New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: RWBY III: These kids just keep getting weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    It doesn't?

What is a "previz shooting board" if not a "graphic organizer in the form of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of pre-visualizing etc."? Does it stop being a storyboard if the things being organized are the equivalents of .gifs rather than the equivalents of .jpegs?
    His wording was ambiguous, and I made room for that in my reply (seriously, this possibility is exactly what "Unless he's specifically creating a a board for each scene in sequence (which he may be)" means. But, to me, it sounds more like he was simply framing the shot virtually, rather than creating a scene my scene storyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Spoiler: V2,C1
    Show
    5) Yes, the hammer had momentum. That would have made it hard for Nora to counter an attack from the side (or the back; Ruby is fast enough to do that.) while swinging it at someone. Also, if Wiess can dodge a girl being thrown at her from less than a foot away, she can avoid that shockwave enough to avoid meaningful harm.
    Spoiler: Volume 2, Chapter 1
    Show
    I direct you to the two other times Nora connected, in each, she sent the person flying. No counter attack, not from the side, not from the back, was going to stop that swing.

Basic physics. The shockwave travelled out in an arc, Ruby was closer than Weiss when it started, Ruby was also larger than the shockwave source, the "shadow" she cast on the shockwave increased in size behind her, Weiss was afforded a larger area of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Btw, when's it safe to stop spoilering episodes? This is getting a bit annoying.
    One week. Essentially, when the next episode comes out in most cases.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrc. View Post
    For those of you who know what to look for, there are lots of RT references. See if you can find them all! I'm going to go soon, it's almost 1 am here and I need some sleep, but I'd at least like to see what you guys thought.
    Were there? The only one I noticed was in the first episode ("I think he was some kind of cat", "What, like a puma?")

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    These characters are definitely growing on me.

Now is it just me or is Neptune completely a "prep" (to use a clique term)
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 2-2
    Show
    You know, for once I'd like to see a writing team make a fictional board game that actually makes a lick of goddamn sense.

Geezus, this episode was pretty terrible. Like, along the lines of the lowest parts of Volume 1. Which is quite astonishing since the episode started out on a very impressive note. Ironwood is actually savvy enough to realize that someone's going to attack the Triwizard Tournament, and proceeds to actually do something about it. I liked how both Ozpin and Ironwood had valid stances on that matter. Ironwood's completely justified in heightening security in preparation for a terrorist attack, but as Ozpin points out, flying airships and thousands of troops into foreign lands uninvited isn't something that can just be ignored. I wonder, though, why Ironwood is considered a general and Ozpin isn't; what's the latter's role, exactly? He appears to still have significant political authority despite his lack of additional title.

As an aside note, the alleged heightened border patrol may retroactively provide a justification as to why Sun had to sneak across Vale to get to the tournament, as he could possibly be denied at the checkpoint for having a criminal record. Although that overall plotline still feels sloppy and there are other questions that arise from that explanation.

The rest of the episode was just awful. From the nonsensical D&Diplomacy-Oh game that took up too much time, and the return of the wacky anime facefaults that suck the drama out of serious scenes, this was just a mess. Blake's personal character arc in this episode was just all over the place. She angsts about not being ready to take on the villains and then does an immediate about-face when Ruby and Yang say "Let's do it anyway!" She complains the inevitability of a surprise White Fang attack, and then doesn't bother telling the people in charge the information they could use to do something about it. The latter is at least somewhat justified since Ozpin used what has to be the worst possible method of getting information from her. When you're trying to convince your young student to give out details that would really help you, but involve highly-personal details, you don't go into full interrogation mode and passive-aggressively insinuate that they're hiding something. I mean, he's all but stated that he did his homework and knows Blake's a WF member already. So instead of going "What are you hiding, Blake? Tell me!", he should have said something along the lines of "I know what your past is, and I don't care and I won't tell. Just help me help everyone by sharing what you know." He needed a calmer, more rational approach, that would assure Blake that there would be no consequences for revealing she was a former terrorist. You know, handle it tactfully. Like he said in the beginning of the episode.

Weiss continues to be a total bitch. Yes, good job telling your friends' close personal secrets to everyone you meet, especially when your friend would get persecuted for those secrets.

Mercury and Emerald could feasibly infiltrate Beacon, depending on how anonymous they were. But Cinder also posing as a student stretches credibility way too much. She looks much too old to be a teenager, although I swear they shrunk her model for this episode just so it would be less incredulous that she was a student. It's also likely that Ozpin and co. know who Cinder is already, or can at least identify her given enough time.
    Last edited by Gespenst Ritter; 2014-07-31 at 08:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: V2E2
    Show
    "You just activated my trap card!"

Yep. They went there.

Also, Weiss has been hanging around Ruby too much. XD
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2014-07-31 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446

Please label your spoilers.

Spoiler: Volume 2, Chapter 2
    Show
    Did no one else notice this? Yang's trailer is now CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Show
    Cinder, the apparent Big Bad, being a schoolgirl was... disappointing.
    Show
    Honestly, I don't think she was a schoolgirl.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Please label your spoilers.

Show
    Did no one else notice this? Yang's trailer is now CANON.
    Show
    That's not new information. It's in the Season 1 playlist and I'm pretty sure at some point they outright said all of the trailers happened except possibly Ruby's.

The actual new information is the fact that Yang apparently told everyone this story.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Gespenst Ritter View Post
    Show
    That's not new information. It's in the Season 1 playlist and I'm pretty sure at some point they outright said all of the trailers happened except possibly Ruby's.

The actual new information is the fact that Yang apparently told everyone this story.
    Show
    It's the first time the trailer has been directly referenced in the main storyline, even Blake's trailer hasn't been directly confirmed in the main storyline. Prior to that, we only had "Word of God" (and does anyone have a link to that?) to go on.

Now, not even LaZodiac can argue that it's not canon.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: 2-2
    Show
    She did? I don't think I caught what you guys are referring to in the episode.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawkflight: May I ask why you've posted twice in a row within a span of 8 minutes rather than editing your post?
    Because I was posting as I was watching the episode, thus not paying attention to the thread and assuming that there would be more rapid posting considering the new episode just came out. ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    It's the first time the trailer has been directly referenced in the main storyline, even Blake's trailer hasn't been directly confirmed in the main storyline. Prior to that, we only had "Word of God" (and does anyone have a link to that?) to go on.
    Show
    Blake's trailer was confirmed a while back when Weiss mentions the hijacked train and Blake's eyes start shifting to the side.

Sure would be nice to know what Yang was looking for in that club. I get the feeling that integrating the events of the trailer into the main story is going to be a lot more difficult than Blake's. Especially since the very first instance of that integration was "Hey, remember when that thing happened?" So far it seems largely isolated from the rest of the plot, only being connected by Torchwick's cameo.
    Last edited by Gespenst Ritter; 2014-07-31 at 09:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    Show
    She did? I don't think I caught what you guys are referring to in the episode.
    Show
    Weiss: Ok, between blowing up nightclubs, stopping thieves, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the three of you think you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells.

Show
    1) I wonder, though, why Ironwood is considered a general and Ozpin isn't; what's the latter's role, exactly? He appears to still have significant political authority despite his lack of additional title.

2) Blake's personal character arc in this episode was just all over the place. She angsts about not being ready to take on the villains and then does an immediate about-face when Ruby and Yang say "Let's do it anyway!"

3) She complains the inevitability of a surprise White Fang attack, and then doesn't bother telling the people in charge the information they could use to do something about it.

4) The latter is at least somewhat justified since Ozpin used what has to be the worst possible method of getting information from her. When you're trying to convince your young student to give out details that would really help you, but involve highly-personal details, you don't go into full interrogation mode and passive-aggressively insinuate that they're hiding something. I mean, he's all but stated that he did his homework and knows Blake's a WF member already. So instead of going "What are you hiding, Blake? Tell me!", he should have said something along the lines of "I know what your past is, and I don't care and I won't tell. Just help me help everyone by sharing what you know." He needed a calmer, more rational approach, that would assure Blake that there would be no consequences for revealing she was a former terrorist. You know, handle it tactfully. Like he said in the beginning of the episode.
    Show
    1) Different nations, different political structures. Also, even their nation might have a similar academy. Ozpin specifically mentions that Ironwood runs a military academy.

2) No, she doesn't do an about face here. Blake was always about taking action immediately, even if they are not "ready".

3) She doesn't know who she can trust yet, especially not those in authority.

4) The latter is exactly what he did. He's dropped hints about what he knows, without revealing too much, and planted the seed of trust while leaving the door open. If he'd said that he knew of her White Fang involvement (which he likely doesn't, just heavily suspects), it would be an accusation which would place her on the defensive.

Show
    Blake's trailer was confirmed a while back when Weiss mentions the hijacked train and Blake's eyes start shifting to the side.

Sure would be nice to know what Yang was looking for in that club. I get the feeling that integrating the events of the trailer into the main story is going to be a lot more difficult than Blake's. Especially since the very first instance of that integration was "Hey, remember when that thing happened?" So far it seems largely isolated from the rest of the plot, only being connected by Torchwick's cameo.
    Show
    Like I said, not directly confirmed. There is an implied connection, but no outright statement within the storyline.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Ah, I see. I didn't really pay attention to that line.

I do have to admit that I kinda like some of the cheesier, less serious scenes. Shows that they have multiple aspects to their personalities, rather than being just vessels for angst or climactic fight scenes. Some of the lines can come off as wince-worthy, though.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Show
    1) Different nations, different political structures. Also, even their nation might have a similar academy. Ozpin specifically mentions that Ironwood runs a military academy.
    Spoiler: 2,2
    Show
    I need to rewatch - I didn't even manage to catch Ironwood's name (and does anyone know what color that's supposed to be?) - but it sounded to me like Ozpin said Ironwood ran an academy and a military. Which sure sounds like a lot of responsibility to me, especially if it isn't specifically a military academy.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh man all these posts I can't read. I'll get to watching the episode tomorrow. Guardians was fantastic by the way.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Spoiler: 2,2
    Show
    I need to rewatch - I didn't even manage to catch Ironwood's name (and does anyone know what color that's supposed to be?) - but it sounded to me like Ozpin said Ironwood ran an academy and a military. Which sure sounds like a lot of responsibility to me, especially if it isn't specifically a military academy.
    Show
    Hmm, I was pretty sure that Ozpin said that he was "running an academy in a military", but now I'm not so certain.

The RWBY wikia currently has it listed as a military academy, so I'm not the only one.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Volume 2 Episode 2
    Show
    So, we got some building on the characterization and development form volume 1, furthering the trends in the direction that volume 1's groundwork laid. There not perfect, but Wiess clearly is committed to her team mates and absolutely cares about them and there well being, Yang is still cocky and fun loving, RWBY is working hard at being a good leader and being supportive of her team. Blake is angsty about the things the White Fang might well do if there not reined in NOW, and at the same time is rather hurt at the prospect of having to be the one who reins them in.

Neptune is setting up to be fun, Ren and Norra got a couple of good lines.

Juane and Phyrra being comic book fans was a neat touch, as was the whole Duel-Risk-The-Gathering game they were playing. Hell, I was half expecting Weiss to start declaring that what was best in life was to drive her enemy's before her and hear the lamination's of there women, which would have been awesome! Also, I'm calling it now, Yang has Super Saiyan as a reference in her theme song, and was the one who kept making the trap card reference. Yang Shou Long is an Otaku.

And the raised security, if we go on the fact that we know Fanus are widely discriminated against and that the white fang are a fanus terrorist organization, and go with the logical 1+1 that is the raised security is going after white fang members, adds up to a very convincing reason why Sun came in as he did. He didn't think he'd get past the security, or if he did, not with out incident, because he's a fanus and one with a criminal record to boot.

Yangs trailer was already Canon when they showed the opening for volume 2, which in the bad guys group shot has Jr. and the two chicks she beat up in the night club.

Ozpin and Ironwood both came out of this looking generally competent, just having different go to approaches to a given situation. And I liked Ozpin's bit were his answer to "Can they win a War?" is "I hope they never have to." It actually implies that he's at a point were he doesn't see fighting as the preferred first choice to fixing a problem. That if he can reasonably avoid bloodshet he'd much rather do so. It's a good touch for him.

Also, I though he handled the bit with Blake rather well, he's trying to get her to talk, he's trying to let on that there's nothing she can say that he hasn't already pieced together as far as things that she might find damning of herself, and that if she opens up to him he can help her.

Oh the whole, this episode was wonderful, though I too question Cinder managing to pose as a student. But that's probably why she was in shadow in ep 1 and has been operating through torchwick. Further, it might be she's posing as an instructor or something, but otherwise, it's a problem, but a minor one.
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #1458

Show
    Nice that the episode clearly shows that Jaune does have a very tactical mind, defeating the entire RWY cast.

Though, the flashback sequence with Blake does raise the question, how did Jaune manage to become the youngest child to sneak his way into Beacon? Did he somehow manage to tactical himself through the entrance exam?

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Spoiler: Volume 2 Episode 2
    Show
    Yangs trailer was already Canon when they showed the opening for volume 2, which in the bad guys group shot has Jr. and the two chicks she beat up in the night club.
    Show
    Nah, that just means that the people seen in that trailer exist, not that the trailer happened.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

I noticed it before, but the airships in Remnant look like the turians' ships in Mass Effect.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, thats, interesting. Omage maybe?
    "I Burn!"

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Though, the flashback sequence with Blake does raise the question, how did Jaune manage to become the youngest child to sneak his way into Beacon? Did he somehow manage to tactical himself through the entrance exam?
    I'm pretty sure this refers to season 1, episodes 5-8 or so.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    I'm pretty sure this refers to season 1, episodes 5-8 or so.
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: v2e2
    Show
    I didn't think it was Jaune who beat the girls, they did say something about the new guy which made me think of Neptune. Also X-ray and Vav! I do seriously doubt the ability of Cinder to pass as a school girl, but I think this is where we let the plot take precedence because there's been so little of it so far we might as well make the most of what we have.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Volume 2: Episode 2: Attack of the Pennys
    Show

So it's official. I finally have a character I find extra awesome in Neptune. He's got this Legally Blonde Harvard preppy image: "Nah guys, I'm only here to look cool before I get into law school. I wanna do cocktail parties and state dinners when I'm the Secretary of Something Important, but for now I'm here to chill, you know. Hey, want to go sailing on my yacht this weekend?"

Ironic considering IRL I'm pretty close to Sun in personality, just less.. blase and slightly more restrained about everything. Still #nofilter. Just as excited "oh and there were puppies and they were like really cool and then this huge big puppy that may or may not have been a dog appeared and it was like totally awesome and doing karate moves and everything and I hope you're really cool when you meet my other friends cause I told them you're really cool and it wouldn't be as cool if you weren't cool, you know?"

Dumbledore Ozpin having a philosophical argument with (good-ish?) Grindelwald Ironwood over diplomacy. McGonagall Goodwitch and Grindelwald Ironwood have some kind of history. Dumbledore Ozpin trying to find out what Hermione Blake knows about the situation. Meanwhile Harry Potter Ruby Rose decides the adults aren't doing anything and gets Dumbledore's Ozpin's Army Team RWBY to save the day. Also, hot exchange students are here for the Triwizard Vale Tournament. Harry Potter Ruby Rose is probably too young to enter but will do so anyway. Draco Malfoy Weiss Schnee makes plans to take over the world and rues the day she was sorted into Gryffindor Team RWBY.

Tune in next week to see plucky sidekick Ron Weasly Yang Xiao Long raise hell over mistreatment of muggles Faunus in Diagon Alley a nightclub and get into a heated argument blow sh*t up. On purpose, unlike Ron.
    Last edited by Don Julio Anejo; 2014-08-01 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

And it seems I am indeed the only person that doesn't like Neptune. The guy's done nothing to be worthy of my liking. One doesn't get liked by how they look.

Also, metahuman, Yang isn't an otaku as much as we all are, which basically puts it in the "you keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means" area.

Otaku is someone who unhealthy devotes himself/herself to a single thing to the point of just ruining whatever social life the person had, with the whole manga/anime/light novel/whatever scene being the biggest one, and even then I highly doubt any Japanese is gonna call a Western person an Otaku.

But yeah, Yang seems to be very geeky, at least.

And by the way, the incorrect use of the word Otaku pisses me off because people who usually say they're Otakus also say they're fans of Japanese culture - AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THE LEGENDS.

I have a problem.
    Last edited by GPuzzle; 2014-08-01 at 04:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by Mrc. View Post
    Spoiler: v2e2
    Show
    I didn't think it was Jaune who beat the girls, they did say something about the new guy which made me think of Neptune. Also X-ray and Vav! I do seriously doubt the ability of Cinder to pass as a school girl, but I think this is where we let the plot take precedence because there's been so little of it so far we might as well make the most of what we have.
    Show
    True, it could have been Neptune, or Sun, even. But Jaune is the one who expressed a desire to play and still qualifies as new, given that he hadn't played before. I guess we're never going to know for certain.

---

There's not a lot of votes, and no suggestions from the new episode, and all of them are pretty close. So, I'm going to ask now if there is anyone who objects to an executive decision of "I love these guys" for the subtitle.

27. - Top - End - #1467

ElfWarriorGuy

Spoiler: Volume 2 Chapter 2
    Show
    The Ozpin and Ironwood scene was great, just adults talking it out and setting the scene for their philosophies on the matter at hand.

Hunters & Grim:The Gathering was hilarious, I was a little let down by Weiss not knowing how to play though, Ruby and Yang fighting like that was hilarious though. Phyrra is babysitting Jaune (taking away his comic book like that), which, as his "mentor" it's more or less her job to keep him on track, but it seems to go against his whole arc (get it?) last volume.

I really hope that Jaune was the "new guy" they were talking about, but I feel like they would have known him long enough to just call him jaune, even if he was the new one to start playing.

The whole "let's go stop a crime syndicate" could have ben done better, it wasn't that bad, but there was room for improvement in the way that scene progressed.

Cinder is at Beacon... CINDER GOT INTO BEACON?! How on earth does Ozpin let this happen? Unless the "queen" Crow was talking about is someone else entirely, and he has no time to keep an eye on her.

My vote for next thread title is "Not Sure if Proud or Horrified"
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

28. - Top - End - #1468

Show
    Not sure why people keep saying that Cinder (and/or "criminal masterminds") got into Beacon/passed the Beacon entrance exam. It was clear that she was posing as an exchange student.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Volume 2 Chapter 2
    Show
    It seems most likely to me that Cinder and co. aren't actually students, they just have uniforms. What with all the other exchange students joining, that's a good cover for them to wander the place and keep an eye on things, so long as they avoid directly meeting with any of the teachers in general and Goodwitch in particular.

Ruby squinted a bit, which suggests she finds Cinder familiar, even if that was a term ago with her face obscured by shadows. Glinda probably has a better idea of what to look for.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

30. - Top - End - #1470

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Season 2 Episode 2
    Show
    About Neptune I so far have no real opinion on the guy ; he did nothing to make me like him, he did nothing to piss me off... So, still waiting (he did, however, set up Ren for what I felt was the greatest line of this episode)

All in all, I thought it was a relatively fun episode. Not entirely sold on Blake in that one, though, it seemed like a step backward.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur