New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World III

<"Quite.">

Jehoel carries Chuck carefully through the void, taking care not to exacerbate the young man's injuries. While he does this, however, he broods. He was able to recognize Chuck's assailant as Tetsuhiko Naito, but the change had been too radical, too sudden; something else has possessed the child's body. That was, considering its actions, highly concerning indeed. Simply killing it wasn't an option: Naito was far too interesting for something like that. Instead, it would fall to the other Mortals to deal with it. Jehoel, unseen, smiles to himself.

This would be very interesting indeed.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    <"Quite.">

Jehoel carries Chuck carefully through the void, taking care not to exacerbate the young man's injuries. While he does this, however, he broods. He was able to recognize Chuck's assailant as Tetsuhiko Naito, but the change had been too radical, too sudden; something else has possessed the child's body. That was, considering its actions, highly concerning indeed. Simply killing it wasn't an option: Naito was far too interesting for something like that. Instead, it would fall to the other Mortals to deal with it. Jehoel, unseen, smiles to himself.

This would be very interesting indeed.
    It likely didn't take Jehoel over-long to reach Australia once more, where the helicopter had been waiting for their return (Anthony having discerned that Jehoel had turned around to retrieve Charles).

At that point the young Hunter was carried aboard the chopper after profuse thanks were given to Jehoel (with more than a few ironic smirks about THAT to go around), and the Andersons flew off to their fortress-home.

Change was in the air, and young Charles Anderson might well be at the forefront of said change.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Roads]
    Ikari -> Japan

"Hmm...well, if it's going to be like that...let me put you on with the boss man."

Reaching into a pocket, Isalda withdraws an advanced phone, scrolling through her contacts before finding the correct one and dialing to Hein.
    "Speak." the gravely voice comes across over the phone, swift to pick up.

4. - Top - End - #214

[The Void -> Australia]
    Heliport

Jehoel passes Chuck off to the Andersons, graciously accepting their thanks. After they leave, he opens another Garganta to go back to Ikari.

[Roads]
    Ikari -> Japan

As soon as she speaks to Hein, a very uncharacteristic tone of respect enters Isalda's voice.

"This is Isalda Kummerow. I've located Yui Moto from the Moto family, who totally didn't just have Kaede Akiyama assassinated. She wants to talk about an alliance. I can put her on if you're interested."

Assuming Hein consents, she gives the phone to Yui to let her talk.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

[A fair bit later that day]

Shinji finds one of Alice's drones and hands it a simple message. "Kindly deliver this to your mistress with my regards."

Spoiler
    Show
    "Need to talk about Naito. Please meet me ASAP.
    Kuzunoha Shiki
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World III

[A fair bit later that day]

The drone momentarily looks at the message, lens extending in a manner much like a human narrowing their eyes to focus. A small hatch opens at the bottom of the drone, letting something quickly grab the message before storing it back inside. Looking back at Shinji, it nods, beeping affirmatively.

"Bip, beee-eep."

Despite the request, the drone doesn't seem to make much of an attempt to move, instead turning away from Shinji to once again look at the area it was surveying. If Shinji waits, Alice will arrive at the scene in about six minutes, exiting the nearest alley. If Shinji leaves, the Shinigami will arrive at the Kuzunoha safe house roughly 9 minutes later.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you for coming. Alice-san, was it?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

(Ikari > Tokyo)

Yui will take the phone when offered. "I will preface myself by saying that I mean no disrespect. I am simply making it clear where I stand." She pauses, giving this a moment to sink in.

"You will receive the full cooperation of the Moto Clan. However, I would like to make a few mutually beneficial proposals that will allow our clan to provide the best possible efficiency to you. Of the first, I would like the opportunity to speak with the remnants of the Akiyama clan whom you do not dispose of. I am confident in my ability to persuade them to see reason and merge with our clan, making them assets to you, as they are to me."

"Of the second. I would propose you delegate administration of the region of Japan to the Moto clan. While it is your initiative to occupy the region just the same, and ultimately I would answer to you, it is less of a burden on your shoulders if you do not have to deal with all the intricacies of the culture here."

"Thirdly and finally, I have under my supervision a quite talented but... unstable youth. She has grasped the Quincy arts in ways I have been unable to, and if applied correctly I have no doubt she will prove a valuable asset. In this vein, I would propose she be trained by one of your men to realize her full potential."

Yui pauses again. "Is all of this acceptable?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Alice and Shinji]

Alice bows in greeting, her clothing the same red working clothes as earlier when she had been meeting with Hideki. Evidently, the Shinigami scientist had been working on something, perhaps a drone or a hobby, before being disturbed.

"Indeed, glad to see that you're recovering. You quite frightened Anderson-san and, if I may be so frank, myself. I hope the injuries were not severe?"

The pale spirit says, voice revealing evident concern for the Mortal Medium's health. The Shinigami seems somewhat tired, but otherwise unharmed by the previous day's encounter with Alpha-1.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Hideki shows up from the same alley not long after Alice. Apparently focused on his bracer's keyboard.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Through his helmet, Hideki receives a new order:

"This is the Commander. I want all data Alice has gathered on the city ASAP. Pictures of the mortals she's been following are especially appreciated."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    One of Shinji's hands comes up to his friend's shoulder to demonstrate his support. "Look, you can't blame yourself for not being able to save her. You were just a kid, weren't you? I understand what it's like to miss someone you love, but I'm sure she would want your happiness more than anything else.

I'm willing to listen if you want to talk. If you don't want to, that's okay too.

Like I said before - I think a piece of her spirit still rests with you. Possibly inside that very pendant."
    "...I don't blame myself, not anymore. But I still miss her."

Katsuo bites his bottom lip. "...but even before this happened, before I could break things by just pulling too hard or not paying attention... I've been different. And losing her... it was..." He sighs, shaking it off.

"...the voice is quiet now, but... maybe if I try talking to it, maybe it'll talk back eventually? Tell me something... anything?" He rubs the scarab with his thumb.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

"I'll have to admit that is... not my area of expertise. As a whole, anything interior that tries to speak to an onmyouji tends to be bad for his or her health. But that may not necessarily hold true for you.

The voice within could just be a part of you trying to help. It could be indeed the voice of your mother. I doubt it's a delirium, however.

You could try speaking to said voice. I'm not sure whether it'll work, but I'll be with you when and if she talks back.

That's what friends are for, right?"

"I actually wasn't injured. Well... not by that girl, anyways. My powers can create backlash if I'm not careful and, well, I wasn't careful that night.

I was actually hoping you could help with something else, yet related to that night.

How does communicating with your Zanpakutou works, exactly?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

(Ikari > Tokyo)

There is a long silence on the other end of the phone as the Moto head speaks, only the faint sound of metal scrapping against lighter metal even indicating the call hadn't been dropped. "Isalda, please divert Moto-san's trip to the mansion, she and her ward need to be fitted for a Vertrauen and given a letter. We will speak after on who gets what once the war is over." The line then goes dead.

15. - Top - End - #225

[Roads]
    Ikari > Tokyo

"'Kay!"

She slides the phone back into her pocket.

"You heard the boss-man. Oh, and about this...'unstable youth' of yours...I think my sister's interested in training her."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Alice, Hideki and Shinji]

"No less of an injury, speaking as someone who risked over-exertion from running on a warm day. Do be careful"

Alice looks carefully at Shinji, as if trying to tell if the young onmyouji was trying to pretend the injury was lesser than it was. After a second or two, the Shinigami does answer.

"Personally, I find that we share a like for tea. Quite enjoys seeing me confused as well, but not too fond of serious matters. Generally, meditation is the most common method of asking a Zanpakutou for communication, but they can decide to instigate it themselves."

While talking, Alice turns slightly to address the other Shinigami present. The question is mostly casual, indicating that Alice does not demand Hideki to give much of an answer if the bracer was more interesting.

"Anything particular you'd comment on, Hideki?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

"Your description is sufficiently apt. I could share the fact that Heiki enjoys metalworking about as much as I do."

He closes the keyboard and turns to Alice, measuring Shinji in the process. A mortal occultist, so unusual nowadays.

"The commander-general requested a copy of all data you have gathered so far, including pictures of the mortals you have interacted with."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Shinji does not wait for the other Shinigami to respond.

"I would appreciate every bit of detail you can provide.

I believe Tetsuhiko is still inside the soul-space of that creature. I don't know for how long he will remain, however. But if he could break out of his own free will, he would have done so already. He needs help, and for that help to arrive, he needs someone inside that soul-space.

I'm going to devise a technique that will allow me to enter his soul-space. The Shinigami are the sole users of a method that allows communication with one's inner self - even we Kuzunoha do not have techniques that allow that level of interaction.

The only other person who could do something similar to what we need is Jehoel Yurius. But I'm not sure his method can be taught. Therefore, I need your help."

After a few moments of consideration, he turns to Hideki. "I would be glad to share that technique with the Shinigami, of course. It may prove useful in treating those suffering from Hollow contamination, or even to help refine the training of your troops."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-03-05 at 12:20 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

"There would be uses, but few as beneficent as you listed. And these particular two wouldn't actually happen at all."

"Who is this Tetsuhiko and what happened to him anyway?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

"Put delicately? His body is under a genocidal AI's control. His soul was experimented on to create a mix of Quincy and Hollow meant to exterminate the Shinigami. And all of this was perpetrated by a particularly insane subsection of a Quincy clan that believes humanity is better off with you lot extinct. "

Wait, that wasn't delicate at all.

"His full name is Tetsuhiko Naito. Or... her name, anyway. I'm not sure whether the process of the AI taking over induced it or whether Tetsuhiko is biologically female, but suffice to say we're looking for a woman."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see. I suppose it has something to do with that blast zone outside of the town? The reiryoku is still fresh, so I presume it was released less than twenty-four hours ago."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

"That's the gist of it.

I want to solve this in a manner that spares my friend's life. And, if possible, allows him to get on with it peacefully. I would appreciate any help you can provide."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Alice responds to Hideki's relay of Li's message by nodding and signing something to the drone, still watching from nearby. Beebing, it seems to relay the message further.

"Should be done soon enough, physical copy or do you wish it sent digitally?"

Turning back to Naito, the Shinigami scientists muses on the Mortal's plans.

"That does assume that it is possible for Naito to retain control for extended periods of time, but I have little certainty that we as yet have any way to separate the Artificial Soul from Naito's body, and it has proven to be a severe risk while in control... As much as I prefer being able to avoid any soul to be entrapped, it would be far beyond unreasonable not to lend my assistance. I'll do what I can to provide information and assistance."

Pausing, Alice briefly waits for the others to speak before interjecting.

"From my impression, Naito preferred masculine pronouns and seemed to identify likewise. Whether he's transgender or if the Artificial Soul changed his physical traits seems a private matter. Neither would affect the possibility of entering his Inner World, though I must say I have never thought much of the possibility of going to someone else's World myself, but it is a worthy experiment and hopefully one that will prevent death or annihilation."

Though Alice's tone has been informative and curious for the most part, the last word is said with a small delay, much like a Mortal may hesitate at the thought of murder.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

"If we fail to liberate Naito, I would prefer to imprison him until such a time as liberating him becomes possible.

I will not consider forfeiting his life except under the extremest set of circunstances."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

"Digital."

"I can offer some help if I end up staying here to watch over Ruggles for an extended time, but I doubt that will turn out to be true. Not that I can offer much beyond tracking and restraining given your goal."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

"That would actually be a great help. Both tracking and restraining the AI has proven exceedingly difficult. To put it mildly. We're actually lucky no one was permanently injured when we first confronted her."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"My sentiments are with you, Kuzunoha-san, I have no intentions of endangering you nor Naito any more than absolutely necessary. I was merely commenting that I have little evidence for what would happen to either of you should you enter their Inner World."

Alice says, stressing the implication that messing with someone's soul was a risky business when their Inner World was in the state that Naito's was. Sighing, Alice corrects Shinji on one other point.

"Serious injury would not be the extend of the danger of the previous encounter. The Soul's goal was escape, yet displayed more than enough power to grievously injure, kill and annihilate any of us present, myself included. It is not Naito's life and existence that I fear for."

Alice says, the tone clearly indicating that Chuck, Katsuo and Shinji are the one the reaper refers to. Sighing again, the Shinigami Scientist finishes in a slightly more positive tone.

"But I can assist with the matter of visiting Inner Worlds. Not being a part of my spirit, you would not be able to enter my Inner World as I or my Zanpakutou would. However, we already know that unidentified Quincies made it possible for Naito to interact with at the very least two other souls within him, so we may be able to do the same. There is a potential issue, though."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

"You mean besides the grievous invasion of privacy implied in entering someone's very soul to ensure their continued existence?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

"That is a minor issue at best."

"By the way you are describing it, there are two if not three complete artificial souls locked into one body, that should lead to instability and self-destruction, adding more pressure to the system could easily lead to the collapse of the whole aggregate."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

(Ikari > Tokyo > ???)

Yui gives the barest look of distaste, but it is fleeting. She takes out her own phone, and contacts Misaki's non-assassination phone number, beginning a text, which she then hands towards Isalda.

"If you would, she will need directions. That would otherwise be acceptable."

Yui Moto is a business woman. The last thing she is unaccustomed to is people attempting to throw their weight around. In this case, however, she knew she must tread lightly.

(Kuzunoha House)

Katsuo looks up again, but it takes him a few moments to manage a smile and a nod. "...yeah..." He wipes his eyes for a moment before regaining eye contact.

"...thanks, Shinji."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!