New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Eshebala the Vixen Queen

As Queen of the Foxwomen, Eshebala the Vixen Queen embodies the same vain and shallow obsession with beauty and material wealth found in that lycanthropic race. She has a decidedly cruel streak as well, and seeks to destroy things and creatures she has n further use for, or that which she cannot acquire.

Jeff
    Let's Play Old Games with AuldDragon (Youtube) | My 2nd Edition Blog
    Monster Mythology Update Project | Spelljammer Livestream Campaign
    "That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Brilros the Battle Stallion

Another member of the centaur pantheon, Brilros the Battle Stallion is the child of Fanthros and Naharra, and sibling to Linroth. He represents war, battle, and strength, and like his sister, is a youthful and vigorous power. He leads centaurs in the defense of their lands, and teaches their warriors strategy and tactics.

Jeff
    "That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Damh the Horned Beast

Child of Titania and Oberon, Damh the Horned Beast (pronounced DAV) is the revelrous patron of satyrs and korred. Despite his love for wine, women, and song, he is the physically strongest member of the Seelie Court, and the first to come to defense of sylvan lands.

Jeff
    Last edited by AuldDragon; 2019-07-01 at 10:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Daragor the Wolflord

The bloodthirsty and rapacious patron of werewolves and seawolves, Daragor the Wolflord is a wanderer who delights in nothing but sating his bloodlust. While he wanders the Lower Planes butchering the fiends and travelers he finds there, he sends his avatars to do the same on the Prime Material Plane.

Jeff

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Naharra the Mother-Mare

Naharra the Mother-Mare is the final member of the small centaur pantheon mentioned in Dragon Magazine #105, and rounds out the family group that serves Skerrit. She is the centaur deity of lover, motherhood, and fertility, and as a deity of family, represents the ancestor spirits that many centaur shamans contact for advice.

Jeff

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Caoimhin the Kindly

The smallest member of the Seelie Court is Caoimhin the Kindly (KOO-ev-inn), patron of the little killmoulis. He is a timid and grumbly deity who is keenly aware of his own weaknesses, but has an inner strength where his friends and allies are concerned.

Jeff

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ferrix the Prowler

Sibling to Balador, Ferrix the Prowler is a playful and inquisitive deity, and patron of the weretigers. She is a huntress, but gets a greater thrill from the hunt than the kill. She likes to explore and learn, but unlike her brother, she has not the wisdom to differentiate mundane and trivial knowledge.

Jeff

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Kheiron the Educator

One of the most famous centaurs, Kheiron the Educator is the offspring of the Titan Cronus, but does not share his disposition towards the Olympians. As such, he is included in both that human pantheon and the centaur pantheon, and has branches of his clergy among both races. Throughout his history, he has taken special interest in educating would-be heroes, and his mythology includes many long lists of the heroes he has educated.

Jeff

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Nathair Sgiathach the Prankster

While one of Io’s Children, Nathair Sgiathach the Prankster (NEIGH-er SKEY-ak) feels more at home among the small folk of the Seelie Court, and is patron of faerie dragons and pseudodragons. His power is a valuable aid in protecting fairy folk, but unfortunately his irreverent attitude makes for a less valuable advisor to Titania, Queen of the Fairies.

Jeff

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Diirinka the Betrayer

Diirinka the Betrayer is the treacherous and cruel patron of the degenerate dwarves known as derro. Exiled from the Morndinsamman for his crimes against his brother and mortal dwarves, he hides in Pandemonium, paranoid that his enemies, especially the illithid god Ilsensine, will find and destroy him.

If you’ve been enjoying these entries, please consider supporting the project on Patreon or Ko-Fi.

Jeff

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Emmantiensien the Treant-King

One of the outer circle members of the Seelie Court, Emmantiensien the Treant-King is still an important member of the Court. He forgets nothing, making him an excellent sage, and he guards a powerful ancient magical crystal that grants him and the Court substantial powers.

If you’ve been enjoying these entries, please consider supporting the project on Patreon or Ko-Fi.

Jeff

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Gzemnid the Gas Giant

One of Great Mother's many offspring, and the only one to achieve divinity itself, Gzemnid the Gas Giant is a master of air elemental magic and deception. It desires to increase its store of knowledge and magic, but is intelligent enough to know that bargaining for or stealing such things can be just as effective as slaying for them.

Jeff

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Tethrin Veraldé the Shining One

One of a number of minor elven deities who appeared in the pages of Dragon Magazine, Tethrin Veraldé, the elven god of bladesingers and battle magic, had an abbreviated Faiths & Avatars style writeup in Dragon #236, which I have expanded upon.

Jeff

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Squelaiche the Court Jester

Squelaiche the Court Jester is the patron of leprechauns, and the Court Jester of the Seelie Court. He is a trickster, but his jests and jibes always carry lessons to those they target. He is the only member of the Inner Circle who isn’t related to Titania.

Jeff

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Psilofyr the Spore Lord

A contemplative and peaceable deity, Psilofyr the Spore Lord is the myconid deity of community and philosophy. It is an ancient power, manifesting as a type of fungal world tree archetype. It dislikes animal life, seeing them as inherently destructive and violently destructive, although it has softened towards races like the svirfneblin that have proven themselves allies to myconids.

Jeff

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Araleth Letheranil the Prince of Stars

One of the younger elven deities from the pages of Dragon Magazine, Araleth Letheranil is the god of starlight. He is an adventurous deity that keeps darkness at bay, and opposes many of the traditional enemies of the surface elves, especially drow. These traits have made him particularly popular with the members of the Elven Fleets in wildspace.

Jeff

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Eachthighern the Unicorn Lord

A member of the Inner Circle of the Seelie Court, Eachthighern is lord of unicorn and pegasi. He is both guardian and healer, and his name is a byword for loyalty among the sylvan creatures.

Jeff

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Kr’tx the Flaming Master

One of the neogi deities detailed in the article “The Ecology of the Neogi,” in Dragon #214, Kr’tx the Flaming Master is that race’s deity of war. It is an unsubtle brute of a neogi, and favored by the umber hulks the neogi keep due to its brutality.

Jeff

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Cador the Shadow Knife

Cador the Shadow Knife is a virtually unknown dwarven deity of revenge and hatred, not truly part of the Morndinsamman, but also acting as a dark reflection of the pantheon as a whole. He only shows up in a single 1st Edition adventure, Nigel Findley’s “Caermor” from Dungeon #2 (and reprinted in 2nd Edition’s Dungeon anthology release, “Dungeons of Despair”). I expanded upon the slight details there to make Cador a full-fledged deity.

Jeff

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Verenestra the Oak Princess

Daughter of Titania and Oberon, Verenestra the Oak Princess possesses an unearthly beauty that is dimly reflected in the nymphs, dryads, and sylphs of the Prime Material Plane that worship her. She is a flightly and vain, but ultimately cares deeply for her faerie folk.

Jeff

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project

I appreciate the vast effort into it, though I would take exception with assigning "vast dragon" like bahamut a measily 23 strength. i seem to recall Council of Wyrms age 10 reds could get a 25 pretty easily. I get the Io thing, never really approved of CoW's pantheon outside of Bahamut/Tiamat as king-father and queen-mother,

but Dragonlance's "same but not same" Paladine/Takhisis make that all the more confusing. THen you have 5th age Malystryx, who supposedly wasn't even the biggest of big dragons from the plane of dragons.

Still, 23? Sad hatchling.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Kil'lix the Ambitious

Another of the neogi deities from Dragon Magazine #214, Kil’lix the Ambitious represents the cutthroat nature of neogi advancement. He is a god of death, and teaches his followers to gain power through poison and murder.

Jeff
    Last edited by AuldDragon; 2021-02-01 at 02:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project

Quote Originally Posted by anthon View Post
    I appreciate the vast effort into it, though I would take exception with assigning "vast dragon" like bahamut a measily 23 strength. i seem to recall Council of Wyrms age 10 reds could get a 25 pretty easily. I get the Io thing, never really approved of CoW's pantheon outside of Bahamut/Tiamat as king-father and queen-mother,

but Dragonlance's "same but not same" Paladine/Takhisis make that all the more confusing. THen you have 5th age Malystryx, who supposedly wasn't even the biggest of big dragons from the plane of dragons.

Still, 23? Sad hatchling.
    Council of Wyrms has some unique design elements, though, as it is for players to be able to play (and the dragons only use Strength for the purposes of carrying and that sort of thing), whereas Bahamut would still have 23 Strength if he took another form. The big thing is that these stats are supposed to be compared to each other, and few avatars should have 25 Strength, generally those that deal with actual Strength (Heracles, Magni, etc.). :)

Jeff

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Naralis Analor, the Watcher of Souls

Another of the minor Seldarine deities published originally in Dragon #155 and updated in #236, Naralis Analor is a god of healing and death. He serves Sehanine in this capacity, while his priests often serve the elven nations in classic medic roles.

Jeff

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Oberon the Faerie King

Oberon is a god of male faerie warriors and hunters, and patron of wild places and the beasts who live there. He is consort to Titania, but is not fond of the politics of the Seelie Court and prefers to stay away when possible. He is a tireless defender of the sylvan races, and is more than willing to take the fight to the Court’s foes.

Jeff

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Thrig'ki the Rapacious

Another of the neogi deities from Dragon Magazine #214, Thrig’ki the Rapacious is one of the more interesting deities. It represents the closest thing the spidery neogi have to “love;” their emotion is much closer to envy, jealousy, and covetousness. Due to its purview over these emotions, it has come to also represent trade and commerce as well.

Jeff

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Alathrien Druanna, the Rune Mistress

A minor, nearly forgotten member of the Seldarine, Alathrien Druanna, the Rune Mistress is the goddess of writing, subservient to Labelas Enoreth in his role as keeper of history. Because of her portfolio on writing, she has come to hold the fields of conjuration, geometric, and runic magic as well, although only a small number of elves still follow her tenets.

Jeff

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Titania the Faerie Queen

The leader of the Seelie Court, and supreme fairy is Titania, the Faerie Queen. She rules her court with compassion and love, but she posses incredible magical power with which to defend her diminutive subjects. For this write-up, I incorporated an old 1st Edition druid subtype from Dragon #155, for a previous incarnation of the faerie queen named Rhiannon, as well as some medieval folklore about faeries and people said to be touched by them.

Jeff

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default T’zen’kil the Lasher

The second-to-last deity in the neogi pantheon is the cruel T’zen’kil the Lasher, god of pain, torture, and slavery. It is a foul being that enforces the social order and the idea that neogi superiority means that lesser beings deserve suffering. These elements have also made it the informal deity of neogi cooks and chefs.

Jeff

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Rellavar Danuvien, the Frost Sprite King

One of the deities straddling the boundary between the Seldarine and the Seelie Court, Rellavar Danuvien is the king of the frost sprites and a member of the outer circle of the Seelie Court, as well as being a rising power of the reclusive snow elves. He is a protector deity who looks out for elves and faeriefolk who are endangered by harsh weather and natural disasters.

Jeff