New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trials of Tokuisei

Well, everything seems to be going to sh*t pretty fast. Time to get the hell out, he thinks, but first...

With another word of command to his boots, he practically flies to Reiaz' side. Okay, c'mon, Reiaz, he says, grunting as he starts to drag the younger man towards the door. Quit being a pissant, take off those weapons, and let's get the hell out of here. If they want you, then I'm sure you don't want to go with them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action Quicksilver Boots to move to Reiaz.

Double move action dragging Reiaz' sorry a** 70' towards the door. I can drag up to 875 pounds, and move at 35' while doing so. If he weighs more than 875 pounds then first, holy crap, and second, Lucien won't bother to futilely try and drag him and just leave him.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

A comfortable sense of apathy comes over Eikaba, and the troll stands unseeing as his claws fall to his sides. There was certainly something important he was supposed to be doing here, if he could only remember what it was. Perhaps it would be safest for everyone if he simply stood still and waited until it came to mind...
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Aralia Mistbreaker

"Those colors will be fine." Aralia smiles at Mellisandra, blushing a little at Dex's implications. "So, um, where is the room?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Mellisandra, the Scarlet Wanderer

Mel smiles, eyes twinkling with Aralia's agreement.

Perhaps this will give us enough time away from this 'Avatar' to figure out a plan.

Then Mel turns to Aralia, giving her over-the-top bedroom eyes for 'Dex's' benefit.

Hopefully it'll keep him thinking about something other than us having super-top-secret-planning-and-girl-time away from those-idiot-boys.

"Good, it's been a long time since I let my hair down. Perhaps I'll tell you a story, teach you a life lesson or two."

She accompanies this with a wink towards Aralia on the sly from Dex. Not a let's-go-to-the-bedroom-you-and-me wink like he probably expects, but a isn't-it-fun-to-trick-a-silly-boy wink.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-04-25 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Misplaced Bolding

5. - Top - End - #245

Aralia Mistbreaker

Catching onto Mellisandra's hints, Aralia smirks back, brushing her hair back. "Of course... I'd love that."

She winks back in the same fashion, giggling.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dex would smirk, nodding to the girls , as a hand pointed to the door, and he walked forward to show them. He moved with the same fluid, casual motion he jumped down with. It seemed to be permanently embedded into his posture.

"Right across the hall, my lovely ladies. The far door down is a room I've had made up for you both. I'll give you a little time to think about my offer."

And with that, his hand fell, gently grasping the gnome's shoulder.

Reiaz didn't seem horribly amused at being called a pissant, but he wouldn't argue, dropping the large sword, as it may made a resounding thud along the ground. He'd unstrap a few other pieces, making similar noises, as Lucien pulled him off. His body still didn't seem to be working right, as he clearly couldn't walk. Darkness flew over the area from the cleric's magic, as the party found themselves back out the front door, into an empty yard. It seemed they were not even being pursued just yet, for whatever reason, the demons were letting them go for now.

7. - Top - End - #247

Well that answers one question... May as well introduce myself. The gnome steps out of the shadows as the other two left, it would probably be a very bad idea to attempt combat with his only advantage not viable in this instant. The fact that he wasn't dead yet either meant Dex wished to speak or he was waiting to kill him after the other two left.

"I would appreciate it if you would remove your hand from my person, I am not overly fond of physical contact."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Readying shadow stride if poop hits the fan, destination out of the room if possible, even out the window and outside (at level 12 he should be able to take a fall though he can shadow jaunt safely onto the ground)
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2014-04-29 at 11:31 AM.
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #248

Aralia Mistbreaker

Aralia nods and smiles at Dex. "Ah, thank you. We'll be sure to think carefully~"

She heads down the hall and enters the room. Giggling, she flops down on the bed, bouncing a little. "Whew... we're finally away from his creepiness. So, what now, Mel?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Lucien takes a moment to scan the rest of the courtyard, grimacing. That could have gone better, he says. Reiaz, wanna tell us a little more about this place? Since, y'know, they seem to know you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+17)[33]
    Listen: (1d20+12)[23]

10. - Top - End - #250

"Relax~"

Dex would smirk taking his hand off as the gnome properly revealed himself, the fallen god moving over towards the center of the room, and gesturing for the man to follow, as he went to sit in a rather comfortable looking chair.

"I told you, and your girls, pretty plainly. None of you can actually kill me, so it isn't like I give much concern, even if you come sneaking in like this. I'm impressed you made it all this way, my security is usually pretty good around here. But~ Butbutbut... I think we can be of use to each other. A man with your talents, and obvious disdain for my presence. You could say that your coming to kill me was of the highest fortune. Because, this is the only place that is currently safe."

All seemed quiet enough as they fled the mansion, though even as Eikaba recovered, Reiaz didn't seem to be doing much the same. He looked drained, worn, like he was slowly having his soul sucked from his body. That didn't do much about his temperament, though.

"I don't know anything about this place. Whatever that crazy bitch did to me... isn't this guy some kind of a holy man? I'm... the chosen, damnit..."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Slowly, his wits come back to him, and Eikaba blinks and looks around. Ah. They had retreated. "Apologize. Did something to head." He gives a self-deprecating tap on the side of his helm, the silver ringing sweetly.

"So. Failed test." The troll looks up at the mansion worriedly, wondering whether it had been a mistake to allow Mellisandra and Aralia to enter alone. "Know what enemies were? Is possible to make other entrance, avoid?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Lucien shrugs, a frustrated breath hissing from his lips. I've got no idea what they were, other than big, mean, and ugly as sin. Jary, d'you think you could take a look at Reiaz, use some sort of spell to see if a spell's been cast or something?

And another way in...I could sneak around the perimeter, see what holes I could crawl into. Of course, that'd mean I'd be going in solo, where those ugly sons of bitches could find me and pop me like a grape.

13. - Top - End - #253

Acerbus doesn't move just remains standing exactly where he was, dead eyes fixed on Dex "You talk too much. If we can't kill you permanently then why not simply allow us to temporarily bump you off of the mortal coil so we're out of your hair. I am sure you would rather go back to your carnal machinations than play host to this rambling band of idiots. Personally I think they selected an idiot child for a chosen but my opinion matters not in this matter. I adhere to the tasks assigned to me so unless your suggestion is for me to plunge my sword into your heart then I fear you are out of luck."
    Blarg...

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Eikaba shakes his head slowly. "Go in alone only repeat problem. I think, we make new door, but breaking window is loud, only do once. Place must be right."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Jarlyn nods: "Yes, it is high time we found out what is actually going on here." He turned and expanded his magical senses, seeking Reiaz and attempting to discover the auras around the boy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Detect Magic and concentrate for enough rounds to detect all auras.

16. - Top - End - #256

"Bump me off?" Dex would laugh, happy, calm, and sounding quite genuinely joyful at the very idea. "My dear man, I would truly love to see you, or this Chosen, try. You see, the benefits of being what I am allows me several great perspectives. For one, I get to see you all work in futility, which is endlessly amusing. But I chose this place for a reason. I can watch all of the land below from here, and I can learn more than any other. And that information hold great value to you. I'm fully willing to let you play-kill me, and even take the fragment of my power you need to kill my wife, but... I want one of your women."

And the moment the cleric would attempt to detect any magic on Reiaz, he would be blinded, an intense light, such as looking into a bursting sun emanating from the man, caused the cleric to scream in anguish. He was clearly under some kind of magical influence...

17. - Top - End - #257

Acerbus stoically regards the pitiful wannabe godling "Funny, I don't seem to recall collecting women thus I am afraid I simply cannot meet your demands. Your words also betray you: you don't deem us competent to end you yet you seem confident that we can end the others. Interesting, I think this dog and pony show is exhausting you because it's all you have; smoke and mirrors in a last ditch effort to deflect our attention elsewhere while you slink back in this hole of yours, afraid. I find that those who laugh so freely are generally nervous and try to brush it off with laughter. You want women? Hmm I think I shall start killing yours and your children...have a good day." The gnome turns around and prepares to leave.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Is really readying shadow stride to get through the doorway the others left in (no mention of it being close was made thus he can zip out into the hall if Dex decides to retaliate.
    Blarg...

18. - Top - End - #258

RedKnightGirl

"Aaaarrrr-Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!" Jarlyn cried, overwhelmed by the light that burned his mind. He staggered back and slumped slightly, holding onto Asdin for support. After a few seconds, once he had recovered his senses he opened his eyes and explained what had happened: "Reiaz is certainly enchanted, by something more powerful than I have ever felt. But it is too powerful, too bright for me to work out what it is. I dare not pray for the true sight lest I be blinded permanently." All the while Jarlyn massaged his temples, clearly fearing the onset of a migraine.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

The sudden and intense scream of pain set Lucien to flinching. A part of him is thankful for not being able to discern magical auras. Are you able to get rid of the enchantment? Or is it too powerful for you to end? he asks.

Reiaz, possibly a stupid question, but would you be able to fight if it came to another fight? Sure, the guy looks bad, but they're going to need all the manpower they can muster for this place.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"Is not possible to break magic?" Eikaba asks, furrowing his brow. "Before, I ask Authority, drive out evil, but cannot do again so soon."

Looking up at the mansion again, he frowns. "Wonder, hour run out, what happens? If we did not try before, what then would happen? Should not have let them go alone."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

21. - Top - End - #261

Unfortunately, as the gnome turned to leave, there was no longer a door..., just a wall. And as he'd turned back, he'd see a door where Dex has just been, the room had gotten smaller, with many smaller halls and stairs connecting to it... the room, this wasn't the room he'd just been standing in.

Spoiler
    Show

Acerbus may roll an Int Check.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel quickly looks around the room, taking in it's contents and noting anything potentially hazardous.

"Well, we need to figure out what we're going to do about the boys. They're outside, probably banging at the doors to get in already. Reiaz isn't likely to sit around waiting for long, he's too hot-headed. Your brother, while it seems he's a bit calmer, I don't anticipate him waiting around much longer than Reiaz. We can either wait for them to come to us-"

Here she flashes dazzlingly mischievous eyes at Aralia

"Or we can do something to let them know where we are."

At this point, she pauses for a moment, glancing around the room again to guess where Acerbus is likely to be.

"And Acerbus, you should probably weigh in on this as well. It's entirely possible we'll want your help."

She pauses, clearly waiting for his response.

"Acerbus?"

Mel's excitement seems to vanish instantly, and her expression becomes more akin to a mother wolf who's misplaced a cub.

"That can't be a good sign."

Mel listens cautiously to the area outside, feeling for the vibrations in the air, and draws her Long Knife, attempting to keep it hidden from sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleight of Hand (1d20+5)[6]
    Listen (1d20+3)[8]
    Mel has Tremorsight 30 feet.

23. - Top - End - #263

Aralia Mistbreaker

Aralia giggles and nods. "Yep, we should definitely do something. Can't just let them do all the work, yeah?"

She frowns as Acerbus doesn't respond, fingering at her trinket nervously. "...that's not good. Do you think Dex found him out?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+17)[34]

Aralia doesn't have any special senses.

24. - Top - End - #264

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    The sudden and intense scream of pain set Lucien to flinching. A part of him is thankful for not being able to discern magical auras. Are you able to get rid of the enchantment? Or is it too powerful for you to end? he asks.
    "I do not know, I could try, but not this day. I will have to seek guidance from the Supreme Authority when I pray tomorrow. It is clear we can't trust Reiaz in a fight. He will likely be a liability. We should find out what is happening with the others."

"I will ask the Supreme one for guidance."
    Jarlyn then turned away from the others and, holding the hilt of his sword in front of him, whispered a hurried entreaty to his god. "Please guide me, should we try and fight our way back into the mansion of Dex?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Augury

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Not good, best keep Aralia from freaking completely though.

Mel looks back up and down the hall once more, and then closes the door, leaving a few inches of space appropriate for a Shadow Jaunt, should Acerbus come back to them.

"The gnome is one of action, not words. He's probably already attempting to communicate with the others. In case he gets apprehended though, we should have our own plan in mind. While I can't vanish from sight as easily as he, I am relatively skilled in the shadowy arts, and could probably use my own cloak of shadows to hide you as well, if we decide we can't get a message out to the boys and need to escape."

Spoiler: Mura-Neechan
    Show
    Can Mel use the Epic use of Hide Hide Another. Also, if she uses Cloak of Deception to grant herself Invisibility, and takes a 5 ft. step, does that count as movement and reduce the Hide bonus from +40 to +20?
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-05-20 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Closed Spoiler

26. - Top - End - #266

Acerbus looks at the room he is in and the countless surrounding rooms then shrugs Well that certainly could have been worse than it was... A maze eh? Might as well take a break and have some dinner before tackling this event. Whistling the gnome pulls out a wrapped bundle and a mug and begins having an impromptu meal while he gazed out at the multitude of avenues.
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Eikaba shifts restlessly as Jarlyn communes with the Authority, trying to guess which side of the mansion was more likely to hold Dex's personal quarters. "Wait till tomorrow not good. Not with others inside." Squinting at the glorious edifice as he tries in vain to peer through windows, he indicates the upper floor with one finger. "I think, back side, top rooms, far to left or right. Good place to look out. But tastes of little people not always easy to understand. You think, left side, right side?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

28. - Top - End - #268

RedKnightGirl

"Asdin could take us up there without having to climb," Jarlyn offered, listening to the troll's words attentively for the first time. "A frontal assault failed this first time, so we should consider how to tackle this. I think Reiaz should be strapped to Asdin's back, then we won't need to carry him if things turn bad."

29. - Top - End - #269

Spoiler
    Show

No, she can't use the epic trait at this time.
    Yes, it would reduce hide, for those not foiled by invisibility.

"I'll be fine. I just have to hit them with everything I got. The Supreme Authority granted me insight into the Desert Wind, I don't even need a sword to take out ugly and uglier... It is just that weird holding that worries me. I can't fight magic well, that is why Tomoko was invaluable to me."

Reiaz would seem almost... pouting as he tried to defend his worth, his energy slowly starting to return. His fingers would twitch about impatiently, as he kept looking over to the door, feeling his empty sides. The lack of a blade was clearly bothering him.

Meanwhile, Jarlyn's answer would be quick, but hardly useful, as the tokens marked with the symbols of WEAL and WOE would both jump upwards into the air.

Further on, it would be Acerbus who would find himself facing the next clue. As one of the previously closed doors would suddenly open with a slam, the door falling off of its hinges. Standing there, impossibly, was a simple female grig, fiddle in hand. She would begin playing, but not the usual magical tone from her kind, something of a majestic bit, slow and careful. Not at all the usual music of her kind.
    Last edited by Mura-neechan; 2014-05-27 at 03:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"Then we go around, look through window. See nothing, pick small room, go in. Guardians find us, cannot fight well together." Eikaba looks at the dragon questioningly, wondering whether it could bear his weight. "How strong is dragon? Can carry three, I climb and break window?"

Spoiler
    Show
    What would the Climb DC for the mansion's exterior be?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei