New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Who judges the paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Okay, so she should have fallen for attacking the strongly evil leader of a group of criminals who had just refused to surrender? That's... fairly screwed up standards for falling you have there.
    I have a problem with a paladin who trusts an easily fooled detection ability and refuses to even consider talk to clear matters up before it comes to blows.
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald View Post
    I have a problem with a paladin who trusts an easily fooled detection ability and refuses to even consider talk to clear matters up before it comes to blows.
    I think your memory is a little rusty. She gave them a chance to surrender. Also, she'd been hearing all along the way how horrible they are, and to top it all off, was told they had destroyed the Redmountain Gate. She had plenty of reason to attack.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

I kinda saw it coming from when she was gonna kill Belkar, then when the Order stuck up for him she was about to fight them all to the death until Shojo stopped her. Wrath.

Did anyone else notice the color drained from her outfit, as though dulled away
    Last edited by Diggorian; 2007-01-29 at 03:58 PM.
    Da Dominion: blog of belly laffs and a GM (Gamer Media) podcast. Sharp Humor for a Dull World.

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    You're mistaken. Usually, letting someone finish saying "Without a little--" before engaging is sort of jumping the gun.
    It might just be my dislike for her, or my pet peeve for being unable to defend myself, but I personally would at least let the bastich finish his sentence.

And having gone over the fight again, Roy makes multiple attempts to get her to explain further--and when he's effectively helpless (not Helpless, mind), she smites him without even giving him the chance to say a thing.
    I'm sorry, if that's not being a little too quick to judge, Belkar is NG.
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2007-01-29 at 04:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been waiting for her to fall since she went in swords (heh) akimbo on the gang. Good riddance to bad paladins.
    That made her dangerously aggressive, and probably a candidate for an eventual fall, but it didn't warrant a fall in and of itself. Again, she knew these people had committed 'crimes against reality'. She knew that they had caused serious misfortune to several people she had come across while tracking them. She knew that their leader had a powerful aura of evil. And she knew that he had just refused to surrender.

Given that she was outnumbered six-to-one by enemies of unknown power, launching an attack wasn't necessarily a bad choice.

Granted, she's a self-righteous jerk with a combative streak that verges on homicidal mania, but I don't think she's done anything that would warrant falling until now, especially if her paladin code is tied into the samurai ethic the way that the traditional one is tied into the chivalrous ethic.
    My favorite exchange:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    If your idea of fun is to give the players whatever they want, then I suggest you take out a board game called: CANDY LAND and use that for your gaming sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag
    Obviously, you have never known the frustration of being stranded in the Molasses Swamp.
    _______
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    Physics is a dame of culture and sophistication. She'll take you in, keep you warm at night, provide all kinds of insight into yourself and the world you never find on your own.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    But there's a reason Paladins are immune to fear-effects.
    Yep, because a divinely granted immunity to fear is the only way a god can keep a paladin from running away from danger like a big sissy.
    Proud Supporter of Cleric Rights

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    That made her dangerously aggressive, and probably a candidate for an eventual fall, but it didn't warrant a fall in and of itself. Again, she knew these people had committed 'crimes against reality'. She knew that they had caused serious misfortune to several people she had come across while tracking them. She knew that their leader had a powerful aura of evil. And she knew that he had just refused to surrender.
    Yeah, I probably would warn her with in-game signs following that.
    Given that she was outnumbered six-to-one by enemies of unknown power, launching an attack wasn't necessarily a bad choice.
    Maybe. Still, even if it's more hazardous, the "paladin" thing to do is to remove all chance of doubt. Problem is, most people play that Lawful Stupid.
    Granted, she's a self-righteous jerk with a combative streak that verges on homicidal mania, but I don't think she's done anything that would warrant falling until now, especially if her paladin code is tied into the samurai ethic the way that the traditional one is tied into the chivalrous ethic.
    On their own, no, none would cause a fall until now. But it's not a matter of pushing against a barrier that rebounds--continually dubious acts pile up. I would have probably made her fall when she was about to kil Belkar way back when.

It's all opinion, I guess. I just voice mine a little too loudly.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by clericwithnogod View Post
    Yep, because a divinely granted immunity to fear is the only way a god can keep a paladin from running away from danger like a big sissy.
    I don't see you facing an angry dragon without soiling your armor and helping confuse it by running away some more.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

HaHA! New revelations of the comic.
    And let me just say I don't give a good god damn.
    Really? I sure as hell give a good god damn.

Actually, I give 12 of them.

You know, like "Good, the 12 gods damned Miko!"

Or something to that effect :-p.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggorian View Post
    I kinda saw it coming from when she was gonna kill Belkar, then when the Order stuck up for him she was about to fight them all to the death until Shojo stopped her. Wrath.

Did anyone else notice the color drained from her outfit, as though dulled away
    Yeah, she lost her white and blue!

Now stop being so smug, dag-nab-it!

On their own, no, none would cause a fall until now. But it's not a matter of pushing against a barrier that rebounds--continually dubious acts pile up. I would have probably made her fall when she was about to kil Belkar way back when.
    I must say that I agree with this ^_^.