New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Call to Brew! [Crossroads]

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Very cool! Linked it in the first post, and review is incoming.

Review:
    Well, the first thing is that the myths all refer to it as a giant walrus, so it would have to be bigger than a walrus. I'd suggest upping it to huge, but it's fine if you don't agree.
    Second, the myths specifically point to the tail as it's most dangerous weapon, maybe we should make that the primary attack?
    Magical beasts have full BAB, so the BAB should be +6, which throws off a lot of the math, but I think once you fix that everything's groovy.

Overall, it's a very cool critter!
    Fixed BAB/CMB/CMD. I think it being Large sized is okay. I couldn't find much on the myth but the tail is heavy so it does a lot of damage but I don't see it being a primary attack.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, and with that it looks like it's all good!
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

A-Mi-Kuk

A hulking mass lurches forward. The mass is relatively frog shaped, stubby tail and all, but frogs don’t have teeth quite like this. Its mouth is twice as large as one would expect for a frog the size of ten men, and its fangs are about the size of a man’s arm. Its skin is a slimy membrane, like a frog, but it seems thicker than anything natural. Finally, it stands on four humanoid arms and hands, each tipped with wicked claws.

CR 7
    NE Huge magical beast (Aquatic)
    Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +2
    DEFENSE
    AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 20 (+3 Dex, +12 natural, –2 size)
    hp 84 (8d10+40)
    Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +4
    Resist Cold 10
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft., burrow 30 ft. Swim 30 ft.
    Melee bite +13 (2d8+10/19–20 + Grab) and 2 claws +13 (2d6+7)
    Space 15 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Attacks grab (Bite), savage bite, swallow whole
    STATISTICS
    Str 24, Dex 17, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 5
    Base Atk +8; CMB +17 (+25 grapple); CMD 30 (34 vs. trip) (34 vs. grapple)
    Feats Improved Initiative, unarmed strike, improved grapple, greater grapple
    Skills Climb +14, Swim +14
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Grab (Bite) (Ex)
    Savage Bite (Ex) An A-Mi-Kuk's bite is particularly dangerous. It applies 1-1/2 times its Strength modifier to damage inflicted with its bite attack, and threatens a critical hit on a 19–20.
    Swallow Whole (5d6 Acid damage, AC 15, 9 hp)

SQ Amphibious

ECOLOGY
    Environment Arctic Waters (Lakes and Sea)
    Organization Solitary
    Treasure Double Standard (Magic Items lodged in carapace or guts; A-Mi-Kuk Nest)

A-Mi-Kuk are aggressive. A-Mi-Kuk have a tendency of swallowing opponents whole, before charging off in search of their next meal. They most commonly swim, but lurching across land is normal if it sees much of anything edible.

Their range crosses oceans and even into lakes, arriving via burrowing. For these reasons, the A-Mi-Kuk is feared by all who inhabit the tundra. Should a village learn of the A-Mi-Kuk's presence, they will uproot the whole village as quickly as possible.

A-Mi-Kuk Nest
    Generally tucked away somewhere on the A-Mi-Kuk, this plain rucksack hangs down from some snag on its body. When detached from its corpse, its opening can be untied, and by pulling the bag inside out, a 4 ft diameter nest (very much like a bird’s nest) is formed. Inside the nest for the first time lies only a few scraps of fur. The nest can be tucked back in just as easily.
    1/day the nest can either produce up to 40 GP (VP) worth of furs, or it can repair any mundane item of similar nature (furs, skins, shoulder slot items). Items to be repaired must be left to sit in the nest for 1 full day. Other items can be put into the nest, but they cannot be repaired. The A-Mi-Kuk nest can fit 3 cubic feet of material, or 20 pounds (whichever is lower).
    A-Mi-Kuk Nest attunes itself to the killer of its previous master, after 24 hours it recognizes the killer as its new master. It is only usable by its master. If the owner dies of natural causes, the nest turns to useless dust.
    Price: Cannot be bought normally.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-02-21 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Corrected HP, CMD, and Formatting.

4. - Top - End - #124

Well, I should be in bed right now, so I'll be brief.

First, great monster, sounds terrifying and thoroughly unpleasant.

My math says HP should be 84. (44 avg for 8d10, +40 con)
    Your formatting bugged around int.
    I thought your math was wrong for grapple, but that turns out to be right, however, you only get +4 to CMD v. grapples, not +8. the bonus from grab is offensive only.
    Regarding the a-mi-kuk nest, how big is the nest it creates when turned inside out? Like, diameter-wise. Can you store objects in it other than furs, like a portable hole? Also, even if you can't buy it, it should probably have a VP price, just for the sake of trade and figuring out how much loot the party should have.

Overall, great work, you just jumped up to #2 on the top contributors board. You managed to get better sources of research than I did, I hadn't heard of the nest until I went looking for it to see where you got it.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Good catch on the CMD, thanks. I'm adjusting the A-Mi-Kuk Nest now. HP is changed, too.

Part of the reason I didn't put a price is I really have no idea how to price an item that produces wealth daily. Any ideas? The other effect is basically mending, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I was going to step up and take on the Baykok...but it seems there is one under Pathfinder OGL. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...na/baykok-cr-3
    So I might go with the Chenoo, if that's fine.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Perturbulent View Post
    Good catch on the CMD, thanks. I'm adjusting the A-Mi-Kuk Nest now. HP is changed, too.

Part of the reason I didn't put a price is I really have no idea how to price an item that produces wealth daily. Any ideas? The other effect is basically mending, so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Well, it probably has to be worth enough that 40 VP/day isn't gonna overshadow it quickly. It's not terribly useful beyond that, though, so maybe 2000-ish?

I was going to step up and take on the Baykok...but it seems there is one under Pathfinder OGL. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...na/baykok-cr-3
    So I might go with the Chenoo, if that's fine.
    Hmm. I din't know, that one's a 3rd party publisher. I suppose for now I'll cross it off until I can talk to a lawyer.
    Right, updating the claim for chenoo.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hmm. I din't know, that one's a 3rd party publisher. I suppose for now I'll cross it off until I can talk to a lawyer.
    Right, updating the claim for chenoo.
    There is also this one (vastly different CR) from paizo itself.
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon.../undead/baykok
    It was published in Bestiary 3, but is also OGL. I honestly don't know anything regarding what that allows, so I'll leave your various legal jazz to you.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-02-21 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added a close Parenthesis

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

I think I may have done a Baykok a while back somewhere.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

10. - Top - End - #130

Man, I'm surprised we didn't find that thing earlier.
    Legal jazz sounds like a terrible jazz band made up of off-hours lawyers...
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2014-02-21 at 10:55 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Update Haakapaizizi and added Tsiatko further down
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

I just added stats for the hatchling and juvenile cipactlis. I basically just cut the HD for the adult in half and applied the "Young" template. Then, I did it again to create the hatchling. The Elder is coming next.

Lemme know what you think!
    My Homebrew Projects

Crossroads: The New World - Tribes, colonists, trade confederacies, and empires both new and old collide in an alt-history North America, circa 1750 A.D. (On the road to publication!)

Author of Motor City Breakdown, Co-Author & Accuracy Consultant for Ashes of the Motor City
    Major Contributor, Tenebrous Seas Wiki

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Chenoo
    CR 7
    A 7 foot hunched creature wields a massive spear. Its skin is the color of slate, and its hair is grey. It has a wicked grin and chuckles menacingly. It has some grisly gear with it that seems to ooze something unpleasant.

LE Large humanoid (giant)
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +7

DEFENSE
    AC
    17 , touch 11, flat-footed 15; (+2 Dex, +6 natural, –1 size)
    hp 115 (10d8+60); regeneration 5 (fire)
    Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +3
    DR 5/magic

OFFENSE
    Speed
    50 ft.
    Melee +14 +1 Longspear (2d6+10 x3) (20 ft reach) or +13 Unarmed (1d4+6)
    Full Attack: +14/+9 +1 Longspear (2d6+10 x3) (20 ft reach) or +13/+8 Unarmed (1d4+6)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Abilities
    Expand: 1/week, the Chenoo can increase their size by 2 steps (gaining +8 str, -4 dex, and +4 con, along with the -4 size penalty to attacks and AC, and the +4 size penalty to CMB and CMD) It can remain in this for for 10 minutes/HD. Its weapons grow in size with it.
    Brace: If the Chenoo uses a readied action to set the spear against a charging creature, he can deal double damage.

SQ:
    Redemption: A Chenoo can be redeemed if given a chance. Those who manage to move a Chenoo to Friendly attitude open up the possibility for Redemption to the Chenoo. This is remarkably difficult as a Chenoo has a Starting Attitude of Hostile to all sentient creatures. A Chenoo must then make a great personal sacrifice for the good of his new friend. If he does this, his icy heart will thaw and he will transform. If he was a converted Chenoo himself, he will return to his previous form, if he was born Chenoo, he will take the form of his friend (if more than one could be responsible for this, the Chenoo may choose.) A Chenoo who has class levels keeps them, but loses all previous racial traits, HD, etc and gains the new race, as though he had always been that race. He keeps any class levels he may have (even if there may be qualification issues given the new form.)

TACTICS
    The Chenoo are survivalists. Their ultimate goal in combat is to come out alive. However, if possible, they will focus on one target, not out cruelty but out of a sense of honor.

STATISTICS
    Str 22, Dex 15, Con 23, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 6
    Base Atk +7; CMB +14; CMD 26
    Feats Toughness, Lunge, Power Attack, Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike
    Skills Perception +7, Survival +6
    Languages Common, Giant

ECOLOGY
    Environment
    Taiga
    Organization solitary or gang (2–4)
    Treasure Double Standard (Ice Heart; +1 weapon (horn-tipped))

Chenoo stand about 10 feet tall if standing straight. They are largely humanoid, if a bit more brutish. They are vaguely reminiscent of cave men both in appearance and behavior. It cannot be harmed by mundane weapons, and it regenerates if it is not purged with fire.

Chenoo are cruel. They have a sense of irony that is undeniable. Should one ever threaten a Chenoo and live, the Chenoo will certainly perform that threat himself. They relish in the kill, and they routinely eat the livers of those they kill.

There is a distinct sadness to a Chenoo, all are creatures who have received little or no human warmth. Those born amongst the Chenoo have never seen such warmth and are unaware of empathy. Those Chenoo who took on the shape due to the negligence of their families and communities often saw much compassion, but were never on the receiving end of it. They scorn others and deeply covet such feelings for themselves.

Ice Heart
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ice Heart
    This is the heart of a dead Chenoo. It vaguely throbs with energy and is still chilly to the touch, despite efforts to warm it. When killed the Chenoo's body peels away like the skin from a boiled tomato.
    The Ice Heart of a Chenoo must have fresh fire applied to it every 24 hours to prevent the regrowth of the Chenoo. If it is not damaged by fire, then a Chenoo’s ordinary regeneration begins again. The Ice Heart can be used to cast Raise Dead. No Use Magic Device Check is required. This act destroys the Ice Heart.
    The Ice Heart can be destroyed by cutting it in four and then dealing 25 fire damage to each piece.
    Cost: 3,000 VP
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-02-25 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Fixed Issues with Treasure vs. CR

14. - Top - End - #134

Sorry I was silent for a while, I got a bit consumed by the Sasquatch race I'm workin' on.

Haakapaizizi:
    Well, it's definitely a more interesting enemy now.
    I have a question about size control. Can he change all the way from diminutive one round to colossal the next, or can he only go up or down one size at a time? Also, there should probably be a clause about him being unable to grow larger than a space he's in, or include burst rules like enlarge person/animal does.
    Bad omen is certainly an interesting idea. I could certainly see the haakapaizizi being used as an indirect encounter. Like, it just walks past the party in the wilds and inflicts bad omen on them before they're to go do something important. A -2 doesn't seem like that big a deal though, at the level we're talking about actually engaging the critter at.

Tsiatko
    These guys look pretty solid all around. I think the damage should be +3 on the spear, and I think the grapple mod's off, but those are the only problems I can find.

Cipactli
    Honestly, I think that going bigger would have made them more threatening. Juvenile's alright for really low-level parties, but hatchling is just silly. A tiny-sized creature that's not just stronger than an average full-grown human, but stronger than a sizable majority of humans. tiny size is like a foot-and-a-half, max.
    Then there's the swallow whole ability. At small size, it's practically useless against PCs. It could be used to eat a wizard's familiar, but that's pretty much it. And at tiny, there's pretty much no point anymore.
    In the full attack section, it should be primary bite, secondary bites, and claws OR tail slap. As they're being used as a secondary attack, though, the claws in the full attack should deal half str damage.

Chenoo:
    Really cool monster!

Your formatting is missing a few / around ref and will saves.
    I think the attack bonus with the spear should be +12. +7 BaB, +6 str, -1 size.
    The damage bonus on the spear should be +9 if my math is right.
    If expand increases them two size categories, the size bonuses and penalties are off. They would increase to gargantuan size, and their size mods would be +4 to CMB/CMD, and -4 to attack and AC.
    I'm somewhat confused about the the ice heart. Can you try to clarify what exactly it is? You say only the heart of a redeemed chenoo can be used, but in redemption you mention their heart thawing, and there's a mention of a lesser ice heart shard which is just confusing to me.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

I really like the A-Mi-Kuk. Menacingly fun.
    Last edited by QuackParker; 2014-02-24 at 10:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

I have revised both entries. Will do Fsti Capcaki and Indacinga next if no one has claimed them.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

@Admiral
    Thank you! :) The saves have been reformatted, I somehow failed to write out that the spear was a +1 spear.
    Thanks for the clarification with size, I always think of things as medium and advance them from there, woops.
    My ideas on the Ice Heart were all over the place. Hopefully this makes more sense. I also am adding some description for the Ice Heart.

@Quack, thank you!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'd love to take on the Disembowler.

19. - Top - End - #139

Much better now!

The attack bonus is still off, it should be +13 if it's a +1 spear, but other than that, you're golden.

The Ice Heart reads much clearer now.

I'll put a claim on the disemboweler.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so Fsti Capcaki would appear to be some sort of malevolent sasquatch, and the indacinga would need to be at least colossal to pull up houses. Even traditional native houses werent exactly small.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Okay so Fsti Capcaki would appear to be some sort of malevolent sasquatch, and the indacinga would need to be at least colossal to pull up houses. Even traditional native houses weren't exactly small.
    Hmm... Now that I've made a sasquatch race, maybe I should remove monsters that are variations of the sasquatch. Generally all the large, hairy wilderness dudes.

I wasn't imagining him picking up the whole house, just tearing it off the foundations. I was picturing like, bear-hugging the support beams and ripping them up.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... Now that I've made a sasquatch race, maybe I should remove monsters that are variations of the sasquatch. Generally all the large, hairy wilderness dudes.

I wasn't imagining him picking up the whole house, just tearing it off the foundations. I was picturing like, bear-hugging the support beams and ripping them up.
    Fsti may be a dual wielding compulsively evil sasquatch though.

Some of he sites mention the Indacinga lifting houses and smashing them into kindling.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Fsti may be a dual wielding compulsively evil sasquatch though.

Some of he sites mention the Indacinga lifting houses and smashing them into kindling.
    I dunno, they have all the typical hallmarks of sasquatch encounters. Tall, hairy man, lives in the woods, foul smell. Also, tree-breaks have been mentioned several times in my research as a theorized method of territory marking for wild sasquatch. Sounds like the Fsti Capcaki is just a particularly aggressive, territorial sasquatch, or group thereof. (Also, am I the only one whose brain keeps trying to 'correct' Fsti Capcaki into Fist Cupcake? Which sounds awesome...)

Oh, yeah, then, that would require them to be quite large. Perhaps gargantuan, if not colossal? I feel we don't want to overuse the colossal size category, and gargantuan seems underused in my mind.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

This dark grey caterpillar would be completely unremarkable, save for its large size. It almost looks bloated, as if it were ready to burst.

Auvvik CR 1/2
    XP 200
    N Tiny magical beast
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +5
    hp 4 (1d10-1)
    Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1
    Weaknesses fragile skin
    Melee bite +5 (1d3-2)
    Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
    Special Attacks blood drain
    Base Atk +1; CMB -3; CMD 9
    Feats Weapon Finesse
    Skills Perception +5
    SQ engorge
    Organization solitary
    Treasure none

Engorge (Sp): An auvvik that has at least 1 temporary hit point can cause its body to expand rapidly as a move action, losing all remaining temporary hit points in the process. This functions as the enlarge person spell (caster level 3rd), except that it only works on the auvvik and the effects remain for 24 hours. An auvvik that uses this ability while already enlarged does not increase any further in size, but it does add 24 hours to the duration of its current enlargement.

Fragile Skin (Ex): The skin of an auvvik is not particularly durable, and it becomes even more fragile when the creature is engorged. Critical hits are automatically confirmed against the auvvik for as long as it is engorged.

The auvvik is a strange caterpillar-like beast that feeds on the blood of other creatures, but they are not particularly dangerous despite this diet: an auvvik needs only a small amount of blood to live, and they have never been known to kill outside of self-defense. They are surprisingly intelligent, able to learn and follow commands at least as well as a dog. Auvviks are sometimes kept as pets or raised as a source of food, since they are relatively easy to care for compared to other predatory animals. An auvvik that is treated well and fed regularly behaves much like a domesticated animal, showing some degree of loyalty to its caretaker and sometime even defending that creature from harm.
    Last edited by Dracomortis; 2015-01-15 at 01:02 AM.
    Sincerest thanks to Qwernt for the amazing avatar.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

First off...@Dracomortis, I really like the Auvvik, very cool beasty.

Then:
    Disembowler (Hag)
    A whispered joke wafts through the air followed by insidious laughter. Finally a sound like something wet hitting the floor sounds. A gruesome hag leans down and picks something up from the floor before putting it in her mouth and slurping away.
    CR 6
    CE medium monstrous humanoid
    Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +15

DEFENSE
    AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +6 natural)
    hp 59 (7d10+21)
    Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7
    DR 3/magic; SR 16

OFFENSE
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +9 (1d4+2), 2 claws +9 (1d4+2)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks:
    Side-Splitter:
    The hag may make a perform (comedy) check to deal con damage equal to 1/5 (rounded down) the perform check to all who can hear her (30ft radius) as a full round action. A DC 19 Will Save prevents that damage. An opponent reduced to 0 con in this way has his belly burst. [mind-affecting]
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th; concentration +10)
    3/day—Forced Quiet DC 14, Hypnotism DC 14, Disguise Self, Invisibility (self-only)

STATISTICS
    Str 14, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 18
    Base Atk +7; CMB +9; CMD 21
    Feats Skill Focus: Perform (Comedy), Skill Focus: Perception, Skill Focus: Stealth, Ability Focus: Side-Splitter
    Skills +15 Perception, +17 Perform (Comedy), +15 Stealth, +12 Survival.
    Languages Common, Giant

ECOLOGY
    Environment cold forests and hills
    Organization solitary or coven (3 hags of any kind)
    Treasure standard

Disembowlers eat intestines and associated viscera. Their claws are not particularly vicious, nor is their bite. The Disembowler's only really vicious thing is her wit. Her crude jokes shock people and force them into fits of laughter that end in bursted bellies.
    Disembowlers stalk around the forests at the edge of a community. They wait for children, or pets, or foolish adults to wander out alone. When they do they open with a joke to reduce their ability to fight before moving in to attack. If the Disembowler is lucky enough to have their prey ignore the sick feeling they get or the eeriness of a joke from nowhere, she’ll continue to use her Side-Splitter ability as long as she can.
    If she cannot wait any longer, a Disembowler will venture into homes using either Invisibility or Disguise Self in attempts to isolate prey. A Disembowler will only take one prey per size category of the community, to prevent detection.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-03-31 at 02:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Two new monsters this morning! What a pleasant surprise. I've updated the first post with the new links and the updated leader-board status, and I'll get right in to the review.

Auvvik
    Overall, a nice, low-CR monster. All your math checks out.
    I was originally thinking of having them be monstrous vermin like monstrous spiders with a bunch of different size categories, 'cause there's this other myth regarding whale-sized caterpillars. I figure I can just apply 'giant' a few times and get the desired results, though.
    I can easily imagine some kind of encounter with a witch and all her auvvik pets. She uses hold person or some other sort of paralytic magic, her pets drain the paralyzed victims.

Disembowler
    I will say, I've certainly been looking forward to seeing this monster completed! It's one of those weird critters that really adds flavor to the setting.
    I don't know about check result=save DC. The two scale very differently. This critter's average DC is 26, I don't think a 6th level character can save against that, short of a natural 20. I would change the save to a standard DC (10+1/2 HD +cha in this case). Granted, it takes away the value of the perform ranks a bit, but still.
    Other than that, everything checks out! All the math is right.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Disembowler
    I will say, I've certainly been looking forward to seeing this monster completed! It's one of those weird critters that really adds flavor to the setting.
    I don't know about check result=save DC. The two scale very differently. This critter's average DC is 26, I don't think a 6th level character can save against that, short of a natural 20. I would change the save to a standard DC (10+1/2 HD +cha in this case). Granted, it takes away the value of the perform ranks a bit, but still.
    Other than that, everything checks out! All the math is right.
    I understand, and I was worried about that, which is why I changed it to a full-round action, it allows the group to stomp her, especially since using it would get rid of her invisibility, and she can't just run away. I did change perform to a class skill for her, which wouldn't normally be the case as a monstrous humanoid, getting rid of it would drop the average save to 23, 14-33 range. It still wouldn't be a constant thing, but would that even it out a bit?

I know it's awkward, but I honestly feel like she needs to make the perform check to get it to work. Maybe making the perform check in another way to be pertinent? 1 ft per check radius maybe? She's a weird beastie, I'm just not sure...

28. - Top - End - #148

I understand, and I was worried about that, which is why I changed it to a full-round action, it allows the group to stomp her, especially since using it would get rid of her invisibility, and she can't just run away. I did change perform to a class skill for her, which wouldn't normally be the case as a monstrous humanoid, getting rid of it would drop the average save to 23, 14-33 range. It still wouldn't be a constant thing, but would that even it out a bit?

I know it's awkward, but I honestly feel like she needs to make the perform check to get it to work. Maybe making the perform check in another way to be pertinent? 1 ft per check radius maybe? She's a weird beastie, I'm just not sure...
    Maybe you could make the con damage check dependant? Like, the ability deals 1 con damage for every 5 points of the check result, which gives you a range of 3-7 damage.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

That works elegantly. All fixed. Now I'm thinking I'll take on Xiuhcoatl.

Additionally, is there any chance the critters on the first page can have their CR listed with them? I feel it would help to understand what body of work ours fit into.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-02-27 at 08:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Claim registered.

Do you mean the CR of completed monsters, or goal CRs for monsters not done yet?
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show