New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World III

"It's quite alright, Harada-san. I'm sure you have your duties as much as anyone else here in the Gotei to tend to, and you can't just drop everything on a whim.

I'll begin a full explanation once everyone's here, but suffice it to say, this is a mission that requires your combined levels of knowledge and expertise."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-02-21 at 11:40 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vern arrives shortly after Harada and hands Koutarou a few sheets of paper.

"Here's the plans the Commander wanted. I don't really foresee any delays so it shouldn't be hard to deliver on time."

The plans were just a few basic drawings showing that Vern planned to use the implosion type method and U-235. As well as a request for a supply of tritium and deuterium gas, plus calculations for how much he would need of each Isotope.

Once he's handed over the plans Vern finally notices Harada.
    "Is something else going on?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

"I suppose I should have been a bit more clear on my message. Welcome, Vern-san. Please, have a seat."

Of course, Koutarou would be hard-pressed to be able to tell the difference between a nuclear bomb and a water heater, but the presence of the words 'fusion' and the mention of uranium-235 set up some red flags in his mind.

"I wasn't informed of this. What exactly does this device do, Vern-san?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vern looks at Koutarou pauses, then decides to go with the simple answer.

"It explodes."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

"I feel foolish for asking, but thank you for clearing my ignorance on the subject." So the Commander-General commissions a nuke right around the same time he orders Koutarou on a recon mission to the dangai facility that may or may not house The Ghost-King of All Hollows.

If only Koutarou could believe in coincidences.

"Setting aside said detail for now, all we're waiting on right this moment is Kobayashi Momoka. It's about those coordinates I had you investigate."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [RUKONGAI, TAKAKURA RESIDENCE]

"Nothing comes to mind," Satoshi replies, rejoicing inwardly at avoiding another blow to the head. "I was considering going out there and helping Pops out in the field, but I'll need to apologize for rushing out of the house on him first...Why, did you have something in mind?"
    "I WAS going to ask you to help me do a few chores around the house, but your spin on the idea has the added benefit of getting you some sunlight. Go on now, scoot. You remember where your father's plot is, right?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Vern looks at Koutarou pauses, then decides to go with the simple answer.

"It explodes."
    Michael Harada had actually blanched a bit at seeing the plans.

"That's a bit of an understatement."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I feel foolish for asking, but thank you for clearing my ignorance on the subject." So the Commander-General commissions a nuke right around the same time he orders Koutarou on a recon mission to the dangai facility that may or may not house The Ghost-King of All Hollows.

If only Koutarou could believe in coincidences.

"Setting aside said detail for now, all we're waiting on right this moment is Kobayashi Momoka. It's about those coordinates I had you investigate."
    Yeah, he's still kind of pale.

"The same coordinates for some Dangai prison that's completely off the books?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Michael Harada had actually blanched a bit at seeing the plans.

"That's a bit of an understatement."

Yeah, he's still kind of pale.

"The same coordinates for some Dangai prison that's completely off the books?"
    Maybe it's the lack of contact with actual knowledge of the weapon itself, or maybe knowing he could fire something with a terrifying yield through his own power made Koutarou less humble. But he seems a bit more exasperated at the way this information reached him than anything else.

"None other. I see you're beginning to piece the puzzle yourself. What do you figure is in that Dangai prison facility?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    HQ - Vice-Commander's office

At this point, Zheng Li Lin limps up the stairs, giving a puzzled glance to Koutarou, Castus and Michael. "What's the occasion here?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

"This is a pre-briefing session for the recon mission you had in mind, Commander. We're one team member short, but I thought I might speed a few things along either way."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-02-22 at 01:41 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

"Is that 'one member' one of Naganori Igarashi, Kobayashi Momoka or Hiraku Masaru. They're on a paid leave. I don't think you can expect a reply from any of them in less than.... oh, let's call it a week." Li spots the blueprints Koutarou is perusing, and looks at Castus. "Are those the blueprints I asked for, Vern-san?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"That's correct Commander, like I said nothing too difficult."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Li snatches the papers from Koutarou. "Wonderful. Ishinomori-san, come see me when you're done. Carry on." Li opens the door to Li's office and steps in, then closes it and leaves the assorted officers to continue their discussion.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

"Now that you mention it, Momoka-san would have been the one I'm waiting for. I would've called on Naijeru-san, but the Combat Division is going to be busy enough with him around...

And I don't think this should wait a week.

I'm reluctant enough to wait more than two days."

The way he stressed that may relate to the plans he had just been perusing.

"I'll just have to call on someone else and re-brief them when they answer. Back to the issue at hand, gentlemen.

The facility we're going to on this mission is assumed to have been built by none other than former Commander-General Izanagi. That alone should suffice to indicate what class of being is imprisoned there. Aside from a few screen captures and some educated guesses, we have next to no information on who or what is imprisoned there. But recent events point to one suspect.

Erscheinung Von Geister."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Li snatches the papers from Koutarou. "Wonderful. Ishinomori-san, come see me when you're done. Carry on." Li opens the door to Li's office and steps in, then closes it and leaves the assorted officers to continue their discussion.
    Harada's gaze can't help but track the plans for one of the most horrific and destructive weapons ever devised as the Commander-General casually snatches them up and walks out.

"Now that you mention it, Momoka-san would have been the one I'm waiting for. I would've called on Naijeru-san, but the Combat Division is going to be busy enough with him around...

And I don't think this should wait a week.

I'm reluctant enough to wait more than two days."

The way he stressed that may relate to the plans he had just been perusing.

"I'll just have to call on someone else and re-brief them when they answer. Back to the issue at hand, gentlemen.

The facility we're going to on this mission is assumed to have been built by none other than former Commander-General Izanagi. That alone should suffice to indicate what class of being is imprisoned there. Aside from a few screen captures and some educated guesses, we have next to no information on who or what is imprisoned there. But recent events point to one suspect.

Erscheinung Von Geister."
    Now Harada looks almost sick for a moment, and is leaning more heavily on his cane. He closes his eyes and takes a few calming breaths, and his color returns in moments.

"I honestly am not sure we should necessarily wait for more than a couple of hours. If the prison has been damaged but not totally breached, we can enact emergency repairs and assess the possibility of setting up a more permanent guard force.
    If it's empty, it won't get more empty in the time we wait.
    But if it's not empty, moving sooner would allow us to hopefully prop up the wards and such.
    "

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

"I actually agree with that assessment, Harada-san. I would move sooner rather than later. If the Commander's plans for that device are related to this mission however, and I have every reason to believe they are, then you know what they're meant for.

Honestly, what worries me even more is that said countermeasure may ultimately not be enough.

And of course, whoever damaged the facility may still be lingering around. We will need caution."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

[At the Senkaimon]

Setsurou calmly walked up to the Senkaimon facilities carrying a small briefcase. He hoped to get some minutes of the meeting itself, in order to properly present his report later. He sported a bowler hat today, but no other accessory that might indicate a lack of seriousness on his part.

He looked at Tsubame and gently waved in the gate's direction. "Ladies first."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Senkaimon

Tsubame is also carrying a briefcase, one which is rather bulky. Apart from that, she is indistinguishable from any other Shinigami, her appearance utterly immaculate. She nods.

"Very well."

She steps through the Senkaimon.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Because apparently the meeting about the prison is going on today!)

Li's phone rings again!

It's Chouko. Oh boy. What does she want.

"Yo! Koutetsu is out, Vern's bothering me for high-grade explosive crap, what's goin' on?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Commander-General's office

Li answers the call, mildly perplexed. "Oh, the bomb? It's for demolishing an old prison facility. Is there a problem? Maybe I can help, I have the blueprints just before me. Oh, and don't worry about the hydrogen or uranium isotopes. Those will be shipped to you at first oppurtunity."

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Las Noches - Valentina's quarters

Meanwhile, elsewhere... a man wakes up, rising to a sitting position on a bed he doesn't remember falling asleep on. The last clear image in his mind is of some sort of a snake crawling towards him, and him tearing its head off. But the dark room doesn't look like it has any dead snakes in it. He must've been dreaming.

His eyes wander around, eventually fixing on a large bag lying on the floor. That must be his. But the rest of the room isn't. He brings his hands to rub his sore head, trying to figure out where he has ended up in. It would help if the air around him would stop howling in frustration.

Oh, yes. The howling. He glances at the walls, the floor, the ceiling. All of them look like they were made of pale sand, or perhaps bone dust. He must be back in the world of hungry ghosts. Bit by bit, it comes back to him. Jehoel came to fetch him, along with some cat-girl. Tamaki and some odd woman tagged along, while Hasunaga and others were left behind.

Mikael drops out of the bed, stretching his aching limbs. He starts looking for a door, intent on searching where Tamaki and Jehoel might be, when he remembers he promised the cat-girl to stay in this room untill she'd come back. And there's no sight of her. What a bother. Shakily, Mikael walks to his bag and sits next to it, pulling out a notebook and a pen, and then the assault rifle he stole acquired from his homeland. Might as well try doing something productive while waiting. Carefully, he takes the weapon apart, placing its pieces in neat rows on the floor.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"Bomb? Prison? Geez, there ain't more of them cult bitches, are there?" One might wonder why she continues the call, but Chouko is a great multitasker due to her multitude of arms. Wait, what? She just walked in, clicking off the phone on her (new, improved) visor. She looks around at the gathered parties.

"Hah. Having a little powwow without a high-class DJ mechanic, are we? Where're the snacks, yo?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Koutarou quirks a brow.

"It might have to do with the fact that this is supposed to be a briefing about a risky mission, not a friendly chat. But your timing is pretty fortuitous, since I just heard that our original third fourth member will be unavailable.

So, back to my original point. We're off to a prison facility that in all likelihood houses the most dangerous Hollow known in history. Erscheinung Von Geister. Go on. Pull his file."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[RUKONGAI, TAKAKURA RESIDENCE]
    "I WAS going to ask you to help me do a few chores around the house, but your spin on the idea has the added benefit of getting you some sunlight. Go on now, scoot. You remember where your father's plot is, right?"
    "Of course," Satoshi replies casually. "I'll be back tonight, promise."

It doesn't take long at all to find the place where his father's working; after all, Satoshi spent some time out there with him in his teen years, doing whatever he could to pitch in. As he approaches, he hails his father and says, "Hey, um...Listen, I'm sorry about this morning. I shouldn't have snapped at you and left all of a sudden like that..."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

"Less talk, more work, son. Grab a hoe." His father doesn't sound angry. Satoshi probably made a bigger deal out of things than he needed to.

"Have you managed to get some thinking time to yourself? Figure things out?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    HQ - Vice-Commander's office

If Chouko tries to "pull his file", the results will prove underwhelming, as the actual file on the prison and its inhabitant is still behind Izanagi-no-Mikoto's personal passcode. But she will be treated to a rather amusing story (a recorded testimony from Lucaster Reene, to be exact) of how Izanagi took many of his best men to fight the King, and how most of them died screaming. Only Izanagi, Eibon and the 1st Kenpachi returned, while three others sacrificed their lives to seal the King's prison.

There is also a very brief description, added by Zheng Li Lin: "Erscheinung Von Geister AKA 1st King of Hollows. Known powers: communication across dimensions. Alleged powers: DNA manipulation, immortality." That's all. Some Senkaimon co-ordinates are appended next to the text.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Soul Society]

"Bomb? Prison? Geez, there ain't more of them cult bitches, are there?" One might wonder why she continues the call, but Chouko is a great multitasker due to her multitude of arms. Wait, what? She just walked in, clicking off the phone on her (new, improved) visor. She looks around at the gathered parties.

"Hah. Having a little powwow without a high-class DJ mechanic, are we? Where're the snacks, yo?"
    A bag flies through the air toward Chouko. If she catches and opens it, it is...honey roasted almonds!
    The snack of coding champions, apparently, as Michael is nervously munching on a few from his own bag.

Koutarou quirks a brow.

"It might have to do with the fact that this is supposed to be a briefing about a risky mission, not a friendly chat. But your timing is pretty fortuitous, since I just heard that our original third fourth member will be unavailable.

So, back to my original point. We're off to a prison facility that in all likelihood houses the most dangerous Hollow known in history. Erscheinung Von Geister. Go on. Pull his file."
    "If Chouko's willing she'd be an excellent addition to the team.

Also, Von Geister? ****. That just reinforces the need to get there sooner to try and shore up the defenses or double the sealing, assuming he's not already gone.
    "

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm willing to accept that she did not get where she is today on any one of her musical tastes or her ability to cook." Koutarou offered with a smirk. "That is, however, all the levity we have to spare for this situation..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Chouko's eyes dart back and forth as she reads, even as she catches the bag of almonds and turns to Koutarou. "You dissin' my jams, man? I will throw down some nasty **** right here. Our primitive plumbing systems will just not be able to cope with the crazy-ass ****storm I can start. The sewers will fill and we'll be up to our knees in rice refuse and digested Colonel Chao's special sauce."

...she stops to think for a moment. "Seriously though. With Koutetsu out for business or whatevs, I gotta build your bomb. I can recommend a few upstanding mechheads, though."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

"More of a classic rock and metalhead myself, thanks." Koutarou offers with a dismissive wave. "And I was making a thinly-veiled compliment, by the way. I trust your skill. And speaking of trust..."

Koutarou straightens up. He's in speech mode.

"...I know there's still some tension left, what with Yasunobu Sawada and his insanity. That tension has translated into everything short of a witch hunt, and with things as they are now, we cannot afford to not be working at our level best.

To be frank, I'm not even tangentially aware of whatever hellish philosophy it was that drove Sawada's actions. And I don't honestly care to know. A man's path is his own to make, and no one's exempt from making mistakes along the way. Some are more hideous than others. But it all comes down to our duty and who, or what, we choose to protect.

Not everyone gets to be a Shinigami, and not every Shinigami fights for the same thing. But every Shinigami ultimately has the same duty - to protect the lives and souls of the weak from the dangers of afterlife. Our history and original reason for existing notwithstanding, this is why we're here now.

I will never ask for a Shinigami to die for anyone. I will never ask for personal sacrifice. All I ask, all I have the right to ask, is that a Shinigami upholds his or her duty to the best of their abilities. No more and no less. So long as this condition is met, any of my fellow Shinigami has my unconditional trust.

If any of you, or anyone you know, still seeks to uphold Eibon's tenets, I urge you to remember your duty and responsibility. And should any of you not care for it, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better opportunity to put this issue behind us once and for all."

Koutarou would not dare ask if he has been clear. If nothing else, it would come as an insult that such distinguished minds could have possibly misinterpreted his message.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: Berry
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Chouko's eyes dart back and forth as she reads, even as she catches the bag of almonds and turns to Koutarou. "You dissin' my jams, man? I will throw down some nasty **** right here. Our primitive plumbing systems will just not be able to cope with the crazy-ass ****storm I can start. The sewers will fill and we'll be up to our knees in rice refuse and digested Colonel Chao's special sauce."

...she stops to think for a moment. "Seriously though. With Koutetsu out for business or whatevs, I gotta build your bomb. I can recommend a few upstanding mechheads, though."

Vern rolls his eyes at Choukos pointless swearing before pretending to be sympathetic.
    "Well, if the Engineering Division is so inundated with work that they cannot complete the weapon before the deadline then Vice Commander perhaps you should allow the SSI to complete every step of the project from planning to deployment. We wouldn't want the first major project of the new division to come in overtime after all."

Spoiler: Kuro
    Show
    "More of a classic rock and metalhead myself, thanks." Koutarou offers with a dismissive wave. "And I was making a thinly-veiled compliment, by the way. I trust your skill. And speaking of trust..."

Koutarou straightens up. He's in speech mode.

"...I know there's still some tension left, what with Yasunobu Sawada and his insanity. That tension has translated into everything short of a witch hunt, and with things as they are now, we cannot afford to not be working at our level best.

To be frank, I'm not even tangentially aware of whatever hellish philosophy it was that drove Sawada's actions. And I don't honestly care to know. A man's path is his own to make, and no one's exempt from making mistakes along the way. Some are more hideous than others. But it all comes down to our duty and who, or what, we choose to protect.

Not everyone gets to be a Shinigami, and not every Shinigami fights for the same thing. But every Shinigami ultimately has the same duty - to protect the lives and souls of the weak from the dangers of afterlife. Our history and original reason for existing notwithstanding, this is why we're here now.

I will never ask for a Shinigami to die for anyone. I will never ask for personal sacrifice. All I ask, all I have the right to ask, is that a Shinigami upholds his or her duty to the best of their abilities. No more and no less. So long as this condition is met, any of my fellow Shinigami has my unconditional trust.

If any of you, or anyone you know, still seeks to uphold Eibon's tenets, I urge you to remember your duty and responsibility. And should any of you not care for it, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better opportunity to put this issue behind us once and for all."

Koutarou would not dare ask if he has been clear. If nothing else, it would come as an insult that such distinguished minds could have possibly misinterpreted his message.

Vern shrugs at Koutarous speech having heard all the Eibon stuff from Li already.
    "Seems that if you're wanting a four man team this is the best you're going to get for now Vice Commander, so perhaps we should get our equipment and head out before we miss our opportunity to stop this cult."