New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

So am I right in thinking that this 'most powerful soul'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Appears to be Atlas Flame's soul?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's Atlas Flame's soul. Which is THE WORST THING TO DO NATSU EATS FIRE OH MY GLOB.

Also why isn't this demon guy doing his weird counter moves anymore?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's Atlas Flame's soul. Which is THE WORST THING TO DO NATSU EATS FIRE OH MY GLOB.

Also why isn't this demon guy doing his weird counter moves anymore?
    Probably because

Spoiler
    Show
    His ability appears to be soul absorption, not really combat related in itself.

The whole 'counter moves' thing was simply the ability of whatever soul he was using at the time.

Which makes sense if you think about it. Presumably the counter soul was his 'walking around soul', that let him feel out whatever opponent he was fighting before he switched to an appropriate soul to give him an advantage over his opponent.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-03-07 at 11:37 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Probably because

Spoiler
    Show
    His ability appears to be soul absorption, not really combat related in itself.

The whole 'counter moves' thing was simply the ability of whatever soul he was using at the time.

Which makes sense if you think about it. Presumably the counter soul was his 'walking around soul', that let him feel out whatever opponent he was fighting before he switched to an appropriate soul to give him an advantage over his opponent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Considering the fact that he WON when using that, why isn't he using it now?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Thats rather unlikely, since he were nowhere near when this person died.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think you need to go back and re-read the fight.

While he was able to survive Natsu's beatdown, and surprised him with that strength-draining move, he wasn't anywhere CLOSE to winning. Silver was the one that beat him.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I'll have to agree on that one...

Spoiler
    Show
    Stop assuming everything these guys do has to be sensible
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The flaming mountain was apparently Atlas Flame.

Silver froze him. Ergo, Soul Steal Demon (does he have a name yet? I don't remember) was very likely in the vicinity when it happened, and able to absorb at least some of his power.

We still have no idea exactly how the soul stealing works.

I think its very likely that in their last encounter, when Natsu commented his strength was draining, that was his powers being drained/copied.

Even if he didn't get all of it, even 1/4-1/2 of a Dragon's full power is more powerful than all but a handful of mages.

Either that, OR

Spoiler
    Show
    These demons were apparently around hundreds of years ago when Zeref was still active. i.e. he may have been the one that killed Atlas Flame to begin with.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-03-07 at 02:48 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

9. - Top - End - #39

I think you need to go back and re-read the fight.

While he was able to survive Natsu's beatdown, and surprised him with that strength-draining move, he wasn't anywhere CLOSE to winning. Silver was the one that beat him.
    ...right, my bad

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Appears to be Atlas Flame's soul?
    I dunno, it kinda reminds me of Hades. But that seems likely as well.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

These demons were apparently around hundreds of years ago when Zeref was still active. i.e. he may have been the one that killed Atlas Flame to begin with.
    If... he had been killed hundreds of years ago then who was it Silver accidentially froze, mistaking it for a devil?

And who would have kept watch over the village all those years?

I really think there are far.. far to many holes in the Flame theory.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

If... he had been killed hundreds of years ago then who was it Silver accidentially froze, mistaking it for a devil?

And who would have kept watch over the village all those years?

I really think there are far.. far to many holes in the Flame theory.
    I think you're confused - Atlas Flame was already dead when Silver froze him. Which is probably why he mistook him for a demon, btw.

It was stated flat out that he had died (unspecified cause of death), and the Eternal Flame at the mountain was just his spirit, and that his flames had been burning for 400 years. Which, by the way, was the exact period of time since Zeref was active.

Either the Demon was the one that actually killed Atlas Flame in the past, or simply absorbed his powers either in the past, or at the mountain when Silver froze him.

We also have absolutely no indication of exactly how the Demon's absorption powers actually work.

He may be able to partially absorb powers, or absorb powers without actually killing/destroying the relevant entity. Which would explain why Atlas Flame's spirit was present, but incredibly weak, when they encountered him at the mountain.

Or it is a poor translation, and when he kills somebody and absorbs their powers, their spirit isn't actually absorbed.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-03-07 at 10:51 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough, i apperently missed a detail in some translation somewhere, though Atlas Flame having died some hundred years ago, and had his spirit linger on as a flaming mountain still only patches a single of the very large holes in the theory.

Because so far from what we have seen of the demon, then it consumes everything.. and had it eaten Atlas then there would not have been spirit or body left to speak with Natsu.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

I've still got to agree with khaine. While it makes a bit more sense with the new input it still seems like only a possibility... why would he use a flame dragon against someone who eats flames? We'll see next week, I guess.

btw, not entirely sure if it's new but I can't recall reading it: Special chapter 3 is out. Just a little story about Frog getting lost. With some pool pictures and Rogue pulling an Adam West on Yukino. Nothing great I guess but it is there...
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I've still got to agree with khaine. While it makes a bit more sense with the new input it still seems like only a possibility... why would he use a flame dragon against someone who eats flames? We'll see next week, I guess.

btw, not entirely sure if it's new but I can't recall reading it: Special chapter 3 is out. Just a little story about Frog getting lost. With some pool pictures and Rogue pulling an Adam West on Yukino. Nothing great I guess but it is there...
    Either A) the demon isn't aware he can eat flames and is just grabbing his most powerful soul because he's pissed or B) he's corrupted the flames somehow and Natsu won't be able to eat them/suffer serious side effects from eating them.

I think A) is most likely. Jackal was pretty shocked when Natsu ate the flames from his explosions. Fattie may be trying to pull a, "Screw you, MY FLAMES ARE STRONGER!!!" kind of thing.

EDIT - also, I'm not claiming that it's 100% Atlas Flame for sure. But it makes a certain amount of sense, and I have yet to hear anybody else present any reasonable counter idea.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-03-11 at 04:35 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaand the mystery got solved...

Spoiler
    Show

Whoever mentioned Hades gets the cookie.

Overall... Natsu is pretty hard pressed and so seem the others to be (the guy even eats magic, yummy) Demons admit to being pretty much biological weapons...

Next week we get Wendy vs octopus guy... and I like the fairies being at least kind of on the ropes. I hope their comeback won't be just willpower.
    Last edited by Kato; 2014-03-14 at 04:19 AM.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

God dammit, i seriously hope their comeback will just be in the shape of backup from the other guilds..
    The real power of friendship is not having to fight a 1 vs 1 against a wastly superior opponent.

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show

Whoever mentioned Hades gets the cookie.

Overall... Natsu is pretty hard pressed and so seem the others to be (the guy even eats magic, yummy) Demons admit to being pretty much biological weapons...

Next week we get Wendy vs octopus guy... and I like the fairies being at least kind of on the ropes. I hope their comeback won't be just willpower.
    Spoiler
    Show

God dammit, i seriously hope their comeback will just be in the shape of backup from the other guilds..
    The real power of friendship is not having to fight a 1 vs 1 against a wastly superior opponent.
    Spoiler
    Show

I agree with the two of you so far. But I know Fairy Tail, this is going to go exactly where we don't want it to.

The only restraint, the ONLY restraint, Fairy Tail has, is that it's done very hard not to sexualize Wendy. She's now fighting a lion man full of tentacles. I'm hoping Fairy Tail manages to keep up it's streak of not sexualizing children please oh god this streak is already broken because of Loli Erza.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

I agree with the two of you so far. But I know Fairy Tail, this is going to go exactly where we don't want it to.

The only restraint, the ONLY restraint, Fairy Tail has, is that it's done very hard not to sexualize Wendy. She's now fighting a lion man full of tentacles. I'm hoping Fairy Tail manages to keep up it's streak of not sexualizing children please oh god this streak is already broken because of Loli Erza.
    i think they'll keep that streak, or i really hope so
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do I get the feeling that fat Absorption Demon is going to engage in the tired cliche of stealing too many powers?

Probably the funniest version of this shown HERE

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #51

Why do I get the feeling that fat Absorption Demon is going to engage in the tired cliche of stealing too many powers?

Probably the funniest version of this shown HERE
    I think i would actually be cool if they pulled Fairy Law on him or something. Whatever they used to beat Hades the first time. Oh, or maybe the Apocolypse Dragon will show up and our heroes will put their hands together and go WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP and then they'll all get nuked again mid sentence, but this time Mavis won't save them.

...in retrospect your idea is probably more plausible, as unfortunate as that would be.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Whoever mentioned Hades gets a cookie
    Freakin' called it! Now to actually read the update.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter: Om nom nom!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not too much happening. Wendy and Carla/Charles/Charle/... stumbled around, get attacked, Wendy gets her [censored] [censored] kicked, C almost gets eaten which is when Wendy realizes she can focus the powerful air (+ Antimagic particles?) to turn Super Saiyan, er use Dragon Force. Aaaand that's pretty much it. Next week: Some Imperial Air Dragon action.
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

it was so much meh... Bonus chapter was more interesting. Juvia is creepy as hell....

25. - Top - End - #55

Spoiler
    Show
    This was actually a really good chapter. I like how Wendy is gaining feathers and stuff from using Dragon Force. The only small thing I dislike about this chapter is I'm not impressed by Dragon Force anymore, because of how useless it was to Sting and...dudeman.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This was actually a really good chapter. I like how Wendy is gaining feathers and stuff from using Dragon Force. The only small thing I dislike about this chapter is I'm not impressed by Dragon Force anymore, because of how useless it was to Sting and...dudeman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WEell, yes and no. the chapter itself was pretty uneventful and nudged the story slightly back on track (regarding time limit and such). Now About Dragon Force: Consider the following: the 3rd generation dragon force was pretty lame, trumped by a real dragon slayer (though I still think the 'real' dragomn slayers are actually incarnations of dragons). When Natsu went Dragon Force (especially pumped up on Ethernano) he went nova, not just unleashing power, but good honest NO2 conflagration inferno blaze of glory napalm as George Patterson would love it with his morning coffee. Now this effect could either be becuase of scaling of power, but I suspect It's really about dilution of power. The next generation of dragon slayers are less powerful becuase the power has been diluted. The first generation are clsoest to their source of power and thus more powerful. This makes the overdrive powers like Dragon Force harder to achieve. Coupled with the fact that WEndy is a first generation Dragon Slayer I'd say her Dragon Force will be pretty damn strong.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    WEell, yes and no. the chapter itself was pretty uneventful and nudged the story slightly back on track (regarding time limit and such). Now About Dragon Force: Consider the following: the 3rd generation dragon force was pretty lame, trumped by a real dragon slayer (though I still think the 'real' dragomn slayers are actually incarnations of dragons). When Natsu went Dragon Force (especially pumped up on Ethernano) he went nova, not just unleashing power, but good honest NO2 conflagration inferno blaze of glory napalm as George Patterson would love it with his morning coffee. Now this effect could either be becuase of scaling of power, but I suspect It's really about dilution of power. The next generation of dragon slayers are less powerful becuase the power has been diluted. The first generation are clsoest to their source of power and thus more powerful. This makes the overdrive powers like Dragon Force harder to achieve. Coupled with the fact that WEndy is a first generation Dragon Slayer I'd say her Dragon Force will be pretty damn strong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know her Dragon Force is powerful, I'm just not entirely sure how impressive it will seem after all the failure we've seen from the Third Gen Slayers. I get what you're getting at though.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah.. honestly its very hard to take dragon force seriously at this point, after regular Natsu stomped the loser duo in a 2 vs 1, seriously, i think that was a retarded move by Hiro

Because the problem is that the generation part is in name only.. the loser due is just as much real Slayers as Natsu or Wendy, all having been trained and raised by an actual dragon.
    So by al rights this should not really make any difference at all..

29. - Top - End - #59

Yeah.. honestly its very hard to take dragon force seriously at this point, after regular Natsu stomped the loser duo in a 2 vs 1, seriously, i think that was a retarded move by Hiro

Because the problem is that the generation part is in name only.. the loser due is just as much real Slayers as Natsu or Wendy, all having been trained and raised by an actual dragon.
    So by al rights this should not really make any difference at all..
    Well see, it's because Sting and *name* aren't actually friends.

God Fairy Tail is awful sometimes.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

yeah...i was really into fairy tail until that fight happened, i kinda lost all enthusiasm about reading the manga after that, i just keep checking because i got into the habit, that's not to say there haven't been really good, or cool chapters since then, I've just not felt the same way about it since.