New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World III

[Shinōreijutsuin]
    Chishio wakes up from where he was lying, his rubbing his numb cheeks.
    "Ugh....
    Wait, what just happened..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Due to limitations on my time, I find myself unable to search through and find where my character has been used. Would someone mind bringing me up to speed on what's been going on in the Shinōreijutsuin, or perhaps even helping Chishio train?
    Sorry for being such a bother, I've just been rather wrapped up. ):
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

((OOC: Eternis, the answer to that is "not much". I can help Chishio train so he can integrate to the larger plot. Basically: around a month and a week have passed since he entered the Academy, and you can assume he's been taught the very basics of Shinigami lifestyle and been handed out the first-year student uniform. You can expect the next three months to pass in short order too. You could send me a PM telling what you want your character to learn.))

[Soul Society]
    Shinōreijutsuin

"Back on your feet, lad", the Hakuda instructor bellows. "You really need to learn to take a punch if you want to get anywhere!"

A seniour student hurries to help Chishio get up. The instructor continues:

"Listen. Your footwork's decent. You're a tall fellow with a fair bit of muscle on those bones. We have the makings of a warrior in you. But you can't keep falling flat on your ass each time someone tickles your face a little!"

"Tickle", in this context, means "punches you hard twice in rapid succession". Chishio was momentarily knocked out by his sparring partner, the same older student who is now helping him up.

"Here. This is what you should do. First, keep your jaws pressed together. Don't let your tongue slip between your teeth. Things get ugly if you do. Second do this:" The instructor holds his arms up, elbows close together and knuckles forming an even line just below his eyes. "When you're close to your opponent, hold your guard pretty high, but don't block your eyes. This way, you can protect the center of your body and quickly raise your hands to block a hit to the head." The instructor assumes a longer stance, lowers his arms and lets them lean forward more. "When you're further away from your opponent, one step away from kicking range, you can lower and lenghten your guard. Distance buys time, remember that. In either position, don't keep your arms too clenched together, that gives you less time to react. Hold your elbow in a perpendicular angle."

The instructor proceeds to demonstrate few basic attacks and counter-attacks from both stances, primarily focusing on showing how to keep one's head safe from hooks and crosses from various angles.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[RUKONGAI, DISTRICT 63 (HAIDANI)]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "You're going to give your mother wrist pains from smacking you upside the head so much." Satoshi's father shook his head. "Stop thinking and keep moving. Best medicine for a problem you take too long solving. Otherwise the frustration mounts and you don't go anywhere.

With this at least, you have a tilled field, and what will be, will be."
    "Well, yeah," Satoshi replies. "I mean, that's why I decided to come back and pitch in..." Speaking of which, it strikes him that he still retains the muscle memory of his work on the field even after six years of absence. It doesn't take long for him to match strides with his father, and soon time begins to pass without him realizing...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post

"Well, yeah," Satoshi replies. "I mean, that's why I decided to come back and pitch in..." Speaking of which, it strikes him that he still retains the muscle memory of his work on the field even after six years of absence. It doesn't take long for him to match strides with his father, and soon time begins to pass without him realizing...
    Hours later, the sun is going down and the two of them are done for the day.

"Well son, how do you feel now?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright. Everyone, dismissed. Reconvene at Senkaimon number 5 in two hours for suiting up and departure."

Koutarou will take the time between then and now to test the plates his superior told him about.

Speaking of which, said superior did request his presence at the office as soon as the meeting was over. He'd best report.

"Commander. The team is assembled and scheduled to depart in two hours. It will consist of myself, Harada, Vern and Daiki. Chouko will remain here to build the device you requested.

Is there something else you need?"
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-03-03 at 10:29 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Alright. Everyone, dismissed. Reconvene at Senkaimon number 5 in two hours for suiting up and departure."

Koutarou will take the time between then and now to test the plates his superior told him about.
    Michael Harada merely nodded, first at Koutarou, and then at the others present, before moving out of the office.

Two hours later, he would be standing at Senkaimon 5, ready to suit up and depart.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

As Satoshi and his father finish up their work and prepare to head home, the elder of the two once again raised the matter of his personal worries. This time, though, he's a bit more relaxed, and he responds, "A little better...It helps that I'm in my element like this, doing something familiar."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

"Good to know, son. Then your leave has given you some relief at last, eh?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Good to know, son. Then your leave has given you some relief at last, eh?"
    "Yeah, at least a little," he replies. He may not be completely over himself, but it's true that he doesn't seem quite as frustrated and even looks a bit relaxed.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

"Too bad you need to go the day after tomorrow. You'll be missed."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Too bad you need to go the day after tomorrow. You'll be missed."
    "Yeah, the feeling's mutual," Satoshi says with a note of melancholy. "It was nice to come back for a bit, though. Seeing you and Mom, Tsuna-san...all the neighborhood kids...I guess I needed this more than I thought."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

"Maybe you did. Good thing your instructors at the academy realized this as well, hmmm?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

[Dangai]
    The Ghost King's Prison

The prison is silent but for the slow creak of dangling chains. The ancient mummies that watch the brass gate lie unbothered, bathed in green light.

Above, shadows writhe from the unseen presence of a watcher that should not be there, left behind by those who intruded in these forsaken grounds.

Time flows strangely and days go by while those not stuck in this place wile away the hours. Fortunately, the lone prisoner (but how lone exactly?) has something to pass the time now, what deviant, blasphemous work has the Ghost King of All Hollows been up to, now that his servants know where to find him.

"Argos, send another."

A booklet of crosswords drops from the ceiling through the central hole.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Las Noches]
    Grand Library

Jehoel nods sagely as he listens to both explanations.

"I see. Well, then. This is your first lesson. This was very close to terminally stupid for both of you."

He turns to look first at Rin.

"You do not possess the power to influence the fate of anyone else in the Spirit World. A regular human, without powers, stands almost no chance against even the weakest of Hollows. One with less than a quarter of my power could kill you without even giving you time to react. If you know nothing, it is better to air on side of caution, unless you seek to end your own life. The world into which you have entered is fascinating, I'm sure, but also terribly dangerous. It would do you well to consider this in the future."

He switches to Tamaki.

"As for you, you knew how dangerous Hollows could be, and charged blithely in. Yes, we've been working with the Shinigami. Yes, we have the face of a human. Yes, I've helped you. That means nothing. Hollows are practically immortal. A few days, or months, or even years means nothing to the older among our kind. This could easily have been an elaborate trap to lure you in for any number of purposes. Humans fear us because we have hunted and consumed them for millenia, often in ways that are unnecessarily vicious and cruel. That doesn't just change from the transformation to Hollow to Arrancar: the evolution allows growth, but does not create it. 'Learning from the source' is all well and good, if there is any concrete indication that said source doesn't have more use for you dead than alive."

He pauses, letting his words sink in. At no point did his tone change at all.

"Now that I've rebuked you both, allow me to completely undermine my message by providing you everything you desired. I merely mean to encourage you to think before you act. Every action must be carefully weighed and measured, or someone might die. It is better to play the safe odds and survive than risk your own life, which is precious beyond compare. When, and if, you do choose to risk your existence, it should be with full knowledge of the potential consequences, and the desire necessary to succeed even so. Am I making sense?"
    Tamaki listened to Jehoel as he nodded. He knew where he was coming from. "I understand Jehoel. At no point did not think this would be dangerous or had the potential for turning out poorly. However I will say that my impatience of being in the dark about everything going on did influence me to take more of a risk than I usually would. As Miss Rin said, I will not turn down helpful or good advice."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Maybe you did. Good thing your instructors at the academy realized this as well, hmmm?"
    After giving it some thought, Satoshi begrudgingly agrees, "Yeah...Yeah, I guess so. I owe Urameshi-sensei an apology once I get back."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm sure he thinks nothing of it.

In any case, let's get going back, shall we? I'm sure your mother must be waiting with some delicious dinner for us."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I'm sure he thinks nothing of it.

In any case, let's get going back, shall we? I'm sure your mother must be waiting with some delicious dinner for us."
    "Sounds good to me." Satoshi will quicken his pace slightly, eager to get back to the comforts of home.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Las Noches]
    Grand Library

"Honestly. Children are so polite these days."

He seems almost disappointed.

"Regardless, if it is knowledge you seek, it is knowledge I will give you. Find a seat if you like. This will take some time."

Once everyone is prepared, Jehoel launches into a very detailed description of the cycle of reincarnation, the metaphysical relationships of Hueco Mundo, Soul Society, and Mortal World, and the life cycles of Pluses, Shinigami, and Hollows. He also outlines a decent amount of information about the known traits of Mediums, especially Fullbringers and the Quincy.

"Now, are there any questions?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

"Sounds good to me." Satoshi will quicken his pace slightly, eager to get back to the comforts of home.
    Satoshi's father had the right of it. Not only was dinner awaiting, it was absolutely delicious.

The next day, his father seems to have gone out early. Or at least, when Satoshi wakes up, his mother is awake and he seems to have been the last to get out of bed.

"Honey, why don't you take the time today to say hello to everyone in the village?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Michael Harada merely nodded, first at Koutarou, and then at the others present, before moving out of the office.

Two hours later, he would be standing at Senkaimon 5, ready to suit up and depart.
    Vern arrives to hours later on the dot for the mission. Having acquired a gas mask from somewhere and wearing the thermal protective gear that he'd been using while working on the super cooled conductors for the Railgun project under his robes. He'd also hidden a few tricks up his sleeves based on past experience with the cult and seemed pretty happy about getting to try them in the field.

"So Harada you must've seen the reports how would you rate our chances?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[TAKAKURA RESIDENCE]
    Satoshi's father had the right of it. Not only was dinner awaiting, it was absolutely delicious.

The next day, his father seems to have gone out early. Or at least, when Satoshi wakes up, his mother is awake and he seems to have been the last to get out of bed.

"Honey, why don't you take the time today to say hello to everyone in the village?"
    Satoshi doesn't end up getting up too late, wary of his remaining time as he is. "Yeah, good idea," he responds to his mother's suggestion. "I'll swing by to see the kids and check on Tsuna-san. You need any help around here before I go?"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Daiki arrives after Vern, clad in the biohazard suit. It's a wonder how they found one in his size. He sits down with a huff, and looks at the smaller shinigami. "So, boys, before we die, whatcha think. Hottest gal in the Seireitei? Ain't many of 'em, but Nakahara in recon's got a pretty nice chassis."

((There is no PC Nakahara, just an surname I picked out of a hat. ))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Vern arrives to hours later on the dot for the mission. Having acquired a gas mask from somewhere and wearing the thermal protective gear that he'd been using while working on the super cooled conductors for the Railgun project under his robes. He'd also hidden a few tricks up his sleeves based on past experience with the cult and seemed pretty happy about getting to try them in the field.

"So Harada you must've seen the reports how would you rate our chances?"
    Harada looks up and nods at Vern's arrival.

"I think it depends. If we luck out and we're the only ones present when we enter, we have excellent chances of at least gathering loads of data, and moderate chances of repairing at lest some of the seal.

If there are enemy forces there, I would place our data-gathering chances at moderate, our repair chances at slim-to-none, and our survival chances as decent.

If their Queen is there the best we can hope for is to turn around and run away very very fast and hope they're more interested in the prison.
    "

He states all of this in a matter-of-fact voice, his mouth ticking up into a sarcastic smirk at the last bit. His wristcomp clearly has extra modules attached, and he's got a pouch that seems to be packed full of tightly-rolled slips of paper. Both should go over the unplated hazard suit with little issue.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Soul Society]

Daiki arrives after Vern, clad in the biohazard suit. It's a wonder how they found one in his size. He sits down with a huff, and looks at the smaller shinigami. "So, boys, before we die, whatcha think. Hottest gal in the Seireitei? Ain't many of 'em, but Nakahara in recon's got a pretty nice chassis."

((There is no PC Nakahara, just an surname I picked out of a hat. ))
    Harada raises an eyebrow at Daiki's entrance and question.

"Nakahara's not bad, but I'd say it's Sokolova over in the new Defense and Construction division. Something about her hair and the glasses."

((Also no PC by that name, I'm just picking a non-Japanese name since our Soul Society is apparently for the whole world and it's totally not prejudiced against non-Japanese people, right? ))

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Harada looks up and nods at Vern's arrival.

"I think it depends. If we luck out and we're the only ones present when we enter, we have excellent chances of at least gathering loads of data, and moderate chances of repairing at lest some of the seal.

If there are enemy forces there, I would place our data-gathering chances at moderate, our repair chances at slim-to-none, and our survival chances as decent.

If their Queen is there the best we can hope for is to turn around and run away very very fast and hope they're more interested in the prison.
    "

He states all of this in a matter-of-fact voice, his mouth ticking up into a sarcastic smirk at the last bit. His wristcomp clearly has extra modules attached, and he's got a pouch that seems to be packed full of tightly-rolled slips of paper. Both should go over the unplated hazard suit with little issue.

Harada raises an eyebrow at Daiki's entrance and question.

"Nakahara's not bad, but I'd say it's Sokolova over in the new Defense and Construction division. Something about her hair and the glasses."

((Also no PC by that name, I'm just picking a non-Japanese name since our Soul Society is apparently for the whole world and it's totally not prejudiced against non-Japanese people, right? ))
    "Kawaguchi over at Command."

Short. Presumably nice body, given how much the Shihakusho hides. Usually wears her hair in a bob.

And she's rumored to have a daughter of her own, though no one ever really asks.

Apparently Koutarou likes them mature.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

[TAKAKURA RESIDENCE]

Satoshi doesn't end up getting up too late, wary of his remaining time as he is. "Yeah, good idea," he responds to his mother's suggestion. "I'll swing by to see the kids and check on Tsuna-san. You need any help around here before I go?"
    "Just GO, silly, I have everything under control. I've been doing this since before you were born, you know."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Just GO, silly, I have everything under control. I've been doing this since before you were born, you know."
    "Alright, just making sure...I'll be back before sundown." With that, Satoshi leaves and starts visiting people around town...

((I'll let you lead Satoshi for now, since I'm guessing that this is the beginning of that event you were talking about earlier.))

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    HQ, Commander-General's office - shortly before Koutarou and his team leave for the Ghost King's prison

Koutarou will find Li sitting in a comfy chair, leaning back and sipping tea while watching the image feed projected from the King's prison. "Only two hours? Well, I did leave the decision up to you." Sip. "As for your question, I don't need anything in particular. You, however, need to ask and answer yourself a question:"

"Why are you so afraid of this Ghost King?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

"That has got to be a rhethorical question, sir.

What we know for a FACT would give some of our most stalwart warriors pause. What we SURMISE about him is the fabric of nightmare stories. Here we have an entity of incredible power that has been imprisoned longer than our current leadership has been alive - possibly combined - and you ask me 'why am I so afraid of this Ghost King'?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright, just making sure...I'll be back before sundown." With that, Satoshi leaves and starts visiting people around town...

((I'll let you lead Satoshi for now, since I'm guessing that this is the beginning of that event you were talking about earlier.))
    The people of the village amorously welcome Satoshi. Some are downright impressed, even a bit intimidated, by his new rank and station. Others try their best to hide it - mostly by teasing him. The children, in particular, all gather around Satoshi and want to hear what life as a Shinigami is like.

All in all, the youth has a place in their hearts.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    HQ, Commander-General's office - shortly before Koutarou and his team leave for the Ghost King's prison

"No. It is an honest one." Li puts Li's cup down and limps to the wall opposite to the image feed, drawing it open. Through the opening, Koutarou can see both the Sokyoku hill where the legendary execution device rests, and to its left a more distant peak where the new railgun system rests.

"The time those stories come from was a time when we did not have vaccination, did not have Kaido, did not have armies of artificial or modified souls, did not have firearms, did not have Bankai, did not have most known forms of Zanjutsu or Hakuda, did not have advanced electronics or chemistry... Li has to take a breath.

"... did not have the Sokyoku, did not have railguns, did not have nuclear weapons. In fact, back then, half of the 13 Divisions Gotei became renowned for had not been founded yet." Li gets back to Li's chair and slumps down.

"You say he's been alive longer than me? So what? There are trees, on Earth, that fit that qualifier. In fact, there are microbes that have lived tens of thousands of years inside the soil." Li sighs, and extends a shaky hand to get the cup back. "You don't need power or wisdom to live to an old age. You only need a bit of luck and distant place to live in. Like a secluded prison, for example. Being biologically immortal helps too." Sip. Sigh. Li leans Li's head to Li's free hand.

"The kind of a weapon I have commissioned, if it were detonated within the Shakonmaku, would destroy one-hundred and sixty five square-kilometers of our city. Overall, its effect would force evacuation of at least 10% of Seireitei's whole area. It is sixty-six-point-six times more powerful than that 'God Missile' you spoke of." Sip.

"It is of Earthly design. Humans of earth have had weapons like that for... five decades now. In fact, their strongest one was approximated to be 50 times more powerful than the one we're about to make." Sip.

"You told me how badly it got under your skin when servants of this King infiltrated through the Senkaimon. But what you should've done, was to take solace in the fact that they could not do worse. Earth has hundreds of nuclear weapons. If their cult had had real political clout, if they could've stolen just one of those, we would not be having this discussion. If the Ghost King makes you quake in your boots, then surely, that idea should have the same effect." Li lifts the cup again, only to notice it is empty. Blinking, the commander puts it back down. Then, Li crosses hands on Li's chest and just looks at Koutarou.

"Each and every metropolitan area on Earth has been under that existential threat for the last half of a century. The only thing preventing everything falling apart, is fear. Fear of retaliation, fear of mutually assured destruction. By coming through that portal, the Cult wanted to tell us that it is no longer afraid of us. But it was a bluff. In reality, they are weak, so they had to play strong. It is one of the basics of the art of war. The fact that the Ghost King blocked your God Missile shows that he fears. There are attacks in this world that he would rather not block with his face, immortal as he may be."

"Every second you spend fearing him more than he does you, every minute you spend believing we have no means to hurt him, every hour you buy into his delusions of grandeur, is a moment during which he holds control over you. During those moments, even if you had the power of the Sun behind you, you would not be able to win. So stop trembling because he could win you in a wrestling match! You are a thrice-damned Shinigami! You have already surpassed me! You already wield a weapon that can harm him, a weapon that can eradicate cities and annihilate souls!" You... you...!"

Holding this rant has gotten the Commander rather heated up. Li's even stood up from Li's seat, and is shaking a finger at Koutarou. For the first time in weeks, blood if flowing properly into the old cheeks, and given Li's pale flesh a color that one could call healthy. But all this excitement is getting too much for the old Commander, and Li's long, long speech ends up in a fit of coughing. It takes half a minute for it to finish, after which Li slumps down and sighs. "You have an expedition waiting", Li mutters. "I apologize. I have wasted your time. Go and join your subjects, Vice-Commander Ishinomori. I believe they are waiting for you."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-03-05 at 08:46 AM.