New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    It's name is Obra or something. Looked like a weird tikki creature. Was part of Raven Tail during that abyssal Stock Standard Magic Tournament.
    Obra...hmm, that's a good point. I'm sad now, I wanted Frosch to turn out to be secretly evil. It would of been amazing. Hell, it'd even explain where EVIL!Rogue came from, and where his evil shadow thing came from. It's Frosch's dark Apocolypse Cat magic, trying to forge him into a new body in case Zeref kicks it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    He's not Kubo, give him a little credit. Hiro doesn't forget anything, not even between manga. Why do you think Sieg Hart, erm, Jellal Fernandes has such a central role and Plue shows up from time to time?
    Because Hiro has a really unnatural love of Jerrard. There was at one point literally three of him in the manga at once. We get it, Seig was one of your best, most badass characters, with an amazing design. You literally have three of him running around at once. STAHP.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Obra...hmm, that's a good point. I'm sad now, I wanted Frosch to turn out to be secretly evil. It would of been amazing. Hell, it'd even explain where EVIL!Rogue came from, and where his evil shadow thing came from. It's Frosch's dark Apocolypse Cat magic, trying to forge him into a new body in case Zeref kicks it again.
    I'm glad I could help.

Because Hiro has a really unnatural love of Jerrard. There was at one point literally three of him in the manga at once. We get it, Seig was one of your best, most badass characters, with an amazing design. You literally have three of him running around at once. STAHP.
    Yeah, as soon as two were apparently running around at the same time that was the moment I pretty much put the manga down as serious reading. I get he is happy about Rave Master but I had the same problem with it as I do with Fairy Tail.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-09-15 at 11:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter stuffs

Spoiler
    Show

Actually... not much happening. I guess Igneel spews flames somewhere offscreen because apparently everyone instantly knows he's a flame dragon... Ah, minor nitpick.
    But there really is little to say, except Natsu being happy to see his dad again... who sends him off to fight the all-powerful demon. Now I am curious if there is a legitimate reason to believe Natsu would win this... We'll see.

It doesn't seem the other dragons will show up, though, and I get the feeling Igneel is not going to tell Natsu anything because he will be dead. But maybe not, because nobody dies in Fairy Tail, so...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding people recognising Igneel as a flame dragon (a point i wont bother spoil), then its hardly a big surprise.

He is bright flaming red, and came directly out of Natsu, who had newer made a secret out of his search for his dragon parent. Its not exactly a big leap of logic there that Igneels element is fire.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    New Chapter stuffs

Spoiler
    Show

Actually... not much happening. I guess Igneel spews flames somewhere offscreen because apparently everyone instantly knows he's a flame dragon... Ah, minor nitpick.
    But there really is little to say, except Natsu being happy to see his dad again... who sends him off to fight the all-powerful demon. Now I am curious if there is a legitimate reason to believe Natsu would win this... We'll see.

It doesn't seem the other dragons will show up, though, and I get the feeling Igneel is not going to tell Natsu anything because he will be dead. But maybe not, because nobody dies in Fairy Tail, so...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only Happy and Mard Geer said he's a fire dragon. Happy and Mard Geer are the people I'd actually EXPECT to know who Igneel is and what his element is, just by looking at him.

Anyway, for the lack of things that happened in this chapter...it was actually pretty good. Natsu is being an idiot, but Igneel is handling it well, and we can see shades of Natsu in Igneel which is actually kind of cool. Though, as you said, it's PRETTY god damn obvious Igneel expects to die in this, his ultimate Fire Dragon Roar did jack all to Acnologia...which we should note is GOOD because it's THE APOCOLYPSE DRAGON, he should be THIS overwhelmingly powerful. Yes, people can't die in Fairy Tail...but this is the Apocolypse dragon. His reaction to them using Friendship on him was "Cut you off mid sentence with a super laser", he is the one guy that breaks the rules of Fairy Tail.

The exchange where Igneel is like "you're part of a guild or something right? Okay I've got a job for you, got kill that stupid demon ****" and Natsu is like "...whats my reward?" was ACTUALLY kinda hilarious. And then Igneel just throws Natsu at Mard Geer.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Regarding people recognising Igneel as a flame dragon (a point i wont bother spoil), then its hardly a big surprise.

He is bright flaming red, and came directly out of Natsu, who had newer made a secret out of his search for his dragon parent. Its not exactly a big leap of logic there that Igneels element is fire.
    Oh, so now we judge dragons by the color of their scales, huh? Staying away from a joke in poor taste, instead: I think there's a trope for that

Spoiler
    Show
    Only Happy and Mard Geer said he's a fire dragon. Happy and Mard Geer are the people I'd actually EXPECT to know who Igneel is and what his element is, just by looking at him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, admittedly Mard, considering he's likely much older than he looks. But Happy? Happy was born after Igneel vanished I'm pretty sure and Natsu certainly doesn't carry photograph's of his dad around. As I said, likely there are some flames around him, I just think they're not that prominent. And it was more of an off hand remark, anyway.

other stuff Zodiac said
    Agreed. This is likely going to be good. I wonder if that means Metallica is also a huge jerk who plays... a dragon guitar? Probably not.

further sidenote: It's been a while since Natsu used his afterburners, or am I imagining this?
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #397

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, admittedly Mard, considering he's likely much older than he looks. But Happy? Happy was born after Igneel vanished I'm pretty sure and Natsu certainly doesn't carry photograph's of his dad around. As I said, likely there are some flames around him, I just think they're not that prominent. And it was more of an off hand remark, anyway.

Agreed. This is likely going to be good. I wonder if that means Metallica is also a huge jerk who plays... a dragon guitar? Probably not.

further sidenote: It's been a while since Natsu used his afterburners, or am I imagining this?
    Happy is literally Natsu's birthfriend. If Natsu told ANYONE that Igneel was a fire dragon, it'd be Happy.

Metalicanus is probably going to be really counter to everything Gajeel is to **** with us. And will ship Galevi. I base this purely on the fact that the old wizard lady who "smells like Grandine" is totally the opposite of what we'd expect a fluffy heal dragon to be like, so I'd like the contrast of the brutal iron dragon being a fop.

It has been awhile, I believe.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, so now we judge dragons by the color of their scales, huh? Staying away from a joke in poor taste, instead: I think there's a trope for that
    Indeed and named by Elan in strip #207 for the curious.

Happy is literally Natsu's birthfriend. If Natsu told ANYONE that Igneel was a fire dragon, it'd be Happy.

Metalicanus is probably going to be really counter to everything Gajeel is to **** with us. And will ship Galevi. I base this purely on the fact that the old wizard lady who "smells like Grandine" is totally the opposite of what we'd expect a fluffy heal dragon to be like, so I'd like the contrast of the brutal iron dragon being a fop.

It has been awhile, I believe.
    I just had a vision of Metalicana as a Jewish mother....

"Oy Gajeel when are you going to marry Levi already, she's a great girl, nice family, good hips, what are you waiting for? My grandchildren have to come from somewhere..."

Am I not allowed to think of things anymore too?

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

"Oy Gajeel when are you going to marry Levi already, she's a great girl, nice family, good hips, what are you waiting for? My grandchildren have to come from somewhere..."

"You look starving, how about I make you some ball bearings and wire mesh like you used to love so much?"
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    "You look starving, how about I make you some ball bearings and wire mesh like you used to love so much?"
    This is the best thing ever and we're all going to thought jail for this.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is the best thing ever and we're all going to thought jail for this.
    completely worth it
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

No, it's obvious Igneel is a fire dragon, of course. But his name isn't written on him. And I guess Natsu somehow described Igneel as a a huge red dragon with red scales and wings". At least not in any great detail. So identifying any red dragon as Igneel, let alone any red dragon as a fire dragon seems at least a little far fetched... but I'm really putting too much thought into this, am I not?

Hehe, that would indeed be funny. (And you're still allowed to think ) But... good hips? I mean, I like Galevi as much as the next person but quite frankly I don't think Levi's hips look well made for birthing children, especially if they come in Gajeel's size. (He's not Elfman but still) Also, how would she feed them?
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

No, it's obvious Igneel is a fire dragon, of course. But his name isn't written on him. And I guess Natsu somehow described Igneel as a a huge red dragon with red scales and wings". At least not in any great detail. So identifying any red dragon as Igneel, let alone any red dragon as a fire dragon seems at least a little far fetched... but I'm really putting too much thought into this, am I not?
    Given both the rarity of Red Dragons and the fact it came staight out of Natsu I think people can generally be forgiven in thinking it's probably a Fire Dragon. All the other Dragons have taught their "Element" to their Dragon Slayer as far as we've seen. It'd be strange if Igneel wasn't a Fire Dragon, right?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

You aren't paying attention.

Just last chapter before he showed up Natsu was saying "Igneel" right in front of Lucy (who let's not forget met Natsu on search for said dragon) and Gajeel/Levy then says "Dad" right after said dragon pops out. The only people that ID the dragon by name are the people who literally just heard Natsu say his name, most of the guild in fact has not made the connection. Even Erza is unsure.

Except Happy. Who knows Natsu better then anyone anyways and says "the flame dragon" and well Igneel went soaring into the sky wreathed in flames on a two page spread at the end of the last chapter.

Only other person to ID Igneel is Mard Geer but he seems mega old so whatever there the villains always know the score.

Hehe, that would indeed be funny. (And you're still allowed to think ) But... good hips? I mean, I like Galevi as much as the next person but quite frankly I don't think Levi's hips look well made for birthing children, especially if they come in Gajeel's size. (He's not Elfman but still) Also, how would she feed them?
    Its manga, all women who are neither loli nor pettanko have good hips. She just happens to have a normal good figure not an exaggerated one.

Which okay admittedly is probably the least common.

15. - Top - End - #405

New Fairy Tail:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We had some nice parralels with Natsu and Igneel's fire dragon iron fist attack...though it's pretty clear that Acnologia continues to give not even one single shred of a ****.

The rest of the chapter was...alright, I supposed. Kyouka activates her super mode after becoming one with the Face Activation System. So Erza's gotta fight her a bunch now.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

I were really wondering a why the council would be dumb enough to have enough of those faces hidden away to cover the entire country, but i have then realised they kinda needed to.
    Its so far the only move they would have had available if FT and just a single other of the top guilds decided they wanted to take over.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

New Fairy Tail:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We had some nice parralels with Natsu and Igneel's fire dragon iron fist attack...though it's pretty clear that Acnologia continues to give not even one single shred of a ****.

The rest of the chapter was...alright, I supposed. Kyouka activates her super mode after becoming one with the Face Activation System. So Erza's gotta fight her a bunch now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not really sure on the Acnologia part... by all means it should be so but I feel entirely unable to read his face/expressions. I don't think he's worried but I could be totally wrong on that, too. Also... gosh, I hope Natsu loses...

Kyouka.. well, I guess Hiro needed to come up with a way to turn off Face again? Otherwise I don't see too much reason behind this, except maybe show Mard is not entirely invincible but needs Face to be sure to win. Though, again Erza's fight is the one to decide all, somehow.

Well, the government really could just train a sufficient force of it's own mages to have a weapon against guilds but... apparently they don't. Oh, well.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the government really could just train a sufficient force of it's own mages to have a weapon against guilds but... apparently they don't. Oh, well.
    They probably just don't pay the Rune Knights well enough to keep the good ones.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. we have seen the mid tier people of FT crush the goverments elite, or go though hordes of ordinary soldiers as if they were cheap mooks.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well.. we have seen the mid tier people of FT crush the goverments elite, or go though hordes of ordinary soldiers as if they were cheap mooks.
    Yes, but why? I guess you could argue that the "free market" is more attractive for the more powerful mages than military service but then the Fairies e.g. spend their time getting drunk when (elite) soldiers would train hard instead. It's not that it is impossible the guild would have the better mages but the government ones being that bad just seems unlikely/unexplained.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but why? I guess you could argue that the "free market" is more attractive for the more powerful mages than military service but then the Fairies e.g. spend their time getting drunk when (elite) soldiers would train hard instead. It's not that it is impossible the guild would have the better mages but the government ones being that bad just seems unlikely/unexplained.
    If you don't think elite forces in the military don't spend time getting drunk then you're sadly mistaken.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Why indeed? Because we have also seen previously mentioned mid tier FT mages beat the aces of other guilds.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter:

Silly villains when you will you learn?

Spoiler
    Show
    Erza is unbreakable and much more hardcore then you.

24. - Top - End - #414

This chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    would more impact if Erza wasn't such a god mode hero most of them, personally. I can look past it this time though. Also...she has an artifical magical eye, presumably that is what's letting her see. Also how did she answer if her hearing was taken away?

Okay my nitpicks aside this is a good chapter. Silly torture demon, the less clothes Erza has on the stronger she is.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

This chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    would more impact if Erza wasn't such a god mode hero most of them, personally. I can look past it this time though. Also...she has an artifical magical eye, presumably that is what's letting her see. Also how did she answer if her hearing was taken away?

Okay my nitpicks aside this is a good chapter. Silly torture demon, the less clothes Erza has on the stronger she is.
    Spoiler
    Show

It would be nice if her magical eye was the answer but it seems much more likely it is in fact "FRIENDSHIP!" power. At least it seemed like she was temporarily literally senseless.
    Though, it doesn't seem like Erza is specifically answering to anything, just making a speech in regard to Kyouka's last boast. At least it could count as that.

It was a decent chapter overall, though. Kyouka's powers are still creepy and her stripping Erza down is... I mean, it's established she's lesbian (or at least bisexual) but that doesn't make it any better. I wonder if it's just me or whether Kyouka's speech did sound like a religious fanatic to others as well...
    I still hope the next chapter is more than "The Power of Friendship compels you!"
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #416

Spoiler
    Show

It would be nice if her magical eye was the answer but it seems much more likely it is in fact "FRIENDSHIP!" power. At least it seemed like she was temporarily literally senseless.
    Though, it doesn't seem like Erza is specifically answering to anything, just making a speech in regard to Kyouka's last boast. At least it could count as that.

It was a decent chapter overall, though. Kyouka's powers are still creepy and her stripping Erza down is... I mean, it's established she's lesbian (or at least bisexual) but that doesn't make it any better. I wonder if it's just me or whether Kyouka's speech did sound like a religious fanatic to others as well...
    I still hope the next chapter is more than "The Power of Friendship compels you!"
    Spoiler
    Show

I still hope in my heart of hearts that the Face will actually go off...but before the explosion happens, Acnologia senses it and destroys all the Faces. If there is a chance dragons might be effected by this (which seems to be the case according to Mard Geer) then he'd obviously want to stop it. I want our heroes to fail and for their greatest enemy to "save" them.

Also yes Kyouka is REALLY uncomfortable to experiance but she's a villain so I think it's kind of okay. It's just really off colour for Fairy Tail to do something like that. Rave Master's only equivilent was the bunny guy that blew clothes off people, and he had his neck snapped by the awesome dragon lady who was like "I'm a dragon first and a woman second! I DON'T CARE ABOUT CLOTHES". STill dark because she literally killed a man by slamming him into a wall, but the entire scene was meant to be taken as comedy. We're...clearly not supposed to take Kyouka literally implying she'll torture and BDSM rape Erza as comedy...at least I hope not.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    You know, this chapter could have been in Saint Seiya, no-one would have been surprised. I really had the worse case of déjà-vu. So, in Fairy Tail, depriving you of your senses increases your cosmos makes you entering full-friendship mode. Good to know!
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    STill dark because she literally killed a man by slamming him into a wall, but the entire scene was meant to be taken as comedy. We're...clearly not supposed to take Kyouka literally implying she'll torture and BDSM rape Erza as comedy...at least I hope not.
    Spoiler: new chapter
    Show

The thing is... I have no idea anymore when FT tries to be serious and when it's comedy. Happy announcing Erza can keep fighting despite all "because she's Erza" I can only accept as comedy. Pretty much everything about Kyouka... holy ****. You know, if I was really strict, I'd say something about her being a lesbian and a psycho sadist but I'll shrug it off as coincidence.

So, Erza "somehow" won but the faces activate. Did the government and other guild somehow stop them or will a Deus Ex Machina be needed? We will find out! I guess.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #419

Spoiler
    Show
    Face On, apply directly to the forehead.

On the one hand this chapter was stupid because Erza being able to fight is kind of dumb. However, her sixth/seventh sense thing is kind of understandable...sorta. Happy's explanation is goofy as **** though, and shouldn't be taken seriously because that's what WE WOULD SAY, which is bad

And like...they defeat her but not in time. So that's cool, we're all ****ed! I wonder how we'll get out...

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Face On, apply directly to the forehead.

On the one hand this chapter was stupid because Erza being able to fight is kind of dumb. However, her sixth/seventh sense thing is kind of understandable...sorta. Happy's explanation is goofy as **** though, and shouldn't be taken seriously because that's what WE WOULD SAY, which is bad

And like...they defeat her but not in time. So that's cool, we're all ****ed! I wonder how we'll get out...
    We? Are you... Are you all of Lucy's celestial spirits? Is our reality the celestial spirit realm, and if Face activates, you'll be stuck here? That's horrible!
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.