New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [IC] Crestfallin' - The Land of Magical Adventure!

Cassie will swing her flail at this new beasties legs and try to trip him over.
    Spoiler
    Show
    trip - (1d20+6)[7]

Valérie Jeanne - Plays in "Noble Trouble" Corre+ Game
    Cassie Morella - Plays in "Crestfallin" Corre+ Game

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The creature recoils from the dark energy released from Tenhelrim's hand! He shakes it off, trying to not let the Necromancer get into his head. He raises his Morningstar up and smashes the Dwarf that just tried to trip him.

The slender Reaven narrowly misses with his delicate strike, the Overseer makes a fearful swat in return to him.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Okay. Overseer vs Reaven (1d20-2)[18] if hit then (1d8+2)[9] damage.
    Big creature vs Cassie. As you failed your trip attempt (on a nat one even!) the creature will attempt to trip you. (1d20+4)[7] vs your opposed strength (remember to add your +4 for being a Dwarf). This likely results in a standstill where neither of you knock the other down.
    Now he makes his atk roll versus you. (1d20+4)[9] if hit then (1d8+2)[6] damage.

That leaves Rowan and Syviraux and then a new round will start (if needed).

3. - Top - End - #183

GreataxeFighterGuy

...Rolling threat confirm vs Reaven. (1d20-2)[16] if needed, then (2d8+4)[10] crit damage.

4. - Top - End - #184

PaladinGuy

Rowan turned from his fallen foe... just in time to see Reaven stumbling from a nasty hit, courtesy of his opponent. Deciding to ignore the bigger goblin for now, he rushed to his help, ignoring his own wounded arm.

Spoiler: Actions (I think I should make a template)
    Show

Move to B5, attacking the Overseer
    Attack roll : (1d20+6)[16]
    Critical roll (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage roll : (2d6+4)[11]

The immediate threat conjured, he turned toward the swordman, a worried expression on his face.

"Are you alright?"
    Last edited by Macros; 2014-03-15 at 05:31 PM.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

5. - Top - End - #185

GreataxeFighterGuy

For the third time in this battle, the large, heavy blade of the Knight comes down, tasting the blood of a fallen foe yet again! The panicked Overseer's head is lobbed off, rolling around on the ground at Rowan's feet!

Updated map.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-15 at 05:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Alright? No I don't think so, but I'll live... unfortunately I won't be much help in the fight anymore, go, help the others, I'll be fine here." Reaven replies to Rowan, looking over his new wound.

Reaven then carefully moves over to the cart, to rest not wanting to aggravate his wound.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    If I haven't hit something by now and just took a critical hit, yeah I'll just leave the fighting to everybody else.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

7. - Top - End - #187

GreataxeFighterGuy

The creature, still harbouring ill-will over the Dwarf that tried to take him off his feet, raises his Morningstar in the air, bringing it down fiercely onto Cassie's skull!

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[8] if hit then (1d8+2)[8] damage.

No other movement by the creature. Everyone is up again, and Syviraux has an action from last round and this round.

8. - Top - End - #188

NecromancerGuy

That thing almost took her head off!

"You brute! Leave the lady alone, and, uh... what's that behind you!"

Don't draw attention to yourself idiot, that small one nearly cut your arm off!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Another attack

Touch Attack - (1d20)[16] - damage - (1d8+1)[5]
    Touch Attack Confirm - (1d20)[13] - Extra Cdamage - (1d8+1)[7]

9. - Top - End - #189

GreataxeFighterGuy

The creature's expression shifts to that same one from last round, but more angry as he narrows his eyes at Tenhelrim.

Show
    Damn your touch attacks foiling my monster's AC. Lmao >_>

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the creature land a solid blow against Reavan, Syviraux circles around to the north of Cassie and the creature. Once again her draconian jaws open, this time releasing a short cone of flame.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Previous round: double move to two squares north of A4. Making an appropriate Knowledge (whatever) check to determine what the creature is: (1d20+3)[7]

Current round: Breath weapon at the creature, 15' cone of fire (1d6)[5] damage, Ref DC 15 for half.

11. - Top - End - #191

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Dexam
    Show
    How are you positioning that Cone? I read that as centred on the creature which would make Tenhelrim and Cassie collateral damage.

As for the knowledge (of which I'm unsure which to use, but likely Arcana? Maaaaayyybbeeeeeee Dungeoneering but Arcana seems closer) I'm sure based on your roll you know that you're unable to identify it.

12. - Top - End - #192

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: DM Rolls
    Show
    Move along, nothing to see here.
    (1d8+7)[10]
    (13d100)[61][91][78][49][15][74][72][33][81][23][98][74][52](801)

13. - Top - End - #193

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: DM Rolls
    Show
    More rolls.

(3d100)[58][14][82](154)

14. - Top - End - #194

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Reflex
    Show
    I should have made this when I made those other unrelated rolls earlier, but I forgot. (1d20+4)[7] vs DC 15. That's gonna finish him off, but I'm still unsure as to the positioning of the Cone if Cassie and Tenhelrim are collateral or not.

The creature cries out in pain as the Cone of Flame shoots out from Syviraux's jaw to burn the flesh off his back. Finally with the passing of the big, buff creature, you find your battle to be over. The shrubbery of the clearing was charred, blood-soaked, and/or otherwise beginning to show the signs of death and decay. Plenty of Goblinoid bodies lie all over the battlefield, a grim reminder of your actions here this afternoon.

Casssie, Reaven, Rowan, Syviraux, & Tenhelrim all gain 405 exp pts.

So. With the grueling, edge-of-your-seat combat finally finished...what are your plans?
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-18 at 02:16 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

PaladinGuy

"Well... It could have been worse."

Still out of breath, and with an hurting arm, Rowan slumped against the wagon, trying to catch his second wind, while not thinking too much on the battle that just took place. A quick glance showed him that each of his allies was more or less alright, even if Tenhelrim was also sporting a deep cut, and Reaven looked like he had seen better days. Absentmindedly, the young man picked up his sword soaked in blood and started cleaning it.

"Perhaps we should check on those crates, see what this was all about?"
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

16. - Top - End - #196

NecromancerGuy

The necromancer stares at the large goblinoid being fried in front of him.

"Haha! Oh, my... the best laid plans, right, old boy?"

Tenhelrim picks up a bit of dirt and rubs it in the wound on his shoulder, which proceeds to magically heal.

He glances at the thing's fallen morningstar. "You are right, my fastidious companion. That could have been much worse. Let's have a look around. Keep an eye out in case any more reinforcements are en route."

He spares one more glance for the cooked foe. Why can't we ever fight a nice boar, or perhaps an aggressive cow?

Show
    I don't think there's much chance he meant to catch us in the breath, since it would be easy for him to avoid it. He also mentioned that the cone would just catch the creature at the edge during the OOC chat about the bushes. Of course if he did mean to, we'll have to have some words...

Ten will help search the enemies while others start checking the crates and keep an eye out. With this much stuff I suggest we take 20.

Charnel Touch Heal - (1d8+1)[6] This only matters if time is an issue, I'll just do it again if I roll badly until I'm full.

Last edited by broodax; 2014-03-18 at 08:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Tenhelrim
    Show
    Oh wow, you can heal yourself on touch attacks. Guess I missed that heh. Cool.

Amid the battlefield remains, you manage to scavenge up four suits of Leather Armour, three suits of Studded Leather Armour, four ornamental Bone Daggers, two Longswords, and a Morningstar. There are four crates which were in the process of being loaded. Two long, rectangular crates each containing two Greataxes. Another really heavy extra reinforced crate contained four suits of Scale Mail.

In the wagon itself, there is two more crates. One is marked "Fragile". And the other has assorted basic adventuring supplies in it. Perhaps, the most concerning aspect though, is three lifeless Kobold bodies lying next to the fragile crate - looks like there was a struggle.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well, now that this mess is over, I've got to ask two things, one is anybody here skilled in healing?" Reaven asks the group, sheathing his sword and pushing off the cart, walking to everyone else, mindful of the nasty gash on his side.

"And two, does anybody have a crowbar or something that can carefully remove nails," he nods his head towards the crate marked fragile, putting extra emphasize on carefully, "cause I don't know what's in that, could be healing potions, could be vials of alchemist fire, rather not smash it open either way." wincing once he finishes speaking.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I just move to A-5 from B-6.
    But I really want to open that last crate, and I'd rather not kill myself if there is something dangerous in it.
    Last edited by Enyalius; 2014-03-18 at 06:32 PM.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

19. - Top - End - #199

PaladinGuy

"I have some basic training, but I'm afraid I won't be able to perform miracles."

Rowan nonetheless started to work on the wound, bandaging it as well as he could given the supplies at hand, hoping to at least diminish the pain. His concentration was a bit disturbed by Tenhelrim discoveries, though.

"Kobolds? Why do they have kobold corpses with them?"

Spoiler: Healing check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

20. - Top - End - #200

NecromancerGuy

The frumpy fellow starts lashing things to his mule and stops mid-motion.

"Apologies, I do this somewhat automatically. Is it acceptable if we shlep these things on Hobblefoot here for the time being?"

He finishes the the item he was working on, then moves over to Reaven. "I don't have a crowbar... but what's in this crate here?" He rummages through the crate of adventuring supplies and the wagon proper, figuring the tools to open and close the crates might be near at hand.

"While we do pack up, I have the logistics covered with the mule, if you're all keen on that front. However, I am not much for warehousing, and I don't know what we'll do if we find those humanoids in the mine are more like," he waves a hand at those the group has just dispatched, "and not inclined to watch our pack-mule here in a trustworthy manner."

21. - Top - End - #201

GreataxeFighterGuy

Crawling up in the Wagon to rummage through the equipment crate, Tenhelrim manages to identify the marks on the Kobold bodies to be very similar to the gash on his arm, as well as the gash on Rowan. Was there a fight? Was this a robbery of some sort? Guess there's no way to tell now - you're the only 'survivors' and 'witnesses' both of whatever happened here.

You're definitely able to find a crowbar from rummaging through the crate. Are you prying open the fragile crate with it?

22. - Top - End - #202

NecromancerGuy

Tenhelrim grabs a few of the tools, hops down, and hands the crowbar to Reaven. "There you are, sir."

He then continues to add to the stash on the mule's packs.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

With the battle now over, Syviraux moves among the fallen goblins, checking to see if any have survived their battle wounds. Her eyes momentarily flash with a bright light.

"If any still live, perhaps they can tell us what is going on here..."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Checking the fallen goblins/hobgoblins, and attempting to stabilise any still living. Pre-emptive Heal check, just in case: (1d20)[6]

Also using Magic Insight invocation to check for any magical auras in the area.

24. - Top - End - #204

GreataxeFighterGuy

Syviraux checks the bodies for survivors, but to no avail. Failing that endeavour, she begins to chant the Magic Insight invocation while Tenhelrim hands the crowbar to Reaven.

Spoiler: Syviraux
    Show
    Of note, there is definite magick aura(s) coming from the Fragile crate.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Thank you." taking the crowbar from Tenhelrim, Reaven walks over to the crate marked Fragile, and begins to carefully pry the nails from the corners on the top, then gently remove the top.

After that he looks inside, wanting what was in it, hoping for something that can speed up his recovery.

Show
    I haven't actually played 3.5 in a while so, do I need to make a strength check to open the crate or not. If it's needed here (1d20+3)[4]

26. - Top - End - #206

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Reaven
    Show
    No, you don't need a Strength check - the nails don't appear to be rusted or otherwise really wedged in. Just the simple act of using the crowbar is sufficient.

In the crate you find;

• Crate Contents
    • 2 Flask Alchemist Fire
    • 1 Tanglefoot Bag
    • 12 Opaque Vials
    • 6 Vials of Blue Liquid
    • 4 Vials of Green Liquid
    • 2 Vials of Purple Liquid
    • 1 Vial of Brown Liquid
    • 1 Vial of Red Liquid

Additionally, there is also a pair of Leather Boots. A DC 10 Craft (Leatherworking) or DC 12 Appraise could [potentially] tell you more about them. Of note, the boots appear to have a hand-stitched picture of a rabbit with a lightning bolt crossing it on the sides, directly above the heels.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-19 at 04:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

NecromancerGuy

Amazing, if only... no. But we'll have to determine the nature of these...

"Well that is a find... I wish I could say more. We should likely split these up among ourselves rather than trusting them to the jostling of the beast. Let us do that, pack the rest, and then be on our way."

He proceeds to do just that, packing the weapons and gear, then helping distribute the fragile wares.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"This might be a stupid question, but, can anybody here tell what these vials are filled with?" Reaven asks, hoping someone will say yes.

"If not, maybe the Kobold's will have some sort of parchment that identify's the strange liquids, they might of been delivering these items to someone before they were attacked, and have an invoice or something. Or it could be theirs and one of them has a shopping list." He says, offering a different solution to the problem.

Another possibility coming to mind, he adds, "Hell, it could of been the goblins cart, so it would be best to check them too."

Show
    It's unlikely but not impossible. With that said I'll check the corpse of the overseer that hit me more thoroughly, going through his pockets and such, if he has any.
    [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
    If this is another bad roll I'll scream.

Edit. the dice roller hates me more now because it won't even work right, now so I'll try posting it in OOC thread
    Last edited by Enyalius; 2014-03-20 at 01:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209

GreataxeFighterGuy

You find that the Overseer doesn't have anything like that on him. However at the bottom of the crate is a piece of paper. It has some ink on it, but it's smeared and hard to decipher. It looks something like;

....di....sM...

No clue on who this crate is supposed to be delivered too though.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-20 at 01:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalius View Post
    "This might be a stupid question, but, can anybody here tell what these vials are filled with?" Reaven asks, hoping someone will say yes.
    "Give me a few minutes, and I might be able to figure out what some of them are..." Syviraux replies, her eyes shining with mystic light. She begins to sort through the contents of the "fragile" crate, occasionally holding onto vials and concentrating intently.

Show
    Using Magic Insight to determine which of the items / vials are magical as per Detect Magic, then using Magic Insight as a full-round action per item to Identify.

Also, just a note, there's no need for Syviraux to chant - Invocations are spell-like abilities:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus or have an XP cost. The user activates it mentally.

Edit: just double-checked - Invocations do have somatic components, so she'll have to make a gesture or two.
    Last edited by Dexam; 2014-03-20 at 10:30 AM.