New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Outside XXXIX

Wolf Glade

This time things go a little different. Now, thanks to his previous maneuver, Hannod has the chance to draw his blade as Therlynn closes the gap between them. As she leaps he lifts the silver longsword to meet her uninjured shoulder, and unless Lynn can somehow change direction midair her own momentum should do the rest.

Across the glade, Ezra leaves her victim barely alive as she bounds towards the next. But again distance is the enemy. The third soldier manages to reload before as she moves across the clearing, and another silver bolt is loosed towards Ezra's flank. The man she's lunging towards casts his own bow aside, taking up shield and blade to meet the werewolf.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Jezebelle is busy consoling her now crying daughter.

Melody's head has been wrapped in a bandage. Which is showing a little brown. But in the darkness it's hard to tell if that is seeping blood, or just dirt. In fact, without light that's about all that can be seen.

That, and Melody seems to be very tired. To the point where all she wants to do is sleep.

Jezebelle looks up to Magtok. It's my father. He doesn't believe I'm raising my daughters right. Because, she closes her eyes for a moment, and takes a breath. I was afraid to teach them about magic. It's always been a destructive force in my family. I wanted no part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Happy accepts the hand from Magtok, and leans on him as she returns to Melody's side. "Melody, love, you can't sleep if you have a head injury," Happy says. "Magtok, do you have a light?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok produces a flashlight, and points it down at Melody, careful to avoid shining it right in her eyes, because that would be rude.
    Derek takes a closer look with the light Magtok makes. He will reach down and try to gently lift up the bandage to try and take a closer look at what the wound looks like. "I might be able to help her. I have some affinity for healing magic. She's right Melody you need to stay awake." He fishes out a necklace from under his shirt. Then he unclips the pendant from it, it looks like a small vial filled with a milky white liquid.

====================

[Walking to Inside]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki briefly glances down at the hand, then back up at Amelia. "Mm... I see. Still, it's something that should be fixable. Everything is, eventually. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to try my hand at checking it out."

"And don't be embarrassed about it. We all have our issues..."
    Yuki looks like she is about to say no but stops herself. "Yeah sure. I guess I could let you take a look so to speak. I think I should probably tell you a bit more about what happened." She says sounding unsure about where to start. This is clearly an uncomfortable topic for her.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Wolf Glade

This time things go a little different. Now, thanks to his previous maneuver, Hannod has the chance to draw his blade as Therlynn closes the gap between them. As she leaps he lifts the silver longsword to meet her uninjured shoulder, and unless Lynn can somehow change direction midair her own momentum should do the rest.

Across the glade, Ezra leaves her victim barely alive as she bounds towards the next. But again distance is the enemy. The third soldier manages to reload before as she moves across the clearing, and another silver bolt is loosed towards Ezra's flank. The man she's lunging towards casts his own bow aside, taking up shield and blade to meet the werewolf.
    Therlynn maintains the pounce, even though Hannod's sword pierces deep into her shoulder, paralyzing the arm. She's trying to knock Hannod over, and if that happens, she'll start to maul him, taking care to bite him, but leave him barely alive.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-04 at 09:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Wolf Glade

Ezra is bolted, yips in pain, and slams into the shield, bouncing off and hitting the ground. stunned from hitting the hard earth, she is unable to react this round!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Walking to Inside]

Amelia looks like she is about to say no but stops herself. "Yeah sure. I guess I could let you take a look so to speak. I think I should probably tell you a bit more about what happened." She says sounding unsure about where to start. This is clearly an uncomfortable topic for her.
    [Walking to Inside]

"Thank you. I promise, I won't do anything bad to you." Yuki smiles softly. "And I won't laugh or anything."

"Um... perhaps you could start with what the experiment that caused this...?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-02-04 at 09:27 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Walking to Inside]

"I am not worried about you laughing." She says quietly giving a little nod. "We were trying to tap into a new source of power. Something that was beyond what we were using at the time. Heavily layered spell work with a deeply rooted ritualistic nature. Four hours straight of spell casting. But it didn't work the way we wanted it to. We were hoping to tap into power. But instead a creature came through. It wasn't friendly." She frowns.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Western Ghost Town

Denise does, in fact, have a chain. It's a sturdy one, and she loops it through the front tire so that even if someone does break the shrub it won't be easy to roll away.

"The saloon, maybe?"
    Denise offers, "Were saloons open all night? It'd be where we would go to get a room, right? Or did they have dedicated hotels back then?" She doesn't know much about old west towns, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Western Ghost town

the minotaur shrugs.
    "Beats me. This isn't the kind of human towns I've ever been to. That sounds like as good a place as any." he says, heading in that direction.
    Western Ghost Town

The saloon is a smoky, dimly lit place with a cowgirl tending the bar almost bursting out of her top and plenty of roughnecks all clustered around tables, glaring at each other over drinks and cards. There are a few girls of varying races, shapes, sizes, and levels of dress hovering around and waiting to catch some John's eye for a free drink or a bit of more substantial fun upstairs.

The cowgirl, who also happens to be a cow-girl, has her eyes on Krayger as he leads the way in, and purses her lips for a low whistle that can barely be heard over the din of the card sharks and call girls.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Denise is surprised. She had expected more humans. She had expected the pair of them to stick out more. She had expected it to be creepier.

Of all that, she's most surprised by the number of non humans around. She's been in Inside, but it was one of the human-heavy parts... she's a bit overwhelmed now.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Luna Lake]

"Uh... would you help me with the binding first please?" Kitty seemed pretty open about that even if it was a bit awkward. She really had to get a new one first. She holds up the binder and smiles sheepishly. "I was thinking of buying a new one on mallside, ever been there?" She didn't want to linger on the subject of breast binders too long, or at all.
    [Luna Lake]

"Sure, I can do that. So how exactly does this thing go on..?" With some instruction, Kitty will set about wrapping Obriane's chest. "Why do you wear this thing anyway? It looks like it's crushing you." Kitty doesn't think she herself would be the least bit with it on, and Obriane has a lot more to crush.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Western Ghost Town

The saloon is a smoky, dimly lit place with a cowgirl tending the bar almost bursting out of her top and plenty of roughnecks all clustered around tables, glaring at each other over drinks and cards. There are a few girls of varying races, shapes, sizes, and levels of dress hovering around and waiting to catch some John's eye for a free drink or a bit of more substantial fun upstairs.

The cowgirl, who also happens to be a cow-girl, has her eyes on Krayger as he leads the way in, and purses her lips for a low whistle that can barely be heard over the din of the card sharks and call girls.
    You see, this is what Krayger gets for using the phrase "human town." And confound it all, why does the first time in a month Krayger finds a girl who matches his basic description of "attractive" it has to be in a magic'd up town which may or may not actually exist. Gah. Still, he'd have been headed to the bar anyway. All it changes is that now he has to make sure he doesn't get caught staring.
    "Just follow my lead." he says to Denise as he approaches the bar.
    "Evening, Miss. My friend here and I were passing through when we came across this here town, which we weren't familiar with. Could you tell us a bit about where we are?"

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Wintry Palace:

He grabbed it to wield it last time. Easier to do an overhead swing with your own two hands, at least at this point in his career.

Romeo prepares the icicle spell that had proven very useful so far. Drawing his hand back, he puts as much power as he can behind his hand. With all of his might he releases the icicle, aiming right between the eye sockets.
    There's less moisture in the air here than in the open palace, so the icicle might be a bit smaller than the last. Still, the Jailer's helm is an open one, and the icy missile flies clear through its left eye, thanks to its movement. It gives a silent shriek as two of its arms go limp, and it runs at Romeo, its remaining mace flailing wildly in its spasming throes.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [Spirits with Hollow Hearts]

((If you want to be grammatically-correct about your Japanese tense, I think it'd more accurate to incant it like this: "Me o azamuke, kokoro o kowagarasete."))

Leo can't avoid the Lion's strike in midair, so he's forced to defend himself this time. He widens his grip on his staff and holds it out in front of him, stopping the attack before it can reach him. Despite his weapon being made of hard wood, it's much sturdier than one might expect. As the creature's blow is stopped, the spiritualist will propel himself away from it, landing a few yards away. He knows that it's only a matter of time before his luck runs out, so he decides to go on the offensive this time.

Leo understands the difference in raw power between himself and his opponent, so he'll be careful about facing the Lion head-on. He'll dance around the beast and hit it with a few weak strikes, waiting for it to expose an opening, and if/when it does, he'll hit that opening hard with a precision attack, thrusting his staff like a lance to hit the weak point...

Spirits with Hollow Hearts

)(Alright, sounds like a plan. I just plugged a sentence into Google Translate, so I appreciate the advice)(

The Lion, like all of the Hollows present, makes all or nothing attacks, with massive swipes and grand lunges. Unfortunately, this leaves a lot of weaknesses. The one that Leo takes advantage of allows him to jab it in the armpit as it passes by. This knocks it off balance and defenseless for this round. Be careful, the Ape is watching nearby, still giving those horrendous cries.
    The Soul Reaper manages to trick the blinded Horse into barreling into the bewildered Wolf just long enough to finish the latter Hollow off with a double-bladed blow to the mask, disintegrating it into thousands of freed souls. Next round he'll slay the Horse and assist Leo, should he need the aid
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Wintry Palace:

Oh, god, with the throes! Why the throes?

In reaction to the Jailer's assault, Romeo runs backwards down the hallway, trying to outpace the Jailer. If he can manage some sort of distance, Romeo will plant his feet to the ground and wields both his hands. Throwing them forward, the air from hallway behind him fire like cannons along his harms at the undead.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #133

Spoiler
    Show
    Western Ghost Town

Denise is surprised. She had expected more humans. She had expected the pair of them to stick out more. She had expected it to be creepier.

Of all that, she's most surprised by the number of non humans around. She's been in Inside, but it was one of the human-heavy parts... she's a bit overwhelmed now.
    You see, this is what Krayger gets for using the phrase "human town." And confound it all, why does the first time in a month Krayger finds a girl who matches his basic description of "attractive" it has to be in a magic'd up town which may or may not actually exist. Gah. Still, he'd have been headed to the bar anyway. All it changes is that now he has to make sure he doesn't get caught staring.
    "Just follow my lead." he says to Denise as he approaches the bar.
    "Evening, Miss. My friend here and I were passing through when we came across this here town, which we weren't familiar with. Could you tell us a bit about where we are?"

Western Ghost Town

"Well sure hun. You're Nowhere now, just like the rest of us. Folks wandered through looking to get someplace else, and now they're stuck here. Guessing you came about the disappearances like the last few folk did?" She points a thick, but well manicured finger at the table full of card players, one in particular standing out, "One of them, big feller with the octopus face? He was a bounty hunter looking for someone who'd fled this way. Can't seem to find the feller for the life of him, so if the guy came here he must have found a way out too. Gives you hope, thinking that way." Her smile slips for a moment, but then she pulls a crystal bottle of whiskey out from under the bar and pours a couple of shots into highball glasses, "A drink for you and your friend? First one after you get to town's free, helps get you over the shock."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post

)(Alright, sounds like a plan. I just plugged a sentence into Google Translate, so I appreciate the advice)(

The Lion, like all of the Hollows present, makes all or nothing attacks, with massive swipes and grand lunges. Unfortunately, this leaves a lot of weaknesses. The one that Leo takes advantage of allows him to jab it in the armpit as it passes by. This knocks it off balance and defenseless for this round. Be careful, the Ape is watching nearby, still giving those horrendous cries.
    The Soul Reaper manages to trick the blinded Horse into barreling into the bewildered Wolf just long enough to finish the latter Hollow off with a double-bladed blow to the mask, disintegrating it into thousands of freed souls. Next round he'll slay the Horse and assist Leo, should he need the aid
    ((As a rule, I tend only to use Google to translate individual words, as it doesn't always take modern grammatical rules, common word usage, or colloquialisms into account when translating phrases. Just a suggestion.))

Leo gains a bit of confidence at the success of his attack, preparing another strike. As the Wolf is destroyed, however, a rush of spiritual energy fills him from the liberation of those trapped within it, and it empowers him to perform his exorcist rite. A sphere of pressure appears around the spiritualist as the equivalent of his Reiatsu surges, protecting him from flank attacks while he recites a few short incantations in his native language, his voice eerily somber and menacing...

Spoiler: Command of Tranquility
    Show
    "{Restless spirit, corrupted by the taste of undeserved power, I compel you to be still.}"

Spoiler: Command of Submission
    Show
    "{Tenacious spirit, tempted by the promises of life and power, I compel you to cease your struggle.}"

Spoiler: Command of Passing
    Show
    "{Sorrowful spirit, terrified by the prospect of final rest, I compel you to return to All Creation.}"

With every word, the Lion should grow weak and still, almost as if falling into a deep hypnotic sleep. Should everything go according to plan, his energy will envelop the Hollow, and once he completes the final incantation, it will collapse and swallow the fallen creature, destroying its body and releasing the souls consumed by it...

((This is not to say, however, that one of the other enemies could break his concentration midway through and stop the process. It'd take some effort, but it's certainly not impossible, especially considering that Leo still doesn't have most of his power in the Nexus.))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-02-05 at 11:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Walking to Inside]

"I am not worried about you laughing." She says quietly giving a little nod. "We were trying to tap into a new source of power. Something that was beyond what we were using at the time. Heavily layered spell work with a deeply rooted ritualistic nature. Four hours straight of spell casting. But it didn't work the way we wanted it to. We were hoping to tap into power. But instead a creature came through. It wasn't friendly." She frowns.
    [Walking to Inside]

"Mm... I see." Yuki looks a bit concerned. "And... it was this creature that did that to you...?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Western Ghost Town
    Show
    Western Ghost Town

"Well sure hun. You're Nowhere now, just like the rest of us. Folks wandered through looking to get someplace else, and now they're stuck here. Guessing you came about the disappearances like the last few folk did?" She points a thick, but well manicured finger at the table full of card players, one in particular standing out, "One of them, big feller with the octopus face? He was a bounty hunter looking for someone who'd fled this way. Can't seem to find the feller for the life of him, so if the guy came here he must have found a way out too. Gives you hope, thinking that way." Her smile slips for a moment, but then she pulls a crystal bottle of whiskey out from under the bar and pours a couple of shots into highball glasses, "A drink for you and your friend? First one after you get to town's free, helps get you over the shock."

"But... then how are we going to get money for more drinks, then? How does that work?" She shakes her head. "I guess... how does the town work, then? You walk out one side and come in another? Or you walk out and get to another, identical town? How are people still alive here? How do you have enough food?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Wintry Palace:

Oh, god, with the throes! Why the throes?

In reaction to the Jailer's assault, Romeo runs backwards down the hallway, trying to outpace the Jailer. If he can manage some sort of distance, Romeo will plant his feet to the ground and wields both his hands. Throwing them forward, the air from hallway behind him fire like cannons along his harms at the undead.

Wintry Palace

Well, when fighting something without vital organs instakills aren't always a guarantee. And also I didn't feel like the armor guy getting taken out in two moves
    The Jailer's head trauma has made it uncoordinated, so this time the air-push spell bowls it over. It lands full on its back, hissing and convulsing a bit as its magic leaks away. Tep drops from his place and lands foot-first on the icicle. driving it through the back of its skull before tossing another tiny fireball into its forehead and hopping off, smirking as it starts to go still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Western Ghost Town

"But... then how are we going to get money for more drinks, then? How does that work?" She shakes her head. "I guess... how does the town work, then? You walk out one side and come in another? Or you walk out and get to another, identical town? How are people still alive here? How do you have enough food?"

Western Ghost Town

((Just for the sake of me picturing this scene, what color is she?))
    Krayger shakes his head and grins just a little bit. He's a careful guy, but it takes quite a lot to visibly worry him. Besides, what the lass was saying wasn't really any worse than what he'd thought when they first walked into this version of the place.
    "I've always been more of an ale bull, myself. Besides, unless that's the extra strong stuff at my size one's not going to do much.
    But Yeah, I'd been about to ask how you get supplies and an economy in a place this small. Or room."

18. - Top - End - #138

Spoiler
    Show

Wintry Palace

Well, when fighting something without vital organs instakills aren't always a guarantee. And also I didn't feel like the armor guy getting taken out in two moves
    The Jailer's head trauma has made it uncoordinated, so this time the air-push spell bowls it over. It lands full on its back, hissing and convulsing a bit as its magic leaks away. Tep drops from his place and lands foot-first on the icicle. driving it through the back of its skull before tossing another tiny fireball into its forehead and hopping off, smirking as it starts to go still.

Western Ghost Town

((Just for the sake of me picturing this scene, what color is she?))
    Krayger shakes his head and grins just a little bit. He's a careful guy, but it takes quite a lot to visibly worry him. Besides, what the lass was saying wasn't really any worse than what he'd thought when they first walked into this version of the place.
    "I've always been more of an ale bull, myself. Besides, unless that's the extra strong stuff at my size one's not going to do much.
    But Yeah, I'd been about to ask how you get supplies and an economy in a place this small. Or room."

Western Ghost Town

((Her fur is this colour.))

The bartender shrugs and knocks back one of the whiskeys straight before hauling a beer up from an ice bucket behind the bar. The bottle is quite large, about a liter of bubbling liquid all told.

"We do pretty well for ourselves, considering. There's all kinds of different states this place is in, and this is where most of us keep to ourselves. If you leave one of them at night, you'll find this one on the horizon. It's constant night here, and once you get here you've gotta walk until dawn to find anyplace else." She shakes her head, thinking back over what she said and realizing it doesn't help explain much.

"You two showed up and everything was abandoned and pretty spooky, right? That's what we all saw when we first got here. When you leave that place, depending on time of day, you wind up in another version of it. This'uns the night version, but there's a dusk and a dawn, and a high noon too. Dusk's the one we all saw at first, but dawn's got enough supplies that we can send a few people there and bring them back at the end of the day, keep ourselves from starving. Gotta leave dawn for more supplies to show up though, or else we'd just stay there. Other than that, we're just passing time, trying ta think up ways to leave."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    ((As a rule, I tend only to use Google to translate individual words, as it doesn't always take modern grammatical rules, common word usage, or colloquialisms into account when translating phrases. Just a suggestion.))

Leo gains a bit of confidence at the success of his attack, preparing another strike. As the Wolf is destroyed, however, a rush of spiritual energy fills him from the liberation of those trapped within it, and it empowers him to perform his exorcist rite. A sphere of pressure appears around the spiritualist as the equivalent of his Reiatsu surges, protecting him from flank attacks while he recites a few short incantations in his native language, his voice eerily somber and menacing...

Spoiler: Command of Tranquility
    Show
    "{Restless spirit, corrupted by the taste of undeserved power, I compel you to be still.}"

Spoiler: Command of Submission
    Show
    "{Tenacious spirit, tempted by the promises of life and power, I compel you to cease your struggle.}"

Spoiler: Command of Passing
    Show
    "{Sorrowful spirit, terrified by the prospect of final rest, I compel you to return to All Creation.}"

With every word, the Lion should grow weak and still, almost as if falling into a deep hypnotic sleep. Should everything go according to plan, his energy will envelop the Hollow, and once he completes the final incantation, it will collapse and swallow the fallen creature, destroying its body and releasing the souls consumed by it...

((This is not to say, however, that one of the other enemies could break his concentration midway through and stop the process. It'd take some effort, but it's certainly not impossible, especially considering that Leo still doesn't have most of his power in the Nexus.))

The Lion, as stated earlier, is defenseless and now...dead. Unfortunately, the Ape is right on his tail, beating down on his defensive walls. The exorcist could be in trouble, should his defenses fall.
    The Horse is also vanquished, and Yűki-aru rushes over to help, letting an arc of Reiatsu-infused shadow slam into the Ape
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

"So someone could get back to the dusk town... maybe waiting there until dawn would work." She shakes her head again. "But I can't be the only one to think of that. What's the issue?"

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Luna Lake]

"Sure, I can do that. So how exactly does this thing go on..?" With some instruction, Kitty will set about wrapping Obriane's chest. "Why do you wear this thing anyway? It looks like it's crushing you." Kitty doesn't think she herself would be the least bit with it on, and Obriane has a lot more to crush.
    [Luna Lake]

Operation change subject has failed!

"To be able to wear my breastplate comfortably actually." She gestures at as she shifts uncomfortably when Kitty helps her along. "It's not that uncomfortably honestly but sometimes you just want it off." Anyway! Obriane looks downwards, she needed a new subject and quickly. The she spots Kitty's feet. "So uh, maybe you need some new shoes while we're there?" ...that was the best new subject you could come up with Obriane?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Krayger takes the drink and gulps some down.
    "Well, if you are still charging for drinks then I suppose you pay the folks who do the lifting, else they'd have empty pockets after a few days. What's the noon version like? The dusk was bad enough to make me think that it might be closer to the heart of it than here at least. If they go in order though I suppose we'd have time to give them all a look-through. Couldn't hurt. After all, kill too much time and eventually the place will fill up, and that won't be good. And I couldn't call myself a Minotaur if I gave up on a puzzle that fast."
    This is a matter of pride as well as freedom! And having an entire town in your debt doesn't hurt, assuming everyone there actually is another lost soul. Especially when at least one of them happens to be a busty member of his own species. 'Course, even if he didn't think that way he'd still expect to find out she's married aaaany second now. Krayger has poor luck when he gets his hopes up.

23. - Top - End - #143

Spoiler
    Show
    Western Ghost Town

"So someone could get back to the dusk town... maybe waiting there until dawn would work." She shakes her head again. "But I can't be the only one to think of that. What's the issue?"
    Western Ghost Town

Krayger takes the drink and gulps some down.
    "Well, if you are still charging for drinks then I suppose you pay the folks who do the lifting, else they'd have empty pockets after a few days. What's the noon version like? The dusk was bad enough to make me think that it might be closer to the heart of it than here at least. If they go in order though I suppose we'd have time to give them all a look-through. Couldn't hurt. After all, kill too much time and eventually the place will fill up, and that won't be good. And I couldn't call myself a Minotaur if I gave up on a puzzle that fast."
    This is a matter of pride as well as freedom! And having an entire town in your debt doesn't hurt, assuming everyone there actually is another lost soul. Especially when at least one of them happens to be a busty member of his own species. 'Course, even if he didn't think that way he'd still expect to find out she's married aaaany second now. Krayger has poor luck when he gets his hopes up.

Western Ghost Town

A shudder of revulsion ripples across her skin as Krayger asks about high noon, "Noon's full of dead people, or soon to be dead. You get there fast enough and you'll hear gunfire as you walk into town, but no matter what, by the time you get there no one's left alive. Can never find out who or what killed em, but there's nothing left but streets and buildings full of corpses every time you go." She looks at the other untouched shot of whiskey, then at Denise, and then downs that one herself. It's clear she's been there before, possibly more than once.

"It's easy enough to get to Dusk. You walk to Dawn from here, then wait until dusk and walk to Dusk from there. But there's nothing there 'cept looted buildings and spooks, and you can only get to the other places from there, can't get back to the Nexus."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

"Huh... maybe Noon is the way out, then. On the other hand, maybe the 'escapee' went to noon and got shot. But a choice between maybe getting shot and maybe escaping..." She sighs and takes off her helmet. "Can I have something nonalcoholic? I am a bit thirsty."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Krayger shakes his head.
    "Sounds bad, although a bunch of fellows dying sounds like a classic setup for a spook-town. I suppose if we want to ever figure it out we'll need to try once.
    Although, I made a phone call during our first go in Dusk. Do communications still work here? I could always try asking my boss. Hopefully the one who isn't the robot, although even that one would likely do something if I told him the people here would pay to get them out.
    And I'm sorry, Miss, but I never caught your name."

26. - Top - End - #146

Western Ghost Town

"Risa Dellhorn. I couldn't tell you if phones and such still work here. Mine ran out of batteries on the way into town, and I couldn't make any calls. One of the others might know, if they've tried it." Risa looks for something under the bar, and finds a bottle of apple cider, "Don't think this has any booze in it, or if it does it's not much. Here you go hun." She puts it down in front of Denise with a shrug, ""I've gotta serve whatever the scroungers bring back, and most of them want to drink their sorrows away."

27. - Top - End - #147

Wintry Palace:

"You seem to really like finishing blows," Romeo comments. "Hey! Call out so we can find you," he says out loud to the hunter. "Tep, put one of those lights on him when he calls and keep the other on us." Romeo kneels down and takes out his knife to look over that key hand. If he cant just take it, he'll see if he can't pry them loose.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Denise sighs and goes about pouring some for herself before sitting down and sipping it. "I wanted to see what this Nexus thing was about. Just a quick visit, you know? And now..." She sips again. "I hope Dawn has fuel, because if not my bike has a limited lifespan."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Walking to Inside]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "Mm... I see." Yuki looks a bit concerned. "And... it was this creature that did that to you...?"
    Amelia nods biting her lip. "Yeah it was. It was... Ripping the magic out of me, it was very physical. It ripped through our spells like they were nothing. I couldn't begin to tell you what it did to me, technically speaking." Recalling the actual event is easy enough. Far too easy for Amelia's liking.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods. "Krayger, and it's a pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances.
    Cheer up lass, I'll get us all to Inside before our hair goes gray. My phone is clockwork, so if at least only Dusk has the same reception I can keep calling. Worse comes to worst we just describe the place until someone who actually knows stuff thinks of something. And this time I can ask for it, since I have a town's worth of coin lying around here. And my own pockets, if that's what it takes.
    But for now, I doubt that's going anywhere in under a day. Have room for us to sleep anywhere, Risa, or do I need to get my tent?"

Wintry Palace

Now that they're out of combat Tep simply tosses a few flames to light the torches that have been left in their sconces. Because everyone knows torches left in their sconces for years will still burn when adventurers need them to. "Hrm? I've only done it to one fellow, why'd you say that?"
    The key hand can be chopped off with a few hacks from Romeo's hunting knife, as it's just dry bone. For the record, if he looks the boy's bow is on a rack behind the Jailer's desk, although other than an open book and a pen there isn't much else even remotely interesting on that side of the room.
    "Last one on the left, door side." comes the response. "Geez, sounds like you really nailed 'im. I really should've just waited, shouldn't I?"
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-02-05 at 11:55 PM.