New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords

so your saying that the raid was a diversion? Hmm, if true this doesnt bode well. very well thank you for your help and cooperation. I will contact you if anything comes up. though I would appreciate it if you kept word of this from spreading, the towns people have suffered enough already

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The group returns to Sandpoint in order to talk to the Mayor about their goblin killing contract.

Spoiler
    Show
    Careful not to give me free information. I never said it was a diversion, but as a player that cues me onto something. As the skele thing you need to pay attention in order to keep some semblence of difficulty, and have me figure everything out. If i'm not figuring it out, THEN you help me out with hints. But yeah, all things considered, bad form on the skeles. That's supposed to be the player's first experience with DR and they should be like "oh crap, do these guys have alot of hp or wtf?" All in all not too bad considering that i've been through this bit before, but still as a best practice... (Just my two cents)
    Last edited by auska89; 2014-01-15 at 08:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

you walk into the office and see the mayor talking with a tall elf ranger (mance and Elmiss, remember that this is the same ranger that beat Mance in the Archery contest), they are both looking a map of the surrounding area. after a few seconds the mayor notices you.

Ah, you're here. Shalelu, this is the group I told you about. I sent for them a few weeks after hearing about the increased goblin activity, well... we all know about that.

Shalelu looks the group over

ho its the ranger from the contest, didn't expect to see you so soon. And especially not with these circumstances

Spoiler
    Show
    as for giving you info I was only following the book the book says that "but if the PC s don't come to the conclusion, he'll muse that, perhaps, the goblin raid was a distraction so that this unknown thief could steal the remains of the town's previous priest" granted i could have been a little impatient but, lets chalk that on inexperience. secondly my bad about the skeleton thing, i should have know undead had DR. Thirdly, I think i will be taking Mondays and Wednesdays off from updating for a couple reasons. A) those days are busy for me B)I now see why it takes some time to get ready for a session. I havn't been this creative for this long ever, and i can start to see myself burn out.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"My lady Shalelu, it's a pleasure to meet you again" Elmiss says with a low bow, Mance nodding respectfully in Shalelu's direction. "Will you also be assisting in this goblin issue?"

"We're here boss, fill us in on the job and we'll get right to it" Rudra says with a smile and a wink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry didnt realise thats what the book said, my bad. Yes DMing can be stressful sometimes, and with player expectation it can be difficult to maintain good quality. I'd only ask that at least one update be made every day. (this doesnt require too much thought, probably only about 10 minutes of your time to come up with something decent). Therein lies the biggest thing about DMing as a whole. You must learn good time management, otherwise you wont be able to get around to it. Personally i've historically been tied in too much with personal issues, so something bad happens and i just decide "meh im done". Aka: Chelsie as you know :/

anywho, dont stress too much over it. I just want there to be at least one/day, that way we dont stagnate and go nowhere, and trust me, if you keep putting it off or delaying, it'll escalate to a campaign burn-out (thats, happened to me a few times as well).

If you have any questions or want some advice on DMing or just keeping your head above water what with time management just ask, with my schedule i think i know a thing or two about how to manage time lol

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sheriff hemlock (who is there as well) formally introduces you to Shalelu

I see that some of you have met Shalelu, that makes things a bit easier. for a few years now Shalelu has been quite a thorn in the side of the local goblin tribes. As I am sure your missive stated... he pauses for a second the mayor a cold glance, clearly he did not like being out of the loop ...there have been an increasing amount of goblin related raids in along the lost cost. Particularly in this area. he points on the map to a dale in between the two forests Nettlewood and Mosswood (map on pg 386 of anniversary edition) A few days ago, they burned down a farm south of Mosswood, and it only seems like its getting worse.

the mayor chimes in and says Shalelu, tell them what you told us.

Shalelu nods and turns to the group
    I've dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they're tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite. There are five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they're pretty good at keeping each other in line with inter-tribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I've been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. The fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don't get along unless they've got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I 'm afraid that someone's moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they're organizing seems like bad news for all of us.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, i will try to at least post once a day (minus times when we're hanging of course) just know that i want this to be as interesting and fun as it can be. which cant happen if im all "ugh i have to post this or ____ will happen" you know what i mean?
    Last edited by Alesterryku; 2014-01-16 at 02:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aye, gobbys dont be too keen on group efforts" Tommin says as he scratches his beard, "what say you Mance?", Mance blinks a few times and shrugs. "Aye, puzzlin aint it".

"Do you know which tribe is the leading one? we might be able to stomp out the whole ordeal if we can put them to rest", says Rudra eagerly.

"What leads can you give us to investigate?" Elmiss asks, ready to get this over and done with. She hated goblins quite a bit; destructive little gremlins which payed no heed to the natural or manufactured world. Just a pestilence to be put down.

Spoiler
    Show
    There is no backlash if you dont, i'm just enjoying myself and dont want this campaign to go on undetermined hiatus. Truth be told, now that i'm free of GF troubles, i'd probably make a much more consistent GM :P

Truth be told though, to my understanding you dont have a 16/17 hour day full of OMGWTFHAXORZ things that need doing or some such, so there is time. Just take it easy, and dont stress it too hard :)
    Also, not sure if i've dont this yet, but thank you for the Rise of the runelords campaign, your doing a good job so far (constructive critisisms aside). Keep up the good work.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

It's hard to say... Shalelu says as she ponders the map. A thoughtful silence stretches across the room, broke only by Hemlock as he slams his hand on the table.

well we can't just sit here, while some 'goblin king' or worse threatens my city. So here's what we are going to do. Shalelu, I want you go back out and sniff around Shank's Wood, Brine stump, Mosswood, Devil's Platter, and any other places where those buggers live. See if can't discover anything else about what's going on. I will take some men to Magnimar, and see about securing reinforcements; at least untill we find out what the bloody hell is going on. with that he rushes toward the door
    oh and one more thing, he says directly to your group I want nothing done untill we know the full extent of the situation, in the mean time keep a public face. The locals seem to have taken to you, and seeing you around town will do a lot for keeping worries down over the next few days.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The party stands silent listening to the outburst. "Will do scary man" Rudra chides after Sherriff hemlock leaves.

"We arn't here to vacation", Elmiss warns, "We'll stick around for a few days and see what happens". She and Mance leave.

"Whelp, that was eye opening" Tommin chuckles, "I'll be at the bar if ye be needin anythin".

Spoiler
    Show
    Bravo! on Sherriff Hemlock, that outburst gave me goosebumps it was so good ^^

very in character, very expressive, very very good RP. I could scarcly do better. So i'm back in town more or less unless the mayor has something to say, lets move this story along and see what happens.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

the mayor stands in shock as you walk out (OOC its almost like he wasn't there) Shalelu walks out with you
    well you may not be able to leave she laughs but I still have to buy some supplies before i head out, if you want to meet me at the red dragon inn I can give you some lore on the local goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    it seem like you want to get on with it, but i kind of want to do a couple more side quest. namely there's the boar hunt with foxglove and something that happens right after it (trouble at the red dragon inn its called but i haven't got around to reading it) but if you want go to the next section it think I can manage. also, thank you.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(OOC: lol wait there was a mayor there? I swear i wouldve noticed had someone not OMNOM'd the scene :P)

"We would like that", Elmiss says to Shalelu with Mance in tow.

(if theres a few hours before the start of the next RP "event" requiring player interaction)

Tommin after drinking a bit at the bar stumbles his way into the red dragon inn, in particular to find Ameiko. "Ey thar lassy", Tommin slurs, "Ah want you ta know thaht ah be appreciatin all this good survishes". He stumbles about and collapses into a couch with a big dumb grin on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Figured i'd give some fun little RP stuff for ya ^^ I love Tommin hes a big lug. And i just recently saw a pic of Ameiko... shes not bad looking by dwarf standards :D she could use a bit more facial hair tho. I think in a situation like this, if you want certain plot elements to happen and the players arnt going to the plot, the plot needs to come to the players (Aka: I'd get around to it eventually, but Foxglove can hunt us down as well lol)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Ameiko just laughs and shakes her head, then goes about serving the other costumers
    (to my understanding it is still the same day as when you found the skeletons, which even then was a bit late in the day)

It has gotten very late, and you all have sat down for some dinner, tommin is clearly drunk, which is a rather normal occurrence. when your approached by Aldern Foxglove
    oh good, your all here. i was wondering if you would be interested in accompanying me on a boar hunt tomorrow

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Ah love pork!, When we gettin started!?" says Tommin as he perks up.

"Oh i almost forgot about you, I'm glad you returned" Rudra says with a smile, "We'd love to. you did after all promise us a reward". She winks knowingly and continues sipping at her drink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay fun times with the boar hunt, when i went through on my test party Sigurd (my Paladin), told everyone he'd take it on alone, left his sword on the horse, and grappled the beast to death ^^. Needless to say, it was awesome :D

but you remember how broke-sauce Sigurd was, he was never really troubled by anything in Burnt Offerings. (probably could've soloed the whole thing)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

that was what i had in mind. Great then i will meet you at the gate tomorrow morning.

he leaves you to your dinner. once you finish you decide to go to bed.

in the morning you go and meet Aldern
    ah Good morrow, what a fine day it is.
    Last edited by Alesterryku; 2014-01-17 at 10:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Got me rest, an' ahm ready ta go huntin", spouts Tommin as he scratches his beard with his axe.

"It is a fine day. Thank you for inviting us on such a hunt, it should be great fun", says Elmiss with a charming smile.

(When they set off, Rudra will ride close to Aldern, Elmiss and Mance will ride with each other, and Tommin will trot alongside Rudra) (Mance and Rudra will have their bows readied, Elmiss will ready an entangle spell for when they spot a boar. With a 40ft radius, it'll be a simple snare and snipe opperation ^^)
    Last edited by auska89; 2014-01-17 at 11:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

It's a mile-and-a-half ride to Tickwood Forest, just north of the upthrust limestone escarpment known as the Devil's Platter. Despite its ominous name, Tickwood is actually a relatively safe woodland, one well known to be the home of wild boars, deer, firepelt cougars, and the rare giant ticks for which the wood is named-but no goblin tribes dwell within its boundaries.

it takes about a half an hour to get there, all the will Aldern talks with the group.

everyone but Rudra make a perception check (OOC i am leaving rudra out, not because shes oblivious, but i assume she doesn't care, if i am wrong, let rudra roll as well)
    Last edited by Alesterryku; 2014-01-17 at 11:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Perception:

Rudra: (Yay i'm important!) = -20
    Tommin: +7 = 19
    Mance: +6 = 21
    Elmiss: +10 = 24

Elmiss is intrigued by these native animals that Foxglove tells them about, she secretly asks Mance to keep an eye out for any tracks that look like one of these unique creatures.

Survival to Track creatures:

Mance: +6 = 22 (booyah!)

(If he's successful Mance points it out and Elmiss asks to follow the tracks)
    (I'm intrigued by giant ticks and firepelt cougars :D)

Spoiler
    Show
    Ball is in your court DM, the player is distracted by erroneous detail :D

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

(OOC you misunderstand my reason for making you roll, also did rudra roll a negative 20? )

all of you notice (including rudra if she cares) notice that Fox glove has calmed down his obsessive tendencies, at least for the moment. though he is still fixated on Rudra
    so how long have you been fighting goblins? he asks the group in general

Spoiler
    Show
    yea you haven't even reached the forest yet so calm down on the tracking

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(Rudra didnt roll a -20, i just figured she wasnt paying much attention and conversing... so she percieves her own magnificence)

"Well ah been fightin gobbys since i was but a wee Dwarf, the area round the salt mines of Goten were littered with tha lil pests." says Tommin.

"I never really messed with goblinoids till i got with this group, you dont exactly meet with many savage creatures when your occupation is an exotic dancer" Rudra says with a wink. "Although i think i like the adventuring, quite a bit more these days. More hot, more intense, more fun"
    "Goblins never lasted long when they came into our territory" Elmiss states proudly. "The Songwood of the Elsir Vale detests all manner of vileness"
    Mance looks over and smiles, he enjoys reminicing about home.

[Edit: Everyone is used to Rudra getting alot of attention... shes... different that way :P so they dont think much of it]

Spoiler
    Show
    Can i keep the survival roll? I want some tick + cougar action ^^
    Last edited by auska89; 2014-01-17 at 12:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

S...so you were an exotic dancer? he asks with curiosity

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Why yes of course", Rudra replies coyly, "Why do you ask, are you interested?"

At the 2nd bit everyone rolls their eyes thinking "oh not this again"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

y-yes... I mean, no.. uh...er poor foxglove stammers as Rudra talks in here alluring fashion what i mean is i am interested in all of you
    Last edited by Alesterryku; 2014-01-20 at 05:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

a gleam appears in Tommin's eye. "Och, so ye be interested in me eh?" he says with a wink. "Well ah havnt been active for years but i suppose i could give it a wee shot"

At that Mance and Rudra cant help but laugh out loud.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

wait...what? no that is not what I meant. I meant...oh look there's the Forrest

as you reach the Forrest it is not hard to pick up a boar trail

Spoiler
    Show
    do you want an encounter, or can i just gloss over the hunt, you would get the xp either way.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(Just gloss over it, give it a good description of how it went and what not. A single boar is childs play to this party :P)

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, i LOL'd at our torture of Foxglove :D

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Like I said it is not too hard to find a trail, and even easier to find a boar. well, it would be more accurate to say the boar found you. The highly territorial boars of Tickwood are known to attack anything that encroaches on its territory. Luckily you have a druid with entangle and the poor boar is slain under your combined forces. Elmiss quickly says a prayer for the boar as it is tied to a pole and carried between two horses (600xp for boar). The ride back to town is filled with merriment (mostly at foxgloves expense) and it doesnt take long to get back to the inn.

As promised Ameiko prepares the boar and much feasting is to be had. That is, until a surly looking noble comes in and slams the door behind him
    Koko de wa watashi no Musmume!
    he yells in a language that none of you can understand. at this the din of the feast dies down as the local patrons seem to be suddenly fascinated with their plates, even if they don't have one. the man stalks in, scanning the room until his eyes meet yours. The man is Lonjiku Kaijitsu a well known noble, he is old but he looks like he hasn't slept in a week. whatever purpose he came in originally for leaves his mind as he lays eyes on you.
    Well, if it isn't the "heroes", everyone thinks you've saved the town but you've only doomed us all. Your "antics" against the goblins will only endanger us further. he says angrily.
    Last edited by Alesterryku; 2014-01-20 at 07:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well would you look at that gang, it would appear that Mr. Angry pants over here knows something we dont", Rudra says offhandedly a smile appearing on her face. "Do pray tell why it is that we are so doomed"

"Ye know, ye shouldnt be incitin fear n' panic to tha people, only make everyone crazy n' stuff. Think before ye speak boy!", says Tommin as he takes another swig from his tankard. He's obviously annoyed at having his relaxation time interupted.

Spoiler
    Show
    oooh plot is happening :D, tell me your secrets!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lonjiku doesnt have an answer for your question, but is no less angry

I dont know, but what i do know is that you should have left it to the trained professionals, instead of sticking your nose in buisness in which you have no right being in.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Your welcome", Elmiss chimes in. "Perhaps you can do better to protect the town?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

lonjiku fumes at the snide remark from the halfling and just as he starts to go on a rant Ameiko comes out with a soup ladle in hand

now what is all this ruckus ab... Father? What are yoyu doing here

Leaving, and your coming with me

what? No! I have a business to run.

Not anymore you don't, you've shamed our family enough with your adventuring, I will not stand you spiting on our name anymore. Your coming with me to Magnimar or I will cut you out of the will.

To hell with that!

Spoiler
    Show
    it is here where i will stop it to give you a chance to intervene if you so choose.(it is not required but due to the nature of PBP I at least have to give you a chance)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mance gets up and quickly as wind steps between the two glareing daggers at Lonjiku, one hand raised towards Lonjiku and another resting on his dagger's hilt.