New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Imperator Non Inridetur

"Shhh," Quint hushed Novice Trager, he stepped inside the doorway, around her if he had to, dragging the body with him, "First, take care of the fallen. Perhaps he shall find comfort in the realm of the Emperor. Second, we have business to discuss. And I take you understand now just how serious my business is."

He pulled the fallen brother to some convenient slab, hoisting him up onto it as best he can, ready to be taken care of much like any other body. "Remember always, your duty is first to the Throne, second to Mankind, and all else falls third."
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: Platform Trifectus, Mortuarium
    Show
    Squeaking a response, her eyes dart about the passage before she follows in behind you. The chamber she'd been in is essentially the combination of a medicae facility and a mortician's lab. Four great slabs of metal sit on a single plasteel leg each; on the leftmost one, closest to the door, lies the pale body of a male hab worker. Completely naked, he seems to have suffered a bruising blow to the head. Nearby, a servo-skull floats obediently with several blades of varying thicknesses and slicing angles hanging where its lower jaw should be. A large table to the far side from the door has a series of medicae tools, a bowl of once-clean water that has blood slowly swirling in it, and a few devotional charms. This chamber, fortunately, is light by two blindingly bright glow-globes.

"Q-Quint? Why is Brother Doran dead?" She has a hysterical edge to her voice, hands gripping her own robes sleeves tightly. "He was only watching the doorway!"

3. - Top - End - #213

SamuraiGuy

The face of the Duke remains unimpressed. "Open rebellion is the least of my worries, in fact, I welcome it. Rebels rally around a figure head, so much easier then to decapitate it."

Tirantine contemplates briefly "Those questions will fall under the jurisdiction of the Investigatory branch of the Arbites, not so? I know a high ranking officer there. This will also give us the chance to take flowers to our ex- muscle mongrel" Ending his sentence with a very, very slight smirk.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quint sighed, he looked very glum, and looked Anna Trager dead in the eyes. He didn't lie to her. But his voice was filled with regret as he mentioned it, "Because he had been corrupted, as many here are. I had given him the chance to help the Inquisition, and he refused," none of this was a lie, not really, he believed it, as he 'knew' there was a daemon of some sort aboard the stations, or maybe a coven of witches, and members of the Ecclesiarchy were covering it up, rather than leading the charge.

"I'm sorry. But in my duties serving the throne, sometimes I am forced to do things for the Good of the Mission, and Mankind's safety, instead of what I'd otherwise want to do."

"... do you realize what is going on at this station?" he asked her, a hint of accusation in his tone, a suggestion of the righteous fury of the emperor, with which he smote the "corrupted" Brother Doran. He sighed and shook his head, "I doubt it. You seem a good soul in many ways. I hear you even give extra rations to the starving families here. A practice the more senior clerics frown upon... but you were right. Something very wrong is going on here. And there will be a clear line drawn between the Pure and the Corrupted when all is done."

5. - Top - End - #215

Goblin

Show
    "But how could he have been?" Still disbelieving, she shakily moves towards Doran's cooling body. Absentmindedly, she motions the servo-skull to her side, to which it bobs unhurriedly through the sandalwood scented air. "He's one...was one of the kindest men I knew. I just knew that he would help us..." The shock begins to finally set in, and she drops back onto the floor unceremoniously. Sitting, she grips her knees through her robes and begins to take deep breaths to stave off the emotional upset; the effort is a mixed success, but it does muffle most of her sobs.

It takes a good long while (barring Quint's intervention, presumably) before she responds of her own accord. Her voice sounds strained, and when she stands she's drying her eyes with her threadbare sleeves. "What would you have me do?", she asks. Her expression is dull as a ten-year-used combat knife sporting eyes red as the blood slowly thickening in Brother Doran's robes.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quint rested his hand on Anna's shoulder as she sat on the floor. It was almost a fatherly, comforting grip he had on her. "... I've been investigating. It seems as if a Daemon walks this station, or perhaps even worse, for it is difficult to catch them all compared to a singular target, a coven of Warp Witches."

He let that drop on her for a moment, "Think back. Remember your training. What are the signs of Warp Sorcery and Daemonic Presence? The sudden failure of machines, like the machines that track the presence of Adepts that the Cult Mechanicus should easily be able to use to find the missing personnel. The spoiling of food, the foul taint rotting healthy nourishment in but moments. The presence of Ghosts, and Ghostly Whispers. They are being warded off by the Faithful wearing charms for the Emperor's protection, as the Great Enemy of Man has always been warded off."

"... there is true rot at the heart of this station. The cult mechanicus cannot be blamed. They have never understood matters of faith and the spirit of man, they are ill equipped to deal with such things."

"... but the signs are obvious. Any member of the Faith should be able to put them together when they consider it. So then why has your Father Schaff been telling people that none of it was true? That people who had gone missing had merely left? Why are you not gathered in a mob of the faithful to put an end to this?"

"... the rot is deep. No member of the Faith is beyond reproach. They are either complicit or incompetent. In the case of your Brother, willful blindness. He refused to see the danger and lived in the comfort of heretical dealings."

"But you still have a shot at redemption. This place can still be saved. You must harden your heart against what must be done. Channel your sorrow into rage against the heretics who brought this about, and the Men who stood aside and let it happen."

He held down his hand to help Anna Trager up, "Come, we have much to do if we are to save this station, the Emperor yet demands your efforts."

7. - Top - End - #217

Goblin

Show
    Listening to his explanation in silence, she finally gives a slight incline of her head. "But if you think that all of the other priests are corrupted, how could we possibly rally enough support against this daemon? We have no blessed weapons, no holy bolters." Quint might get the impression that she would be terrified if she weren't already shell-shocked. "What can we possibly do to save this place? I'm willing to serve, but I'm afraid it won't be enough, Inquisitor."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I think the highest levels are corrupt. But not all," Quint told her, and pulled the novice back onto her feet. He held her still and locked eyes with her, letting his own certainty and intensity be seen by her, help steel her resolve.

"Remember your lessons. A man needs but faith to stand tall against the Warp. Faith in the Emperor will do more than master crafted arms. Faith and fire," he nodded slowly to hammer that point in, "Fire has always been the sign of the Emperor, even the fell creatures of the Warp succumb to it. Simple rotgut, improvised into a grenade, can drive by a Daemon. Never mind if it is merely mortal witches."

He finally let her go, so that she might stand or fall on her own. "... there are people on this station ready to fight in the Emperor's Name, getting strength every day. They need a strong Cleric to focus their righteous fury. I cannot trust those who should be doing it. For now, I know that you are faithful, no others. You will need to stand as the Emperor demands. You care for the people of this station, accept your grand role for them."

"But that will be a few days from now. For now? Find the Faithful, people who aren't happy with the stories Father Schaff spreads, people who live in fear of what is going on, or cleave to the Emperor as they feel the shadow of the Enemy upon this station. Give them guidance. Tap into your training as a servant of the Emperor. Make flaming weapons in his name, smuggle blades and instruments of violence to the faithful, and report unto me everything that is going on. And be my guide to the Stations."

"That is your duty. Are you up to it, or must I find another?"

9. - Top - End - #219

Gaius thinks for a while "With all due respect, your Grace. There is only a handful of us, and we are not going to be able to do our duty if we are killed by rioters or flushed into space. We will find the heretics resposible and bring them to the Emperor's justice, and if it is necessary to let the station burn to root out the heresy, then so be be it. But we cannot allow such destruction to happen needlessly. Remember, this place is important to the war effort of the sector. Every delay, every drop in efficiency, and every skilled worker that dies here could mean the difference between victory and defeat on one of the countless planets protected by the grace of the Emperor and the might of the Imperium"

"I still think we should postpone visiting the cogg... contact we have with the Adeptus Mechanicus, but Annie has convinced me that we shouldn't wait too long to use our resources, and I think we should be able to get access to the archives of the Ministorum without exposing ourselves. I believe Akadia has the right skills for that job?"

He pauses for a moment "If the Ministorum is behind the uprisings among the laborers in the food industry -- as we have been asked to investigate -- then I would assume that they had first made sure to secure a stockpile of food for themselves. Such a stockpile might not be condemning evidence on its own, but it could be an important asset for us to use to win the trust of the people of these platforms. And we might be able to find information about such things in the archives"

"When we split up, we are going to need a way to communicate. I'm only going to stay here at the shrine until tomorrow"
    Characters An Early Spring: IC -- OoC -- Setting, PCs, and NPCs -- Map

10. - Top - End - #220

Goblin

Show
    "I...I can, and I will. For the good of the stations. S-Someone has to." Wiping at her eyes, she seems to draw upon some inner reserve, steeling herself. "But I don't believe the whole of the Ministrorum on these platforms could be corrupt! They're strong men and women, firm in the faith of the Emperor. He couldn't bear to have them fall prey to a Daemon's lies." Glancing over to Doran's body, she stops herself and focuses on the matter at hand. "...What am I to do? If things are as bad as you say, Brother Doran will be noticed missing."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Do your duty, send him to the realm of the Emperor, as you would anyone else," Quint instructed. "Take an hour to do so, I need to rest, then... well we have much to do." Quint looked around, for some place in here that he might sit down and doze a bit. He set down, staff propped against him, taking a moment to reload his Revolver while he had it, before hiding it once more on his person. Once he was sure that Anna had gotten back into the swing of doing her duties to the dead, and wasn't going to freak out, break down, or crack up, he closed his eyes and took a quick nap.

12. - Top - End - #222

SamuraiGuy

Tiratine clinches his jaws. "We idle while we remain undecided. For the sake of getting anywhere, let us go to this Adept. Perhaps now if there is time left. Otherwise we can seek refuge until tomorrow at the Temple you suggested Brother Cleric?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ok Ive conceded, lets just get this ball rolling!

13. - Top - End - #223

"I will remain here, and continue to act as a wandering priest in the hope that I will be able to get a better idea of the state of the Ministorum on these stations tomorrow"

"It may arouse too much suspicion if the three of tou contact the archivist together. Perhaps you could find an excuse to ask some questions to the Adeptus Mechanicus instead, your Grace? I would very much like to hear their version of the stories we've been told"

14. - Top - End - #224

Goblin

As the station chronos wind down and the air-cyks chug quietly on into the 'night' of NDo/K4, even the glow-globes begin to dim slightly until there's an unnatural dusk spaced across the metal plating of both Weyland's Gate and the myriad platforms scattered in low-orbit. The Cell's first day has been reasonably eventful, with clues, plans, and queer occurrences driving and twisting upon each other well into the end of the station's Terran cycle. While the night is uneventful, when the Acolytes wake to breathe the stale air of the Machine-God's chosen outpost, a foreboding charge hangs tense and unseen all about them...

Spoiler: At the Shrine
    Show
    Surprisingly, the after-lights cycle of NDo doesn't bring any further visits to the Shrine. For those of you who sleep within, waking to the smell of old incense under the watchful eyes of the saints provides a measure of comfort--even here, at the heart of strangeness and potential heresy, the Emperor guards his own. There seems to be a quiet, peaceable nature in the open structure that went unnoticed the day before, almost as if it had exuded from the steel of the walls themselves. Before your very eyes, in fact, you see one of the ceremonial skulls lift slowly from its pedestal beside the scroll dedicated to Drusus; an old, poorly treated servo-spirit, it rises gently into the air on wheezing grav-impellers to begin the most sacred of the morning rituals: lighting the candles and censers. As the warm light of the Emperor's grace begins to spill from the shrines, the sounds of early industry builds outside.

Show
    Quint slowly awakens, feeling a deep chill settled into his aged skin and bones. Feeling at first as though he's trapped, he would discover a small kindness done for him during his 'short nap'; Novice Trager must have, at one point in her duties, covered you with a blessed corpse-shroud as a blanket to keep you warmer in the cold laboratory of the Mortuarium. He can hear the sound of the untiring Servitors moving outside on their appointed rounds, and the gentle hum from her medicae-skull which is simply resting two or so meters off the ground by the first metal slab. Neither the laborer's body nor Brother Doran's are anywhere to be seen, and all of her tools are spotless. Incense smoke pools on the roof like a peculiarly reversed sea, curling and crashing upon itself as it drifts into the room.

Trager is likewise vanished, leaving the Psyker to his own devices for the time being.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quint takes a long moment to rub some warmth into his body, stretching out slowly where he sat, feeling his muscles scream and his bones pop as the blood started flowing once more, and life returned to his limbs.

... it was then that he noticed the shroud, and smiled a bit. Carefully he folded it up, until it was in a nice, tidy little square which he set into his backpack, standing up slowly and stretching out again.

... that's when he noticed the chill didn't seem to just be the moratorium. There was something different. He might have expected the hemmed in, dangerous feeling if he was some Agri-World boy who had camped out under open skies his whole life. He had worked with people in the Governor's Household that were like that. But him? A cave of steel and rockrete like this was home. It should have been cozy.

He gripped his staff tightly, and started to make his way out of the Moratorium, trusting in his gut feelings. You didn't get to be that old by ignoring it when the Emperor was telling you something was wrong, as he did with all his little signs. On the way out he pulled out his Emperor's Tarot Cards, the focus he used for his powers, and in times like this, a small comfort as he trusted in the psychic might of the Emperor.

"... now just what's lurking in the dark..." he muttered as he flipped through the cards, trusting his own perceptions and The Emperor to speak to him.

Spoiler: Mechanics and Explanation
    Show
    Quint is using his Psyniscience to look for trouble (like daemons and warp sorcery within 3 km, so the whole station platform more or less) to help explain the odd feeling.

(1d100)[46] vs 32 Psyniscience.

The Tarot thing is just superstition, more or less. Maybe you'll give me a bonus on the Psyniscience for it? Maybe not. It comes down to kind of "fluff" which mentions in a few places in Dark Heresy that The EMPRAH guides people by influencing the Emperor's Tarot. By Quint's backstory he did work as a Tarot Reader for a few years for a Planetary Governor, so he might trust that even without having Divination Talents that the Psychic Might of the Emperor would guide the cards to reveal some sort of clue to him. An excuse for you to drop me a hint if you want. Because sometimes players should cast Summon: Plot Hook, be it asking for Random Rumors in a Tavern, or reading the Tarot.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Shrine
    Show
    Slowly opening her eyes, Akadia slowly woke in the new 'light' of day. It had been a somewhat peaceful night for her, certainly better than onboard that excuse for a ship she'd been brought here on. Uncurling from the ball she had made herself into overnight and removing the heavy coat she had used as a blanket, she sat up, replacing her shoes and looking around the near deserted shrine. The others were evidently still asleep. Seizing the opportunity, Akadia hurridly changed into the working clothes she had procured yesterday, neatly folded her robes into her backpack, and made sure her chrono was still in time with the stations systems.

Quietly, Akadia watched the shrine awaken itself, as she in turn awoke fully and waited for her associates to do the same

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Annie had been sleeping sat up against the wall of the chapel, head lolling, legs sprawled, hands resting on pistol hilts. When she woke it was with a convulsion and a gasp of air.

"Slam!" she cursed, as a greeting to the morning. "What the **** is that smell?"

She stood, uneasily- her old stomach wound always gave her trouble in the mornings- and stretched, cracking her knuckles. "So. Get some food and go see our friend in filing, eh?"

18. - Top - End - #228

Goblin

Show
    As Quint leaves the Mortuarium, occasionally bumping against an aged servitor, the Tarot reveals its secrets...well, some secrets. Of the four cards pulled from the reading, the first is the Daemon, followed by the Hulk, the Six of Bolts, and the Titan (reversed). While the tendrils of his mind come back empty--no psychic presence has been detected--the cards might very well seem more disturbing. Exiting the crypt-like structure, the glow-globes of the reawakening platform seem almost intolerably bright. A few passing workers lift their eyes to you before making the Aquila and swiftly moving on; the nearby servitor doesn't shift at all from its vigil over the shrine, to contrast. Notably, any blood on the plating left by Brother Doran seems to have been efficiently removed.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Okay... a few people are honoring me. Either they think I'm some elder novice with the Moratorium... or someone isn't being as secretive with Redemptionist planning as I would potentially like...

Most disturbing, if he was honest. He leaned heavily on his staff, having put the cards back away. He had wished Novice Trager had stuck around, he had wanted to look into the missing adept, but nope, his guide was nowhere to be seen.

He sighed heavily and trusted in his instincts. Stations like this had to be fairly uniform in design and layout, the coggers were just that way. He tried to trust in his instincts, where they would have been back Home, and make his way towards the gardens of this collection of Stations. Finding one particular hab block on his own with no help, might as well be impossible without days of hab to hab searching. Finding the fields, and the one place growing those flowers that Novice Trager had mentioned, probably a lot easier.

20. - Top - End - #230

The shrine

Gaius had seated himself cross-legged in front of the icon of Drusus, and as the others fell asleep one by one, he found peace in a program of meditation and prayer that he had learned in the abbey on Scintilla. Through most of the night, his rosary moved steadily through his hand as he quietly chanted the familiar cycle of prayers -- one for each of the 144 saints symbolized by the beads.

The beads were all hand-carved from the bones of various small animals: A human leg for Brannicus, a starship for Euphrica, a book for Eugenios the Incandescent. The beads were well worn, but still beautiful. His sister had been good with that knife of hers when she made it for him as a present on the anniversary of the martyring of the ancient saint he had been named after. Some of the bones had come from the rats that tried to sneak into the dormitory of the orphans in the abbey. The rodents never stood a chance, she had been very good with that knife.

She kept him safe when their mother died and protected him from the other orphans when he was little, but eventually she had fallen from the light of the Emperor and betrayed the trust of the brothers and sisters that had sheltered them since they were small. He still remembered the first night she came in late, smelling of strong liquor, the night she came back with a gang tattoo, and the night she didn't come home at all. He tried to stop her when she finally left to join the gang. Tried and failed -- she was bigger than him, and much more used to fighting.

The cycle of prayers is interrupted for a moment as his hand strays to the long scar on his cheek. Yes, she had indeed been very good with that knife.

It had been a long time since he last thought of Petronia. She had been dead to him for so many years. Lost to Emperors light. But seeing the Annie had stirred old memories. Until recently, she had been part of gang much like his sister, but here she was doing the holy work of the Emperor. Perhaps, such redemption was possible for others as well? No, that was foolishness. Redemption requires penance, and his sister had been utterly unrepentant.

As his vigil continues, it becomes more and more difficult to remain awake, and he has to chastise himself several times when his eyes refuse to stay open. The father had ordered him to do this as punishment, but he serves a higher power now. His only duty is to the inquisitor and the mission. Nothing else matters. So why was he sitting here all night when he would surely need his strength and resolve in the morning? The father expected it, of course, and it was necessary to keep up the appearance of a wandering novice if he were to investigate the Ministorum from the inside. Besides, someone had to keep a watch while the others slept, right?

When morning comes with a strange hint of hidden terror, he rises and spends some time rubbing life into his limbs and stretching, but the stiffness refuses to leave his body completely. As the others wake, he greets them with "Blessings to you all. There is a foulness in the air, and fear that we have little time to act"

21. - Top - End - #231

Goblin

Spoiler: Platform Trifectus, Goltos Vats
    Show
    True enough, the layout of the station is simple and easily adapted to. The passages twist and wind in an orderly fashion until Quint arrives at the northwest end of the station, the seat of the Goltos Combine. A steady flood of workers fills the passages around the vats, constantly bumping into or barely avoiding the aged psyker as he makes his trek. Soon enough, he stands before the crowded gangways and access lift for the Goltos; while the opening part of the gangway looks free enough, at the end of it is a massive lift with two guards. These reasonably well armed (they wear pistols openly) individuals seem to be checking cognomens that the laborers carry, and preventing any enterprising individuals from sneaking food out with them. A small metal box next to them contains much of this "contraband"--mostly pale vegetable life of one type or another.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hmm...

He didn't have the proper ID, of course. There was little chance he could take on two armed guards, not to mention the possible uprising and riot that could open up in such a crowded area if he did. For the moment, he made as if he was looking for his lost ID tags, buying time to observe the crowd and the guards, while seeming to have a plausible excuse for not proceeding at the moment, while he got an idea of how exactly the operations at the checkpoint normally proceeded, ears pricked for any passing gossip as people came and went.

23. - Top - End - #233

Goblin

Show
    Basic procedure seems remarkably straightforward: a worker walks up, flashes his or her cognomen to a servo-skull for perusal, and then enters the lift behind the two guards. This is done until about forty souls have passed the checkpoint. Once ensconced in the rickety contraption of the lift, another guard within placates the old machine-spirit from a control panel and the whole device lowers itself slowly into a deeper part of the platform--likely the growing vats themselves.

Gossip, at least, proves to be more interesting. Workers both leaving and going take the moment of interaction to hug, slap backs, and trade information. You hear about a pipe leak in vat four, a change in the crew-leader for one of the teams (some fellow named Shav is indisposed?) and, from a few arrow-wearing laborers congregating, whispers about some sort of meeting. Quint would need to get closer or focus more attention to hear anything more specific, in any case.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Interesting...

Quint took a moment to make sure that people seemed more involved with their own lives, than necessarily looking his way before he approached the Arrow Charmed Crowd. Had the oaf Garret worked that fast? He hobbled over, and discretely made the sign of the Aquila to the Faithful as he drew their attention.

"Oh I don't suppose you boys can do an old man a favor, can you?" he asked them quietly, tilting his head up enough so that they might see his face. "I seem to have lost my tags, and I really must get in there."

Either Garret had told them about the Old Gaffer Pilgrim, and they'd help him out, or they didn't, and he could play senile and confused, either way he figured it was low risk and unlikely to draw too much undue attention.

25. - Top - End - #235

Goblin

Show
    Looks range from incredulous to annoyed on the faces of the Arrows. Garret lives on Platform Secundus, after all--either he hasn't yet begun to spread word, or perhaps it simply doesn't spread all that fast. One of them finally speaks up, a young man who quietly clears his throat. "Look, old man, you either work to eat or you get your cut of rations like everyone else." Reaching out, he rudely takes hold of one of the psyker's spindly arms, lifting it slightly out of the sleeve of Quint's robe to show his fellows. "And if you had a 'nomen, it'd be some ten-year cycles out of date, gaffer. I'd wager you couldn't lift a single pipe in a full cycle."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gaius, morning. Funny, I swear you were asleep just now. Akadia noted, slightly blushing at the thought of being watch while she changed. Hurridly altering the subject, she continued Have we heard anything from Quint, or is he still off on his own? Ideally, we need to all be working quickly and together, and that is pretty difficult while he's gone and potentially causing a scene

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quint took a long, slow sigh as the man showed off his arm, atrophied a bit from Imperial Norm by age and the demands of living in a Low Grav environment. Not that bad by Void Born standards (After all, they have a -5 to Strength, so "Average" for them should be 25, so at 22 he's not THAT bad off compared to most Platform Citizens), but he clearly wasn't an Adeptus Astartes Candidate. Taking his arm back slowly, wiggling out of the grip he looked at the man who had grabbed him.

"No respect for a man of the Faith, true faith earned through hardship and loss of all held dear, not faith decked in riches and success. Saints be ashamed of you, for not helping out a fellow Man in a time of need."

He smiled a bit, "The Hunter is already here, stalking the station. Soon you'll be tested."

Cryptic, creepy, sure. He reached into his pocket, pulling out the tarot card he drew earlier, the Daemon, holding it up to them, "It comes, and He warns us. Will you heed his warning and help me, or mock me and our Guardian upon the Throne?"

28. - Top - End - #238

"Not asleep, Akadia. But I was meditating with my eyes closed, it's an easy mistake to make"

29. - Top - End - #239

Goblin

Show
    The laborers look increasingly uncomfortable as Quint continues his 'rambling', and when he starts mentioning the "Hunter" line...the whole atmosphere of their little group changes. Expressions flash from amused or annoyed to grim, as if a sobering wave had passed over them. The man who spoke up glances over his shoulder quietly before roughly grabbing Quint's arm and dragging him (concealed behind the rest of his group, as they move with the pair) further down the passage. As for what comes next:

"I don't care what the message He has for us is, it can wait until the meeting in the Vats. Holy Throne, gaffer, are you trying to get us all fething spaced?" Releasing the aged fellow's elbow, he rubs across the back of his neck self-consciously--as if someone had walked over his grave. "Cripes. Whoever recruited you ought to stick his head in a cyk-pipe to clear out his brains. Just you hang onto your sermon and your speech until it's right, savvy?"
    Last edited by Vexing; 2014-02-27 at 06:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quint shook his arm a bit, working out some soreness and pain from the elbow grip, "... things move quickly. Too quickly. I have word from Garret, Platform Secundius. He says something important has come. A Daemonhunter. It seems like he thinks one stalks the platforms. The Coggers drilled too deep, found something very wrong." He seemed small, scared in that moment, "I couldn't wait, a daemon! All the deaths, the ghosts, the famine..." he shuddered as if a chill settled over him. "... how can someone wait knowing that? I needed to do something! I had to prepare. He said the Daemonhunter told him that Fire is good. Very good. That using fire and faith can hold off a daemon... it's not much, but if one of us runs into it? Well..." he shrugged, "... I just hope I can do it."