New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 56

Sewers

Lyrina is beaned!

She is knocked back and pinned by it, then looses a laser again!

Street

Caelynn's already gone by the time he's done speaking!
    She leaves a bandolier of dust and a note about how the Dust explodes if hit though!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

[Clinic Vents]

Therlynn quickly leaps inside the vents and starts heading to the entry to the hallway.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Clinic Vents]

Therlynn quickly leaps inside the vents and starts heading to the entry to the hallway.
    ((Posting order, guys!))

Valia follows, rifle on her back
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Deadwood Street- No Row Jewelers

Mr. Mennow tended to his shop. He was careful not to put four jewels of the same color in a row. Bad things happened when you put four jewels of the same color in row in Jeweler's shops. They tended to disappear, or worse.

Then a catfolk strolled in, walked in cowboy boots while wearing a leather jacket over a white shirt and black pants. He had a brass six-shooter holstered in his belt, as well a scimitar sheathed beside it. One of his eyes was covered by a eye-patchlike brass goggle. However most striking of all was that his fur was orange and his eyes blue.
    "Erm....can I help you sir?"
    "Yes, I would like some jewels."
    "Really? what kind?"
    "All sorts of kinds. For at least two reasons."
    "Um....okay....how much money are ye willing to spend then?"
    "None."
    Suddenly Mr. Mennow's eyes widened he went for his own gun but the catfolk was quicker on the draw and shot first, the bullet flying through the air-
    THUD
    -and suddenly bursting into a net that enwrapped Mr. Mennow and made him fall to the ground unable to move.
    "However that does not mean I will kill you. No need to die over some pretty crystals no?"
    "Er I must you-"
    "Yes, yes, do not four of the same color into a row, I know that."
    He said as he puts gem after gem into his sack.
    "Worry not my good shopkeep, you will not die! I will make sure of it."
    "...Your going to put those out on the black market aren't you..."
    "What!? No. I don't want to sell these. I just want to look at them because they're pretty. I've got other ways of fulfilling needs such as food and whatnot. I mean what else would you steal gems for? USEFUL things? Please, gems aren't useful. they're pretty but they're not useful. Why pay for them? Well with four....onyx exceptions..."
    He said as he gathered three black gems and eyed the fourth.
    "What! No...don't! Those gems will explode if you put them in a row!"
    "Yes, which why I'm stealing them. I like explosions. they're pretty. But they hurt people, which sucks. Therefore I'm going steal these to cause an explosion so that I may watch it- but not harm anyone. Explosions would be so much more awesome if they didn't harm anything don't you agree? we could blow things up repeatedly and watch it all flying about and hear the boom. Just enjoy the explosion without any worrying who is harmed by it! Unless the explosion of course is needed for something like blowing some jerk who wants to take over everything, or mining. Explosions are good when they do that."
    Mr. Mennow started to get the impression that was he was talking to a crazy person obsessed with explosions and pretty things. He watched him as he put three of the black gems in one pouch on one side of his belt and one gem in another pouch on the other side of his belt. Couldn't be too careful. The catfolk started to walk out of the shop when he was asked
    "Oy, whats yer name anyway?"
    "My name?"
    The catfolk turned around with a flourish.
    "My name is- Valcario! Valcario De Zentasa! I am many things- cowboy, pirate, thief of many objects but mostly boredom, steam tech user and lover of riches, explosions, fire, freedom and action! Remember it well! Bye!"
    He then threw to the ground a brass orb that unfolded into a steam bike. He leapt upon it and sped away from the shop, while keeping his eyes peeled and his six-shooter at the ready in case of any pursuit.

OOC: haven't registered character yet, just introducing him and doing something different, trying to roleplay him in first then work out his capabilities after the fact.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #125

Deadwood Robbery!

Caelynn teleports in.
    Crap, wrong place... Oh, robbery!
    She tries to teleport onto the motorcycle's back!
    Cue a swift concussion blast punch to the back of the head!
    She appears to be slightly pregnant... Should she really be fighting?!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-25 at 08:51 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Deadwood Robbery!

Caelynn teleports in.
    Crap, wrong place... Oh, robbery!
    She tries to teleport onto the motorcycle's back!
    Cue a swift concussion blast punch to the back of the head!
    She appears to be slightly pregnant... Should she really be fighting?!
    "Argh!"
    He got punched in the head. Which led to the bike going out of control and him falling off, with everyone going at high speeds this means that the steambike crashes into a random building and Volcario rolls-bounce-rolls across the ground a few feet before righting himself.
    "That hurt. I mean, thats my bike y'know? Now I gotta do things on foot! boring!"
    He pointed his gun at her. He had only just came into town. What he was thinking, stocking up only on net bullets for this robbery? if all the people around here were powerful like that...he'd have to up his arsenal. or make a pure lethal gun to use when there is no other choice. Hrm. kind of random though. Good. he liked things random.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Argh!"
    He got punched in the head. Which led to the bike going out of control and him falling off, with everyone going at high speeds this means that the steambike crashes into a random building and Volcario rolls-bounce-rolls across the ground a few feet before righting himself.
    "That hurt. I mean, thats my bike y'know? Now I gotta do things on foot! boring!"
    He pointed his gun at her. He had only just came into town. What he was thinking, stocking up only on net bullets for this robbery? if all the people around here were powerful like that...he'd have to up his arsenal. or make a pure lethal gun to use when there is no other choice. Hrm. kind of random though. Good. he liked things random.
    Caelynn teleports to land on the ground as the bike crashes in a flurry of yellow petals. He'll have a few seconds to observe Caelynn's appearance before she sprints impossibly fast at him, pulling back her left arm to try and concussion-punch him!
    Come at me,
    And you'll see,
    I'm more then meets the eye

Caelynn sings as she sprints.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-25 at 09:20 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

"WAH!"
    His trigger-finger reacts and shoots the net-bullet at her, while he tries to jump out of the way. What was her problem!? Its not as if he did anything to her! He was just procuring a few things relatively non-violently from someone else and then she turned up out of nowhere! and began punching him! How rude. She didn't even introduce herself. At least cops told him they were cops. They were professional about things. She was clearly not professional. Unless they started recruiting teleporting ninjas now. And if there was one thing he knew, it was that was that pirates and ninjas are destined to always conflict with one another. It was just the way of things. And he was a gorram pirate! Therefore she is a ninja. No doubt about it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-01-25 at 09:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

College Campus

You'd think the eclipse and the apocalypse it heralda would be a sobering thing, but at the Inside College of Engineering, the party's in full swing, with students young, old, and ageless boogying down in the full midnight.

Watching them from the rooftop of the temporal sciences building is a tall, thin man with an angular body made entirely of inky, pitch black darkness with pupilless white eyes and a cartoonish, pointy grin wider than his face. Behind him is a small group of pale skinned people looking like a cross between perky goths and death metal fans, one clings lovingly to his arm.

"Is it time, love?"

"Not yet, dear. Let them have some fun first."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #130

"WAH!"
    His trigger-finger reacts and shoots the net-bullet at her, while he tries to jump out of the way. What was her problem!? Its not as if he did anything to her! He was just procuring a few things relatively non-violently from someone else and then she turned up out of nowhere! and began punching him! How rude. She didn't even introduce herself. At least cops told him they were cops. They were professional about things. She was clearly not professional. Unless they started recruiting teleporting ninjas now. And if there was one thing he knew, it was that was that pirates and ninjas are destined to always conflict with one another. It was just the way of things. And he was a gorram pirate! Therefore she is a ninja. No doubt about it.
    Caelynn is netted!
    Too bad she teleports!
    The slightly pregnant cat faunus teleports in front of the Gorham pirate catboy and tries to concussion-punch him!
    Is she smiling?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    College Campus

You'd think the eclipse and the apocalypse it heralda would be a sobering thing, but at the Inside College of Engineering, the party's in full swing, with students young, old, and ageless boogying down in the full midnight.

Watching them from the rooftop of the temporal sciences building is a tall, thin man with an angular body made entirely of inky, pitch black darkness with pupilless white eyes and a cartoonish, pointy grin wider than his face. Behind him is a small group of pale skinned people looking like a cross between perky goths and death metal fans, one clings lovingly to his arm.

"Is it time, love?"

"Not yet, dear. Let them have some fun first."
    He may notice something moving on the belltower's side. Should he be able to see well in the dark (which one supposes he might, being made of darkness and all) he'll see a moth-person scuttling about the brick structure. Though folded, her wings' pattern is recognizable: beige shot through with iridescent blues and a white band, the colors of the female Ascalapha Odorata.
    Which means, most likely, he's just found the hitwoman Black Witch.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Deadwood Robbery

Probably not smiling. Therefore Ninja. Ninjas are not known for their smiles.

He snaps his fingers and suddenly springs burst out of his boots to launch him into the air with a Boing

"Ok, so your clearly a ninja, your clearly mad for some reason, and you are trying to punch me. I can only conclude that your one of the members of a ninja clan I ticked off in the past."
    He said as touched then, then Boing'd back into the air again.
    "Look if its about that loud blonde guy, he had it coming. Guy seriously lost his cool over like what, noodles? He got what he deserved."
    What he deserved being forced to hop around in a bunny suit for six and half days trying to get the key to get out of it. Only fitting punishment for a ninja trying attack him over ramen.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-01-25 at 09:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    He may notice something moving on the belltower's side. Should he be able to see well in the dark (which one supposes he might, being made of darkness and all) he'll see a moth-person scuttling about the brick structure. Though folded, her wings' pattern is recognizable: beige shot through with iridescent blues and a white band, the colors of the female Ascalapha Odorata.
    ... why's a person in a green trenchcoat and black clothes with a shotgun on her back and cat ears climbing the belltower?

Deadwood Robbery

Probably not smiling. Therefore Ninja. Ninjas are not known for their smiles.

He snaps his fingers and suddenly springs burst out of his boots to launch him into the air with a Boing

"Ok, so your clearly a ninja, your clearly mad for some reason, and you are trying to punch me. I can only conclude that your one of the members of a ninja clan I ticked off in the past."
    He said as touched then, then Boing'd back into the air again.
    "Look if its about that loud blonde guy, he had it coming. Guy seriously lost his cool over like what, noodles? He got what he deserved."
    What he deserved being forced to hop around in a bunny suit for six and half days trying to get the key to get out of it. Only fitting punishment for a ninja trying attack him over ramen.
    What the Hell are you talking about? I'm not a ninja. Caelynn, Huntress and member of HALO. And it's either that or firing shotgun slugs at you.
    She replies, sprinting to try and tackle him
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-25 at 09:43 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tenebra, dear, any clue why a hitwoman would be here?" Jack scratches at his chin.

"No, love. Do...do I need to do something about it? Is she-" Tenebra quivers a little at the thought of a fight, still not used to the freedom Jack has granted her people.

"No, no. I'll get someone to talk to her."

Out of the shadows near the moth woman, a large, unnaturally proportioned being with a rictus grin and curling horns pulls himself from his home dimension and waves, trying to get her attention. A bogeyman!

"Urgh, 'scuze me, mizz! Ahny pahrtic'lahr reezon yoor heeyah?"

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Deadwood Robbery

What the Hell are you talking about? I'm not a ninja. Caelynn, Huntress and member of HALO. And it's either that or firing shotgun slugs at you.
    She replies, sprinting to try and tackle him
    "Are you SURE your not a ninja? your fast and martial arts enough for it. That and the universe tends to make people ninjas if they are similar enough."
    He Boings into the air again. He was bouncing all over the place!
    "Though if your not jumping really high at me, you might just be a normal karate person. But even then, most of those guys are ninjas anyways, for a certain fluid definition of ninja. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to escape from you."
    He then bounces in the direction of the rooftops, trying to get away by bouncing on top of them out of her reach.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-01-25 at 10:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Deadwood Robbery

"Are you SURE your not a ninja? your fast and martial arts enough for it. That and the universe tends to make people ninjas if they are similar enough."
    He Boings into the air again. He was bouncing all over the place!
    "Though if your not jumping really high at me, you might just be a normal karate person. But even then, most of those guys are ninjas anyways, for a certain fluid definition of ninja. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to escape from you."
    He then bounces in the direction of the rooftops, trying to get away by bouncing on top of them out of her reach.
    I can teleport and have boosted speed, I'm not a ninja!
    Caelynn tries to teleport over to grab onto him!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[College]
    The Black Witch is well-known in certain circles for her sheer ruthlessness and willingness to gas whole floors of buildings for the sake of her contracts, as well as occasionally stabbing people in the brain with her proboscoid tongue.

This does not change the fact that she squeaks in surprise, and it is adorable.
    Antennae wiggling, she frowns at the bogeyman. I'm stuck here on stakeout watching these idiots have their idiot party. Wouldn't be here if the money weren't as good as it is...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

[College]
    The Black Witch is well-known in certain circles for her sheer ruthlessness and willingness to gas whole floors of buildings for the sake of her contracts, as well as occasionally stabbing people in the brain with her proboscoid tongue.

This does not change the fact that she squeaks in surprise, and it is adorable.
    Antennae wiggling, she frowns at the bogeyman. I'm stuck here on stakeout watching these idiots have their idiot party. Wouldn't be here if the money weren't as good as it is...
    Ark finally climbs up behind Black Witch.
    Hello person!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[College]

The bogeyman nods like a man who really only nods because he wants to pretend to be smart, "Okay, okay...Yoor, ahmm...not plannin' to murder nithin', are ya?"

And then Ark appears!

"Oh boy, yoor not killin' too, right?"
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2014-01-25 at 10:10 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[College]
    The moth lady squeaks in annoyance. Trust me, if I were allowed to kill these people, they'd all be sucking nerve gas right now.

Suddenly, another person bothering her! She's not happy about this.
    Hush, adults are talking about mass murder too good to be true.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141

[College]
    The moth lady squeaks in annoyance. Trust me, if I were allowed to kill these people, they'd all be sucking nerve gas right now.

Suddenly, another person bothering her! She's not happy about this.
    Hush, adults are talking about mass murder too good to be true.
    Mass murder? Really? Can I join? I love mass murder!
    Ark replies gleefully.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-25 at 10:21 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

College

The bogeyman waves and shakes his head frantically.

"Yool ruin the plan! No killing' tonight!"

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

I can teleport and have boosted speed, I'm not a ninja!
    Caelynn tries to teleport over to grab onto him!
    He is caught and falls, crashing onto a roof on his back.
    "aaaaaaagh......dunno....sounds sort of ninja-ish to me. Ninjas are not known for being slow buggers, y'know? and some...ho, some move so fast they might as well be teleporting y'know?"
    He contemplated his options as he lay under her. He could try kicking her, but she looks kind of pregnant. And he was pretty sure kicking an unborn baby was a good way to lose his loveable rogue status and go full what was it called, by those adventurers he once met? Chaotic Evil he believed was the term. and they were good friends of his, real trustworthy and he wouldn't want to disappoint his friends. Even if they had funny ideas about how the universe works like everything being morally sorted into nine categories.
    "But hey maybe your right, maybe your not a ninja. However you do look kind of pregnant, which tells me you probably have a significant other! and I doubt he/she would be too happy if I did this"
    He then tried to kiss her, then tried to take advantage of the confusion and slip out of her grip.

24. - Top - End - #144

He is caught and falls, crashing onto a roof on his back.
    "aaaaaaagh......dunno....sounds sort of ninja-ish to me. Ninjas are not known for being slow buggers, y'know? and some...ho, some move so fast they might as well be teleporting y'know?"
    He contemplated his options as he lay under her. He could try kicking her, but she looks kind of pregnant. And he was pretty sure kicking an unborn baby was a good way to lose his loveable rogue status and go full what was it called, by those adventurers he once met? Chaotic Evil he believed was the term. and they were good friends of his, real trustworthy and he wouldn't want to disappoint his friends. Even if they had funny ideas about how the universe works like everything being morally sorted into nine categories.
    "But hey maybe your right, maybe your not a ninja. However you do look kind of pregnant, which tells me you probably have a significant other! and I doubt he/she would be too happy if I did this"
    He then tried to kiss her, then tried to take advantage of the confusion and slip out of her grip.
    He succeeds at distracting. She's rather stunned.
    Hey!
    Caelynn tries to tackle and pin him again after he escapes!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    College

The bogeyman waves and shakes his head frantically.

"Yool ruin the plan! No killing' tonight!"
    The moth lady rolls her eyes. Trust me, my job is not to kill anyone.
    Yet.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

The moth lady rolls her eyes. Trust me, my job is not to kill anyone.
    Yet.
    Really? Because I'm 97.65625% sure you're an assassin.
    Ark replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

He succeeds at distracting. She's rather stunned.
    Hey!
    Caelynn tries to tackle and pin him again after he escapes!
    Boing
    And there he goes into the air again. Oh no, he is not going to get pinned again. Not if he can help it. He quickly switched out his net bullets. They clearly won't work for this opponent. He fished into his bullet pouch, what would work against her without killing her- AH! There we go. He put the new bullets in.
    He then fired a few bullets at her as started to descend, they turned into copper fists as they flew forwards, a soft metal of course.
    "I knew stealing that fist ammo design from Green Arrow would come in handy..."

28. - Top - End - #148

Boing
    And there he goes into the air again. Oh no, he is not going to get pinned again. Not if he can help it. He quickly switched out his net bullets. They clearly won't work for this opponent. He fished into his bullet pouch, what would work against her without killing her- AH! There we go. He put the new bullets in.
    He then fired a few bullets at her as started to descend, they turned into copper fists as they flew forwards, a soft metal of course.
    "I knew stealing that fist ammo design from Green Arrow would come in handy..."
    Caelynn is arrow-punched!
    Hey bastard, catch!
    She tosses at him a red crystal. Dust.
    She then shoots it, causing it to likely blow up in his face and unbalance him.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Deadwood Robbery

"Ooooooh, pretty...."
    The dust crystal explodes and knocks him off balance with the explosion, sending him flying.
    "OOOOOOooh, PRETTIER!"
    he said as he marveled at the explosion. Then crashed into a wall.
    He tried to pick himself up, muttering to himself.
    "Freaking ninja....explosions are a pirate thing..."
    But he had sustained too much injury, and collapsed.
    "Ooooooooooowwwww...."

30. - Top - End - #150

Deadwood Robbery

"Ooooooh, pretty...."
    The dust crystal explodes and knocks him off balance with the explosion, sending him flying.
    "OOOOOOooh, PRETTIER!"
    he said as he marveled at the explosion. Then crashed into a wall.
    He tried to pick himself up, muttering to himself.
    "Freaking ninja....explosions are a pirate thing..."
    But he had sustained too much injury, and collapsed.
    "Ooooooooooowwwww...."
    Caelynn teleports over!
    For the last Goddamm time, I'm not a ninja!
    By the way...

Caelynn crouches down to face him.
    Try Skyside next time. No pesky laws there.
    The cat Faunus stands up and tries to drag him back to the shop.
    That's going to take a while.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show