New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus:] Ignitis Academy I: Come to the Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The salute is really not needed, and Trucido scoffs at her as he walks. I'm not a military commander, child. Speaking of that... You don't appear to be in any sort of military at all, actually. What happened to you? Were you once some kind of warrior? Don't tell me you were a HALOite or something. He rolls his eyes as he passes forward into the main room. Do you know who I am? And where you are, really?
    My company was wiped out by enemy forces. I was a soldier.
    No, sir, I do not. I am aware this is an academy for training sith, sir. I know who with are.

She replies, following him.

I'm sorry.
    Natalia apologizes as she follows Skye and does as she is told
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Skye takes Natalia out to a circle that functions as an unobtrusive arena.
    "Now, it is like the blade you saw me use in the first training. You recall that?"
    The sith takes a few steps away, spins about, and suddenly hurls a bolt of black fire towards Natalia, to see her reactions. It will stop right before it harms her, but now Natalia doesn't know that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Skye takes Natalia out to a circle that functions as an unobtrusive arena.
    "Now, it is like the blade you saw me use in the first training. You recall that?"
    The sith takes a few steps away, spins about, and suddenly hurls a bolt of black fire towards Natalia, to see her reactions. It will stop right before it harms her, but now Natalia doesn't know that.
    Natalia nods.
    Then fire!
    Natalia meeps and bends backwards to avoid it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Trucido, if he's still able to sense her feeling, will feel sheer terror as she's choked by the unseen Force, followed by barely restrained anger as she falls to her knees after the choke is released and literally growls at him, "No, on both counts."
    Trucido will indeed be able to sense her feelings, taking gleeful interest in her fear and anger. Anger was good. Anger was the way to the Dark Side. This was exactly what she needed. I wield the Dark Side... A side of The Force. Evil began in a time before recorded history, when magicians made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The weak-minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this weakness—to make war. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole worlds and entire star systems. Those who mastered dark power became dark power. I offer this... And much more... You should fear me, child. Moving a little bit closer, he moves a hand forward, this time using the force to try and lift her into the air to face him. See? Struggle! Shake! You are powerless against what I wield, are you not! A wielder of the Dark Side can do all this and more... He'll then grin wider and move his arm a little bit, seeking to spin poor Therlynn around in a gentle circle before laughing at her finally and dropping her down on her back, leaving her there for sure now.

He'll walk away and continue to speak. Do you want this power? The power to dominate all others beneath you... The way I just humiliated you... How does that make you feel? Angry? Afraid? Both?!

----
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    My company was wiped out by enemy forces. I was a soldier.
    No, sir, I do not. I am aware this is an academy for training sith, sir. I know who with are.

She replies, following him.
    Trucido motions for her to follow him as he descends into the depths of the temple, moving into the firing range below. Obviously your company weren't very good soldiers, seeing as they died. How did you survive, I wonder... Did you run? Abandon the fight? He finally enters the area, before moving to lean against the wall. You sound more like the type to fire a blaster, not wield a lightsaber. You sound... expendable. He raises an eyebrow as he waits for her reply, obviously judging her.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Trucido wasn't quite paying close attention, and his mind instantly went to the tale of Darth Maul... who, according to some rather... contradictory texts discovered long ago, apparently lived for years despite his lack of a lower body through the use of a robotic lower body that resembled an arachnid's legs. However, he decides it'd be best not to remark upon it. This... alien being might just regularly have the strange chitinous armor at birth. He never knew with aliens. No? No, no, I'm fine. You just caught me unawares. Now, you said you wished to apply? Good, good. You've caught up right in time, for next week will be my initiate's first mission. You can join them, but you'll need to work to catch up. Follow. Trucido will then open the doors wider and begin to walk towards the insides of the academy, giving Nefila a tour. After he's done, he'll show her to her cot. As they approach, Calamity looks a tad.. bemused. These beds are meant for my more... humanoid acolytes. Tell me, do you require a special area of rest?
    She bows again, still probably smiling all the way as she is shown around. When she is shown to her bed area, she shakes her head. I need nothing more than a corner in which to spin my web. I will proceed in that---unless, of course, there are still things you would have me do. Unless you are already familiar with the Vaess, it might be prudent that I outline some of my capabilities to you.

She quickly demonstrates her possession of webs, her wrist-spurs, webdisks, throwing-needles, and last of all, voice mimicry. That one she demonstrates by repeating a few of Trucido's sentences to him in a near-perfect copy of his voice, and a fairly good imitation of his cadence and mannerisms.
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-04-10 at 10:39 AM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Trucido will indeed be able to sense her feelings, taking gleeful interest in her fear and anger. Anger was good. Anger was the way to the Dark Side. This was exactly what she needed. I wield the Dark Side... A side of The Force. Evil began in a time before recorded history, when magicians made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The weak-minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this weakness—to make war. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole worlds and entire star systems. Those who mastered dark power became dark power. I offer this... And much more... You should fear me, child. Moving a little bit closer, he moves a hand forward, this time using the force to try and lift her into the air to face him. See? Struggle! Shake! You are powerless against what I wield, are you not! A wielder of the Dark Side can do all this and more... He'll then grin wider and move his arm a little bit, seeking to spin poor Therlynn around in a gentle circle before laughing at her finally and dropping her down on her back, leaving her there for sure now.

He'll walk away and continue to speak. Do you want this power? The power to dominate all others beneath you... The way I just humiliated you... How does that make you feel? Angry? Afraid? Both?!
    Therlynn growls impotently as she is lifted and spun, but she doesn't struggle. When she's dropped on her back, she rolls back over and stands before saying, calmly, but with a slight, angry edge to her voice "I don't fear you. But this power...I need it. And if you can give it to me, then that alone is a reason to suffer you for every moment until I master it. I know you don't trust me...But until I am satisfied with my command of this 'Force' then I have no reason to leave here."

7. - Top - End - #247

Trucido motions for her to follow him as he descends into the depths of the temple, moving into the firing range below. Obviously your company weren't very good soldiers, seeing as they died. How did you survive, I wonder... Did you run? Abandon the fight? He finally enters the area, before moving to lean against the wall. You sound more like the type to fire a blaster, not wield a lightsaber. You sound... expendable. He raises an eyebrow as he waits for her reply, obviously judging her.
    I slaughtered them with mere glass shards.
    Shantelle replies, taking a long shard of glass, covered in blood, out of one of the pockets in her jacket.
    ]Sharp objects are my specialty. Guns are for the weak who dont have the strength to swing something hard enough to kill.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Lazaro half glares and half stares quizzically at Korwil, the stiff red canyon of deep gashes and waxy, bubbled burn wounds twitching and making his face into something reminiscent of a red spiderweb. Korwil knew this danger, and willingly risked not only his own life but that of those around him? He wasn't just a cripple, he was a fool. He had no place mastering the mysteries of the Force, no matter how great his raw power.

Still, though.

"Why would I kill you? You've done nothing to me. Not on purpose, anyways. You need to reel in that 'flux'."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #249

Natalia nods.
    Then fire!
    Natalia meeps and bends backwards to avoid it.
    "Good. That's just healthy caution. Tell me, Natalia, what you care about. What do you fear? What do you love, what makes you angry?" Skye holds out a hand to steady the apprentice, who looked like they were about to fall.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #250

"Good. That's just healthy caution. Tell me, Natalia, what you care about. What do you fear? What do you love, what makes you angry?" Skye holds out a hand to steady the apprentice, who looked like they were about to fall.
    Natalia manages to steady herself, standing up.
    I care about becoming useful to someone for once. I fear being helpless, dragons, and being useless. I love my family and friends, and am angered by loss , betrayal, and pain.
    Natalia replies with honesty.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #251

Oh good. At least this one has a sense of balance.

"We can help you with those. Passion is strength, but emotion can be turned to a weakness. Follow me."
    Skye will turn from the training room and back towards the infirmary, where she bids Natalia sit down on a medical table.
    "So long as you have the will to act, you are not useless, and we will see that you are not helpless. Dragons, though, why?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #252

Oh good. At least this one has a sense of balance.

"We can help you with those. Passion is strength, but emotion can be turned to a weakness. Follow me."
    Skye will turn from the training room and back towards the infirmary, where she bids Natalia sit down on a medical table.
    "So long as you have the will to act, you are not useless, and we will see that you are not helpless. Dragons, though, why?"
    Natalia does what she is told.
    Because they're ****ing terrifying. I almost got eaten by one as a kid, too.
    Natalia replies.
    ((I refuse to be forgotten
    Written off as less than worthless,))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #253

Skye chuckles. "That makes it a childish fear, no?"
    "I would like to try a procedure to help you be stronger. Strong such that you would not need to fear things like that. What do you say to that?" The lady's eyes sparkle with anticipation.

((Scream and cry, but none will hear you))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #254

Skye chuckles. "That makes it a childish fear, no?"
    "I would like to try a procedure to help you be stronger. Strong such that you would not need to fear things like that. What do you say to that?" The lady's eyes sparkle with anticipation.

((Scream and cry, but none will hear you))
    I accept the offer.
    Natalia replies, subconsciously bracing herself.

((Plead and beg but none will help you))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #255

[Infirmary]

"Excellent!" It's so much more fun when they've at least technically agreed to it. "To start, there is an injection. Slows your body down so the real work can be done. You are not afraid of needles, yes? Some people mind a great deal, just a tiny prick." There is a weighing of Natalia, then a measuring of her blood pressure, and then a measuring of medicine into a syringe, and then...prick.
    She should find everything fading to black.

((You no longer live as cattle. Will you rise and join the battle?))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #256

Post Re: [Nexus:] Ignitis Academy I: Come to the Dark Side.

[Infirmary]

"Excellent!" It's so much more fun when they've at least technically agreed to it. "To start, there is an injection. Slows your body down so the real work can be done. You are not afraid of needles, yes? Some people mind a great deal, just a tiny prick." There is a weighing of Natalia, then a measuring of her blood pressure, and then a measuring of medicine into a syringe, and then...prick.
    She should find everything fading to black.

((You no longer live as cattle. Will you rise and join the battle?))
    Natalia shakes her head.
    Then... stuff happens.

((There are beings that live off our fears))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTGElV-2GQk
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #257

Well, she's sedated, and then covered up, and then wheeled into the laboratory. A sample of blood is drawn, two clone-tanks fired up, and then the real work begins, of integrating dragon features into Natalia. After a while, Natalia is laid out on a bed, enmeshed in wires and tubes, surrounded by whooshing fluids and sealed metals canisters as Skye prepares everything.

And this isn't a place where Natalia can actually do very much, poor thing.

(And their words are like knives, as they play with our lives)
    ((Are you able to be on chat to discuss the results in a more quickly iterating manner?))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #258

Well, she's sedated, and then covered up, and then wheeled into the laboratory. A sample of blood is drawn, two clone-tanks fired up, and then the real work begins, of integrating dragon features into Natalia. After a while, Natalia is laid out on a bed, enmeshed in wires and tubes, surrounded by whooshing fluids and sealed metals canisters as Skye prepares everything.

And this isn't a place where Natalia can actually do very much, poor thing.

(And their words are like knives, as they play with our lives)
    ((Are you able to be on chat to discuss the results in a more quickly iterating manner?))
    ((Yep!))
    ((I feel this fits better right now))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #259

At length, Natalia should awake, back in the infirmary. Likely feeling quite poorly. She's lying on her side on an examination table, likely with aches and pains throughout her abdomen, blood pounding in her ears, skin overheated and itching, arms feeling weird and disconnected because they're picking up phantom sensations from the new-sprouting wings, throat parched, eyes tired and oversensitive, teeth gross, and just generally unwell.
    There is at least one Skye bent over and looking at her as she awakens. Though the image swims and shifts, it should eventually resolve into one Skye, looking concerned yet triumphant.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #260

At length, Natalia should awake, back in the infirmary. Likely feeling quite poorly. She's lying on her side on an examination table, likely with aches and pains throughout her abdomen, blood pounding in her ears, skin overheated and itching, arms feeling weird and disconnected because they're picking up phantom sensations from the new-sprouting wings, throat parched, eyes tired and oversensitive, teeth gross, and just generally unwell.
    There is at least one Skye bent over and looking at her as she awakens. Though the image swims and shifts, it should eventually resolve into one Skye, looking concerned yet triumphant.
    Natalia looks around dazedly, unwell, and just out of sorts.
    Skye... what happened?
    She asks, pain wracking her body.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #261

"You have been improved." Skye states proudly. Not made well, exactly, but improved.
    "This body of yours has been added from the powers and characteristics of a red dragon, and some of your more passive functions have been factored onto a new vegetative body stored outside. You should be able to locate it through your use of the force."
    Skye straightens up; she doesn't seem to be having any trouble with the changing teeth, that is good.
    "I would like you to describe your experiences. Once you are recovered from the operations themselves, there will be some tests. Need measure just how changed you are." She flashes Natalia a quick smile.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #262

"You have been improved." Skye states proudly. Not made well, exactly, but improved.
    "This body of yours has been added from the powers and characteristics of a red dragon, and some of your more passive functions have been factored onto a new vegetative body stored outside. You should be able to locate it through your use of the force."
    Skye straightens up; she doesn't seem to be having any trouble with the changing teeth, that is good.
    "I would like you to describe your experiences. Once you are recovered from the operations themselves, there will be some tests. Need measure just how changed you are." She flashes Natalia a quick smile.
    Natalia's eyes widen.
    Holy ****. May I see the results, please?
    Okay.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Halfling in the Playground

Training Hall

I realize I am an oddity, but I can assure you, he turns back to Lazaro, as if reading his thoughts, that I am only a danger to myself, as long as I can keep me staff...whole. In fact, Master Calamity, I would like to spar with you, now that I've had a chance to recover, but this time using my own weapon. He indicates his walking stick, the force permeated hunk of polished wood in his hand. All I want is control of myself, and the Jedi were afraid of my power, so I came to the only place I thought could help. He seems much more confident now that his body seems to be fully solid and not likely to evaporate any time soon.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

Natalia's eyes widen.
    Holy ****. May I see the results, please?
    Okay.
    Skye looks around before finding a mirror, and positioning it to show Natalia her whole self. She looks as you know she will, though not yet there. Her teeth are still lengthening, her wings are just long, branching nubs, her scales a mere suggested pattern on her skin.
    "Take your time to look. Speech recovered quickly. Very good."
    Skye takes a note down on a clipboard that she snatches up off a table.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #265

Skye looks around before finding a mirror, and positioning it to show Natalia her whole self. She looks as you know she will, though not yet there. Her teeth are still lengthening, her wings are just long, branching nubs, her scales a mere suggested pattern on her skin.
    "Take your time to look. Speech recovered quickly. Very good."
    Skye takes a note down on a clipboard that she snatches up off a table.
    Natalia looks for a long time, amazed. The scales cover the skin above her bones on her torso andhalfway down her forearm, circling her face.
    "Wow."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #266

"Still growing into changes now, but will be even better as time goes on." Skye rolls the mirror away and takes a seat on a stool, bringing it up near Natalia.
    "Opinion on yourself other than surprise? Any pains you do not expect?" Something could always have gone wrong, and it will be interesting to introduce Natalia to a dragon afterwards.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #267

"Still growing into changes now, but will be even better as time goes on." Skye rolls the mirror away and takes a seat on a stool, bringing it up near Natalia.
    "Opinion on yourself other than surprise? Any pains you do not expect?" Something could always have gone wrong, and it will be interesting to introduce Natalia to a dragon afterwards.
    Amazement and admittedly a bit of terror. Nothing really, to be honest.
    Natalia replies, attempting to get up and stand.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Skye scribbles another note. "Terror at what you are, or at how much you have changed?"
    She watches the attempt to move with interest. A strong spirit when motivated, if timid. It's fairly likely that Natalia's legs will fail her and she'll fall, even though they had relatively few changes. Her reaction to that would be intriguing too.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #269

Skye scribbles another note. "Terror at what you are, or at how much you have changed?"
    She watches the attempt to move with interest. A strong spirit when motivated, if timid. It's fairly likely that Natalia's legs will fail her and she'll fall, even though they had relatively few changes. Her reaction to that would be intriguing too.
    the first one.
    She replies, and falls down, managing not to cry out in pain!
    She tries to get up.
    And fails aa couple times
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Skye writes this down, timing carefully how quickly Natalia makes each attempt.
    "Go on. It will be difficult, but you can do it. Move quickly, and rebalance once standing."
    She feels a little bad watching her fall, but not bad enough to compromise her data.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine