New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: RWBY III: These kids just keep getting weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
    The only thing is why mix a bow and a gun? They are both ranged weapons. The mixtures so far have always been between ranged and melee.
    Pyrrha switches between a thrown weapon and a rifle.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

which technically can be used perfectly well in melee, after all, why throw away a good rifle?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

You can't pin someone to a tree with a bullet.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    You can't pin someone to a tree with a bullet.
    bah, if you can't invent a bullet that can turn into an arrow in a universe of Aura, super-kung fu, magic spells, cat girls and android/cyborgs, your not trying hard enough.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
    As for the chick with glasses? I'm hoping for SMG/hand axe or shortsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    I'm hoping that the chick with glasses gets a mix between a shortbow and an SMG. I mean, Monty can come up with something like that.
    Uh, she's obviously wearing a beret, which means exactly one thing: badass sniper.

Never mind, upon looking at her silhouette again, you can see what's clearly an assault rifle below her right elbow.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Uh, she's obviously wearing a beret, which means exactly one thing: badass sniper.

Never mind, upon looking at her silhouette again, you can see what's clearly an assault rifle below her right elbow.
    It could still have multiple forms. Just like pretty much every other weapon...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It could still have multiple forms. Just like pretty much every other weapon...
    Actually, there's this boxy-looking bit below the railing that I figured was part of her outfit but could be part of the gun. Which would make it an LMG, and I just remembered that berets can mean "sniper" or "machine-gunner."

[Already being my new favorite character intensifies]
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-04-10 at 04:48 AM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Beret+Assault Rifle?

Why does she remember me of Bill from Left 4 Dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    bah, if you can't invent a bullet that can turn into an arrow in a universe of Aura, super-kung fu, magic spells, cat girls and android/cyborgs, your not trying hard enough.
    Seconded. And besides, Wiess, Blake and Sun have all demonstrated weaponry that has more then 2 forms, who's to say one or two more characters can't run with that?
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Seconded. And besides, Wiess, Blake and Sun have all demonstrated weaponry that has more then 2 forms, who's to say one or two more characters can't run with that?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Sun. Sun Wukong. Monkey King Funes guy with Gun-chuck-Bo-Trisectional Staff-Shotgun. The one Blake might or might not be crushing on and Wiess initially doesn't like but goes Neutral too by the end of Volume 1's last ep. You know the guy.
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #402
    Halfling in the Playground

When did Sun use a 3rd staff form? I remember the complete staff and shotgun-chucks, but I don't recall a third.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Bugbear in the Playground

... ... Yeah, I don't see how any of the three has a more-than-two-form weapon. Myrtenaster specifically doesn't transform, any more than a real-world revolver does; Gambol Shroud includes two pieces but neither of those pieces has more than two forms and the combination isn't any different from one of the pieces; and if the collapsible staff shotgun-chucks counts as having three forms then Crescent Rose would far earlier. Care to clarify your thought process?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

I could swear when Sun and Torchwick were rapid fire trading blows I could see him swap it to a tri-sectional staff form breifly once or twice before shifting back to nun-chucks, though I conceed I may be in error on that point.

Blakes weapon is a Kusari-gama that is also a Pistol that is Also duel Swords.

And Wiess's weapon doesn't transform, but she's evidently got mutiple different munitions in there with the ability to manually shift which one she's using on the fly.
    "I Burn!"

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Blakes weapon is a Kusari-gama that is also a Pistol that is Also duel Swords.
    Kusari-gama form is the same as pistol form, though.
    And Wiess's weapon doesn't transform, but she's evidently got mutiple different munitions in there with the ability to manually shift which one she's using on the fly.
    Doesn't count.

So yeah none of them actually have three forms. Pyrrha's does, and Ruby's might count because of extra-compact form, but the examples you listed don't.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

16. - Top - End - #406

Ruby's definitely has four forms, counting storage.

Storage
    Gun
    Scythe
    Crescent blade

Watch the Red trailer to see all of these four.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

For some reason, glasses gal is reminding me of Amane Suzuha from Steins;Gate...
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Took yet another look at the silhouette. Clicked to the full size image this time. Additional observations:

1. The boxy-looking part on Beret-Girl is definitely part of her weapon.

2. You can see one leg of a bipod coming off of it.

Conclusion: It's a machine gun alright.

EDIT: Also, is there some petition somewhere I can sign for the Big Guy to in fact be a blatant Roy Greenhilt expy?
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-04-17 at 01:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh dear Lord, there's Roy Greenhilt, Velvet, and Bill from Left4Dead R63'ed in the same team.

What could possibly go right?
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gpuzzle View Post
    oh dear lord, there's roy greenhilt, velvet, and bill from left4dead r63'ed in the same team.

What could possibly go right?
    EVERYTHING, that's what.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-04-17 at 07:35 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Caught a glimpse of the new trailer! Sun and Velvet each get their teams shown; new intro music; Ruby fights Cinder!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mrc. View Post
    Caught a glimpse of the new trailer! Sun and Velvet each get their teams shown; new intro music; Ruby fights Cinder!
    Where? We must see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Where? We must see.
    Saw it on a friends laptop, seeing if I can get a link now. Wasn't released via the website but instead shown at something like SXSW.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe it was actually revealed at PAX East.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415

Here we go! This got taken down from YouTube and is a link to someones Tumblr. Whilst I do not advocate stealing this, a direct quote from Monty follows the link. Apologies for the quality, it has clearly been filmed via phone. Thoughts?

http://thixotropic-coffee.tumblr.com...ax-east-at-the

"Hello all! Those of you who came to see us here at the roosterteeth panel at pax got to have a glimpse at some upcoming vids. One of which included the new intro for RWBY volume 2.

It's always been an honor to bust my ass on a project to be able show it to a select group of a few thousand at a live venue and is something I'll always be excited for.

It also is something we always wonder about whether or not people will cam it and post it online. And to varying degree we wonder how much should we worry about it. Whether or not it compromises the project, be it for the fact it's not video of the best quality, or that it puts information out there that we wouldn't want broadcasted to those who would wait for the official product.

I will say after so many live shows, we have dealt with this on a case by case basis. But we always say to ourselves that if that particular group or user is excited enough to want to see it regardless of quality. That's really a good problem for us to have. Because if people are talking about what you've made, then you've succeeded.

In the case of this intro especially, the nature of it has clues and tidbits. As well as perhaps some reveals yes. But not anything that compromises the quality of the actual show when it finally comes to air.

So honestly if you are excited enough to watch a cam vid of today's showing by all means watch at you're leisure, share with caution and respect for others, but most of all please don't feel guilty about it. This far in we always go into something like this fully aware of the risks. But in the end it's always worth it."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, everyone, remember those two chicks yang wasted in her trailer? There in Cinders Villains Lineup in the trailer!

And was that Juane fighting competently?!!
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Music-wise, meh. I'm not a big fan of RWBY soundtrack (with the exception of Blake's theme), but boy, this was one of the worst so far IMHO.
    The animation is clunky, but what the heck, it's RWBY, that was going to happen.
    Whoa, Cinder? That's pretty cool, but if she ends up being this weird mix of Cinderella and the Wicked Witch, I hope that Monty has seen Wicked before. Also, the scene of them falling. That is so weird in so many levels. The scene where it switches between Blake, Ruby, Weiss and Yang fighting is pretty cool, though. Also, I liked the nice touch with the inversion of Phyrra and Jaune. I think Phyrra is one of my favorite characters just because she'd be playing support if this was a game - she's not the one getting the flashy kills, she's making everyone around her better. That somewhat reminds me of how I play several games (I main Medic in TF2).

28. - Top - End - #418

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

29. - Top - End - #419

I'll have some of what they were smoking. Seems good. Rawhide, what do you think of the new intro?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I noticed team VLVT and WKNG at 0:29. AND, at :30, a shot of Penny with armored guys in a lineup. Probably not Schnee, but they definitely have a white motif, with some exceptions (two otherwise identical red/blue soldiers). NEW FACTION! Maybe! I think.
    Last edited by Ninjaxenomorph; 2014-04-29 at 01:04 PM.