New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

Tass follows the guards with her eyes for a few moments before she wraps up her weapons as requested and enter the building.

Well inside, she quickly ends up feeling out of place. Not having attended many feasts before, she can't quite figure out what's expected of her, and not until after having observed the other guests for a while, she hesistantly picks a plate from the most empty-looking table and walks over to the table in the middle, checking out what's being served while frequently throwing glances over her shoulders to see if anyone's looking at her.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Alphonse:

Prince Wuscfrea turns to look at you, and smiles widely. He has a friendly face, and his cheeks are beginning to get somewhat red from the mead he's drinking. He shakes your hand enthusiastically, then says in a smooth and cultured voice, "Hello there, good man! I was so busy talking to Lord Eklund that I didn't see you come in! How are you? Janick will be out here soon, and once he and the others I sent for are here, we can get down to business; he left to go talk with the musicians a minute or so ago. One of them was making a big deal over much we'd pay them, which doesn't really bother me - I mean, what's a few extra gold? Let them have it; it's not like we need it - but Janick insisted that he try to talk them down first. Anyway, how have you been? I'd love to hear of your travels, if there's anything interesting to tell. No trouble with the guards getting in, I hope?"

--
    Tass:

Platters are piled high with a plethora of meats and vegetables. Exotic (and more local) fruits sit at one end of the table, and various steaks and meat pies sit on the other. Between them are an assortment of breads and stews. At the very center of the table is a massive roast boar, which has already been sliced into.

The man in the corner that Béla sat down near seemed to be looking at you for a bit, although he has since turned away to attend to his bird. You draw some looks from a few guests, but they don't really seem interested enough to talk to you.

Then a tall man in simple silk robes walks to the table by you, although he keeps a somewhat comfortable distance. He takes some bread and a large slice of the boar, and then turns to you. He speaks in a loud voice with a thick accent, "Ye look a wee bit uncomf'table, lassie. I know some'un that ye might find a leetle easier to talk to, if'n I can find 'im agin'. Daedrim dun' fancy spekkin' with yon nobs s'much either. What's yer name?" He points to a small bowl of yellow fruit on the table. "Oy, what's 'is fruit 'ere?"
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

"I've been well, Sir Prince. Not much excitement out on the roads with you around, so my journey to this fair city supplied not much in way of adventure, though I've a feeling your request will more then suffice. I had no issue getting in, though..." Alphonse lowers his voice "...I will say, I saw some shadow'd figure skulking about on my way in, and an odd, sweet metallic taste on the tip of my tongue. Would you happen to know anything about this, Sir Prince?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Rather than tie his weapon, Lucas decides it would be accessible enough within his Haversack, where it would be out of sight, but not out of reach. He pockets the leather strap, not knowing how it would have made his mace any more secure to begin with. Still, he should have known better, but the excitement of going to a feast must have adled his senses a bit (or the Hog's Frost from earlier).

Lucas does a double take as he notices the shadowy figure. Guards in the shadows? Archers perhaps? His suspicions are thwarted however when Alphonse informs the guard, and wth no recognition of people matching the description, concern creases his forhead. Still, with the guard investigating, and him expected inside, curiousity would have to wait.

Once inside, Lucas' concerned appearance melts away as he slides into his social persona. This persona was crafted by the long stint in his life where he owned his tavern. Lucas makes a perfunctory circle around the room, listening for interesting conversation, and accepting any food offered to him, if any. After his first circle, he goes to the area of food and drink, selects a pleasing drink and takes two cups, and proceeds to the most interesting conversation he heard a snatch of conversation from.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-01-22 at 10:39 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Alphonse:

His expression changes to one of immense interest, and he says "Really?" Hrm... well, I don't know what to say about the man you saw... but a sweet, metallic taste? You didn't bite your lip, by chance?"

At this point, the other man from the chariot steps out from a side door, and walks over to you. He's of an average height, and wears a strikingly white military uniform, well-decorated with badges and medals. His hair is a pale blonde that's turned almost white with age, and his skin is a similarly pale, almost white colour. He bows slightly to the both of you, then addresses the prince, with a rough, but pleasantly calm voice, "They seem to have locked their door, mi'lord, and I hadn't the inclination to knock it down. Perhaps they've changed their minds? I certainly hope they come out soon. I heard them rehearse and they're quite talented."

Wuscfrea stands up and puts his arm over the man's shoulders. "Janick! One of our guests has found us! Alphonse, this is General Janick Holtti; Janick, this is Alphonse, the Jade Dragon."

Holtti looks you up and down, then extends a hand and bows ever so slightly. "Pleased to meet you, sir. Were you put in contact with the others we sent letters to? I'd like to know if they plan to attend or not; I can explain our situation to you now if they're not here." He scratches his chin. "Hrm... why don't you tell us a bit about yourself before we start talking business. I hear you've done some mercenary work?"

--
    Lucas:

Among the guests, these conversations catch your ear...

From a small group of petty nobles by the stage: "...and you wouldn't believe it, but I swear, the man turned into a bird! I saw it with me own two eyes!"

From a merchant speaking with a priest of Vermiculus: "...from the north. See, because my fam'ly's from Nordrake, but we cross'd the mount'ns long ago - anyway, all the fightin's made it hard..."

From two guards walking between the tables: "...was getting pretty bored watching the line, I heard. Probably made something up just to get away from the guests..."

From the table of merchants you noticed coming in: "...a few problems with bandits, though. You'll want guards, believe you me. And then there's Fryngaer, but that's a ways out of the way..."

From two nobles standing by the entrance: "...the music's supposed to be excellent tonight. I wonder when they'll take the stage?"
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #66

"I can be sure I didn't bite my lips, Sir Prince." Alphonse says quickly. When Holtti appears, Jade will bow as much as one can when sitting down and shake his hand "Ah, Sir Holtti, hello. The others are here, they're just indisposed at the moment". Alphonse will then point them out for future reference, before indulging in Holtti's request. "Yes, Sir Holtti, mercenary is my trade. I've quashed a few bandits in my time, to be sure."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Lucas decides to first address the two guards on patrol in the room, and alert them to the lurking figure he had seen earlier. From what he had overheard, Tass and Alphonse leaving it to the hands of the guard at the line had not gone well. The more they know it was an actual event, the better.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-01-21 at 11:39 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I'm Tass.

Tass looks toward Daedrim's table, and Béla.

I think I want to wait before going there. A little.

She then looks at the fruits the man is talking about, trying to see if she recognises them.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Knowledge (nature) check: (1d20+15)[22]

Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Béla slowly looks up at the man. Esta é unha boa ave. Dime, con todo, que é exactamente está? Estou Béla.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Alphonse:

Holtti nods. "Let them enjoy the feast, then. I take it that you're not one of Reyn's hires, then, aye? You don't really look the type." He chuckles. "That's good, though. I don't want to pay out a good sum of money to someone who's going to be ultimately loyal to a potential enemy-"

Wuscfrea interrupts, "Oh, let it be! My father and him made a treaty, and I know Reyn's type. He'll honor it for as long as we do. He even came to the feast as a sign of good will! I promise you, the man won't invade us again."

Holtti bows his head slightly, and after a short pause, continues. "It pays to be careful. Regardless, he'd probably send us some warrior that doesn't even speak Cymran. Alphonse here is perfect for the job. Young, strong, and smart enough to not need an extra brain with him at all times. That's what we need." He pulls out a small pouch and sets it on the table. It makes a small rattling sound, as if it's full of stones.

Holtti leans in, gives you a serious look, and says quietly, "Will you swear yourself to secrecy? I had enough political enemies before I was the chief advisor to the man next in line to the throne - I don't need anyone to capitalize on this."

--
    Lucas:

The two guards look at each other, then back to you.

"We'll let the other guards know to keep an eye out. You enjoy the feast - we'll take care of this. Thank you very much, sir." They bow, then get a few more guards' attention and go outside.

--
    Tass:

"Suit yerse'f, lassie. Oy, 'ave ye tried tha' bread? This stuff's amazin'!" The man tosses a rather large slice on your plate.

Spoiler: Tass
    Show
    The fruit appear to be lemons, probably imported from Zelles. They're fully ripe, and will definitely be very sour.

--
    Béla:

At the first sign of you speaking Laceusian, the man's entire demeanor changes. "Oh! Vostede fala a miña lingua nativa! Saúdos, Béla. Este é Zye-Wouj - el é un kònèy albino e un pouco grande, tou. El é máis forte do que parece, tamén. El parece estar encantado coa comida no seu prato; se darlle un pouco de carne, pode pousar no seu ombreiro.

"Oh, el é tan raro atopar alguén que fala Laceusian aquí! Todos estes aristócratas só falan Cymrainen ou a lingua do Norte. Dime, onde é? Eu son do bosque Fwi-Vèt no sur Zelles, pero eu vin agora en miñas viaxes - Eu fun cada imperio no continente."
    He seems to drift off a little, as if he's daydreaming, or reminiscing. "Dime, Béla, xa estivo en Orissa? Eu sinto falta Phaladi... as praias da costa oriental da Hindrun son as mellores cousas que eu xa vin... Wi?"

Spoiler: Laceusian
    Show
    Oh! You speak my native tongue! Greetings, Bela. This is Zye-Wouj - he is an albino raven, and a somewhat large one, at that. He's stronger than he looks, too. He seems to be enamored with the food on your plate; if you give him some meat, he may perch on your shoulder.

Oh, it is so strange to meet someone who speaks Laceusian here! All of these aristocrats only speak Cymrainen or the North tongue. Tell me, where are you from? I am from the Fwi-Vèt forest in southern Zelles, but I have come far in my travels - I've been to every empire on the continent. Tell me, Bela, have you been to Orissa? I miss Phaladi... the beaches on the eastern coast of Hindrun are the finest things I have ever seen... Yes?
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-21 at 04:16 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #71

"Worry not, Sir Holtti. I have my honour and pride as a mercenary. I wouldn't jump ship for an extra coin." Alphonse answers. He lowers his tone to match Holtti's, "I swear it upon my name, Sir Holtti. Whatever secret you entrust will stay hidden, until such a time as you choose it not to be."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Those are lemons. Sour.

Tass struggles to keep up with the man's conversation, yet still she's silently thankful for not being left alone. She gratefully accepts the slice of bread, happy to be served by someone who seems to understand the social codes.

Oh, thank you, uh... What's your name?

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Alphonse:

"The job for which I am asking your services has to do with the... circumstances of Brynne's death. It's no secret that the two of us had our differences, and I'm afraid that my political enemies will take action to frame me for it. See... the medic found vestiges of a deadly poison made from the lotus plant in his blood, and dim traces of powerful black magic lingering on his person. I had assumed an assassin, but I'm willing to hear other ideas, if you have any."

"I wish you to find out who this assassin is, and fully investigate Brynne's death. For this task, I will pay 10% of your fee upfront, in rubies, and then the remainder upon its completion. You and your companions are expected to equip yourself. You will have both Wuscfrea's and my own political support, should it be necessary."
    He looks in the pouch, then procures a single flawless ruby. "What do you say, Alphonse?"

--
    Tass:

"Sour, aye? I'll 'ave none o' that, now. I might take one o'er to Daedrim, though. Bastard loves 'is sour fruits. Says they remind 'im o' home. No wonder 'e's such a sour bastard, haha!" He slaps his side with his hand as he laughs, and your keen ears pick out the light clinking of muffled metal chains underneath his shirt.

"Ey, anytime, lassie!" He looks at you carefully for a second, then nods, seemingly reassured. "Not one o' them nobs, eh? Dun' really look like it, I dun' think. 'Ow 'bout ye jus' call me John?" He nods at the nearest group of nobles. "Tha' city folk 'ere are all ta' civ'liz'd for me, but I got to meet wit' some'un 'ere on bus'ness. Tha' little bastard's suppos'd to be at this feast, but I ain't seen 'im. Wha' brings ye 'ere to Capel Kerig?"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-21 at 08:43 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #74

Alphonse doesn't hesitate "Job accepted, Sir Holtti. Let me think a moment. Hmm..."

Spoiler
    Show

I'll then do a History check to see what I know about various assassins in history, black magic'd or otherwise, to see if I've got a good place to start my investigations: (1d20+4)[6]
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-01-21 at 08:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

He hands the raven a piece of plump pork with a sweet sauce. Eu son das montañas que cruzan Trakai. Non estiven en Orissa antes. O que chama a si mesmo?

Spoiler
    Show
    I am from the mountains crossing Trakai. I have never been in Orrisa before. What do you call yourself?
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2014-01-21 at 10:49 PM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Alphonse:

Holtti places the ruby in your hand, and something feels odd about his hand. It's muscular and extremely callused, and a quick glance down reveals it to be heavily scarred - almost mutilated. He seems to hesitate, then withdraws his hand and bows slightly.

"Excellent. I would be most appreciative if you could tell the rest of your group in attendance, as I have some business that needs attending to." He turns to Wuscfrea and then begins to walk off. "Now, I'm going to go put those musicians on stage, and I'm taking a key with me this time. And one of the guards... I bet they're just very drunk. Say, where have all the guards gone? There were ten in here at the beginning of the feast, and now I count four."

Spoiler: Alphonse
    Show
    Unfortunately, your historical knowledge reveals nothing of use.

--
    Béla

Zye-Wouj takes the pork from you, and greedily swallows it. He flaps his wings and lands on your shoulder, and while you can feel his talons, he seems to be making every effort to avoid tearing your clothes. The white raven stares at you for a few seconds, then knocks its head against yours. Apparently satisfied, it begins to look around the room from its new perch.

The man says, Oh, eu vexo. Ti e eu somos dous moi lonxe de casa. O meu nome dato é perdido hai moito tempo ao tempo, pero pode me chamar Daedrim. Todo o mundo fai. Ten idade suficiente para lembrar Trakai antes que conquistou a través das montañas? Iso foi ... preto de 300 anos, eu creo. Un total de 100 anos antes Cymru tiñan un calendario, mesmo. He seems to size you up, then asks, "Vistes de Mago, eu vexo. Onde estudou?"

Show
    "Oh, I see. You and I are both very far from home. My given name is long lost to time, but you may call me Daedrim. Everyone else does. Are you old enough to remember Trakai before they conquered across the mountains? That was... about 300 years ago, I think. A full 100 years before Cymru had a calendar, even."

"Mage's robes, I see. Where did you study?"
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #77

Alphonse pockets the ruby. Before Holtti leaves, Alphonse will answer his question, in a somewhat hushed tone "I and, it appears my companions, saw some shadowed figure skulking about outside. I'd presume the guards went to investigate."

Once Holtti leaves, he'll ask Prince Wuscfrea a question. "Tell me, Sir Prince, and pardon my odd question, but does Sir Holtti have a problem with his hands? Scars and the like, for instance?"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-01-21 at 11:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, Daedrim. I studied at an academy in Kozelysk. I am around... one hundred and thirty six as of this year. Relatively young in the eyes of the tribe.

That reminds me. Have you heard of any creature that leaves a sort of... sweet, metallic taste in your mouth? Gives off an aura of fear? There is something outside; I saw it coming in.

Moi ben, Daedrim. Estudei nunha academia en Kozelysk. Estou por aí ... 136 a partir deste ano. Relativamente novo, aos ollos da tribo.

He pauses a few seconds, and shifts uneasily.
    Isto me lembra. Xa escoitou falar de calquera criatura que deixa unha especie de ... doce sabor metálico na boca? Dá unha aura de medo? Hai algo alí fóra, vin que vén dentro
    Show
    You're my favorite.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Tass eyes the man in front from head to toe, curiously studying him as she judges his words.

Then thank you John. I...
    She hesitates for a moment, trying to figure out how much she can say, subconsciously adjusting the way the leather strap of her scroll case hangs over her shoulder.
    I was summoned here for my knowledge of the wilds. I don't know to what end, though.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Something seems off. Tass tries to spot the signs of conceiled weapons or a chain shirt under the his clothes, while judging if his hesistancy to tell his name means anything.

Spot check: (1d20+15)[28]
    Sense Motive check: (1d20+5)[7]

(Skill modifiers have been adjusted upwards due to addition of Periapt of Wisdom.)
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-01-22 at 06:19 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Having quelled his worry a bit, Lucas scans the room. What snippets of conversations he had heard had likely run their course or moved on to other topics at this point, so he looks to spot his companions. Béla seemed to be talking to a mysterious man with a white crow enthusiastically and Alphonse was talking to their host. He took a step forward, keen to go thank their host for his hospitality and inquire about the job further, when he noticed the General stand, place something in Alphonse's hand, and exchange a few quiet words.

Lucas frowned. Perhaps now wouldn't be the right time. He assumed whatever their business, it might not be his. "Now where's Tys...Tess...Tass?" he says to himself quietly, saying her name aloud for the first time. He smiled in satisfaction and sipped at his drink.

Lucas scanned the room a second time, this time for Tass in particular, and finds her talking nervously to someone by the table arrayed with various foods. He approaches them and says, "Tass! By the Gods, there's a lot of people here, eh?" He smiles amiably, and glances over at the other gentleman. "Pleasure to be seen by you, Sir. Enjoying the festivities?" Then a thought occurs to Lucas. "Speaking of...would you be able to tell me what these festivities are for? It seems a bit...uncharacteristic for this sad time."
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-01-22 at 10:57 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Alphonse:

"Ah, well, then. I owe you some thanks already. Perhaps they've caught this mysterious figure by now." Holtti leaves, taking one of the remaining guards with him.

Wuscfrea nods solemnly. "Aye, indeed. He tells me that his hands were badly mutilated as part of some torture back when he was a knight. I forget the circumstances exactly, but it was quite a while ago; Janick may have been doing mercenary work at the time. He can still swing a sword, but he says that small objects require a lot of concentration to hold."

--
    Béla

Daedrim nods. "Non é unha boa alí, de feito. Atopei Kozelysk a ser moi frío para o meu gusto. O mar non debe conxelar, mentres que no auxe do inverno.' He shivers, then continues after a short pause. "Ah, o mozo de feito. Eu son ... moito máis antiga. Vivín a vida tres veces máis, e, a continuación, algúns, e aínda así eu non son considerado vello polo meu pobo."

Although you cannot see his face, Daedrim's entire form seems to scowl with unprecedented vitriol. "Aínda que eu non sei de estudo, aprendín nas miñas viaxes de algunhas destas criaturas. Cousas profanas dos pozos do propio inferno, e os blasfemos, pragas non naturais que son a ondèd- ás veces estes poden cubrir un medo só coa súa presenza, e moitos levan un sabor desagradable co seu paso. A primeira criatura que vén á mente é un espectro, a alma perdida dos esquecidos, pero iso só sería realmente afectar os animais ... Zye-Wouj é forte, pero ía sucumbir ao pánico nun instante, estaban un preto... Petèt li se jis yon Fanm malad."

Show
    There is a good one there, indeed. I found Kozelysk to be far too cold for my tastes. The sea should not freeze, even at the height of winter. Ah, young indeed. I am... much older. I have lived your lifetime thrice over, and then some, and yet I am not considered old by my people.

Although I know not from study, I have learned in my travels of some such creatures. Unholy things from the pits of hell itself, and the blasphemous, unnatural blights that are the unliving - sometimes these can fill one with dread just with their presence, and many carry an unpalatable taste with their passing. The first creature that comes to mind is a wraith, the lost soul of the forgotten, but it would only truly affect animals... Red-Eyes is strong, but he would succumb to panic in an instant, were one near... Perhaps it is just an ill omen.

--
    Tass:

"Ah, well, then! Ye an' Daedrim would get along jus' fine, I bet. He's a wilds'man too, ye know."

John seems to stop and think for a second. "Summon'd, aye? Not by tha' bastard in white o'er there, I hope? He's a dirty man, if'n I e'er saw one. Wonder where 'e's goin'? Trus' me, lassie, 'e's not a man ye wan' angry."

Spoiler: Tass
    Show
    John appears to be wearing some sort of chain armor; most likely a chain shirt. It's very well concealed, though; you don't think you'd be able to notice it from much farther away.

As to his intentions, or the meaning behind his hesitation, you can't quite tell.

--
    Lucas and Tass:

When Lucas walks over, John turns to him and smiles, "Aye, indeed. Can't say I'm much for tha' crowd o' nobs o'er there, but tha' food is rich and tha' drink is good, haha!"

He stops and thinks for a second. "Aye, it is a wee bit off, ain't it? As I un'nerstan', tha' feast is for tha' vict'ry in battle, and tha' greivin' an' mournin' for tha' dead comes after. I dun' get tha' custom o' yon people, but ey; a feast is a feast, and who am I to turn down tha' prince's 'ospitality? Brynne was a good man, and even if 'is son's a bit naive, 'e ain't too bad either."

"Oy, speakin' o' yon prince, where is 'e? I got bus'ness to discuss with 'im after tha' nobs leave, but it ain't polite to not sit down to talk 'afore bus'ness. Do ye see 'im anywhere? Keep yer eyes on 'im; I intend to 'ave a bottle o' mead with 'im 'afore the night's up, haha!"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-22 at 09:57 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #82

"Thank you, Sir Prince. That eases my thoughts. Now if you'll excuse me, I imagine I should gather the rest of my new companions, so we make discuss or job more readily." And with that, Alphonse shall stand up and go off to find the party. He'll stumble upon Tass and Lucas first, greeting them with a polite bow "Hello, Pere Lucas, Lady Tass, and friend" he gestures towards the large man in silk robes. "I've found our Prince. We need only collect Sir Bela."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Laucesian
    Show
    Aye, and here I was thinking how it is too warm in this hall. Tell me, do you know if they serve ice water around here? Well, that does not matter much. Do you know what the best way to combat a demon were if one was attacked? They did not cover that at the Academy.

"Si, e aquí eu estaba a pensar como é moi quente nesta sala. Dime, vostede sabe se eles serven auga xeada por aquí? He casts a quick glance around. Ben, iso non importa moito. Vostede sabe cal é o mellor xeito de loitar contra un demo foron foise xunto? Eles non cubrir iso na Academia."

Spoiler: Spot Check
    Show
    (1d20+1)[2]
    For any sign of ice water.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2014-01-22 at 02:33 PM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Tass nods and looks off towards Daedrim's table, wondering what's even going on up there. She's then just about to ask what John has against the general when Lucas enters the conversation, and she hastens to answer his question.

Ehh, yes.

Tass looks around herself and becomes suddenly self-aware again. As Lucas steals her conversation partner, she starts to feel lonely, and begins to edge out of the conversation, only to once again be interrupted, now by Alphonse. Not quite sure on whether to be happy or conflicted about being dragged into something again, she follows his steps in silence.

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Béla:

"Eu non sei, pero o príncipe probablemente terá algún. Tamén pode pedir aos seus chefs, eles saberían con certeza. Será máis fácil de atopar, este ao final do ano, aínda que non é unha cousa para establecer nunha sala como esta."

Daedrim shakes his head. "Eu non son ningún demo cazador, Béla; meu dominio do coñecemento atópase en primeiro lugar no mundo natural, e calquera cousa ademais é só unha cuestión de miñas experiencias. Eu teño visto un único demo na miña vida, e foi pronto derrotado por violencia física. Aconsellamos armas sagradas e auga bendita, aínda que o consello non é meu, nin xamais tivo necesidade de poñelas para usar. Teña isto como sexa."

Show
    I know not, but the prince will likely have some. You could also ask his chefs; they would know for sure. It will be easier to come by, this late in the year, but it is not a thing to set out in a hall like this.

I am no demon-hunter, Béla; my realm of knowledge lies first and foremost in the natural world, and anything beyond that is only a matter of my experiences. I have seen a single demon in my lifetime, and it was readily defeated by physical violence. I would advise holy weapons and holy water, although that advice is not my own, nor have I ever had need to put it to use. Take that as you will.

Spoiler: Bela
    Show
    You don't see any ice water.

--
    OOC: Time for some listen checks.

Spoiler: Result of 15 or higher
    Show
    You hear a soft, or perhaps distant thump, but you can't tell from where.

Spoiler: Result of 20 or higher
    Show
    You hear a soft, dampened thump, like something heavy being dropped on the ground, but you can't tell from where. You also hear the sound of a few doors shaking quietly.

Spoiler: Result of 30 or higher
    Show
    You hear a soft, dampened thump, like something heavy being dropped on the ground through a few walls. You also hear the sound of a few doors shaking quietly. The sound seems to have come from the south. (by the side where Tass pointed out the statue, to the left of where you entered, and also in the direction that Holtti went to get the musicians).
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Lauceusian
    Show
    I do not see any, unfortunately. I may ask around later. In the meantime, do you know what this is? It tastes glorious.

Eu non vexo ningunha, por desgraza. Podo preguntar por aí máis tarde. Nese medio tempo, xa sabe o que é iso? He indicates a pile of greenish moosh on the right side of his plate O gusto é glorioso.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Tass suddenly freezes and listens, turning her eyes toward the southern end of the room.

Something's going on. Over there. Or...

Tass points where she was looking at, but starts at the same time moving toward the enterance.

I must check outside.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Seeing Tass point in the direction Holtti went, he'll say to the tall man in white robes "I'm sorry, but it appears we might have a problem. I'll be sure to come back and introduce you to the Prince afterwards, especially if you could help us, because I suspect assassins."

He'll then run off past Tass, towards the sounds she pointed out.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Lucas frowns seriously, and places the mugs he was holding down on the table. Something was definitely going on, and it would seem that he could stop denying his curiousity. Before running after the other two, he turns to Béla and shouts out to him loudly to get his attention. "BELA!"

Once his attention has been properly achieved, Lucas puts on a grim face, and begins to urgently motion with his hands in a sort of beckon, suddenly aware of the startled or scornful eyes of the guests around him. In another situation, he'd be embarrassed. He says quietly to the man in white robes, "Sounds like there's some trouble. Don't know if you heard it, but the other two sure did. Wouldn't mind the extra pair of eyes, ears and hands."
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-01-23 at 08:02 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Béla:

"Isto é unha salsa de tipo feitos de aguacates. Nós normalmente usalo como unha cobertura ou mergullo, en realidade. El é chamado-"

Daedrim's head suddenly snaps around, and he immediately falls silent. Without turning back to you, he says, "I hate to cut our conversation short, but I need to leave." He stands up, revealing a longbow that was hidden under his cloak. He takes it and walks quickly over the the man in silk robes. The albino raven follows, landing on his shoulder every time he stops moving.

Show
    "That is a sauce of sorts made from avocados. We normally use it as a topping or dip, actually. It is called-"

--
    Lucas:

John seems about to respond, when the hooded figure that was sitting with Béla suddenly walks over, longbow in hand. He says, "We need to leave. It is not safe here. Come quickly, and I will be your eyes."

John looks at you somewhat sadly, and says, "I can't stay, 's'much's I'd like to. P'ra'ps we'll meet agin', good man." The two of them walk quickly outside, stopping only to take a torch from one of the walls.

--
    Outside:

When you get outside, you see the bodies of four guards on the ground. Scattered amongst them are several hundred spiders - most of them dead. Additionally, all of the torches on this side of the building have been put out, save for one by the entrance.

John and Daedrim soon come out of the door. John, torch in hand, reaches down and takes a longsword from one of the guards, then turns to Tass. "I wish ye tha' bes' o' luck, lassie. Ye may need it." He then gives Alphonse a small bow. "Ye too. May Vermiculus bless ye tonight."

Daedrim looks at Tass, then nods slowly. He hands you a small circlet of woven vines, and says in a language you have not heard since you left your homeland, "Հարավային խորհուրդը ողջ անձնակազմը ողջունում է ընկերակից աշակերտ երկրի. Խաղաղություն լինի ձեզ հետ." He and John then leave, running off back to the city.

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    "The Southern Council extends its greetings to a fellow disciple of Torethen. Peace be with you."
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-23 at 10:48 AM.
    A few odds and ends.