The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Ikashan - Dawn of Worlds (OOC)

This is the OOC thread for a Dawn of Worlds game.

For reference:

Spoiler: Omegonthesane: Gyosatha the Corpse God
    Show
    God: G'yosatha
    Titles: The Life-Bringer, The Corpse God
    Portfolio: Death, Decay, Corrosion
    Agenda: Life. Lots and lots of life. Because living things become dead things, y'see.
    Appearance: Gyosatha most typically manifests as a pestilent vapour, or a fetid pile of rotting slurry if it requires a solid presence; however, it prefers to animate nearby biomass, or manipulate the living into serving its will.
    Symbol: Most typically symbolised by a tree in autumn, though to students of the occult, any reminder that life is fleeting and finite can be a symbol of the Corpse God.

Spoiler: The Grim Author: Volh the Labourer
    Show
    God: Volh
    Titles: The Laborer, The Blood of the World
    Portfolio: Metal, Oil, Labor, Flame
    Agenda: Innovation. Those who make use of his creations are those whom he cherishes secondmost, after what they have made with his creations.
    Appearance: Volh appears as a colossus of fire and steel, a giant who weeps oil and bleeds magma. His more mortal-sized forms are always heavily-muscled and tirelessly working.
    Symbol: The Laborer's symbol is a hammer, wreathed in flame. He does have an alternate symbol, but few apart from his worshippers would recognize the oil-drenched gear.

Spoiler: Ladorak: Ommadon the Despiser
    Show
    Name: Ommadon
    Title(s): The Despiser, the Great Corrupter, the Plague Walker
    Portfolio: Illness, lies, hate, corruption
    Agenda: As you might expect the Despiser hates almost everything. Even his own creations and worshippers are sneered at at best. They are nothing but playing pieces to him. He holds himself ultimately superior and thus considers creation his personal plaything, a plaything he has no attachment to and seems to revel in destroying. His exact agenda he is keeping to himself (And would you believe him if he told you?) but it clearly involves the spreading of sickness to the world and the concentration of power around himself
    Appearance: When sickness is rife in the world he appears as a very thin pale man, dressed in grey robes. His eyes are green cat's eyes, though pale his skin is perfect, though he is very thin he looks abundantly healthy, though he looks fragile he radiates menace. He is almost always smiling, a smile with no warmth, a smile of pure contempt.
    When sickness wanes in the world the body slowly disappears, growing more and more transparent until only the eyes remain
    Symbol: A green cat's eyes with 10 interchanged red and black tendrils extending out from around it

Spoiler: Surgate: Garniath the Porcelain Beast
    Show
    Name: Garniath
    Titles: The Porcelain beast, The Revenant Marionette
    Portfolio: Marionettes, Porcelain, Fear
    Agenda: Every Marionette has a puppeteer, Garniath searches someone worthy to accept as his own, someone who can play the game so to speak, beyond that......he follows his puppeteer more or less.
    He also enjoys scaring the wits out of people and pranking them....but thats his hobby not his agenda.
    Appearance: There is not a set appearance for him, but he often will appear as an animated wolf like beast filled with a black dripping liquid and uses porcelain as most of his skin. However he can also take over any puppets, dolls and marionettes sometimes to show himself amongst mortals.
    Symbol: The drawing of a marionette with its string cut symbolizing there is no puppeteer for him (for now).

Spoiler: Toxic Mind: Azerin the Winged Dawn
    Show
    Azerin: "The Pure Light" or "The Winged Dawn"
    Portfolio: Light, Order, Purity, Justice, Dawn/Day

Azerin has been dwelling in space since the dawn of the world, and his radiance has provided light for the planet. He awakes when a small metal canister floats by his form. Naturally it is incinerated, but this represents the first incursion into what Azerin considers his realm. He decides that Order must be restored to the world, so that these mortal races will learn their place, and never again challenge him. So he deigns to join his "brothers" (he would use the term loosely) on the world, and show them that the Purity and Order of Light was not to be trifled with.

Spoiler: Breitheamh: Wrack
    Show
    God: Wrack
    Titles: The Eye, The Scales, The Sword, The Patient One
    Portfolio: Vengeance, Balance, Justice
    Agenda: Its purpose is to avenge. It waits, it watches, it judges, and it executes.
    Appearance: It appears as a man dressed from neck to foot in black. Its feet and head are bare, exposing the pale beauty of its flawless, hairless skin. Its hands remain covered in black. It wears an eyepatch over the right eye and holds a sword in its left hand

Spoiler: Departed Deities
    Show
    Spoiler: Julian928: The Dealmaker
    Show
    God: Its name has been erased from memory, even that of the divine, done so by means which are equally unknown. The deity finds itself incapable of maintaining a stable and consistent identity, including a name outside of the given title.
    Title(s): The Dealmaker, It
    Portfolio: Magic, Order, Free Will, Consequence
    Agenda: Maintain the natural order: For every kindness, a cruelty, and vice versa. The chaos must be carefully maintained, or else it will all come crashing down, and damning a few mortals to eternal servitude is a splendid way of doing so.
    Appearance: Whatever will make the being that invokes It the least intimidated, the shape influenced by what the mortal expects. When among mortals, It appears differently to everyone. When alone, the Dealmaker's form is amorphous, sometimes walking a field as a child, and sometimes examining the world as though it were a marble in the hand of some colossal horror.
    Symbols: As part of the chaos imposed on the cosmos's champion of order and predictability, it will never have knowing supplicants (as so very few can peg what the Dealmaker, in all Its godly splendor, represents), and therefore never a standard religious symbol. Invoking the most recognized (the Faustian entity known as the Dealmaker) requires only the belief that you are going about whatever ritual you have attempted correctly. To those few who know better, cyclical or predicted events, or the rise of a great and consolidated power are times of reverence.

Spoiler: ShadowDragon: Galanna the Huntress
    Show
    God: Galanna.
    Titles: The Lady of Sad Eyes, The Huntress.
    Portfolio: Life and Death, Hunting.
    Agenda: Creation and sustaining of the cycle between life and death.
    Appearance: A beautiful and seemingly delicate lady dressed in a long plain battle dress, her waving dark hair reaching her waist adorned with a silver tiara, carrying a bow and arrows.
    Symbol: An arrow with an 8-shaped (infinite) shaft.

Spoiler: Cogsrow: Char the Night Lord
    Show
    God: Char
    Titles: The void born, the night lord, Night stalker
    Portfolio: Darkness, Space, stars, night, survival
    Agenda: A world of eternal darkness reigned over by might nocturnal hunters
    Appearance: Char is a perfect sphere of darkness, if he chooses a shape it is of a humanoid being with 10 wings, it's body seemingly composed of the night sky worn as inky black clothing, his eyes shine like suns
    Symbol: Symbolized by a black vortex behind a white star

Spoiler: Orbiter: Garniath the Porcelain Beast
    Show
    Name: Garniath
    Titles: The Porcelain beast, The Revenant Marionette
    Portfolio: Marionettes, Porcelain, Fear
    Agenda: Every Marionette has a puppeteer, Garniath searches someone worthy to accept as his own, someone who can play the game so to speak, beyond that......he follows his puppeteer more or less.
    He also enjoys scaring the wits out of people and pranking them....but thats his hobby not his agenda.
    Appearance: There is not a set appearance for him, but he often will appear as an animated wolf like beast filled with a black dripping liquid and uses porcelain as most of his skin. However he can also take over any puppets, dolls and marionettes sometimes to show himself amongst mortals.
    Symbol: The drawing of a marionette with its string cut symbolizing there is no puppeteer for him (for now).

Spoiler: Radmelon: Cantum Belli, the Spirited Champion
    Show

God: Cantum Belli
    Titles: The Spirited Champion, The Metal Bard, Discordant Harmony
    Portfolio: War, Music, Weather, Glory
    Agenda: Fight and Sing in the most awesome way possible. A little music makes everything better.
    Appearance: A tall humanoid figure in runed armour that conceals everything beneath. The runes glow in a variety of colours, and are reminiscent of musical notes.
    Symbol: His Helmet

The opening map may be a bit bland at opening, what with being a new world yet to be modified by the resident deities.

Map

Spoiler
    Show

I'll be updating the map every turn or two dependent on time on my end, based on the descriptions given of where land/cities/other created things are meant to be. Alternately, you can provide images of which bits of the map just changed, and I'll incorporate those into the main map.

The IC thread will be up some time tomorrow, no later than 5pm GMT for the start of the first turn in about 19 hours.
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-04-27 at 02:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Ikashan - Dawn of Worlds (OOC)

I better decide on a name then

Ommadon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Would it be much trouble to ask for a second, unchanging map with a grid overlay? In the past, it's helped a lot with the placement, since instead of guesstimating you can say "D7." It doesn't need to get new features, just be a point of reference.

EDIT: Thought it'd be less of a pain if I made it myself!
    Spoiler
    Show

It's A-O top-down, and 1-15 left to right.
    Last edited by Julian928; 2014-02-14 at 08:38 PM.
    78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In a small village, during the Rite of Passage for some promising young warriors.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Hmm....I think I have char's plans laid out. Also note he is definently more TN he just wants light to end, which I dont' think he can do, so he instead builds worlds of darkness. Char may not be evil but things like vampires, undead, and other night creatures are things he would make

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Strictly speaking, if creatures we would equate to undead come into being before that which we consider living, then the other stuff is actually the living and other creatures are the aberrations.
    78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

In a small village, during the Rite of Passage for some promising young warriors.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Heh Char the mind screw god XD, but no I'm thinking more he builds an underwater system of caves that connect to whatever mainland continent, so his minions get their eternal night

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is it A-O L->R, or is it A-O Top-down?
    *tips hat* Pleasure to meet you. You can call me Grim.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Technically, since it's 15x15, it could be either as long as we maintain it, but let's say top-down. I would have put the notation on the image itself, but unfortunately, the generator I used didn't include that feature.
    Last edited by Julian928; 2014-02-14 at 08:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Hoping I get a decent roll for the beginning... what I have planned for D13 is, IMO, a hell of a lot of fun.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Think we should roll for initiative?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

IIRC initiative is determined by who rolls the highest for their power points

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right, that rings a bell. Some groups I've been in have tossed a d20 instead, so that person with scads of points doesn't get everything they do undone by the others (or, by extension, undo the work of those without many points) regularly.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The grid pattern certainly helps as a reference but I would be hesitant to feel restricted to working within individual squares of it.

Also, this being PbP it's probably best if Initiative is set by "when Real Life permits you to post". That is to say, there is no set initiative order, there is no strict requirement to wait for any or all others if you yourself have not posted in a given turn. It was with that Initiative in mind that I put up the rule clarifying how long a "full round" is to mean "until the next time you post, or the end of the next round".

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The grid isn't meant to be restrictive, merely a method of communicating approximate location. For instance, I might say that I'd like a forest to go diagonally from around the middle of C9 to around the middle of D8, which will give you (as the cartographer) a much better sense of location than "The upper middle bit, kinda crooked."

If as-available is the complete method of choice, then that's fine. Amorphous turns will actually make things more fun, anyway.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

IC thread get.

Those wishing to literally post at the exact second of the starting gun have in the region of 110 minutes to prepare. I'm not going to blow a gasket if someone posts before 5pm, that's mainly the end-turn marker for future turns.
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-02-15 at 10:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Do we roll points here or in IC. I'm doing it here

(2d6)[6]

Starting post is almost done. I'm not gonna jump the gun tho... I'll wait till 5
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2014-02-15 at 11:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

If you must use the GiantITP dice roller, then do so here - Preview breaks the GiantITP roller, it is known. This is part of why I prefer Orokos.

Also, to confirm, is that no action for the Despiser's first turn?
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-02-15 at 12:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

First i need to know my points, i have some ideas as to what i am gonna be doing.
    Now lets see how much sugar i got to use (2d6)[7]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think I'll give Orokos a try next turn, but WHEE!

(2d6)[8]
    Last edited by Julian928; 2014-02-15 at 01:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Char has plans that will commence soon :3, speaking of we're allowed t osay alter land underground right?

(2d6)[6]

21. - Top - End - #21

Let's do this, kids!

(2d6)[9]

22. - Top - End - #22

ElfWarriorGuy

Let's see how this goes. ;D

(2d6)[7]
    Hofkah, the Earth Worker (Dragonborn Druid 1)
    Ffermwyr, the White Lion (High Elf Ranger 3)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Seven players, seven actions - it's already the next round.

Technically, Shadow Dragon's post was in soon enough that the new deadline is 5pm GMT Tuesday rather than Wednesday.

I'd best get working on the map...

ShadowDragon - effectively yes, but thinking of it that way risks becoming confused(tm). Ending the turn with 5 or fewer points gives you a +1 to your next roll the first time, +2 if you've done it two rounds running, +3 if you've done it three or more.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

(2d6+1)[5]

Hmm now what would char do in his subterranean domain. And damnit he's shapeing up to be a pretty weak god >.>
    Last edited by Cogsrow; 2014-02-16 at 03:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That didn't take long (2d6+1)[12]

Edit: Can you hear the evil laughter?
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2014-02-16 at 05:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

(2d6)[5]

Heh cant wait to see what you will do actually.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(2d6+1)[6]

Plus the 5 left over becomes...

11!
    Last edited by Julian928; 2014-02-17 at 02:09 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omegonthesane View Post
    ShadowDragon - effectively yes, but thinking of it that way risks becoming confused(tm). Ending the turn with 5 or fewer points gives you a +1 to your next roll the first time, +2 if you've done it two rounds running, +3 if you've done it three or more.
    Nice, got it! ;D

29. - Top - End - #29

ElfWarriorGuy

(2d6+1)[9]

Rolling for power btw, will post later tonight.

30. - Top - End - #30

And now, for round number two. Plus one for my complete lack of points... I get...

(2d6+1)[7]