New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Jace's Bedroom

"Yes. She was never anyone notable. No one looked into who she was, no one cared about her. Her story was allowed to degenerate, and by now it's too far damaged to make any actual sense. She should be fading away, collapsing into a paradox from what I understand, but she isn't. She has come back. Why? How? Doesn't matter. Not just, 'it doesn't matter to us,' it just doesn't matter. All anyone can do at this point is figure out what to do with what's going on, and watch for any patterns that might arise." She hands the folder to Jace. "Check my work if you want, all the information is there."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Jace's Bedroom

Jace takes the folder and skims through it a bit.
    "No comment on what she is right now?" he asks, more wanting to know than he is wanting to weasel out of the deal.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

"It's neither angelic or demonic, and while it's elemental in effect it's not connected to the planes. I called in a few favors, and it doesn't seem to be connected to any of the Nexus old ones, so if there's any kind of outside cause you'd need a really powerful entity to track it down. I can't really comment on the attributes of the effect itself, I was going for non-invasive, you know, but I can say that she was buried out where you found her after a routine mugging-gone-wrong, so it's not connected to the cause of death."

She nods, sure of herself. "Again, I have more information than most people could possibly get, and there's no answer, so I think that there's just no answer. Yes, I am aware of the memory discrepancy between what she remembers and what happened. It's curious,for sure. I suspect it's a coping mechanism, she likely will have holes in her memory concerning her jobs, and the times she was supposed to die. Likely either not thinking anything notable going on, or just having slipped her mind over the years."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

Jace seems to accept this answer.
    "Alright. So you're saying that she was killed on the road, likely on a trip she doesn't remember taking, by mundane means, buried hastily, and through some bizarre way of chance came back to life as another kind of creature?
    What about the double I talked to? Did all of these deaths simply leave the bodies where they were and create another copy in the usual place?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

"Likely. She doesn't have a mortgage on her house, and I don't have any information on who owned it before her. It seems to be part of the situation. In addition, It seems like places she's buried tend to degenerate quickly, giving the appearance of the graves being older than they really are. Between that, grave defacing, and grave robbing, the graves listed in those sheets are likely either unprovable or have been emptied and re-used by someone else. However, 'create a copy' isn't quite a proper term. More that it forgets that she died."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    For a few moments, Shark will find himself in total darkness, hitting the bottom of the cavern before it flattens out, leading off beneath the ocean floor. Lest he be totally lost, glowing, rippling reeds begin to appear along the walls in his presence, leading him down a brief jagged corridor.

He'll see less natural light before emerging upon the surface of an underground lake, upon the shores of which waits a golden temple. Enormous, embattled statues and carvings of gold line the walls, reminiscent of ancient Greece. Before him, up a set of blunt marble stairs, waits a solid gold dining table. Fresh fish sautéed in butter, shelled mollusks, a mound of shrimp, all these and other things wait steaming in the dusky torchlight.

"I've taken the liberty of choosing our wine, I certainly hope you won't mind," Max says, standing beside the table and a slightly chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio. He slicks his hair back with a careless gesture, smiling, silently hoping for approval from the far younger man. Was this too much? Would he have preferred a regular old restaurant? Bah. "If seafood isn't to your liking, there are other things I can provide..."
    "Like I said, I'm from an offshore plant. Kind of used to seafood, and it's always better than rations," Shark says, approaching the table. He has no knowledge of wine at all, so he doesn't recognize the bottle Maxwell's carrying.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-02-21 at 10:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Therlynn may wake up at the noise of tweeting birds.
    ...Is it morning already?!
    Apparently! She looks around a little bit and smiles faintly, muttering, "Mmmm...Well, I wasn't expecting to spend the night...Still had a good time, though."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Apparently! She looks around a little bit and smiles faintly, muttering, "Mmmm...Well, I wasn't expecting to spend the night...Still had a good time, though."
    Glad to know.
    Eyros says groggily to her,
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to know.
    Eyros says groggily to her,
    Therlynn rolls over and allows Eyros to stand up. However, if he does, she tries to pull him back down into a hug!
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-21 at 12:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Summit Springs - Mimi's Abode]

Riss allows herself to be pinned although partly to keep from unduely stressing Mimi's hand. She was being a bit reckless in the muse's opinion but she didn't seem to be in any real pain, a good indicator that nothing was horribly wrong, at least. "You think so?" the muse replied with a coy smile.

Of course, unless Mimi had suddenly grown a third arm, the muse's tail would still be free for her to do with as she pleased. Rather than tickle her pixie while she thought she had the upper hand, Riss instead chose to reach up and run it's tip down between her wings and along her spine. "So what would you do with your prey once so snared, oh mighty huntress?" she asked, playfully fluttering her eyes at her pixie.
    [Summit Springs - Mimi's Abode]

"Um." Mimi hesitates, recognizing where Riss is going with this. Time to come up with something good! "I'd..." And she goes on to imply some naughty things she'd do to Riss. A blush colours her cheeks red quite quickly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-02-21 at 06:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Therlynn rolls over and allows Eyros to stand up. However, if he does, she tries to pull him back down into a hug!
    Eyros attempts to get up, and is hugged!
    Eyros returns the hug!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Eyros attempts to get up, and is hugged!
    Eyros returns the hug!
    Therlynn smiles, pulls him closer, and whispers, "I think I love you..."

13. - Top - End - #223

Therlynn smiles, pulls him closer, and whispers, "I think I love you..."
    I know that I love you.
    Eyros replies, pulled closer.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

I know that I love you.
    Eyros replies, pulled closer.
    Therlynn smiles, kisses him, and tries to pull the curtain.

15. - Top - End - #225

Therlynn smiles, kisses him, and tries to pull the curtain.
    And she succeeds!
    Eyros will be lying down, exhausted, when. The curtain lifts
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Jace's Bedroom

"Likely. She doesn't have a mortgage on her house, and I don't have any information on who owned it before her. It seems to be part of the situation. In addition, It seems like places she's buried tend to degenerate quickly, giving the appearance of the graves being older than they really are. Between that, grave defacing, and grave robbing, the graves listed in those sheets are likely either unprovable or have been emptied and re-used by someone else. However, 'create a copy' isn't quite a proper term. More that it forgets that she died."
    "But in this case it forgot before it even was done with its action, and now there's two. Think this sort of thing will keep happening to both?" he asks the demoness.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

And she succeeds!
    Eyros will be lying down, exhausted, when. The curtain lifts
    Therlynn is on top of him again, still holding him tightly. She nuzzles him and whispers, "Hey...You want to go hunting in Outside later? I know this great place...It's amazing."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

"Your guess is as good as mine. It may keep happening to the normal one, but I'd guess that the notable one is going to solidify. I'm more worried about the option that it loses track of other corpses."
    She's still smiling, and is quite relaxed about this entire thing. "No way to tell until it happens, of course."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

Jace sighs.
    "Alright. I'd really have preferred an answer which actually was one instead of conjecture, but it's all there is to go on, it seems. Anything else I should know?"

20. - Top - End - #230

Therlynn is on top of him again, still holding him tightly. She nuzzles him and whispers, "Hey...You want to go hunting in Outside later? I know this great place...It's amazing."
    Sure.
    Euros replies, tired.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Sure.
    Euros replies, tired.
    Therlynn smiles and snuggles Eyros, but lets him sleep and is soon asleep herself.

22. - Top - End - #232

Therlynn smiles and snuggles Eyros, but lets him sleep and is soon asleep herself.
    Eros sleeps...
    And wakes up a couple hours later!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Eros sleeps...
    And wakes up a couple hours later!
    When Eyros wakes up, his movements wake up Therlynn. She smiles, and rolls over, this time allowing him to get up for real.

24. - Top - End - #234

When Eyros wakes up, his movements wake up Therlynn. She smiles, and rolls over, this time allowing him to get up for real.
    Eyros gets up, stretching, and gets dressed.
    Sleep well?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

"Now that I've delivered the information and you've accepted it, the payment is complete and as thus you have some bad luck on the way. Unrelated to that, however, I am fond of repeat customers and as thus will give you this." She pulls out a tell, black candle, and offers it to Jace. "If you burn this candle, and it's the only light source in the room, I'll come and we can make a deal. Or you can use it with another light source, and it's a perfectly normal candle save that it will never run out."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Eyros gets up, stretching, and gets dressed.
    Sleep well?
    Therlynn nods as she gets up and dress, and says, "Mmhmm...You make a nice pillow."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

I think you mean 'tall.'
    Jace takes the candle, which he resigns to label and put safely in a drawer.
    "Very well, but forgive me if I wait until I've seen how your Prices work out before I consider calling you again."

28. - Top - End - #238

Therlynn nods as she gets up and dress, and says, "Mmhmm...You make a nice pillow."
    Eyros chuckles.
    So, wanna go to that place in Outside?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Bedroom

"Perfectly understandable. Until then,"
    she and her chair turn into a bit of smoke, and are gone.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Eyros chuckles.
    So, wanna go to that place in Outside?
    Therlynn nods, grins, and says, "Sure. You ready?"