New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Game of Gods

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default A Game of Gods

The Gods were born into nothing, from the remains of an ancient god, maker of all that is (not much admittedly). And they opened their eyes (or other sensory organs) and it began.
    Vincent Omnia Veritas
    Bandwagon Leader of the Hinjo Fanclub

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: A Game of Gods

Meer-dar cracked his knuckles, his first action of existence. Where was he? Who was he? Meer-dar was the only word burned into his mind. But with it... came pain. Came punishment, came destruction. The God raised his mighty arms, and within his palm a weapon of destruction was granted to him. A bloody maul. A weapon used purely to extend the pain of his soon-to-be massacred enemies. Yet, as of now, he had none! What a travesty! Until he say him. Ithasna.

He could not explain what he felt... just hatred. Pure utter hatred. He wished nothing more than the near destruction of this being... and for his pain to be endless.
    "Foul Being, You dare defy me with your presence?!"
    His words sounded rightous, as if he believed that this Immortal was a stain within his holy temple!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Slowly, Ithasna's eyes opened. He looked about, a blanket of confusion cast over his mind. Ponderously he stretched his icy gray limbs, and looked down, surveying his body for the first time. He was clad in plate mail, its color a cobalt blue. Whether he had been made with it or had willed it into existence without thinking, he could not tell. He reached behind his back and found a large weapon strapped to him there, which he drew and held before him. It was a great axe of god-like proportions. A chill aura that could freeze a mortal in his tracks hung about it, though Ithasna barely felt it. He realized that a similar aura radiated from his entire body. With a thought, he realized he could make it colder or less so, though no matter what the air around him would have a slightly frigid tinge to it.

Suddenly, he became aware of a shout ringing out in front of him. "Foul Being, you dare defy me with your presence?!" Ithasna looked about for the source of the shout, and his eyes fell upon Meer-Dar. The taint of evil seemed to radiate from the ogrish being. The icy god's face twisted into a snarl of hate. He did not know why, but for some reason, this being inspired boundless hate from the depths of his being.

Ithasna dropped into a fighting stance, his great axe held out before him. "Ha, you call me foul, evil one? I shall remove your blot on existence soon!"
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Tip

The entity that would later be known as Tip laughed. This would've been regarded by historians as the first laugh ever, but unfortunatly, historians had not yet been create. In fact, neither had history. But Tip intended to create history, and he intended to create it in very interesting ways.

Tip became aware that he existed. It was a strange feeling. For some reason, it made Tip want to laugh again. So he did. He didn't know why, or what it meant, but laughing just made him feel...good. It was like his life finally had a purpose. Well, finally being a relative term, as he had only been born just a few seconds before.

The entity laughed. He felt the need to give—to create. This only desire burned in him, burned and burned, burned so much it made him laugh.

So the entity laughed.

The entity knew it needed to create something. And it had an idea. It would've been generally regarded as a bad idea if anyone else knew of it at the time, but the entity known as Tip was not one who conerned itself with such minor details such as 'good' and 'bad.'

And thus, Tip brought into the world the first knock knock joke. The voice of the entity rang out amidst the void:

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Tip!"

"Tip who?"

"Tip the god!"

And from that point on, the entity was known as Tip.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2007-01-28 at 06:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Greetings Tip." Valkrath thundered. "I can see that you are the very first joker of the Cosmos." Thunder God smiled. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Valkrath. The Noble King. The White Archmage and Soul Mystic. I was wondering if I could perhaps have a word with you."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Lar was born as what appeared to be a large fire. this fire took the shape off a flaming man. He didnt know who or what he was, only that he liked the form he was in. He felt power and with this power he willed into existance several smaller objects that looked like his first form, a large fire. he cirled himself with these at a distace of twice his current reach. just then he hears tips joke, he couldnt figure out why but he found it mildly amusing and moved toward the joke. he spotted tip, who just seemed like he would have done something like that. He moved toward and asked "was that, whatever it was that amusing thing was, your doing?"
    Last edited by deepdweller; 2007-01-28 at 07:35 PM.

Thog power attack for 1d12+567 damage!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"So sorry to come so abruptly and leave at such short notice, but I need to go." ::Valkrath leaves and creates a star, he calls the Sun. Then he creates a field of energy called The Warp. With the Warp he manifests into being a sort of field to be used by mortal divine casters outside of the god's priesthood, so that there may be priests without gods. The Warp would also gradually create the conditions needed for life.::
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2007-01-28 at 08:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Realizing that having a fight in the empty void would be somewhat difficult, Ithasna created a small are of dull, colorless ground beneath his feet, that extended outward for about fifty feet. The ground was in the shape of a circle, and is completely flat and level. He briefly looked about in a satisfied manner, then turned back to Meer-Dar.

"And this is the arena I shall slay you in. Have at you!"

With this, Ithasna charged Meer-Dar, his great axe held high above his head and a ferocious battle cry upon his lips.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

9. - Top - End - #9

Planetar

(Dude. Killing each other already?)
    Vincent Omnia Veritas

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

(Duncan and I planned this out...it'll make sense later.)
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Out of the Earth created by Ithasna, a short, muscled being formed. First arms grew from the earth, then a head and legs. What soil remained was shaken loose by the man. Taking the loose earth in his mighty grip, he formed it into a small, perfect sphere, and then shaped for it two heads and long handle, forming for himself a weapon and a tool. He then brought forth from the void a giant forge and bellows, eternally burning to forge metal with. In an instant that lasted forever, he made material and forged it into another perfect sphere, larger than the one he made his hammer from. Into this sphere he placed metals of all sorts, iron and adamantine and mithril and cold iron alike, as well as gold, silver, copper, and platinum. He shaped the landscape as well, though he was unable to fill it, leaving large areas lower than the rest to be filled with water or the like. Standing back from his work, he moved it away from his forge and into the center of the void, and nodded. at his work. Placing the Greathammer at his shoulder, he announced, "I am Grufad, and the world has been created. I leave it to the rest of you, good or evil, anarchic or axiomatic, to fill the rest. Know, however, that I will book no interferance with my creation's well being."
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

Siggies by Dr. Bath. Avatar by Dr. Bath. Thanks a bundle, guys!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Zitask came into being directly after Ithasna had created a meaning of Ground. She looked around and decided this place needed a more, Bloody touch, seeing the two gods battleing, she smiled and realized that this was what she was looking for. As the two gods battled, Zitask walked over to Valkrath and sees his potential. She "walks" over to him. "Hello, I believe my name is 'Zitask'. That was an interesting trick you did. I would like to learn how to create as well, if it's not to hard for you..." Her red dress temporarily frozen in time, since there is no gravity or wind to move it, it hangs about 1-foot away from her Ankles. Zitask grins at her first attempt to fool a creature. She then smiles and puts her hands behind her back, placing her hand upon one of her daggers, should this other creature prove dangerous.
    Awesome Avatar by Tomb_Raven
    "Your Joy brings me pain... because your idea of 'joy' is stabbing me with a 2d4+2 dmg Dagger..."

Dming in Behind Enemy Lines

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Zitask." "Should you promise to reciprocate me and not attack my realm I may." This was odd. He knew at an instant Zitask was trouble. He kept an eye on her.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

"Have no worries! I will not attack you nor your 'Realm'. I simply wish to create my own world, so I won't have to live off of yours or anyone elses. But, Should the Realm itself attack you, I have no control of it." Zitask obviously has no idea of what a Realm is, she believes it to be a living Creature, like herself.
    "Your Joy brings me pain... because your idea of 'joy' is stabbing me with a 2d4+2 dmg Dagger..."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Ah. So Zitask, it seems you are a sort of naughty creature. First, perhaps you should concentrate one what you do best in a nice way. Then, you can make things better."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Tip

Tip glances over at the other god who asked him a question. "I call it a...mistake!"

And thus, the first joke was dubbed a mistake.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Zitesk closes her eyes and concentrates on a spot next to her, trying to mold the nothingness into something, after a few moments, she creates a Black Long Bow and a Quiver of Arrows. "Not Quite what I hoped for. But I guess it's a start." Zitask Inspects the Bow and places it around her neck, hanging from her shoulder, then she places the quiver upon her belt.

((OOC: I am going to sleep now, see you all when I cpme out of my nightly coma!))

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Tip

The entity known as Tip yawned. The entity known as Tip was bored. This made Tip laugh. Really, everything seemed to make Tip laugh. "This thing...I call it...sneezing!"

And thus, the world's first laughter was dubbed as sneezing. Tip sneezed.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Watching his foe simply will matter into existance, the God saught to mimic his foes trickery. Concentrating on his weapon, the head of the maul began to grow to epic porportions! Slowly swinging his weapon overhead, the reaction of the metal hitting the hard ground caused a shockwave towards his charging enemy!

"You have no place here, Scum! This is my dwelling! I will create my kingdom!"

And with that, behind the God, a vast plane of volcanic land burst into vision.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grufad looked at this display of temper. Hefting his Greathammer, he willed it full of strenght. Tossing it not at Meer-Dar, but instead at the landscape behind him, the hammer smashed shut the worst volcanoes and smoothed the landscape where it needed it. The Greathammer flew back to Grufad, who caught it deftly. "There is no need for such a show of temper. We all must work together, no matter our opinions, or whatever we may create will be flawed and full of strife."
    Last edited by ilovefire; 2007-01-29 at 09:49 PM.
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Lar, noticeing the ground and the other gods claiming portions of it as their domain, moves away from tip, he finds funny but strange, to a clear section of ground. using his will he creates an irregular depression in the land. his creations circling him expand and line the depression. he decides to name his creation and the first thing that pops into his head is fire. In the center of his depresion he creates a circle of fire which he sits on. soon he gets bored and decides to watch Meer-dar and Ithasna fight. He sits above the ground on a disc of fire to watch the battle, and also to watch the other gods.

Thog power attack for 1d12+567 damage!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

The shockwave caught Ithasna by surprise, knocking him down. Thinking quickly, he threw an icy wind with the force of a gale at Meer-Dar to cover him as he stood up. Leaping to his feet, he glanced over at Meer-Dar and shouted "We will set this another time…" His face dawned with realization, and he added "…half-brother." With this, he ran off, heading northwards.

Eventually Ithasna reached the northernmost portions of the world. It was incredibly cold there, but the cold strengthened him. He realized already that this would be his domain. With a flick of his hand, a rock sprang from the ground, which he sat upon. Ithasna began to think. He couldn't tell how he knew, or why they were related, but Ithasna knew Meer-Dar and himself were half-brothers, of sorts. The thought repulsed him, but he knew that it was the truth.

"If I am to fight him, I must be strong…" Ithasna muttered to himself, lost in thought. "And if I am to be strong, I must expand the influence of that which I rule over. Such as ice and snow."

At this statement, all over the world, storm clouds began to gather.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Finally, animals and plants began to grow. Plants were then eaten by the animals, and so far, the first sentient being was created the Unicorn. The animals all obeyed the magnificent unicorn, and much was good. The forests flourished and prospered, and much was done in the name of happiness.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grufad saw much happening on the surface, but little underground. So under it he delved, creating the first bipedal creatures: Dwarves and Gnomes, and Duergar and Svirneflbin. He united them with a purpose: strike the earth and iron. Created from the Earth itself, he gave them the knowledge of the Forge. The Duergar and the Svirneflbin, however, were greedy things, and wished the lands Grufad had granted to the Dwarves and Gnomes, and turned the Iron and Adamantine and Mithril to use of war. Grufad, despite all patience, grew weary and angered at this war, but let it play it's course without his intercession except to grant to the dwarves knowledge of how to draw power from him. The gnomes developed a similiar creation, but it was markedly different as it relyed on the power of the Earth, not of any deity. The Duergar and Svirnelfbin eventually lost, and were banished to the lowest parts of the world. This of course, took many ages to truely finish.
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Valkrath went to Grufad in peace, hoping to grab his attention. He had an idea. "Grufad, would you allow me to grant your creations access to the Warp?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The Warp? I have not heard of such. I may allow, but first I must ask you explain to me what this Warp is," Grufad speaks to Valkrath after his approach.
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"The Warp is a source of White Magic that allows a civilization to advance. Your dwarven people can tap into it in order to cast magical spells. Should you take to liking those that don't worship you, I will grant them the power to use spells like a priest if you fail to convert them and still like them after that."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

As Meer-dar watched the other gods creations, he birthed his own sentience! Twisted forms of each of the other gods people! The formed into distorted versions of their former selves... they were immune to fire, or at least used to it, as they lived within Meer-dar's volcanic fields.

29. - Top - End - #29

Planetar

(I'm gonna assume you gave the mortals souls... Otherwise there will be a long tirade on just how unjust that is.)

Slowly the dead begin to pile up. More and more dead are wandering around the world, rather bored, and unable to effect anything. This causes more then a few of them to go rather insane. Not that it matters of course. Well okay, they might attack say another spirit, but as I said, it is rather boring.

(Dispose/remove the mortals as you will.)
    Vincent Omnia Veritas

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Away in nothingness, a few strands of the ancient god meet, wrapping around each other and forming a small knot. And from that knot, a sentience forms, taking a more humanoid form that slips from the knot.

Drawing from his birth-knot, Slanil draws out threads. As he gathers the threads, he senses the presence of other divine beings.

He began to near the others, bringing his threads together until they formed a long string, with many others branching off it.