New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: FTL: Advanced Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan View Post
    Is it true that AI ship won't repair a room if the room is breached?Does this apply to the Rebel Flagship as well if it became crew-less? If that is true wouldn't it be better to imply murder all the crew on the Rebel Flagship then simply put a hole In any system to prevent it from being auto repaired?
    It will, but it takes a very long time (longer than you should be fighting the ship).

On the second question, not really. Since if you leave one isolated crew-member alive (the triple laser dude), no system you hit will be repairable, and the flagship will be unpiloted (so lower dodge rating). You go from no system being repairable, full stop, to all systems being repairable unless you stick a breach in there.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

My experience has been that the AI will repair a room with a breach, but only after repairing the breach. So it can slow down repairs significantly, but it will be repaired eventually.

Down to 1 achievement left to get now, Clash of the Titans (crystal ship - blow up 15 rock ships). Last run didn't quite pull it off (saw about 10) but did get to live the dream :P
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

So, I just had a rather interesting experience. Played with the Mantis B, got a Zoltan crew-member to pilot the ship while my Mantises wrecked the other ship. However, somewhere around Sector 5, an enemy ship jumped off with my Mantises on-board. Fortunately, the next three encounters straight got me three more crew members, and I ended up taking down the flagship just using Chain Lasers and a Charge Ion. I didn't even have my teleporter turned on for the entire rest of the game. Anyone else have that happen, where you just totally ignore a ship's intended use?

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Happened to me a few times. The situation you describes is fairly common, but I also tend to naturally maneuver away from tactics that use usable resources (missiles, drones), so a ship that's expected to use a lot of those often does not after a while, in my hands. Especially that goddamn Rock A - I try to install some decent non-missile weapons on it ASAP.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show