New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] A World-Building Game of People & Discovery

Fluff!
    This was the second embarrassing diplomatic event to occur during Apahulucta's reign. The three-man envoy got lost on the way to Celero, and when they arrived, there was a dead fire-person and a crazy assassin trying to kill everyone. Not what was intended.

"Alright, let's get off the subject of that incident and talk about tactics. Our ferry project is working fine, but we're no closer to destroying these Salt guys." -Dakul

"That's more of a long-term project. Scla'ca has asked to take the land to the immediate west, but we can colonize the Giraffe-marsh." -Awnli

"We still need to remember our alchemy research! We are discovering new substances every week." -Kahil

And this was the typical argument in the afternoon. Dakul wanting to kill the Salterri, Awnli wanting to colonize, and Kahil wanting to research. And, because the king was in charge of everything, Apahulucta had to listen to them bicker.

"Look, stop arguing, it will not get you anywhere. I will decide on these matters. I say that we colonize to the south-west, raise a few troops, AND do more research. Agreed?"

"Yes sir..."

Spoiler: Last Round Increases
    Show
    curiosity +1, military +1

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    1) [c] Colonize region 41 (1/2)
    2) [c] More alchemy focus
    3) [m] 1000 troops
    4) [m] Finish sea transport
    5) [c] SECRET

Spoiler: Family/important people
    Show
    Apahulucta: King, 30
    Palinoy: Queen, 28
    Sarthar: Heir, 10
    Veir and Falm: Twin Princesses, 9
    Adik: Prince, 3

Awnli: Lead Diplomat, 31
    Dakul: Supreme General, 29
    Kahil: Lead Scientist, 30
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-03-04 at 06:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

The World is burning. Our cities will soon be ash and ravens the only witnesses to the last battles... - The journal of Princess Regent Idrisa.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1: Scla'ca is denied permission to move their troops through Ashenite territory. [Military]
    2: Continue work on the Academy Building for the Jewelled Cities. (other great project remains postponed) [Diplomacy] [2/5]
    3: Raise 1000 troops. [Military]
    4: Raise 1000 troops. [Military]
    5: The army of Ashenia, four thousand men, march East to join with the troops of Bordeux and Crima where they are placed under the command of High Chieftain Umajin for the march into, and hopefully through, Celero. May the Spirits have mercy on us all. [Military]
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-07 at 11:46 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Next round Tendaji II will take the throne of Genivana.

With Mosi's 'death' the head of the Radurjic faith will be the Chuo wa Mashahidi* (College of Witnesses) for the time being. Shahidi Zakia heads the college.

The first time was accidental. A week of fasting and meditation led to confusion about which world he was in. The tower room was too dark, so Mosi motioned for light and it came. It wasn't until he found the burnt down candles in the morning that he realized what was unusual about it. The time spent in the anga lingine** had changed his instincts. He no longer thought to go places, but just to be there. When he was thirsty he thought of water and was quenched. The distinction between this world and the other blurred and disappeared, just another meaningless duality.

These oddities might have gone unnoticed without a particular incident...
    Spoiler: The Incident
    Show
    The sun had set and Mtafiti Rishima was cleaning up the College library. It was her last duty before bed. As usual she locked the door and started at the back of the library. It was best to lock the door, otherwise there was always some young mtafiti trying to sneak in and grab a scroll, tracking dust through the rows she had just swept.

As she was sweeping the last row she heard a strange noise coming from the back of the library. She had just been back there and the library wasn't really big enough for people to hide from her. Despite her disbelief the noise continued, shuffling of paper and low humming sneaking around the room. Rishima crept slowly toward the back of the room, broom at the ready. perhaps it was a spirit. A jolt of fear and excitement shot through her as she came to the row that was hiding the noisemaker. Very carefully she peaked around the corner.

"Hello, child. I'll be out of your way in a moment I just wanted to double check something."

Rishima nearly dropped her broom in surprise. "Shahidi Mkuu!* Wh... How... The door is locked!"

"Oh, so it is." Rashima didn't know what to think. King Mosi had not been in here when she locked the door, but here he was.

"How did you get in here?"

"On my feet."

Mosi had never been very good about explaining things...

*Great Witness

Regardless of how Mosi got into the library interest was stirred. The Mashahidi began paying closer attention to his daily habits and noticing more and more odd occurrences. But how was it happening?

They prepared for months drawing on every ritual they had record of, mythological or otherwise. Eventually a room was prepared. The Chuo wa Mashahidi gathered to attempt to replicate Mosi's state. Together they entered the osuro trance, and each in turn stepped through themself into the anga lingine. This was the easy part. It was daily practice since their investiture as mashahidi. The next part was just theory. Each shahidi began to meditate in the anga lingine, and once again stepped through themselves. One step deeper down the rabbit hole, and yet they were back at the surface. They opened their eyes slowly. The world was shining with the energy of creation, yet solidly recognizable. They looked to each other and saw the same blank white eyes that marked Mosi. Had they done it? Only time would tell.
    Show
    • Attempt to meet the Avatar before he passes through the gate.[Resolved in RP]
    • Finish Radurjic Codex 5/5 [Curiosity/Faith]
    • Send 2000 men to join in the defense of the faithful in Celero. [Military]
    • [Luck 10] In the fluff above.
    • [Faith10][Secret/Half Public] Mosi enacts a ritual at the top of the college tower in Asnaoga. Hundreds gather and watch as Mosi begins to glow with and inner fire and is then consumed by it. Nothing is left of him. Shahidi Zakia claims Mosi has joined with Mwalimu to be reborn.

*Witnesses will now be referred to as Shahidi (pl. Mashahidi) Seekers are Mtafiti (sing. Watafiti)
    **Anga Lingine - Other Sky, the spirit world more or less.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-03-07 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Crown Regent Yasira Noth was nervous. Though she was the rightful heir to the Kingdom of Celero, her father Andust was bedridden, and not expected to live another year. Her father, the most honorable man she had ever known. He was the man of speeches, grand court, and wise and just rulership. Yasira had been groomed for the Queenship, but still always felt inadequate to the shadow of her father. She trusted her brothers Rion and Kinil for assitance in all of her council meetings, but lately her brother Fihnn had become more distant, and so had removed himself from all affairs of state. Yasira dismissed it as premature grief for their ailing father.
    She sat in a chair beside the fire, just inside the double doors to the balcony where she was to give a speech in a few moments time, hands shaking in anxiety.

Calm yourself my little Lass. You'll do me proud.

Outside, on the balcony itself, she could hear the crowd murmering, then cheer as the herald went outside to announce her presence.

"People of Celero, I present to you, your own Princess Regent Yasira of House Noth, Quenchers of Fire!"

Yasira stood from her chair, and straightened her dress. The walk to the balcony seemed to take forever, as if it were miles away. When at last she walked out, the crowd was nearly silent a moment, before erupting into applause.

"My good subjects. Today I must reign with a heavy heart. My father, our good King Andust, is on his deathbed. It is now, in this commotion to our east, that our neighbors to the West, the Union of the North, have decided to march on our borders, claiming to desire only the ability to pass through.

"Most of you were not born the last time a similar event came to pass; when troops of a foreign nation asked to tour our beautiful lands. I need not repeat the atrocities they dealt upon our people. Nearly all of our fathers and grandfathers fought in that occupation, and all of those that remain from that point of our history still bear the scars of that enemy.

"It was in recent memory that someone brought that terror back to our lands. A high court of judicators of Crima, Celero, and the Blazing Temple have confirmed that Thamiel, the Assassin of the Blazing Avatar, was of Crima birth. The assassination occured on the sovereign soil of our great nation of Celero during what was meant to be a peaceful conference of shared understanding and wonder. Instead we were dealt murder of a foreign dignitary, and the head of a church that has done much to make amends for its radical offshoots that have plagued our wonderful Kingdom.

"The findings by our adjudicators, and the affirmation of the Cheif Inquisitor Paco Çimar Guzman, show beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Union of the North are responsible for the recent terror in our lands. And yet, they now demand entrance, claiming to deliver justice to men that can only be innocent of the crimes they claim have occurred, passing judgement down on sons for their father's sins.

"The Union would like you to forget that the King politely asked for Celero to be included in membership within their brotherhood, and yet was rudely refused by all members within. He set in motion the events that would call the other nations together, in what would become the Grand Coalition. Depsite all of our posturing, he maintained some personal friendships with the monarchs to the west. What they do now is a betrayal of the peace of the entire realm.

"So to the Union of the North, I say this: We shall not yield an inch of our land to your hipocrasy. If your troops set foot in Celero, I have no choice but inform you that there shall be a state of War between us. Our people will not surrender to your false justice, and we will fight you on our lands until the last of us breathes no more.

So I end with the Ancestral Noth House motto: Honor in all things."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Earthhome, inside the Kyuden, Year 361, first cycle of the sun, 3rd pyrith: Pride, Day of the Sword

Nyllana was standing in Marius' study, her hand upon Kuroyume, the sword that once belonged to the former Shïnguard of Kasumor. Now that she was the Eienguard, she had a duty to fulfill. However, she wasn't sure if she was up for this, if her father's training was good enough to guide her through these harsh times. Her father was gone on a mission, the details of which she did not know, only that it had something to do with the Salterri Empire in the south. Iconeh was gone to talk to some of Zargrim's generals to take precautions to the looming war ahead. She was alone on this one.

She mentally steeled herself. This was the first time she had to hold a speech to the entire populace of Earthhome. However, this was a neccesairy evil, for the propaganda by the Union was poisoning the minds of the Kasumori people and had to be debunked.

"Are ya oké, miss Nyllana?" A familiar voice said from behind her.
    Eleljak, the leader of the goblins of Zargrim, walked up to her, flanked by his wife, her daugher Paryna at his side. "I guess I'm not alone on this. Good day, Eleljak." She said and smiled gently. Although there were a weird couple, they seemed happy with one another, helping eachother with both inventing and royal matters.

"You are just in time Eleljak. I see you recieved my message. I need you to tell the people how the goblins think of Kasumor. No lies, even if they are negative towards the Kasumori."
    Eleljak bowed and smiled a ferocious grin. "Don't fret, my lady, I've got what you need!"

A while later, Nyllana and Eleljak appeared on the balcony of the Kyuden overseeing the central plaza of Earthhome, on which thousands of people waited for their new queen to shed light on the rumours.

"My brothers and sisters of Kasumor, Cloudiz and Goblins, Elves and Humans, hear me! I know that poisonous rumours have been floating about for quite some time now, speaking of treason within the Grand Coalition and retribution from the Union of the North. How much it dreads me, I must tell you the truth: The Union of the North is indeed planning to invade. Not our lands, but the lands of our most stauch ally: The Ignatio Empire. Also, the Sympol people, together with other traitorous nations, have betrayed our trust and turned against us in a horde of squeaking vermin."

The crowd began to get noisy after this. Nyllana went on before it could escalate.

"However, the Grand Coalition is strong. As we speak, our armies are emmassing to crush the heretics and the vermin. I know that the Union speaks of invading to free the people of the Nyroth province. However, this cannot be true. Among their ranks are those of Crima, which was proven beyond a doubt to be the homeland of the assassin that killed the Blazing Avatar, Avatar of the Guardian of Fire! As such, they must have an alterior motive for this invasion! Also, they claim the goblins of Zargrim to be oppressed and in need of freeing. I would like Eleljak, Ambasador of Zargrim, to say something about that."

Nyllana stepped back, letting Eleljak take the stand.

"G' afternoon dear matez. I would like to respond to the statement of this "Union" and the ratmen who thinks we Bucka are in need of saving."

Eleljak pulled out a piece of parchment and continued:

"On this piece of parchment are the results of an investigation we've done on the happiness of us Bucka. The results are very... interesting, if I may see, certainly when you assume we are oppressed. It says that 80% of the Bucka are happy with this Kasumori "oppression", 15% are neutral and 5% against. Why you ask? Well, you all know we goblins are very keen on inventing. Before we were part of Kasumor, we did not have alot of materials to experiment with.

However, when we became part of Kasumor, MAN did we get some stuff. Cotton, Alchemical Components, Those giant prevaz! Not to mention we also gained access to imports from abroad we sorely needed. THIS...IS....PARAVEZ for us! We even have an hevva that we can use to educate young Bucka! Furthermore, food was scarce in Zargrim. We were starving and deprived of good food. Well, guess what... We arent starving any longer! We have all the food we could with for! Fish, Boar meat, even bread!

My father and the former Shïnguard might have misunderstood eachother, but that is only because we did not speak eachother's language. My father is now a good friend of Marius and even synchonised his stepping down of the Ambasador position with him to help him out on his venture.

To conclude this, I have one thing to say on behalf of all Bucka. Let us be "oppressed" by Kasumor, especially if this oppression means that we have a better life and more freedom then even before. That is all, thank you."

The goblins in the crowd below bursted into cheering, shouting praises in their own language (OOC: which is Cornish). Nyllana, amazed at the goblin's speech, stepped forward again.

"As you hear, the goblins of Zargrim do not harbor any hate towards Kasumor. So I say to the Union as Eienguard of Kasumor: Your "liberation" is not wanted here.

As for the Vermin of Sympol and the elves of Eyrecradia, I say this. Your treachery will not go unpunished. Our prowess and those of our allies will squash you. My father, as many other leader in the Coalition, put their trust in you. And you failed them. Now you will reap what you sowed. FOR THE GRAND COALITION! FOR HONESTY! FOR ASHMAR! FOR PROWESS!"
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-03-05 at 06:36 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I realize I neglected my actions in the post above, and would love it to stay edit free. It is nearly perfect as is.

Show
    • Curiosity 10: Introduce new Technology (Griffon Riding)
    • Military: Raise 1000 Infantry
    • Military: Fortify all units on the Western border of Celero

Note: Because all these action take place under King Andust (specifically to get the benefit of a Curiosity 10 action) I am pretty sure my replacement ruler does not benefit from these actions to gain +2 military score at the end of this round.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-03-05 at 10:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Not Entirely IC But Doesn't do Much Good getting Lost in the OOC Thread

Here's the Committed by actions troops and other war-related things so far

Attacking Zagrim
    10 Military Leader (The Duke of Sympol)
    +4 Winning Tactics Mountain Roll (Negated by the Doge's Maneuvering)
    13 Sympol Military Units Post
    +? Techs
    Attack Roll 6 Roll
    Current Total: +29

Defending Zagrim
    9 Military Leader (The Doge of Guilder)
    +0 Tactic Maneuver (Success; Negate's The Duke's Tactic) Roll Post
    5,000 Guilder Troops Post
    5,000 Ignato Troops (All Kasumorian Cavalry) Post
    4,000 Zagrim Goblins with Hovercraft Post
    4,000 Kasumorian Insect Cavalry Post
    4,000 Pryonian Troops Post
    2,000 Scla'ca Troops Sent & Transport
    1,000 Keldagrim Troops Post
    +3 Techs (Kasumorian Insect Cavalry X 2; Zagrim Hovercraft)
    Attack Roll 6 Roll
    Current Total: +43

Attacking Sympol
    9 (4.5) Military Leader (Halved for Secondary battle so 4.5) Doge of Guilder
    3,000 Guilder troops Post
    Attack Roll 2 Roll
    Current Total: +9.5

Defending Sympol
    10 (5) Military Leader (Halved for Secondary battle so 5) Duke of Sympol
    3,000 Eyrecardian Troops Post
    1,000 Sympol Troops Post
    +? Techs
    Attack Roll 9 Roll
    Current Total +18

Attacking Celero
    9 Military Leader Umajin Khalif
    7,000 Cree Troops Post
    2 Cree Warship Units Post
    6,000 Bordeux Post
    4,000 Ashenian Troops Post
    +1(More?) Techs (Mithril)
    Attack Roll 1 (5?) Roll Blade's Roll if Applicable
    Current Total: +30 (+35?)

Defending Celero
    8 Military Leader Hrathan-Tuor Guildmaster Loki
    +4 Military Tactic: Coasts (Success) Roll
    5,000 Gunung Troops (+1 Adamantium) Post
    4,000 Celerese Troops Post
    4,000 Ignato Troops (1,000 have Kasumorian Cavalry) Post
    3,000 Hrathan-Tuorkey Troops Post
    3,000 Calorum Troops Post
    2,000 Genivanan Troops Post
    +1(2?) Techs
    Attack Roll 5 Roll
    Current Total: +39

If you're not here you either haven't taken the actions to warrant it or I missed them, point it out in the OOC thread when you add them/where they were that I skimmed over them and I'll add em in.

Also, I'm unclear what techs each units have/what modifiers they give exactly so those are omitted at the moment until I have a better understanding.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-08 at 07:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

8. - Top - End - #188

Prowess, Forever....

Fluff: Counterdeclaration.

1. Defend Zargrim with 4000 Goblin Infantry (Hovercraft) and 4000 Kasumorian Insect Cavalry (Insect). These troops also grant a +2 due to Tech. (Mil)
    2. Train 1000 Kasumor Insect Cavalry (Mil)
    3. Train 1000 Kasumor Insect Cavalry (Mil)
    4. Secret (MHUHAHAHAHAHA) (Curiosity)
    5. Continue expanding the University of Culture. Added courses are History of the Grand Coalition, The Struggle for the Heartwaste and The Staring War (UN-GC conflict). (3/5 Cur)
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-03-09 at 07:26 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

9. - Top - End - #189
    Halfling in the Playground

Calorum council chambers
    The brand new High priest Vilindrae opens her eyes, She had not even noticed she closed them but the tension had been to great. She had just ordered the recruitement for more troops and had been afraid of the responses of the other priests. In the reign of Combulei, May He rest in eternal fire, only 3000 troops had ever been organized. She looked at the priests in anticipation, and to Her relieve she saw a blazing rage in their eyes that was not directed at her. It was a rage directed at the murderers of the Blazing Avatar, May the Lord saviour his soul. The priests are ready to go to war!
    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    A new High priest is installed, Vilindrae Divinorum daugther of Combulei rolls: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=3144.
    Diplomacy: 3
    Military: 3 + 1 inheritance = 4
    Curiosity: 1
    Faith: 3 + 2 inheritance = 5
    Luck: 2

1. Raise 1000 troops
    2. Raise 1000 troops
    3. Raise 1000 troops
    4. reserved
    5. reserved
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

10. - Top - End - #190

Actions

Spoiler
    Show

1: Open Assassin's guild services to all member nations of the triumvirate [diplomacy]
    2: Secret
    3: Dispatch 3000 troops to aid in the defense of Celero, lead by High Guildmaster Loki Ethmorl (military 8). [military]
    4: Dispatch assassin team to kill Duke Bloodfang of Sympol. For Morph: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=99
    5: Raise 1000 troops.

EDIT: Apparently I'm in command of the Celero defense force, so here's a roll:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=109
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2014-03-08 at 12:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Easiest Bounty Ever Claimed

The Assassin smirked to himself. As the Sympol armies marched off to war, preoccupied with threats from all sides, they seemed completely unaware of the threat at home. Not of the massive army sent from the Doge, or the betrayal of the Tekorvians. A much simpler threat, the threat of a dagger in the night, slipped so easily through their beloved Dukes throat. This whole process went surprisingly easy, though considering how frantic the government was with all the war bouncing about, the Assassin wasn't too surprised. His team had managed to infiltrate the Iron Fortress, bribe or take out every guard, and get their primary hit man into the Duke's personal bedroom.

Sneaking forward, the Assassin carefully twirled his dagger around in his hand, and glanced at it as the light flickered off its serrated edges. Mirroring and obscuring the world in a glimmer of light, vanished in an instant. The fireplace crackled and roared softly, feeding heat and warmth to the Duke who sat upon his comfy leather chair. So old, so decrepit, yet still feared and respected. Oh the stories they would tell of today! The day the world shook as an Assassin snuck behind Bloodfang and killed him. The Duke stared passively into the fire, watching its flickering movement and exotic mannerisms. He held a hand up to his mouth, coughing repeatedly, and wiping away a bit of blood he had hacked up. Now his teeth truly were blood stained. Silent as the grave, the assassin continued his slow crawl, and finally snuck behind the chair. He began to raise his dagger, ever so slowly, and prepared for a stabbing motion.

"What took you so long?"

Shocked at being discovered, the Assassin rapidly stabbed down, trying to cut the Duke. His arm suddenly jerked to a stop, as the vice like grip of the Duke took control of his forearm. The Assassin did not even have time to scream or pull away, as the Duke quickly and unblinkingly broke his arm. The dagger clattered to the ground, useless, and the Assassin writhed against the ground in agony.

"This is your plan! You attack me, in my realm, in my own home!"

The Assassin began to rapidly limp away, but the Duke merely walked over to his bed, blood boiling and raging. With a mighty tug he ripped off a bed post, and chased after the Assassin.

"Try to kill me behind closed doors? Away from prying eyes? Amongst my own people? HERE I AM A GOD!"

The Duke slammed the chunk of wood into the Assassin's leg, cracking bones, and sundering flash. The world began to move backwards as the Assassin was dragged away, clawing towards the door with his one good hand. Gripping his foot on the damaged leg, Bloodfang yanked him forward, and slammed him against the wall next to the fire place.

"Armies quake and tremble at my command! I am thirty years your elder and yet still I am superior then you will EVER be. You are nothing but an insignificant ant, a wretched worm thrown at my feet in the vain hope that I will keel over and die from your presence."

Each breathe was a fit of haggard agony for the Assassin, his chest seemingly collapsing on him as he deliberately tried to take deep and controlled breathes in, only for his lungs to rapidly and painfully fail on him. Eyes bulging, the Assassin held out his hand to stop the Duke, but was batted aside as the Duke raised him against the wall.

"I have seen abominations the likes of which you piss yourself at night dreaming of. I fight the monsters and the beasts that your mother reads to you before sleeping at night. And I kill them. I stared and listened to the heart of darkness. And I ate it. You dispatch murder as a business practice, it is my lifeblood, the part of me that fuels my soul,"

The Duke punctuated each sentence by slamming the Assassin against the wall, or shaking him violently. Loosening his grip, the Duke dropped him against the ground, and watched the Assassin fall limp near the fireplace. Placing his paw firmly on his back, the Duke began to push him forward with deliberate and slow speed. Constantly applying more and more pressure into the burning coals. All the while the Assassin frantically tries to claw his way out, and push away from the fire, his pain too intense to withstand against the Dukes pressure.

"I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!"

The Duke quickly lifted up his foot and kicked it forward, shoving the Assassins left arm into the fire, and watching it set ablaze. Reaching for his iron coal grabber, the Duke grabbed a chunk of coal, burning in a bright mimicry of the Lord of Fire. Pushing it down onto the Assassin, the Duke singed his face and burnt it, applying pressure to the Assassin's face for a few good seconds before pulling away, and then lazily dropping it on his eye.

The Assassin roils in agony, rapidly trying to subdue the flame. The Duke merely walked away patiently, ignoring the screams of torment behind him. He merely walked near his bed, and picked up a mostly full pitcher and a bowl. Walking back to the Assassin, the Duke tsked softly before grumbling.

"Oh, you poor thing, you must be in agony."

Raising his flask, he pours Vinegar all over the Assassin, and watched as the fire goes out, but he continues writhing in searing pain. To further the process, he dumped the entire bowl of salt and sand onto the Assassin's wounds. Striding away from the agonizing Assassin, and opened a window shade. Held behind it were the hanged bodies of the Assassin team, their flesh seared or mutilated, and their organs ripped out and exposed.

"THIS is what you call a professional assassin team? Please; I've fought insubordinate generals tougher then you."

Picking up the fallen dagger, the Duke placed it in the fire quick to heat it, before shoving it straight through the Assassins knee cap. Relaxing back into his chair, happy and chipper at the moaning Assassin, Bloodfang prepared for a good night, and raised his feet to use the Assassin's crumpled form as a foot stool.

"Next time you wish to kill a Sympol. Do so on the field of battle."

~A Few Hours Later~

The Duke clutched his throne, his body rocking slowly back and forth. His eyes twitched, his nails dug into the iron, and his teeth gnashed against one another. Tears welled up within him, his breathe catched itself in his throat, and yet he did not allow himself to fall apart. With a limbs, weary and weak, he began to move slowly, constantly fighting off visions of gore and death.

"I hurt myself today
    To see if I still feel
    I focus on the pain
    The only thing that's real
    The needle tears a hole
    The old familiar sting
    Try to kill it all away
    But I remember everything...."

Standing up from his throne, The Duke shuffled forward slowly, his paws slowed down as if he were swimming in molasses.

"What have I become
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know goes away
    In the end
    And you could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt...."

He leaned down low, his claws wrapping around the maimed form of his son Queek. A bloodied pulp of what he once was, scarred, mutilated, and beaten beyond recognition. His grip tightened, sinking his nails into Queek's shoulders, and causing his deceased son to rock back and forth with him.

"I wear this crown of thorns
    Upon my liar's chair
    Full of broken thoughts
    I cannot repair
    Beneath the stains of time
    The feelings disappear
    You are someone else
    I am still right here."

With a hand shaking violently, he took the iron crown from his head, bloodied and dented from the beating he had given the Assassin with it. Bits of bone and brain tissue still clung to it as Bloodfang placed it upon Queek's head, assembling a unified image of some Macabre Duke of a Sepulchral Kingdom. Laying his son back down, he tried to stand, but buckled underneath his own weight, and instead crawled his way over to the other horror he had to face. Queek had gotten it easy compared to his brother Krick. His head had been decapitated, only connected by a mushy, tenderized string of meat that might have been his throat at one point.

"What have I become
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know goes away
    In the end
    And you could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you HURT"

His eyes focussed in rage, his body curling up around his sons gaping head. His mouth contorted into the feral sneer of a lion, and he began to foam at the mouth, roaring and hissing like a stark raving maniac.

"IF I COULD START AGAIN
    A MILLION MILES AWAY
    I WOULD KEEP MYSELF
    I WOULD FIND........."

He slunk away from his children, tears streaming down his face, chest shaking violently. Until finally he reached the cold, iron wall, and slumped against it. Holding his head in his hands, he curled up and blocked his eyes from seeing any more.

"A way......."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Duke Bloodfangs two children, Queek and Krick Van Troven, have died this day. In their search to find and isolate the Duke, the Assassins had also dispatched two of his sons in the process. Snikk remains safe in Guilder, whilst Virmiscus was busy handling tribal affairs in The Heart of the North. The sole title of heir rests upon Virmiscus' shoulders now.

Bloodfang has issued a day of silence.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-03-07 at 03:12 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #192

Calorum council chambers

The council was over and Vilindrae was the only one left. She opened a letter from her brother, Simovi. He and his wife had been blessed with a baby! That reminded her of her own children. In the past 5 years she had worked hard to produce them, as is required from a high priest. She had given birth to 5 children and was only actively seeing 2 of them. The others were taken to Caluxdor, to be thought by the monks there.

Spoiler: Updated Actions
    Show
    1. Raise 1000 troops [military]
    2. Raise 1000 troops [military]
    3. Raise 1000 troops [military]
    4. Send 3000 troops to the aid of Celero, therefore 1000 are pulled back from the Heartwastes [military]
    5. Organise open temple meetings were stories are told of the old Avatar and were the principle of the Avatar is explained to all. How there will be a new Avatar and that he is never really gone. [faith]

Spoiler: Children
    Show

Arthus Divinorum, Boy, born 361, succesor of Vilindrae
    Bruter Divinorum, Boy, born 362
    Trivina Divinorum, Girl, born 363
    Selena Divinorum, Girl, born 364
    Chi Divinorum, Girl, Born 365
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"We sail today, Kynvessa. Are you -"

"Of course. I'm afraid the prince won't be happy, but oh well... I am protecting his children, after all. No-one can fault me for that."

"Harsh of you... I approve. How many of them are you carrying? And do you have proof they're legitimate?"

"Naturally. I've been keeping myself mewed up in a tower with only female servants allowed in, aside from him; he'll have no choice but to acknowledge them as legitimate, when they're born in five months and none the worse for wear."

"You still haven't said how many..."

"Two. Twins, as expected. Just like me and Varel. No chance he'll be able to weasel out of it on the grounds of a concubine's son trumping a wife's daughter or some-such."

"Two, and they're that far along but not showing?"

"Just a glamour. Your Lilium isn't the only one who knows how to get help from the spirits. He doesn't even know I'm pregnant yet; won't until a couple of weeks from now. It's all spelled out for him in a letter he'll find when he comes looking for me. He's not that much of a fool; if he'd known he'd finally gotten a child on me, he'd have kept me shut up until at least the birth."

Spoiler
    Show
    Kynvessa gives birth to the heirs of Tekorva in distant lands. The girl is named Ashbelle, while the boy is known as Raal.

Spoiler
    Show

Colonize Region 41.
    Colonize Region 26.
    [Both Curiosity]
    Secret Action. [Luck]
    Bribe goblins to desert and come with us, along with some plans. [Luck]
    Ally with Guilder, but not the GC. [Diplomacy]
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-03-07 at 11:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194

letter from Simovi Divinorum to Vilindrae Divinorum

Dear sister, High priest of Fire,

I am writing you this letter since the dead of the Blazing Avatar has shock me and Bertra most sincerely. In these hours of darkness we must have strong fate in the Lord and trust that he will lead us to salvation. Remeber what Combulei showed us on the second night, it will make sence eventually.
    But now to more pleasuring news, Bertra and I have been blessed with a baby. I have never seen any baby like it, it is an absolutely wonderfull event. How are things in Calorum?

Let me hear from you soon,

Your dear brother,

Simovi

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Simovi and Bertra have gotten a child, the name and gender are not known jet

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

"Marius," Gareth said painfully. "It's not that I don't want to go. An old warrior like me...once again traveling the world for one final thrust of honor. I could think of no better ending to our story." At this point, the former king's shoulders sagged heavily. "Unfortunately, these times are under different circumstances, and not all stories have the endings we would like. The sun is setting, old friend, and I intend to ride into it. It’s time to face my past. For them. And for her.” Gareth refused to explain his plans to Marius, lest he try and stop Gareth. It would be better this way. Marius was leaving, and unlikely to ever return. He’d never find out the fate of his friend, and that gave Gareth some small sense of comfort. If only I could give my children a similar gift, Gareth mused to himself.

---

Sometime later, after the two esteemed rulers had lamented and reminisced, they embraced heartily. Marius’ dyed cotton robes were a stark contrast to Gareth’s dark ones. Dark had been all Gareth had worn since he had stepped down.

“Perhaps I will see you again, my friend. I’m not sure what Ashmar says about other lives, or an afterlife, but we shall see soon enough, me thinks.” When Marius was on his way, Gareth watched for a long time. A deep sadness rested on his heart, and he watched the horizon long after Marius had disappeared beyond it. Gareth’s thoughts wandered back to the dream that had changed everything. It was nearly all he thought about these days. Flashes of images – The rage of war, men screaming. A lone figure. And fire. Fire consuming everything. He shuddered at the clarity the dream still had. The clarity of what the dream asked. The clarity of his resolve to obey.

---

Gareth rode to the land of turmoil to the west of his nation, the Heartwaste. A lone rider in this land was dangerous, but he required but one flask of the chemical that erupted from the ground of the nation, its rusty, viscous liquid churned. Gareth chose a particularly small pool, away from the others, and dismounted. He drew the flap from his pack bag, and took a glass container out. He had work to do.

---

Traveling through the allied nations of the Grand Coalition was relatively easy. The landscapes were barren by the excess of troops sent out to fight in the war. Fields were sewn early in the season, in what Gareth assumed was an effort to feed deployed troops. The people he encountered seemed stressed. Ah, the horrors of war. The pointlessness of death. How many more people needed to be slain? How many wives and husbands and children would be lost? Devoured by the grinder of war. This must stop. Was his mission deigned from the Lord of Fire because of his loss of faith at his own loss? How many would lose faith when they feel the cold hand of death touching one of their own? Even the Avatar had fallen in this pointlessness. And amidst the pointlessness and hopelessness that Gareth had in his own life, somehow he had found his faith. Now, he would help them find thiers.

---

After some time, Gareth finally arrived in Celero. He received directions from some townsfolk every now and then, but for the most part, following the scarred earth from thousands of feet traversing it was easy enough. He came over one final rise, and saw the scene of the two armies, spread out on two ends of a valley, a beach framed behind them. Like a tolling bell, the image jarred Gareth to his core. It was an image from his dream. Resolve took hold, and he rode forward eagerly, dark clouds gathering above.

---

The two armies had not attacked each other as of yet, at least for today. Scars of battle having ensued littered what once might have been a beautiful valley. First, Gareth rode to Ashenia’s forces, holding a banner of peace. He was a friend to Ashenia, his own daughter married to one of their own. They accepted him easily. After deliberating with the King, he eventually convinced him to treat with him and the enemy rulers of the Grand Coalition (and any other nations that might be represented on the Union’s side), should they agree. “Perhaps we can stop this needless bloodshed,” Gareth said in an almost desperate voice. “Bring a bucket of water with you.” Then, he rode around to the other line, holding a similar banner of peace, his own flying below it. Many of the rulers with the Grand Coalition side were the sons or daughters of men he had just a few weeks ago said goodbye to. They were familiar looking, and he knew they knew who he was. They eventually agreed to a meeting of rulers between the two sides, and he said as he took his leave, “Make sure to each bring a bucket of water.” Their looks of confusion followed him as he rode out to the center of the field, winding his way around the corpses of horses, insects, griffons and men. The stench was potent. He came to a stop about half way between the two nations, and waited.

---

Eventually, cautiously, the leaders came. By this time, Gareth had made a small fire which he sat some few feet from, and had taken the liquid from his pack and doused himself completely. It had a warm, oily feeling on his skin. He resisted the urge to itch at it. He observed they all carried buckets, and he nodded. Another toll hit him as the leaders gathered to either side of him. “War has a price. Whether you defend, or you attack, you lose. Look around you at the valley around you. You chose it based on strategy I assume, but actually look. Look at the destruction this has caused. It will take generations to recover, and that is just this valley. Think of your nations. Your people. Your families. Your Lord.” Thunder boomed in the distance. The storm would break soon. “I lost my wife while I warred. She died of an illness I could have prevented had I not been away. My carnage was rewarded with death. What will your reward be?”

Gareth brought out a flint stone causally, and toyed with it in his hands. Any ruler who recognized what he was covered in gave the item a look of disbelief and panic. Gareth pressed on. “I am here, because someone must tell you that every action has a reaction. I ask you to stop. To give up on this conquest. To not follow those that came before you, but learn from their errors. I ask you to stop.”

The leaders around him looked at each other grimly, but they seemed as resolved as he. Perhaps they thought a bluff was occurring. Perhaps now that he no longer was Lord, they felt his words had no meaning. Perhaps they were blinded by their own hatred. Well then. I will give them light to see. Gareth stood. “I asked each of you to bring a bucket of water.” He gestured at the crackling fire, another bell tolling in his head. “One of you think you can put it out?” He waited until someone nodded. Right now, this is where we are. On the brink of war, you can put out the fire. You can put it out before it consumes you.” He stopped, and looked seriously into each eye. Into their cores. “If you continue to do battle, and keep this pointless war…” He paused. “Well…you’ll find that no amount of water will quench the fires you have lit.”

Gareth, unflinching, stepped into the fire, and ignited within seconds. Despite the attempts of those around him to put him out, he continued to burn. As Gareth screamed, and wept dry tears, his last thoughts were of his wife. "My love...I...am...coming. Lord of Fire...take me."

As Gareth passed, the sky open up, and it began to rain. But not even that could quench the flames of his corpse.

Actions -
    1 - Assist Razdis with Curtain wall construction. [+1 to his Project]
    2 - Continue Training University [3/5]
    3 - Continue Granery Project [2/5]
    4 - Colonization of Region 32 [2/2] (more Grain sent to nation)
    5 - Explore with Sea faring unit (with another grain export) beyond Fianna's Fastness, and around the curve of 32, if a nation is encountered bordering it, begin colonization attempts if possible.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-08 at 07:50 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

16. - Top - End - #196

RangerGuy

Fluff to come.

Actions:
    [FAITH] Continue building the Great Temple [2/5]
    [FAITH] Faith 5 Special: Organize the religion Kelarthianism.
    [Military] Raise a third Army Unit
    [Military] Raise a fourth Army Unit
    [Diplomacy] Trade Great Lizards with the Scla'ca people in exchange for their herbs.
    Coven Wars (Just clicking would make me happy)

17. - Top - End - #197

This is a summary of sorts, about the Venture me and a couple of other players did half a week back. The information present here is known to every member of the GC. However, if you can OOC and IC seperate, you can read it aswell. Keep in mind that this is only known IC for members of the Grand Coalition.

Spoiler
    Show
    The passing of a generation...

It was a rainy day, very fitting in retrospect. It mirrored the dreadness within Marius' soul. His old friend, Gareth, had refused his offer of one final glorious march south. However, it was not the refusal that bothered him. It was the look in Gareth's eyes. From that, somehow, Marius knew he wouldn't meet Gareth again, even if he survived the following months. Silent tears streamed down Marius' face. His orange-dyed traveling cloak waved in the wind, as like a fiery final farewell.

"May your passing be one of grand and glorious Prowess, old friend." He whispered to himself.

After that, he took one more look at the Crest and spurred his mantid homewards, towards Kasumor. No matter what Gareth was planning, he had his own ideals to uphold. And there were others that thought the same as he.
    Despite everything, he smiled. They would change the world, not as kings and rulers, but as men, as warriors. As it should be. As it should have been. He was more cut out as a tool of war then a ruler. Nyllana would make the perfect heir, her mother trained her well. Aaahhh, Helena, he would never see her again, never feel her warm embrace, forever lost in the cold. But if this was the cost for the survival of his people, so be it. Prowess..... even in death. He hummed a rhyme from long ago, a relic from his mercenairy past:

"By our swords we stand and fight.
    We uphold our might and plight.
    By coin and by pride,
    we ride down our enemies by the star's light."

For our brothers and our coin are our treasure.
    The true things from which we take our greatest pleasure.
    May our Prowess hold us save and sound,
    from the perils this world has abound.

Now drink up, my friend, this may be our last day,
    for in the distant world, the dire wolves bay.
    To battle we go, our pride intact,
    until death breaks our solemn pact."

__________________________________________________ ______________

A few days later, he arrived in the Shared Port of the Grand Coalition, in Celero. He left Kasumor in a hurry, only vaguely explaining what he was doing to prevent anyone from stopping him. He just hoped it worked. He boarded the ship they had commandeered, The "Sweet Revenge". He had a hunch who was responsible for taking this specific ship. He boarded the vessel.

Inside, he found the likely culprit of the commandeering of this ship, plus the three others he was expecting to find. Smiling, he greeted Dyamus, Tumberrink, Eljak and Aitah. The three ex-rulers were discussing some trivial matter when he entered, but they all stood up and heartly greeted his. Dyamus with his big grin and his trusty spear on his back, Aitah the moderate, Tumberrink who was discussing something about the worth of the ship ("Heh, typical.") and ofcourse Eljak, his trusty goblin, or rather Bucka, governor.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-03-08 at 01:55 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Shining Swiftly, Upon the Field of Battle]

The battle standard of Crima was held high entering the field of battle, followed by the hosts of Ashenia and Bordeux. At their side along the coastline came Crima's great fleet of Warships, built to withstand the pressures of the Central sea and the arrows and slings of outrageous fortune alike. Shining coats of mithril and fine steel points could be seen all across the field. Far in the back, the printers moved and moved to hand off orders to the Chiropteran messengers so that they could be delivered to the appropriate persons, and scores upon scores of horses were fielded to serve the thousands of troops.

Oh, how these men and women shone in the sun! The brightness of their armour reflect'd upon all that sat ahead, almost twenty thousand marching to almost certain doom! The grim sun's heat were as nothing for fear of the terrible foe they yet faced, but victory was never impossible.

This battle would define all that was to come, but its commander would not live to see its end.

During the final charge, to determine which side would rout, a stray arrow sought out a chink in his armor, a place where the mail had bent against a sword's blow earlier upon the field, and struck true! But nothing, nothing would change. The Lord of Lyradis had been a fool to think that anything but blood would end this war, and blood had been spilt. The unbroken Khalif, with an adamantine point between his ribs, bled. After sixty-eight long years of life, the color finally drained from his face and spilt upon his shirt, staining the fur of his steed and bringing horror to the eyes of his retinue.

"Fitting...I suppose. Just like dear old mother."

And with that, Umajin Khalif expired upon the field of battle, his wound overcoming him in his advanced age.

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show

1) It's a seeecret!
    2) Raise 1000 troops (Military)
    3) Send out a proper declaration of war, seen in one of Burch's above posts because he posted my beta of it for some reason. (Diplomacy)
    4) Send a message to the Salterri, to tell them that the Coalition is weak and overextended. Let them make of that what they will. (Diplomacy)
    5) Lead the Union Army into Celero, to fight the Grand Coalition force massed there. May the Spirits protect us! (Military)

(Umajin has a military score of 9 and is sending 7000 troops and 2 units of ships. Union Technologies include Ocean-faring ships, Mithral-forging, and the Printing Press.)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-03-08 at 02:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

Introducing the new kid: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=397

Näiyop sat at the window of his study, looking past the oak bushes in front of his palace at the blazing funeral pyre of his father in law, which was still burning on the far shore of the lake. He was chieftain now. However well Karyan an Nyovu had served his people, he hadn't been the most courageous ruler. Nine years ago Näiyop had brought proof of green lands to the south, possibly other tribes. But Karyan had done nothing, too afraid to change the way the winds blew, as he used to call it. Now the people were his responsibility. Now the winds would have to change. For better or for worse. If he was honest, he had to admit that he was a little scared as well. But if his fear had been greater than his curiosity, well, then someone else would be sitting in this chair now. He would simply have to be careful. The chieftain rose abruptly and got to work...

Actions:
    [faith] Arrange the ceremonial burning of the former chieftain
    [curiosity] Improve and fashion fur clothing and tents for the long trips south
    [curiosity] Send scouts to find safe routes to the southern regions
    [curiosity] Send scouts to quietly learn about the southern neighbours
    [curiosity] Investigate the taming or breeding of mammoths or wooly rhinos for use as pack animals

Attributes: +2 curiosity
    Last edited by aspi; 2014-03-08 at 06:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldbury Field, West Celero

The soldiers of Celero were ready to take their orders from the leader of Coalition forces. Most of these Celerii were very green. What passed for veterans among the men had merely participated in the so-called "bandit-wars;" A patrol along the kingdoms roads had discovered the terrorists, now known throughout the Kingdom as having been sent by Crima.

Blood boiled among the webbed-handed. Rumor was that the Umajin himself would meet them on the field of battle; every man and woman from Celero was determined to be the one to fell the Chieftain of Crima. Even if the battle ended in a loss, all of Celero would rest easier knowing the mastermind of their terror, would at last, be dead.

When Guildmaster Loki asked for volunteers to bear the brunt of the Union assault, every soldier from Celero volunteered. Their determination was unquestioned by their peers from the other nations, though not entirely unexpected from the Coalition officers, but to the rank and file of the rest of the coalition forces, the soldiers of Celero were fast developing a reputation as a force of fierce defenders of their homeland.

Nothborough: The Royal Palace of the Celero Royal Family, just outside the Capital of Lancaster

The King, upon his intricately carved four-post bed, coughed more and more with each passing day. When he was awake, he demanded to see his children and grandchildren, but was often of so foul a mood, that few dared visit him for more than a moment's time.

A few days earlier, he received word of the conflict beginning in with the Sympol, a brother within the Grand Coalition. He knew just a little of the war in the east, and before he became ill, ordered to send a third of the army to assist in the defense of Kasumor's holdings. But when news reached him of the army marching on his own borders, he clutched his chest, and collapsed, in full view of over a dozen court nobles, rivals and friends alike.

Crown Princess Yasira had always loathed the idea of marrying, becoming a mother, and ruling as queen. When she met Ruffino of Guilder, some of her reservations disappeared, but she her fear of inadequacy as a ruler never dissipated. She had nearly abdicated her line of succesion to the throne, until her brother Fihnn became moody, and near mad at the wedding between Leona Flamestrike of Kasumor, and their brother Rion, younger twin to Fihnn.

Now she ruled as Crown Regent, weary of every moment in court, always wondering if her father would approve of her judgments. The only decision she had no doubt was correct, was accepting her right as regent, instead of deferring the role to Fihnn.

Visits with her father were increasingly hostile, and she no longer brought the children. The Kings namesake, her youngest child, knew his pa-pa was sick. The child's cries were nearly too much to bear, but Yasira knew he would remember her father as King Andust the Bold, not the king-confined-to-his-bed.

She entered her father's bedchambers, and saw a physician at his side. The King was obviously upset, and she heard the latter half of what seemed to be a heated discussion.

"...I'm sorry, my King, but I will not bring you hippocras. It will only hurry your death."

Andust snarled in response. "That's half the reason I want it, you damned vulture! If the king wants to mercifully kill an old dying man, you do as he says! It matters not if the old man is himself!"

"You may leave, Doctor Fuller. I will see to my father for a few hours."

"Yes, Que... regent." He leaned in closer and whispered to Yasira, "Please, do not give him what he asks for. I have given him something for the pain, but do not let him end his life prematurely, it will not let him into the afterlife, the great ancestor forbids suicide." The doctor turned to leave. When he was at the door, Yasira spoke.

"My father, the King, will get what he wants when I decide his time has come."

The doctor shook his head as he closed the doors, muttering, "Stubborn monarchs, the lot of them." in a barely audible volume.

With the doors clanking shut, Yasira crossed over the room, to her father's left side. He always favored that side, and after his collapse, could only see out of the one eye.

"Father, I know..."

"If you haven't brought me my grandchildren or some hippocras, I don't want to hear the next word you have to say." The King interrupted.

"Father, I promise you, I will give you what you want in but a moment. I just need to ask you a few things, before I never get the chance again." Her tone had shifted from serious, to remorseful in but a few words, and she was doing her best to hold back her tears. They fell anyway. Hot teardrop from her eyes streamed down her face, muddling the makeup concealing her age.

At the sight of his little Lass crying, Andust's expression softened. "Now now, my dear, sweet little Lass. Weep not for me. Old men die. It is the way of the world. What must not die is our country. And I trust you to do what is best." He feebly lifted his scarred hand to the chin of his daughter, and lost the strength to move her head to face him.

Yasira clasped both hands around that of her father's, and cried herself to sleep beside her father.

Andust was still awake and calmer and clearer of head than he had been in what seemed like weeks, though he had been told his collapse had only been five days prior.

Yasira was sleeping part on the floor, part on the bed, and just barely still in the chairas the moonlight began to creep into the room.

"Hazael, we were wrong. We weren't racing each other to our graves, we were trying to die before we saw this horror of war on our lands. I'm afraid you did win after all. I'll be there shortly, if I have my way."

A voice came from the shadows. "You need not fear, dear brother. I told you, I would serve your every wish, until my last breath. Here, I have your favorite. Hippocras." The man from the shadows handed Andust the cup, and the King drank deep.

"Thank you, my brother." He said, closing his eyes. They would not open again.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-03-08 at 11:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

The skirmishers of squad Godel let the first group of enemy scouts go past. The next line could handle them any way and arrows spent now could not be loosed into sergeants and standard bearers later. When the second group of rat men moved past the clump of trees in which Sargent Godel had placed his men, the first trap was sprung. NOW! yelled a voice from the trees. These rats were not the usual fearless, battle-hardened, and most of all tough storm vermin that the Duke usually commanded. So when Bladecrystal arrowheads thudded among the small, in experienced platoon, killing the leader, who was distinguished by his well polished and well kept amour, and both corporals by pure chance,no one was in charge. Do when the unit had finally gotten it's self into cover, half of the platoon was dead. And when the ground beneath them burst into flame they died. With two of the four traps unsprung. When the rat men finally took the clump of woods that hid Squad Godel, two more platoons were either out of action due to high casualties, of wholly annihilated. Of Squad Godel, the Sargent was the only surviver. A 7:1 ratio of kills was good, and Godel knew he was blessed. Three spear thrusts had nearly killed him, and he was missing two fingers on his left hand, but he had seen fire in its glory, and knew his faith was true.
    Last edited by Arutha; 2014-03-08 at 10:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

End of Round Seven.

Any edits to actions in posts edited after the time of posting this one are considered not valid. (Excepting the OP, of course.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Round Eight: Begin!

Don’t forget to link to any rolls you make for Diplomatic colonization checks, Military battle and tactical maneuvering checks, Curiosity tech-stealing checks, Faith conversion checks, and rolls for rulers you will start using at the start of next round. If you want a new ruler in the next round, you must state so in your action post for this round and link to their rolls. Any increases from actions for this round count for your current ruler, but may provide greater bonuses to their heir.

Good luck!

BOOM!
    All population amounts of existing regions have been tripled! The Military rules have been adjusted accordingly: regions now have a limit of 1/10 their population in troops. This is so that the population density is more realistic, as well as the amount of the population being in the military being more realistic.
    Waylander, do this before going over the rest in this post.

Investigate!
    Sycian scholars study a magical pan! They discover that—though they cannot see the moment when it fills with meat—the pan gets hotter upon closing, a clear sign that something is happening inside!

Islander scholars study a flying ship! They discover that the model ship’s sails are perfect for sailing with more unpredictable winds that come with a 3D environment, as well as being geared to flying against the wind. How exactly it flies though… that is still up in the air.

Gunung scholars study the sword that was used in the murder of the Blazing Avatar! They discover that it’s made of an alloy of adamantine and mithril, engraved with crude, ancient runes. The sword bears a strange glow, though it is unknown if that is due to its actions or its origins.

Wenyavuk people study the breeding of mammoths and wooly rhinos! They have discovered that they are not interbreedable.

Explore!
    Lyradis has discovered region 60!

Kasumor has discovered region 7B!

Tekorva has discovered region 18B!

Colonize!
    Razdis has finished colonizing region 14B!

Bordeux has finished colonizing region 26!

Lyradis has finished colonizing region 32!

Gunung has begun colonizing region P8!

Grmanhil has begun colonizing region 30!

Alydaxis has begun colonizing region 41!

Scla’ca has begun colonizing region 42!

Guilder has begun colonizing region 53!

Guilder has begun colonizing region 54!

War!
    Celerese Coast
    Commander: Khalif Umajin (Mil 9)
    7000 troops from Crima
    6000 troops from Bordeux
    4000 troops from Ashenia
    2000 troops from the Sulvan Primarchy*
    2000 naval troops from Crima*
    Roll: 5 [here]

Vs.

Commander: High Guildmaster Loki Ethmorl (Mil 8)
    Tactician: Emperor Olwyt Ignato (Winning Tactic: Coast*)
    5000 troops from Gunung (1000 mantid cavalry)
    4000 troops from the Ignato Empire (1000 mantid cavalry—not specified which regions they come from)
    3000 troops from Celero*
    3000 troops from Hrathan-Tuor
    3000 troops from Calorum
    2000 troops from Genivana
    1000 naval troops from Celero*
    Roll: 5 [here]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naval troops can only defend against attacks from naval troops, and as such normally couldn’t defend Celero in this battle. However, due to tactical maneuvering, the battle takes place on the coast, so I allowed the naval forces of both Crima and Celero to be part of the major battle.

1000 Celerse troops were in ill fighting condition due to sleeplessness and disease, but marched nonetheless. They were slaughtered in battle without providing a bonus.

The Sulvan Primarchy has gone NPC, and as per the terms of the Union of the Northwest has dedicated all their troops to the war. They did not wish to march against their dwarven ally Keldagrim, but honoured their alliance with their neighbours When they saw no conflict of interest between the alliances the Sulvai had made, as Keldagrim did not fight against the Union.

All Union forces are equipped with mithril arms and armour. A large amount of Coalition forces are equipped with adamantine arms and armour. The Union technologies of printing press and ocean-faring ships give bonuses as well, but only because the rules currently make it so. The rules for technologies are going to change soon and as such these will not give a Military bonus in Round 8 and onwards. Celero’s technology of griffin riding to make aerial units has only been introduced in Round 7, so does not apply to this battle taking place during that same round.

Zargrim Mountains (the first ‘r’ is silent)
    Commander: Duke Bloodfang Van Troven (Mil 10, Winning Tactic: Mountains)
    13000 troops from Sympolemou in plate armour
    3000 troops from Eyrecradia*
    2000 troops of goblin rebels
    Roll: 6 [here]

Vs.

Commander: Doge Tumberink (Mil 9)
    5000 troops from Guilder
    5000 troops from the Ignato Empire (all mantid cavalry—not specified which regions they come from)
    4000 troops from Kasumor (insect cavalry)
    4000 troops from Za[r]grim (goblin hovercraft divisions)
    4000 troops from Pryonia*
    2000 troops from Scla’ca
    1000 troops from Keldagrim (mantid cavalry)
    Roll: 6 [here]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pryonia didn’t mention specifically how many troops they’d sent, but as QuintonBeck’s post lists all of them and Arutha did not object to that, I assume they’re all present.

Eyrecradia sent half its troops to Sympolemou, which would need to travel through Zargrim to get there, and as such are present in this battle.

Sympolemou Coast
    Commander: Alonzo Fiassa, by order of Doge Tumberink of Guilder (½ Mil = Mil 4 [rounded down])
    1000 troops from Guilder
    Roll: 2 [here]

Vs.

Commander: Captain Duskeye Harken, by order of Duke Bloodfang Van Troven of Sympolemou (½ Mil = Mil 5)
    1000 troops from Sympolemou
    Roll: 9 [here]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guilder only sent one naval unit to attack Sympolemou.

The Great Tellurian War: the Results
    Celero: 38 [UN] vs 39 [GC]
    Zargrim: 39 [NB] vs 42 [GC]
    Sympolemou: 7 [Guil] vs 16 [Sym]

Crima has lost 1000 naval troops.
    The Ignato Empire (Woodwind) has lost 1000 army troops.
    Celero has lost 1000 army troops.
    Sympolemou has lost 2000 army troops.
    Guilder has lost 1000 eastern naval troops. Alonzo Fiassa has been captured.
    The above stuff seems like it’d be handy for Waylander’s table, no?

The Great Tellurian War: the Annals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celero
    The Celerese soldiers had it tough. They were camped along the western border of the country, constantly vigilant in the face of enemy attack. They had to be, with the terror spread in recent years, the murder of the Blazing Avatar within their lands, and now war literally looming on the horizon. Many of them suffered from insomnia, others had fallen sick from eating spoiled food that had been fresh the day before, food that shouldn’t have spoiled yet.

When the troops from the Grand Coalition arrived, Hrathan-Tuor and Calorum arrived first, as well as Genivana. Imperial Ignato troops arrived days later. Where were the others? Where was Gunung, and Kasumor, and Pryonia, and Keldagrim, and Guilder? Were they to stand against the full might of the Union of the Northwest with a mere eleven thousand? Things looked bleak, as bleak as the lucky dead some even said, often accompanied with a short prayer to the spirit of their late king. “Andust was a lucky one,” murmured major Thomar. A kinder Radurjan might’ve called blasphemy, but under the circumstances they had to reluctantly agree. What nobility their Hrathaness and Tuorkey fellows might’ve found in warring against Woodwind and Nyroth was ill sought here. The old man kicked another log onto the fires, despite the dawn already arriving. If Thomar had had better prospects in life, he might’ve been a librarian, but instead his fate had turned out to be that of a soldier, one he had stuck to for longer than most in spite of Celero only really fighting against enemies within her borders for the decades he had served so far.

With the arrival of Hrathan-Tuor and Ignato, High Guildmaster Loki Ethmorl and Khan Olwyt Ignato met with Thomar and the other higher officers. They would make a move towards the coast and force an encounter there, or the Union would risk being invaded in turn by their combined forces. The High Guildmaster would take command over the battle, having experience from two prior wars, including fighting the Woodwind people, now their allies. Though Woodwind wasn’t Crima or the Union, in ways they were close, due to distant ties of blood. Thomar supposed that was the best they could hope for, strategically.

A horn sounded not too far away. Two short bursts every time. Danger. A few minutes later they could hear horns further away, deeper and more threatening, accompanied by the thrumming of wardrums. Thomar spat in the fire and stood up. “Union bastards have arrived.

The men were ready within the hour and stood upon the battlefield facing the Union troops. A young soldier stood next to Thomar in the ranks, shaking. Thomar slapped him in the chest with his hand. “Get a hold of yourself, soldier; now’s the time to protect your family and your land, not to piss yourself and shame the Great Ancestor.” The young man swallowed and seemed to at least try keep his bearings. Thomar sighed and faced forward. He supposed that was the best he could hope for.

Blood stained Thomar’s face. He wasn’t sure if it was his, as he’d cut through several Union soldiers already, his experience serving him well. He was better prepared to face the horrors and feel the thrill of battle than many of his peers. While the young man whom had stood with him at the start of the battle had already fallen with an arrow through his throat, Thomar had begun to entertain the thought that he might live through this having killed a soldier from each of the Union’s nations. The thought made him grin sinisterly. He hadn’t ever thought of himself as a sinister man, but in the face of death men do wicked things, and this was that moment for Thomar. They were losing. They were losing fast. Things had only gotten worse when Crimar forces had landed with ships on the beaches and stormed them from the side. Thomar had run into the Khan and told him they should retreat, but the man had only yelled back ‘trust me!’ So Thomar trusted him. He had no other choice.

True to Olwyt’s words, soon the horizons in the north and south bore signs that were grim and hopeful. Grim for their contents, hopeful for their meaning, as the northern skies darkened with a thousand Gunung mantid cavalry, accompanied by four times more foot soldiers that stormed the Union forces from the side. To the south, Celerese ships landed on the beaches and begun fighting the Crimar troops that had landed there before them, sandwiching them between them and the main Coalition army. Few would be able to escape. When Thomar looked closer, he was surprised to also see the shrieking open maws of lizardfolk warriors, crying out a multitude of names for the sky and their nation as battle cries. “Scla’ca! Scla’ca!

The day ended with the armies pulling apart again, and Thomar discovered there was surprisingly little death despite the great amounts of bloodshed he had seen. Perhaps he’d simply been in the midst of it all, but he didn’t mind. He’d gotten away alive, unlike three Union soldiers.

Keldagrim
    AH WODHES KEWSEL KERNEWEK!” Gyranack Eltyr Bloodmoon screamed in the dwarf’s face, before skewering him with a glaive. The goblins had still not acquired independence as they wished, nor had they slain Feldin Grimhammer, or retaken Zargrim. Nevertheless, their forces had grown since they had fled Zargrim back into the underground tunnels. Many goblins were dissatisfied with the oppression by the dwarves and the Fiddle Chief had even given them his support. Now they had received word from the surface that trouble was stirring, and the goblins had found a new ally. Gyranack grinned maliciously. There would be blood. There would be land. She would yet be queen.

Sympolemou
    The battle had been short, but bloody. Though their forces had been equal in number, the Sympol had had the benefit of home ground, superior military, and protection in the form of plate armour. Duskeye Harken laughed scoffingly and loudly in the face of the captured Guilderene officers and soldiers. “You’d think the might of the Sympol sinks as easily as your ships? Looks like Guilder has been proven wrong once again!” He spat on a captive as he walked by them. “Our skin is fur and steel, not bare and vulnerable! Our hearts are harsh, our lands harsher! We gnaw and gnash and bit and crush like the cold gripping teeth of winter! Our dance is death and our song is blood-gurgling of slit throats!” He stopped in front of the Guilderene captain who had led the invasion. Duskeye regarded him as he would’ve a Sympol who had failed him like the invasion had failed the Guilderenes, but yet a touch worse, for he was not Sympol, but man. He leaned in and stared him right in the eyes. “Next time your petty little country tries a swing, they might as well send women.” Clearly he didn’t know the difference, most of the sailors he’d walked past had been women.

Alonzo didn’t take kindly to insults. When Duskeye leaned in to further dig in his words, he lunged and dug his teeth into the Sympol captain’s nose. Duskeye howled in pain and kicked Alonzo away. The Sympol shot a deathly glare, but he had his orders. “Take him to the gaol.” He ordered, his voice dripping with clear intent to exact vengeance at the next opportunity.

Convert!
    Scla’ca shamans have converted people in Tar to the Cult of the Sky!

Terror!
    The goblins of Keldagrim begin to stir! Some have joined the rebel forces that came from Zargrim, and returned with them to the surface to join the Sympol in battle!

New Map!
    Spoiler
    Show

Regions 33 and 46 have been added! Not much is known yet about these regions. These have been added to give prospective players an option to pick a new region. Please wait until at least Tuesday to start colonizing them to give new players a chance to claim them.

Regions 34, 35 and 36 have been added! They’re part of the Salterri Imperium.
    The above has been revealed due to a secret mission conduction by [the late] Doomkhan Dyamus Ignato; Shïnguard Marius Earthguard, High Priest of Ashmar; Eljak, governor of Zargrim, Samu of the Bucka; and King Aitah Gunung. May they rest in geese.

Region 59 has been added! This region will be reserved for a new player, so no colonizing it.

Region 60 (discovered by Lyradis) appears largely barren. It has one Great resource though, in the form of a native creature—to be decided by the player to fully colonize the region. The region has 51000 inhabitants.

Other!
    Bereginia stops sending resources to Ashenia and Crima.

High Chieftain Umajin and many of his heirs fall in battle on the long beaches of Celero. His lands are inherited by relatives in Bordeux, and thus his lands become lorded over by the Lord of Bordeux.

A strange child is born in Raaneka. Her eyes are milky white, though she seems to be able to see just fine. Otherwise she seems to be a perfectly healthy baby girl. Her parents have named her Shvedrishti.

The child of Simovi Divinorum and Berta Cardion is a healthy, bouncing baby girl!

Artists in Sycia and Qarimos have begun to theorize there must be a connection to the trunk-faced creatures in both their countries. Images of wooly mammoths and elephants in a circle, holding each others’ tails with their trunks, begin to appear. Some dub these ‘semi-wooly ouroboroses’.

In Solus, a perfectly straight, pale white stone pillar has fallen out of the sky. It is set several feet deep in the ground, and there appears to be a mouth-like hole in the pillar just above the ground.

A wise man from Kyaralath who has heard tales of Mosi calls him ‘da gran monmon’. The people seem to be interested in osuro.

Scouting parties have appeared in Hazaria of unknown origin, their skins painted like bone-white scales in pattern.

A Yorukuninin has been found dead in a pile of hair, her canine teeth removed in bloody fashion. They appear to be at least twice as large as normal…

Rumours are spreading of a gathering of monks near the Blue Volcano.

A strange child is born in Tuor. The child did not breathe when he was born, but it moved nonetheless. His skin was like a pale berapi white, eyes were a blazing red and his lips and nails a bruised-looking purple.

Naomh Fionn Sheenan of Domhan Abhaile has disappeared into the mountains of the eternal storm. The tribe leaders don't get to an agreement on what to do next, and turn to their partners in trade for advice: Tekorva, Sympolemou and Qarimos. These may decide amongst themselves what happens with Domhan Abhaile.

The Primarch of Sulvan's Fury and his family have disappeared, gone like the old rockcarver Gerriock once had. Due to Sulvan law, the dwarves of Razdis, dwarf-blooded Eyrecradians and Lyradisians, and the Sulvan royal family's cousins in Keldagrim may lay claim to the Sulvan throne and compete for the title of Primarch.

The Heartwaste has fallen deathly silent in the midst of the thunders of war. Marriage claims fall to Tekorva and Ashenia, or Guilder might yet claim it with a single final conquest. Tekorva automatically acquires the Heartwaste, as Elder Yuuhi is married to the heir of the former queen of the Heartwaste. Though Yuuhi is not immediately also lord over the Heartwaste, their heir will be.

Many people in the Heartwaste have gone. Some to unknown lands, others going underground to Eyrecradia. Dominantly fey-blooded Heartwaste peoples move to other nations where distant fey relatives might reside. 4000 Heartwaste people move to Eyrecradia. 3000 Heartwaste people move to Sycia. 2000 Heartwaste people move to Kasumor. 2000 Heartwaste people move to Yorukuni. 1000 Heartwaste people move to Tekorva. 1000 Heartwaste people move to Guilder.

The Eyrecradian royal family appears to have vanished like their neighbours. The people wonder what will happen to them now in these uncertain times. Perhaps their Razdissi relatives will merge their kingdom with theirs? Perhaps a marriage claimant will rise?

Sulvan's Fury, the Heartwaste, Eyrecradia and Domhan Abhaile are hereby NPC countries.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-10 at 07:43 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Last Round's Increases: Cur/Mil
    1. [Military] Military 10: Tactic "Shallow Water"
    2. [Curiosity]Colonize Region 53 [2/2], with a stack of Grain to help convince them.
    3.[Curiosity] Finish colonizing Region 54 [2/2] With a stack of.. uh... Bronze to help convince them.
    4. [Military] The Doge continues his defense of Kasumor with his full compliment of troops.
    5. [Diplomacy] The Last Visitation.
    Spoiler: The Last Visitation
    Show
    The Last Visitation is the final act of exploration by the exiting Doge of Guilder, Tumberink. It is a memorial service to commemorate the sanctifying of an island in one of Guilder's largest fjords to be a holy resting place for all good people. At that ceremony, the Doge will gather lists of the names of the dead. When the Visitation is finished, the Doge will announce the transfer of all his worldly wealth to his firstborn son, Humperdink. Following this, one other announcement is listed.

Of course, since this is a Guilderene event, trade is allowed. Just keep it tasteful and OOC, if possible. Guilder's trades are as follows:
    Spoiler: Trades
    Show

-With Ignato Empire: marriage of Columbo to Yelfis.
    -With Celero: [Griffons]/Riding Tech for [Inventors]/Ocean Tech
    -With Raneeka: [Heartwine] for [Bronze]
    -With Sanctuary: Sign Awoken Treaty. Trade [Inventors] for Plate Armor Tech.
    -With the Blazing Monastery: Send two teachers from the Technical Institute with the monk Paco.
    -With Razdis: Sign treaty to give up 14b in return for 1 stack of each of its resources.
    -With Renyavuk: Give them list of nations and resources. Schedule trip for Columbo.

Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-14 at 11:36 PM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Last Round's Attribute Increases: +2 Military

Spring 368

The Ashenite prince had arrived in Ashenite style three days ago, riding into Woodwind atop a fine stallion, a rare sight within these and most Coalition lands owing to the frosty relations between the Coalition and the Union, but all this had been forgotten, or at the very least, ignored by the general rapture which held the people fast. Never before had royalty from a land been set to be married to an Ignato. It had been tradition since even before the Khan of Khan's Dyamus Ignato to keep the ruling family's blood pure Woodwind stock, taking from the ranks of the merchants and well the to do spouses to be elevated to Ignato blood. Even when the Empire had been founded with the conquest of Nyroth and Aloren the noble blooded there were afforded positions of respect within the new Imperial government, but none had been allowed to marry into the Ignato bloodline. Now this great white prince of the north, known as such for he was much lighter in pallor and dressed in fine white clothing, was to take the hand of the Princess Syana Ignato, the Emperor's third born and only daughter. It was an event to be sure.

It was an event Syana had been very unsure of when her father had told her of it two years ago on the second eve of Cantus Sai. Her father had always discussed his intention to strengthen the relationships between the Empire and the other nations through marriage but she had always imagined herself marrying some nice Kasumori boy, or a Guildsman from Hrathan-Tuor, maybe a Nia-Rohana from Genivana. Near the bottom of her list of expected betrothals would have been a prince from Ashenia.

The Union and the Coalition had been at each others throats for decades and the monument being built in Celero was a testament to just how thin peace had been between them. Even more so than the conflict between the Horse and the Snake was the direct conflict between her grandfather and the leaders of the Union. It had been only through the death of the Khalifate of Crima and grandfather's venture south that peace had even been considered after the Battle Aldbury Field. And now it was to be even more than peace, it was to be marriage.

Prince Korath and her had begun corresponding through letters shortly after she had returned from Cantus Sai. At first they discussed little beyond the superficial. Exchanging royal pleasantries and platitudes, but as time went on they began to speak more freely and she had been surprised at the way in which she grew to anticipate his letters. Over the two years their correspondences had given way to deep personal revelations and the two had come to understand one another on a deeper level than Syana would have thought possible.

Korath was very intelligent, but not much of a social butterfly, preferring to read and write, mostly poetry, though he had only shared a little of it even with her. She had made him promise she would know more of it when he came to Woodwind. She herself had told him of her love for politics, how she played the role of adviser and representative of her father among the still developing Senator-Nobles and she often complained and lamented the inane acts of the rising noble class. Korath had written quite a humorous limerick regarding an Alorese senator she had complained about in a previous letter.

His arrival in Woodwind had been a bit of a shock to her, for while she knew it was coming she had not imagined the day would actually arrive. She had been sitting in her room, weaving Nyrothian silk into a wedding sash intended for her betrothed when her mother had come and told her the Prince had arrived and was being kept in a smaller Imperial retreat outside Water's Watch. It was tradition that the bride not see the groom and the groom not see for three days prior to the wedding. The two had discussed the tradition in their correspondences and while they had agreed two years certainly had enough three day increments as to make up the time she had been unable to convince her parents of the same.

Thus the last three days had been the longest of their betrothal, and though correspondences carried by servants were much quicker, that had simply made the wait all the more heinous. She was sitting in her room looking at the box that contained their letters when her mother arrived in the doorway.

"It is time my dear."

Syana looked up at her mother, surprised, it seemed soon all of a sudden. She stood up, her white dress falling around her and she picked up the red silk sash she had sewn for her husband to be, marked with the Ignato oak leaf and symbolizing the transference of Ignato blood to her betrothed.

Without a word she followed her mother through the halls of Water's Watch and out to the courtyard that had been meticulously decorated for this day. Her mother led her to where she was to wait. A shadowed alcove on the east side of the courtyard, blocked by bridesmaids and guards from other party goers. Across it was a duplicate alcove within which she knew stood Korath.The voices of party goers began to quiet almost as soon as she arrived and her father's familiar voice rang out.

"We are gathered here today to witness a great event of joining and peace! A wedding! The first to induct those outside our lands into the Ignato bloodline!"

An excited cheer went up from the crowd. There were of course those who disapproved of breaking the tradition but they were few and had not been invited to this event. Her father continued,

"It is with great pride and honor that I bring together my blood with the noble blood of the Toranaths, leaders of Ashenia through my daughter Syana Ignato of Woodwind," at that Syana began to move forward from the alcove, "and Korath Taranath of Ashenia!"

The wall of people that barricaded each alcove parted and for the first time she saw her Ashene prince across the courtyard. He was dressed in white, as she was, a tailored suit that bespoke of foreign styling but fit him well. He was tall, like a Woodwind man, but his skin was light and his eyes not dark as hers were. He might have stood out a few decades before amongst the Woodwind folk, but with the lighter skinned Alorese guests, the lizardfolk of Nyroth, and the occasional silver-white skinned Nyrothian human who had broken their sleep cycle, he seemed as fitting here as anything. He did not carry himself as a full time warrior, but he did not seem weak, and she could see in his eyes as she got closer that he was quick, though their letters had confirmed that. She smiled at him and he returned her smile with enthusiasm.

She could see in him the many things they had discussed in letters and though her mental image of him was not accurate it no longer mattered, it had been replaced with this visage instead. They both reached the middle of the courtyard where her father stood, presiding over the wedding. He looked down and smiled at them both, giving his daughter a wink.

"Korath Toranath of Ashenia, do you agree to take Syana Ignato as your wife and in doing so become a blooded family member of the Royal Ignato line?"

"I do."

"And will you Syana Ignato of the Royal Ignato land agree to accept this man into your line as a blooded Ignato?"

"I do."

"Then let the newest member of the Ignato line kneel so that the blood of the Ignato might be laid upon him!"

Syana lifted the red sash, allowing it to unfold as she placed it over Korath's bowed head, the striking red color standing out clearly on his white formal attire.

"Rise now as Korath Toranath Ignato!"

Korath rose from his knee and took Syana's hands into his own.

"Let us feast!"

The ceremony thus concluded the couple kissed and the lively action of a party picked up, Aloren story tellers and bards telling bawdy tales and whirling about with instruments as the party swelled and danced late into the night.

Fall 370

Olwyt paced the wooden floor of the Imperial Palace, still in the style of the Khan's Overhouse, in Water's Watch. His brother and Mtafiti Barasa had still not returned from the Last Visitation. He knew his brother would be angry to learn of Olwyt's allowance of Yelfis to marry away to Guilder, but it was politically and personally a sound move. She was unhappy since her mother's death, she desired to be far away from Kilwen and his lover, and she had the spirit of an explorer. She would make a good Guilderene and a good piece to bring the nations on opposite sides of Telluris together. Olwyt would have traveled there with her himself if Cantus Sai had not demanded priority. They were so many years apart, perhaps he should have attended both but he could not afford to be gone so long.

"Father, you worry too much, Uncle will return. Avie will see that he does.

Olwyt looked up at the source of the voice, his eldest son, Rebdin, a very bright lad and one he wished he could have sent to accompany his religious brother and rebellious niece but who had to remain behind to see to happenings at home. He could have left Garthuna, but the boy didn't have the mind to lead and while Syana did she was too young and she served a better position as a marriageable Ignato woman.

"I'm sure you're right," he nodded, "But he should have been back by now," Olwyt paused and gave a sly grin to his son, And what are you doing back here so soon, I thought you and Marana were working to give me a grandchild?"

"Everyone needs to take breaks father, no matter the task," Rebdin laughed but his face grew contemplative as he spoke next, "But I can sense it now. Marana is with child. The Watafiti say they sense the same."

Olwyt nodded, the Great Ancestor touched all life and if any were to detect a new pinpoint through which it was entering it would be the most devout Radurjans.

"Have you heard news from the expedition?" Olwyt changed the subject.

"Not since they entered the Aloren forests. The Enclave Scholars seem convinced the origin of the Kobolds lays underground and that Heaven's Blade must have access to their lair. I wouldn't even believe in Kobolds if I hadn't spent a few years studying there and seen one being dissected," Rebdin said, his face wrinkling at the memory.

Olwyt smiled, "Yes, the Scholars are a strange folk, but they're educated and hopefully our efforts to reform the Enclave will make it a more attractive location for the less empirically minded.

"And what of the war?" Rebdin asked.

It was Olwyt's time to wrinkle his face, "Our troops continue to report inaction from the Sympol, they're staying on their side of the border, just like they did after their defeat, but it's unclear what's to happen and I've been awaiting an agreement from the rest of the GC on whether we are attacking or defending. If only the rats would make a move we might know what to do next."

"Men, so concerned with wars they don't even notice their wives or their brothers,"

Olwyt turned to see the familiar face of his wife, Ilias, standing near the doorway, and next to her Marana and- It was Kilwen and Avie!

Olwyt smiled and approached the arriving group, "It was only moments ago we discussed radiant beauty and brotherly love!" he teased Ilias as he gave her a kiss.

"Kilwen!" he said, smiling and waiting to see his brother's reaction, "Let me begin by-"

"There is no need for explanations brother. You did what was right, it was the will of the Great Ancestor for it to be so and I shall not stand in his way." Kilwen smiled lightly and embraced his brother the emperor.

"But I will not say that means you do not owe me a favor," Kilwen added as they released their hug.

Olwyt straightened himself and his smile faded some, "And what would you request?"

"Avie and I wish to travel to Genivana, to partake in the Osuru ritual and ascend to Mashahidi."

Olwyt paused, thinking this over. His brother would become the highest of Radurjans outside Mosi himself if he completed this task and he knew of no Mashahidi living outside Genivana lands, but he did owe his brother for his duplicity...

"Very well brother, next year you and Mtafiti Barasa travel to Genivana with my blessing. But for now we must celebrate your return. Come, let us feast as family. Rebdin, go and fetch your brother and sister and her husband."

Olwyt smiled, even with the war still to the east, things finally seemed to be calming down for Woodwind and the Empire. He only hoped it would last.

Show

1.) Focus 7,000 Imperial troops (5,000 from Woodwind, 2,000 from Aloren) to attack Sympol (Equipped with Adamantine Weapons and Kasumori Insect Cavalry (+2 tech))Roll (8 Mil Leader) [Military]
    2.) Host/Attend a Peace Agreement between Union of the Northwest and Grand Coalition Forces in the West to cease hostilities and come to an amicable agreement. [Diplomacy] EDIT: Begin Expanding the Enclave of Existence into a location not only for empirical study and meditation but also one of story telling and weaving, a center focused on developing intellect and charisma of the students sent there. Project: Enclave Expansion (Progress 1/2) [Curiosity] EDIT: Send a detachment of 1,000 Imperial soldiers and 20 Enclave Mystic Scholars to explore Heaven's Blade, the mountain deep in the Aloren forest for any signs of access to an underground region there. Enclave Scholars theorize the rare Kobold sightings upon the surface world may be due to their living underground and thus this is an expedition to explore but also to make peaceful contact should this theory prove true. [Curiosity]
    3.) Emperor Ignato is to travel across the Grand Coalition to Sanctuary to partake in the event being held there known as Cantus Sai [Diplomacy]
    -Begin trade with of Na'Nuk Amber for Nyrothian Timber
    -Begin trade of Raaneki Heartwine for Nyrothian Silk
    -Begin trade of Solus Olive Oil for Woodwind Fish
    -Begin trade of Jeweled Cities Kelp Oil for Nyrothian Silk
    -Begin trade of Sanctuary Stone for Nyrothian Timber
    -Olwyt sends his niece Yelfis Ignato to be married to the Doge's family in Guilder
    -Betroth Syana Ignato of Woodwind to Korath Toranath of Ashenia to be married in 2 years time (Year 368) The couple will reside in the Imperial Palace in Nyroth
    -Come to an agreement with the Jeweled Cities
    Spoiler: Agreement
    Show
    Agreement of Sun & Horizon

The Jeweled Cities shall give to the Ignato Empire in this year 366 the technological specifications of building ocean-faring vessels and shall in return be granted land along the coast of Woodwind to construct a port city under Jeweled City jurisdiction but with respect and deference to Imperial law.

Furthermore the Ignato Empire will send students to the Naval Academy of the Jeweled Cities to learn how to properly navigate and use the ships who's design has been granted to the Empire. During this time of training experts from the Jeweled Cities will assist the craftsmen of the Empire in any boat construction activities to ensure their sea-worthiness. The Jeweled Cities and the Ignato Empire also agree to mutual, non-military assistance to vessels in distress.

Lastly an ongoing trade shall be established of Jeweled City Kelp Oil for Nyrothian Silk

-Come to a Peace Agreement with the Union of the Northwest
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peace Agreement to end the War in Celero between the Union of the Nortwhest and the Grand Coaltion

The peoples of the Union of the Northwest (consisting of the Kingdom of Ashenia, the Bordeux Concordant and Sulvan Primarchy) and the Grand Coalition (consisting of the Hurosha Empire, the Ignato Empire, Gunung, The Kingdom of Celero, Guilder, Pryonia, Calorum, Keldagrim and Lyradis) agree to under no circumstances come against one another, in whole or in part, for a period of at least twenty years.
    Lord David of Bordeux agrees that neither he nor his descendants and heirs shall make any claim on Eyrecradia. In exchange, High King Feldin Grimhammer agrees that neither he nor his descendants and heirs shall make any claim on the Sulvan Primarchy.
    In addition, the Union of the Northwest (consisting of the Kingdom of Ashenia, the Bordeux Concordant and Sulvan Primarchy) agrees to limit their armies to eight percent of their population for a period not exceeding twenty years as a gesture of good faith.

Signed sealed and dated at Aes Shinchuu in the year three hundred and sixty-six.

-Sign a treaty with Sanctuary
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Alliance of Empires

Pact of Military Defense and Cooperation
    • The signatory nations pledge to aid in the defense of the sovereign lands of their fellow signatory nations under any threat of attack.

The signatory nations pledge to aid in acts aggression against those deemed by both parties of the alliance to be "Irreconcilable Threats"

In the event of war the forces of the signatory nations will be lead by the most capable military leader from either side at the time of the conflict.

Pact of Mutual Non-Interference
    • The signatory nations agree to at no time send to the soil of the others nation any uninvited or unwelcome entities under penalty of breaking all agreements herein this alliance.

The signatory nations agree to at no time attempt to proselytize the people of the other's nation without express consent given by the ruler of the other nation.

No tribute shall be levied by either party against the other in any form.

Trading Agreements
    • 1 stack of Nyroth Timber in exchange for 1 stack of Sanctuary Stone

Signatory Nations
    Ignato Empire
    The Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary

4.) Continue Great Project: Senate (Progress 2/5) [Diplomacy]
    5.) Attend the Last Visitation in Guilder [Diplomacy]
    -With Guilder: 1 stack of [Dire Boar] for Ocean-Faring Tech
    EDIT:Begin Expanding the Enclave of Existence into a location not only for empirical study and meditation but also one of story telling, writing, and histories. It is to become a center focused on developing the intellect as well as the charisma of the students sent there. Project: Enclave Expansion (Progress 1/2) [Curiosity]
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-15 at 10:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Fluff!

Coming Soon...

Spoiler: Last Round Increases
    Show
    +1 curiosity, +1 military

Show
    1) [c] Finish colonization of region 41 (2/2). Region info to come in my nation post.
    2) [c] Expedition to High Gate to form a colony (colonize, [1/2]).
    3) [m] 1000 troops [c] Explore to the west of region 41. Our thirst for expansion will most likely never be quenched.
    4) [m] 1000 troops
    5) [m] 1000 troops

Spoiler: Family/important people
    Show
    Apahulucta: King, 35
    Palinoy: Queen, 33
    Sarthar: Heir, 15
    Veir and Falm: Twin Princesses, 14
    Adik: Prince, 8
    Weltix: Prince, 4

Awnli: Lead Diplomat, 36
    Dakul: Supreme General, 34
    Kahil: Lead Scientist, 35
    Abathul: Future Governor of region 41, 26
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-03-12 at 07:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

((FLUFF TO COME!))

Show
    Increases from last round: Diplomacy/Faith

1. Begin colonizing Region P3 (Diplomacy) (1/2) Rolled: 6+4=10
    2. Accept trade deal from Glazfell, giving grain in return for bronze (Diplomacy)
    3. Travel to Cantus Sai (Diplomacy)
    4. Build an Academy, dedicated to High Priestess Fabula (Curiosity)
    5. Continue to research the magical pan (Curiosity)
    Last edited by HisHolyAngel; 2014-03-13 at 01:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

366 - Host an event in Tekorva 「Cantus Sai」 「Diplomacy」
    Spoiler: Diplomacy actions carried out in Cantus Sai
    Show
    • Ignato-Sanctuary treaty 「Name pending」 - Military Alliance and trade of Nyroth Wood for Tekorva Stone

367 - Lay down the foundation of a Great Temple reaching for the sky in Tekorva and plunging beneath the surface in Yorukuni to a deity unknown to any not involved. Disapproving whispers theorize it is to the being of legend known as the 'Artist'. 「Faith」 「Great Project 1/5」
    369 - Attempt to place Kynvessa on the Throne of Thorns, bringing the Heartwaste into Sanctuary and under the control of High Prince Yuuhi. 「Diplomacy」 「EDIT - Invalid. Heir married to current ruler, no marriage claim necessary.」
    369 - Begin the colonization of region 18B with explorers assisted by 5 land units 「Curiosity」 「Colonization 1/2」
    370 - Scholars of Tekorva begin forming the basis for groundbreaking research on the Spirits due to a dream shared among most of Tekorva 「Faith」

Pending stat increases - 「Faith」 - +1 「Wordiness」 - +1

Spoiler: More Reading
    Show
    Year 8, Yuuhi Era, Xxx [366]

Year 9, Yuuhi Era, Xxx [367]

Year 10, Yuuhi Era, Xxx [368]

Year 11, Yuuhi Era, Xxx [369]

Year 12, Yuuhi Era, Mid Winter [370]

I am alone. I realize this as I tentatively creep through strange streets surrounded by strange buildings. Yet, this feels like home. My footsteps echo through the eerie silence. Or do they? I stop and listen. I feel claustrophobic as I strain my ears. There is no sound. Only the pervasive silence of this place...

Is it growing darker? I look around, but cannot see. The darkness closes in on me and even the sight of the strange, pointed buildings would be welcome.

There. There it is again!

Straining my ears I can hear them. The footsteps, faint but steady as they come toward me. I can barely see, I can barely move. Afraid, I turn around so at least I may face what is to come. The seconds drag on as the footsteps make their leisurely pace toward me. Defenseless.

Yet, as they approach so too does a warmth. Not the sort of warmth you feel under a mountain of thick furs. No, in fact the air was a little cool if anything. It was the warmth you feel when you are with your loved ones, playing or laughing. The warmth of a parent watching you as you triumph over a seemingly impossible task. The warmth... of a guardian.

A tall cloaked figure dressed all in black with silver embellishments reaches the edges of my view. His cowl obscures his face completely. He stands proudly for a moment before raising his hand as if offering to pull me out of a hole. The hand was as pale as death, the nails were sharp and black yet nothing about him threatened me. In fact, I felt I must go with him else all will be lost...

As I take my first step the world blurs around me. Sitting up, I rub my eyes blearily. I could remember the dream in vivid detail. Looking around me, I see my brother also just waking up. He has a look of wonder upon his face.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-11 at 11:02 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

29. - Top - End - #209

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Explore west of region 41.
    2. Invade 43 with all troops from Bordeux and Crima. (MILITARY)
    3. Attend Santus Cai. (DIPLOMACY)
    4. Investigate the "Pillar of Solus".(CURIOSITY)
    5. OOC: Too many actions to take!Investigate scroll from the Avatar found among Umajin's belongings in his palace.

CS Sub-Actions:
    - Cancel ongoing trade of Raaneki Lumber and Heartwine for Crimar Horses.
    - Establish new ongoing trade of Raaneki Lumber for Crimar Horses.
    - Bhavi Asane, a young Raaneki noblewoman, will marry one of the sons of Lord David Bordeux to seal the agreement.
    - Establish ongoing trade of Raaneki Lumber for Solusian Glass.
    - Trade Solusian Olive Oil for Ignato Fish
    - Trade of glass to Ashenia, as well as my new tech.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-16 at 09:07 AM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

[366] Näiyop dismissed the last of his scouts and couldn't help but feel worried. The new Tear in the South was bigger than he had anticipated. In fact, it wasn't a Tear of the Sun at all, it was the end of the ice and there were lands far south where no snowflake had ever touched the ground. This was not what he had expected. But that wasn't what worried him. After all, it would be exciting to explore these new lands. If not for him, then at least for the Na'nuk he would send. No, what worried him were the reports of armies in these lands. Armies of men, of dwarves and even of giant walking rats all bent on destruction. The reports of war. This was not what he wanted his people to find in this new world. He would have to travel south himself, establish contact with those who seemed peaceful and try to return before the next winter.

[367] The chieftain pondered while he waited for the heads of the artisan assembly to arrive. His travels had been a success beyond his highest hopes. It was true, there was war and suffering in the South and he was glad he had not experienced it first hand. But there were also honest people, some of which he hoped to call allies in the future. Many of them had agreed to trades, and now more resources were in his grasp than his people could ever hope for. Not just metal and construction material but luxury items as well. Now if only he could... The sound of footsteps coming through the hallway pulled him from his thoughts. The artisans had arrived. He looked over at the map of the frozen wastes his scouts had painstakingly assembled. There were possible routes to the south that could be expanded into proper trading routes. They would just have to agree on the least dangerous one of them.

[368] The small group of Näiyop and his advisors stood atop a ridge overlooking the nearby valley of a small tributary stream, that feed into the river Wyaskovai near the third tear. They had selected this valley for its level ground and steep, rocky sides. Down below, another herd of Mammoths was being driven into the valley, a task which still daunted many of the hunters, as stampedes were admittedly rare but deadly nonetheless. As he watched, one of the drivers must have angered an enormous, silver haired bull. It burst out of the herd and trampled through a group of drivers. The cries of pain were to close to miss but to far away to help. The chieftain cringed.

[369] Ania smiled widely as she bolted into Näiyops study and blurted out "You're going south on a diplomatic errand? Please can I come with again? I know you wanted me to oversee the preparation of trade shipments, but it is going well. They can make due without me for a few months." Näiyop chuckled and nodded. He might as well let his sister accompany him to Guilder. His understanding of the southerner's languages had increased, but he was still not entirely confident that he had mastered the nuances of it. He would probably never be as skilled as his sister. He smiled at the thought and wished his wife shared her enthusiasm for travel. It would be good to have Ania around, many of the heads of state they had met so far seemed to take a liking to her sincere curiosity and it might be better not to take Inaun to a religious ceremony. While he did not doubt the mystic's loyalty, he had too many ambitions of his own, some of which Näiyop did not agree with.

Show
    1. [diplomacy] Partake in Cantus Sai in Sanctuary. While there, sign the following trade agreements:
    Ignato: [timber] for [amber]
    Hurosha: [cotton] for [amber]
    The Jeweled Cities: [fruit] for [woolly fur]

Also at Cantus Sai, sign the polar peace pact with Pryonia and Gunung:
    - Mutual non-aggression treaty
    - Spiritual dialog between clergies
    - Included trade agreements:
    a) Pryonia: [coal] for [woolly fur]
    b) Gunung: [steel] for [woolly fur]

According to the agreements, send spiritual scholars to Itzli and scholars of trade, artisanry and hunting to the Academy of Culture and Prowess in Earthhome.

2. [diplomacy] Honor the departed in the Last Visitation in Guilder. While there, sign the following trade agreements:
    Razdis: [bronze] for [amber]

According to the agreement with Tumberink, prepare quarters and a workplace for a scholar from Guilder.

3. [curiosity] Based on the scouting reports from last year, begin construction of a trade route south by establishing waypoint stations (minor project 1/2)

4. [curiosity 5] Domesticate woolly mammoths: upgrade resource "woolly furs" (good) to "woolly mammoths" (great)

5. [?] Secret action
    Spoiler: stat increases
    Show
    Last round: curiosity +2
    This round: diplomacy +1, curiosity +1
    Last edited by aspi; 2014-03-16 at 04:40 AM.