New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: FO:E - That Old Manehatten Blues

As soon as Fleetwing stepped inside - knocking the requisite three times on the doorframe - his whole countenance changed. He stopped his strutting and promptly doffed his cowboy hat to the mare, even kneeling a knee in respect. "M'lady Lace; greetin's an' salutations t'you this evenin'. Always a pleasure t'be in your fine company," he said with heartfelt sincerity. "I bring customers, an' th' finest cloths I could track down." He opened his saddlebags and gently - as if handling a newborn foal - produced a bundle wrapped in old paper and tied with string. Instead of a bow, one of his pale yellow feathers was stuck in the knot; a fine, well-tended specimen, unlike the gross ones Gwen had removed. "I only hope th' fruits of my labor are to your liking, m'lady," he said as he presented the bundle to her.

Inside was two matching sets of pre-war nightwear with remarkably few stains, a scrap of lace measuring almost a full square yard, and the ripped end of a rose-colored silk scarf.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, not necessarily a top hat. Just... Posher clothing, to fit in." Then, the very elegant-looking shopmare. Shadow smiles shyly when she's noticed and tilts her peaked cap, before trotting towards the darker clothing that will help her fit in and also merge into the shadows.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

"So thats what ya were up to there Fleety heheh..." She nodded at Fleety's way before looking back at Miss Lace.

"Pardon my manners, name is Gwendolyn, pleasure ta meet'cha,"
    She held out a grubby talon to shake.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The unicorn giggles a bit at Fleetwing's theatrics. She seems amused, but in a more charmed than mocking manner. "Thank you, Fleetwing," she says with a pleasant little smile, before opening the box. Her eyes immediately light up. "Oh my, you've brought back quite a little haul, haven't you? I can certainly use these nightgowns, perhaps use the lace for trim, maybe use the remnants of the scarf for a shawl, or combine them all together and-"

Thankfully, her fashion babbling is cut off by Shadow and Gwen. She looks back up, and smiles politely. "Oh, yes, feel free to look around," she tells Shadow, before turning to Gwen. She studies the outstretched talons with a brief bit of trepidation, before extending a hoof and shaking it with a smile, albeit a slightly reserved one. "Black Lace. A pleasure."

Shadow will find no short supply of dark clothing to hide in around here. Black dresses, grey suits, a wide variety of nightgowns, pajamas, and lingerie, plus an assortment of hats and coats. Most of it looks pretty good, quality wise. It seems she's either managed to find quite a lot of good-conditioned clothing, or she's very adept at cleaning and repairing old attire.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

The dresses are gorgeous, but Shadow prefers the practicality of a suit; the trousers won't hamper movement as much. The lingerie makes her blush, slightly, though with her dark coat it's hard to tell.

When she hears Gwen introduce herself, Shadow pokes her head, still under the old Equestrian Army cap, around a clothes rail or other device for displaying lots of clothing. "Um, it's been a while, so... Am I supposed to introduce myself before browsing? I don't want to be rude." Rudeness stands out in such a place- or it seems as though it should. Shadow's parents, who died when she was a filly, used to stop at Tenpony sometimes on their trading route. Enough that much of the architecture seems familiar, but not enough to have left enough impression for most ponies to remember them ten years later. ((I tend to come up with backstory and the like as I go along; I think about it when my mind is free. I do now know her parent's names, if you'd like them Lycan.))

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

"So how long have you and Fleety here known each other?" Gwen nosily asked as she looked around the shop.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

"You're very welcome, Miss Lace." Fleetwing replies with a genteel bow. "Always an honor t'assist." Though he didn't explicetly mention payment, he flipped open his saddlebag with a wing. Just in case Miss Lace found his services fit enough for payment. "Will you be requirin' m'further services? Any other items you desire from th' Wastelands?" Please ensure he still had a job?

And then, questions! "I have known of the name of the fair Lady Lace for many a year, though she has allowed me into her service for considerably shorter. A few months, as her needs be demandin'." he replied cordially to Gwen.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The dark-furred mare waves a hoof at Shadow aloofly, flashing a kind smile. "Oh no, please, by all means, take your time and look around. Let me know if you need anything. Customer satisfaction and service is my main concern, my dear." Lace then looks back at Gwendolyn and Fleetwing. "Indeed, our business dealings are more recent, though I've seen him around the tower on occasion for quite some time. And no, Fleetwing," she smiles pleasantly at the young pegasus, "That will be all for now. Though, if you stumble upon anything else that you think I may find useful, please be a dear and try to bring it back if you can. Don't endanger yourself too much though," she purrs coquettishly, flashing a playful little smirk.

"They said Miss Lace's place, right?"

"I do believe so."

Outside the store, two nearly-identical unicorns are chattily approaching. Both are young stallions with light beige coats and manes of a red-and-white peppermint hue, and both are clad in old merchant jackets and weathered trader caps. The only differences between the two is that one has a handlebar mustache, and the other a scruffy bit of 5 o'clock shadow.

As they step into the store, their eyes briefly go wide as they spot Fleetwing and Gwendolyn. "Oh dear," the one with the mustache mutters, slinking back a bit. "They're a bit more intimidating than expected. Flim, you do the talking!" he hisses, sidestepping to get behind his twin.

The other twin, apparently named Flim, sighs and slumps a bit. "Why thank you, Flam..."

Lace rolls her eyes in amusement, before waving at the two siblings. "Flim, Flam, always a pleasure. What brings you two into my lovely parlor?" she asks with warm hospitality.

Flim smiles pleasantly, and tips his hat. "Ah, Miss Lace. We were looking for a group of guests rumored to be visiting the Tower, in hopes they could assist us with a small... problem."

"More of a situation," Flam pipes up with an awkward grin.

"A problematic situation," Flim frowns, giving his brother a sidelong glance. He then looks back at Fleetwing and Gwen. "Er, at any rate, my apologies for interrupting. But I understand you two-"

"I thought there were supposed to be three?" the mustache-sporting brother suddenly asks, visibly confused. He begins to look around, perplexed.

"I swear by the holy sisters I will throttle you..." Flim grumbles, clearly growing tired with being interrupted.

Lace just giggles, clearly quite amused.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm over here." Shadow's walking out of an aisle with a rather nice business-type suit hovering in her magic. She hasn't cast a spell, but her hooves aren't making much noise anyway; she's accustomed to making very little noise as she casually trots around. The suit she's carrying is the nicest cheap one she can find; she hasn't got too much in the way of caps, and very little to sell either.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn grinned as she watched the two twins. She then nudged Fleety. "Heheheh, lookie lookie, not even here for half a day and already being propositioned for a job, yeeeAAH." She gave a beaky grin and hovered over to the twins.

"Now now boys, ol Gwenny is here, you got problems, she's got a fist and a 'tude to fix them up."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    The dark-furred mare waves a hoof at Shadow aloofly, flashing a kind smile. "Oh no, please, by all means, take your time and look around. Let me know if you need anything. Customer satisfaction and service is my main concern, my dear." Lace then looks back at Gwendolyn and Fleetwing. "Indeed, our business dealings are more recent, though I've seen him around the tower on occasion for quite some time. And no, Fleetwing," she smiles pleasantly at the young pegasus, "That will be all for now. Though, if you stumble upon anything else that you think I may find useful, please be a dear and try to bring it back if you can. Don't endanger yourself too much though," she purrs coquettishly, flashing a playful little smirk.
    Disappointment flashed across Fleetwing's face and was quickly buried beneath another gracious bow. "Of course, m'lady. If y'wish it, I won't take any unnecessary risks." If he noticed her light flirtations, he didn't seem to show it. "If I find anything else, you'll be the first t'know."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "They said Miss Lace's place, right?"

"I do believe so."

Outside the store, two nearly-identical unicorns are chattily approaching. Both are young stallions with light beige coats and manes of a red-and-white peppermint hue, and both are clad in old merchant jackets and weathered trader caps. The only differences between the two is that one has a handlebar mustache, and the other a scruffy bit of 5 o'clock shadow.

As they step into the store, their eyes briefly go wide as they spot Fleetwing and Gwendolyn. "Oh dear," the one with the mustache mutters, slinking back a bit. "They're a bit more intimidating than expected. Flim, you do the talking!" he hisses, sidestepping to get behind his twin.

The other twin, apparently named Flim, sighs and slumps a bit. "Why thank you, Flam..."

Lace rolls her eyes in amusement, before waving at the two siblings. "Flim, Flam, always a pleasure. What brings you two into my lovely parlor?" she asks with warm hospitality.

Flim smiles pleasantly, and tips his hat. "Ah, Miss Lace. We were looking for a group of guests rumored to be visiting the Tower, in hopes they could assist us with a small... problem."

"More of a situation," Flam pipes up with an awkward grin.

"A problematic situation," Flim frowns, giving his brother a sidelong glance. He then looks back at Fleetwing and Gwen. "Er, at any rate, my apologies for interrupting. But I understand you two-"

"I thought there were supposed to be three?" the mustache-sporting brother suddenly asks, visibly confused. He begins to look around, perplexed.

"I swear by the holy sisters I will throttle you..." Flim grumbles, clearly growing tired with being interrupted.

Lace just giggles, clearly quite amused.
    And just then, new work! Clearly, the chivalrous in this world do not go unrewarded. "What seems t'be th' problem, fellas?" Fleetwing addresses them, slipping back into his usual cocky tone. "If there's somethin' what needs solvin', you've come to th' right pegasus." He tipped his hat confidently.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: OOC note
    Show
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry this keeps slipping my mind with everything else I've been distracted with and dealing with and whatnot. I'm so sorry. ;_;

The two brothers look back and forth a moment, before the non-mustached one tilts his head curious. "Actually, sir, that's the problem. We're looking for a different pegasus."

"Indeed!" the other brother nods with a cheery smile. "Though I'm sure our pegasus will be happy we found the right pegasus, so long as you're not Enclave."

"Yes, he's rather unfond of the Enclave," the more level-headed brother says with a roll of his eyes. "But that's moot right now, provided the Enclave isn't the source of the problem."

"In which our problem would be an ever bigger problem."

"Well, not really, since at that point there would be nothing we could do."

"Indeed, less of a problem, more of a tragedy."

"At any rate." The brother points a hoof at at Fleetwing and Gwendolyn. "Have you seen another pegasus as of late while you were out and about? He went out scavenging a few days ago, and we haven't heard from him since."

"Hopefully he's not dead."

"Unlikely."

"Or worse than dead."

"More likely."

"Or maybe-"

"Ahem." One more the non-mustached brother smiles at the winged adventurers in front of him. "If you would so kind to recover our friend, or at least determine his fate, we would reward you for your services."

"Or he would reward you."

"Assuming he's in a position to offer a reward."

Both brothers then share a shrug.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

"If there's a reward, I'd like a reward. But, um. I can't fly, so I don't know how much help I'd be. I haven't seen any other pegasi recently, but I don't generally look up." Though if there's lots of pegasi and griffons in Manehattan, Shadow will have to think about moving out of many of her secret bolt holes, and try to find a nice, secure cellar, bunker, Stable or a similar secure location which is not air-accessible.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

"Can't say I seen no other pegasus aside from this flight fearin feathery flop," She smirked and gestured at Fleetwing. "Though I do like the sound of the word 'reward'." She waggled a brow.

"Any clue on where yer feathery friend was ta been at?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Fleetwing smirked, confidence growing as the brothers bumbled. "Nope, no Enclave here. Haven't seen their type snoopin' around in ages, thank th' moon. Can't say I've seen your friend either, but it's a big 'ol Wasteland out there. Whereabouts was he headed last?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Flim points over his shoulder. "I believe he said he was going to poke around off to the East."

"I thought he said West?" Flam protests.

"No, you initially asked me if he went West, and I told you East, and then you kept forgetting I said East," Flim rolls his eyes.

"Oh. So he didn't go West? I thought you said he didn't go East."

"Just stop talking..."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Shadow will approach Miss Lace, with her suit held in telekinetic grip. It seems the brothers want to talk more to Fleetwing and Gwendolyn, and that's fine; lets her do some shopping. "Sorry to interrupt the sideshow, but how much is this?" She hopes it's not too expensive, and she's chosen the plainest she could find. She doesn't have much money.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn loudly groaned. "Well thanks fer confusin me." She said to the twins all grumpily.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"So we're lookin' for a pegasus headin' East; there, that's somethin'." Fleetwing continued, steering the conversation towards something actually useful. "What's he look like, an' what was he after?"