New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Skyside: Slave 2 Progress

Bank Infiltration

"Bad news?" Magtok asks, not even bothering with hello. She might be in danger; he can't waste time on such frivolities!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Bank Infiltration

"Bad news?" Magtok asks, not even bothering with hello. She might be in danger; he can't waste time on such frivolities!
    The vault door's locked from the inside, and I don't think I have enough dust to blow the hinges off.
    Wait, let me check.

An explosion can be heard shortly afterwards on Ark's end.
    It didn't work.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

[Illuminati Headquarters - Everything Aside From The Stained Glass?]

I hope that Justin has never eaten stained glass, at least!

Also, note to self, arrange for Alyca to purchase industrial grade mouthwash for Justin.

"We're not allergic to anything. If we were allergic to any kind of food, we wouldn't have survived until we had the option to be picky about what we ate."

Who knows what they were fed when they existed in Fallow's dark and dismal slave warehouse. I don't (nor do I wish to know).

Then, Miriah shoots Justin a look. One pizza to share? No. Just no. One of the best parts of ordering pizza is having access to cold pizza the following day! Miriah must have the cold pizza! She must has it all!

"What kind of pizza do you want to eat and what do you want to drink?"

The robot is hovering nearby, patiently waiting to take their order.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Falling Air-People]

Therlynn gently lowers the sylphs to the ground, taking especial care with the archer. She then returns to human form and tries to wake them up. After all, it wouldn't do for the first thing for them to see after waking up is a big wolf-man monster thing, would it.
    She succeeds!
    Where am I?
    The archer asks.
    The farmer is just looking around, confused
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

[Landed Sylphs]

Therlynn laughs to the archer, and says to him, "You know, I'm still not sure. The people here call this place the Nexus, though. It seems like just about anything can happen here. You're lucky I found you, there are some really nasty people here."

6. - Top - End - #96

[Landed Sylphs]

Therlynn laughs to the archer, and says to him, "You know, I'm still not sure. The people here call this place the Nexus, though. It seems like just about anything can happen here. You're lucky I found you, there are some really nasty people here."
    Ah. Thanks miss.
    The archer replies, standing up.
    The farmer faints as he spots a draegloth wandering nearby.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Unconscious Sylph

Therlynn nudges the unconscious Sylph with her foot, and says to the archer dryly, "Well. 5 minutes from entry to unconsciousness. A new record."

8. - Top - End - #98

Illuminati Headquarters - The brains were goat and the plutonium cake was for his birthday:

They found the cake mix in a nuclear power plant.

Apparently asking to split a pizza is also a faux pas. "Meat lovers and a Coke?" He answers, sounding more like he's asking for permission than anything else. "And I didn't imagine they'd feed slaves peanuts or almonds much. Back in the south they just fed them whatever was on hand in a high enough amount. Rad-roach gruel mostly. Not that this is appropriate dinner conversation." He sort of learned a lesson last time. And who wants to talk about watery mashed bugs in a pizza parlor?

"Any clue about what your boss want to speak to me about?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    He raises an eyebrow
    "...Hrm. thought for sure it'd be something less upright and responsible. Guess even places like Skyside can surprise you."
    Or maybe it was just corrupt, you never knew. He continued walking into the Gardent towards May and her Treant.
    Gardent

The bright green plants on the edges of the paths say hello to Valcario with girl voices. But when Lion says "Hey Maria" they ignore him.

Old guys from the Fraternal Order of the Songbird walk slow on the paths. They carry their little bird cages and take their song birds for a walk that way. They also have bigger cages for pigeons. With papers on the legs.

Behind a tall ring of cactus there are sounds of someone getting beat up and other people cheering and betting. The mess in the wheelbarrow by the ring is broken cactus ent and bloody animal parts.

Lion lets off some seeds near a rosebush with a big prickly beard of roses. "I remember that guy. What a grump. There she is! MAY! How are you doing?"
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Gardent

The bright green plants on the edges of the paths say hello to Valcario with girl voices. But when Lion says "Hey Maria" they ignore him.

Old guys from the Fraternal Order of the Songbird walk slow on the paths. They carry their little bird cages and take their song birds for a walk that way. They also have bigger cages for pigeons. With papers on the legs.

Behind a tall ring of cactus there are sounds of someone getting beat up and other people cheering and betting. The mess in the wheelbarrow by the ring is broken cactus ent and bloody animal parts.

Lion lets off some seeds near a rosebush with a big prickly beard of roses. "I remember that guy. What a grump. There she is! MAY! How are you doing?"
    Hi Lion!
    May waves from her perch on the treant.
    Hello.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hi Lion!
    May waves from her perch on the treant.
    Hello.
    "May! You look great!" Lion is smiling!

He looks at the birch tree too. It is tall. "So is he coming with us now? That is going to be a lot of roots to cut."

Lion looks back at Valcario's gear sword and shivers. "I guess he can do that. May can you see from up there? Which way is the garden shed?"
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.

12. - Top - End - #102

Bank Infiltration

The vault door's locked from the inside, and I don't think I have enough dust to blow the hinges off.
    Wait, let me check.

An explosion can be heard shortly afterwards on Ark's end.
    It didn't work.
    Magtok sighs, and presses the phone tight against his ear, paranoid and terribly worried that someone might overhear somehow. "Ark? Listen, I'm going to make another deposit. Can you punch the face of whomever opens the vault, make your way make to the lobby, and then run out of the building with me before one or both of us gets shot by security?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #103

Bank Infiltration

Magtok sighs, and presses the phone tight against his ear, paranoid and terribly worried that someone might overhear somehow. "Ark? Listen, I'm going to make another deposit. Can you punch the face of whomever opens the vault, make your way make to the lobby, and then run out of the building with me before one or both of us gets shot by security?"
    Caaaan do!
    She cheerfully replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

[Illuminati Headquarters - Totally Appropriate Dinner Conversation!]

Ewwww! That's so - yuck! Just...ewwww! Miriah may not have been able to eat any of the tasty, tasty pizza if the same information that was just now shared OoC was shared IC as well.

It just sounds so disgusting. ... Then again, I guess that all of the food you'd find in a radioactive wasteland would be disgusting anyway to the average palette.

Did his food sanitizer help at all with the taste?
    Where did the find the frosting for his cake?
    Will Alyca survive her not so life-threatening operation?
    The answers to all of these questions and more will be revealed in the next episode of Justin's Wacky Adventures In Space Redacted!

"We'd like to order two extra large meat lover's pizzas, one with extra sauce, a Coke, light ice, and a beer."

Miriah informs the robot, which politely asks, "Would you like to order anything else?" as is customary after which Mirah orders breadsticks and three kinds of dipping sauce as appetizers.

The robot pours the drinks that were requested and places them in front of Miriah and Justin. "Very good, ma'am. Your appetizers will arrive momentarily, ma'am."

The robot's voice is very robotic, by the way. It is flat, emotionless, and extremely articulate.

After it glides away only to return a few seconds later with the breadsticks, Miriah replies to Justin's words.

"If they fed us whatever was on hand and in high amount, they probably fed us the corpses of the dead. Needless to say, I don't want to know what we ate, nor do I care anymore. I try to distance myself from the past as much as is humanely possible these days. Remembering just gives me another reason to get mad, kill people, and drink until I forget everything again."

"Our boss probably just wants to discuss the attack on the VTOL and fill you in on Alyca's condition. She may choose to offer you a very lucrative opportunity as well. Alyca will be out of action for a couple of days, I need a partner until she recovers, and I may have recommended you for the position."

The position as a Super Secret Agent working for the Illuminati.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"May! You look great!" Lion is smiling!

He looks at the birch tree too. It is tall. "So is he coming with us now? That is going to be a lot of roots to cut."

Lion looks back at Valcario's gear sword and shivers. "I guess he can do that. May can you see from up there? Which way is the garden shed?"
    "I take it back. This place makes sense now. and I'm not too keen on cutting up a treant's legs. there are just too many ways that cannot end well."
    That and he is not sure what the treant's stance is here. For all he knows the treant came here willingly. and trusting anyone who willingly comes to a lawless city is dangerous. (Valcario does not consider himself an exception.)
    "How did you come to Skyside anyways, Mr.. um....treant? Whats your story?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-02-09 at 12:06 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #106

"I take it back. This place makes sense now. and I'm not too keen on cutting up a treant's legs. there are just too many ways that cannot end well."
    That and he is not sure what the treant's stance is here. For all he knows the treant came here willingly. and trusting anyone who willingly comes to a lawless city is dangerous. (Valcario does not consider himself an exception.)
    "How did you come to Skyside anyways, Mr.. um....treant? Whats your story?"
    I grew here.
    The treant replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

The Gardent

"So you grew here like May and Dandeleo eh? whelp. That makes sense. It is troubling that someone who just came here is the one informing the locals but...Skyside is kind of lawless. and dangerous. I would not recommend staying around. especially if you plan on raising May there. Unless you want her to grow up to be a crook or something like me. But while I'm awesome, I'm generally informed that is not a good way to raise a child, and I'm not the mentoring type on that "survive on the streets" sort of thing."
    That and he got the impression from both their takes on his stealing that they would not cut it as roguish types. Too idealistic. Too concerned about the morality of the thing. In his experience it was best to not try to "break" them and mold them so that they can survive in an environment they were unsuited for- better to just get them somewhere where they'll naturally fit.

18. - Top - End - #108

I grew here.
    The treant replies.
    "And blocked my sunlight!" Lion says. "What made you so important?"

"Valcario he is the same as me. We sprout. We grow. That is it. May's the only one I ever knew who just popped out. And she did not know either."

"Can we get less of the deep questions and more mechano pots?"
    Lion grabs hold of another root that is trying to grow down into the ground and pulls it back. "This thing has a mind of its own."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The Gardent

"Er, right."
    He set down the bag, and took out half the clocks. Then he began disassembling them, until the pieces were all out apart and sorted, Then...he began to put them back to together differently. Feet, then legs then a pot finally formed in a whirr of activity and motion.

He privately admitted to himself that it normally take much longer and with more tools than just hands and his steampunk Swiss Army Knife, but he learned the trick of making things at this speed and with so little from a certain guy who could seemingly forge swords made out of gold-one of the softest metals in the world- and they would be indestructible using nothing but his hands...strange thing was that a golden mark appeared on his forehead every time the man did so. Really saved Valcario a lot of time though. What did that guy call himself? A Solar Exalted? Strange.

"There you go, Dandel. One mechano-pot, just add soil."

20. - Top - End - #110

Lion hops in with the biggest smile any dandelion has ever smiled.

"Thanks man! Oh this is the best."
    He leans forward and the pot starts to walk. Backwards. "Hey stop I mean forward!"

The mechano pot walks backwards in a circle as Lion hangs on to the edge. Then he figures it out. Joystick controls. Lean back means go forward. He leans back and rests his leaves on the edge of the pot. "Do I look like a badass?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Lion hops in with the biggest smile any dandelion has ever smiled.

"Thanks man! Oh this is the best."
    He leans forward and the pot starts to walk. Backwards. "Hey stop I mean forward!"

The mechano pot walks backwards in a circle as Lion hangs on to the edge. Then he figures it out. Joystick controls. Lean back means go forward. He leans back and rests his leaves on the edge of the pot. "Do I look like a badass?"
    He looked kind of silly actually. But Valcario didn't care enough to be honest with him.
    "Yea sure, why not. You look like a regular cyborg kick-boxer."
    He didn't intend the controls thing. Guess that was the downside to making stuff like this so fast. Sometimes they had unexpected little quirks...

22. - Top - End - #112

Unconscious Sylph

Therlynn nudges the unconscious Sylph with her foot, and says to the archer dryly, "Well. 5 minutes from entry to unconsciousness. A new record."
    Well miss, it's been a pleasure, but I should go find the other sylphs now.
    The archer gets up, puts the farmer over his shoulder, and walks away.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Bank Infiltration

Magtok does as he suggested he would, offering a large bag of money to the teller.

"Oops, sorry. Forgot a bag." A terribly weak lie, but who's going to question it when being handed more money, without any strings attached?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #114

Bank Infiltration

Magtok does as he suggested he would, offering a large bag of money to the teller.

"Oops, sorry. Forgot a bag." A terribly weak lie, but who's going to question it when being handed more money, without any strings attached?
    The kobold tiredly takes it to the vault...
    BAM!
    Fus Ro Dah!
    Ark steps out of the vault and darts over to magtok.
    let's go!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #115

He looked kind of silly actually. But Valcario didn't care enough to be honest with him.
    "Yea sure, why not. You look like a regular cyborg kick-boxer."
    He didn't intend the controls thing. Guess that was the downside to making stuff like this so fast. Sometimes they had unexpected little quirks...
    Lion makes fists and punches the air. He can do boxing. The pot has to do the kicking. But he did not tell it to kick. Or know about kicking. That is a thing for natural walkers. "Yeah I do! Hey May look at this. Nexus here I come."

He then looks up into the birch tree. She is far from the ground and the dandelion ent. And he starts to realize the problem. "Oh. I. May? Did you and your dad want to come to Nexus?"

26. - Top - End - #116

Lion makes fists and punches the air. He can do boxing. The pot has to do the kicking. But he did not tell it to kick. Or know about kicking. That is a thing for natural walkers. "Yeah I do! Hey May look at this. Nexus here I come."

He then looks up into the birch tree. She is far from the ground and the dandelion ent. And he starts to realize the problem. "Oh. I. May? Did you and your dad want to come to Nexus?"
    Sure
    Sure!

The two reply
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

[Skyside Sylphs]

Therlynn laughs, follows the archer, and says to him, "Well, I'm a decent enough tracker, and I know that if you don't have someone with you who knows what they're doing or are incredibly lucky, this place will kill you in horrible, horrible ways."

28. - Top - End - #118

Sylphs

I'm listening...
    The archer stops.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Illuminati Headquarters - What makes you think he had a food sanitizer?

The old boot was sort of clean, at least. You just have to think of it as beef instead of leather.

"I almost guessed that. And I'd do Alyca's job for a bit. How'd you two get these jobs anyway?" he asks before munching on a breadstick.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Sure
    Sure!

The two reply
    "Ok then. All we need then is a ship large enough to hold a treant... and if I need to, design big mechano-pot shoes for a big treant. though I only have enough clocks left to make one right now, and by my estimations, that would not be enough to sustain you. Not for the flight over. So I'm going to have to pull at least one more robbery off. And then probably steal an airship."
    And probably face more action! Yes! Sure, more risky, but far more Interesting, as now private security will be on his tail! What to do with private security depends on the forces in question, they're not all equal. Some are basically private sector flavored cops with actual rules they follow and responsibilities they adhere themselves to. you use only nonlethal on those guys, they're just doing their jobs after all, and you generally want to get the lightest sentence as possible when dealing with them. If they're thugs who just kill you however well...your better off putting a bullet through their head. cause no amount of morals will persuade them to not kill you.