, which basically every fight would have been like. Stands to reason that few people would have liked this raid. Why go to all the effort of the above 2 points for a raid that the community had expressed it probably wouldn't like?

Of course, the week following such announcements, the forums were awash in "Abyssal Maw would have been the best Raid EVAR" commentary, complete with complaints about how much time was wasted on it's development.

Again, not directed at Ryu or anyone in thread, just a related anecdote I thought I'd share.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2014-02-02 at 05:58 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Colossus in the Playground

Well on the upside, I just did an *awesome* quest chain in Icecrown.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ghost of a child essentially showed me Arthas' ascent to being the Lich King after his arrival in Northrend; and I helped Tirion destroy his heart. That was pretty cool < ._.>

Something to keep in mind. There are only two starting zones for level 80 content. Hyjal and vashjir (im sure I misspelled that). And everyone seems to hates the zone thats underwater. Honestly, Im not sure why, I kinda like it. My only complaint is the very last quest chain sometimes bugs out. But point being, that means everyone in the 80 range is in hyjal.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Wait I know this one...

[Insider joke] is it "Lord Nemesis?" [/Insider joke]
    I love you for that, bwahahahaha
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I love you for that, bwahahahaha
    I am glad someone got it.

@Karoht - I did not play during that bit so I was not looking at the forums, but that seems like normal for the WoW forums, everything sucks till it doesn't then it still sucks, I was just going off the information I received from the Acherus folks.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Returned to WoW somewhat after a bit of a semi-hiatus.

Finding it a lot harder to leveling gathering professions now, with CRZ.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post

Yeah, though mining/herbalism can be done with panderan stuff so that makes it a little easier. I feel your pain though, I been trying to do bloody rare and frostbitten for months now.

15. - Top - End - #255

make sure that you have your appropriate tool (Spades, Skinning knives, and Mining picks all give +10 to their profession) and remember in Cata they really spread out some of the herbs. you can find briarthorn as far as low lvl Stranglethorn vale, and Kingsblood as early as Darkshire.
    Part of the "Raise Nale and Let Him Serve Life in Prison" fan-club

"The only reason why people didn't like Durkon before was because he is the only member of the group that doesn't commit evil, like hurting others, or breaking the rules for giggles. I.E.' He's not cool'"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Level 82. Cataclysm will be seen through instances.

Until level 80 we didn't quest. So we went into Hyjal (getting the BRD quest and weapons) and we finally encountered enemy players. DK + Warlock against Monk + Warrior. They killed us (with the monk dieing too) and then tried to spawncamp us.

Still no answer from avoid, although the Guildlead is on our Battle.net friendlist.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I don't know why you wanted me to know about your Anal Theme Shirt. Moderator or not, you can keep that to yourself. Good day, sir.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

So Warlock/DK are done (level 85)
    Next up we will play DK/Druid (currently level 62)
    Then Warrior/Hunter.
    Then maybe Hunter/??? and Shaman/???.
    Don't know what my wife would like to play after hunter.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

For why stopping at 85? Was this covered in an earlier post?

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    For why stopping at 85? Was this covered in an earlier post?
    He's using Recruit a Friend, which gives bonus xp for 3 months but the bonus xp stops at 85.

So for those 3 months, you level as many characters as you can to 85, then at the end use the level granting to get as many more 85s as you can, then after it's done level the ones you like the rest of the way to 90.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Did they confirm that they'll be selling 90s next Xpac? If so, how much will they cost?

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Did they confirm that they'll be selling 90s next Xpac? If so, how much will they cost?
    I believe that they have confirmed that they plan on selling 90s, but I don't think that they've yet told us how much said 90s will cost.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, so far so good - I'm just about to 85 so I can start Panda content soon, and I rather enjoyed Hyjal and Deepholme. Really I've enjoyed everything from 1-60 and 70+ to this point, it's just the Burning Crusade stuff that's... eh, imo.

Also in good news - I'm up to Revered with Netherwing now. I've not even bothered with egg hunting really (If I see one, I grab it, but that's rare); and I stopped doing the races at Ichmann. So yeah, proceeding quickly toward my Netherwing Drake.

< ._.> I think the only negative at the moment is the fact that I keep upgrading my armor so frequently that it's not worth transmogging it at the moment. So I kind of have a lesser version of the rainbow clown gear going.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, so far so good - I'm just about to 85 so I can start Panda content soon, and I rather enjoyed Hyjal and Deepholme. Really I've enjoyed everything from 1-60 and 70+ to this point, it's just the Burning Crusade stuff that's... eh, imo.

Also in good news - I'm up to Revered with Netherwing now. I've not even bothered with egg hunting really (If I see one, I grab it, but that's rare); and I stopped doing the races at Ichmann. So yeah, proceeding quickly toward my Netherwing Drake.

< ._.> I think the only negative at the moment is the fact that I keep upgrading my armor so frequently that it's not worth transmogging it at the moment. So I kind of have a lesser version of the rainbow clown gear going.
    One thing to do in Panderia, do all of the quests in a place called the valley of the four winds, and all of the stuff in a place called Karasang wilds, it leads to one of the best stories in an MMO, and the only thing I can think that tops it is The End of the Dark Astoria Incarnate arc (if you still played CoH at that point)
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2014-02-05 at 02:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

With Pandaria I highly advise completing every zone to the end. It's generally worth it for some of the story arcs. The Jade Forest for me was one of the most moving in the game. At the end of it I found myself just staring at the screen for five minutes. Valley of the Four Winds is combo'd with Krasarang Wilds so you have to do both to get the end of the story.
    Kun-Lai doesn't have much of a story, but there's some interesting stuff going on that's worth seeing but it's a little confusing near the end as the story rounds up with an instance unlike the previous two/three zones.
    Townlong Steppes should be followed on after completing said instance (Shado-Pan Monastery). Fun with a nice climactic fight and leads directly in to the Dread Wastes where you get to meet the Klaaxi. The Klaaxi are fun.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kun-Lai was far more interesting before patch 5.2, as it set up the Throne of Thunder raid, and it was just exciting.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...

Level 72 with DK/Druid combination.
    Any advice for blood tanking? SO far I use both my diseases and then boiling blood in trashpacks and just runestrike/deathstrike the bosses.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I believe that they have confirmed that they plan on selling 90s, but I don't think that they've yet told us how much said 90s will cost.
    If I had to guess, I'd say around $30.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

29. - Top - End - #269

If I had to guess, I'd say around $30.
    My guess is a flat $10 or flat $20. But yeah, I could see $30.

Mostly leveled characters (90's when cap is 100) doesn't bother me. Not a service I would pay for, but I really just don't feel like leveling another character so maybe I'll cave and pay for something. Either way, I'm getting a free level 90 monk out the deal.

@The Klaxxi
    I didn't mind their dailies, mostly because you had some customizeable buffs that you could use, and the further you went, the more story (and more of the buffs) opened up. It does set up the Heart of Fear raid pretty decently, but to see them use the Paragons themselves as a boss fight in Siege of Orgrimmar? Oh wow.

Also, in my opinion, the complete "Ending" of the expansion is (in order):
    Spoiler
    Show

-Obtaining the Legendary Cloak itself.
    -Defeating Garrosh. Watch both versions of the cinematic.
    -Visiting Wrathion for the final chapter in the Cloak storyline.
    -Visiting Lorewalker Cho and the Emperor, and at last answering "Why do we fight" in an uplifting and still open ended way.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2014-02-05 at 09:46 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I've been doing each zone to completion once I start it, since the story is the chief thing I'm after. I'm glad most of the quests don't end up pointing me to a dungeon or raid (once in awhile a few do, but they all seem to be sidequests and the zone itself has a good resolution without worrying with it.)

Currently doing Uldum since I started it pre-85.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show