New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Quote-based worldbuilding. Original? Perhaps!

"To Rule requires but one thing; The willingness to do what must be done."
    - Lord Marcus Saelthen XII, Emperor of Northmoor

"Hellfire and damnation! Those accursed Aldanian dogs are barking at our doors! How dare they attempt to impose their 'order' and 'light' upon others, and then call any who resist shadow-worshipers? I'll pay each man one silver piece for each Aldanian ear you bring me, so long as we can turn away these invaders! They may bear arms and magic greater than ours, but no force in the world can break our peoples' spirit! With me, wolves! We'll beat them back, yet!"
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ninja'd: and some other letters.
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2014-02-10 at 09:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hellfire and damnation! Those accursed Aldanian dogs are barking at our doors! How dare they attempt to impose their 'order' and 'light' upon others, and then call any who resist shadow-worshipers? I'll pay each man one silver piece for each Aldanian ear you bring me, so long as we can turn away these invaders! They may bear arms and magic greater than ours, but no force in the world can break our peoples' spirit! With me, wolves! We'll beat them back, yet!"

-Patrician* Aurio Claveli, head of the wealthy and powerful Claveli family, upon the sudden "Holy War" by the Kingdom of Aldanas into Arthean lands.

*Patrician is a title, commonly referring to the head of a Great Family in the Republic

"I don't know what to make of them. One day these knights and soldiers all in black rolled into town, almost as if they're here for a reason. I've heard reports of them wielding magic some might consider blasphemous. But, what are they here for?

No, I don't know what to make of them. But for some strange reason, this small garrison makes me feel... safe. Safer than any soldiers of the light..."

EDIT: QED: Next time you update the list, you might want to put "The Great Beast Asteroth" in as well, probably under "Monsters" or something.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2014-02-10 at 10:27 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I don't know what to make of them. One day these knights and soldiers all in black rolled into town, almost as if they're here for a reason. I've heard reports of them wielding magicsomemightconsiderblasphemous. But,what are they here for?

No, I don't know what to make of them. But for some strange reason, this small garrison makes me feel...safe. Safer than any soldiers of the light..."
    Hidrek Cornelous, night watchmen of Brasshaven, to his brother

"The void has come, fear its strength, fear its glory. In the end neither Light or Darkness can protect you, accept the end"
    A vampire on a unicycle juggling kobolds... That is all

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"The void has come, fear its strength, fear its glory. In the end neither Light or Darkness can protect you, accept the end"
    - The Voidcrawler, after the cultists of Baranur Port summoned it from its home in the Edge.

In case it wasn't obvious, I was meaning for 'The Edge' to be this setting's analogue to the Far Realms.

"The man known as Aurio Claveli is hereby sentenced to death for the affronts of shadow worship and opposition to the Grand Inquisition. Any inside these town walls who refuses to aid the Inquisitors and their men in retrieving the cultist and all of his supporters will be treated as an enemy of the Light. Any who claim that our cause is unjust shall be sentenced to Inquiry for the affront of shadow worship. This is your final warning to open these gates and allow us to find our quarry before we burn down this city and every man, woman, and child within. You have one hour."
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground

"The man known as Aurio Claveli is hereby sentenced to death for the affronts of shadow worship and opposition to the Grand Inquisition. Any inside these town walls who refuses to aid the Inquisitors and their men in retrieving the cultist and all of his supporters will be treated as an enemy of the Light. Any who claim that our cause is unjust shall be sentenced to Inquiry for the affront of shadow worship. This is your final warning to open these gates and allow us to find our quarry before we burn down this city and every man, woman, and child within. You have one hour."
    -High Inquisitor Aunduro Claveli, brother of Aurio, to the city of Tretkloth, one hour before laying siege to the city and beginning the Second Shadow Crusade, which continues on to this day.

"Can you hear it? The Whispers Unending? They are so lovely, so wonderfull, I couldn't bear to be without them now. Before I was all alone, now I am part of something bigger. Come then, heathen, and face me. Feel the loving embrace of the Void. Accept your doom."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"Can you hear it? The Whispers Unending? They are so lovely, so wonderful, I couldn't bear to be without them now. Before I was all alone, now I am part of something bigger. Come then, heathen, and face me. Feel the loving embrace of the Void. Accept your doom."
    - Valcariosu Fallund, Dark Hero of the Vilend Empire, and Priest of Oth.

"A god? A..god. You would insult me by calling me a god? Servants, burn him, tear him limb from limb, incinerate him, make him feel my Wrath."
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2014-02-11 at 01:09 AM.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"A god? A..god. You would insult me by calling me a god? Servants, burn him, tear him limb from limb, incinerate him, make him feel my Wrath."
    -Sazazind, Shadow Prince of the fifth rank, ordering the death of the hero Mordruil after the later attempted to open a parley, thus beginning the Third Battle of the Seige of Kharabinth.

"A great ship bears our people from their home across the sea. You may, indeed, kill me and my companions here. But you cannot kill all of them. You would do well to heed our words."
    Last edited by unbeliever536; 2014-02-11 at 02:43 AM.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

9. - Top - End - #99

I'm going to do something a little odd; I have a request for something to appear in the quotes; we have dwarves, I'm pretty sure we have a dwarven kingdom/city state of some sort. But it has no name, when an appropriate quote comes around could we get it please? I don't want to leave (unnamed dwarven nation) in the list as a section for long.

"A great ship bears our people from their home across the sea. You may, indeed, kill me and my companions here. But you cannot kill all of them. You would do well to heed our words." Jenhook Fillarvi, Arthean expedition leader to the unexplored lands of Jehlorn speaking to to the Wyld Keepers.

“Life is for living; why fear something you cannot know to be true? Why fear the legends, there are far more fearsome things than we."

Also, I just finished updating the list and make a post which requires me to update the list.

I feel silly.
    Is lurking less. This is a good thing.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

“Life is for living; why fear something you cannot know to be true? Why fear the legends, there are far more fearsome things than we."
    -Jehsso Longtree, Argonite follower, to the hero Trakhud during his journeys

"Oh, these here leeks is me livelihood! I remember way back when me grandfa finds the leeks growin' on th' hill and we settle down and start cult'vat'n 'em. We used'a sell ta the Artheans, but th' whole Crusade nonsense cut 'em off so I started sellin' ta the Shadow people up in Kite's Reach. Sure it's no honest work, but a poor old leek farmer like meself has ta make a livin'! Who knows what they even use em' for? I hear they give up on corporeality and all that, so I sure don't.

So d'ya actually want any leeks? 'Cause I got more leeks than I know what'ta do with."
    Last edited by Peffern; 2014-02-11 at 06:55 AM.
    Hi, I'm a Peffern!

Yes, yes you are.

11. - Top - End - #101

"Oh, these here leeks is me livelihood! I remember way back when me grandfa finds the leeks growin' on th' hill and we settle down and start cult'vat'n 'em. We used'a sell ta the Artheans, but th' whole Crusade nonsense cut 'em off so I started sellin' ta the Shadow people up in Kite's Reach. Sure it's no honest work, but a poor old leek farmer like meself has ta make a livin'! Who knows what they even use em' for? I hear they give up on corporeality and all that, so I sure don't.

So d'ya actually want any leeks? 'Cause I got more leeks than I know what'ta do with."

-A dwarf leek merchant giving a reason to his Light-praising captors for selling to the Shadow People.

"Shadow falls upon the Homestead,
    As the horn of war doth sound.
    Future seen and yet left unread
    As the enemy comes 'round.
    Muster soldier,
    Muster farmer,
    Muster all that can be found.

"Hordes and armies flank around us,
    Now the morning red draws nigh.
    Our own valiant dying 'round us
    With their dying breath they cry:
    'For thy glory,
    For thy honor,
    For thy vict'ry, King, we die!'"
    May the gods watch over your battles, friend.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Muster soldier,
    Muster farmer,

'For thy glory,
    For thy honor,

- Nightguardsman Doormatic, Waking the people, warning of a imminent attack, ultimately this warning was too late and the town was crushed, and few escaped.

"Tell... Tell Tiger 5 we won't make it... tell the captain the damage sustained... tell him our engines are crippled... Our gun decks aflame... tell them we won't make it, bid them good luck... tell them not to look for survivors... I don't think we'll be so lucky."
    I like Dwarfs and am Currently looking for out of context quotes about myself.

Escaped Die of the D20

and before anyone asks, I am a sociopath.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Muster soldier,
    Muster farmer,

'For thy glory,
    For thy honor,

- Prince Edros of Stormhelm, last recorded words.

Basically, I'm trying to help set up the dwarven kingdom as a legitimate part of the world we're setting up. Stormhelm would be a minor dwarven holding, that trades regularly with Northmoor.

Also, QED: Oberon is the name of an ancient fey magister from a past age. I did very much mean 'Planes' rather than plains. Their legacy would be one largely forgotten, as their multiplanar holdings fell thousands of years before the mortal kingdoms sprang up.

"There can be no pacts between a hunter and his prey."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2014-02-11 at 01:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

14. - Top - End - #104

WolfInSheepsClothing

"There can be no pacts between a hunter and his prey."
    -Liriak of Josen to Xersus, a Shadebearer

"Into this blade I have forged the slow-burning anger that was kindled on that day you dared to forget. My armor is made of the tears shed by my countrymen when you passed their way. My shield is built from the bones of the mountains you shattered because you did not own them. You will not leave this place."
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Brew:

15. - Top - End - #105

"Into this blade I have forged the slow-burning anger that was kindled on that day you dared to forget. My armor is made of the tears shed by my countrymen when you passed their way. My shield is built from the bones of the mountains you shattered because you did not own them. You will not leave this place."

-Taken from the play The Fall of Dalmien Hall. This is the defiant war cry of the Underking Dalmei Nolgasmir to the conquerers who come to take his homeland from him. He is victorious in his stand, even though it is his final stand. This play was based on true history, though the real names of the king and his stead are unrecorded.

"When Light shines, it permits Shadow. When Shadow comes, it devours Light. The followers of "Light" decimate us with war, smothering their hated "Shadow People". Are the followers of "Light" Shadows, then, and the followers of "Shadow" Lights? Abandon your views of Light and Shadow - see instead that this "divine" war is folly. I implore you, Lord of the Blades and King of the Shields, spare the blood of our people, for the time will come when it will be your only shield against the tides of war and conquest..."
    May the gods watch over your battles, friend.

16. - Top - End - #106

SolithKnightGuy

"When Light shines, it permits Shadow. When Shadow comes, it devours Light. The followers of "Light" decimate us with war, smothering their hated "Shadow People". Are the followers of "Light" Shadows, then, and the followers of "Shadow" Lights? Abandon your views of Light and Shadow - see instead that this "divine" war is folly. I implore you, Lord of the Blades and King of the Shields, spare the blood of our people, for the time will come when it will be your only shield against the tides of war and conquest..."
    - Galkin One-Fist begging Typhus Aurelius not to raze Brasshaven when the Mayor was revealed to be a Shadow Cult Leader.

Edit:getting the missed one.

"Tell... Tell Tiger 5 we won't make it... tell the captain the damage sustained... tell him our engines are crippled... Our gun decks aflame... tell them we won't make it, bid them good luck... tell them not to look for survivors... I don't think we'll be so lucky."
    - the last transmission from the Tiger 4, shortly after the Battle of Josen

"Stand firm. They will throw their magiks at you. They will come like a howling tide of death. You will want to run, to hide, to cower, but you must not! For this day someone will be broken. It must not be us. It shall be them!"
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2014-02-11 at 07:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
    [I]
    "Stand firm. They will throw their magiks at you. They will come like a howling tide of death. You will want to run, to hide, to cower, but you must not! For this day someone will be broken. It must not be us. It shall be them!"
    Tyrius Brisbeern a follower of the Dark shortly before the inquisition burned his town
    "At first I thought it was a mountain... till it woke up; then it flew. It had to be some beast of darkness because by the light nothing so big should fly. Nor should it raze towns to the ground through breath alone."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

"At first I thought it was a mountain... till it woke up; then it flew. It had to be some beast of darkness because by the light nothing so big should fly. Nor should it raze towns to the ground through breath alone."
    - Tenin Brianson, farmhand and sole survivor of the Awakening of Irithyblix

"Thunder, brimstone, burning ash.
    Mortal fear returns like a lash.

The Men shall watch, fear in their eyes,
    as Dragonfire ignites the skies."

19. - Top - End - #109

WolfInSheepsClothing

-Unknown Vilend scribe, on seeing a war-fortress of the Kharaksir Dwarves take off*

*Let's make Kharabinth a dwarven city in Kharaksir. Mordruil is a dwarf, but Kharabinth is pretty cosmopolitan.

e: capturing missed quote:
    "Thunder, brimstone, burning ash.
    Mortal fear returns like a lash.

The Men shall watch, fear in their eyes,
    as Dragonfire ignites the skies."

-Drahmus, a prophet of Mahanir, giving the prophecy of the Fall of Northmoor. Some scholars, though, suspect that the prophecy may not refer to this event at all, as nothing else Drahmus prophecied came to pass for more than two centuries after that event, at which point nearly a dozen of his prophecies were fulfilled.

"Listen, if I could leave this place behind I would, but these folks here, for better or worse? They're who I belong with. I'll be alright. You too. Now get on out of here."
    Last edited by unbeliever536; 2014-02-11 at 10:00 PM.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Brew:

20. - Top - End - #110

"Listen, if I could leave this place behind I would, but these folks here, for better or worse? They're who I belong with. I'll be alright. You too. Now get on out of here."
    -Retired knight Sir Alavor Tensino, to his son Alaven, urging him to flee before the undead hordes of the necromancer Klis'tho, who were set to overrun the town of Koritshire. Last recorded words.

"I've sailed these seas all my life, and I'm not about to give them up now. I don't care if these "sky ships" be the future or not, I'm not going to give up piloting the Sea's Grace anytime soon. Now leave before my boatswain throws you overboard."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LarwisTheElf View Post
    -Retired knight Sir Alavor Tensino, to his son Alaven, urging him to flee before the undead hordes of the necromancer Klis'tho, who were set to overrun the town of Koritshire. Last recorded words.

"I've sailed these seas all my life, and I'm not about to give them up now. I don't care if these "sky ships" be the future or not, I'm not going to give up piloting the Sea's Grace anytime soon. Now leave before my boatswain throws you overboard."
    -A quote from the famous sky ship captain, Scotty, who had his sea ship modified to fly after it was almost destroyed.

The light shines brightest in the darkness.
    Last edited by Jimlad; 2014-02-12 at 04:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post

The light shines brightest in the darkness.
    "The light shines brightest in the darkness." An edict of the book of shadow

"You wonder why I turned from the light? Well, I'll tell ya'! When I was rooting out 'heathens' I was bitten by a snake. No righteousness, no glory; just a snake when I was peeing! And when my 'comrades' found me on the ground writhing in pain, they left me! They just took me valuables, and walked off saying I was 'too far gone'. And you'd never guess who'd saved me; those very same 'heathens' I'd been trying to 'cleanse'. So begone before I plunge my 'unholy' blade in yer' chest!

23. - Top - End - #113

SolithKnightGuy

"You wonder why I turned from the light? Well, I'll tell ya'! When I was rooting out 'heathens' I was bitten by a snake. No righteousness, no glory; just a snake when I was peeing! And when my 'comrades' found me on the ground writhing in pain, they left me! They just took me valuables, and walked off saying I was 'too far gone'. And you'd never guess who'd saved me; those very same 'heathens' I'd been trying to 'cleanse'. So begone before I plunge my 'unholy' blade in yer' chest!"
    - Kamdon Longaxe, first dwarven "Shadow Knight," before a duel with an unnamed inquisitor.

"Oh, sure, I fought the Edge-blighted creature. Darn near took off my arm too! So, no, I will not go with you on your 'quest.' I'm staying right here with my crossbow and my stone wall. Thank you very much."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, sure, I fought the Edge-blighted creature. Darn near took off my arm too! So, no, I will not go with you on your 'quest.' I'm staying right here with my crossbow and my stone wall. Thank you very much."[/QUOTE]

- Forneus Silverbriar, retired knight and captain of the Knellville guard, on his encounter with the Wyrmblood Highbreed.

"Hard to starboard, boys! I want a forty-five degree tilt on this Light-damned thing. Hold fast and ready the cannons! We're giving these Artheans another round!"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hard to starboard, boys! I want a forty-five degree tilt on this Light-damned thing. Hold fast and ready the cannons! We're giving these Artheans another round!"

-The Aldanian Skypirate Gandlow, captain of the Wyrm Blessed, in a fight with the Arthean Skypirate Febrazio Visconti, captain of the Valorous.

"They're creatures of the Void, not the Dark, hell, creatures of the Edge have enough sense to run. The Light alone can't protect you, child. Only me and my companions can."

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post

-The Aldanian Skypirate Gandlow, captain of the Wyrm Blessed, in a fight with the Arthean Skypirate Febrazio Visconti, captain of the Valorous.

"They're creatures of the Void, not the Dark, hell, creatures of the Edge have enough sense to run. The Light alone can't protect you, child. Only me and my companions can."
    Anonymous Captain, to a young girl before the Siege of 12 Knights.

Alas, my children. Weep for the ruin of man, for in their mad rush for civilization, they bring about the doom of their homelands.
    Weep, then make ready. For this will not end till every blade of grass runs red with their blood, or the ground is strewn with the ashes of the GreatWood.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2014-02-13 at 07:22 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

27. - Top - End - #117

Alas, my children. Weep for the ruin of man, for in their mad rush for civilization, they bring about the doom of their homelands.
    Weep, then make ready. For this will not end till every blade of grass runs red with their blood, or the ground is strewn with the ashes of the GreatWood.
    -Voidbringer Mef, formerly known as Inquisitor Hendris Polo, to the Soldiers of the Void, before the Massacre at GreatWood.

To live is mortal. To dream is divine.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

"To live is mortal. To dream is divine."
    - Luthar Tyrol, High Prelate of Numenark.

Basically, I am trying to help establish the as of yet unknown dwarven nation. I have outlined my pitch in spoilers below.

Spoiler: Entry 1 - The Dain Plateau
    Show
    Dain Plateau: Rocky bluffs, dizzying canyons, and expansive valleys characterize the Dain Plateau. Because of its high altitude, it is dryer than nearly everywhere else on the continent. In terms of freshwater access, the region contains only the surface headwaters of the Iranth and Eramis rivers, but a number of underground lakes also help to quench the thirst of its local population. Historically, the Dain Plateau has served as the homeland of the Fourteen Clans (the great dynasties that emerged from the Great Below nearly a thousand years ago), but since the end of the Foundation War, it has seen its fair share of human influx. The traditionally dwarven cities are now flush with human and even elven neighborhoods. This is largely because the highway road system has expanded into the province, linking the three major dwarven cities of Duskwatch, Luminar, and Stormhelm to the human settlements of the lowlands. Other mortal races followed quickly. Nevertheless, the plateau remains firmly established as the heartland of dwarven dominion.

Spoiler: Entry 2 - The Triad of Myth
    Show
    The Triad of Myth: Since the end of the Foundation War, worship of this dwarven pantheon has spread like a flame. As the name suggests, three primary gods of nature take up the central positions. Of note is that these entries are written with male gendered pronouns, even though by their very nature gods can easily surpass such artificial boundaries.

Cerunn, the Horned King (Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Plant, Water). Also known as the Master of the Hunt, Cerunn is the archetypical ruler of the natural world. His is the calm and the fury of earth, water, sky, and flame alike. Of the three members of the pantheon, he is by far the most reclusive, preferring to make his presence known through indirect means as opposed to shows of force. As a result, he has fewer followers than either of the other deities, the majority of whom are rangers and druids on the edges of society. His avatar is a giant horned elflike creature braced in silver, followed by a company of baying wolves. His favored weapon is the longbow.

Janos of the Broken Circle (Chaos, Luck, Magic, Trickery). Janos is an interesting deity, in that he represents the chance and deceit of the mortal world. He lives for mischief and chaos, thriving on all forms of disorder and treachery. However, he is also the principal god of magic, making him the prime deity for spellcasters from all walks of life. Janos has a reputation for taking a more active interest in mortal affairs and as such is usually the most likely to tamper in them whenever possible. He is usually depicted as a masked thief of a neutral gender, and his favored weapon is the dagger.

Lightbringer Numenark (Law, Sun, War, Death). Numenark is often portrayed as the chief deity of the Triad. At the very least, in most representations he is displayed as the most powerful of the three. The wielder of terrible solar energies and the harbinger of death, his march spells doom for all in his path. He has a very strong military following among dwarves and humans alike, and cults dedicated to him are not uncommon. Of the three, Numenark is often known as the most just and principled. But he is not bound by mortal ethics: he is the warrior, defending the dwarves against all threats from without and within. His avatar is that of a great golden man clothed in white, enveloped in wings of pure light. His favored weapon is the longsword.

Spoiler: Entry 3 - The Dwarven Calendar
    Show
    Dwarven Calendar: The dwarven calendar is inextricably linked to these three gods, and employs a base 3 measure for recording time – every aspect of the year can be divided or multiplied into another, and not a single second is unaccounted for. After all, the dwarves are notoriously precise when it comes to such measurements. Their city-stronghold of Duskwatch boasts the most comprehensive astronomical facility ever built, and their lunar sages are among the most learned. The calendar is used throughout the Protectorate and beyond, and all dates are recorded in ‘TR’ (Triad Reckoning). The year 0 TR represents their emergence from the Great Below.

Tor’gath (Soul of the Thief)
    - Low Tide: January
    - Roil: February
    - Cresting Wave: March
    - High Tide: April

Tor’ar (Soul of the Guardian)
    - Valley: May
    - Incline – June
    - Summit – July
    - Shattering – August

Tor’el (Soul of the Warrior)
    - Mistborne – September
    - Rainfall – October
    - Zephyr – November
    - Tempest – December

In total, a complete year is made up 288 days, which are divided up into 3 equivalent seasons of 96 days as seen above. Furthermore, in any given year, each of the 12 months must be comprised of 24 days, each with 4 cycles of 6-day weeks.
    - Landin
    - Mordin
    - Mercadin
    - Jaerdin
    - Vendin
    - Seydin

"Son, the Demon is durable. Do not underestimate it in your hour of triumph, lest it consume you in your victory. Strike true, and remember your vows."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2014-02-14 at 09:15 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

"Son, the Demon is durable. Do not underestimate it in your hour of triumph, lest it consume you in your victory. Strike true, and remember your vows."

-Lieutenant Margus Altimor of the Hunters, to a new recruit about the denizens of The Void

"I don't care how many men it takes, I will personally lead them if need be, but we are taking that point and holding it!"
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2014-02-14 at 01:28 PM.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I don't care how many men it takes, I will personally lead them if need be, but we are taking that point and holding it!"
    Captain Jionus Thuspar, to his superior shortly before the Battle of Greenmist during the Foundation Wars

"I apologize brethren, but the light you serve is not as good as you think. Just as sunlight concentrated in a magnifying lens will kill an ant, your light will kill the world. You are good men at heart, and this pains me so, but you have unwittingly assisted the Void."
    A vampire on a unicycle juggling kobolds... That is all