New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London: Hello, Delicious Playgrounders

Iruka: Okay, drop me a calling card. I don't have any free evenings at the moment.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Although it isn't particularly hard to get carnival tickets, doing the "The Exceptional Rose" action at the Carnival is a good way of getting a lot.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    I believe it is capped only for successes.
    That is the case, yes. I have a bit over 80% success now, and I was just sent to the colonies for a fifth time this feast.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

And in totally-not-related news, I found out how to burn some of my 400+ Confident Smiles!
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #245

Do tell, good gentleperson.

I have a dilemma. On the one hand, I'm tired of grinding the dance at hte festival. On the other hand, my persuasive grew almost 20 points these last few days nd it's so very money efficient!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Do tell, good gentleperson.
    Oh--just by grinding the dance with an 83%ish chance and using a Smile every time. I have yet to fail.

Also, folks, you should totally swing by Lazybones Road. There's a...tantalizing new storylet. With an eventual potential social option. I haven't made my choice yet.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #247

Clathermont. D__n. I'll have to find a place where I can read up on the story, it's been so long, I've probably forgotten most of the details.

8. - Top - End - #248

Heh. Fun little fact, probably coincidence, maybe easter-egg: Clathermont says his beloved's eyes are sky-blue. While the eyes of the person you find are apparently violet. Now, look at the sky on the Ladybones Road banner.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. Fun little fact, probably coincidence, maybe easter-egg: Clathermont says his beloved's eyes are sky-blue. While the eyes of the person you find are apparently violet. Now, look at the sky on the Ladybones Road banner.
    Heh. Actually, based on one of the options in a follow-up storylet...there's a very specific reason behind the eye-color. (Though I like your catch. ) So, probably coincidence or easter egg.

Also, I'm still trying to decide on my options. One of the final choices is very in-keeping with my character. But there's a lot...
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-02-25 at 11:30 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Man, do I follow her and see what she's doing or force the card pull now in case I don't get another chance before the end of the Feast?

Decisions, decisions...
    Similes are like metaphors.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Varen_Tai View Post
    Man, do I follow her and see what she's doing or force the card pull now in case I don't get another chance before the end of the Feast?

Decisions, decisions...
    Well, you could always wait a few days, pulling Opportunity cards to see if you can snag hers.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Well, you could always wait a few days, pulling Opportunity cards to see if you can snag hers.
    Yeah, that's a good idea.

As a side note, all my Shadowy exploits are on hold until I get my last lesson from you, and since The Affair of the Box is what's hot right now, I'm somewhat stymied. Any chance of getting that lesson sometime soon?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's a good idea.

As a side note, all my Shadowy exploits are on hold until I get my last lesson from you, and since The Affair of the Box is what's hot right now, I'm somewhat stymied. Any chance of getting that lesson sometime soon?
    Hmm, you're still not showing up in my "eligible" list. Sure your gear isn't pushing you over 100 Shadowy?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hmm, you're still not showing up in my "eligible" list. Sure your gear isn't pushing you over 100 Shadowy?
    Oh, my gear counts? I thought it was the raw score. Let me fix that...

EDIT: Fixed! Handy guy, that Talkative Rattus Faber. Does having him equipped mean you can keep schooling me for a while?
    Last edited by Varen_Tai; 2014-02-25 at 12:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, my gear counts? I thought it was the raw score. Let me fix that...

EDIT: Fixed! Handy guy, that Talkative Rattus Faber. Does having him equipped mean you can keep schooling me for a while?
    I do believe so!

EDIT: Good luck with your next task. I hope that the good Doctor Blake does not mind being blamed for a rash of mysterious singed playing cards being distributed about the Neath.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-02-25 at 12:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I do believe so!

EDIT: Good luck with your next task. I hope that the good Doctor Blake does not mind being blamed for a rash of mysterious singed playing cards being distributed about the Neath.
    Mysterious! I will look into it...

Also, check to see if I still show up as eligible now that I've hit 100 in the raw stat.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Mysterious! I will look into it...

Also, check to see if I still show up as eligible now that I've hit 100 in the raw stat.
    Yep! Still eligible! Thank goodness for rattus faber.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait a minute, there's a Mr. Eaten Tattoo? Oh boy...

And if anyone wishes to drunkenly co-receive a tattoo with Mr. Ernst "Hydranova" Fabwich then the offer is open.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
    Wait a minute, there's a Mr. Eaten Tattoo? Oh boy...

And if anyone wishes to drunkenly co-receive a tattoo with Mr. Ernst "Hydranova" Fabwich then the offer is open.
    Contemplating it! It looks like it works as the following (based on how StoryNexus works)...

1. You pick the option
    2. Your Bizarre increases by 1 point
    3. Based on a random result, you get one of the existing tattoos

Part of me really wants to get the Nemesis tattoo in memory of my daughter, but...part of me wants to gamble at getting a tattoo I wouldn't otherwise be able to have...like the 1/42 chance of getting the Name.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Are the tattoos a reward for completing this week's snippet?

21. - Top - End - #261

Ooh. What does the tattoo actually do? Does it add a thing in addition to the Bizarre, or do tattoos do something else entirely?

EDIT: Also, do I need the required alcohols as well?
    Last edited by Hydranova; 2014-02-25 at 01:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Are the tattoos a reward for completing this week's snippet?
    Broadly, yes. (Don't forget to head to Ladybones Road first!) You complete the Ladybones content, and then draw the Lilac card. Enjoy the storylet!

Weekly code here helps with the Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
    Ooh. What does the tattoo actually do? Does it add a thing in addition to the Bizarre, or do tattoos do something else entirely?
    No clue.
    EDIT: Also, do I need the required alcohols as well?
    It does not seem to require alcohols; when I went to the social action component of it (and then backed out, I'm not ready to commit yet!), it listed no requirements whatsoever.

23. - Top - End - #263

I'm volunteering for tattoos. Terrible consequences never frightened me.

That said, I spent some time on the wiki, reading summaries for all the destinies. I think I can no longer be closest to the Anarchists with a clean conscious. The Liberation of Night is shudderworthy.

That said, the destinies are awesome, one and all. The Lorn-Flukes. And the Princess. And Parabola. And Mi-Go-esque space flight. And the Messenger. And what I think is a nuclear weapon.

So awesome.

24. - Top - End - #264

That said, the destinies are awesome, one and all. The Lorn-Flukes. And the Princess. And Parabola. And Mi-Go-esque space flight. And the Messenger. And what I think is a nuclear weapon.

So awesome.
    Hold the phone now, I'm familiar with the first three but not the latter three. Please, enlighten me.

And I'm down for random tattoo assignments...if someone else has the wines necessary for it.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Guhhhhhhhh. I'm really wavering on whether to get a random tattoo. But I'm not currently up to it yet. I must consider...

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I do believe so!

Replied! Perhaps we should let Dr Blake here know what kind of story we are building around him without his knowledge?

27. - Top - End - #267

Man. Looking at the Tattoos now. All so tempting. I could have a Correspondence Tattoo. Or

Don't have the stuff I need for Mr. Eaten, though. Never got that far in the quest, and it's blocked now.

As for hte Destinies:
    One Destiny is joining the Fingerlords in Parabola. If you don't know what these words mean...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know too much about these things myself, but Parabola is, it seems, another name for the Mirror Marches, the Dreamlands. Or an area of it. The Fingerlords are creatures akin to the Fae who rule it.

As for the Mi-Go: I meant Byakhee. creatures from Lovecraft who fly through space on wings. There is a similarity there to certain personages.

Spoiler
    Show
    Specifically, the Masters. One destiny is joining them in flying to the sun to bring the Bazaar's message.

As for the Messenger:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seems to be another name for the Bazaar, or something in the Bazaar.

As for the weapon:
    When certain things rise from the Unterzee, there is an option to destroy them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    One entire line of destinies is about the Lorn-Flukes rising from the Unterzee. Options seem to include: giving them the power to defeat the bazaar and attack London, speaking to them about Mr. Eaten, who was drowned and seems t obe connected to them, bringing them a message from the Flukes of Flute Street, about the sky and, finally, sacrificing yourself and your zubmarine to destroy them once and for all. "Reducing them to elemental particles". It reminded me of nuclear weapons, the was it was phrased.

28. - Top - End - #268

I think I'll go for the random tattoo. If I can get the wines quickly enough. Too difficult to decide, otherwise.

Also, what story about me? It behoves not a gentleperson to spread stories about one's peers behind their back.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Also, what story about me? It behoves not a gentleperson to spread stories about one's peers behind their back.
    Well, shall we say...

My pupil Toomey has uncovered a singed playing-card beneath the so-called Exceptional Rose at the carnival.

I immediately made a supposition, for it seemed to greatly resemble the playing cards I have likewise noted were being distributed by a certain Doctor Blake...

...I have since instructed my pupil to investigate.

Also, RE: the Destinies...the bit about Lorn-Flukes is...vastly interesting. VASTLY. Mainly because I sank the Fate to get access to Flute Street. So...I've met the Flukes and know a bit about what they are, and their connection to the Rubberies...

30. - Top - End - #270

It says more about the Lorn-Flukes. And I also have Flute Street. Good investment.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Lorn-Flukes are the oldest and largest Flukes. And probably the most pure. Far older and larger than those of Flute Street. And very, very hostile to the Bazaar.