New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

Oh man we're on three threads of this.

Let us resume discussion regarding Fairy Tail!
    Last edited by SMEE; 2014-03-28 at 08:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

So this new chapter has managed to get me legitimately excited even though it didn't surprise me. So that's weird.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So this new chapter has managed to get me legitimately excited even though it didn't surprise me. So that's weird.
    That's because the execution went back up. We all know FT will truimph, its all about how they look while doing it.

Or least that's how it is for me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    That's because the execution went back up. We all know FT will truimph, its all about how they look while doing it.
    It's kinda like Hellsing in that regard.
    Truth resists simplicity.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    It's kinda like Hellsing in that regard.
    Isn't that kind of true for all shonen? Or even all shows, period...

Yeah, I suspected Lisanna was dressed because she used one of her costumes... She STILL could have used something that's more than a bikini after being naked so long

I forgot who asked in regards to Erza...
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her sword. Natsu and Lisanna got it from ??? and helped Erza escape, then lay in wait for another demon.

I don't really mind Cana saving the day it's just... a bit too convenient. Or feels that way, at least.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Isn't that kind of true for all shonen? Or even all shows, period...
    Of course.

I don't really mind Cana saving the day it's just... a bit too convenient. Or feels that way, at least.
    Well when there's only five seconds its pretty much has to be be total BS to actually work.

I'm just glad it came from a second stringer in this case. And wasn't say Markarov's Worfing for the arc.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

I will agree that it was nice to see Cana get a bit more use of her abilities without the craziness of the S-Rank exam or the Tournament. Only thing I don't get is why she didn't just seal the explosive in a card but maybe it just doesn't work that way (and it'd leave the guild intact, can't go an arc with that happening).

It's a neat little trick that let Mira Jane get loose even if it is absurdly convenient and I'm a little disappointed that Lisanna and Natsu nabbed the demon like that, it seemed they'd be a little smarter than that and realize "hmm... big hole in the wall and no prisoner, maybe I ought to report this" but I guess the overlord list can't ever make it into an actual story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I know I haven't been posting much, but I predicted (offline) that Cana would save the day the instant she noticed something was up with Elfman. I was not the least surprised and didn't feel it was an asspull at all.

Also: Erza did get turned into a card when the other dude used that magic when it was first introduced. How could you forget that? That's literally how they got her from the resort to the Tower.

This chapter was significantly better than the last several have been, I have to say.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ishikar View Post
    I will agree that it was nice to see Cana get a bit more use of her abilities without the craziness of the S-Rank exam or the Tournament. Only thing I don't get is why she didn't just seal the explosive in a card but maybe it just doesn't work that way (and it'd leave the guild intact, can't go an arc with that happening).
    You answered your own question, the mistake was thinking that magic would just be so convenient.

Though it could work that way from a blank perspective where anything goes... because its blank anything goes here. Its meaningless to compare any two of the infinite options, because reducing it to that is nothing more then personal bias. There's no reason it must work that way and expecting it is just a false assumption with no validity.

You invented your nominal issue.

Remember the "logical" resolution was everyone dies like pathetic animals.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    I know I haven't been posting much, but I predicted (offline) that Cana would save the day the instant she noticed something was up with Elfman. I was not the least surprised and didn't feel it was an asspull at all.

Also: Erza did get turned into a card when the other dude used that magic when it was first introduced. How could you forget that? That's literally how they got her from the resort to the Tower.
    It's been a while, but I thought that she surrendered and didn't resist because all those other people were also turned into cards, thereby implying that she could have resisted had she chosen to.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I am really looking forward to a confrontation between Grey and Silver. Anxious even...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Excelent chapter, its good to see fairy tail going on the offense, and the enemies realization that all their plans were badly twarted.

Given how badly they misscalculated, my prediction for the next events is:

Spoiler
    Show
    That the activation of the white legacy/face will fail, because it was created to absorb all the magic of the world, but due to the ending of the Edolas arc, when Mystogan sent all the magic from that world to FT's dimension, it will overload and explode due to that extra magic around - and only Fairy Tail members know about it. Alternatively, all the natural magic of that world will disapear, but the excess of magic will allow FT members, who already had Mystogan give them that pill to activate their magic in Edolas, to keep fighting
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2014-02-15 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

So, since I was busy on Friday and forgot about it I nearly missed the new chapter. And my usual reminder which is this thread didn't move either. Shame on you, people

Spoiler
    Show

On the other hand not too much happening. Erza kicking some demon around for revenge (why did she start telling her their plan, though? , Erza piercing the eff-ing island while the fairies are fighting and finally Zeref showing up, the creator/author/??? of the demons. I swear, if Hiro goes all meta on us with this Book of Zeref thing... But that would be pretty unusual.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #14

Yeah, sorry, I didn't even see the chapter update!

Anyway, this chapter is...well, not a lot happens, as said. Erza shows us how strong she is, yay I guess.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Probably says a lot about me that I find punching through a couple hundred yards of flying island only modestly impressive.

Although I guess its more a choreography thing...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm legitimately interested to see what's up with Zeref.

He didn't seem particularly LOL I DESTROY WORLD prone last time we saw him.

Right now I'm waffling between the last Zeref we saw being some kind of time travel/clone (meaning there are 2 of them kicking around), or Zeref is playing host to a Demon Lord, but neither the Demon nor Zeref can totally shut the other out, so they're trapped cycling control of the body back and forth between them.

Which would explain why Zeref wanted Natsu to kill him - that was HumanZeref hoping he could end BOTH of them.

Which, come to think of it, might be why they're trying to trigger Face - the demons have already stated that they will be unaffected, so presumably, if magic is destroyed, HumanZeref would lose the power to fight DemonZeref anymore, leaving Demon in total control.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-02-24 at 02:59 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #17

Huh, that makes a lot of sense, actually.

Also, for whatever reason, I think Zeref looks like Romeo. So maybe, and this is just a completely out of left field guess, maybe Romeo is the past version of Zeref? So, with magic all destroyed, he has to develop the Curses to cast magic. Stable time loop!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Nah clearly Zeref is the Edolas version of Romeo...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I really would it put down to Hrio not having that many face things... though, after the last time travel thing I wouldn't be surprised if some of this turns out to be true

I'll pose a counter theory to Olinser's: Zeref wants to use Face mainly to seal his own magic so he can't accidentally destroy the world. I'm not sure about the demon thing... I don't think we ever saw any clear indication of that, allthough since Zeref was created by absorbing too much dragon power.. Wait, no, that was Acnologia. Er, anyway, Zeref never seemed evil just like he lost control of his powers and rather wanted to die than anything else.. So while I guess there should be other ways for him to get rid of his magic maybe that's what he is going for and he is just using his demons for it? I guess they are loyal enough to him so he can keep them in check... somehow.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I really would it put down to Hrio not having that many face things... though, after the last time travel thing I wouldn't be surprised if some of this turns out to be true

I'll pose a counter theory to Olinser's: Zeref wants to use Face mainly to seal his own magic so he can't accidentally destroy the world. I'm not sure about the demon thing... I don't think we ever saw any clear indication of that, allthough since Zeref was created by absorbing too much dragon power.. Wait, no, that was Acnologia. Er, anyway, Zeref never seemed evil just like he lost control of his powers and rather wanted to die than anything else.. So while I guess there should be other ways for him to get rid of his magic maybe that's what he is going for and he is just using his demons for it? I guess they are loyal enough to him so he can keep them in check... somehow.
    He did recently declare war on humanity and declare that it would be a "One sided massacre". So not sure if he is still in his, "I want to die" mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    He did recently declare war on humanity and declare that it would be a "One sided massacre". So not sure if he is still in his, "I want to die" mode.
    Sorry, I totally forgot about that scene
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #22

New chapter! And hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show

First of all, the specificity of "you will have to choose to let him live or to kill him" is REALLY interesting. Like, I'm genuinely curious where this will go.

That aside this chapter is boring and bad. Oh no 41 minutes, such a specific number I'm sure we won't end with only a few seconds left. Also it's time for Lucy and Wendy to not win a fight that they should be able to win because they're on the same level of Fairy Tail and as we've clearly seen Tartaros is actually kind of **** compared to them.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

First of all, the specificity of "you will have to choose to let him live or to kill him" is REALLY interesting. Like, I'm genuinely curious where this will go.
    Well.. Zeref is certainly getting more and more intriguing, none the least what he actually is, and why he is creating demons.

That aside this chapter is boring and bad. Oh no 41 minutes, such a specific number I'm sure we won't end with only a few seconds left. Also it's time for Lucy and Wendy to not win a fight that they should be able to win because they're on the same level of Fairy Tail and as we've clearly seen Tartaros is actually kind of **** compared to them.
    This part confuses me though, do you mean win a fight they should not win?
    Because what we have seen so far is that the named members of Tartarous is insanely bad news.
    Laxus was able to smack one of them around because he might very well be the strongest light wizard around, and Natsu managed a victory in a fight that were strongly stacked in his favor, but else the rest of the fights have been in Tartarous's favor.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

24. - Top - End - #24

I'm honestly of the opinion that Lucy and Wendy should be able to beat this demon without much problem. But they won't cause they're the damsel's in distress.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough..
    I on the other hand think that Erza and Mira might be able to scrape along a narrow victory against their named opponents, after what we have seen from the rest of them.

And since i also believes that both of them would crush Lucy and Wendy if they got serious, then i cant see any way they would be winning outside of luck.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm more inclined to agree with Zodiac. We hardly know anything about whether or not the power scale among the demons is really uniform. Their opponent might be levels weaker than the ones Laxus and Natsu fought. And Laxus almost curb stomped his opponent, where Natsu didn't really have a huge advantage and still managed to win. Don't get me wrong, the demons are likely powerful enough but not as much as they boast to be.

Zeref's line there... meh. Likely it's just a matter of being merciful or ridding the world of evil? And because Natsu is Natsu he won't kill anyone for sure... I'm not really anxious about it, I'll have to admit.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #27

I feel like we're gonna get a situation where it's like "End can be your greatest ally. But he killed Igneel, and is a giant ****. Are you willing to let this person, who will make defeating me super easy, live despite all the terrible things he's done. Or will you kill him, despite all the good things he has done, and all the good traits he DOES have."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm more inclined to agree with Zodiac. We hardly know anything about whether or not the power scale among the demons is really uniform. Their opponent might be levels weaker than the ones Laxus and Natsu fought. And Laxus almost curb stomped his opponent, where Natsu didn't really have a huge advantage and still managed to win. Don't get me wrong, the demons are likely powerful enough but not as much as they boast to be.
    But.. in that case it will then either turn out that this demon is relatively weak, and they will defeat it, or else its as strong as everyone else we have seen, and they will lose simply from being outmatched

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter

Spoiler
    Show

So, actually some fairly decent action here, all in all.
    Things are moving ahead, and we does get an additional hint towards Gray being the son of Silver.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

@ earlier: Well, they didn't fight but one of two was going to be the result... We know Wendy and Lucy are weaker than then big guns and FT kind of lost its idea of Rock-Paper-Scissors opposed to "MORE DAKKA" long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Things are moving ahead, and we does get an additional hint towards Gray being the son of Silver.
    No, no, no, I will never accept it

Spoiler
    Show

I guess we don't get to see the hinted at battle, too bad. Natsu gets ANOTHER demon to fight, albeit with an interesting skill, I guess...
    Huh, Natsu... seriously thinking Mira needs rescue from anything. How naive.

I guess the one interesting question for next week is: Whose soul has demon guy whose name I don't care to remember? The only sensible thing I can come up with is ex-chairman but that would be kind of lame...
    "What's done is done."