New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World III

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "That is a minor issue at best."

"By the way you are describing it, there are two if not three complete artificial souls locked into one body, that should lead to instability and self-destruction, adding more pressure to the system could easily lead to the collapse of the whole aggregate."
    "Only confirmed artificial soul is the AI. The Hollow part has likely been grafted on. I'm not sure whether Tetsuhiko's soul was created or whether he had a human soul implanted, and I don't particularly care. But you're right. Such a balance cannot be mantained."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

"There are many possibilities. He could be a shard of the hollow soul that turned plus due to interaction with the living body. He could be a soul that gravitated to the newborn body from the cycle of reincarnation. He could even be a newly spawned soul, although those don't happen often on animals anymore."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

(Kuzunoha House)

Katsuo looks up again, but it takes him a few moments to manage a smile and a nod. "...yeah..." He wipes his eyes for a moment before regaining eye contact.

"...thanks, Shinji."
    Shinji reaches for his friend's shoulder and grasps it to offer an encouraging squeeze.

Then he pulls his friend in closer for a hug.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Roads
    All Over The Place

Isalda takes the phone and punches in directions to the designated location. Afterwards, she hands the phone back to Yui. She seems distracted.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

"There are many possibilities. He could be a shard of the hollow soul that turned plus due to interaction with the living body. He could be a soul that gravitated to the newborn body from the cycle of reincarnation. He could even be a newly spawned soul, although those don't happen often on animals anymore."
    "We don't have enough information to assume anything. Like I said, the only confirmed information is that the AI is an artificial soul, which isn't much to go on. And whether that Hollow soul used to be a shard or not is irrelevant - at this point it's a fully-formed influence. That much we know."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

"Try the other way around. I said your friend may have spawned from the hollow's soul, either as a separate psyche or a separate spirit. I did not say that the hollow itself was a piece of something else."

"The later would be a whole different can of worms. Hollows that bud off soul shards tend to have full command of them, and said shards cannot survive if the original hollow is purified or destroyed."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World III

"It is indeed an unstable situation. Particularly since the artificial soul was evidently intended to be without free will, but appears to have quickly gained as much autonomy and individuality as any Mod Soul. That, alongside it's tendency to announce procedures audibly, indicates that the Quincy did not have much competency with the creation of such Souls.

Even the intended situation of an artificial soul and a Hollow would need studying to predict if it was viable long-term. As dangerous as temporarily adding another might be, the current situation poses a risk to both souls by continuing without oversight. Possibly also to the entire area, should the strain cause the dominant soul to display violence"

Alice interjects, addressing the issue Hideki raised.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Shinji rubbed his temples. The situation was a pickle regardless of the specifics.

"Simple fact of the matter is: we need that artificial soul out. It is likely that the AI is just as aware of this imbalance as we are. And it will try to eliminate Naito for it, if it isn't doing so already.

However, Naito's soul is the one which originally has access to his powers. It wouldn't risk making itself defenseless - so it will probably attempt to disjoin that control somehow. I don't know how it is accessing his powers as it is for the moment, but I can only presume that it has Naito subjugated. We don't have much time.

Do either of you mind moving back to the Kuzunoha safehouse to continue this discussion?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

"Honestly a Gokon Tekkõ or the touch of an arrancar should suffice to force their souls out of the body to be dealt with accordingly."

At the mention of the safehouse, Hideki just turns towards Alice, she's leading the way after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

[Elsewhere in Japan]
    Apartment of Hoshi's daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Unfortunately for Niklaus, his usage of the technique does not take away from the pain of the acid. Fortunately for him, this confirms his suspicions are real, and he is therefore dealing with an illusion. All that's left is to identify its source. Depending on whether or not his acute sense of smell extends into spiritual matters, he can clearly smell the enemy's scent on himself.

Regardless, there are bullets raining down on him. They're not strong enough to pierce his Blut, but DAMN if they don't hurt like the dickens!
    This isn't the first time Niklaus has been under small-arms fire. If he couldn't ignore this level of pain, he would've died decades ago. The interloper's smell doesn't interest him too much - what's more concerning is the lack of the smell of blood. Apparently, the knife he threw was deflected.

Oh well. The secondary targets are of no military significance. If anything, this assault gives him a great excuse to flee the scene.

Holding his hand before his eyes to shield them from bullets, the man's legs tenses - and then he leaps, right through the kitchen wall. Not the one between the kitchen and the living room, though, but the one between the kitchen and the yard outside the house. The effect can be best described as a man-shaped artillery shell blasting through the wooden structure.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

There is no chase given. Niklaus still can't sense the interloper's Reiatsu, however.

Inside the house, Setsurou makes a call.

"Tsubame, this is Setsurou. I've just foiled an assassination attempt here, and sent a team to deal with a secondary attempt on the lives of two other members of the Akiyama family. Are they still there?"
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-03-07 at 09:34 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"Suggested it, but Anderson, the Australian Quincy, vetoed it. I do consider it worthy of an attempt, though difficult to complete without detainment. If Kuzunoha-san and the other Mortals are willing to reconsider it, I'd suggest trying that first, but I am neither a tyrant nor a bigger expert on Quincy creations than the Quincy in this city."

Alice explains to Hideki before turning back and nodding to Shinji.

"I See no reason not to."

As Alice agrees, Hideki should be receiving the information requested by Li. Slowly due to the amount of data, but otherwise ordinary. It generally contains basic surveillance data, information about the various Mortals, Quincy opinions observed, information about Mikael and Mikael's connection to Hueco Mundo, scarce information about Hasunaga and the other older Aware Mortals, and some footage of the Quincy bunker. It contains no private information about the Mortals and only implications at the Cult's presence.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

"I would hazard a guess that the quincy themselves don't know a thing about this entity from your videos."

Hideki pulls his keyboard bracer again, but is still looking forward, his helmet probably has a screen display.

"Akiyama Hinata, Akiyama Natsuki, Naito Tetsuhiko, Anderson Charles. The quincy you have observed. Hybrid and substitute shinigami included. Not much new here, just faces for the names."

"Haroda Tamaki, Yamada Katsuo, Hasunaga Heiaki, Kamogawa Shinji, Tsukimoto Miya, Mikael... No surname. Mediums. Quite a concentration, and I am sure there are more still. Quite cursory info. You seen friendly enough with these mortals, Ruggles, too shy to ask for an interview?"

"Plenty of interesting footage you have. I suppose this is the 'bugman' you mentioned? Let me pull some cross data."

Hideki hums a song.

"And I have a match for that shikai. Hayato Ichimyouri, vice-captain of former 5th division a bit over one hundred and fifty years ago. A criminal on the run, twenty-six charges of assault, seven of murder and dereliction of duty. I would expect IntSec to be dispatched soon. That man has an appointment with oblivion."

"You have footage of a battle against the swarm of the Queen of Hollows, well that is interesting. The date is... Some time after the second prison breach, much earlier than her release. Scamozzo's prison was under this area, now that I recall."

"Shiki Sora, a local student. 'Arrancar traits' this kid has been in footage of the cult's offensive actions. He was present during their assault on Seireitei one month ago as well."

"Oscar Meyers, medium... A very old and powerful arrancar not affiliated with Las Noches, actually... Sightings... Only that one."

"Quite a lot more, busy town isn't this?"

All of it is being transferred to Li immediately, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene's drones. Scamozzo's prison. Sightings of Shiki Sora, who accompanied the Cult's leaders on their assault to Seireitei.

Sawada may have found a way to redeem himself from behind the veil of damnation.

It doesn't take long before a text message from the commander appears at the bottom of Hideki's screen. "If I bet this Cult has a base in this city, what odds will you give me, Koutetsu-san?"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

"Those who would have reliable information regarding this project have all been exterminated by the Quincy themselves. The older Quincy scholars might have more information, but with the head of the Akiyamas dead, we won't be able to uncover much else - not after that facility was obliterated.

And I'm afraid this is the first time Alice-san was formally contacted by any of us. Her work or intentions notwithstanding, some of the most... paranoid among us were not fond of her method of surveillance. Prior to this, I have no knowledge of anyone except one of my grandparents having a prolonged conversation with her."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Text to Li
    "Good ones. One of the prisons was here and the others were in inhospitable areas to mortals."
    Hideki raises an eyebrow at Shinji's commentary.

"I see. Her files don't list any mortal who would fit the age category for a grandparent in this world, however."

"What is this you said about a murder?"
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-03-10 at 10:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no chase given. Niklaus still can't sense the interloper's Reiatsu, however.

Inside the house, Setsurou makes a call.

"Tsubame, this is Setsurou. I've just foiled an assassination attempt here, and sent a team to deal with a secondary attempt on the lives of two other members of the Akiyama family. Are they still there?"
    Tsubame responds immediately, all business.

"I am the only remaining representative of any faction other than the Kuzunohas."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Hideki raises an eyebrow at Shinji's commentary.

"I see. Her files don't list any mortal who would fit the age category for a grandparent in this world, however."

"What is this you said about a murder?"
    "What do you know about the current situation of the Quincy?"

The aim of the question was, of course, to solidify how much exposition would be necessary.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

"I greeted an Akiyama envoy to Soul Society four days ago by the name of Hoshi, and know that there was a conclave scheduled earlier this afternoon. Other than that I have not been up to speed on the subject due to my task in observing officer Ruggles, among other work I have been doing remotely. Acting captain Hishikawa has yet to report the results of the meeting."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Shinji nodded. "Ah, yes. The man that accompanied Tsubame-san.

Well... long story short, the Akiyamas have been the target of a vicious attack. One that claimed the life of their matriarch. The Andersons, a different Quincy branch that was here for that conclave, are their prime suspects as of right now. I have reason to believe there is a third party involved in this assault, pitting Quincy against Quincy in order to properly weaken their antagonists and solidify their position - something Acting Captain Hishikawa spoke of when news of the attack arrived.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the man since he the Akiyamas surrounded the safehouse..."

"Alright. I'm going to see these two to safety and investigate a bit more. I'd like to ask you to return to Soul Society ahead of me and report what happened as soon as you can."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Alice stops momentarily at the mention of the death, eyes widening slightly upon realising something.

"<Cry haro an' blyme!> The event was a murder? I apologise for the exclamation, but the activity had passed when my surveillance noticed it and there seemed to be little sign of the Quincy Mod Soul or a similar treat..."

Alice says, the exclamation likely making little sense to Shinji or Hideki, unless either understood far outdated English, but the shock was evident. As Shinji explains the suspects and hypotheses, the Shinigami scientist ineffectively stomps in frustration, fists clenched.

"Why was that not obvious to me? Such a meeting practically invites sabotage and assassinations, 131 years should have taught me that much. I assume that the situation may be solved or conflict prevented? A murder is a horror, but a battle between Quincies would destroy countless souls, especially if either family deems Shinigami or Hollows to be friends of their enemies. Your lack of urgency would indicate smaller risk than the news suggest"

Alice says, clearly frustrated with her own lack of intervention, though relatively calm.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Shinji remains surprisingly calm at this. Calmer than the woman, at any rate.

Which was odd to say the least, considering he was nearly ten times her junior.

"I believe there is some clarification needed. The Akiyamas were not assaulted within the meeting. That would have been impossible.

Rather, they were assaulted at their own headquarters, some time prior to the beginning of the meeting itself.

It's not yet clear whether the assault had been planned at an earlier date and the meet was just unfortunate but timely coincidence, or if the meet provided the best conditions for the ruse to take place. Regardless, the results are what they are. The Quincy are divided against themselves and one of my friends stands accused of murder. The Akiyamas have become effectively blinded by their grief, and the instigator behind this event is in prime position to act. However they move from this point on, it's going to be subtle - they don't want to expose themselves too much.

Luckily, the Quincy don't have TOO much representation in Japan, that I know of. So we can narrow down the possible suspects that come knocking on the Akiyama's doors to support them.

Right now, proving Charles Anderson's innocence is going to be key to making sure this conflict doesn't detonate early."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Hein Wiesweide's car

After half an hour, the Quincy Kaiser receives another text message from Niklaus. It is written in code and abbreviations, so he probably wrote it on the move and in a hurry. Fortunately, it is easily readable to Hein, and decryped, the whole message goes:

"Met unexpected resistance. Aborting mission. One enemy, possibly a Shinigami. Capable of inducing visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations. Effects on olfactory senses unconfirmed. Very stealthy. In possession of small arms. Deactivating phone now."

What the message doesn't tell is that Niklaus is going to take a detour through the sea before regrouping in Ikari; that's something only Hein knows, as it was written in the mission plan he made.

Somewhere else, Niklaus removes the memory card and SIM of his phone, then annihilates them with his touch - one perk for using Reishi for those parts of the phone. Once done, he places the device in his trouser pocket, seeing as his coat was ruined by the inteloper's attack. Then, he continues moving towards the sea.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ikari - Three Months Later]

Following the assassinations of Akiyama Kaede and Akiyama Hoshi, superficial peace returns to the city. Under the surface, however, things are boiling.

The loss of their leader has left the Akiyama house divided in four parts. The first consists of those who joined Kaede and Hoshi in oblivion, destroyed by Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung when they refused. Almost half of the clan's combat-fit members have been destroyed or crippled, and many more non-combatants and family associates have shared their unfortunate fate. Of those who lived, about fifth grudginly submitted to Zerreißen Himmel, in order to save lifes of their friends and family and after being given proof that the anti-Shinigami faction was not, in fact, behind Kaede's assassination. What this proof was is unknown to anyone besides them and the Kaiserlich Rössel.

About three fifths instead went and sought sanctuary from the Moto clan, as the Motos were ones to warn them against the nefarious plottings of the Andersons. Even worse, rumours abound that the Motos are considering allience with Zerreißen Himmel, so these two groups might soon be one! Needless to say, both groups are still howling for the blood of Charles Anderson, with only their decimated state keeping them from mounting a decisive action against the Australians.

As for the last fifth...

---

[Australia, Sydney Airport]

A man in a white tuxedo and black shirt steps out on the streets, a Quincy pentacle hanging from a silver chain around his neck. The man is tall (for a Japanese) and proud, though he is obviously seen better days. One of his blazing blue eyes is hidden by a bandage, and his left arm is in a sling. His right clutches a grey suitcase as he eyes his surroundings.

He is sure he's been noticed already. He's made no particular attempt to hide himself - if anything, his clothes should make him stick out like a sore thumb. The question is more... whether those who've noticed him are friends or foes.

Praying that Yuina and the Kuzunohas were right, Akiyama Hachirou waits.

---

[Back in Ikari]

Caeyrn Flaviu Citlali Belenus has had quite a few past months, trying to juggle his responsibilities as a Quincy and a rising young actor. Fortunately, he's not had any of Zerreißen Himmel's agents try to kill him... yet.

Now, his phone rings. Hmmm, odd. It's from the female lead of his last movie. What could it be?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Australia, Sydney Airport]

A man in a white tuxedo and black shirt steps out on the streets, a Quincy pentacle hanging from a silver chain around his neck. The man is tall (for a Japanese) and proud, though he is obviously seen better days. One of his blazing blue eyes is hidden by a bandage, and his left arm is in a sling. His right clutches a grey suitcase as he eyes his surroundings.

He is sure he's been noticed already. He's made no particular attempt to hide himself - if anything, his clothes should make him stick out like a sore thumb. The question is more... whether those who've noticed him are friends or foes.

Praying that Yuina and the Kuzunohas were right, Akiyama Hachirou waits.
    He doesn't have to wait over-long.

Perhaps 3 minutes after he steps out onto the street, a dull brown Land Rover pulls up and stops on the street next to him. The window rolls down, and a local man, wearing brush-appropriate clothing and some sunglasses, rolls down the power window to smirk at him.

"You going to keep walking along like a marshmellow advertisement, mate, or are you up for hopping in where there's some air conditioning?"

He paused, digging a piece of paper out of a pocket.

"Ah, righto. Ahem. 'All that glitters is not gold.' That ought to match up with what you were given."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Code phrase, pre-arranged if he in any way had some sort of contact sent for the Andersons.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ikari-Three Months Later]
    Hein Weiswiede

Hein walked through the halls of what was once his summer estate at the edge of Ikari, a quaint Japanese city that once boasted a thriving Quincy community. Laughter and merriment had filled these halls once but those times were over. Now only shadow and the dust of ages clung to the cut stone floors, a small cloud puffing about his feet as he trudged deeper into the recesses below the main building. They'd been built swiftly though reinforced over the years, bunkers made to protect his family from the Shinigami. They proved unneeded as even their technology couldn't circumvent the Death God's ability to move through moral objects. Ancient stains long since grown black still smeared against the wall, left as grim testaments to what transpired almost two hundred years ago. Just the thought made his bones ache, what lingering power yet remained in his decrepit frame not nearly enough to propel him fast enough past history's testament to the hubris of his family. But none of that mattered as his cane clacked against the stone, plans centuries in the making were soon to come to fruition and even if he wouldn't be there to see them complete all would know the hand that held the weapon that brought Soul Society to it's knees.

The darkness about Hein soon receded, a towering blue beam of light engulfing what was once the central church his family had eaten their last meal. The source of Quincy Power, the original Silver Cross forged across the sea and whose frame was nicked and scarred by decades of theft to assist in the creation of other crosses across the world stood proud in the gloom. The thrum and pin prickles of energy surged over his weathered frame, how like the Cross had he become? Beaten and battered yet still the wisdom of his power had crossed the globe to places he would never have thought existed. But one could not cheat death forever and he could feel it's specter behind him as he sat in a slowly decaying pew. The others knew where to find him, in this sacred place, a little rest was all he needed for his journey back to the throne. Even Gods needed rest after all.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

[Australia, near Sydney Airport]

"I wasn't given anything", Hachirou replies. "But a ride would be good, yes." He waits for the man to open a door and hops in.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Australia, near Sydney Airport]

"I wasn't given anything", Hachirou replies. "But a ride would be good, yes." He waits for the man to open a door and hops in.
    The driver rolls his eyes and reaches over to get the door open a bit. Once Hachirou hops in, he smirks a bit.

"Buckle up, mate. Road's liable to be bumpy."

Unless his passenger objects strenuously, the man will quickly get them moving down the road, heading north for the moment.

"Name's Jack. You're...Hachirou, right? Nice ta meetcha. Hope it wasn't the airline ride that gave you that beating. You got any questions for me before we get to the safehouse?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If you want we can move this forward a bit.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

"Akiyama Hachirou, yes", the man replies. "I presume you are one of the Andersons. Who else is going to be at the safehouse?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Akiyama Hachirou, yes", the man replies. "I presume you are one of the Andersons. Who else is going to be at the safehouse?"
    Jack nodded at the question.

"Well, there'll be a few of us there for security and cleanup. When we're done we'll make the safe house as clean and empty as possible, not leave clues.

But the one that's important to you is Anthony. He's the one who signed those accords at the Kuzonoha place. He's a lawyer and whatnot, really knows his stuff."