New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus/Town] The Ethereal Plane III

[The Visitor]

The messenger nods and vanishes in a flash of light.

[Aurum]

Fenrich sighs and shakes his head

I hadn't managed to visit most of the newer places in the Nexus. I guess my old Town became part of a city now called "Inside", and I went to a new year's party but it wasn't very interesting. What's Riverside like?

My home world is still there, and we don't have much trouble contacting them but I don't really have any place there anymore.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-02-26 at 10:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [The Visitor]

The messenger nods and vanishes in a flash of light.

[Aurum]

Fenrich sighs and shakes his head

I hadn't managed to visit most of the newer places in the Nexus. I guess my old Town became part of a city now called "Inside", and I went to a new year's party but it wasn't very interesting. What's Riverside like?

My home world is still there, and we don't have much trouble contacting them but I don't really have any place there anymore.
    Aurum gives an accurate description!
    Ah.
    He says awkwardly.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Crew of the Goodship Deadship

The hoplites deadpan at the joke, not appreciating the humor. However, at the mention of the Grecian terror, understanding dawns on their faces. Now they understood what they had dealt with, to some degree. Agathon gratefully accepts Leah's offer, describing the ship they fought against, its captain, and what their own Captain Dekaros looked like. )(All or most of which is in the Seaside thread)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Crew of the Goodship Deadship (Allies into death)

A single Virate appears. The Virate sees his now dead allies, and dashes over. (This is not any named Virate yet, just one that died somehow.)
    Allies! I have found you again! What is this place?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

[Aurum]

Fenric shrugs

It's no big deal, my time there was done.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Crew]

Leah nods and listens carefully to Agathon's information.
    "I will try to send him on after you."
    With that, she flickers like a candle-light and vanishes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #37

Crew

Thank you, how ever can we repay you?
    Aye, you are doing us a great service. We are forever in your debt.

[Quest Update!] Kill Captain Dekaros. Rewards: Ability to summon The Captain, 12 Hoplites, and 10 Cretan archers.

Well, nothing to do for these guys but wait. They had no special gear, but at the same time, weapons seem slightly superfluous...so I'll say they'll keep their clothes and armor, and regain their weapons whenever summoned/resurrected.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Crew of the Goodship Deadship (Allies into death)

A single Virate appears. The Virate sees his now dead allies, and dashes over. (This is not any named Virate yet, just one that died somehow.)
    Allies! I have found you again! What is this place?
    Seeing that he was not heard, the Virate coughs a little trying to get attention. Hello, friends. Says the single Virate.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Fenric tries to get a refill of his drink with something other than tequila, but that's all there is.

Kinda tired of cactus-juice to be honest. I wonder if that's how you end up forced to go through the portal... desperation for something other than fermented agave juice...

10. - Top - End - #40

Agathon replies to the Virate, while a different hoplite keeps Fenric company. The rest spread out to survey the land.
    My friend and ally, what brings you to this place? Please, drink. He offers a glass of tequila to the man, a smile on his face.
    Well Fenric, I suppose after enough time, I may feel similarly, but for now, I have not tasted this drink before. It is interesting, to say the least. He says, knocking back a shot. (I don't drink, I'm not sure how you're supposed to take tequila outside of a margarita)
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The virate takes a long, hearty drink. One second we were by your side, the next we were not. It was a large surprise for use, and we saw a storm coming. Oh the storm! It was horrible. From what I can see, though, I am the only one who died. That is good.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

(( Shots if its cheap crap and you're trying to get drunk. A snifter just like brandy or good scotch if it is high quality. Margaritas and a few other mixed drinks otherwise. ))

Fenric nods

It's always nicer if something is new. I'm just a little surprised they haven't called me back, yet...

13. - Top - End - #43

Well, I doubt heaven has cheap tequila, so taking shots isn't likely. Shows what I know.
    The Hoplite watches the virate drink with a glint of admiration in his eyes. That is indeed mixed news. I do not know how I would feel, knowing I was dead and separated from my comrades, but reassured that I was the only one who met such an end. Our ship was turn asunder, and in a final effort, the captain lit the ship on fire. Not that it did any good.

Indeed it is. My fox friend, I'm sure you will be sent for soon. How many times have you been here?

On the bright side. Dekaros is here. Though he's remaining quiet, slightly ashamed of losing the ship and crew to a bunch of demons.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44

A bunch of assorted sailors appear!
    Sup?
    Well, that sucked.
    Pun intended?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-08 at 11:47 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Cold. So.... Cold...

The last thing he remembered was the vision of a large gate before him... gold, ivory, and silver... magnificent in it's splendor. He recalled reaching out for it, wanting nothing more than to enter and have the pain disappear. His strength had failed him, and his arm fell limp and broken a mere foot away form the door. Then his eyes grew so heavy... and everything went black and cold.

For a long while there was nothing. Just a constant dull gray mist. Surrounding him, enveloping him, obscuring his vision. No form, no shape, no thought... Just dull existence. Doldrums... However, then everything changed. He had found a path in the mist, thin and long, stretching for miles ahead. He followed it for what seemed like ages upon ages...

Time passed. He was forgotten. Life moved forward.

Then, finally... after what he perceived after an eternity of travelling... He arrived. He entered the area, and as he did the mist cleared away, and he looked down and view his hands.... He hadn't seen himself in forever. He'd forgotten what a hand even looked like. What it was for. What his nails were. All had been utterly alien to him at first. He had collapsed and lied upon the floor, slowly learning how to walk again. He could speak, though his voice was hoarse from disuse.

The figure strides through the area now, looking confused and dazzled by the strange and unfamiliar stimuli around him.

He was a particularly strange ghost. He was dressed in what looked like a beautiful if faded magenta coat, with a sparkling silver vest beneath. His white pants and bowtie were once shiny... but now have dulled over time. What's strangest about this particular apparition would be the intense physical scars and deformities on his skin. His right hand looks horrid... once there was a gauntlet bolted and wired into his skin, but now there's nothing there, leaving his hand a broken and scarred thing... The left side of his face was once covered in a metal plate, the wires having reached deep into his brain, keeping him alive. Now his face is a horribly burnt and scarred husk at the left side.... It's horrifying.

He seems to radiate an aura of frost, and an icy cold wind hovers about him. Where.... where am I... What is this...

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-03-09 at 02:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Well, I doubt heaven has cheap tequila, so taking shots isn't likely. Shows what I know.
    The Hoplite watches the virate drink with a glint of admiration in his eyes. That is indeed mixed news. I do not know how I would feel, knowing I was dead and separated from my comrades, but reassured that I was the only one who met such an end. Our ship was turn asunder, and in a final effort, the captain lit the ship on fire. Not that it did any good.
    The virate nods. Think of it this way. If you were to find yourself dead, you may find comfort in your comrades being with you. If you were to find yourself dead, and your comrades weren't with you, you would think you would be lonely. Instead, it would make you happy, knowing that your friends are continuing without you. You don't know the feeling unless it happens. ((I was so tempted to have another virate appear at this point, and have the one that was already there swear, but I have no good reason another would die.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

On the bright side. Dekaros is here. Though he's remaining quiet, slightly ashamed of losing the ship and crew to a bunch of demons.
    Leah reappears, just quietly not there one moment, and present the next, shaking her head.
    "I'm sorry. Dekaros was able to free himself, and I only defeated the crew, not their captain and her companion. I've given your body a place to rest, captain, and a pair of coins for the ferryman. Never seen a ferryman here, but it's what I've heard to do."
    At least the crew is all together in death. Small comforts.

She turns to the icy, disfigured man, and then turns away.
    "You're dead. This is a stopping place before you go to your final destination."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

He looks about at Leah, utterly confused. It's been so long for him... He couldn't remember how he got here, who he was, how he died. Everything was just a blur of colors, screams, and a feeling of dread. That was all he got when he attempted to remember what had happened before the gate... before the mist... before this place. There was nothing. All was lost to him. Wait, what? How? I... I don't know... what happened. How did I....

Again?

I have to do this again?

Where's the fog...

I don't...

He looks so utterly confused. He couldn't comprehend anything.

19. - Top - End - #49

"I think you might be a ghost. Someone who has something in the mortal world holding them back."
    Leah holds out a coconut with a straw poking out.
    "But you have time to figure that out. Here, have a drink. These people are all recently deceased, waiting to be called back or for their stories to complete. I'm working as a sort of agent for the dead, get any last requests done or final messages through. And the ukelele players are just constructs or illusions or something."
    Still looking away; other people may not bring their bodies here, but his manifestation is still hideous.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "I think you might be a ghost. Someone who has something in the mortal world holding them back."
    Leah holds out a coconut with a straw poking out.
    "But you have time to figure that out. Here, have a drink. These people are all recently deceased, waiting to be called back or for their stories to complete. I'm working as a sort of agent for the dead, get any last requests done or final messages through. And the ukelele players are just constructs or illusions or something."
    Still looking away; other people may not bring their bodies here, but his manifestation is still hideous.
    He groans and continues to speak. I don't understand.... What did I do to deserve this? Why... Why did I leave something behind? I.... I can't remember anything... Is that normal? He accepts the coconut, his scarred and mutilated left hand getting some sort of reddish smear across the coconut. It appears he's cursed with the hideous wounds to be ever-fresh. Gruesome. He doesn't feel the pain of course, but it's quite messy. Thank you... You're s-so sweet. Agh, So sweet. Sorry. Bad habit.

And agent for the dead? You're a helper! You... You're a good person. How.... how long has this place existed?

21. - Top - End - #51

That does make sense. I am glad that you are content, and you may have fellowship amongst my Athenian brethren, of course. He offers, drinking more tequila in a vain effort to keep pace.

So that's what you were doing. I'm sorry I didn't coordinate my attack better, and I thank you for respecting the customs of my people. We are forever in your debt. Call upon us should you require aid in return. You won't be disappointed. He bows low to Leah, deeply grateful. When the hoplites he served with see him, they crowd around, laughing and crying. Obviously, he was well loved and missed by his men.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Indeed it is. My fox friend, I'm sure you will be sent for soon. How many times have you been here?
    Fenric looks thoughtful

Um... this has got to be twelve... the Nexus is a rough place. But hey: Persephone goes to the underworld each year, right?

Yeah... he knows it's not quite the same thing.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-03-09 at 03:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Plague Doctor]

Pain. That was all that could be felt at first. It was searing, especially among the extremities, groin, and neck. One of the last things that the man remembered was the sight of great black pus oozing forth from the cracks of his feverish skin. Oh, how could the gods be so cruel? As he lay dying, he was frightened; he couldn't become one of them. He was better than that. No one deserved that.

It seems he has been spared, though, for the pain did not last long. Though no one would be able to tell what his expression was under his brown leather bird mask, he smiles as waves of relief flow over him. He is not part of the legion of the Dead. He's escaped! Perhaps there is mercy in this world, after all. The tall figure looks around, his cape moving slightly in the mist as he turns. He's escaped a fate worse than death, but.... where is he, exactly?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

The virate nods. Do you know any of what happened to your ship?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

"You're welcome. It's just what should have been done."
    Leah bows to Dekaros, and lets him be with his crew.

"Something in your life. I don't know myself. It's not normal; even most ghost remember who they are. This place has existed longer than I have. That's all I can say."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #56

"You're welcome. It's just what should have been done."
    Leah bows to Dekaros, and lets him be with his crew.

"Something in your life. I don't know myself. It's not normal; even most ghost remember who they are. This place has existed longer than I have. That's all I can say."
    Hi miss!
    Hey look, it's that crewmember ego was scared of bears!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

The spectre takes a small sip out of the ethereal coconut, enjoying being able to taste something. At least he thinks he was tasting something. It was good! At least he thought it was. It could be a horrible tasting thing but he wouldn't know it. It'd been so long since he'd tasted or sensed anything really... Ah... Well... Thank you for your time, Miss. Am... Am I to just stay here? Are we allowed to visit the earth? I must look for what's tying me down... I want to leave...

28. - Top - End - #58

The ship went down in flames. Only one of number survived, it seems. He responds, sipping his drink.

Agathon winces in sympathy, Ah, you've lived quite the ife, haven't you? Is this world so cruel? Then he chuckles. Yes, to be trapped with a husband she didn't love, to bring the cold seasons upon us Greeks.

Dekaros is made to sit and drink, while telling what happened for the few hours/days they were separated.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #59

"You could go if you can find your own way there. But before you do anything rash, I'd try passing through that portal, there, at the edge of the beach."
    Leah points to it, although what exactly would happen to Marty going through it, you should ask Fenric about.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean one of you survived? The virate has no more drink, having finished it in a matter of seconds.
    Show