New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

I cant honestly see what have people so worked up in this chapter, i agree it was annoyingly bland, with a boring showing from the demon guild master whose name i dont even bother to remember.

But besides the ending of everyone but Lucy getting caught, then i really dont see anything to incite any sort of emotions.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I cant honestly see what have people so worked up in this chapter, i agree it was annoyingly bland, with a boring showing from the demon guild master whose name i dont even bother to remember.

But besides the ending of everyone but Lucy getting caught, then i really dont see anything to incite any sort of emotions.
    I think it's more the fact that we've got a villain who's SO over wrought and overly dramatic, even for my tastes. "My name is X, but don't bother remember it because you're all going to die anyway"

And like, it worked I don't even remember his name enough to say it in his own quote.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

And the plot continues with Lucy on her own...

Spoiler
    Show

And a bounty (kind of) on her head. I guess it got some decent action, even though I have no idea why the **** she waits this long to summon Aquarius if she is surrounded by water...

Also, I mentioned my concerns earlier, but now I completely refuse to believe her make-shift bra is able to hold her acrobatics. Lucy should have spilled her goods about ten times this chapter...

Speaking of fanservice, last weeks (?) FT episode had to throw in some fanservice in a life threatening situation, making Lucy and Mira trying to attract some guards while they were trapped in "hell" under the palace.. I'll have to admit, it was at least somewhat entertaining, if totally stupid
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #94

Virgo is wearing a sexy maid bikini because...why, exactly?

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyway, this chapter was actually pretty good when compared to other Fairy Tail chapters. Lucy's always been one of the best characters, because she wasn't super gifted and ultra powerful. So she actually feels threatened here. And she's actually being pushed to her limits here, it's really cool. Since Aquarious is her most finicky summon (and also my astrological sign) I'll be interested in seeing where this goes.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

So, I finally picked this up again. The quality has definitely gone up since the tournament arc (which was just terrible) but it's still not as good as it used to be. There's just no tension in the story. I honestly wish they would actually kill off a major character because as it stands now every single plot point is "oh no, they're doomed" and there's no tension because you know they will actually be fine.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed, i have also hoped for the death of several different named characters down along the line after the timeskip. Not because i though there were any chance of something bad happening to them, but because it would add some tension to the story.

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    So, I finally picked this up again. The quality has definitely gone up since the tournament arc (which was just terrible) but it's still not as good as it used to be. There's just no tension in the story. I honestly wish they would actually kill off a major character because as it stands now every single plot point is "oh no, they're doomed" and there's no tension because you know they will actually be fine.
    Indeed, i have also hoped for the death of several different named characters down along the line after the timeskip. Not because i though there were any chance of something bad happening to them, but because it would add some tension to the story.
    You know what would of been cool? Like, completely stupid but also kind of cool? If Acnologia ACTUALLY succeeded in killing all our most of the people on Fairy Tail Island. They don't get saved by Deus Ex Machina Ghost Leader. They just DIE. And it's ****ing TRAGIC. Or like with the Dragon Invasion, people DIE. Don't bull**** us with Ultear rewinding time but sacrificing her life to do it AND THEN ALSO HAVING HER BE ALIVE JUST OLD ANYWAY. Have some actual god damn consequences for once oh my god.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: new chapter
    Show
    another narrowly missed rape and then...

Spirit King: "**** YO HOUUUUUUUSE!"

as a side note, i cannot see that guy without thinking of the King of all Cosmos from the katamari games

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Rex Celestis-Ex Machina!

And this is indeed lame.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You know I can decide which is worse,

1. Lucy either get permanently depowered, when she's one of the characters who already struggles to be effective

or

2. Another sacrifice is instantly reversed.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe Hiro's writing would improve if he read some of GRRM's stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Show
    another narrowly missed rape and then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Show
    Rex Celestis-Ex Machina!

And this is indeed lame.
    Spoiler
    Show

@chainer: Yeah... Lucy saved by big boobs is kind of... very Hiro, I'm afraid. I'm still confused about the exchange with the other demon just before that scene

@Socratov. Really? I thought it was pretty okay. Maybe I'm just partial to "Summon Norio" but it was by far not the worst Deus Ex turn in Fairy Tail. I'm only curious whether Aquarius is really gone for good. This IS Fairy Tail but it seems like not killing someone would be something Hiro could stand. We'll see.

And I have to admit, I have hopes for Hades vs Norio. We will see how much I will be disappointed.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

I were actually positively surprised.

Lucy were kinda awesome, even if i cant understand why people think she would be able to fight 3 demons at once, when Natsu were struggling to deal with just one in a very favorable setup.

And this really does look like its a real sacrifice Lucy has been forced to make to save everyone, i am hopefull it is not undone later on.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

@chainer: Yeah... Lucy saved by big boobs is kind of... very Hiro, I'm afraid. I'm still confused about the exchange with the other demon just before that scene
    Spoiler
    Show

The turtle guy wanted to kill her, but Jackal wanted to torture her. So turtle guy leaves, disgusted by his brutality. It's kind of stupid but at least it makes sense.

Anyway, my thoughts on the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy is the only protagonist in any shonen that gets weaker the stronger she gets. Also I'm glad to see that the gigantic cube monster is destroyed so easily. None of the demons actually died so this does NOTHING TO ACTUALLY PROTECT LUCY THIS WAS ALL FOR NOTHING.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

I were actually positively surprised.

Lucy were kinda awesome, even if i cant understand why people think she would be able to fight 3 demons at once, when Natsu were struggling to deal with just one in a very favorable setup.

And this really does look like its a real sacrifice Lucy has been forced to make to save everyone, i am hopefull it is not undone later on.
    Yeah but stand by for 3 chapters of wangst while she decides which one to pick.

And then figures out something like 'LOL I have all 12 keys if I use them together I don't have to break one at all'.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Kato:

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not the king per se, it's not that the spirit king absolutely owns. It's the fact that when it comes to the girls in FT it's apparently normal to torture them. The fact that it was shown once to establish the evilness of the demons, sure a little bit of darkness can go a long way. Twice for consistency I can handle, but it's happening more and more and further and further.Without going for a clear goal. Another is the fact that Aquarius comes up with the solution after a rushed tsundere speech, while saying how there must be a bond of absolute trust between summoner and celestial spirit. Up until now Lucy never actually could depend on Aquarius, which often was busy dating Cancer or some other celestial spirit. And when she did turn up she was very reluctant to actually do some work for Lucy. yet, to summon the Spirit King you need to break the key of your most trusted spirit. Which would be Leo, Horologium, Aries, Virgo, you name them. Actually, anyone but Aquarius. That's what's wrong with this chapter. Plus that a power upgrade is brushed off like it's nothing and irrelevant. it's almost like Lucy is an expy for Sakura in Naruto.

Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Lucy is the only protagonist in any shonen that gets weaker the stronger she gets. Also I'm glad to see that the gigantic cube monster is destroyed so easily. None of the demons actually died so this does NOTHING TO ACTUALLY PROTECT LUCY THIS WAS ALL FOR NOTHING.
    How the heck can you say it has been for nothing?

Spirit King seems like he is the Hades class with how effordless he busted the cube up, something that to start with might have resqued the FT members. And he is still around to duke it out with the Tartarous GM.

And then figures out something like 'LOL I have all 12 keys if I use them together I don't have to break one at all'.
    No? im pretty sure she only has 11 golden keys, and there are for that matter 13 of them.

yet, to summon the Spirit King you need to break the key of your most trusted spirit. Which would be Leo, Horologium, Aries, Virgo, you name them. Actually, anyone but Aquarius.
    I believe it was just a trusted spirit, not the most, and she has had Aquarious the longest.

Plus that a power upgrade is brushed off like it's nothing and irrelevant. it's almost like Lucy is an expy for Sakura in Naruto.
    Im not seing where you are getting here at all, what was brushed off how..?
    Also, before we gets to closely into comparing things, then i would point out that Lucy at least is allowed to accomplish something once in a while, and that we have Erza who kicks even more ass than the male main cast, to even things out.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The turtle guy wanted to kill her, but Jackal wanted to torture her. So turtle guy leaves, disgusted by his brutality. It's kind of stupid but at least it makes sense.
    I should stop reading poor subs. 'smallredface: In mine turtle guy says "Cut it out. If you kill her I will" on page 10 which... doesn't make any sense (I guess they missed a "not" there)
    God, that near rape scene really gives me more shivers the more I read it Hiro should really tune it down... I didn't get around to reading all of Rave (I should probably really finish that at some point) but I think he didn't do anything like that then..

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh? She already made her pick and already broke the key? Or am I missing something?

Socratov: While I can see where you're coming from I'll agree with khaine on most accounts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, her bond with Aquarius was never shown as that strong but that's just... Japanese and their tsundere characters. Even if they kick you in the face on a daily basis they can still truly love you... or something.
    The other bit happening... I think we can all agree on that. Maybe it's supposed to be "darker and edgier" but it really just comes off as creepy as hell.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #108

How the heck can you say it has been for nothing?
    If she gets knocked out the gates close. Jackal is still alive and RIGHT NEXT TO HER. He beats her, they win. SACRIFICE FOR NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I should stop reading poor subs. 'smallredface: In mine turtle guy says "Cut it out. If you kill her I will" on page 10 which... doesn't make any sense (I guess they missed a "not" there)
    God, that near rape scene really gives me more shivers the more I read it Hiro should really tune it down... I didn't get around to reading all of Rave (I should probably really finish that at some point) but I think he didn't do anything like that then..
    That's what the subs I read said too, I'm just trying to parse it out in a way that makes sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    He didn't do anything like that in Rave. The only person even close to a rapist was a giant man in a bunny suit who's power was to blow your cloths off. He's
    Spoiler
    Show
    the first villain to actually be strait up killed by a hero (because Lee's girlfriend is awesome).

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

If she gets knocked out the gates close. Jackal is still alive and RIGHT NEXT TO HER. He beats her, they win. SACRIFICE FOR NOTHING.
    Actually that requires a long list of conditions before it makes the sacrifice in vain.

a) Jackal (not the sharpest spoon) needs to know knocking the summoner out returns the celestrial spirit
    b) Jackal needs to realise the cubefish suddenly falling appart is due to Lucy summoning a Uber Spirit that cut in into pieces blindingly fast.
    c) Jackal needs to still be close to Lucy after they land.
    d) jackal needs to be able to hurt Lucy before the Spirit King squashes him.
    e) The Spirit King needs to follow the rules for regular spirits, and not be able to open the gate on his own like for example Loki can.

He didn't do anything like that in Rave. The only person even close to a rapist was a giant man in a bunny suit who's power was to blow your cloths off. He's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah, that was awesome how Julia didnt give a &%¤ about suddenly losing all her clothes, but instead just fought on like nothing happened.

20. - Top - End - #110

Actually that requires a long list of conditions before it makes the sacrifice in vain.

a) Jackal (not the sharpest spoon) needs to know knocking the summoner out returns the celestrial spirit
    b) Jackal needs to realise the cubefish suddenly falling appart is due to Lucy summoning a Uber Spirit that cut in into pieces blindingly fast.
    c) Jackal needs to still be close to Lucy after they land.
    d) jackal needs to be able to hurt Lucy before the Spirit King squashes him.
    e) The Spirit King needs to follow the rules for regular spirits, and not be able to open the gate on his own like for example Loki can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah, that was awesome how Julia didnt give a &%¤ about suddenly losing all her clothes, but instead just fought on like nothing happened.
    The Spirit King can't summon himself. If he COULD she wouldn't have to break her key.

She and Jackal are still near each other by what the chapter has shown us. And he knows she summoned it and it sliced the cube into pieces.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'M A DRAGON FIRST, WARRIOR SECOND, AND WOMEN THIRD! WHAT DO I CARE ABOUT NUDITY?" and then she breaks the dude's ****ing spine by punching him into a wall.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Kato:

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not the king per se, it's not that the spirit king absolutely owns. It's the fact that when it comes to the girls in FT it's apparently normal to torture them. The fact that it was shown once to establish the evilness of the demons, sure a little bit of darkness can go a long way. Twice for consistency I can handle, but it's happening more and more and further and further.Without going for a clear goal. Another is the fact that Aquarius comes up with the solution after a rushed tsundere speech, while saying how there must be a bond of absolute trust between summoner and celestial spirit. Up until now Lucy never actually could depend on Aquarius, which often was busy dating Cancer or some other celestial spirit. And when she did turn up she was very reluctant to actually do some work for Lucy. yet, to summon the Spirit King you need to break the key of your most trusted spirit. Which would be Leo, Horologium, Aries, Virgo, you name them. Actually, anyone but Aquarius. That's what's wrong with this chapter. Plus that a power upgrade is brushed off like it's nothing and irrelevant. it's almost like Lucy is an expy for Sakura in Naruto.

Spoiler
    Show
    It never said it had to be the most trusted spirit, just that there had to be a bond between them. Also, while torturing Lucy is disturbingly common in this Manga, I feel like these particular bad guys would be torturing anyone they happened to beat. They are portrayed as a bunch of vindictive demons after all.

Spoiler
    Show

Anyway, my thoughts on the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    You're acting like it's over. The King's attack most likely freed FT, and he's still there as well so he may still be going to fight. I don't believe for a second that Aquarius is gone forever anyway.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're acting like it's over. The King's attack most likely freed FT, and he's still there as well so he may still be going to fight. I don't believe for a second that Aquarius is gone forever anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well yeah. She's gonna get the key back at the end of this arc or something, I didn't doubt that. I'm just saying that if this was a good manga the sacrifice would be for naught. Or Jackal would of been killed to prevent it from being for naught.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well yeah. She's gonna get the key back at the end of this arc or something, I didn't doubt that. I'm just saying that if this was a good manga the sacrifice would be for naught. Or Jackal would of been killed to prevent it from being for naught.
    but then we couldn't have Natsu save the day again.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The Spirit King can't summon himself. If he COULD she wouldn't have to break her key.
    But he can summon himself, we saw him doing so at the "Loki is a spirit" arc. And we have for that matter several other examples of spirits summoning themselves.

She and Jackal are still near each other by what the chapter has shown us. And he knows she summoned it and it sliced the cube into pieces.
    No, they were near each other before everything fell apart, and his last comment to her "what did you do, stupid girl!!!?" kinda hints towards him being kinda clueless about everything falling apart instead of yet another spirit appearing like the previous 3.

25. - Top - End - #115

But he can summon himself, we saw him doing so at the "Loki is a spirit" arc. And we have for that matter several other examples of spirits summoning themselves.

No, they were near each other before everything fell apart, and his last comment to her "what did you do, stupid girl!!!?" kinda hints towards him being kinda clueless about everything falling apart instead of yet another spirit appearing like the previous 3.
    Then why didn't he, if it was that important? I'm just questioning why we have to have this whole fakey "oh man we'll NEVER see Aquarious again!" situation.

My understanding was that they where still together. I might just of not understood the art though XP

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Then why didn't he, if it was that important? I'm just questioning why we have to have this whole fakey "oh man we'll NEVER see Aquarious again!" situation.
    To start with we dont dont if it will be fake or not, in Rave Master he had the stomach to kill off characters central to the story, he might still find the guts to do something lasting here.

And it was that important for who? the spirits who live in another realm?
    It was Lucy who desired the ultimate spirit to come and resque her and her friends, clearly that required a meaningful sacrifice to avoid the king getting summoned for insignificant things.

27. - Top - End - #117

To start with we dont dont if it will be fake or not, in Rave Master he had the stomach to kill off characters central to the story, he might still find the guts to do something lasting here.

And it was that important for who? the spirits who live in another realm?
    It was Lucy who desired the ultimate spirit to come and resque her and her friends, clearly that required a meaningful sacrifice to avoid the king getting summoned for insignificant things.
    It'll be fake. With how Fairy Tail has handled things, it'll be fake. Ultear killed herself to time rewind and save everyone. Only no she's an old lady and is living a happy life. Simon is the only person who dies in this series.

I imagine it'd be important since Lucy seems to have this "destined to be the best summoner ever" thing going on. He's just protecting his master.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

It'll be fake. With how Fairy Tail has handled things, it'll be fake. Ultear killed herself to time rewind and save everyone. Only no she's an old lady and is living a happy life. Simon is the only person who dies in this series.
    The difference here is that its not like Aquarious is dying or anything, Lucy is just losing the chance to summon her, and its honestly not even like she really needs her most of the time.. thats why i think this might actually stick.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well.. it really seems like Lucy's sacrifice will be permanent, though at the same she got quite the power boost from it. I cant really determine if this is termporary or not, but she really managed to kick quite a bit of ass there.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spirited Away
    Show

So, I have to say the chapter was decent enough. While I'm a bit annoyed at Tartaros guys' smugness when fighting the god emperor king of a whole dimension I guess we are supposed to feel that way... I just hope when he gets beaten it doesn't happen easily.

And Lucy.. well, I guess soul sucking all magic out of one of your spirits would be quite a bit of a power up. I guess it is only temporary but we will see how it goes. (Also: Her new dress is slightly more likely to stay in place than the old one. And this time there's actually nothing I feel offended by. I guess that's not happened in a while)
    "What's done is done."