New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Crestfallin' - The Land of Magical Adventure!

Syviraux nods. The part of her that is still a gnome understands and accepts these tactics; the part of her that is dragon longs for the freedom of open spaces for any conflict.

"Stand clear of the opening door," she tells the others. "That way I'll be able to get at least one breath of fire at them before it gets too crowded in here for me to be of much use."

She downs the potion, then stands at the wall directly opposite the door, waiting to unleash her dragon's breath upon anything hostile that opens the door.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Just as the five (err...six, if you want to count Adart?) of you work out a plan to "not die", the barrage of the reinforcement party arrives. Two hulking Orcs squeeze into the doorway, only to get charred by the Draconian Gnome's fiery breath! The air becomes moist with burnt flesh (truly a grotesque smell you've ever smelt) but there's no time for celebration as the onslaught continues, seemingly unphased by the burning of the kin -- perhaps they are devoted to their cause? Two more of the fearless warriors squeeze by, but not without Reaven and Rowan taking an opportunistic slash towards them as they enter (if they wish to)!

The two gray markings on C5 are the first two charred bodies. The green are the Orcs. D4 is vulnerable to an AoO from Rowan and Reaven while C4 is not (but will be if/when he enters). Reaven is currently on the other side of the open door, which means enemies have a +4 AC versus his attacks, however he also has a +4 AC versus attacks from them on the other side (partial cover).

After the AoOs, everyone is up.

3. - Top - End - #423

PaladinGuy

Syviraux's opening move had been incredibly effective, but this this was no time for celebration. Already, a third orc came rushing through the door, and Rowan stroke, almost on instinct.

Spoiler: Dices for the dice god
    Show

Attack roll : (1d20+6)[13]
    Critical threat (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage roll : (2d6+4)[11]

Initiative : (1d20)[3]
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

4. - Top - End - #424

GreataxeFighterGuy

Rowan brings his huge blade down on the next Orc to step through the door, cleaving it in two before it drops to the floor.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Watching the two new orcs stride into the room over the charred corpses of their fallen comrades, Reaven takes his own shot at the orc leading the way into the room.

Spoiler: Rolls (Read: Failed Rolls)
    Show
    I already know I'll miss, but I will try anyway. Sapphire Nightmare Blade , first a Concentration check (1d20+7)[20] the dc is the targets Ac, if I make the check then the target is flat-footed, if I fail I take a -2 to hit, then (1d20+2)[3] to hit.

Critical confirm roll just in case, (1d20+2)[11]

if the check is unsuccessful and I hit, then (1d6+1)[5] damage, If it succeeds then add [roll]1d6+1[roll] this roll to damage, double if critical.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Badgerbeard steps back towards Adart to ensure his safety as he grieves over his family. Raising one hand into the air he presses his will into his finger and red glows from underneath. A sick of air lance out at the front orc.

Spoiler: Force Damage
    Show
    See, Enyalius, your problem is you have no faith.

I KNOW I'm going to roll this damage well.

(1d4+1)[3]

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #427

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Orc snarls at the "magical" wound it Badg inflicted on it, while Cassie takes a small adjustment step to the right and hurls a Javelin to it' heart, with the hope of finishing it off.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+1)[20] if hit then (1d6+5)[8] damage.

The Javelin soars through the air and strikes true -- the object gets lodged in the Orc's chest and he begins to bleed profusely as he tries to pluck the object out. He's not quick enough though and he falls to his knees, and then onto his face, dead. Cassie takes out her Flail and readies for a potential next wave.

Cassie: "I will stand where the charred bodies are and strike when more come. We'll catch them in a pincer attack. What I don't kill should not make it past Rowan, Reaven, and Syviraux."

Cassie will move to that location next turn unless you have other plans.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-10-11 at 11:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll move up to the corner of the corridor - If there are more coming, a little dragon-breath might slow them up a little. Then I'll pull back so the warriors can take over."

Syviraux makes her way to opposite the first door and pokes her head around the corner.

9. - Top - End - #429

PaladinGuy

"Hm, I suppose I might as well join Cassie, then. The door might play against us if one of us is already outside the room."

Truth be told, he wasn't that keen on the plan suggered by the dwarf warrior, but at this point, helping her seemed like the best course of action. He simply hoped the orcs weren't too many, otherwise this move would backfire horribly. At least Cassie wouldn't have to face the consequences alone.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

10. - Top - End - #430

GreataxeFighterGuy

Syviraux darts ahead to scout for more reinforcements. Not that it was hard (a DC 4 Listen check would tell you the clanging of Orc battlegear was near). Cassie takes up arms in the hallway turning away from the "zombie room", hoping to catch the Orcs in a pincer attack. Rowan, while not agreeing, opts to lend Cassie his blade to make this a joint effort. Syviraux can definitely tell the "next wave" will be upon you in mere seconds.

I'm not sure about some of your placements (I think some of you might have thought these were ten foot wide hallways). Anyway the Orcs around that corner will be on you next turn. Gotta love close quarters fighting, right?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

The dragonborn lass pokes her head around the corner and spies two orcs immediately upon her!

She let's forth a burst of frosty dragon-breath at the pair, and falls back into the room.

"More orcs on their way!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cold breath at the two orcs, 15' cone, damage (1d6)[6], Reflex DC 18 for half.

Then 20' move to F4.

12. - Top - End - #432

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    DC 18? And on a hard roll? Yeah they're not making this. (2d20)[19][9](28)

The frigid air of the breath sends one Orc into a frantic shivering fit before finally dropping dead of...could be a heart attack, could be system shock from the sudden temperature. Point is he dropped. The other Orc shivers, surprised at his comrade's sudden fall, but enraged all the same time as he begins to march forward toward your location.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-10-17 at 01:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Seeing three of his allies run out of the room, Reaven holds his position by the door preparing to strike at any enemies that make it through them.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    I'll hold my move if I can do that, and if any orcs come through the door I'll strike at them with clinging Shadow blade technique.

Strike 1 to hit (1d20+2)[13]
    Strike 2 to hit (1d20+2)[15]

Crit confirm if needed (1d20+2)[3]

(1d6+1)[4]for damage, double if critical

Cold damage if possible (1d6)[1]
    I'll go with the higher roll.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

14. - Top - End - #434

PaladinGuy

After getting out the way to let the dragonborn pass through him, Rowan took a step back while readying his sword, trying to let enough space for all of his allies to counterattack if needed.

Spoiler: Heironeous guides my hand ! (or something)
    Show
    Moving back to D4
    Readying a strike against the first orc closing in.
    Attack roll : (1d20+6)[20]
    Critical threat (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[24]
    damage roll : (2d6+4)[13]
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

15. - Top - End - #435

Badgerbeard raises his hand again. His ring glows red yet again but unlike usual there is no force missile. Instead his hand remains raised and the light pulsing. From where he stands there he sees no pics yet but when he does he can release the middle in his hand.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Prepared action: Force missile when he sees seen orc.

Time Saving Damage Roll: (1d4+1)[5]

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #436

GreataxeFighterGuy

As the first Orc comes around, it ends up head-on into Rowan's blade. The meeting is...not so fortunate for the Orc. Seeing his brethren turn the corner, the other Orc follows suit, after which Badgerbeard releases the force energy from his hand, striking the Orc true. Once the two brutes fall, the Mine returns to it's quiet, peaceful serenity once again.

Badgerbeard, Cassie, Reaven, Rowan, & Syviraux all gain 270 exp pts.

Spoiler: Loot & Stuff
    Show
    In the interest of speeding things up, if you search the bodies, you find six Greataxes, six suits of Studded Leather Armour, and twelve silver coins.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    On a side note, I really should have planned this encounter out better. Ah well. You live and learn, haha.

Adart speaks up, though his voice sounding more like a high-pitched, frightened tone after the encounter.

"A-Ares they gones? Is Adarts safe?"

17. - Top - End - #437

"For now it seems," Badgerbeard says cautiously, "but I don't know if there are more."

The dwarfplaces a hand on the kobolds shoulder. "I'm sorry Adart. I cannot believe I forgot the bodies I saw in this room."

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Syviraux feels a flush of guilt as Badgerbeard apologizes to Adart. Her past with kobolds has always had them as the aggressors - in fact, it was the threat of a kobold tribe that lead her onto the path of her eventual rebirth in the service of Bahamut.

To see kobolds as the victims drives home the fact of her new life means she must leave past prejudices behind.

She approaches Adart. "I must apologize as well, and I am sorry for your loss."

19. - Top - End - #439

GreataxeFighterGuy

Adart looks visibly shaken up, probably from the shock of finding his family, and the encounter that just transpired, but he otherwise looks up to Badgerbeard and Syviraux.

"Adarts is fines. Maybes Orcs is no mores. Shall wes keeps movings?"

Adart looked around anxiously, almost like he was weary of the Orcs.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Reaven being the naturally cold person is offers no words of comfort but simply nods and agrees "Indeed, it would be best to continue on... Adarts since you are more familiar with the mine, could you act as a guide."