New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World III

Koutarou reaches to help Li once he starts coughing.

"Commander... The fact that such a subject brings you to such an emotional state does tell me this is something I cannot leave without some sort of reply.

You asked me why I fear Von Geister, and what I gave you was the short-hand answer. I may not know what building a nuclear device entails exactly, but I am aware of what an atomic bomb is capable of. I was already within the Command Division back when the first one had been detonated.

As you'll recall, while the conflict with the Hollows had still been raging back then, we were also acutely aware of the Second World War. It was, in fact, making our job more difficult. Here's something you may not know, because it never made it into the Gotei records: when I heard about the Hiroshima detonation, I almost initiated a small-scale revolt in the Gotei. I appealed to Central for us to intervene and was, as you can imagine, rebuffed. I was intent on going over the Central's decision and stopping the Americans myself, possibly while requesting that Medical took care of the survivors of the blast, but the Kenpachi stopped me. He made me see what the potential consequences of my actions would have been, in his own unique way.

The funny thing is that, according to himself, the man agreed with me. But he still couldn't let me do that, because I wasn't scared of the potential consequences.

Your comparison to trees or microbes is faulty. Trees aren't sentient, even though they are alive. But Von Geister is. So is Izanami. Thus far, the single constant of all individuals in his age category is that they are some of the most powerful creatures we have come to know in our history. We likely possess more strength than he does combined, it's true. But our combined strength takes more time and intelligence to wield than his does. You say his blocking my God Missile shows he fears it. But knowing he can block it inspires more fear in our collective numbers than my God Missile does.

It has been said many times that courage lies not in lacking fear, but in moving on in spite of it. I have, to this day, not let fear halt me. I don't plan on starting today.

By contrast, Commander, you speak of wielding a weapon that has forced more souls into the cycle of reincarnation in a single day than most Hollows have in a decade with enough calm to unnerve even those who will be building it. I have more than enough respect for your wisdom to call such an attitude brazen and reckless by any standards.

Perhaps you ought to learn fear so you can conquer it properly. Just as I will continue to train so that actually using my God Missile does not become necessary.

If you'll excuse me, the expedition awaits."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Li stares at Koutarou. "Just get out already", the commander says plainly after Koutarou finishes speaking. When the Vice-Commander's gone, Li gets up and heads to the cafeteria to boil some more tea.

While the tea brews, the commander thinks. "Not scared of the consequences" is, in Li's mind, just a round-about confession to being too afraid to think of them. Koutarou made a point of not letting fear halt him, but Li is all too certain the only things keeping him moving are blind idealism and trained instinct - both things Li warned against just as well as Li did of letting fear paralyze you.

In fact, it is because Koutarou expressed that same stubborn resolution on their discussion on his prior encounter with the Ghost King, that Li chose not to try and dissuade him of this trip, or tell him to wait. Even though it is almost certain his expedition will do nothing to keep the Ghost King contained, and runs a high risk of expediating his release. Li already knows from the prior encounter that the King can communicate to his subjects through dimensions. The moment Koutarou and his group step into that prison, the King's minions will know of it, and will move to pre-empt or undo anything the Vice-Commander might achieve.

So insistent on the danger posed by this creature, yet still Koutarou is the one in such a hurry to go and meet him. Not scared of the consequences, indeed.

Oh well. Tea is ready. Li can worry about the damage control once Li's had a second cup and maybe a few hours of sleep. Would be the first time in weeks.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    Senkaimon 5

Harada smirked as the Lieutenant of Command Division gave his own opinion. Somehow, he wasn't surprised.

As he continued to speak, he finally worked on donning his hazard suit. Without the plates, it was a bit awkward, but nothing worse than the computer clean room suits he'd used before.

"So, Lieutenant Koutarou. What exactly is going to be our goal or set of goals? Recon? Resealing? What happens if this Cult makes an appearance and we have not finished our work yet? I'd like to know before we're in there, so if we have to, for instance, bug out, we can do it more quickly."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

"Our primary objective is to assess the situation. One of the reasons I'm going with you is to determine our priority once we get there. Chances are the Cult will be waiting for us. And if they are, I want you to collect as much information about the seal and their method of breaking as you can before we need to cut loose.

If they aren't - which I somehow doubt - our priority will be to increase the fortification of the seals.

I'm not going to lie to you: chances are big we'll have a fight on our hands, and it's not going to be an easy one. The enemy will have the advantage of previous terrain reconaissance as well, so expect it to be the uphill kind of battle. But our primary objective is NOT to fight. We'll do that only as strictly necessary for our survival and escape."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Daiki grunts. "Ain't about to be afraid of a fight. But you're the boss, buddy." He stands, once again towering over the group and refitting his mask.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't underestimate these foes, Daiki-san. We have yet to know the full extent of their firepower, and we know for a fact we won't be able to use ours inside the prison. If we did, then a confrontation wouldn't be a problem..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zheng Li Lin
    "You are a thrice-damned Shinigami! You have already surpassed me! You already wield a weapon that can harm him, a weapon that can eradicate cities and annihilate souls!" You... you...!"
    "Anyway, all set to go?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"About time"

Vern stretches his back a few times before affixing and sealing his gas mask, once he was sure it was secure he gives the others a thumbs up.

"Third times the charm then."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Daiki gives a simple thumbs-up, walking towards the Senkaimon. He bumps Harada with a massive forearm. "If we make it back, how about a double date? Nakahara and Sokolova. Good times if we can find a chair I can fit in." Oh, guys.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Valentina's quarters

"I suppose you know better than me", Mikael replies and stands up. "Mind if I just leave the gun like that? I'm not finished with it. It hasn't told me how to make bullets yet." Mikael glances up. "Maybe because it lacks a clip. Really should've taken one with me when I had the chance."
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Valentina's Quarters => Through her district

Valentina doesn't know what that, a "clip", is. So, she can't help with that. Sorry. She just listens blankly.

"You can leave it here," she states.

So, she turns: time to go show around a bit. This time, she's walking instead of going at Sonido speed, which will allow Mikael to see basically the same things he saw on the way here, but in more detail.

She'll tell about the purpose of some buildings and what some of the denizens they come across do - in her district, there's some Arrancares designated to keep the peace and enforce some of the rules she made up. (If only Mikael had seen Jehoel's District, he would see how stark of a contrast there is between the two areas.)

Well, there's all sorts and sizes of Arrancares. Some are more human than others. For example, there's one reminiscent of an elephant. There's a wolf-man one. There's a smaller one with mask features like a gecko, some that look very humanlike, some that are large and snakelike, and so on. In general, they act as some form of community.

Every so often, however, there's one or two that stand out: not because of any defining features, but rather because they lack any defining features.
    The faceless.
    Blank featureless faces with only empty eyes. A plain hole, half a mask, and a body that looks like a corpse, usually wearing rags of some sort. The thing that stands out probably the most is how it interacts with the community - or, rather, how they don't. Just standing there, and receiving wide berth by most Arrancares going around it as it shambles aimlessly through the street.

Valentina doesn't mention what their problem is. In fact, she overlooks them as if they're not even there.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-03-06 at 03:27 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    The people of the village amorously welcome Satoshi. Some are downright impressed, even a bit intimidated, by his new rank and station. Others try their best to hide it - mostly by teasing him. The children, in particular, all gather around Satoshi and want to hear what life as a Shinigami is like.

All in all, the youth has a place in their hearts.
    The experience is surreal to Satoshi; all of the doubt and cynicism he expected has been swept away, replaced by admiration and respect. He has certainly hoped for this change to come, but he didn't expect it to come so quickly. Though it is a pleasant change, it surprises him how quickly people are to change their attitudes when they learn that he's become a Shinigami.

He'll pay a visit to the kids in town first, and unless anything of great importance happens during his rounds, he'll check in on Tsuna before heading back home and looking for his father in the fields to offer his help again.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    Senkaimon 5

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Daiki gives a simple thumbs-up, walking towards the Senkaimon. He bumps Harada with a massive forearm. "If we make it back, how about a double date? Nakahara and Sokolova. Good times if we can find a chair I can fit in." Oh, guys.
    Harada is about to respond when what Daiki says actually sinks in, and he simultaneously blushes and goes a bit pale. On his semi-European features it stands out noticeably.

"Uh. Maybe? Let's just get going."

Harada takes a few steps, putting himself next to the Senkaimon. He turns to Koutarou, holding the sealed form of his sword, still sheathed, in one hand. He appears ready to strike the gate structure to give it a "charge" and activate it.

"Are we ready to depart, Vice-Commander? I can initiate the Senkaimon at any time."

If given the command to open the Gate, he will do so.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

"By all means, I need to get that bizarre date mental image out of my head." He's teasing, of course, but at this point Koutarou has already suited up.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    Senkaimon 5

Harada merely nodded and turned to the Senkaimon, a look of concentration on his face. He stood still for just a moment...

And then rapped the tip of Raikouhime against the gate, a few small green sparks flying from the tip. With a shudder, the whole gate structure groaned....

And then opened, the Hell Butterflies that had already been set aside flying over to each of the Shinigami, ready to accompany them on the journey.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Las Noches - Valentina's District

Mikael follows in Valentina's wake, hands in his pockets, his head swiveling from side to side as he absorbs in the details and atmosphere of this place. It's still no Tokyo, but seeing all these weird murderous people with holes in their souls going on about their daily lives is simultaneously comical and strangely relieving.

But... something is not correct. There is a dissonance in the symphony of this city.

After some hours of walking, Valentina might notice Mikael is lagging behind. He has stopped before one of the featureless beings, and is snapping his fingers before its face, trying to get it to react. "... hey, cat-girl. What's the deal with these ones? Why are they so silent? And why don't they have an animal motif?"

15. - Top - End - #285

[Hueco Mundo]

The Sin Rostro does not react to the snapping. Almost as if it didn't happen or it wasn't noticed.

Valentina immediately stops and turns in response, but thinks grudgingly, Not cat-girl. She still doesn't like that. "Who?"

She looks for what he's talking about, then notices the blank arrancar as if seeing it for the first time. "Oh. That." She shakes her head, and says, "They're nobodies. The faceless. It's best to ignore it."

She turns and starts walking again. "In spite of their appearance, they're more like animals than people: guided only by instinct - of which they have none." Rather confusing, isn't she?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    The experience is surreal to Satoshi; all of the doubt and cynicism he expected has been swept away, replaced by admiration and respect. He has certainly hoped for this change to come, but he didn't expect it to come so quickly. Though it is a pleasant change, it surprises him how quickly people are to change their attitudes when they learn that he's become a Shinigami.

He'll pay a visit to the kids in town first, and unless anything of great importance happens during his rounds, he'll check in on Tsuna before heading back home and looking for his father in the fields to offer his help again.
    Satoshi senses something. It's hiding, somewhere in the outskirts. It feels... hostile.

Is it perhaps a hollow?!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Las Noches]
    Grand Library

"Honestly. Children are so polite these days."

He seems almost disappointed.

"Regardless, if it is knowledge you seek, it is knowledge I will give you. Find a seat if you like. This will take some time."

Once everyone is prepared, Jehoel launches into a very detailed description of the cycle of reincarnation, the metaphysical relationships of Hueco Mundo, Soul Society, and Mortal World, and the life cycles of Pluses, Shinigami, and Hollows. He also outlines a decent amount of information about the known traits of Mediums, especially Fullbringers and the Quincy.

"Now, are there any questions?"
    Tamaki shook his head, all of the information stored within his brain thanks to his eidetic memory. He had it all safely in his head.

"I'm good on my end. What about you Miss Rin?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World III

Rin, not sharing Tamaki's memory abilities, had been busy jotting down notes and sketches in a separate notebook. Despite the amount of information, the security guard seems quite capable of keeping up. Once Jehoel finishes talking, Rin writes a few finishing lines before closing the book slowly.

"I do have questions, but mostly about how you know all this and what it means for stuff back home. Met plenty who proclaimed their truth about afterlives and magic, but you've actually shown it. I presume that means it's more science than religion this side of things? The Shinigami don't have a completely different idea about the metaphysics, do they?"

Rin says after some contemplation. The question is measured and slow, seemingly due to Rin trying to figure out how to best go about being told what Hueco Mundo, Soul Society and everything else beyond the Mortal World was at once.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #289

[Las Noches]
    Grand Library

At Rin's first question, Jehoel shrugs.

"Yamamoto Rin, I am in a very literal sense older than you can comprehend. I could give you a number, but that wouldn't change the fact that a lifetime of such length is simply impossible for most mortals to truly understand or grasp in any meaningful sense. As such, I have picked up a great deal of information about...many different things during my lifetime."

He almost-smiles a bit at her second question.

"An excellent question, but unfortunately one without a good answer. On this side of the barrier between life and death, we understand a great deal of the 'what,' but not the 'how' or 'why.' Souls pass on from the Mortal World to the Soul Society. How? Interdimensional travel wasn't possible before or after. Why? Most souls do not know about the existence of the Soul Society beforehand. There are theories, but not concrete answers. In many ways, our situation may be compared to a better-substantiated religion. That may change in time, however. And as for the Shinigami..."

He shrugs.

"The divergences are primarily in interpretation, not fact. For most of history, Hollows were considered demons, monsters, and most importantly, corruptions of the natural cycle. I put forward the notion that, due to the soul compression of our Menos stage, we help to ensure that the Soul Society does not become even more overcrowded. Proving either side correct beyond a shadow of a doubt is almost impossible. More importantly, it's irrelevant. As long as both sides speak the truth, it's simply a matter of perception. What we see is not as important as what we believe about it."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2014-03-11 at 11:20 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[RUKONGAI, DISTRICT 63 OUTSKIRTS]
    Satoshi senses something. It's hiding, somewhere in the outskirts. It feels... hostile.

Is it perhaps a hollow?!
    Somewhere in the middle of his trip, Satoshi picks up on a hostile presence on the outskirts of town. With an imminent threat so close to his hometown, there's no time to return home and gather his weapon. Urging the people in the area to remain within the populated areas of town, he rushes to the edge of the district to investigate, arriving quickly on the scene thanks to his above-average footspeed...

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]

The Sin Rostro does not react to the snapping. Almost as if it didn't happen or it wasn't noticed.

Valentina immediately stops and turns in response, but thinks grudgingly, Not cat-girl. She still doesn't like that. "Who?"

She looks for what he's talking about, then notices the blank arrancar as if seeing it for the first time. "Oh. That." She shakes her head, and says, "They're nobodies. The faceless. It's best to ignore it."

She turns and starts walking again. "In spite of their appearance, they're more like animals than people: guided only by instinct - of which they have none." Rather confusing, isn't she?
    "Huh." Mikael rubs his chin contemplatively and stares at the faceless creature. After a while, he falls completely still, his eyes becoming black once more. In a way, he's not much different from the Sin Rostro - funny how hyper-awareness and almost complete lack of it can look so similar.

Then, the man snaps out of it - and proceeds to try and lift the creature on his shoulder. "I think I'm taking this one home. Well, your home. I want to study it. Do you think it will mind?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [RUKONGAI, DISTRICT 63 OUTSKIRTS]

Somewhere in the middle of his trip, Satoshi picks up on a hostile presence on the outskirts of town. With an imminent threat so close to his hometown, there's no time to return home and gather his weapon. Urging the people in the area to remain within the populated areas of town, he rushes to the edge of the district to investigate, arriving quickly on the scene thanks to his above-average footspeed...
    Satoshi manages to track the presence down to... some sort of white-ish pod?

He soon discovers it is fake, however, as he senses the presence headed for town. It was a ruse, meant to draw him away!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Satoshi manages to track the presence down to... some sort of white-ish pod?

He soon discovers it is fake, however, as he senses the presence headed for town. It was a ruse, meant to draw him away!
    Upon discovering the source of the presence he was tracking, Satoshi discovers a small pod of some sort. He's curious about what it could be, but before he can investigate it further, he notices another entity rapidly approaching the town. "Conniving little snot," he curses loudly before making tracks for his hometown as fast as he can. Assuming that the pod is small and sturdy enough to carry on his person (and that it won't have any adverse effects on him), he'll snatch it up before rushing toward the hostile unknown, praying that he'll make it in time to prevent misfortune from visiting Haidani...

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

The pod seems to do nothing on its own. Merely a decoy.

There's panic and confusion when Satoshi arrives, to be sure. People are running for their lives, to their homes, locking doors.

Some are fortunate in their escape. Others end up tripping over their own feet in their panic as their shaky legs fail them. The Hollow in question, a large monstrosity with the hind quarters of a four-legged spider and the upper torso of a large, humanoid lizard, rear its massive fist towards one such potential victim...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

The pod seems to do nothing on its own. Merely a decoy.

There's panic and confusion when Satoshi arrives, to be sure. People are running for their lives, to their homes, locking doors.

Some are fortunate in their escape. Others end up tripping over their own feet in their panic as their shaky legs fail them. The Hollow in question, a large monstrosity with the hind quarters of a four-legged spider and the upper torso of a large, humanoid lizard, rear its massive fist towards one such potential victim...
    Satoshi catches sight of something inhuman as he reaches the main thoroughfare in town, and it's unlike anything he's ever seen before. No textbook or training dummy could have prepared him for the monstrous Hollow before him, living and breathing and poised to kill. All of his fear and anxiety, though, take a back seat to one thought that fills his mind with righteous anger:

(You don't screw around with my hometown, you creep!!)

The novice Shinigami quickly begins channeling his Kido, reciting a chant under his breath as quickly as he can articulate the words, and races to get in range. Just before casting the spell, he makes a shrill whistle to get the Hollow's attention, plants his feet firmly in the ground, and then...

"Hado no san-jyu-san (#33): Sokatsui!!"

As he proclaims the name of the destructive spell, a concentrated blast of fire erupts from his hands and rockets toward the beast's head. Even if it doesn't kill the thing, powerful as it seems to be, the spell should give Satoshi enough time to find an improvised weapon somewhere nearby...

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Satoshi's spell does not kill the creature, but it does make it stumble quite a distance, allowing its would-be victim to escape. Satoshi finds no makeshift weapon on hand - none of the nearby tools look like they'd be strong enough to even scratch it.

He needs his Zanpakutou. Failing that, he has only his fists and his spells to rely on.

Urameshi's words come to mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Listen up, Satoshi. You're not weak, but you're not what we'd call in martial arts a power type. You're more the smart and quick type. You'll benefit a lot more from outthinking your opponent, and knocking him off-balance.

For humans, there's 7 obvious balance points. Not everything you deal with has human form though, so I'll teach you to identify 'em..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Hollow Heart in the Valley of Ash]

Satoshi grimaces as the Hollow shrugs off his attack, but at least the townsfolk have all managed to flee to safety. Now he can focus on defeating this beast, although it'll be more difficult than expected without a decent weapon. As his opponent gets up, though, he recalls Urameshi's suggestions on finding balance points, and he watches carefully to see how the Hollow supports itself as it rises.

(C'mon, show me your weaknesses,) he silently urges it while preparing for a counterattack. (Show me so I can bring you down...!)

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the legs are dead giveaways. Without at least disabling one, the monstrosity will have extra stability on its side. It lacks a tail, however, which is a good thing for Satoshi - it means that it is especially vulnerable to being toppled once he can get a good hit in. And the way they're articulated means he has obvious targets.

Satoshi has the time to observe, but not necessarily process all this. As the creature forces itself on its feet, it growls at Satoshi, a dull but very unsettling sound, before it hocks a thick glob of acidic spittle in his direction. A modified Cero, perhaps? Or just something biological? In any case, it's hurtling towards the novice Shinigami.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Hollow Heart in the Valley of Ash]
    Well, the legs are dead giveaways. Without at least disabling one, the monstrosity will have extra stability on its side. It lacks a tail, however, which is a good thing for Satoshi - it means that it is especially vulnerable to being toppled once he can get a good hit in. And the way they're articulated means he has obvious targets.

Satoshi has the time to observe, but not necessarily process all this. As the creature forces itself on its feet, it growls at Satoshi, a dull but very unsettling sound, before it hocks a thick glob of acidic spittle in his direction. A modified Cero, perhaps? Or just something biological? In any case, it's hurtling towards the novice Shinigami.
    Uh oh, that looks pretty nasty...and possibly lethal, besides. It's a quick shot, too, which requires Satoshi to use Shunpo to evade it. He makes a quick step to one side, making sure to give the projectile plenty of room in case there's any risk of splash damage. Once that's done, he quickly focuses back on his enemy, making sure it hasn't snuck up on him in the confusion. As long as he's safe, the novice Shinigami will notice its features and start to devise a plan of attack...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

While the Hollow is fast, it has no method of high-speed movement like Satoshi. It quickly ambles up to the young Shinigami and rears for a punch!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show