New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World III

Katsuo just tries not to seem confused with all of this quincy and shinigami terminology flying around. He partially succeeds!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

[The morning after the events that led to Naito turning into an evil girl]

A bright day, nothing particularly awful happened since the last line of awful events. Humans are waking up, having breakfast, going about their daily lives.

And that really doesn't matter for us.

High above Ikari, a Senkaimon open, and out of it crosses a single shinigami wearing an unusual armor with a singular helmet, and a badge of high office on his arm. Kotetsu Hideki, Liutenant of the Engineering Division.

The sliding wooden door, highly conspicuous if it were not invisible to all but a chosen few, closes and vanishes behind Hideki, and only then does he look down and starts scanning Ikari for traces of reiatsu.

... High Palace Over the Heavens, this place is a mess. Trails everywhere, most faint, at least one highly obvious as an outrageously superlative display of quincy energy in the distance. What in the hells is going on in this town. All but the Hells themselves, it seems, since Hideki can't detect traces of kushanăda.

He can easily find traces of Akiyama Hoshi's spiritual pressure permeating a large house in the distance. That should be her home, nothing big there. Traces of Tsubame's spiritual energy can also be found there, as well as those of another shinigami, presumably the substitute girl.

Following the substitute's trail, Hideki focuses his glare on a school.

Quincy. Quincy. Quincy and shinigami. Medium. Medium. Arrancar? Arrancar. Medium. Medium. Quincy and Hollow? Medium. Medium. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Hollow. Shinigami. Artificial Soul.

All weak and vestigial. The students are still streaming in, after all.

Irrelevant, he found what he wants. An unmixed shinigami signature other than Tsubame's.

Everything else is sent to the backline of his scanner, the peerlessly advanced systems focus on that one signature. This shinigami has spent a lot of time around this school. Hideki's theory may be correct on why Sawada sent Ruggles down here. This is a hotspot if there ever was one.

Hideki walks over the air towards Ikari High's airspace. Better wait for Alice there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World III

[Day after Alpha-1's activation]

Hideki's arrival would go mostly unnoticed by the general public of Ikari, but it is noted by at least one observer. One of the several surveillance drones belonging to Alice Ruggles spots the unusual activity high in the sky. Silently, the drone keeps its place hidden from casual glances and observes, alerting watching eyes to the presence of a new Shinigami in Ikari.

At the school, activity seems to be low from Alice. Another drone is presently disguised as part of a trash can near it, but neither Alice nor Hearts appear to be nearby in the early morning.

After about an hour of waiting, Alice's signature suddenly becomes apparent. Not at the school, but further away, moving for a bit before stopping at a park in the city. If scanned, it would reveal old traces of Hollows in the area as well as somewhat frequent traces of Alice herself.

((Technically, Alice has not actually been much around the school. Hearts has, but Alice mostly interacted when something was up away from the school or a Hollow appeared, but it's a minor detail. ^_^'))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

(Eh, her few visits would suffice, anything else could be chalked up to traces on her drones)

01/01/00 A.A-1.

Hideki doesn't take long to notice the reishi drone, and that elicits a sigh from him.

Until his visor catches the source signature, that is.

In a flash, Hideki is gone from the school's airspace and at the park. He is still blacking out signatures other than Alice's and her mod soul's, so the various past hollow events do not show in his scan, similarly the recent traces overwrite the older ones, specially given her presence.

Arms crossed behind his back, Hideki observes what Alice is doing, while dialing back to Soul Society.

"Commander Li, I have located Ruggles, I will keep you updated on our position from now on."
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-02-26 at 11:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

"Roger. Press on, Koutetsu-san", a reply rattles through the comm-line.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[01/01/00 A.A-1]

((Mod Soul in disguise? Hearts is not present, just a surveillance drone monitoring the school.))

Alice seems to have just stopped in the park, staring casually in the direction of the school, quite expectantly awaiting Hideki's arrival. There is no evident activity suggesting that the SSI researcher had any other reason to be present.

"Hullo! I presume this confirms that you seek a particular Shinigami?"

Alice shouts, waving at Hideki upon spotting the fellow Shinigami. Nothing appears to be amiss apart from a somewhat exhausted look on the older scientist's face.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

(Blah. Edited.)

[01/01/00 A.A-1]

Hideki looks down and then calmly airwalks down towards Alice.

"Yes, officer Ruggles. You, to be precise. A Hell Butterfly from you arrived recently in Soul Society and elicited attention to the fact that you have been out of contact for some time."

"For that matter. Kotetsu Hideki, Liutenant of the recently established Engineering Division."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[01/01/00 A.A-1]

Alice nods, Hideki clearly affirming some suspicion. Absently, Alice begins speaking.

"I did suspect my prior messages had not been received, the delay wa-Oh, weren't you at the SSI some years back? I recognise the name... primarily focused on explosives or artillery, correct? An Engineering Division would approximately be an excellent place for that, as well as several others in the SSI. The SSI still exists, I presume? Though, it would be a likely explanation for the anomaly with the Hell Butterflies..."

Gradually, the SSI researcher drifts from affirming the Hell Butterfly's message to rapid questions, curiosity at the news overruling explanations of absence. Hideki might find it a bit difficult to follow a few of the tangents, but Alice's demeanour seems to indicate little but pleasantry and absent-minded curiosity befitting a senior member of the SSI.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Kuzunoha Safehouse - day of the Quincy conference

As Tsubame finishes her explanation and Katsu struggles to understand it, there's a knock on the safehouse door (and maybe a ring on the doorbell, if there's one). Whether it's audible all the way to the conference room is uncertain, but nevertheless, there's a 30-something woman standing outside, dressed in a grey suit and holding a cellphone in her left hand. The paleness of her face and the dark under her eyes suggests she's either ill, or wearing a tasteless amount of make-up.

---

[Ikari]
    Akiyama Household - day of the Quincy conference

Furious, Akiyama Hoshi concentrates and starts looking for leftover Reiraku, for anything at all that would tell who the attacker was. She won't rest untill she has some idea of who did this to her relatives. Someone will pay.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Said 30-something woman would be asked for her name, and guided inside by one of the servants of house Kuzunoha if deemed appropriate (and by deemed appropriate, this means Shiki would be notified of her arrival).
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently, the woman's name is Ota Yui, and she's asking whether the Andersons have informed the other parties present that they've apparently murdered Akiyama family matriarch?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

[01/01/00 A.A-1]

Hideki is good at multitasking.

"That is correct. I was the senior researcher in charge of most of the SSI's weapon programs, about five years ago. Not that they amounted to much thanks to the peace of the time. Well, things change."

"And yes, the SSI still exists, although it has lost about half of its members due to the creation of Engineering and a separate division. I must also inform you that Yasunobu Sawada, who gave your current assignment, is a traitor whose orders are being rescinded. He is also dead."

"So before I share more, I must ask what your mission here on Earth was."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Apparently, the woman's name is Ota Yui, and she's asking whether the Andersons have informed the other parties present that they've apparently murdered Akiyama family matriarch?
    "Excuse me for a moment, ladies and gentlemen. Please, go on."

Shinji instructs the attendant to direct Yui to a nearby room...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui gives Shinji a dubious look as they arrive in the room. "Whatever happened to you?", she asks, then sighs. "Nevermind. I gathered from my friend that there's a rather important meeting going over here. I trust you've noticed a distinct lack of any Akiyamas here? That's because their matriarch got murdered this morning. They suspect... wait, what was the name? Someone called 'Charles Anderson'. I'm pretty sure they're not going to want a single person leaving this building untill he's found."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-02-26 at 06:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Kuzonoha House]
    Summit Meeting
    (OOC: I think you're in a different room, Frozen, and Shinji's making sure Yui doesn't disrupt the talks yet. I would STRONGLY appreciate this not being interrupted yet. Thank you.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tsubame, as Anthony speaks, jots down a couple of notes a notepad, her hand moving with impressive speed. Once he finishes, she consults what she has written before answering.

"In order..."

She begins counting off on her hand.

"The Seichten Streik should physically transform. For example, this basic design might transform into a more ornate version of itself, or alter into the shape of a...coptic cross, or pentagram. Essentially, any form you might have seen a Quincy Cross in previously, this will change to reflect."

"On the matter of a backup...while such an action would be impossible with a Zanpakuto, there are a number of untested differences between that and a Seele Stechen. I hypothesize that the possibility exists, but may well cause additional mental or physical fatigue. I can endorse trying it, but I would recommend serious caution; any negative side effects should be treated seriously and result in a discontinuation of the attempt."

"I cannot say exactly the effect this will have on your Inner World, but the primary function of an Asauchi is to provide the Shinigami with a direct link to and housing for their powers. It is not that the Seele Stechen will alter your mind. It would more accurate to state that it will ease the gap that exists between your mind and the sentient will of your power."

"I would absolutely expect success rates to climb in time. As the creation techniques are refined and users become more adapted to their power, I would anticipate an eventual climb to 100% success rates, and perhaps even a lessening of trauma for the affected souls. After all, I am a Shinigami, and I was able to create these prototypes with merely a month of work. I can only imagine what the actual Quincy will be able to create with this foundation."

"I apologize for the miscommunication, but I actually meant the Seichten Streik itself requires an infusion of power; the material from which Asauchis are made is, in relative terms, mundane. As for assistance with these infusions, I cannot speak in either direction, but my colleague should be able to negotiate on that front."

"Finally, any technology that mimics Quincy powers should be able to be modified to match the changes brought about with a Seele Stechen. They may, however, require periodic or constant infusions of power from an appropriately empowered Quincy in order to do so. I'm afraid that my knowledge of Quincy Materiel is limited, for obvious reasons. Due to this, I cannot make an authoritative statement on the matter."
    Unaware of pending problems with other Clans, all of the Anderson Quincy present gave various positive reactions to Tsubame's answers. The one about backup weapons not being likely elicits a couple of frowns and a couple of shrugs, but nothing major. Everything else? Smiles, nods of the head, etc.

Anthony Anderson is smiling slightly as he responds.

"This is excellent information, Officer Tsubame. I believe that, with this in mind, we're ready to officially present the Unseelie Accords for signing. These Accords have been crafted in a manner that allows later additions or alterations, as well as additional Signatories. Our hope is that one day, all Quincy families will be on these Accords, as will Las Noches, Soul Society, the Kuzonoha Family, and any other families, clans, groups, companies, or nations that are relevant to our spheres of influence and work.

We'll leave room in the framework for fine-tuning of things like how we do joint patrols or whatnot; these documents focus on mutual recognition, non-aggression future trading, that sort of thing. Honestly, this group is composed of some of the most open-minded members of our Clan. These new conditions will take time for us to adjust to, but I feel confident that all of us involved will be the better for it. Ah, yes, thank you William."

One of the other members of the delegation had somehow had a high-quality printer in his briefcase, and had just finished printing off a copy of the Accords. It was on heavy, durable paper, with large, clearly legible letters. It had been printed in English, being as that was the native tongue of the Andersons and the closest thing to an international diplomatic and business language. The single copy was placed in the middle of the table.

"We would request that, for now, this singular copy be kept here, at the Kuzonoha Shrine. This is a place of peace, healing, and understanding; further, it is the closest thing to Accorded Neutral Territory we can declare at this time. Thus, the copy should be safest here once it has bee placed under wards. In time we'll try to make sure everyone has both paper and electronic copies, but it seems right to have us all sign the same document at this time.

With that in mind, I will begin, and would request that the honorable representative of Las Noches go next, followed by the honorable representative from Soul Society, and finally the duly appointed representative of the Kuzonoha family."

If that seemed agreeable, Anthony would use a very fancy pen one of the other aides produced for him to sign the document, before passing the pen and paper to Jehoel.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

"The Akiyamas were missed, yes. I'm Kuzunoha Shiki, by the way." Shiki sighs a bit before he considers Yui's newfound information. "I could use more details. Why do they suspect Charles of all people? He was one of the very first to arrive."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm not sure I got all the details right. But the killing shot was made by an Anderson firearm. They told me it was 'unmistakeable'. I think they found the gun too." Yui puts a finger on her lips and thinks. "And I think the shot was made from his apartment. This'd be easier if I could call one of them, but I feel they don't want to talk. Rather, I'd guess they'll surround the building and then ask questions at their leisure."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Shiki puts a hand to his chin and hmms. "The good news is that even should they want to attack Charles Anderson, they would be unable to.

...Even considering Quincy high-speed movement, the time it would take him to assassinate the Matriarch and make it in time for the meet doesn't provide a large enough window. There's no motive that I can think of, either, or any reason for him to leave his gun behind.

So he couldn't have done it. The evidence must have been planted to afford the real killer time to escape."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

"Does it matter if they can't shoot you if you're basically trapped here?" Yui lets out a nervous chuckle. "Which reminds me - could I slip through a backdoor here somewhere? Like, really quick? I'm practically an innocent bystander. I really don't want to get caught in this..."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Akiyama Household - day of the Quincy conference

Furious, Akiyama Hoshi concentrates and starts looking for leftover Reiraku, for anything at all that would tell who the attacker was. She won't rest untill she has some idea of who did this to her relatives. Someone will pay.
    Four dead. No issues there.

Two of them survived, as far as anyone knows, in the helicopter. Their reiraku threads lead away from the Akiyama manor, and with Hoshi in a vengeful mood, it is likely she is able to track the strands all the way to a clearing near the shore. Then down to the shore.

Then across the water. They likely took some manner of motor-boat from here, making the likelihood of them leaving Japan extremely low. They'd probably head to Tokyo, from where they could hide, or take a plane elsewhere.

--

Katsuo continues to be quiet at the proceedings. Now he's a bit unsure why he actually came? He understood that Jehoel had some manner of arrangement for him and his friends, but all this... is way above his head.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

"Does it matter if they can't shoot you if you're basically trapped here?" Yui lets out a nervous chuckle. "Which reminds me - could I slip through a backdoor here somewhere? Like, really quick? I'm practically an innocent bystander. I really don't want to get caught in this..."
    "Practically being the word of choice here. I still don't understand where you fit in all this.

Incidentally, you are actually incorrect in one thing. We are not trapped."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground

There is one person at the scene, however: Akiyama Hoshi. She just got back from the afterlife, and came to fetch her car. Said car is now in pieces, and her friend Ota Yui is busy explaining by phone to her that her sister's dead and her niece is critically injured. It might be Caeyrn Belenus has to get to the meeting without her...
    [Conference]
    Day of the Conference; arriving quite late

Caeyrn Belenus finally arrives at the meeting. He's so late, it's not even fashionable anymore. The blonde European is dressed up pretty nicely (in a suit and tie, even!), and waits at the definitely-guarded entrance to be allowed in.
    It seems he had some things to take care of, as well - though nothing quite severe as the misfortunes that befell the Akiyama family.
    (What held him up wasn't anything that couldn't be short-term fixed by just taking the phone's battery out: apparently, some others from the Belenus clan found out about his stroll through Soul Society.)

Actually, he doesn't know why he's here. Honestly, he feels a little contempt for these spirits here in the mortal world, but he knows it's best to, at least, tolerate them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #113

"Thank you."

Jehoel accepts the pen with a nod, gently putting it to the paper before carefully scribing out his name on the accords. Jehoel's handwriting is practically calligraphy, despite being written out in...Hebrew, of all languages. From a fold in his belt, he also retrieves a small stamp and ink pad, which he uses to leave the mark of a stylized sword on the page. Examining his work with a critical eye, he finally nods in satisfaction. He slides the document over to Setsurou.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Kuzunoha safehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Practically being the word of choice here. I still don't understand where you fit in all this.

Incidentally, you are actually incorrect in one thing. We are not trapped."
    "I'm really just a messenger here. I'm not even part of the family. I came on behalf of my friend Hoshi. She... wouldn't have been in the mood for intelligent conversation, with the clan matriarch having been her sister and all...

Yui sighs from relief at Shinji's assurances that they're not trapped, but then tenses again. "We're not? Okay, that's good. But that's really not something you want the Akiyamas to know. If they so much as think people can leave this place at will, things will go to merry hell. They won't just take your word about that man being not guilty. They'll want some sort of guarantee when they investigate this, and if the Andersons here won't serve as such... I bet they'll go to lenghts to acquire something else for that purpose." Yui glances towards the door from which Shinji came from.

"So... yeah. That's really all I have to say on that matter. Now, I'd rather just leave before this place gets surrounded by armed people running high on emotions. I have work to do tomorrow, and I don't think my boss will buy 'had her soul annihilated' as an excuse for not showing up..."

---

[Ikari]
    Near the shore

Standing at the pier, Hoshi clenches his hands into fists, then sighs and sits down, wrapping her arms around her knees.

Her sister's dead. Worse than dead. She'll never be reborn again, never achieve enlightment. The daughters of her niece could be just as bad, and she might never get to know.

She could go to other members of her family, but they probably already know all she's found out and more. More to the point, they probably don't want her there. They'd agreed to the meeting with the Andersons and the spirits, but they'd hardly been happy about Hoshi going to afterlife behind their backs, nevermind the Andersons' apparent and sudden alliance with that Arrancar called Jehoel. Thinking about it, that last part combined with assassination of Kaede will likely make them very doubtful regarding the rival clan's motives. It could be they'll bail out of the budding alliance all together!

Grief-stricken and pensive, Hoshi picks up a rock and throws it into the water. What should she do? Part of her wants to go after the assassins, but the more analytical side of her brain knows she's too old for this ****. What would it achieve anyhow? Her messy dead, most likely.

No... she's not going to get involved in this anymore. She's going to do what Kaede should've done, what her whole family line should've done years ago: get out of this mess. Go into hiding with her kids and grandkids and see that no harm comes to them.

She pulls out her phone and writes a short message to Caeyrn Flaviu Citlali Belenus. It reads:

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama Hoshi
    "I'm not going to come to the meeting. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help. Flip a bird at the trigger-happy prison colonists for me, will you?"
    Then, she shuts her phone and heads for the buss station. It's going to take a while on foot, as she's not especially inclined to use spiritual powers with all the craziness going on. But she has time.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Near the shore

Standing at the pier, Hoshi clenches his hands into fists, then sighs and sits down, wrapping her arms around her knees.

Her sister's dead. Worse than dead. She'll never be reborn again, never achieve enlightment. The daughters of her niece could be just as bad, and she might never get to know.

She could go to other members of her family, but they probably already know all she's found out and more. More to the point, they probably don't want her there. They'd agreed to the meeting with the Andersons and the spirits, but they'd hardly been happy about Hoshi going to afterlife behind their backs, nevermind the Andersons' apparent and sudden alliance with that Arrancar called Jehoel. Thinking about it, that last part combined with assassination of Kaede will likely make them very doubtful regarding the rival clan's motives. It could be they'll bail out of the budding alliance all together!

Grief-stricken and pensive, Hoshi picks up a rock and throws it into the water. What should she do? Part of her wants to go after the assassins, but the more analytical side of her brain knows she's too old for this ****. What would it achieve anyhow? Her messy dead, most likely.

No... she's not going to get involved in this anymore. She's going to do what Kaede should've done, what her whole family line should've done years ago: get out of this mess. Go into hiding with her kids and grandkids and see that no harm comes to them.

She pulls out her phone and writes a short message to Caeyrn Flaviu Citlali Belenus. It reads:

Then, she shuts her phone and heads for the buss station. It's going to take a while on foot, as she's not especially inclined to use spiritual powers with all the craziness going on. But she has time.
    Slow footsteps thud along the docks as the elder Quincy finishes her business, the frail form of Hein Weiswiede perhaps familiar in the moonlight as the florescent street lights make each wrinkle on his face appear more like deep fissures. "You always liked the ocean. Hoshi-san." the other Quincy offers with a graveled tone. "It is a shame to hear of your families demise, I was greeted with such heart wrenching news coming off the plane. I was hoping you and I could take over tea instead of sending my Kaiserlich Rössel all over the city. You are looking old, Hoshi-san."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Kuzunoha safehouse

"I'm really just a messenger here. I'm not even part of the family. I came on behalf of my friend Hoshi. She... wouldn't have been in the mood for intelligent conversation, with the clan matriarch having been her sister and all...

Yui sighs from relief at Shinji's assurances that they're not trapped, but then tenses again. "We're not? Okay, that's good. But that's really not something you want the Akiyamas to know. If they so much as think people can leave this place at will, things will go to merry hell. They won't just take your word about that man being not guilty. They'll want some sort of guarantee when they investigate this, and if the Andersons here won't serve as such... I bet they'll go to lenghts to acquire something else for that purpose." Yui glances towards the door from which Shinji came from.

"So... yeah. That's really all I have to say on that matter. Now, I'd rather just leave before this place gets surrounded by armed people running high on emotions. I have work to do tomorrow, and I don't think my boss will buy 'had her soul annihilated' as an excuse for not showing up..."

---
    "All told you have a surprisingly simple mind for such business. Do go. I wager you've still got..." Shinji closes his eyes, "...about ten minutes' worth of a headstart."

Shinji goes back to the conference room. Setsurou's already signed on behalf of Soul Society, and that leaves just himself and the Kuzunohas.

He takes a deep breath before he gets to explaining the situation.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it has come to my attention that the reason the Akiyamas are not present here today is because their matriarch has been assassinated this morning.

According to my source, the Akiyama appear to believe the Andersons are responsible. They're probably headed here as we speak. I want to assure you all that I have no intent of turning anyone over until a full investigation has been conducted. And I will, in fact, volunteer to lead said investigation.

Charles... you're believed to be the main suspect."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "All told you have a surprisingly simple mind for such business. Do go. I wager you've still got..." Shinji closes his eyes, "...about ten minutes' worth of a headstart."

Shinji goes back to the conference room. Setsurou's already signed on behalf of Soul Society, and that leaves just himself and the Kuzunohas.

He takes a deep breath before he gets to explaining the situation.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it has come to my attention that the reason the Akiyamas are not present here today is because their matriarch has been assassinated this morning.

According to my source, the Akiyama appear to believe the Andersons are responsible. They're probably headed here as we speak. I want to assure you all that I have no intent of turning anyone over until a full investigation has been conducted. And I will, in fact, volunteer to lead said investigation.

Charles... you're believed to be the main suspect."
    The entire Anderson delegation is stunned speechless, looking at each other in shock, trying to determine what this might mean.

Chuck breaks the silence, standing up and expressing his feelings with vigor.

"That's ********! This has to be a frame job!"

Not the most eloquent of defenses, but sincere if nothing else. Anthony, ever the pragmatist, recovers himself first and speaks up, his words clipped.

"Does this mean the Kuzunohas are going to refuse to sign the Accords?"

28. - Top - End - #118

[Ikari]
    Kuzunoha Safehouse

Jehoel, in response to the announcement, keeps his calm. Rather than interjecting, he reaches a hand up to one ear, activating an earpiece contained there.

"All units, stand down and retreat. We have a potential type-5 situation. Do not, I repeat, do not engage. Assistance will not be necessary."

His message transmitted and acknowledged, he simply folds his hands in front of his face and waits to be addressed.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Kuzunoha safehouse

"Thank you. I wish you luck."
    Yui bows to Shinji, then makes a quick exit. Ten minutes on feet of a middle-aged woman is not a whole lot of time, especially not when potentially crazy people could come from any direction. That's why, after the first hundred meters, Yui breaks her inconspicuous walk and breaks into a run. She doesn't stop until she's two kilometers away from the house. Then she leans against a wall to catch her breath, sighing from relief when no spiritual creepy-crawlie or angry Quincy appears to shoot or maim her. "Stupid Quincies", she mutters to herself before heading for the train station.

---

[Ikari]
    Near the shore

"That's because I am old, dumbass", Hoshi first snarls as a reply, neither recognizing nor really looking at the speaker. Only when she's almost past him she slows down, turns her head to look at his face, and then takes a few hasty steps backwards.

"Hein", Hoshi gasps, her face pale. "What are you doing here?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Near the shore

"That's because I am old, dumbass", Hoshi first snarls as a reply, neither recognizing nor really looking at the speaker. Only when she's almost past him she slows down, turns her head to look at his face, and then takes a few hasty steps backwards.

"Hein", Hoshi gasps, her face pale. "What are you doing here?"
    Hein only smiles at the crude greeting, not moving an inch from where he stopped. "Hoping to bring my lost children back in line." he sighs, a hand stroking through his beard. "It seems you're having troubles however, perhaps I came at a bad time? You can stay at my summer home at the edge of the city, yours being disposed of at the moment. We can speak about why your family has continued to side with the Death Gods even while they make deals with the Hollows."