New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY III: These kids just keep getting weirder.

"Descends" in the context of ancestry can go either way, depending.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

It could be related to the faunus origin, or it could just refer to Blake's ninjaness. Could be both, too. In any case, could is the operative word. We have no proof of any theory regarding the origin of the faunus.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2014-01-20 at 05:47 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

We have evidence of supernatural (godly or magically by some being) creation: "Man, born from dust..."
    Though it could just be figurative, we can't discount the possibility it was literal.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I understand somewhat that you don't think there's a big enough difference, but my running epileptic tree regarding Faunus origins is that they were born from interbreeding between humans and Grimm. The grimm probably have a very dominant magical genetics that means that Faunus+Human = Faunus. And the Faunus look so human because they -have souls- which could be defined as a human trait, and their form functions having a soul.

Early on, they were treated like "half demon" children and they responded in kind, and those that weren't just killed outright were outcasts of society, forced into being thieves and vagabonds. It's slowly gotten better, and once they had a sizable population, humanity (mostly) stopped trying to render them extinct. Now they're at peace, but there's still tensions.
    It sounds like a cool idea it's just I have two problems with it..well three.

I'm going to be directed at this first one.so the soul is animals monsters had sex with humans or they raped them but well if they do have some grimm in them from something different and don't truly know the truth of grim and will probably going to be a talk about the truth of grimms later but they as so far we have seen are smart as animals and no smart ones..yet.

The problem with lots of these debates is that we really don't know a lot right now but we know there was a bloody war not too long ago and the facted they talked about organized war supports that they where part of there own kingdom or they where like American Indians living by them selfs before the white terror came and took them ever. Or they just where part of there own kingdom before starting to life with humans after a bunch of head canon WE JUST DONT KNOW.

Ok make this clear and I'm not insulting you but in the not to distance past like 60 years people where vary VARY racist lot of ugly racist people where they just where so my point is that people don't need to be half devils to be unfairly hated for no good reason.
    If it sounds like I'm trolling I'm really not.

I'm not the smartest thing ever[even know I can seem like it] so I'm going to be wrong some times so just call me out on it.[i swear I'm not trolling]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Findpathfencer View Post
    Ok make this clear and I'm not insulting you but in the not to distance past like 60 years people where vary VARY racist lot of ugly racist people where they just where so my point is that people don't need to be half devils to be unfairly hated for no good reason.
    Humans are factionalized douchebags who take a great deal of joy, en masse, in finding things to hate and blame. It sucks.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Humans are factionalized douchebags who take a great deal of joy, en masse, in finding things to hate and blame. It sucks.
    Ya blaming people is easier then taking the blame and understanding things.
    Conflicted is one of the biggest things we all live for and many seek it out instead of seeking inner peach..and inner peach is a lot of things.
    Life is complicated and fighting is so much easier to understand. And that's why I live combat the fool who dare to test his blades against mine will regret that day.

I think we are starting to get off topic so...what the hell is with those combat skirts I don't even think those are real combat skirts
    If it sounds like I'm trolling I'm really not.

I'm not the smartest thing ever[even know I can seem like it] so I'm going to be wrong some times so just call me out on it.[i swear I'm not trolling]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Findpathfencer - you just made my day with inner peach. I just wanted to chime in and say so. Thank you very much.

Also, I must say I'm surprised how much I like RWBY up until now. I only yesterday say all the parts one after the other because it came up in an unrelated thread on this very forums.
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

My standard responce to questions about what the Furry fandom REALLY is, is a link to the XKCD Crazy Straws comic. Furry/brony; catgirls, anthros and ferals; Writers, artists and costumers... there is no bottom to the fractal.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-01-21 at 03:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    My standard responce to questions about what the Furry fandom REALLY is, is a link to the XKCD Crazy Straws comic. Furry/brony; catgirls, anthros and ferals; Writers, artists and costumers... there is no bottom to the fractal.
    This is safe for work, right, before I click it?
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

...yes. It's XKCD, all you're getting is stick figures talking about crazy straws.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, it's safe for work.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, that isn't always true of XKCD. But I digress.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Of course, that isn't always true of XKCD. But I digress.
    Is it normal that I knew exactly which strip that link was going to go to?
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-01-21 at 04:37 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Is it normal that I knew exactly which strip that link was going to go to?
    yes, but I'll admit Iwas expecting a different NSFW xkcd.
    Long-form Sig

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Since I'm so fast at responding, Jaune Junior, Senior is Senor Senior, Senior's wife. Senor Senior, Junior is Jaune's brother. And so the conspiracy continues...
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show

By Akrim.elf

By Balmas

Greatest nonsensical poem ever= Lewis Carroll: Jabberwocky

Officially WoodzyOwl, the Owlwoodsiest Owl of the Owlwood Woods, Keeper of the Wooden Owlwood Owl

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

So,

Who's taking odds that at some point either this season or next Juans family will come to collect him having finally figured out where he is, only to have that be the point were Ozpin is informed that he snuck it.

And then Ozpin just stands there, takes a pull form his Coffee Cup, looks at his watch for a few seconds, looks at a calender, looks back at them and says "Mr. Arc is on Scholar ship and as of five seconds ago turned 18, making him a legal adult and entirely legally capable of choosing to remain her weather you like it or not. And of course he snuck in, given the fact he had the nerve to do it and the skills to do it and not get caught by anyone on my staff other then me, I opted to let him and see were that went, and I'd say he's thriving more here then he ever did in your care. Good day."
    "I Burn!"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    So,

Who's taking odds that at some point either this season or next Juans family will come to collect him having finally figured out where he is, only to have that be the point were Ozpin is informed that he snuck it.

And then Ozpin just stands there, takes a pull form his Coffee Cup, looks at his watch for a few seconds, looks at a calender, looks back at them and says "Mr. Arc is on Scholar ship and as of five seconds ago turned 18, making him a legal adult and entirely legally capable of choosing to remain her weather you like it or not. And of course he snuck in, given the fact he had the nerve to do it and the skills to do it and not get caught by anyone on my staff other then me, I opted to let him and see were that went, and I'd say he's thriving more here then he ever did in your care. Good day."
    It'll happen at some point, but I hope it doesn't happen too soon. Other characters need the spotlight, and RWBY hasn't been much for juggling multiple arcs at once--it tells one story at a time.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    It'll happen at some point, but I hope it doesn't happen too soon. Other characters need the spotlight, and RWBY hasn't been much for juggling multiple arcs at once--it tells one story at a time.
    I imagine it's kind of hard to juggle multiple arcs when you have five minute episodes.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but it also doesn't have to be a long Arc either. This is literally something that can get a bit of light forshadowing in a couple of eps and then be wrapped up in five minutes.

"Hey, you got a birthday coming up?"

"Yeah, two weeks form now."

"We should plan a party."

And then a couple of eps down the line a shot of someone or a couple of someone's standing outside Becon that bear a similarity to Juan at the tail end of an ep.

Then next ep he's called into Juans Ozpin office, there's Goodwitch, his family, and Cardin grinning like that cat that got the cream along with. They chat a bit, and Ozpin ends it by the aforementioned note, reveling that what he did was make sure to run down the clock. Maybe as a tag ending telling Cardin in privet to cut the crap if HE doesn't want to be publicly expelled for behavior unbecoming of a Hunter. (I can't imagine the Hunter/Huntress community at large would approve of the way Cardin does business or conducts himself.)
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

We've had far too much of the Jaune Arc so far. I'm interested in this tournament thing that they were preparing for.
    Show

By Akrim.elf

By Balmas

Officially WoodzyOwl, the Owlwoodsiest Owl of the Owlwood Woods, Keeper of the Wooden Owlwood Owl

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Then what's another 8 minuets spread out over three episodes, if that much?

After that, we don't have to see him till the tornament, were it's even odds he'll draw Yang or Wiess or Sun or Penny and get squashed like a bug right out the starting gate in round one anyway. Come to think of it anyone on either named team except MAYBE Blake could do this, I say maybe cause in her trailer blake came off less badass then the rest, and to a lesser extent in the nevermore battle and when fighting Torchwick. So, if he's improved buy leaps and bounds, and catches her off guard/has an environment were planning and strategy will actually matter to be fighting in, he MIGHT be able to survive round one with her.
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

When suddenly, penguins!
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

When suddenly, penguins!
    ... Is that a reference?
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

Then what's another 8 minuets spread out over three episodes, if that much?
    So...over half?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

... Is that a reference?
    No, but sudden penguins can go with anything.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    So...over half?
    Hardly, your talking about a minute at most in two episodes for the foreshadowing, spread apart with several eps in between, and then like a 5-6 minute, tops, episode.
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

No, but sudden penguins can go with anything.
    But beware, when penguins turn...
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    But beware, when penguins turn...
    I nominate this for a thread title in the future.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2014-01-24 at 04:06 PM.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I nominate this for a thread title in the future.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-01-24 at 01:43 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

SUPER EDIT: Blue is a very important color. Why isn't it team Red Blue White Yellow instead?
    Last edited by Woodzyowl; 2014-01-24 at 05:15 PM.
    Show

By Akrim.elf

By Balmas