New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] A World-Building Game of People & Discovery

[Fluff pending…]

OOC note: Of course regardless of how you interpret these actions IC, I'd just like to clarify OOC that Tar is not planning any militarily aggressive moves on nearby player-controlled regions at this time and the common army-raising of my beginning round is just to get caught up a bit.

Spoiler
    Show

~ Actions ~

[1] – Curiosity: Diplomatic/explorer mission to Region 28

Chief Talon Char has sent a mission of shrewd diplomats and hardened adventurers across the lake on a fleet of gondolas laden with trading goods, accompanied by several fierce warriors for protection, in an effort to establish benign trade contacts with any possible inhabitants of the lucrative Salt Flats with long-term colonial ambitions.

[2] – Military: Mobilize 1,000 soldiers (land)
    [3] – Military: Mobilize 1,000 soldiers (land)
    [4] – Military: Mobilize 1,000 soldiers (land)

Haven't decided on a fifth action yet. No secret moves so far.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Weiss gives birth to 2 children: Seras in 347, Jaune in 346

Spoiler
    Show

1:Send 1000 troops to conquer northern caverns.
    2: Weiss awards painter with 1000 gold
    3: Diplomatic envoy sent to Razdis to request for aid.
    4: Envoy sent to Heartwastes to attempt to aid Heartwaste
    5: Raise 1000 troops
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-02-09 at 03:30 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Raaneka, the Painted Lands
    ((Attribute Increases Last Round: Military +1, Curiosity +1))

Year 346
    [Secret Curiosity 5 Action]

Lady and Lord watched the many-colored storm rage. "It is the omen for which we hoped," they said in unison. "Now is the time."

Twin sons are born to the Lady and Lord! Finicky and weak boys, light brown of hair and gray of eye, named Jura and Avam Devdano. Brothers and sister concerned.

Year 347
    Rejoice! In the summer of 347, on the longest days of the year, the Raaneki Games shall be played in the city of Sarab, to celebrate all manner of bravery and athleticism. Every nation is welcome to partake of our hospitality and of our fabled wine.

The Pact of the Rising Sun
    Spoiler
    Show
    A pact to ensure all allied realms with economic advantages and mutual security on the world stage. New membership granted only by unanimous vote of all allied realms.
    • Establish The Dawn League, an alliance of mutual defense, open borders, trade, and technology sharing by specific agreement between Lyradis, Qarimos, Raaneka, and Razdis.
    • Lyradis will act as envoy to the Grand Coalition.
    • Raaneka will act as envoy to the Union of the North.
    • Razdis will act as envoy to the Silver Pact.
    • Establish ongoing trade of Lyrian Clay for Raaneki Wine.
    • Establish ongoing trade of Lyrian Grain for Razdisi Coal.
      • Ongoing trade of Lyrian Grain for Razdisi Stone declared void.
    • Establish ongoing trade of Qarimosi Ships for Raaneki Sandstone.
    • Establish ongoing trade of Raaneki Lumber for Razdisi Iron.
    • Establish ongoing trade of Razdisi Iron for Qarimosi Ships.

A daughter is born to the Lady and Lord! A curious babe, red of hair and blue of eye, named Anguri Adite. Sister pleased, brothers conflicted.

Year 348
    So that the spirits of the Raaneki might forever soar above our land, Lady and Lord decree that all ancestral shrines be affixed with streaming kites. May all meditate upon their hovering flight, and share in this wisdom with kith and kin. The most excellent truths gleaned from this study shall earn three years' store of the finest royal vintages.

Lord Devdan leaned forward. "Only by yearning like a tethered kite may we hope to do honor to those who came before us."

Year 349
    So that we might drink deeper of the world before us, may all Raaneki learn the ways of the new beasts from Crima beyond the sea, horses. Those who prove greatest in feats of agility and leaping with their horses shall receive high honors from Lady and Lord.

"Master them," Lady Aditi said to the assembly. "You must be ready for far greater things!"

Prince Tikta Satato grows into manhood. His first tattoo is a black star around his left eye. He proves himself a daring horseman.

Year 350
    To add to the beauty of the Raaneki and to enrich our culture, Lord and Lady decree that the secret of safely dyeing the flesh must be unlocked. He or she who succeeds shall receive their weight in treasure.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1. [SECRET] (Curiosity 5)
    2. Conduct the Raaneki Games in the city of Sarab. (Diplomacy)
      • Make the Pact of the Rising Sun (see spoiler above).
      • Establish ongoing trade of Raaneki Wine and Lumber for Crimar Horses.
      • Establish ongoing trade of Raaneki Sandstone for Scla'Ca Gold.
    3. Develop Kite technology. (Curiosity)
    4. Develop Horse Jumping technology. (Curiosity)
    5. Develop Dye technology. (Curiosity)

((Attribute increases this round: Curiosity +2))
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-02-15 at 05:17 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Stat increases from last round: +1 Curiosity, +1 Military

346: 1: Emboldened by his success to the South, Prince Hazael petitions to lead another expedition across the mountains to the South-West. Reluctantly, the King agrees and watches his heir depart to the unknown yet again.

Celebrations erupted across Ashenia this year as there were numerous births in the royal family. Princess Idrisa, may she abandon her treason, gave birth to twin boys (non-identical) she named Hazael after her father and Korath after her grandfather. Meanwhile, Princess Mira gave birth to a daughter she named Israna.
    However, sad news came as well. The King's long standing Marshall, Oriel Severad, succumbed to the weak heart he had been battling for many years. The King enters mourning and for a year is seen only in black clothing with his hair unbraided and uncombed, an honour rarely bestowed on non-royalty.

347: 2: After a teary farewell, Princess Kateline departs Ashenia for Bordeux to marry Lord David's nephew, Nathaniel. Though he is nine years her junior, she hopes that their marriage will be, if not a happy one, at least an amicable one. She takes with her twenty white horses laden with silver, woven carpets and books as a dowry.

348: 3: With the discovery of uninhabited and exploitable lands to the South, the King of Ashenia authorises an expedition of one thousand light cavalry and an equal number of civilians to move South and attempt to secure the territory for Ashenia. The job will be difficult due to the salt flats, but the terrain of the foothills is more amenable to the ancient Ashenite occupation of herding and it is hoped that further South land more amenable to farming might be found. In honour of their King and the Prince who discovered the region, the land is named Hazaria.

Princess Mira gives birth to a second daughter. She names the child Jalinda.

5: 350: Another Royal Wedding.

As seventeen years previously, the occasion of a marriage between the royalty of Ashenia and the royalty of a foreign land engendered much excitement. True, such weddings were reasonable common, but this was only the second to take place within Ashenia, and rumour was that the foreign prince in question was possessed of an unearthly countenance.
    Alas, procedures were dampened by Princess Idrisa's imprisonment within the Emrid Palace, making the traditional wedding feast a much smaller affair held on the lawn before the Rotan Palace. Still, Prince Varel, who was every bit as exotically handsome as expected, and Princess Zhela dined together at the head of the table, waited on by brightly attired servants and entertained by musicians and dancers.
    Strangely enough though, the traditional silverware was discarded for that evening in favour of a much older set of steel...

After the traditional five days apart, a procession set out for the Rotan Palace. Flanked by standard bearers and mounted on a black horse caparisoned with silver silk, Prince Varel led the procession. Following behind him were twenty mounted guards and behind them, his servants on grey horses and monks bearing candles. Dancers, musicians and acrobats brought up the rear of the procession, whirling through the streets as they did.
    As usual, the procession dispersed to prepare for the evening's feast, the wedding being performed behind closed doors with the same elderly nun who had presided over the generation's previous royal weddings. Thus, they were formally and officially married.
    That evening, the feasting and dancing lasted until the early hours and Prince Varel was given numerous gifts by a populace enamoured by the strangeness of his appearance. Twenty guards and two heralds were his to command, the King and Queen of Ashenia gave him numerous pairs of fine gloves and the nobles of Ashenia and wealthy townspeople of Adrakand gifted him with silver jewellery, fine clothes, several carpets and many books.
    The King and Queen of Ashenia quietly had the silver used in his gifts replaced with steel and mithril so as to avoid insulting those who had given them and to keep his "affliction" a secret.

Spoiler
    Show
    1: An expedition led by Crown Prince Hazael heads south-west across the mountains into the unknown. [curiosity]

2: Marriage between Princess Kateline of Ashenia and Governor Nathaniel of Adessa (Bordeux) [Diplomacy]

3: Colonise region twenty-eight. [curiosity] [1/2]

4: Continue work on the Great Observatory. [curiosity] [3/4]

5: Varel of the Heartwaste and Zhela of Ashenia marry. They reside in Ashenia. [Diplomacy]
    I hope you don't mind C'nor, but I assumed he probably has a silver allergy.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-02-13 at 12:26 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Revelation
    Understanding is the first step towards freedom.
    The cycle must continue, but you must not forget.
    Revelation of Mosi, Verse 3
    4th Month, 348 C.E.
    "Recent years have been kind to us. I have met the first of my great-grandchildren. My father met his great-great-grandchildren."

Mosi looked at the peaceful corpse of his father. It had been laid gently against the base of a tree in a fruit orchard not far from Dvipabedapura. A ring of small stones outlined the body.

"But each life is finite, so we all disperse back into the world around us. In that way we give back and become something new. Cycle by cycle we coalesce and disperse each time as different beings. May the Great Ancestor hurry Elder Tendaji's return to us, and may each of us remember his life."

Mosi took a single seed from his pocket and planted it next to his father. A line formed and the spectators came up one at a time, each planting their own seed. Soon the body would be covered in vines and wildflowers. This was Genivanan tradition.

Spoiler: general events, OOC
    Show
    346: Vanavati marries.
    347: A son is born =D
    348: Another son is born =D Generator likes boys I guess; Elder Zeburi passes away.
    349:
    350: Twins, Girls =D Generator broke even.

Spoiler: Actions, WIP
    Show
    1. 3/5 Continue work on the Radurjic Codex [Faith/Curiosity]
    2. New Resourse: Usoro Mirc(AKA Usoro, Current Pepper). When consumed this pepper makes one feel connected to the world. Some describe it as being swept up in a great current, which is where it gets it's common name, the Current Pepper. [Curiosity 5]
    3. Convert more Genivanans [Faith]
    4. Convert some Celery dudes(Region 2)[Faith]
    5. Convert some Tuorkeys(Region 10)[Faith]
      Rolls for Conversions

+2 Faith =D
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-02-13 at 01:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

1. Secret [CURIOSITY]
    2. Raise 1 Land Unit (Bronze, like all of the others) [MILITARY]
    3. Raise 1 Land Unit (Using my Steel from Gunung)[MILITARY]
    4. Raise 1 Land Unit [MILITARY]
    5. My Ships in the Eastern Sea travel south to attempt to find habitable land, and/or a way to sail across the continent to the Western Ocean. [CURIOSITY]
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-02-11 at 10:05 AM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

7. - Top - End - #97

Righteous Indignation!

Fluffy part

Action 1:

"Dear, have you heard about the games they are organizing in Raaneka?"
    Helena asked her husband, who was working on deciphering a letter he got delivered a few months earlier. Translation appearently was quite hard, but he was intent on doing it by himself. Another act of a proud man trying to prove his prowess no doubt.

Marius grumbled. "What the hell is a "hovercraft" and what do eels have to do with it? What is Ashmar's name is this?"
    He looked up, realizing he was spoken to,
    "Oohh, yes dear, the games. Yes, I've heard. Sounds rather fun, doesn't it? Although I cannot go, these goblins are making my life very difficult at the moment."

Helena sighed. Marius could be very thick when he was focused on something else then the situation before him.
    "That may be true, darling, but I'm planning to go. I have not been out there for ages. Also, I think Nyllana and Iconeh are planning on coming along."

Marius finnally shifted his full attention towards the conversation: "I am content with you going, but Nyllana and Iconeh must stay here. Nyllana is the heir after all, I cant let anything happen to my lit...my daughter."

"I think she'll not be pleased hearing that dear. She has been locked up here for so long, you got to let her go once in a while."

Marius' expression became stubborn. "No is no and stays no. Nyllana stays here."

Helena sighed "Yes dear, I'll leave you to your translations then", and left the room.

*Few days later*

Helena waved goodbye to Marius at the Kasumor-Calorum border. She was going with a small entourage of the most skilled Kasumori warriors there were, to represent the Kasumori Prowess at the games. What Marius did not know however, was that something slipped his attention. Helena smiled. He would be very mad when he found out, but some things just had to happen and lately, he was acting too stubborn anyway, so this was a good lesson for him.

*Non-action*: Rejoice! Nyllana gives birth to a boy! His name is Wayve Earthguard

Action 2:

"Crystals? Really? In the kitchens?"
    Marius raised an eyebrow at the trembling, rather young scholar before him. The scholar requested an audience with the Shďnguard, claiming something was wrong, but this... this he did not expect.

"Y-y-yes sir, multiple strange crystals, around a dozen, found in the kitchen. W-w-we have no i-i-idea what they are and what they do, not even where in Ashmar's name they come from." The scholar stammered.

"Hold yourself together man, I'm not going to bite." Marius said, a little bit annoyed. "Collect all these crystals and set a team of scholars on it. See this as a chance to prove yourself. You have my permission to gather a team of ten scholars and get to the bottom of this, understood? And one more thing, keep this information secret, this might be important. Do not tell anyone, report only to me."

Amazement slowly took over the young man's face and he said, invigorated by the chance he had been given:
    "Yes Sir, I will not let you down! I'll start on it immediately!"

Marius smiled: "Good. Now then, dismissed."

Action 3:

The Norther Kasumor-Pryonia border, Year 347, first cycle of the sun, 3rd pyrith: Pride, Day of the Shield

P.S. A long story below!

Spoiler
    Show

His cloak flowed grandly in the slight breeze as his entourage readied their bows in case of trouble. He stood proudly in all the finery he could possibly have managed, his robe all in white with silvered embroidery. Even his belt shimmered a magnificent sky blue.

"I, Aristocrat Akira Shirokinu of Tekorva wish to speak with the ruler of this land if possible. However, I must warn you should any harm befall me..." ever the dramatic one, Shirokinu let the sentence trail ominously before performing a decorative bow with little depth before the Kasumori. At the risk of being rude, the guardsmen stayed standing with bows aimed.

"We come in peace with a proposition." Shirokinu looks around at all Kasumori present, attempting to hide his nervousness. He was not cut out for this.

*A few hours later*

-Shirokinu has been brought to Earthhome by dragonfly, flying over the Shintouite mountain range in all its glory. Beneath you see quarries used harvest shintouite and jagged peaks of ancient hardened shintouite. The wind ruffles his hair, his hair-tail flapping behind him as he appreciates the Views of Kasumor. The afternoon sun glistens off his clothing as the dragonflies land. A few of the party appear to be distinctly uncomfortable, but not unsteady on their feet after the short flight. Around two hours later, you reach Earthhome, a fortress city bursting with trade and life, with the Kyuden keep overlooking the city. The Inner and Outer city are clearly distinguishable. You are dropped of on the landing platform of the Kyuden, awaited by an escort. You hear music playing from the centre of the city, just below you.-

"If you would follow me, sir, we will escort you to the one who will hear your propositions."
    The leader of the escort, a man of mediocre lenght but muscular stature, said. He seems to be unintentionally tapping his foot in the rhythm of the music.

Shirokinu pauses at the attendant's lack of a bow and impatient foot-tapping, but decides to reprimand him later on it. Graciously, he quickly signals his party to remain behind aside from two individuals in plain deep gray robes with black cloth belts. Several scroll cases were secured to the sashes they wore. Behind the pair, a cowled figure in flowing red robes followed. They did not wear a belt, but instead an ornate black stole with embroidery. On close inspection, the gold embroidery appears to form words in the Ancient Writing of Tekorva.

-After this, Shirokinu is lead to a balcony on the other side of the castle, at which a table and three chairs are present.-

At the sight of the chairs, Shirokinu immediately takes a seat with the best view before crossing his ankles and relaxing slightly. The other three remained standing until a female voice floated toward them from above.
    "Good day, sir. Nice to make your acquaintence."
    A female voice said....seemingly from above. When Shirokinu looked up, you see a beautiful Cloudiz woman flying down, dressed in fine cotton clothing, wings glittering in the afternoon sun. Momentarily, Shirokinu felt confusion before looking up to see a strange woman who could fly. His party appears entranced momentarily before dropping to the floor in a full bow. When she landed on the ground, she smiled at him:
    "Pardon my unusual way of entry, sir. I was noticified only a short time before you arrived."
    She looked at the people dropped down to the floor and blushed:
    "Please please, rise up dear guests, I'm not worthy of your tributes. I am but the princess of this country, not the king."
    At this time, a man enters the balcony and waits politely at the entrance.
    Focusing her attention on Shirokinu once again, she said:
    "My name is Nyllana Earthguard, heir of Kasumor and this is my husband, Iconeh of Gunung. My father has put me in charge of hearing what you have to say and I have the full autority to make any decisions needed. So my decisions are as of now, the Shinguard's decisions."
    She beckons you to sit down in one of the chairs and then seats herself, folding her wings on her back. Iconeh also takes a seat besides her.

Shirokinu smiles and bows his head slightly after Nyllana introduces herself.
    "I see you. I am Akira Shirokinu." Shirokinu decides to keep the greeting minimal, as clearly the Kasumor had no manners. Smiling, Shirokinu looks around to the others who had finally risen from a bow. To his disgust, they were still entranced. Fortunately, Shirokinu wore his hair firmly to the right.

As she introduces her husband, Shirokinu greets him the same way before leaning back into a slightly more relaxed stance.

"Well met. We are here, intrigued by word of your fine cottons. Though let us not hurry of course. I feel that dinner is soon and we have not yet bathed. If possible, would you accomodate us?" Shirokinu is no fool and would rather have his party clear of mind and full of food. Furthermore, it would do no good to reveal too much too quickly.

It would also be unwise to reveal that he knew of the Kasumori Alchemical Components that Yuuhi so desired. Ah, the young son of Jaten was surely a prodigy!

Blinking with her eyes, she was baffled at her visitors straightforewardness, not knowing what to do, as this was her first encounter with a foreign diplomat. However, she recoved in an instant, remembering her mother's lessons. "Offcourse, a bath and food will be accomodated for you as fast as possible. If you want to follow me inside? We can talk about .... possible business when you are done."
    She stepped inside the palace, beckening a servant to arrange a warm bath and a hot plate of food. She pointed out a door to her guests, through which a big room was visible with a large table, together with a dozen chairs. "We will be waiting in the common room. Please take your time in refreshing yourself. The bathing chambers are opposite of the common room."
    She nodded to her guests and seated herself at the head of the table, Iconeh seated beside her, waiting for their food to arrive and their guests to finish.

The princess seemed off-put by something, blinking for a moment before recovering. After a very hot bath and organization of his companions, Shirokinu thought over some strategies and recalls Elder Jaten's wishes.

It was well past sunset before the People from Tekorva began seating themselves in appropriate seats in the common room. Shirokinu bows ever so slightly in recognition of the nobility in the room before beginning to speak. The Scholars had their quills at the ready and the strange fellow in a red robe leaned in close, his face still obscured by his cowl though he was indoors.

"Thank you for your hospitality." Shirokinu uses Polite Speech. It would not do to slight their hosts though their hosts slighted him first.

During the time her guests were rinsing themselves, she thought about how to best diffuse the tension. Iconeh, like always, read her thoughts and proposed:
    "You should ask them directly, dear. It's bad for diplomacy to have this kind of tension between both of the parties."
    Nyllana smiled to her husband.
    "I guess you're right, I'll do that when they return."
    After some waiting, her guests returned from the baths.
    After the leader of her guests thanked her for her hostitality, she nodded in approval and asked them to sit down.
    "Before we start, I must ask you if we slighted you in some way. I feel the tension between our people, which is unfortunate to say the least. I wish to diffuse this tension. So please, would you tell me?"
    She smiled her most beautiful smile to the group opposite of her and waited…

"Oh, no. You haven't." Shirokinu adjusts his collar and briefly looks at his shoes before focusing back on the Kasumori's collarbone. It would be rude to say otherwise, but honestly Shirokinu felt his station as an Aristocrat had not been properly recognized, his hosts had not properly greeted them and furthermore he had no idea how to properly treat the Kasumori.
    "There is no tension at all. Why do you feel thus?"

"If everything is alright in your scroll, it is alright in mine, Akira Shirokinu. I am just surprised by some of your habits. It is not very common in Kasumor to sit down and relax without permission from the host, no matter how high his status. Therefore my doubts." She sat down into her chair. "So, putting our cultural differences aside, what brings you to Kasumor, besides word of our cotton. A nobleman as I assume you are must have another reason to travel this far in person?"

Shirokinu mentally raises an eyebrow at the usage of the word 'scroll'. The Scholars have finally seated themselves so they could make proper use of a hard surface to scribble important notes.

"Well, clearly I wasn't expecting a Princess herself to handle the very beginnings of a simple trade treaty." Shirokinu pauses as the princess appears to remain silent.

She did seem to be listening despite this silence, so Shirokinu continues,
    "You're quite sharp. Indeed, tales have reached our ears of curious substances your country produces." Shirokinu raises the end of the sentence into a question in the hope the princess would respond. He would have preferred to have ironed out a trade treaty to ensure a friendship before continuing, however he would not want a potential trade partner to feel insulted by being lied to. Though of course, Shirokinu was an excellent liar, surely there were eyes in the room observing his actions.

The red robed figure leans his head to one side at the mention of 'curious substances'.

Nyllana nodded,
    "Kasumor would be honored to trade with your people. We have heard of your scholarly prowess and are eager to share our militairy prowess with your knowledge, in addition to the trade you came here for."
    At this Shirokinu merely nods subtly and softly says, "Mmm." Perhaps a little too subtly...
    When her visitors did not respond, she continued:
    "Can I be so bold to ask what you require of us, tradewise and perhaps militairy wise, and what you offer in return? We do have more cotton and components then we require ourselves, so a good, mutually beneficial agreement is certainly possible. Our countries do not have any history of violence against one another."
    After this speech, she backed into her chair, a bit red in her face of fright, fearing that she said to much, was too greedy, insulted her guests. If she messed this up, father was not going to be pleased.

Shirokinu was inwardly slightly pleased that perhaps their best hopes in this expedition would be met and more, yet he was also a little disappointed to have misstepped so badly as to embarrass the Princess Nyllana. Before the silence would stretch on uncomfortably, Shirokinu opens his mouth to speak.

"Heh." The cowled figure in red robes leaned back slightly. Shirokinu wondered why he was even there in the first place.

"Indeed. We have many valuable metals we would be willing to trade for your 'components'. We have iron, copper and zinc available. If you had not already heard of it, there is an alloy of copper and zinc called brass you may find quite useful."
    Shirokinu hopes to off-set Nyllana's straightforwardness with some of his own in an attempt to make her feel more comfortable.

"More importantly... We have been working long and hard on a secret project Elder Jaten has assigned us."
    Shirokinu was astonished the red-robed figure had such gall to interrupt such a delicate diplomatic discussion as this in such a manner. He was even using Casual Speech with the Princess!
    "With the military prowess you have mentioned, I believe you would benefit greatly from this new... project we are working on. In return, perhaps you would agree to protect Tekorva in times of war when it is not impractical for the Kasumori?"

One of the scholars used this slight pause in new things to write about to whisper in Shirokinu's ear in Formal Speech, "We are not sure the Princess speaks High Speech at all. Perhaps none of the Kasumori do. Casual Speech may be acceptable here as this fellow is using, but I do not advise it at all. Perhaps simply Polite Speech instead of Formal Speech?"

Shirokinu combs a hand through his hair before returning his attention to the Nyllana and Iconeh. He attempts to hide it, but perhaps a little of a new nervousness shows on his face.

A flash of irritation moved over Nyllana's face after the red robed person interrupted her conversation with Shirokinu.
    "And may I inquire who are you sir? It is considered very rude to interrupt a conversation without introducing yourself."
    The red-robed individual spreads his hands innocently before leaning back with no response.
    "I require you to speak a little more politely in our company, or wait outside this room for your lord to finish."
    With the stranger's silence, it may be safe to assume he will speak when and how he wishes if at all.

"Do not worry, sir Shirokinu. We are not offended or anything by this, we have seen worse. Did you ever do business with dwarves? I can't recommend dealing with them if you are very attached to your own etiquette."
    Shirokinu appears quite offended at this statement and as such a slightly awkward silence ensued. Thankfully, it was quite short.

"As for the trading of this "brass" against our alchemical components, may I inquire as for the uses of this brass metal?"
    Continuing in Formal Speech as seemed safest, though it apalled him, Shirokinu gently says, "Well, there are many and I am sure aside from the ones you already know we could provide you with a few ideas."
    Shirokinu sincerely hopes he is not dealing with a simpleton. At the very least she appears to be dealing with things with as much dignity and patience as she could muster. Shirokinu notes a quick glance to the cowled figure by Nyallana before she continued, "Also, I have to ask, as for the project and protection your companion spoke off. Do you mind telling me more, sir Shirokinu? Is it really true that you seek our protection?"

"Of course not! Truly, Tekorva is a safe nation, thus the offer means you can only win, don't you think?"
    Shirokinu felt like wringing the robed figure's neck but alas, his hands were tied. He could only imagine why Elder Jaten insisted upon his presence, but surely... Surely Elder Jaten had not wanted this. Clearly he has zero social skills. Subtly, Shirokinu attempts to indicate to the red robed figure to maintain silence throughout the rest of the meeting.

"You see, we are working on something surely of interest to such a military minded nation such as yourself. I'm afraid it is quite secret, but we shall reveal it in time. It should prove to be quite useful to you and if you wish I can return with a guarantee signed by our Aristocracy."
    Shirokinu feels their cards have been shown far too early in the dealings. This may lengthen the negotiations somewhat.

Nyllana raised her eyebrow on the notion that she already knew applications for brass. However, she did not pursue the matter. After the word of a guarantee, she held silent for a bit, deep in thought. After a short while (10 seconds or so) she said:
    "We will accept your proposal for trade, aswell as your offer of a guarantee."
    She signalled a servant, who brought her a scrollcase with parchement, together with a quill and some ink.
    "It is customary here in Kasumor for members of the royal families to write their contracts themselves. Our alchemical components against your brass, correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong."
    She scribed the agreement in an elegant handwriting on the paper.
    "Plus the guarantee, as dictated by you just now, from the Aristocracy of Tekorva."
    She laid down the quill and gave the parchment to Shirokinu, hoping she did not make any mistakes in writing up the agreement both parties proposed.
    "Do you agree, sir? After this meeting, I suggest our countries keep in touch, to further improve our relations. Maybe we can finalize even more agreements that are mutually beneficial. The Kasumori look forward working in harmony with your people."
    She then waited for Shirokinu to sign the paper.

Shirokinu politely looked out the window as the Princess thought deeply. The stars shone brightly and the better part of the night still awaited the party.

Shirokinu examines the scroll carefully before allowing the Scholars to scrutinize it. They gestured toward the scroll before jotting notes on their own. One moved as though to make some adjustments but seemed to think better of it. The figure in red crossed his arms. He seemed almost smug to Shirokinu. It boiled his blood to think the stranger almost spoiled the negotiations, but perhaps he will grudgingly admit the fellow in the red robes managed to get what his group was most interested in. It was mere coincidence that they happened to want what Elder Jaten and thus Tekorva also desired. Though it was certainly a very near thing, and the preliminary agreement of cotton for fish would have been far safer.

Finally, Shirokinu signs the paper with an offered quill and his personal brush and sky blue ink set. Feeling the meeting almost at an end, the Scholars packed their equipment away, got up and went into a full bow before Princess Nyallana and Prince Iconeh before rising slightly to back out the door. The fellow in red nodded grudgingly toward the Princess and Prince before striding out as though he were the royalty present.

Shirokinu sits pleasantly awaiting perhaps some casual conversation or snacks. A little relieved, he touches a moon-shaped bead in his beard briefly before resting his hands upon his knees comfortably.

Princess Nyallana notes the signature is both in the ornate Tekorva script and signed in Common below, 'Shirokinu Akira'. Oddly enough, the Tekorva script only used three symbols, but they appear to be little pieces of artwork by themselves.

After this discussion, the food is finally served and the rest of the afternoon/early evening is spend on fine dining and engaging in small talk.
    The morning after, the Tekorva-jin leave Kasumor, content with that they have accomplished. They are accompanied by Nyllana, Iconeh and a regiment of guards before they split ways at the Pyronian border.

Action 4:

See the Scrolls of Prowess thread

*Non Action* Rejoice! Nyllana gives birth to a girl! Her name is Paryna Earthguard!

Action 5:

Marius paced back and forth, thinking about the situation at hand. The goblin destroyed a whole unit of his armies, plus they sent a letter that did not make the least bit of sense. He was also relatively sure that "Eels in my Hovercraft" was an insult. That was the last drop, his people had to be avenged. These crazed goblins put under rule of the Kasumori, so they could be sane once more. Once he had control over Zagrim, he would send supplies and people there to improve the lifestyle of the goblins living there. He would invite the younger generation of goblins to study the Ways of Prowess at Earthhome. However, this could not happen without breaking their resistance first. He regretted it deeply, but they murdered his people without any provocation except an exploration. And seeing this letter, he doubted that diplomacy would resolve this matter. With a heavy heart, he began writing the letter to his commanders to ready the attack.

Actual Actions:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: literal translation of the goblin letter
    Show
    Shinguard, Where is the toilet?

I love you man! please write it down! Easter...Birthday...Birthday!
    Excuse me! A little! Down! Good luck Down! Good Health! I dont understand, Goodbye.
    HOW ARE YOU SHINGUARD!

WELCOME! WHY DO I HAVE EELS ON MY HOVERCRAFT?!

Oh do you speak Kernewek? Kernewek Son of your mother, do you speak it? Why dont you understand! I don't understand, I dont understand.

Greetings, Strange Goblin

P.S. Bon voyage

Action 1: Attend the Raaneki Games. At the games Leona is betrothed to Rion from Celero.(Dip)

Action 2: Instruct scholars to investigate the crystals found in the palace kitchens. Every one of them reports directly to the Shďnguard if they found something of importance about the crystals. If anything comes out of it, please keep the information private (PM or Skype), because the results are kept secret.(Cur)

Action 3: Betrothe Riphal to the Tekorvan Princes Kokuei (黒影) and finalize diplomatic, militairy and trade relations with Tekerva. (Fish-Cotton, Alchemical-Brass) (Diplo)

Action 4: Begin writing the Scrolls of Prowess (Mil)

Action 5: Attack the Goblin (NPC) country of Zagrim with 4000 troops with the intend of taking it over. (Mil) (Militairy result: 20)
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-03-05 at 05:13 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Actions!

1 [Curiousity]: Expanding both main ports to accomodate Sea Faring Vessels and Construction of them. Creating a Razdissi District within each, which will be populated by the Razdissi, and used for trade.
    2 [Diplomacy]: Attend the The Raaneki Games! Events with in the action:
    • Creation of:
      • The Dawn League: (An Alliance to provide all allied realms with economic advantages and mutual security on the world stage.)
        • Establish an alliance of mutual defense, open borders, trade, and technology sharing (on a by-permission basis) between Lyradis, Qarimos, Raaneka, and Razdis.
        • Establish ongoing trade of Lyradissian Clay for Raaneki Wine.
        • Establish ongoing trade of Lyradissian Grain for Razdissi Coal.

3 [Curiousity]: Create a unit of Sea Faring vessels. They are outfitted to be a part of the Navy, but intended for exploration and diplomacy.
    4: Secret Action
    5 [Diplomacy]: Lord Gareth names his daughter, Lyra Serendel as the first Lady of Lyradis.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-02-15 at 10:13 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

ACTION JONES!

Spoiler
    Show

1. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry (Mil)
    2. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry (Mil)
    3. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry (Mil)
    4. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry (Mil)
    5. Join the Grand Coalition (Dip)
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Year 346
    [Faith Special][5]
    New religion - Cult of the Sky (organized)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Mighty spirits of nature, lead our steps. Here at stone from the sky, Scla´ca people calls you. Accept this sacrifice and show us your will."

Large lizardfolk, covered in colourful feather, cutted throat of monkey and let flow its blood on big black stone. Then, shamans from other tribes made their sacrifices, until the stone was covered with blood. Kach´tu stood on the top of stone and watched thousands of lizardfolk, who witnessed the ritual of The Sky Stone. He was a bit nervous, he never liked blood, but he had to stand still. This was his big day, and he couldn´t afford to ruin it.He saw that shamans already finished their sacrifices and now they drank special potion, which should connect them with spirits of nature. He was the last one who drank it. Potion was bit bitter, but he drank it down.

His head was little bit tingling, but he could handle it. Shamans were dancing under his feet, and he watched them with interest. Suddenly he could see that crowds of lizardfolk, who watched them, slowly disapeared. There was only he and stone, rest of the world was gone. He watched plains around him surprised, but then the sky itself has spoken.
    "Kach´tu I´m the sky. Long time ago, you exchanged your blood for my protection. I have protected you and you lived in peace. But times changed, mighty civilizations are forming in the North and monsters are waking up in deep forests of South. Future wont be time for the weak. May Gon´tu, the biggest of your shamans, be first of shamans and lead your steps. Worship me and I will protect you. Now wake up!"

When he woke up, he was lying on The Sky Stone. He stood up and shouted to the crowd: "Spirit of sky had shown me his will. From now all lizardfolk are under his protection. Let´s spread this glorious news!"

Year 347
    [Diplomacy][4]
    We will attend Raaneki games.

Year 348
    [MILITARY][2]
    Raise 1000 foot soldiers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two lizardfolk were wrestling in small arena. It was part of ritual of adulthood, so they were pretty fierce. Finally one of them was able to get his opponent to the ground. Audience in arena started to shout:" Na´dachta´ge´nun!" Winner recieved decorated spear and shield and both competitors vacated areny. This Ritual was special, because Kach´tu, chief of Scla´ca was present. He watched fight with smile, and now he had spoken: " Young man of Scla´ca, you have proved that you are worth to call yourself Scla´ca. Now you are fighting each other, but one day, you will fight together in mighty army of Scla´ca. You have proved, that you are men, but you will have to provide, that Scla´ca warrior´s good reputation isn´t lie. Come with me and I will give you fame and glory!"
    That day, many young lizardfolk from that tribe, came to Kach´tu and promised him obedience.
    This was only one recruiting trip he made, in order to get best Scla´ca warriors under his command.

Year 349
    [MILITARY][2]
    Raise 1000 foot soldiers

Year 350
    [Curiosity][2]
    We will establish new port city on the coast of sea. Due to lack of stone, it will be built from wood. We don´t have technologies of ocean-faring ships, so it will serve for coastal trade.
    (Round 1/2)

Rest of fluff will come soon.
    edit: Edited action in year 349. I noticed that I can´t spread religion established in this same round.
    edit2: Year 349 changed again. Very eventful year.
    Last edited by Shnur; 2014-02-15 at 01:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

The Jeweled Cities Round 4 (346-350) actions:

#1[Curiosity] : Continue Great Project for Naval Academy (Curiosity, round 2 of 4)
    #2 [military]: Build 1 unit of naval ships & crew (1000 man equivalent)
    #3[faith]: Restructure Ruling Council to give the Shaman’s of the Wild greater power(Faith Increase event)
    #4[?]: Trade / military assistance Negotiations (parters being discussed)
    #5[?]: secret.

Narrative Fluff accompanying actions
    Spoiler: #1
    Show

”We are gathered here on this fair evening to dedicate this site to one of our most beloved citizens. Eunice Lovell Wentworth was a deeply spiritual and caring woman. Known as Lovey to all she called friends, her patience and guidance are evident everywhere we islanders turn. Cousins,” Jonas paused, and looked around the assembled crowd. He took time to stare at the assembled Shamans, one for each of the spirit worlds. He wanted them to clearly understand his meaning.

”Cousins,” he repeated, ”Lovey saw a bright future for all of us islanders. She wanted peace and harmony as well as trade and growth. For ten years, she was the North Star for all of us. So it is only fitting ad proper that today we dedicate this observatory in her name.”

The crowd applauded, even the shamans politely clapping along. ”Upon this piece of levelled volcanic shelf, upon the edge of Big Boy staring out across the great sea, we shall anchor our knowledge of the skies.” Jonas stepped forward and grasped a long bamboo pole. Upon the top was a clear glass disk. He placed it into a hole drilled into the rock, just as the sun reached the horizon. Twisting it slightly, the lens concentrated the setting sun into a bright point on a large slab of rock, etched with many geometric forms familiar to those who navigate the seas.

The ceremony complete, the party began. Jonas mingled with the crowd, both tempering and stoking their enthusiasm. It would take years for the observatory to be fully developed. The shamans insisted on an open- air, stone form, in addition to the main building. They were happy honoring their beliefs in such a manner. Jonas was glad for the chance to document and study the skies without their religious interference.

Spoiler: #2
    Show

The outrigger canoe maneuvered slowly through the tight confines. Thick mangroves competed with rocky shoals along both sides of the deep channel. This far into the grand banks, the current was fierce, threaning to push the small boat into danger. Still, the two paddlers did their best, intent on impressing the passengers of the boat. Looking back, Jonas saw his two daughters shamelessly flirting with the two young men. Their mother had taught them well.

His focus returned to the ships he was here to inspect. Deep within the grand banks lie their secluded shipyards. Carved from coral and bedrock, carefully supported above the floodline, a new flotilla of ships were in process. Gil Egan was directing the efforts, everything from sail construction and rope braiding to timber shaping and overall design. This would be the first group to come out of the combined knowledge of a generation of sailors, the first true ships of the Jeweled Cities. He had already spent several weeks at their Academy. It was taking shape even as it was training sailors and officers. He even lectured their navigators, imparting some of his knowledge to them.

Something caught his eye. Off to one side, he spotted a Shaman of the Wild carving at a tree trunk. He bellowed for Gil as the outrigger came to the shore.

”What in the name of the four winds is that fool doing?

Gil seemed unconcerned. ”Well, skipper, there was a small accident with a couple of mainmasts…”

”Little buddy, what did you do now?””Well, see I didn’t see the rope, you see, well that it was tied to the support, and I pulled, and then, well it was in the current before I could do anything, and then it got wedged in the berm protecting bay number 4, and then there was all the water we suddenly needed to deal with…”

Jonas removed his hat and soundly whomped the littler man over the head with it several times until his got control of his anger. Once again hurricane Gil Egan had struck. It was hardly unexpected. ”Never mind that. What does your latest self-inflicted disaster have to do with HIM?” he said angrily, pointing at the Shaman.

”Well, the Shamans agreed to replace the wood if they were allowed to carve totems for each ship. See, we can work them in along the center wall of the main cabin.” Gil pointed to a section indicated on one of the design plans laid out on a nearby worktable. ”It will look out across the main deck, but not be in the way. All we have to do is….”

Jonas listened as Gil laid out his changes. It did make sense, and solved the problem. Slowly, his anger faded. Gil might be clumsy, and prone to accidents and disasters of all sorts, but he was quite clever in solving them. It seemed the ship building was in good hands after all.

Spoiler: #3
    Show

The Coral Skipper, the flagship of the Jeweled Cities, rode uneasily on the choppy waters. Far to the south, a storm of considerable size was brewing. The Shamans claimed the spirits of the water and air were at war. Others, more rational, saw a seasonal hurricane forming.

Inside the main cabin, the atmosphere was no less turbulent. After months of searching, it became clear that The Gambler, and its Captain the man known as the Blue Monkey, was gone. Somehow, it had become separated from the rest of the trade fleet and went missing. All crew were decleared lost. But that wasn’t the end of the tragedy. A water Shaman known simply as Feather was lost as well. Jonas wouldn’t have considered it much of a loss, except he knew who Featehr really was. He was Eunice’s eldest son. Poor Eunice had some kind of seizure when she heard the news. She lingered for a time, but then passed.

Both the Shamans and the ship captains reacted badly to this turn of events. Some took it as a sign from the spirit world that Jonas’ expansionist policy was doomed, other shamans saw the water reclaiming one of its own as a powerful omen of bad things to come. The independent-minded sailors saw it as an attempt to eliminate rivals. The Blue Monkey was a primary proponent of turning back to full scale piracy. The raids of his crew along the coastline had brought much needed materials back to the islands in the last few years. Heward was suspected of being the one who rigged the Test a few years back. It was, in their minds, highly suspect.

When Gil Egan and Mary-Ann Summer’s declared they were leaving the council as well, it was the ‘last barrel that tipped the boat’ Jonas had to do something, and there was only one thing he could do. He opened the council to general election. The Cities of Turquoise, Amber, and Opal each were given one seat to fill. Amber made its decision quickly. An air Shaman by the name of Whisper joined the Council. She was a middle-aged woman, with fair looks and a quiet demeanor. Despite this, her words carried great weight. The City of Turquoise spent months deciding. Uncounted blood was spilled and treasure spent. Eventually, however, a sailor by the name of Samhell Bellami, aka Black Sam, was chosen. He was one of the Blue Monkey’s chief lieutenants, and a villain to the core. Despite this, he too had strong ties to the Shamans, richly bribing the spirits to assuage his guilty conscience. Lastly, Pauline, aka Pauly Feathers, was chosen by the City of Opal, which was a surprise to everyone. She recently had chosen to step down from the Captaincy of the White Osprey, turning it over to her son, and settle down in a tavern. Now, she was on the council.

It was a contentious meeting. Distrust fueled Whisper and Black Sam. They resented Gil being out in charge of the shipyards and Mary Ann being sent off on a diplomatic mission to the continent. Ginger and Pauly Feathers couldn’t come to an agreement if their lives depended upon it. They had long standing issues, and Ginger was convinced that Pauly should be disqualified because “The Professor” Roy Hinckley was from Opal. Black Sam, Pauly Feathers, and ‘the Skipper” as they called Jonas, all had varying ideas on the role of their sea-going ships, and Thrustone thought they were all crazy, and they should re-invest in mining the vast resources on New Boy. Whisper distrusted the dwarf for no other reason than his inability to swim, evidently.

In the end Jonas managed to keep a power block from forming against him, for now. His vision for the Jeweled Cities would continue. There was no denying the power of the Shaman’s had increased however. Their desires would become ever more prominent in the politics of the Jeweled Cities.

Spoiler: #4
    Show

The Jewelled Cities will take up the task of patrolling and protecting the shores of any member state of the Union of the Northwest from any who would threaten the safety and livelihood of their citizens. Furthermore, the Jewelled Cities will take up the task of safeguarding merchant shipping and the assistance of any ship in distress where it is practicable to do so.
    The Jewelled Cities reserve the right to forego or support any offensive actions taken by the Union of the Northwest as they merit to be in their best interests.
    The Union of the Northwest will allow for the formation of an independent base of operations in the city of Ryazen Bay within the Khalifate of Crima. The Jewelled Cities will fully fund and provision this base. In addition, they will pay an annuity of Precious Stones to the Khalifate as rental for the land, which shall remain sovereign territory of the Khalifate and subject to its laws. The Khalifate will retain the right to order the base dismantled and the patrol ships stationed there by the Jewelled Cities to leave should they choose, in forfeit of the annuity.
    The Union of the Northwest will provide one annual sum in Lumber to the Jewelled Cities for the construction and maintenance of the patrol fleet.
    The members of the Union of the Northwest agree to the establishment of permanent diplomatic missions by the Jewelled Cities within their borders and to the free movement of the peaceful representatives thereof.

Additionally, the Union of the North requests that the Jewelled Cities assist us in aiding the people of the Heartwaste and Eyrecradia due to their recent tragedy by agreeing to the transportation of shipments of timber across the sea for a period of ten years.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-02-17 at 10:12 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hezen Quarry, Crima]

The time had come in Crima for the High Chieftain himself to inspect some of the schools in production. It had taken fifteen years for the groundwork to set in and the first of them to begin functioning, but that was quickly accelerating! With more and more people, even peasants, having some access to knowledge, finding people with the knowhow and scholarly interest necessary to teach the next generation became easier and easier.

From what he'd seen, Umajin was impressed with the progress. Perhaps even more impressive was that some of the younger peasants had thought to put up signs on the roads, since people capable of reading were becoming common enough that they were actually useful. Ashenian books were becoming more and more popular in Cree as well, with its wealth in both precious metals and knowledge. Perhaps best of all, men and women raised on the wisdom of Cree's throne were perhaps more loyal and considerate of the state's needs than ever before, and respectful to boot!

The man dared to hope that he'd live to see this project to the end, as even now it was only halfway finished and would take another decade to do so. Still, if a few educated peasants were capable of doing so much on their own, he could only imagine what a whole population would be like! He was hardly the only person in the world interested in furthering the cause of learning, of course, but only Bordeux had dared to follow his lead in educating everyone.

Perhaps that was why Lord Bordeux and Umajin had been so easily able to agree on a marriage proposal between the High Chieftain and Lady Delia: Both of them knew that Crima needed an heir and Delia needed to marry before she became too old, of course, but the both of them also knew that inextricably bringing their nations together in such a way would be stronger than any trade, and uniting two of the greatest centers of learning in the world could only benefit everyone involved.

However, that was not why Umajin and his retainer had come to Khater Pass, though admittedly it was why they were within a day's ride of it. A report had come from this region of a mining operation gone wrong (though the details were vague at best), and it does tend to boost morale when even the Royalty actually goes out and actually does something productive.

So he'd mustered what he could and rode here, ready to follow the road until he reached Hezen Tarkha's Quarry.

The trek was not difficult, but the sight that greeted him was odd. Rather than a busy stone-mining quarry, as expected, he saw a cloud of black creatures shrieking in the night! Sighing, he gave the order to fire into the swarm, which dispersed it readily.

After a few hours of investigation, as the sun's morning rays began to peek over the mountain, Umajin and his retinue had gathered enough evidence to illustrate a fairly clear sequence of events: One of the miners had broken through a wall into a previously undiscovered cavern, and the noise of the mining awoke what might have been the largest roost of bats in the world. The High Chieftain smiled nevertheless: This particular quarry might have been rendered unusable, but Hezen Tarkha might have run into a goldmine: Bat meat is a delicacy in Crima, but now might become a popular dish, and their leavings reportedly make excellent fertilizer for the crops in the south.

Perhaps this was a sign of some sort? A bat is an odd sort of creature, after all, flying like birds but furred rather than feathered, eating with teeth rather than beak, and roosting in swarms rather than flocks. Perhaps the Bat is the true chosen creature of the Sky, just as the Horse is chosen of Earth and Man chosen of Fire?

If horses ride under the sun
    And bats hunt in the silent night
    If all life is bound into one
    Man is balance, life in twilight

As that poem passed through the schools and as the generations passed, the bat would become almost as important to Crima's culture as the horse, acting as simple couriers, scouts, and even hunting companions in the manner that other cultures would use falcons. By the year 349, a bat's wing would appear upon Crima's royal crest next to the horseshoes.

Show

1) [Grand Project 3/5] Build Crima a Public Schooling System! (Curiosity)
    2) [Curiosity 5] Discover a new resource: Bats! (Curiosity)
    3) Umajin attends the Raaneki Games! A trade agreement of horses for wine and lumber from Raaneka is rolled into this, as discussed via PM. (Diplomacy)
    4) Secret
    5) Observe the Marriage of Lady Delia of Bordeux and High Chieftain Umajin of Crima! May their peoples grow ever closer and their friendship prosper! (Diplomacy)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-12 at 01:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show

[Curiosity] Continue Construction of the Great Project: Grand Roads (4/5)
    [Curiosity] Continue Construction of the Great Project: Great Library (3/5)
    [Diplomacy] Attend the Raneeki games of 347 (Rion Noth of Celero is betrothed to Leona Flamestrike of Kasumor)
    [Military] Train 1000 Troops
    [Military] Raise one Naval Fleet
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-15 at 09:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    1: Send ships to investigate strange lightning effects at sea [Curiosity]
    2: Attend Raaneki Summer Games [Diplomacy];
    2a: Join Dawn League
    2b: Agree trade w/Raaneki (ships for stone)
    3: Secret action
    4: Agree trade w/Guilder (crops for spices) [Diplomacy]
    5: Begin building & filling granaries against possible crop failures (uses traded bricks & stone, crops; home-grown spices may help preserve food.) [Curiosity]
    Last edited by avr; 2014-02-15 at 10:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

Calorum, Council chambers

The news from the Heartwastes has reached us and I am deeply shocked! We have our problems with their government, senders of insulting letters, but not with their people.
    We shall send priests to their lands and send them a letter to see if they are willing to accept our help.

Spoiler: to the Heartwaste (C'nor)
    Show
    Hi C'nor, Sorry for posting this so late. If you refuse the priests I am trying to send then I will have called them back (I understand if you cannot reply in time before the start of the new round, Morph was okay with it if you replied later). They will only stay for the duration of 1 month and only for the purpose of aiding those how suffered from the disaster. Greetings, Chief

1. Send priests to the Heartwastes to aid the people that lost their homes [Diplomacy or Faith]
    2. Continue building the mausoleum (4/5) [Faith]
    3. Start writing the first concepts for the holy book of flames (1/5) [Faith]
    4. Start organizing the academy of arts (1/5) [Curiosity]
    5. Approach and study the little fire creatures in the Pit of Light [Curiosity]
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

1:Study blue gem
    2:raise more troops
    3:continue making a system of foundrys
    4: continue making the metric system
    5:secret action

OOC: I have not had as much time this week as I would have liked. Ah well, next week I'll have time.

My boost is cruiosity +2 this turn. My secret action is curiosity based.

17. - Top - End - #107

Actions (no time for fluff sorry).

Spoiler
    Show

1: raise 1000 troops
    2: raise 1000 troops
    3: raise 1000 troops
    4: Build a high guildmaster's library collecting a variety of texts (+curiosity)
    5: TBD

Additional stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

346: After many years, Loki Ethmorl finally fathers a child (Nathanias Ethmorl).
    348: Two years later, a second son, Ivar Ethmorl, follows.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

No fluff this time, next round ill make up for it.

Spoiler
    Show

Action 1: Raise 1000 troops (Military)
    Action 2: Raise 1000 troops (Military)
    Action 3: Try to pinpoint the exact location of the Ger-->(Curiosity)
    Action 4: Build a university (Curiosity )
    Action 5: (Secret Action) ( Diplomacy )

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

End of Round Four.

Any edits to actions in posts edited after the time of posting this one are considered not valid. (Excepting the OP, of course.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Round Five: Begin!

Last Round Results!
    [346] Traders from Tar establish friendly relations with the local populace of the salt flats of region 28. They look rather different, but seem to share some spiritual similarities.

[346] The Cult of the Sky in Scla’ca appears very popular among the lizardfolk! Nearly the entire populace has come to adhere to the religion. Glory to the sky!

[346/348] Carl Bournoine, the merchant Lord Cedrik met with, has given him opportunity for great imports of glass that serve well for oil lamps in Bordeux’ mines and to read Ashenian books by! His two youngest daughters also competed in Bordeux’ beauty contest, taking sixth and third place.

[348] Nagier Moonbeard of Razdis has been raised to clan head of the newly founded Black Hand clan for his services to Razdis. Stories are told that his right arm and eye both are indeed black as obsidian, hard and gleaming!

[349] In Celero some people have begun to embrace the Radurjic faith of the Genivanans.

What is this?!
    [350] Along the coast of Aloren, a Woodwind ship is found sailing without a crew. The wind blows it into upon the rocks of a port, and the people there find only a single man aboard, nailed to the high mast by a spear through his throat.

Unrest!
    [349] Celero is terrorized by people who brand holes in the webbing of people’s hands, shaped with intentions. ‘ITBE GINS’, ‘LORD FIRE’, ‘BRIM STON’, ‘HELL HERE’, ‘DEAT HORS’, ‘DOOM CAN!’ and other eight-symbol phrases pop up around the northern border.

[349] The people in Pryonia are starting to question their lord’s intentions. It does not sit well with them that Pryonia has allied themselves with those who mock their faith in Celero, or those who would diminish it like the Shďnguard of Kasumor. Something must be done to appease the people…

Investigate!
    [346] In Gunung and Pryonia, people have found it better not to heat the new-found blue jellystone, as they’ve come to call it. When heated, they give up sparks that fly around uncontrollably! Due to their natural glow, people living close to the border have started using them as natural lighting. (Minor resource acquired!)

[350] Tekorvan investigators in Vagon have found--after searching and questioning of the children--that during the colder winter times there are thick bushes whose branches spring apart and leak a viscous black fluid. This can be used to paint with, although it’s hard and might be easier to if the stuff that makes the colour were taken out of it. They might even write with it! (Minor resource acquired!)

Explore!
    [346] Crown Prince Hazael of Ashenia sends word home that the region he has found is wonderful, gorgeous, dazzling! Oh, how he wishes his kinsmen could see it! Another letter, written by a scribe accompanying the expedition, tells that Hazael and many others seem to have taken a liking to a custom of the locals to sniff the smoke from burning flowers during their feasts.

Lost at Sea!
    [350] Of Guilder’s Eastern exploring ships, half the ships sink and a third returns home after many troubles. One ship, captained by a man named Giorno Fiassa, still sails onwards. “He always was a madman,” remarks the first mate of one of the returning ships. (Guilder loses one naval unit from their Eastern fleet.)

Their Western ships return home with fearful reports! They were following the Kasumori explorers and were close to meeting up with them, but ended up witnessing their capture by a hostile force greatly outnumbering them. Following the old Guilder saying ‘you can’t profit dead’, they returned to bring report so that they may gather their wits for a better plan.

Upon investigation of the ships, it turns out that they weren’t ocean-worthy at all! Alihed Confoglio has fled to Domhan Abhaile. May his own coin pay his killer.

Conquer! Colonize!
    [346] Eyrecradia is halfway with the colonization of the recently discovered region (4B). They have found several large underground lakes filled with squid—the region’s currently only resource. It is of Great quality.

[346] 2000 people flee from Aloren to Genivana by ship. Most people don’t seem to be bothered by the new regime, however.

[349] The newly found Ignato Empire is now in full control of the newly conquered region of Aloren.

[348] Ashenia begins the colonization of region 28.

[350] Gunung begins its colonization of region P1, after preparing for the harsh cold lands there.

[350] Kasumor enters Zargrim for total conquest once more!

Kasumor: 20
    Zargrim: 19.

Zargrim loses 1 unit.

Kasumor now has complete control over Zargrim. Zargrim’s defining terrain feature is the Dead Gate, a giant gate that leads to Keldagrim that has been sealed and hammered shut. Zargrim’s two other terrain features may be described by WaylanderX. Zargrim’s main resources are furs from wolves and other predatory creatures and is of Good quality. The goblins of Zargrim appear to have very little access to food (there are goats, but the resource is only minor). However, they are quite ingenious, as they appear to have invented a technological device called a hovercraft, which are platforms made of wood and leather, air-filled sacks, atop which is a simple wooden construction shaped like a horse upon which the rider sits astride.

Zargrim's former leader becomes a rebel leader and all his units follow him. He sends another letter to the Shďnguard.
    Spoiler: Letter to the Shďnguard
    Show
    Your myrgh arall benynreydh, woman. Me, mab Eleljak. They demmedhi. We two dig, kleudhi kledha. Become kothman.

War </3
    No war <3

Ea.

Eljak, Samu d'Obbes'n'obbes

The Rise of the South!
    Word comes to all! First to Celero, Woodwind, Guilder, Kasumor, Hrathan-Tuor and the Jeweled Cities, but word spreads like wildfire. To the south, a large empire has been discovered: the Salterri Imperium! They are harsh dealers in trade and live by the spear in war and peace. Their empire begins only a few hundred miles to the south of Tuor and from there on it seems they control they entire coast! Who knows how far inland they might even go? They have captured many Woodwind men, and what ships of Woodwind and Hrathan-Tuor did not sink in the open ocean, their own ships finished, with only few returning home. (1000 Woodwind naval troops lost, 1000 Woodwind naval troops captured, 1000 Hrathan-Tuor naval troops lost, 1000 Celero naval troops defected.)

New Map!
    Spoiler
    Show

P2 has been reported on by Tekorvan natives who are naturals in the cold. The first player to claim or colonize this region may describe both terrain features (two) and two Good resources.

Region 31 (as discovered by Qarimos, Guilder and Razdis) is a very hilly region. Not much is known yet about it, however. The first player to colonize region 31 may describe all three terrain features and two Good resources or one Great resource. If a new player claims the region, they may instead describe three Good resources, as per usual.

Regions 37 and 38 are controlled by the Salterri Imperium, and nothing is known about them. They may be claimed by new players only under special circumstances.

Region 39 is controlled an unknown leader who claims allegiance to Celero. This region may be claimed by a new player under special circumstances.

Region 40 (as discovered by Bordeux) has stunning White Cliffs by its coast between the two peninsulas that attach to it. It is also rich in large species of reptiles, both carnivorous and herbivorous, which is a Good resource. The first player to colonize region 40 may describe two more terrain features. If a new player claims the region, they may also describe two more Good resources.

Region 44 (as discovered by Ashenia) has a lot of hallucinatory flowers (Good resource). One of its striking features is the Dazzling Crevasse, a crack in the mountains filled with tiny, frail, light-refracting crystals that become blinding when the sun is at its highest point. The first player to colonize region 44 may describe two more terrain features. If a new player claims the region, they may also describe two more Good resources.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-17 at 07:46 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #111

Spoiler
    Show
    1) Create a school of medicine in Arissyeux to train doctors to be sent to the towns and villages of Bordeux.[CURIOSITY][GREAT PROJECT][1/5].
    2) Continue work on a public school system.[CURIOSITY][GREAT PROJECT][3/5]
    3) Attend Sea Conference.
    Actions Within
    Spoiler
    Show
    Negotiations with Alydaxis for permission to move through their land to colonize region 40.
    Marriage of Prince Tikta of Raaneka and Lady Cassandra of Bordeux.
    Official signing of the newest Union charter.

[DIPLOMACY]
    4)Colonize region 40.[CURIOSITY][1/2].
    5)Search for an underground region under Bordeux.[CURIOSITY].

Attribute Increases
    Spoiler
    Show
    Curioisty +1
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-02-22 at 07:35 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Year 40, Jaten Era, Mid Summer [351]

Jaten ran an eye over the ranks of those who called themselves the ‘Bushi’. The Guardsmen of the Aristocracy of Tekorva, finally equipped in superior armour. Though, initial testing showed it did little to lessen the effect of blunt weapons such as clubs and maces this new armour was certainly better against a wide range of other weapons. Were Tekorva to raise an Army, a combination of chain and plate armours would be optimal among the infantry. Looking to the West, Jaten recalls the conversation she had with Shirokinu just last year. Word had reached them of the Grand Coalition, a bloated alliance containing now three of their allies. Shaking her head slightly, Jaten hopes upon hope that Tekorva will not be caught in a wicked crossfire.

However… If war does come to us, we should be ready. Ambvard reflects as he watches his wife’s concerned look sweep toward the south.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    351 - Activate Curiosity 10: Tekorva develops Plate Armour for the Elite Guard of Tekorva. 「Curiosity」

Miscellaneous - This is the year of Elder Jaten’s death, but not the end of her Era for her children have yet to come of age. Her will shall be carried forth through Elder Ambvard whilst the Heirs to Tekorva are trained to become ruler. Any foreigners passing through during the Month of Mourning may become confused by the white robes worn by all with yellow, orange or red cloth belts compared to the sad faces and solemn atmosphere.

Year 41, Jaten Era, Spring [352]

Tapping his fingers against the arm of his stone chair, Elder Ambvard examines reports of the army. Compared to the Razdissi, it was quite pitiful, yet the people tried their best. Quickly, he jots down a few more commands to ensure the Defense of Tekorva became a reality before rubbing his forehead and thinking of bed. If he could even sleep that is… He felt his time with Jaten was too short and his two children were currently away with the scouts to learn more of their land.

Show
    352 - Train 1 land unit 「Military」

Miscellaneous - It is rumoured that Yuuhi’s skin quickly became red and blistered when exposed to the sun for any period of time at all rather than becoming the rich brown of much of Tekorva. Kokuei has no such problem, though her skin tone is closer to an iron gray than the others.

Year 42, Jaten Era, Late Autumn [353]

Miscellaneous - It is rumoured Yuuhi is blessed with a brilliant mind and favoured for the Throne over Kokuei who, while brilliant in her own way is more interested in becoming a great General of Tekorva. Perhaps this is due to influences from Kasumor.

Year 43, Jaten Era, Early Spring [354]

"An emissary from the Esteemed Sympolemou, Honorable Elder Ambvard, may the Will of Jaten enlighten you." the Scout from the border bows deeply as a fearsome looking Sympol with light gray fur strides in to personally hand Elder Ambvard a message.

Bowing in the Razdissi fashion to the Sympol, Elder Ambvard thanks the Sympol and offers accommodations and any necessary facilities if he wishes to refresh himself before his journey home.

A summary of this message can be found below. The original wording has been lost in translation, though the original idea is still there.

Signed,
    Korban Havus II

During our correspondence, I remember Tekorva implying an expedition North is being prepared. Imagine my surprise when I discovered you had no standing army! As you seem to be rectifying this sorry state of affairs, please find attached some advice for raising such an army so you may explore North without fear of being crushed underfoot. It would not do for our ally to become dust so soon due to incompetence.

Elder Ambvard compared the reports he has with the paper the Sympol had sent to find he had overlooked some important details in the training of the Army of Tekorva. Though the constant politics and paperwork throughout the day had Elder Ambvard feeling quite tired, it would not do for the Sympol to go without Tekorvite gratitude for this deed.

Show
    354 - Train 1 land unit 「Military」

((Important note - Tychris1 did not write the gray writing, I did in the character of Korban Havus II. Due to being a member of the Cult of Engineering he has absolutely zero social skills. This is why the letter is abrupt and borderline contemptuous.))

Year 44, Jaten Era, Early Winter [355]

Ambvard scratches his head looking at the board. It seemed Yuuhi’s white stones were everywhere compared to Ambvard’s black. The shapes the white stones made neatly placed the black in small areas on the board making it nigh on impossible to expand. Were Ambvard to try, he was sure Yuuhi would simply take more territory. Bowing his head slightly, Ambvard resigned to Yuuhi with pride. Though Kokuei was far better at this traditional game of Tekorva than Yuuhi, Ambvard had been playing it with Jaten ever since the beginning of their marriage and had become quite good at it over the years. A small tear in his eye, Ambvard wondered if Yuuhi might have even beaten Jaten with only a handicap of three. To think, the boy was only fifteen!

Surely Yuuhi would handle the Tekorva Army masterfully when he ascended to the throne.

Show
    355 - Train 1 land unit 「Military」

Miscellaneous - For reasons which are unclear to those not of Tekorva, the Mighty Korvan has had its name revised. It is now Kauvan Vita. The old fashioned 'or' of Tekorva has been changed to the modern 'au' though the pronunciation has stayed the same. Many of Tekorva are celebrating this change, though when asked by foreigners they became politely tight-lipped as they do when those not of their Inner Circle ask a personal question of their family. To add further confusion to the wary foreigner, most of the people of Tekorva they come across appear to be less willing to talk lately and quite busy. In fact, there even appear to be less of them in the larger outdoor settlements than usual, despite word of recent growth...

Pending stat increases - 「Military」 - +1 「Wordiness」 - +1
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-18 at 08:22 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Round 4 Attribute Increases
    Show
    +2 Diplomacy

It was a wonderful day for an execution. The Sun was high overhead, a great crowd of Alorens had gathered, and Shield Lord Kaldten Maerathyn sat kneeling in front of the Khan and King Malyn Shaeldtae. The Khan looked at Malyn and the young man stepped forward, unrolling the piece of parchment that held the Shield Lord's treacherous words.

His voice rang loudly, an attribute to his training by the storytellers of Aloren, and the shocked faces of the Aloren citizens played out just as the Khan ad expected them to. After the speech was done Malyn stepped back and the Khan rested a foot on Kaldten's back, pushing him over at the waist so his head lay on the block that had been set out specifically for this. The Khan took an axe from a waiting soldier.

"The killing blow should belong to he who was betrayed!" The Khan shouted loudly, extending the axe to Malyn in an offering gesture.

"No, the blow belongs to he who saved me!" Malyn responded, just as they had discussed.

The Khan bowed his head lightly, hefted the axe, and brought it down onto the neck of the Shield Lord, severing his head from his body with a thick, wet, crunch.

"Praise be to the Ignato Empire!" Malyn shouted, his voice still powerful but his face visibly pale.

"Praise be!" The chant began amongst the crowd.

The Khan smiled, his control was sealed.

Olwyt,

Son, I'm afraid we will not be privy to the rulings established by the Sea Conference, I have left the conference. It is being directed by the weak and feeble minded. The Salterri Imperium themselves showed up, invited proving the ignorance of the Union. I know you encouraged my cooperation with these forces but their ignorance truly knows no bounds. Do not fret however, there were others who shared my sentiments if not my conviction. I will inform you more of the details when I return until then keep training the armies and keep the scholars writing, we will march north together when I return.

You father, Dyamus Ignato

Show

1.) Any lingering notions of rebellion within the Aloren Province are quelled by the Khan and his advisers who see to it that the needs of the new people are taken care of and respected within the lands of the Ignato Empire and that the people see the integration of their government within the Empire's own. [Diplomacy 5 Special Action] [Diplomacy]
    2.) After Aloren the Khan begins to focus on developing a way in which to use his forces in a more tactical way than ever dreamed of before. After months of study and planning the Khan has developed a Winning Tactic (Coastal Regions) [Military 10 Special Action] [Military]
    3.) The Ignato Empire attends the Sea Conference in Crima [Diplomacy]
    [*] Confirm The Triumvirate Alliance between Hrathan-Tuor and Genivana
    Spoiler: The Triumvirate
    Show
    The Southern Triumvirate

This document serves as written and tangible proof of good will and intent among the signatory nations as prescribed within the body of text and conforming to the rules set forth within.

Pact of Mutual Military Aid

• All signatory nations pledge mutual military cooperation in defensive actions and in mutually agreed upon actions of expansion.
      Each nation shall maintain sovereign control over their military forces barring times of trouble in which the most capable military leader shall take over command until the threat has been dealt with.

Pact of Cultural Exchange

• Seekers and other representatives of the Radurjic Faith will be free to travel freely and spread their teachings unabated across the lands of the signatory nations outside the normal constraints of local law.
    • Hrathan-Tuor merchants will be allowed to establish Guilds within the lands of the signatory nations unabated outside the normal constraints of local law.
    • Ignato Imperials will be allowed to build and establish military outposts within the lands of the signatory nations unabated outside the normal constraints of local law.
    • All citizens from all signatory nations shall be allowed free passage throughout the lands of the signatory nations.

Trade Agreements

The following trade agreements exist between the signatory nations.

• Ignato Empire - Genivana: Goats - Vegetables
    • Genivana - Hrathan&Tuor: Vegetables - Fine Crafted Goods

Administration of the Southern Triumvirate

The Southern Triumvirate is run and administered by the three heads of state from the signatory nations, with each decision regarding the Triumvirate as a whole passing through a vote between the three nations. No nation may abstain so as to prevent a clear decisions and each vote counts equally among the representatives. Decisions outside the purview of the Triumvirate as a whole regarding local matters need not pass through a vote such as local trade agreements, minor exploration, or other non-coordinated actions. Any action with far reaching consequences or necessitating the aid of at least one other signatory nation must be voted on and rejection defeats the plan and removes it from being brought up again for a minimum of 5 years.

A 2/3 majority vote is needed to approve an action and if the declining signatory nation's participation is needed to complete the task they are compelled to lend their assistance to the best of their ability.

Signatory Nations
    Ignato Empire,
    Kingdom of Genivana,
    The Nine Guilds of Hrathan and Tuor

[*] Acknowledge the addition of Celero to the treaty of Wind & Stone
    [*] Establish an alliance with Alydaxis and Scla'ca
    Spoiler: Alliance of Scale & Sky
    Show

The Alliance of Scale & Sky

Pact of Mutual Non-Interference
    • All signatory nations will respect the military actions of all other signed nations and will not interfere or intervene unless their assistance is requested and given freely.

Pact of Cultural Exchange
    • The Cult of the Sky religion may be preached freely within all the lands held by the signatory nations.

Trade Agreements
    (The following trade agreements are to be enacted upon the possession of ocean faring technology by at least one of the signatory nations)
    [list] [*]Ignato Empire - Scla'ca : Goats - Gold[*]Ignato Empire - Alydaxia : Spices - Silver

Signatory Nations
    Ignato Empire
    Alydaxia
    Scla'ca

4.) Have the scribes and story tellers of Aloren begin to mass produce the following flier, “Lizardfolk of Nyroth, suffer no longer under the boot heel of oppression. Rise up and join the ranks of the Ignato Empire. Our armies march north, join us and throw off the yoke of second class citizenship and join the Empire as full Imperial citizens!” [Diplomacy]
    5.) Invade Nyroth, Region 3, with 9,000 men joining up with the 5,000 men sent by Hrathan Tuor in order to absorb Nyroth into the Ignato Empire [Military]
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-02-22 at 10:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

24. - Top - End - #114

[The Mormaer's Hall, Razdis, Year 350]
    Most of the Clan Leaders present in the hall wore white garments, indicating mourning. Elder Jaten was more than just an ally to the people of Razdis, she was almost one of their own. The only good news in the hall was the recent marriage of Prince Tuthin to General Herig, and their subsequent child. Uristine was a healthy and robust girl, born with flowing locks of rust-red, the same as her mother's. As well as this, the newly discovered Salterri were a common topic of discussion; diplomats would be sent. The more military clans were discussing the exploratory efforts; Razdis needed more land to expand. Without a larger population, the nation would wither away and be lost in history.

[The Mormaer's Hall, Razdis, some time later]
    "Mormaer, with the current Sarlatti situation, and certain other developments of which you are aware, the council of Clan Leaders suggests fortifying Kalpraz. We have drawn up diagrams and blueprints already; all that is needed is your permission."
    Razkai studied the sheets of vellum carefully; the plans were for a massive curtain wall, lined with towers dug into the rock, with connecting tunnels full of portcullises and murder holes.
    "Yes, I grant you permission. This is a dangerous time, and it would be best if my country was protected as well as possible."

[The Mormaer's Hall, Razdis, some time after that]
    "We are ready, my liege. The goblins have been crushed, and our trade mission can depart safely.
    The Mormaer still hesitated. In another world, the nation of Zargrim could have been an ally of Razdis. They could have shared the hovercrafts peacefully. Yet now their country lay in ruins, taken over by the Kasumorians. Razkai snapped out of his reverie, and answered the Red Rock clansdwarf.
    "Yes, you may go. We need to acquire hovercrafts, lest we be left behind in the world. Razdis will wither without the improvement of our technology.

My actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. [CURIOSITY] Explore beneath Guilder; attempt to find an underground region. We need land, damn it!
    2. [CURIOSITY] Wouldn't you like to know .
    3. [DIPLOMACY] Send diplomats to find out all possible about the Salterri; their leadership, their religion, their military (if at all possible) and their people.
    4. [MILITARY] As a great project, build the best defences possible around Kalpraz, the capital. A great curtain wall, towers linked with easily defensible tunnels, a gate forged of solid steel, the works. Make Minas Tirith jealous. 1/5.
    5. [CURIOSITY] Trade Razdissi coal for the knowledge of how to create hovercrafts.

Family:
    Mormaer Razkai the Elder (70)
    Prince Razkai the Younger (43)-Grelod Earthsmite
    Elder Ambvard (37) (regent in Tekorva)
    Prince Tuthin (35)-General Herig of the Embattled Tower Clan
    Vali, son of Razkai the Younger (10)
    Ali, son of Razkai the Younger(10)
    Uristine, daughter of Herig(5)
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-02-17 at 04:51 PM.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Raaneka, the Painted Lands
    ((Attribute increases last round: Curiosity +2))
    ((Attribute increases this round: Military +1, Curiosity +1))

Year 351
    So that our prosperity might never know uncertainty, may those most skilled in feats of horsemanship gather for the first Raaneki cavalry, lead by Prince Tikta himself.

Rejoice! The godana tattoos gain wonder with each passing year. Lady and Lord have unlocked the secret of dyeing flesh, that the Raaneki might make their inner worlds clearer to those around them. The Lady has chosen red dye, the Lord blue, and Prince Tikta a wholesome light brown.

Year 352
    So that we might know Telluris better, may the practice of falconry flourish in our lands. Any and all who pass deep wisdom of birds or their mastery to Lady and Lord shall earn one years' store of the royal vintage.

"Mark their flight," the Lord said to his Lady, "and we shall learn the secrets of all flying things!"

Year 353
    So that the world might know us better, and so that we might see more clearly also, Prince Tikta shall attend the Central Sea Conference in the land of Crima. He shall carry great stores of wine, of lumber, and of stone to secure trade with the wide world beyond. May the sun always favor Raaneki vines.

Lamentations! Princess Devi Adite, a radiant maiden of ten, has died of Dreadfallow sickness. Lady Aditi, in mourning, has dyed her arms to the elbow as dark as midnight wine. May she be known as Aditi Blackhands forevermore. May grief cease all labor for seven days' time.

Year 354
    The world turns, and great powers rise. If their intentions be not known, Raaneka must give hope for the best of tidings, but look to its own defense. That we might never fear wide Telluris, may 1000 Raaneki heed the call of the warrior.

With many tears and fond farewells, Princess Anguri Adite leaves to dwell with the family of Captain Jonas Grumby as his ward until the age of 15. Lady and Lord vow to travel to the Jeweled Cities each summer, that their love for their daughter might be satisfied.

Year 355
    So that our riders might better o'erleap the vineyard rows, may all clever minds dwell upon a more acrobatic saddle. Whosoever submits the most worthy design shall earn five years' store of the royal vintage.

Lamentations! Prince Jura Devdano, a weak boy of nine, has died after suffering the Thirty Day Plague with his twin, Avam. Miraculously, Avam rose from sickness a healthier and more vibrant soul. May grief for his lost brother cease all labor for seven days' time.

Show
    1. Train 1 Raaneki Cavalry Unit. (Military)
    2. Develop Falconry technology. (Curiosity)
    3. Attend the Central Sea Conference. (Diplomacy)
      • Establish ongoing trade of Raaneki Wine for Jeweled City Gems.
      • Anguri Adite, youngest daughter of Lady and Lord, shall travel to the Jeweled Cities to live as ward to Captain Jonas Grumby and his family. She will live there until the age of 15 to learn the ways of leadership. In exchange, a band of warriors will accompany her to teach the Raaneki ways of combat to the Islanders and to Anguri.
      • Prince Tikta Satato marries Cassandra Bordeux. The new couple will live in Raaneka and be controlled by Zap Dynamic.
    4. Train 1 Raaneki Infantry Unit. (Military)
    5. Develop Acrobatic Saddle. (Curiosity)
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-02-22 at 11:23 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Military score: +1
    Year 351
    [Curiosity]
    [2]
    Work on new port city continue
    (2/2)
    Year 352
    [Curiosity]
    [2]
    We will start building new capital city! It will be built at base of western mountains, from green sandstone from Raaneka. May the glorious future of Scla´ca starts here!
    (1/5)
    Year 353
    [Diplomacy]
    [4]
    We will attend The Sea Conference
    Spoiler: ”Scla’ca trade agreement”
    Show

Jonas signed the paper, then read it one time more before handing it over.
    ”The benevolent people of Scla’ca, under their wise Chief Kach’Tu, do hereby grant the following to the peoples of the Jeweled Cities:
    One annual trade volume of tropical woods, suitable for a multitude of uses.
    Exclusive landing rights to a deep-water dock in our primary port city of XX.
    The right to build a warehouse, maintenance facilities, and a residential structure adjuacent to that docl.
    The right to secure and patrol the dock as seen reasonable and prudent.

In exchange, the peoples of the Jeweled Cities, under the prescient leadership of King Jonas Grumby, do hereby grant the following to the peoples of Scla’ca:
    One annual trade volume of Kelp-olive oil, suitable for cooking, heating, and sealing of ships
    The expertise of the Jeweled Cities shipwrights, who will be permanently in residence in the port city of XXX, with the primary goal of allowing Scla’ca to develop their own deep-water trading vessels. Such expertise will be granted in times when they are not engaged in building or maintaining the fleet of the Jeweled Cities.
    The trading vessels of the Jeweled Cities, which ply all the coasts of the Sea of the Golden Sun, will provide aid to any distressed ship of the Scla’ca nation in order to promote safe and secure sea trade throughout all the kingdoms.

This contract is binding and in effect until such time as either party chooses to dissolve it. The part that initiates such a dissolution will pay the other party a sum of 1 trade volume in either gold or gems. At such time.

Scla´ca also made agreement with Ignato empire and Alydaxia. (OOC: details in Ignato´s post.+ this is edit after end of round, I couldn´t edit it earlier.)
    Year 354
    [Diplomacy]
    [4]
    We will send diplomats to land of Alydaxis. We will discuss possible alliance between our nations.
    As result of negotiation, Saurian alliance was established between Scla´ca and Alydaxia.
    Saurian alliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Saurian alliance is pact of sovereign nations. All nations of Saurian alliance are obliged to provide military aid in case of attack of one of alliance members. Members of Saurian alliance are not obliged to provide military aid in case of aggression of one of members.

2) Members of Saurian alliance are obliged to provide freedom of trade in their land. Following trade agreement are part of Saurian Alliance:
    Scla´ca will be sending gold to Alydaxis. In return Alydaxis will be sending Ordinarium to Scla´ca

3) After teological discussions, religious authorities of Scla´ca and Alydaxis decided that winged statues in land of Alydaxis are avatars of Sky. We basically worship same sky and our religions will connect even on organization level.

4) Members of Saurian alliance are obliged to provide freedom of movement of armies, trade, explorers and all citizens of other member countries.

5) All decisions of Saurian alliance are made by meeting of all members. Every member has one vote and proposal have to gain plain majority.

Year 355
    [Faith]
    [5]
    We will send our shamans to Nyroth (region 3). We will try to convert locals to Cult of the Sky. We will focus on local lizardfolk population. We would like to cause riots in lizardfolk population dominated by humans. We would like to persuade them to cooperate with Ignato Empire against their human rulers.
    (roll:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=12 )
    Last edited by Shnur; 2014-02-23 at 09:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

The Duke, sitting upon his Iron throne, coughs and wheezes as he looks over the massed form of Sympolemou military might. Rank upon rank of soldiers, lined shoulder to shoulder in glistening armor, wielding cruel weapons, and practicing from dusk to dawn. His people were happy, his army was strong, his culture was thriving. Yet.... he felt hollow inside. He yearned for something, wished to see more, feel more, do more. As one of his advisors was reading a lengthy scrolls on taxes and border patrols, the Duke stood up and walked out of the throne room abruptly. His sycophants, servants, and advisors stumbled on each other as they tried to keep up with Bloodfang, and yet even in his age they were left eating his dust.

Walking amongst his people, the Duke shrouded himself in a hood and cloak, hiding his true appearance from the populace. When he was younger, and far more naive, the Duke would often abandon his post of leadership and just walk amongst the people. It had been quite some time since last he did it, and he began to wonder if he would be able to properly do so again. The world was dangerous, bristling with monsters and powerful nations. Shaking his mind free of such thoughts, Bloodfang focused himself on enjoying the day.

He watched children danced, walked amongst the flowers, trekked to a nice vantage point in the Heart of the North, and as the sun began to set he watched as forges hammered out weapons for the Sympolemou war machine. He was ready to return home, when on his trek back he noticed a strange vendor. Not like the normal merchants who visited the Heart, but instead one of a more shady and exotic design. Inspecting the seemingly enigmatic merchants cart, the Duke suspected him to be a travelling merchant. Perhaps only here for a few days.

"Well, it is always good to see as much as the world has to offer."

His mind set, the Duke ventured forth to interact with the mention. Garbed in gaudy and opulent clothing, the Sympol manning the cart grinned as he saw the shrouded form of the duke. He began to fervently look through his cart, and put all of his items on display.

"Yes, yes, I can see you are a man of true taste and intelligence to come to my stand. Hmmm?"

Sweeping his head from left to right, the Duke inspected everything on display. From finely crafted axes, to strange devices made of glass, intricate lock boxes, and things the Duke couldn't even recognize.

"Ah yes, I have everything your heart may desire. Hmmm hmm hmm.... Would you be swift?"

Sliding to the side, the merchant picked up a strange looking tube with a needle at the end of it, dripping a clear liquid.

"Then for you I have speed beyond measure!"

The Duke tilted his head, unsure of what the device was, or what it did. Cocking his head back he apprehensively turned away to look at something else. Seeing this, the Merchant placed it down and looked for something else.

"Would you be wise?"

Smiling, the merchant brought forth a mortar and pestle, full of a bright white dust.

"Then come closer and I can unlock your inner cunning."

The Duke began to more carefully consider the Merchants words, his hand reaching to the purse at his side for a moment, but pulling back as he noticed yet another thing on display. Sneering a little, the Merchant placed the mortar down and rummaged around for something that would at last get the Dukes attention.

"Would you be powerful?"

This, this had gotten the Dukes attention. Looking at the Merchant inquisitively, he waited for the Merchants head to reappear from under the cart, and watched as he presented something the Duke had never seen before. A type of conglomeration of vegetables, grinded together and fused into a fleshy ball.

"Then I can grant you the might to overpower any foe."

Placing the ball down next to the other 2 objects he had presented him, the Merchant leaned over and looked at the Duke, his toothy grin flashing all the while.

"Tell me then, what do you truly need."

Looking at each of the three exotic objects for sale, the Duke paused for a long time, and merely stared long and hard. Finally, with a voice like a whisper, he broke his silence.

"Everything."

Taking each of the 3 exotic objects, the Duke payed the merchant handsomely, and was off on his merry way. Inspecting them all, the Duke wasn't entirely sure what he had purchased, and so he followed the instructions given to him by the Merchant. He threw the ball into his mouth, placed his nose in the mortar, and jammed the tube into his arm.

And then the world exploded.

An absolute gory mess of colors, sounds, and smells that the Duke wasn't entirely aware of. Voices whispered in the back of his head, his muscles flexed and relaxed erratically. His pupils dilated and expanded wildly, and what was once pitch black was now perfectly clear to the naked eye. He felt invincible, as if he could fly and conquer the moon itself. The world blurred around him as he moved from place to place, practically leaping through the air. What happened over the next few hours was a complete and utter mystery. A blur of bright lights, angry sounds, blood, and a pounding headache. Looking around, his blurry eyes finally focus and he realizes where he is. The torn and decapitated form of a Sympol lies at his feet, a fight club seemingly breaking apart as they see the rampaging Duke tire out. The entire scene a comparable to a battlefield considering the body count. Looking down at his blood drenched hands, the Dukes bones grow tired and wearied.

Yet his mind runs with new ideas.

Show

1. Develop Winning Tactic Mountains
    2. Train 1,000 Heavy Infantry
    3. Secret
    4. Begin further research into the mysterious eggs, and their potential battlefield applications [Curiosity]
    5. Begin Great Project; Medical Academy for the use of Combat Drugs [1/5][Curiosity]

Attribute Bonuses: +1 Curiosity
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #118

1) SECRET!
    2)Discover new resource: Opal
    3)Conquer more space in 4b
    4)Create new temple
    5)Begin The Great Fortification of Eyrecradia 1/5
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-02-17 at 12:38 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Stat increases from last round: +1 Curiosity, +1 Diplomacy

351: 1: Emboldened by his success with exploring to the West, Prince Hazael decides to travel South directly from the new region he names Kyaralath. Naturally, he is not foolish to do so without first procuring the appropriate supplies from the homeland, but he himself does not return. He sends several samples of the flowers in Kyaralath home to a noted herbalist living in Adrakand, whom he hopes will be able to study them in depth. Alas, that particular package is lost and the herbalist never receives the samples.

Good news from Sandrull: Princess Mira gives birth to twin daughters. She names the children Salline and Idrisa after her two older sisters and her mother and grandmother.
    Meanwhile, in the capital, Princess Zhela gives birth to a son. She names the child Zerach.

352: 2: A second group of colonists departs Ashenia, determined to make a home for themselves on the plains of Kyaralath. They hear the land is fertile and beautiful, excellent for raising crops. The King sends a thousand light cavalry to ensure their safety, as well as gifts of silver for the local inhabitants.

353: 3: In what may be his last journey away from Adrakand, the King of Ashenia rides for Ryazen Bay to attend the Central Seas Conference. His advanced age prevents him from riding with the haste that once allowed him to cut across the entire continent to Lyradis, but he refuses to travel any other way.

354: 4: Good news from the South, the settlers have established themselves in the foothills, and their herds sustain them despite the harshness of the land. Contact with the local inhabitants has been strained, but gifts of silver have kept the peace. Intervention from the King might be needed to ensure stability in the region though...

355: News once more from Sandrull. Princess Mira has given birth, this time to a son she names Rafil for his father.

Throughout all this, the Great Observatory continues to be built...

Spoiler
    Show
    Attend the Central Sea Conference. [diplomacy]
    At said conference, the Kingdom of Ashenia becomes signatory to the following treaties: The Ryazen Bay Concordat and the 353 Treaty of Ryazen Bay between the Jewelled Cities and the Union of the Northwest. (Note, I'm being a terrible person and using the terms Union of the North and Union of the Northwest interchangeably. Sorry for any confusion.)
    Also, we ratify the latest UN charter and trade agreements.
    To save on space, I won't repeat the details of these agreements here as they are readily available elsewhere.

The expedition led by Crown Prince Hazael travels south from region forty-four. [curiosity]

Colonise region twenty-eight. [curiosity] [2/2]

Colonise region forty-four. [curiosity] [1/2]

Continue work on the Great Observatory. [curiosity] [4/5]
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-02-23 at 03:27 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"So what you're telling me is that my father didn't even raise a TINY army?!"
    This was getting annoying. Apahulucta was very quickly discovering that his father was an idiot and didn't bother to do anything.
    "Well, technically, he had a sufficient population to, if the need arose-"
    "BUT THE FACT IS THAT HE DIDN'T!"

Let's back up a minute: Ap's chief advisor is telling him the accomplishments of his predecessor, aka nothing but screwing the nation up.

"Look, we need a standing army force, we need to make alliances, AND WE NEED TO FIX THIS PLACE UP!!!"
    Apahulucta was not easily angered, but this was just infuriating.
    "Yes, at once your majesty."
    "While you're at it, get an expedition into the chasm. We should expand."
    "*Sigh*, yes your highness."

Show
    1) [m] Raise 1000 type 1 infantry.
    2) [c] [c5] Explorers have found an abundance of artifacts from the ruins. New good resource: ancient artifacts.
    3) [c] Send expedition through the crevice and prepare a group of colonists to follow and establish a foothold. (1/2)
    4) [d] Propose alliance (mutual defense + blend religious beliefs) with Scla 'Ca.
    5) [d] Attend Central sea conference. Traditional delegation of three members.
    Spoiler: Conference stuff
    Show
    1) accept offer from Bordeux, but demand that they stick to the main road. Can't have them looting the temple ruins.
    2) Trade with The Jeweled Isles! (ordanium for oil)
    3) Alliance with Scla'ca and Ignatio empire formed!

misc:
    Apahulucta has found a bride in the young Palinoly (new queen).
    Son! (heir)
    Twin Girls! (administrators of mining regions and ruin regions respectively).
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-02-22 at 01:25 AM.