Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Celestial Spheres: Tales of Kadur OOC II

Newest post here. Link to old thread here.

if bojnik is the town and not the trail, then forget that. I just meant "everyone on the trail is dead and they were killed by shass" so they can't see us to turn us in and we're not in danger of being murdered by shass.

how did we get from berridge's to here though? did we pass through bojnik? is it possible to go around to rendezvous with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
    This is the OOC thread for Celestial Spheres: Tales of Kadur.

LINK TO IC THREAD
    LINK TO RECRUITMENT THREAD
    LINK TO DIE ROLL THREAD
    BATTLE MAP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

CAMPAIGN WORLD INFO:

PCs:
    • Aleister Crowley, Silverbrow Human Incarnate 4, played by Venger

"He'll tell you he's the wickedest man in the world. Bark's worse than his bite. Mostly."
    • The Trio (Kitty/Alexei/Gran), Changeling Rogue 1/Binder 3, played by the Viscount

"This changeling could be crazy, but all three personalities seem so real. There are stranger things in the world than three people in one body."
    • Sasha Terthian, Human Unarmed Swordsage 4, played by Kymme

"Sweet girl, always eager to help. Don't challenge her to an arm wrestling contest, though, unless you want to lose use of your arm."
    • Siegfried, Warforged Warlock 4, played by Amidus Drexel

"Lighthearted, jovial robot built long ago. He's obsessed with magic and loves to learn and explore."
    • Hagashiyama Natsu, Kitsune Factotum 4, played by Morcleon

"Short girl. A bit volatile, but she's really sweet sometimes. Died and came back, so she's sensitive about that. Never give her wine. Surprisingly dangerous."
    • Desmond Blackstone: Human Duskblade 4. Played by OMG PONIES

Quick student, but blemished. Death's Hand is upon him, barring him from the Guild of Doors. Shame, too--knows damn near everything, except for magic.

GENERAL RULES:
    • I'm pretty permissive in games I run, I don't mind characters trying new things or thinking outside of the box. But if there's one thing I value above all else, it is party unity. While some internal conflict can be fun, in the end I expect everyone to work together. If something happens where this becomes difficult, please let me know early on so we can address any potential issues.
    • We've got a couple of different time zones, so please be respectful of posting frequency. I won't set any hard rules about how many times you can post, because I don't want to slow things down, but if the plot seems to be moving forward and everyone isn't involved, take a breather for a bit.
    • On the other hand, don't be afraid to chatter or ask questions on this thread. That's why it's here, after all.
    • If your character is choosing not to respond to a situation, please post anyways mentioning this, so that everyone knows you are actively not responding rather than that you just haven't been online yet.
    • This is my first time DMing a play-by-post game. I'll probably get something wrong. I've got a lot of experience behind the DM screen, but this format is fairly new to me. So feedback is important, and don't be afraid to tell me if I screwed something up!

Now, question to all: I was considering pre-rolling initiative at the start of an encounter, so that we could get things started in initiative order without waiting for five people to respond. Is this alright, or would folks prefer to roll their own initiatives? And how would you like me to handle things like Aleister's wand of nerveskitter?
    Loot Sheet
    Last edited by Venger; 2014-02-19 at 10:30 PM.
    fight my brute! it's a lot of fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    How telling is it that people would rather discuss the taxonomy of tomatoes (which are delicious) than the truenamer class?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Celestial Spheres: Tales of Kadur OOC II

Yay, new thread!

Could you get all of the information in the OP of the old thread and move it into the OP of this one?
    Due to a suddenly increased workload this week, I will be unable to post until Friday/Saturday. My apologies.

Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    "Everyone carries something important enough to die for and they are running around so as not to lose it."
    -Kamijou Touma

Homebrew:

Nexus Characters
    RailITP Characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yay, new thread!

Could you get all of the information in the OP of the old thread and move it into the OP of this one?
    done and done.
    How telling is it that people would rather discuss the taxonomy of tomatoes (which are delicious) than the truenamer class?
    Iron Chef Medals!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Celestial Spheres: Tales of Kadur OOC II

Thanks, Venger. To continue the previous discussion, Bojnik was the walled town the caravan stopped at just on the east side of the Bran.
    Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus: Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    if bojnik is the town and not the trail, then forget that. I just meant "everyone on the trail is dead and they were killed by shass" so they can't see us to turn us in and we're not in danger of being murdered by shass.

how did we get from berridge's to here though? did we pass through bojnik? is it possible to go around to rendezvous with him?
    Malkus is the easternmost city on the continent, built into the bayside cliffs above old Malkus right on the ocean.

About a day's ride inland (ie, west) is the Branwood, a long and narrow strip of darkwood forest that once covered a good portion of the east coast, but was heavily forested for its darkwood trees. It used to be home to three warring clans of giants, but if Theodosius is to be believed, Wray Vitki defeated the giants, set up his own empire, and prevented any further foresting for the past couple hundred years.

There is a caravan road that leads west, from the Malkus western gate, through the Bran and inland to towns like Ravensholme and Granica. That road is what you took, and where you were ambushed by the halfling and his dog. Just before getting into the Bran, you came to a walled town called Bojnik. This town was nervous about letting anyone in after dark (understandable, considering what comes out of the Branwood at night), but was a common stopping point for caravans who couldn't make it through the Bran before dark. You had spoken to the soldiers guarding Bojnik, and they directed you to behind the town to find where the caravan was camped (and murdered).

Leaving the Branwood right now and going back to Berridge presents at least two immediate difficulties:

• Finding your way back to the road that runs through the Branwood - you are well off the beaten path where you are, and while you might be able to retrace your steps back to Kráľ Vrana's castle, finding the road or a different way out is another matter entirely.
    • If you do take the road back to Malkus, finding your way past the soldiers and terrified townsfolk of Bojnik who believe that you were responsible for murdering the caravan, according to what Natsu saw.
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-01-18 at 09:07 AM.
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, okay.

Anyone have any ideas, then?
    Iron Chef Medals!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I say we try to find our way to the trail to Bojnik and then give it a wide berth, then head into Malkus. It'd likely be best to be disguised the whole time (we should probably blindfold our captive for the time being so he won't know we're disguised).
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    "We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it, like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] gorrammit sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount View Post
    I say we try to find our way to the trail to Bojnik and then give it a wide berth, then head into Malkus. It'd likely be best to be disguised the whole time (we should probably blindfold our captive for the time being so he won't know we're disguised).
    Sounds good to me
    Iron Chef Medals!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

how thick was the city wall at bojnik?

EDIT: also, how tall was it?

and how much weight can aleister carry while having the airstep sandals bound?
    Last edited by Venger; 2014-01-18 at 09:08 PM.
    Iron Chef Medals!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

The walls were made of darkwood, and seemed solidly built, but as you only saw it at night and from the outside, it's tough to gauge their thickness. They were about fifteen feet high.

Unless otherwise specified, you can only fly while carrying no more than a light load.
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The walls were made of darkwood, and seemed solidly built, but as you only saw it at night and from the outside, it's tough to gauge their thickness. They were about fifteen feet high.

Unless otherwise specified, you can only fly while carrying no more than a light load.
    darnit. I looked everywhere I could think of, and could only find the "light load" rule as applying to mounts as mentioned on DMG p 204, which was why I asked (wasn't sure if I'd technically be a "mount" while I was carrying someone like a human instead of on my back like a dragon) looks like my plan might need some more reconsidering.
    Iron Chef Medals!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

For the time being if we're attempting to take the trail back to Bojnik, we should probably do so on horseback. Speaking of, does anybody remember where we left our horses. I think we left them at the entrance to the Branwood, but I could be wrong.
    "We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it, like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] gorrammit sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

For the time being if we're attempting to take the trail back to Bojnik, we should probably do so on horseback. Speaking of, does anybody remember where we left our horses. I think we left them at the entrance to the Branwood, but I could be wrong.
    I also remember leaving them at the entrance to branwood. I think I said "hey we should leave them here because they're just going to get spooked at the most inopportune time and either throw us mid-combat or just run away" and we discussed how also shass might be able to possess animals. the party agreed and we left them there. they should still be fine, it hasn't been that long.
    Iron Chef Medals!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, your mounts were left at the Crow King's castle.
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it appears we'll have to walk back to the trail then.
    Awards

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I think via the bird's eye view Aleister took on the way into the woods, he'd know the way back to the trail.
    Iron Chef Medals!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I assumed that you were just fifteen feet up or so, which would not put you above the treeline. However, you could fly straight up above the treeline now and probably get your bearings. As it is, you can definitely make it back to the castle, and could probably work your way back from there to the trail.
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-01-19 at 07:24 PM.
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I assumed that you were just fifteen feet up or so, which would not put you above the treeline. However, you could fly straight up above the treeline now and probably get your bearings. As it is, you can definitely make it back to the castle, and could probably work your way back from there to the trail.
    while scouting the previous in-game day, I did (I think) try to reconnoiter above the canopy. during combat, I was indeed around 15' above ground.

regrettably, I do not have the airstep sandals bound or shaped today. I thought "I really didn't use them that much the previous day, I want to try some new stuff today" and did not shape them, a mistake I don't intend to make again tomorrow, in all likelihood.

if we can make it back to the castle and work back to the trail, I think that's what we should do.

any objections?
    Iron Chef Medals!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

If you went above the canopy, you at least know that there is only really one major stream that runs through this part of the Branwood, and that in all likelihood the one you're next to now is the same one that runs north to the Crow King's castle and southeast toward Bojnik.
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

If you went above the canopy, you at least know that there is only really one major stream that runs through this part of the Branwood, and that in all likelihood the one you're next to now is the same one that runs north to the Crow King's castle and southeast toward Bojnik.
    So that would get us where we need to go?
    Iron Chef Medals!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

If your goal is to get out of the forest and to Bojnik, you could follow it southeast. Whether or not Bojnik is a safe place for you right now is another story entirely...
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD MEDALS

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

If your goal is to get out of the forest and to Bojnik, you could follow it southeast. Whether or not Bojnik is a safe place for you right now is another story entirely...
    well, we could get closer to bojnik and then make that decision. it probably isn't, but we can see if it'd be prudent to replenish our dailies, as it were, when we're there.

beating a path there sounds good for right now.

EDIT: Kymme, would you be so kind as to take off one of the CLW potions? if you did already, then nvm.
    Last edited by Venger; 2014-01-19 at 10:48 PM.
    Iron Chef Medals!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I have an idea for when we get to Malkus. Assuming we can skirt around Bojnik in a wide enough path, we can get to Malkus without word of our arrival preceding us. We walk up to the gates, disguised as mercenaries, bounty hunters, or perhaps subcontracted bagmen working for black bill. The wand of major image should cover all of us; if it only does 4 I can cover myself. We'll cover ourselves with the image of our disguises, and Siegfried can just be the silent one as he concentrates. We show our captive and the note Black Bill gave us way back when as "proof" that we're bringing in a petty fugitive for him. If they ask questions we can play the "do you really think he'll want to waste his time on this, and if he does, do you want to risk his wrath" card. Once we're in the city we can go to the college and hide out while we try to get word to Mathers.

Sound like a plan? Any concerns?
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2014-01-19 at 11:50 PM.
    Awards

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

@Plan I like this idea. It seems easy enough to do, though it will certainly require a wardrobe change.

EDIT: Kymme, would you be so kind as to take off one of the CLW potions? if you did already, then nvm.
    Like, have Sasha chug it down? I can do that.
    We were sailing on waves of silver,
    There were echoes in the wind.
    When we raised our sails to capture them
    Our ship was lifted up and in and we sang:

Tatzlwyrm Avatar by me.

Spoiler: Games I'm In
    Show

Sasha Terthian - Celestial Spheres
    Huxley d'Argeant - The Brimstone Collective
    Calliope Everlost - Elselund
    William the Outcast - The Life in Your Stories

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    @Plan I like this idea. It seems easy enough to do, though it will certainly require a wardrobe change.

Like, have Sasha chug it down? I can do that.
    I gave one to shass's body earlier in order to mitigate the damage he would take when his rage abated, a decision it looks was prudent. you're the only one who can update the lewtz sheet, so I just wanted to ask if you'd taken care of it. if sasha wants one too, I'm hardly in a position to object.

what is your HP total? it appears to be full.
    Iron Chef Medals!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I gave one to shass's body earlier in order to mitigate the damage he would take when his rage abated, a decision it looks was prudent. you're the only one who can update the lewtz sheet, so I just wanted to ask if you'd taken care of it. if sasha wants one too, I'm hardly in a position to object.

what is your HP total? it appears to be full.
    Well, it is taken care of now. That leaves us 2 CLW potions and 2 CMW potions.

Sasha is at 19 at the moment. I just have her max HP listed so that I don't forget.

Tatzlwyrm Avatar by me.

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it is taken care of now. That leaves us 2 CLW potions and 2 CMW potions.

Sasha is at 19 at the moment. I just have her max HP listed so that I don't forget.
    oh, I see. just asking. I was going by what's on the sheet, you understand.
    Iron Chef Medals!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

oh, I see. just asking. I was going by what's on the sheet, you understand.
    Ah, it's all good. I thought that the 19 was listed under her current hp, but maybe I spaced it.

Tatzlwyrm Avatar by me.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, it's all good. I thought that the 19 was listed under her current hp, but maybe I spaced it.
    do you have healing belt charges left? I don't recall you using it this in-game day.

not that you can't have a potion, just that we've been using them when someone's in the negatives and can't take actions, an advantage your belt doesn't share.
    Iron Chef Medals!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

So, I have an idea for when we get to Malkus. Assuming we can skirt around Bojnik in a wide enough path, we can get to Malkus without word of our arrival preceding us. We walk up to the gates, disguised as mercenaries, bounty hunters, or perhaps subcontracted bagmen working for black bill. The wand of major image should cover all of us; if it only does 4 I can cover myself. We'll cover ourselves with the image of our disguises, and Siegfried can just be the silent one as he concentrates. We show our captive and the note Black Bill gave us way back when as "proof" that we're bringing in a petty fugitive for him. If they ask questions we can play the "do you really think he'll want to waste his time on this, and if he does, do you want to risk his wrath" card. Once we're in the city we can go to the college and hide out while we try to get word to Mathers.

Sound like a plan? Any concerns?
    The illusion's a minor image, not a major image, so we might have some difficulty with that approach, as I won't have quite the same freedom of movement with the image (within the area of effect (five 10ft cubes), not within the range (440ft), as it is with major image).

I like this plan, but we might run into problems if the guards try to take us to Black Bill themselves... or if they call him down to come see us.
    IC | OOC | Dice

My full title is as follows:
    Amidus "AmiDrex", His Drexcellency "Speedasaurus Drex" Drexel.
    Feel free to truncate or otherwise shorten this as you see fit.

PbP Characters: Siegfried

To my DMs and Players - I'm more than a little bit busy right now - if I'm needed for something and haven't posted, please PM me.

My signature proper.