New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 3: You always need one more Dub-Myth

Extreme dragon rush is hard. Expert is fine, but moving up to master quickly enters "this isn't happening" territory. I think when Levi brings Luci back online I'll try quad HP leads, 3x RK, and... I dunno. Poison won't work, static damage won't work, and armor break with on 2x dark attack leaves me vulnerable to "I have a quarter of my million hp so now I keel joo mang".

Man. Suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

I'm personally opting out of Extreme Rush, I'm putting everything I have into improving upon my Kirin team to run the upcoming twinlits.

On a side note, I'll put luci up now!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Extreme dragon rush is hard. Expert is fine, but moving up to master quickly enters "this isn't happening" territory. I think when Levi brings Luci back online I'll try quad HP leads, 3x RK, and... I dunno. Poison won't work, static damage won't work, and armor break with on 2x dark attack leaves me vulnerable to "I have a quarter of my million hp so now I keel joo mang".

Man. Suggestions?
    I just took Lucifer into EDR Master. Oof!

Was able to grind away merrily against Hideyoshi and Nebradisk, took out Laphroaig with a Morning Star before he could bind me, had to gravity/star Adamant because his defence was way too high for me...

And then died to a preemptive attack from Pterados. XD

Seeing as how I didn't even get any drops, I figured I'd leave it there.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
    I'm personally opting out of Extreme Rush, I'm putting everything I have into improving upon my Kirin team to run the upcoming twinlits.

On a side note, I'll put luci up now!
    I might try again (with vampire over batman because vampire doesn't suck and I won't heal back from a 1-count 34,000 anyway), but I tried with 4x hp, poison and defense break. About the time I got to Antikythera and saw the pre-emotive shield and then took several 11kish hits in a row with no hearts? Didn't have a chance.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I ran extreme dragon rush 5 times today, the first 2 runs I got D'spinas to drop as the end boss on both accounts and nothing since then. I already had him on both accounts too, at least it is final evo version so I can go straight to awakening. All on expert mode, which is really easy. But if SiuiS is having trouble on Master I'm not even going to try.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Well I ran extreme dragon rush 5 times today, the first 2 runs I got D'spinas to drop as the end boss on both accounts and nothing since then. I already had him on both accounts too, at least it is final evo version so I can go straight to awakening. All on expert mode, which is really easy. But if SiuiS is having trouble on Master I'm not even going to try.
    I hate you with a jealous passion XD

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I got another water monster(Shardran) and Freyja. Wish it had been Bastet, but Frejya still has uses, so I'm content ^^ Shardran will be a side project to finish, solely for the dual resists, nothing I"m going to concentrate on right now.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

One roll because why not. Red Sonia. That'll do, REM. That'll do.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    One roll because why not. Red Sonia. That'll do, REM. That'll do.
    O.O

Yep.

I pulled 5 times. 3 gold, but first was Vritra. Again. The second was I&I, which I'm stoked about since I finally have a better monoblue god now. The third was ... I&I.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Wondering if I could manage to complete 5 full challenge dungeons before tomorrow night, lol. Would like to try for one of the Egyptian gods(again, Isis or Bastet most preferably).

Actually, a question: Is Anubis good for tri-color dungeons? I mean, he himself would put out NO damage, but given the high frequency of 10+ combos due to massive cascades in tri-colors, it seems like dual Anubis with 4 strong red/blue/green creatures(or better yet, dual color for all 4) could be incredibly powerful.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

So of course I couldn't resist pulling, and I haven't gotten any gods. I did get Hatsume no Tsubone tho; is she worth leveling? I have 2 king sapphire dragons and 8 evolved blue pengdras ready to feed, so I can max her out immediately (need 2 divine indigo masks to evo her tho).

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    So of course I couldn't resist pulling, and I haven't gotten any gods. I did get Hatsume no Tsubone tho; is she worth leveling? I have 2 king sapphire dragons and 8 evolved blue pengdras ready to feed, so I can max her out immediately (need 2 divine indigo masks to evo her tho).
    I was just looking at Hatsume the other day when I was considering(and did) rolling during the Water Carnival. She's actually a GREAT pairing with L.Meta due to giving 1.5x to HP/ATK/RCV. A healer girl team is already going to have wickedly high RCV, a 1.5x modifier to it is likely going to make it so a single 1x3 Heart orb will restore 5-7k HP. To be honest, Hatsume was my third most hoped for roll, behind Isis and the god I did get, I&I.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-02-16 at 05:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

The spoils of today's Godfest are:

Tiamat
    Isis
    Mystic Dark Knight
    Loki
    Gryps Rider Finn
    Vampire
    Thanatos

Well I'm very happy with Loki, Isis is cool, even though I doubt she'll see much use since I have Horus, and I can keep Thanatos for low cost dungeons. Are Tiamat or Finn any good?

Still no Bastet, but overall a good fest. I think I won't roll during Dark carnival anymore though. I have plenty of dark monsters now.

Special thanks to SiuiS, who paid for most of the stones I used. :3
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Actually, a question: Is Anubis good for tri-color dungeons? I mean, he himself would put out NO damage, but given the high frequency of 10+ combos due to massive cascades in tri-colors, it seems like dual Anubis with 4 strong red/blue/green creatures(or better yet, dual color for all 4) could be incredibly powerful.
    Oh yes. Especially his Dark/Light form, at which point he's Super Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    Yep, she's good especially if you have the right monocolor team. I wish I had some high ninjas...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    The spoils of today's Godfest are:

Tiamat
    Isis
    Mystic Dark Knight
    Loki
    Gryps Rider Finn
    Vampire
    Thanatos

Well I'm very happy with Loki, Isis is cool, even though I doubt she'll see much use since I have Horus, and I can keep Thanatos for low cost dungeons. Are Tiamat or Finn any good?

Still no Bastet, but overall a good fest. I think I won't roll during Dark carnival anymore though. I have plenty of dark monsters now.

Special thanks to SiuiS, who paid for most of the stones I used. :3
    Nice!!

Give Isis a try; she's easier than Horus for lazyfarming.

Loki is awesome for monodark, especially with a few Awakenings.

Finn ... keep him, definitely. If you get Dark Metatron, you'll be thrilled. He's good on monodark, too, again with awakenings.

Tiamat is ... well, (broken record time) she has two more dark row enhance awakenings. So you're looking at a killer monodark team.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Woo!

Today was a good day. :)

Did one REM pull and got Ra, and then ran Twinlits (albeit with a few stones too many) and got two Angelits! So now I've got my F/L Horus at last. :)

ID: 336,591,221
    Last edited by Marade; 2014-02-16 at 11:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

I got some good pulls. Vritra and angle and shandron on the horus account. Yes the angel I've been waiting forever for. And the last of the RGB toy dragons. Vritra is who I needed someone else with to run with horus, but he'll make a good leader on his own.

I&I and Thanatos on the other. At least it was the final form of Thanatos, so that saves some effort. And I can make a reasonable mono blue team now, especially with the snow globe on the other account.

So not exactly what I wanted but pretty good. Disappointed no one managed to pull Bastet.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Ahh, I love Metal Dragon Dungeon on a x2 King day. Fed 3 kings to Lucifer and got a Great! level 45 to 54.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Nice!!

Give Isis a try; she's easier than Horus for lazyfarming.

Loki is awesome for monodark, especially with a few Awakenings.

Finn ... keep him, definitely. If you get Dark Metatron, you'll be thrilled. He's good on monodark, too, again with awakenings.

Tiamat is ... well, (broken record time) she has two more dark row enhance awakenings. So you're looking at a killer monodark team.
    Mono-dark was always going to be my best mono team, now it will be so much better. I mean, I'm now looking at, what, 5 dark row awakenings?

Hey! I now have a use for all those Tamadras!

Quote Originally Posted by Marade View Post
    Woo!

Today was a good day. :)

Did one REM pull and got Ra, and then ran Twinlits (albeit with a few stones too many) and got two Angelits! So now I've got my F/L Horus at last. :)

ID: 336,591,221
    Welcome and congrats! What team did you take against Twinlits?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Welcome and congrats! What team did you take against Twinlits?
    I ran:

Horus
    B/L Valk
    Susano no Mikoto
    Hera
    Orochi
    F/F horus

Had to use a few stones on the Twinlits due to not quite enough burst.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I pulled the REM handle a few times. Picked up an Isis on my Genbu account and an Odin on my Haku account. Next to what will be my dragon team, Isis doesn't look that useful, especially given the current overlap in the team members. Odin I wish I had gotten on the other account, but I'll just stick him in as a friend when I want to side him in, so no big deal.

I also received a Fairlion, Toyceratops, Machine Golem II and a Basilisk. Are any of these worthwhile?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

Gave the one armed bandit a pull.

Got a dark golem.

Yaaaaaay.

E: you have a Fairlion? I hate you with jealousy beyond knowing.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2014-02-16 at 03:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

E: you have a Fairlion? I hate you with jealousy beyond knowing.
    Haha, is it any good, or do you just want to collect it? It doesn't seem to stand up next to the much easier to get (and my already leveled) Holy Dragon.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aramul View Post
    Haha, is it any good, or do you just want to collect it? It doesn't seem to stand up next to the much easier to get (and my already leveled) Holy Dragon.
    Heart maker and its final evo gains Healer type, which makes it a valuable member in Light teams and Healer teams. Also resist leader, which is a niche skill but really valuable when it applies. All of the toy dragons are like that- don't get rid of any of them.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2014-02-16 at 03:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aramul View Post
    Farlion is a healer type heart maker in LG at max Evo, that when combined with Metatron (LL healer), Valkyrie (LG heart breaker), king shynee (L healer) and either echidna (RR healer with high attack) or Venus (LL healer with change the world), and another Metatron or Valkyrie as friend leader, I can take my 10.5x minimum multiplier, use king shynee to boost that to minimum 31x damage and turn the entire board into light for a possible 5 million damage spike.

I want fairlio so bad I blew fifteen stones off godfest during Heaven's Gala because I need him to make my team work at all. I am honestly and legitimately envious of the advances you've made towards high-end content teams.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Alright I need somebody good at math. I ran twinlits and way overshot on myths (I'm actually not sure how to take them out, which is why I need somebody good at math!)

http://i.imgur.com/wJ3PbWZ.jpeg
    along with friend Bastet
    hp:2992
    atk:1108
    rcu:682

I realized that I have a minimum of 8 attacks on a kirin combo. The floor is composed of 3 mythlits (hp: 75900), Rubylit (hp:16484), Sapphilit (hp:17111), Emelit (hp:17733), and topalit (hp:18356).

If I hit a perfect 3x4 Kirin combo, I'm going to have 8 attacks which I fear will destroy the entire floor (or will it leave one left?) So I guess the question is, do I have any chance of killing 2 mythlits and the other 4 various lits? I assume it would all come down to board luck, which I hate to rely on.
    Last edited by Levictus; 2014-02-16 at 04:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright I need somebody good at math. I ran twinlits and way overshot on myths (I'm actually not sure how to take them out, which is why I need somebody good at math!)

http://i.imgur.com/wJ3PbWZ.jpeg
    along with friend Bastet
    hp:2992
    rcu:682

I realized that I have a minimum of 8 attacks on a kirin combo. The floor is composed of 3 mythlits (hp: 75900), Rubylit (hp:16484), Sapphilit (hp:17111), Emelit (hp:17733), and topalit (hp:18356).

If I hit a perfect 3x4 Kirin combo, I'm going to have 8 attacks which I fear will destroy the entire floor (or will it leave one left?) So I guess the question is, do I have any chance of killing 2 mythlits and the other 4 various lits? I assume it would all come down to board luck, which I hate to rely on.
    Your total multiplier is 5 (kirin) * 2.5 (bastet) * 1.75 (4 combo) = 21.875

Your four non-light main attacks should easily clear the four non-mythlits. You have 2 light attacks and 2 sub attacks going at the 3 mythlits. The subs do 8347.5 wood and 7560 fire, not enough to clear the Sapphilit or the Emelit alone, and not enough to make a dent on the Mythlits. Your light attacks do 28940 and 25200, pre-elemental weakness. Neither is enough to kill a Mythlit alone.

You should end up with 2 remaining Mythlits with a basic 3x4. Much more could cause your sub elements to overwhelm the basic lits and move several extra attacks to the Mythlits.

That is, assuming I did the math right.

Edit: Missed Lilith not attacking. Jasmine, below, is correct.
    Last edited by Aramul; 2014-02-16 at 04:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

friend Bastet
    The floor is composed of 3 mythlits (hp: 75900), Rubylit (hp:16484), Sapphilit (hp:17111), Emelit (hp:17733), and topalit (hp:18356).
    5*2.5*1.75 = 21.875x
    =28940 light kirin
    25200 light valk
    7560 green valk
    17959 red echidna
    0 dark lilith (no dark match)
    27925 blue sieg
    8347 red sieg
    25237 green bastet
    7271 light bastet

Firing with AI, Kirin + Valk will kill 1 myth, Valk will injure the blue, Echidna will kill the green, Lilith will not attack, sieg will kill the red and finish the blue, bastet will kill the light and ping a myth. You should have 1 full myth and 1 myth at 3/4 health remaining.

Did you do the minimum 4 combo and still overshot? I don't think I did anything wrong :\

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Did you do the minimum 4 combo and still overshot? I don't think I did anything wrong :\
    Nah, there was an extra dark combo and a skyfall that screwed up my run this morning, I suppose I was just panicing about the run I'm about to do in about an hour and a half.

I guess my followup, would an extra heart combo help to clear all but one myth? or would it annhilate?

*sorry for my inability to do the maths
    Last edited by Levictus; 2014-02-16 at 05:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nah, there was an extra dark combo and a skyfall that screwed up my run this morning, I suppose I was just panicing about the run I'm about to do in about an hour and a half.

I guess my followup, would an extra heart combo help to clear all but one myth? or would it annhilate?
    Valk would sub kill the blue, but sieg sub will end up hitting the light instead of finishing the blue, but Bastet would finish light off regardless of siegs help. Only difference would be 9971 light damage to one of the remaining myths instead of 7271.

You had a dark AND more cascades right? 1 match of 5 colors should be perfect - leftover damage is sieg sub red, and both of bastets attacks, which should be just enough to leave only 1 myth alive. Having a Ra-able board, on the other hand...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

So my other account only needed 1 more stone for another pull and I had one challenge mode dungeon that only needed 1 more clear. It was a 5 stamina dungeon and I had 5 stamina left. I realized after I got done that I had forgot to enter it in challenge mode...
    Oh well, still plenty of time to do it later.

The dragon plant invade was nice, but obviously the way it works the account that I had plenty of plants but need a lot of seeds (I could use 8 more right now) got a lot more plants.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

Dragon plant invade? Dang! I lost the notice in the alert metal dragon ones...

And I haven't prepared for Hera-is at all... Sigh. I would like to try storming the castle with Metatron, but I don't have the sheer output for it yet. I would have to bring siren and a drops, and that's just not working. Byakko team hasn't moved because it needs Hera-is, too, and there's no way to turtle through because I don't have my own lucifer.

Ah well. She'll be back. And I'll be ready. Eventually.