New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Child of Silence (Exalted solo, Palus Abel)

"Perhaps I spoke too hastily. I rescind my previous statement." Aithra sighed and closed her eyes, letting little eddies of wind guide her this way and that. She felt something close in on her, but she paid it little mind. It is the nature of the wind not to be caught, and Aithra had grown close to the most magnificent wind of all. Her body fell away from the constricting force with no more distress than a leaf on the breeze.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. Been a busy week for me.

Stunt: (3d10)[10][9][6](25)

And then two dice from First Adorjan Excellency, paid for with Personal Essence.
    (2d10)[1][3](4)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Guardian smiles, just slightly, and the dust in the air surges violently as the force that displaced it suddenly spikes. You have a brief moment to realise the ruse that he just perpetrated, moving slower than his true ability so as to make you mistime your evasion, before you are ensnared.

Bands of force wrap themselves around your limbs and torso, reminding you uncomfortably of iron chains, and you are physically hauled from your feet by the unexpected strength that lies behind them. You can feel joints dislocating and bones threatening to fracture under the sudden, wrenching force, and bursts of savage pain flare up all over your body.

Spoiler
    Show
    You failed to evade the clinch, and are thus ensnared. The Guardian chooses to Crush, and inflicts five levels of bashing damage upon you.

"You have great potential." Your opponent says evenly, a look of focused concentration on his face. "Were this a fight between mortals, I expect you would have won almost instantly. But you exhausted your reserves too quickly, and were unfamiliar with the abilities my power bestowed upon me."

He raises one eyebrow. "Technically, I suppose the duel is not yet over, for there is no blood spilled. If you wish to continue, we may do so... but I confess I would hate to further marr such a work of art with crude force or the touch of steel."
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #153

The speed and strength of the Guardian's true assault took Aithra off-guard. Struggle as she might against the solid grip, she could not escape the binding, crushing force. Aithra sighed as the pain slowly subsided, acknowledging her defeat with quiet disappointment. Her face would not show it, but her imprudence in this match weighed heavily upon her mind. "That will not be necessary. The spirit of the condition was that victory would go to the first on to score a clean blow - even though no blood has been shed, it is clear that honor goes to you. It would be disingenuous of me to continue the match under such a pretense. There is but one more matter to settle then; what will you ask of me? Ask anything within my power and you shall have it immediately, without question nor complaint."

4. - Top - End - #154

"I seek a girl." The Guardian says, the bands of force around your body slackening and allowing you to stand once more on the ground. "Though perhaps she is a woman by now. A shaman's daughter, from the Far East, sold into slavery within Malfeas by a spiteful forest spirit. For my prize, I ask only this - should you find evidence or trail of such a person, alert me as swiftly as you are able, with discretion preferred."

In the back of your mind, your coadjutor uncoils. An interesting admission... and a risk on his part, Princess. There are many who would do much, to have a source of potential leverage over the Seneschal of the Conventicle Malfeasant.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

5. - Top - End - #155

Spoiler
    Show
    Terribly sorry for the delay. A lot has been going on on my end.

6. - Top - End - #156

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I was beginning to grow concerned. It's fine, there's no rush.