New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Skyside: Slave 2 Progress

[Illuminati Headquarters - He Didn't Finish That Questline?]

Ewwwwww! No more! No more! Mercy! I beg of you!

Miriah shrugs.

"Well, you know... You can get a lot of things if you curtain with the right people."

Miriah submits as if that is nothing. She pauses to study Justin's expression before uncontrolled snickering claims her soul.

"Just kidding! We were offered these jobs not too long after we escaped. Apparently, someone in human resources heard that we weren't loyal to anyone in the Nexus yet and had essentially received the best anti-interrogation training we possibly could have. We were also considered psychologically stable but with a potentially murderous bent and a personal vendetta against slavers and pretty much anyone who would interfere with people's freedom. We also scored high on the IQ tests, so we were hired some odd months ago."

Hey! The pizza is here already! That was fast!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-02-09 at 02:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Yeah fine." Lion looks worried. The pot does a nervous dance. "Listen we can stay here and get some soil Ok? And you go do what you need to do?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Ok then. All we need then is a ship large enough to hold a treant... and if I need to, design big mechano-pot shoes for a big treant. though I only have enough clocks left to make one right now, and by my estimations, that would not be enough to sustain you. Not for the flight over. So I'm going to have to pull at least one more robbery off. And then probably steal an airship."
    And probably face more action! Yes! Sure, more risky, but far more Interesting, as now private security will be on his tail! What to do with private security depends on the forces in question, they're not all equal. Some are basically private sector flavored cops with actual rules they follow and responsibilities they adhere themselves to. you use only nonlethal on those guys, they're just doing their jobs after all, and you generally want to get the lightest sentence as possible when dealing with them. If they're thugs who just kill you however well...your better off putting a bullet through their head. cause no amount of morals will persuade them to not kill you.
    Raindrop District, Clockmakers' Local #4

"What do we do when our buddy is not ready to be on watch that night?"

One of the younger old men lifts his hand. "Call it an early night and go to the bar?"

The chairman sighs. "Half right. You never go out on watch alone. But you always go out on watch! Call someone from the extra list to go on watch."

Thunderhead, Tinkertown, a Short Street

"Ladies of the jury! The Longmaker Five Thousand, and One!"

There are five flashes of light and the short street is now a long street. And the little broken steam machines in the trash cans are now longer broken steam machines. And the bugs and rats in the trash cans are now longbugs and longrats.

The women cheer. And then some of them scream.

Thunderhead, Pop's Chop Shop

Three half elves hang upside down from the bottom of a small stolen blimp. The blimp is tied down inside. Over a long drop out of Skyside.

Someone asks questions from the blimp ship.

"What did we get wrong about Pop?"

"Pop is not a weasel?"
    "Pop is not a horrible teleport mistake?"
    "Pop is not a ginger kid?"

"GINGER KID?!?!?"

A nut and bolt come apart. The blimp floats up a little more. Two half elves hang upside down from it.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sylphs

I'm listening...
    The archer stops.
    Therlynn smirks, and says, "I don't think there's anything else worth saying. I'll lead you guys around and help you find your friends. You good with that?" Meanwhile, both her body and animal sides are sending rather...interesting messages to her brain, ones that she's trying desperately to block out.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-09 at 03:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Therlynn smirks, and says, "I don't think there's anything else worth saying. I'll lead you guys around and help you find your friends. You good with that?" Meanwhile, both her body and animal sides are sending rather...interesting messages to her brain, ones that she's trying desperately to block out.
    Okay then.
    The archer replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

The Heights

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Heights

Zoe stares after the androgynous elf, a bit confused about his last words. She continues to eat, though.
    Fleur and Lewis clear up after dinner, and leave Zoe to her own devices. We can time skip to morning, if you like.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

The Heights

Zoe will help if allowed, and has experience washing up and carrying crockery.

Besides that, a morning skip would be appreciated.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Okay then.
    The archer replies.
    Therlynn smiles in spite of herself, and asks the archer, "So, what's your name? I'm Therlynn Saxon."

((You might want to pick out a proper speech color for this guy. I'm planning on him sticking around for a while.))

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Illuminati Headquarters - That was in D.C., Justin is from Atlanta:

Justin looks at her unimpressed, if that wasn't the most obvious attempt at a reaction she's tried so far he must have missed one.

"Strange they would know you even existed. I wonder if they contacted the balsa cabin boys." He quickly takes to his pizza. "Everything elsh is pretty shelf-ecshplanatory." *gulp*

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #129

Therlynn smiles in spite of herself, and asks the archer, "So, what's your name? I'm Therlynn Saxon."

((You might want to pick out a proper speech color for this guy. I'm planning on him sticking around for a while.))
    Eyros Windarrow.
    The archer replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Eyros Windarrow.
    The archer replies.
    Therlynn smiles and extends a hand. She says, "Nice to meet you, Eyros. Now tell me, where do you think your friends landed."

11. - Top - End - #131

Therlynn smiles and extends a hand. She says, "Nice to meet you, Eyros. Now tell me, where do you think your friends landed."
    Eyros shakes her hand.
    Probably some other city.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

[Two Archers...Sounds Like The Beginning of a Bad Joke]

Therlynn shakes her head, and says, "Yeah. I'm afraid if they fell out of the sky like you and your friend did, I won't be a whole lot of help. Which raises the question, actually, why were you guys falling from the sky?"

13. - Top - End - #133

[Two Archers...Sounds Like The Beginning of a Bad Joke]

Therlynn shakes her head, and says, "Yeah. I'm afraid if they fell out of the sky like you and your friend did, I won't be a whole lot of help. Which raises the question, actually, why were you guys falling from the sky?"
    A spell gone wrong. The court mage messed up, I guess.
    Eyros replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    "Yeah fine." Lion looks worried. The pot does a nervous dance. "Listen we can stay here and get some soil Ok? And you go do what you need to do?"

Raindrop District, Clockmakers' Local #4

Thunderhead, Tinkertown, a Short Street

Thunderhead, Pop's Chop Shop
    "Kay. Don't worry. I'll be interesting as possible."

Now unfortunately while these events are happening, Valcario has no idea that they are happening. this of course needs to be fixed.

While he walks out of the Gardent, he comes across a newspaper vending machine. He pulls out his trusty-musty Steamtech Swiss Army Knife. It was a most wonderful device. Thanks to the wonders of Gear Space, it contained almost any little hand-held object you could think of! Knife blade, compass, timepiece, lockpick, bottle opener, fire lighter, focused lantern (or as other people call it, a steamtech flashlight) monkey wrench, screwdriver, telescope, old-timey mobile phone, grappling hook, blackjack....and much much more!
    With a few twists and turns the lockpick sprung up, and he of course picked the vending machine opened and took out a copy of the The Clock And Steamwork Gazette.

He read the ads section:

New Invention! The Incredible Longmaker Five-Thousand and One!
    Never worry about anything being too short ever again! Lengthen your life experiences!

POP'S CHOP SHOP! All parts welcome! Clockwork, Steamwork, Whatever Works! Let us see what Pop and Sons can do for you!

These look promising! and of course, these old-timey newspaper ads give the exact street address for people to find them. Very informative, old-timey steamwork advertisements. Nothing like those digital commercials.
    He considers his options. He could find enough parts at either of those things to make a mech-pot foot. But the Longmaker was new and being unveiled, far more Interesting! But he kind of needs to do things a little flexibly for his friends. Stealing from the parts shop would be things no one would really miss.

He thinks on it a little...yea he was going to go with the Longmaker. More Interesting and doubted it would make much difference in his friends eyes. To them stealing was stealing. That and while it was interesting, what kind of invention was making things long? That sounded so useless it was practically begging to be scrapped and made into something useful. like paperweights. or mechanical pot-shoes.

He closed the vending machine, relocked it, and set off for Thunderhead, Short Street with the Gazette in the crook of his arm.

OOC: feel free to change the ads if I'm wrong.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

A spell gone wrong. The court mage messed up, I guess.
    Eyros replies
    Therlynn giggles, and says, "Yeah, I've got some experience with that. Don't worry, it happens to everyone...Though probably not to the same extent you felt." She shakes her head, and says, mostly to herself than anyone else, "Hmm...I'm probably too far away for this to work...Still worth a shot, I guess." She then turns to the sylph, and says to him, "Close your eyes, and, no matter what you hear, don't open them again until I tell you."

16. - Top - End - #136

Therlynn giggles, and says, "Yeah, I've got some experience with that. Don't worry, it happens to everyone...Though probably not to the same extent you felt." She shakes her head, and says, mostly to herself than anyone else, "Hmm...I'm probably too far away for this to work...Still worth a shot, I guess." She then turns to the sylph, and says to him, "Close your eyes, and, no matter what you hear, don't open them again until I tell you."
    The sylph nods and does so.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

The sylph nods and does so.
    Therlynn shifts forms, and strains her nose, trying to find the scent and direction of any nearby Sylphs.

18. - Top - End - #138

Therlynn shifts forms, and strains her nose, trying to find the scent and direction of any nearby Sylphs.
    If she has awesomely good smell, she'll likely learn of 3 sylphs on an island in the sea below.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

If she has awesomely good smell, she'll likely learn of 3 sylphs on an island in the sea below.
    Therlynn smiles at the scent of the Sylphs, and shifts back. She says Eyros, "Alright, you can open your eyes. There are three Sylphs on the island below here."

20. - Top - End - #140

Therlynn smiles at the scent of the Sylphs, and shifts back. She says Eyros, "Alright, you can open your eyes. There are three Sylphs on the island below here."
    excellent.
    Euros replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

excellent.
    Euros replies.
    Therlynn asks him, "You want to continue in Seaside head there? We can get there pretty quickly."

((For the record, I imagine Sylphs smell about as good as Leo, but without the added effect of pheromones.))

22. - Top - End - #142

Therlynn asks him, "You want to continue in Seaside head there? We can get there pretty quickly."

((For the record, I imagine Sylphs smell about as good as Leo, but without the added effect of pheromones.))
    Sure.
    To seaside!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #143

I am so sorry! That is one of the things I do not like. Not knowing where interesting things are in all these threads. And then I went and did the very same thing to you. Sure. Now there are newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]He read the ads section:

New Invention! The Incredible Longmaker Five-Thousand and One!
    Never worry about anything being too short ever again! Lengthen your life experiences!

POP'S CHOP SHOP! All parts welcome! Clockwork, Steamwork, Whatever Works! Let us see what Pop and Sons can do for you!

These look promising! and of course, these old-timey newspaper ads give the exact street address for people to find them. Very informative, old-timey steamwork advertisements. Nothing like those digital commercials.
    He considers his options. He could find enough parts at either of those things to make a mech-pot foot. But the Longmaker was new and being unveiled, far more Interesting! But he kind of needs to do things a little flexibly for his friends. Stealing from the parts shop would be things no one would really miss.

He thinks on it a little...yea he was going to go with the Longmaker. More Interesting and doubted it would make much difference in his friends eyes. To them stealing was stealing. That and while it was interesting, what kind of invention was making things long? That sounded so useless it was practically begging to be scrapped and made into something useful. like paperweights. or mechanical pot-shoes.

He closed the vending machine, relocked it, and set off for Thunderhead, Short Street with the Gazette in the crook of his arm.

OOC: feel free to change the ads if I'm wrong.
    Thunderhead, Tinkertown, A ShortLong Street
    "Turn it off!"
    "Turn it up!"
    "Turn it down!"
    "One just ran up my pants!"

The street is still not big enough to hold all of the jury. There is a fight with the women trying to run out of the street and the women trying to push inventions into the street.

"Just put it in reverse!"
    "Not yet!"
    "Stop pushing!"

A longbug rolls out of it all curled up and big as a wheel cap. One of the women watches it and yells EUREKA! and runs down the street and runs into Valcario and says sorry and keeps running.

"I hate rats I hate rats I HATE RATS!"
    "Someone find us a longcat!"
    "I had one in my ceiling for weeks. It would not leave."

A small boom. Mushroom smoke. Mushroom taste. Five more flashes of light.

"Oh I look good in short skirts now! First prize for the Longmaker!"
    "How can you think about fashion now?!"
    "Is it gone??? I am never wearing pants again."
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

[Bank Robbery]

As Therlynn and Eyros are carrying the unconscious Sylph farmer around looking for a boat, she sees a familiar cyborg and catgirl leaving a bank carrying several large sacks. She swear, and says to Eyros, "Sorry. This might take a while." Once that's said, she charges at our neighborhood villains, draws her bow, nocks and arrow, and fires, all the while shouting, "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-09 at 07:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

[Bank Robbery]

As Therlynn and Eyros are carrying the unconscious Sylph farmer around looking for a boat, she sees a familiar cyborg and catgirl leaving a bank carrying several large sacks. She swear, and says to Eyros, "Sorry. This might take a while." Once that's said, she charges at our neighborhood villains, draws her bow, nocks and arrow, and fires, all the while shouting, "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"
    Eyros nods, and hangs back, waiting.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Bank Infiltration => Escape!

Spoiler
    Show
    The kobold tiredly takes it to the vault...
    BAM!
    Fus Ro Dah!
    Ark steps out of the vault and darts over to magtok.
    let's go!
    [Bank Robbery]

Magtok's leg gets hit with an arrow midstride, and he nearly trips as his knee surrenders to the arrow lodged within it. He hisses, resisting the urge to scream for all of about two seconds, before hollering in agony.

"Goddammit! Goddamn you! Why?! Why would you shoot me there?! Right in the...I'm not even going to say it! That joke is old! That joke is stupidly old!"

For all the pain it causes, his left leg is still perfectly operational, and he'll hobble away from the werewolf if he has to.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-02-09 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Bank Infiltration => Escape!

Magtok's leg gets hit with an arrow midstride, and he nearly trips as his knee surrenders to the arrow lodged within it. He hisses, resisting the urge to scream for all of about two seconds, before hollering in agony.

"Goddammit! Goddamn you! Why?! Why would you shoot me there?! Right in the...I'm not even going to say it! That joke is old! That joke is stupidly old!"

For all the pain it causes, his left leg is still perfectly operational, and he'll hobble away from the werewolf if he has to.
    Ark is hit in the leg, falling down. She draws her shotgun, loaded with White Dust (no, not cocaine!), and levels it with Therlynn.
    Hey bitch,
    She pulls the trigger, and a powerful concussive blast emits from the gun towards Therlynn.
    FUS RO DAH!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Flight of the Robbers]

Therlynn raises an eyebrow quizzically, and asks, "What joke? I'm dead serious right now." She unleashes another arrow at the other leg. When Arkh levels the shotgun at Therlynn, she remembers her previous experience with the boomstick and dodges. Enhanced reflexes have their benefits after all.

((Oh dear. Temporal instability.))
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-09 at 09:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

♫ The Thieving Magpies ♫

"The one about the former adventurer who had to retire because of an arrow injury to the knee. That joke! How did you even find us?!" Magtok reaches into his robes, and throws several sweet rolls in Therlynn's general direction. They look like harmless enough pastries, but harmless pastries usually don't have grenades baked inside, do they? While that's distracting her, he tries to grab Ark and speed away, hovering off the ground to keep off that one leg with the arrow in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I am so sorry! That is one of the things I do not like. Not knowing where interesting things are in all these threads. And then I went and did the very same thing to you. Sure. Now there are newspapers.

Thunderhead, Tinkertown, A ShortLong Street
    "Turn it off!"
    "Turn it up!"
    "Turn it down!"
    "One just ran up my pants!"

The street is still not big enough to hold all of the jury. There is a fight with the women trying to run out of the street and the women trying to push inventions into the street.

"Just put it in reverse!"
    "Not yet!"
    "Stop pushing!"

A longbug rolls out of it all curled up and big as a wheel cap. One of the women watches it and yells EUREKA! and runs down the street and runs into Valcario and says sorry and keeps running.

"I hate rats I hate rats I HATE RATS!"
    "Someone find us a longcat!"
    "I had one in my ceiling for weeks. It would not leave."

A small boom. Mushroom smoke. Mushroom taste. Five more flashes of light.

"Oh I look good in short skirts now! First prize for the Longmaker!"
    "How can you think about fashion now?!"
    "Is it gone??? I am never wearing pants again."
    He points his gun, but....he isn't quite sure what is happening here. A bunch of mechanical rodents and such scampering about? causing trouble? was the Longmaker a machine-hivemind rodent thing with lots of scattered parts? What deranged mind thought this up?

He tries to stomp on a passing mechanical rodent and then examine it with the swiss army knife's magnifying glass to see whats going on. Does he succeed?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".