New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,488 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 7: Will Work For Makeouts

Quote Originally Posted by Dukkai View Post
    Well, yes, it was mentioned and, while it does make sense in a certain way, generally it still doesn't sit well with me. What can I say.. :)

My problems with the Dora-Tai situation are that Tai mentioned a couple of times that Marten is basically her only friend and that she made comments and advances on Dora even when Dora was with Marten. Also, after Marten and Dora broke up, she was on Dora in a matter of days (even though Dora is the ex of her only friend). I don't know if it is just me, but Marten should have been far less indifferent about the whole situation. I mean, if you look at the facts that Tai showed always that she liked Dora a lot and that she pounced on Dora as soon as possible, it could look like she was only friend with him so she can steal Dora when they break up. I mean, it's not like Tai and Marten hung out after Tai and Dora started dating.

Not to mention that Dora broke up with Marten because she had issues (trust issues and self-confidence issues). Also, she concluded after a date with the owner of the Secret Bakery that she shouldn't be dating anyone and then the next day she starts dating Tai, who slept with at least a half of SMIF campus..

I mean, the whole situation is just.. well.. ridiculous. At least in my opinion.
    I think you have massively misjudged the timeline of those events. And Marten was uncomfortable with it when Tai decided to invite Dora to that party which she then couldn't make it to because of the date with Jim, just as you feel he should have been; but after that, a more seemly amount of time passed and he got over it. I don't see the problem here.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know if it is just me, but Marten should have been far less indifferent about the whole situation. I mean, if you look at the facts that Tai showed always that she liked Dora a lot and that she pounced on Dora as soon as possible, it could look like she was only friend with him so she can steal Dora when they break up. I mean, it's not like Tai and Marten hung out after Tai and Dora started dating.

Not to mention that Dora broke up with Marten because she had issues (trust issues and self-confidence issues). Also, she concluded after a date with the owner of the Secret Bakery that she shouldn't be dating anyone and then the next day she starts dating Tai, who slept with at least a half of SMIF campus..

I mean, the whole situation is just.. well.. ridiculous. At least in my opinion.
    True, it does seem like Tai was only being friends to teal Dora.
    Also Dora forget all about her issues when Tai appeared wierdly.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Dora's issue with Marten was that she got with him like three days after the whole Faye/Marten angst thing ended with Faye's admission that she wasn't ready to be in a relationship. Dora always worried that she was just a second choice rather than someone Marten actually wanted. She doesn't have to worry about that with Tai because Tai is the one who started things, and she doesn't have any exes to speak of, just a bunch of one-night stands basically.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

And yet that still hasn't stopped her from having issues with meeting Tai's one night standees.

Edit: Also, we need a new thread and consequent title. I vote for: Questionable Content 8: Clairiten, the cure for what ails you.
    Last edited by Yana; 2014-11-13 at 12:45 PM.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    I'm not seeing either of these things. Tai is as close to Marten as she has ever been, though the narrative focuses less on them. She did nothing involving "stealing" Dora* - no relationship sabotage, no advice to break up, nothing. As for Dora's issues, the jealousy is clearly still there given how she reacted to one of Tai's associates. A particular issue related to Marten isn't there, but that's about it.

*Putting aside the weirdness of the phrase.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

6. - Top - End - #1476

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Edit: Also, we need a new thread and consequent title. I vote for: Questionable Content 8: Clairiten, the cure for what ails you.
    Questionable Content 8: OMG I SHIP IT.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Appropriate.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... I guess I'll stay away from the anti-TaixDora debate because I really don't see anything going against it but... oh, well.

It seems QC-town is pretty tiny, or Marten's mom has the natural momdar for making her son feel uncomfortable.

As for a new title... I'd go for the very simplistic "D'awwwwwwwww" instead of "I ship it". Mostly because then I will never get that damn song out of my head!
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It seems QC-town is pretty tiny, or Marten's mom has the natural momdar for making her son feel uncomfortable.
    Probably both. The latter at least is established, and the QC town seems to be a fairly small college town (by college town standards, it's obviously a lot larger than more rural areas).
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, yes, it was mentioned and, while it does make sense in a certain way, generally it still doesn't sit well with me. What can I say.. :)

My problems with the Dora-Tai situation are that Tai mentioned a couple of times that Marten is basically her only friend and that she made comments and advances on Dora even when Dora was with Marten. Also, after Marten and Dora broke up, she was on Dora in a matter of days (even though Dora is the ex of her only friend). I don't know if it is just me, but Marten should have been far less indifferent about the whole situation. I mean, if you look at the facts that Tai showed always that she liked Dora a lot and that she pounced on Dora as soon as possible, it could look like she was only friend with him so she can steal Dora when they break up. I mean, it's not like Tai and Marten hung out after Tai and Dora started dating.

Too be fair, about the jumped right in thing, thats exactly what dora did when faye finally said, "Nope, im not going to be able to date you any time soon, so dont wait for me." Bam, like right after that, dora shows up and they start smooching.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    And yet that still hasn't stopped her from having issues with meeting Tai's one night standees.

I thought we use Almond Mounds' slogan, Questionable Content 8: "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

backing this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    omg..
    that

was

AWESOME!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

I think you have massively misjudged the timeline of those events. And Marten was uncomfortable with it when Tai decided to invite Dora to that party which she then couldn't make it to because of the date with Jim, just as you feel he should have been; but after that, a more seemly amount of time passed and he got over it. I don't see the problem here.
    I agrre about the first, I seem to have forgotten that Marten and Dora haven't seen each other for a while after breakup. Also, about that party.. IIRC, Dora came at the end, walked Tai home and the next day Tai came to the coffee shop nad they kissed and set up a date.

Even if we ignore Marten and put him out of the picture, the fact still remains that less then a day passed between Dora's conversation with Jim in which she came to a conclusion that she shouldn't be dating anyone at the moment and her hookup with Tai... :shrugs:

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    Dora's issue with Marten was that she got with him like three days after the whole Faye/Marten angst thing ended with Faye's admission that she wasn't ready to be in a relationship. Dora always worried that she was just a second choice rather than someone Marten actually wanted. She doesn't have to worry about that with Tai because Tai is the one who started things, and she doesn't have any exes to speak of, just a bunch of one-night stands basically.
    So, basically, instead of Marten, she now has a girl whose only relationship experience is a bunch of one-night stands with very lax moral and faithfulness (is that even a word?) standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Too be fair, about the jumped right in thing, thats exactly what dora did when faye finally said, "Nope, im not going to be able to date you any time soon, so dont wait for me." Bam, like right after that, dora shows up and they start smooching.
    true, but at that point they were all single and both Dora and Faye were gunning for Marten and Faye "backed out" which led to Dora hooking up with Marten. I know, I'm simplifying, but in the end, I never got the feeling that Dora was a second choice.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

So, basically, instead of Marten, she now has a girl whose only relationship experience is a bunch of one-night stands with very lax moral and faithfulness (is that even a word?) standard.
    There's no reason to suspect lax moral standards. Everyone went into the one-night stands expecting exactly that. Nobody was misled, nobody had their trust broken, so on and so forth.

Even if we ignore Marten and put him out of the picture, the fact still remains that less then a day passed between Dora's conversation with Jim in which she came to a conclusion that she shouldn't be dating anyone at the moment and her hookup with Tai... :shrugs:
    She changed her mind on short notice, when presented with a new situation. I don't find that unbelievable at all, let alone unacceptable. I've done that - I turned down my ex when she asked me out, giving explicit reasons for it. Having voiced those reasons, I realized that they were actually really dumb, and changed my mind.

-- ChubbyRain

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

A new thread has been started.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    A new thread has been started.
    It's polite to link the new thread when notifying about the new thread.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I had crap that happened meaning that I wasn't able to complete the post as I had wanted to. My apologies for that.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

Good timing, Marten; she was about to go Chernobyl.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...