New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

[The Frescot Home]

"Well ten might not be a hard number. Maybe if Laela could count she'd say more." Sakura giggles and gives the child a little squeeze. "I think we can get you that, though. Maybe even more than that." It's an offer they can't refuse! It's a good thing those snacks aren't very expensive.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

[The Frescot Home]

"Ten? Oh, we're talking ten kids?" Adir shrugs as though he hadn't the slightest idea. He throws his arms up in a dismissive gesture and rolls his eyes. "Ten would almost be too easy." He gets down on his knees beside Sakura, just so he can give his wife a kiss and ruffle Laela's hair. "We might as well just go till we run out've room. Get our money's worth."

"Hey, now, we... um..."

Adir quickly turns his head and points one weathered finger at the tiny, glowing creature. "Three boxes."

"...live to serve."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Frescot Home]

Sakura giggles and gives Adir a small kiss back. "Great. I'll go to the store tomorrow and we can stock up. You'll get your first three boxes as soon as I get back."

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

[Fettina's Place]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Tina's plenty tired enough to fall asleep. She curls up against Sebastian's side, actually taking Shrike's hand for once rather than something else, and will fall into a gentle doze. Sebastian's wrists will likely be quite sore in the morning. Especially if his model becomes frisky in the middle of the night.

But for now, she's ready to rest. It's a surprise she permitted them both staying. Heck, she's only really 'slept' with Shrike once before.
    Shrike might be tuckered out, but she has that Exalted constitution going for her. So she just looks over her companions with a grin, relaxing as she admirers the two of them as they rest.

...there might be a bit of mid-night friskiness.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #845
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Frescot Home]

"You got a deal, lady," The fairy says, flitting up and hovering in front of little Laela. She smiles widely. "Shall we lock this one up for you? Throw away the key?"

Adir just grins. He glances down at Laela, quite pleased with how this turned out.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Intermission - Entry Lobby]
    When Soteira arrives, she is in the lobby of the decagonal building once occupied by Carrie. Its color scheme is in grey and lavenders, souls of the dead on couches and walking as Guides tend to them.

Eventually, one Guide notices the lovely young Aspect who has arrived... and a whole gaggle soon begins to bear down on her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

7. - Top - End - #847
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Intermission]

Soteira is painfully aware that she neglected to get Carrie's help dealing with the Guides. But she smooths her dress and puts on a smile that barely looks nervous at all. Hello!
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Intermission]
    They crowd around her... and start to chatter all at once. Some ask her name, others want to know why she looks so much like "Carrie's hawt assassin girlfriend", and some just think she's cute. A few are already trying to get at her barn-owl wings with fingers already experienced in feather-preening.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #849

[The Intermission]

H-Hi! My name is Soteira, Aspect of Angela the Savior. I was created to take control over this domain because Carrie is my very good friend and I wanted to take care of everything for her. She bows her head and flares out her wings. I look forward to working with you all! Please take care of me!

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [The Intermission]

H-Hi! My name is Soteira, Aspect of Angela the Savior. I was created to take control over this domain because Carrie is my very good friend and I wanted to take care of everything for her. She bows her head and flares out her wings. I look forward to working with you all! Please take care of me!
    There is a chorus of squeals as they descend upon her in a massive sort of group hug, complete with a few getting cheeky and probably needing instruction on not getting handsy with people.
    Give them an inch and they'll walk all over you. Specifically your butt, with their hands.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851

[The Intermission]

The winged goddess hugs as many of the psychopomps as she can, politely not saying anything about errant hands. Discipline is Kyne's job, as these girls will find out.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-04-27 at 09:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Intermission]

The winged goddess hugs as many of the psychopomps as she can, politely not saying anything about errant heads. Discipline is Kyne's job, as these girls will find out.
    Some start asking for steamy details of her relationship with Carrie; as a mass, they begin to steer her toward one of the halls.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #853

[The Intermission]

I don't really have a relationship with Carrie. Not yet at least. I was only created yesterday! I'm only an Aspect of my sister. She allows herself to be pushed and pulled to the hall.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Intermission]

I don't really have a relationship with Carrie. Not yet at least. I was only created yesterday! I'm only an Aspect of my sister. She allows herself to be pushed and pulled to the hall.
    The nobler ones think Carrie should be falling all over a darling blossom like her.
    The more hedonistic start steering her toward one of the Guide lounges, hoping she wants to cuddle.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Frescot Home]

"You got a deal, lady," The fairy says, flitting up and hovering in front of little Laela. She smiles widely. "Shall we lock this one up for you? Throw away the key?"

Adir just grins. He glances down at Laela, quite pleased with how this turned out.
    [The Frescot Home]

"Oh, do you think you could do that?" Sakura sounds a bit unsure, but if they can help with the kids directly, that could be so helpful.

Laela gives the fairy a toothy smile and actually doesn't try to grab her. How lucky for the fairy.

16. - Top - End - #856

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza is snuggled into her shoulder, eyes closed, happily exhausted.
    Hildur turns her head to kiss Thyrza's forehead, before closing her eyes as well. "Love you, Thyrza."

[Maxwell's Office]

"And do you think we might have more of these, uh, things?" Maxwell rolls his pale wrist, as if trying to get the word out. "These dates?"

[Tina's Place 2]

"Not from your Earth. It's complicated. There's a lot of Earths," Tina says quickly. "And it's not... well, really Anchorage. We don't even know much about what the town was like. This glacier destroyed the place and we just sort of... dug into the side where it used to be. Apparently we chose there because it was remote. Or so they tell me."
    Maxwell's Office

Shark makes a big show of considering his options, and eventually shrugs. "Sure. I don't have anything better to do."

Tina's Place 2

"Oh, I think I get it. You guys still have glaciers roaming around? Most of ours've melted," Cassidy says. "Though I guess some mages are working on that."

17. - Top - End - #857

The nobler ones think Carrie should be falling all over a darling blossom like her.
    The more hedonistic start steering her toward one of the Guide lounges, hoping she wants to cuddle.

[The Intermission]

Soteira, at least this moment, favors the more hedonistic Guides over the, like, two who don't want to cuddle.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Intermission]

Soteira, at least this moment, favors the more hedonistic Guides over the, like, two who don't want to cuddle.
    Soon those ones want to cuddle too, and join in the effort to get her to the couch; the mass tries to get her to lay on as many lined-up laps as possible. They simply cannot resist the cute.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

[A Certain Home]

A Certain Scholar leads Hretka to her home. It's a place, not quite in Inside, but in the suburbs, and is pretty much every bit the home that is pictured when people talk about 'The American Dream'...Three Bedrooms, two Bathrooms, a living room, den, office, and hallways connecting the whole thing up.

Once they get there, Certain opens the door and says, "This is my place. Please, don't mess with anything...There is a fairly decent chance it will discharge some spell, and I've forgotten what most of these do."

And, indeed, one of the bedrooms has been converted into a storage room for what seems to be magical artifacts, the office has strange sigils on the walls, and there are several dried parchments framed and hung in various places as trophies.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [A Certain Home]

A Certain Scholar leads Hretka to her home. It's a place, not quite in Inside, but in the suburbs, and is pretty much every bit the home that is pictured when people talk about 'The American Dream'...Three Bedrooms, two Bathrooms, a living room, den, office, and hallways connecting the whole thing up.

Once they get there, Certain opens the door and says, "This is my place. Please, don't mess with anything...There is a fairly decent chance it will discharge some spell, and I've forgotten what most of these do."

And, indeed, one of the bedrooms has been converted into a storage room for what seems to be magical artifacts, the office has strange sigils on the walls, and there are several dried parchments framed and hung in various places as trophies.
    Hretka nods; while she explores the house, she doesn't mess with anything and just observes. She tries to ascertain whether the bedroom that is neither Certain's nor the storage room is open for her using. With that done, she returns to her contract-holder.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

Hretka nods; while she explores the house, she doesn't mess with anything and just observes. She tries to ascertain whether the bedroom that is neither Certain's nor the storage room is open for her using. With that done, she returns to her contract-holder.
    The bedroom is, indeed, free. What, you expected Certain to have a significant other? How droll.

When Hretka returns to Certain, she's sitting on a couch in the living room, and gestures to a spot next to her as she says, "So..." She trails off, apparently at a loss for words.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

The bedroom is, indeed, free. What, you expected Certain to have a significant other? How droll.

When Hretka returns to Certain, she's sitting on a couch in the living room, and gestures to a spot next to her as she says, "So..." She trails off, apparently at a loss for words.
    [Certain House]
    She sits as she is bid, making little clicks and fussing with her lower arms.

... I... ahem.

She wonders about saying something. Like mentioning the Execuloth crevicing instinct, or how pretty Certain's hair looks in the li---okay, no, she decides to stay quiet.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

[Certain House]
    She sits as she is bid, making little clicks and fussing with her lower arms.

... I... ahem.

She wonders about saying something. Like mentioning the Execuloth crevicing instinct, or how pretty Certain's hair looks in the li---okay, no, she decides to stay quiet.
    And so, there is a very awkward silence as Certain has no idea what to say in this circumstance, and Hretka is being silly. So...That's a thing, apparently.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

[Certain House]
    She glances up, then down, then up again. So.
    Er.
    ... Your... kitchen floor has nice tiles. Ours are... er... ours have tile on the walls and ceiling too.

She realizes what she's saying and buries her face in her hands.
    ... I'm sorry, please forget I said anything at any point.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

[Certain House]
    She glances up, then down, then up again. So.
    Er.
    ... Your... kitchen floor has nice tiles. Ours are... er... ours have tile on the walls and ceiling too.

She realizes what she's saying and buries her face in her hands.
    ... I'm sorry, please forget I said anything at any point.
    Certain, who had kind of been in a weird trance-thingy that she goes into when she's thinking, snaps out of if when Moexeculoth starts talking and replies to her, "Eh, don't worry about compliments...People don't tend to say anything nice about the weird mage that summons demons and actually talks to them."

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Certain, who had kind of been in a weird trance-thingy that she goes into when she's thinking, snaps out of if when Moexeculoth starts talking and replies to her, "Eh, don't worry about compliments...People don't tend to say anything nice about the weird mage that summons demons and actually talks to them."
    [Certain Home]
    She blushes, glancing away. Yes, of course, I'm sorry. It was unnecessarily silly of me.

S-Senpai...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

[Certain Home]
    She blushes, glancing away. Yes, of course, I'm sorry. It was unnecessarily silly of me.

S-Senpai...
    Senpai has apparently failed to notice the dere, and so she says, "Don't apologize to me for being silly. A lot of what people do is silly. One can't just apologize for everything they do," as she smiles at the blushing Daemon.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Senpai has apparently failed to notice the dere, and so she says, "Don't apologize to me for being silly. A lot of what people do is silly. One can't just apologize for everything they do," as she smiles at the blushing Daemon.
    [Certain]
    Poor Hretka.
    She smiles weakly, pulling a pen out to nibble at it.
    Such things are so.
    ... I... think I may retire for the night, if my assistance is unneeded.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

[Certain]
    Poor Hretka.
    She smiles weakly, pulling a pen out to nibble at it.
    Such things are so.
    ... I... think I may retire for the night, if my assistance is unneeded.
    Certain yawns and says, "It is rather late...I suppose I might as well retire as well. You found the spare room, you can sleep there." With that, she heads off to her room, curls up, and sleeps a sleep filled with dreams of Hretka...It's a side-effect of the bond. Hretka might also dream about Certain.

((And with that, another Daemon goes to sleep. Night.))

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Certain yawns and says, "It is rather late...I suppose I might as well retire as well. You found the spare room, you can sleep there." With that, she heads off to her room, curls up, and sleeps a sleep filled with dreams of Hretka...It's a side-effect of the bond. Hretka might also dream about Certain.

((And with that, another Daemon goes to sleep. Night.))
    [Certain]
    She nods, relocating the mattress and its trappings under the bed. Dreaming about senpai Certain, hers is a blushy sleep.
    And, should Certain find her in the morning, an adorable one.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show