New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler: Spirited Away
    Show

So, I have to say the chapter was decent enough. While I'm a bit annoyed at Tartaros guys' smugness when fighting the god emperor king of a whole dimension I guess we are supposed to feel that way... I just hope when he gets beaten it doesn't happen easily.

And Lucy.. well, I guess soul sucking all magic out of one of your spirits would be quite a bit of a power up. I guess it is only temporary but we will see how it goes. (Also: Her new dress is slightly more likely to stay in place than the old one. And this time there's actually nothing I feel offended by. I guess that's not happened in a while)
    I'm kind of getting the impression that he's being smug about it because this exact fight has happened before... and he won.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

This chapter was alright. I just have a question.

Spoiler
    Show
    What did Lucy exactly do? I get that she got a power boost from Aquarious's key being broken...however that works, but what does this DO for her, exactly? She gets the water shield, and she...gets the ability to summon explosions? It was very confusing what actually HAPPENED here.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm kind of getting the impression that he's being smug about it because this exact fight has happened before... and he won.
    You think so? I think they met before but didn't duke it out then.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This chapter was alright. I just have a question.

Spoiler
    Show
    What did Lucy exactly do? I get that she got a power boost from Aquarious's key being broken...however that works, but what does this DO for her, exactly? She gets the water shield, and she...gets the ability to summon explosions? It was very confusing what actually HAPPENED here.
    [spoiler]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say the water shield is the weirder thing... I took it she just got a huge amount of Mana, equivalent to what Auqarius is worth in.. some mana currency which also gave her enough to power to cast the spell she intended to use on Flare and failed, or some similar spell, anyway.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #124

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say the water shield is the weirder thing... I took it she just got a huge amount of Mana, equivalent to what Auqarius is worth in.. some mana currency which also gave her enough to power to cast the spell she intended to use on Flare and failed, or some similar spell, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I...don't understand. Lucy...doesn't really HAVE magic outside the keys, right? I'm just confused where the whole "88 stars of explody splode!" came from.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I...don't understand. Lucy...doesn't really HAVE magic outside the keys, right? I'm just confused where the whole "88 stars of explody splode!" came from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hibiki transferred Urano Metria, the spell, to her back in chapter 144. She ended up keeping it and probably only managed to summon it again when her second origin was accessed. All she needs is enough power to cast it.
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2014-05-23 at 10:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm? Yeah, FT is really vague on it's mechanics but every mage needs to have some inherent magic to use and then they learn spells or techniques or whatever. Though, i guess opposed to most other mages I guess FT's are highly specialized, or at least most of them are. Lucy just happens to be specialized in summoning, but her use of the whip which is a magic tool and her earlier attempt to use that spell against Flare shows she does have some knowledge of other techniques. Or those magic glasses.. Or was that Levi?
    (At least, that's my head canon )
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #127

Hm? Yeah, FT is really vague on it's mechanics but every mage needs to have some inherent magic to use and then they learn spells or techniques or whatever. Though, i guess opposed to most other mages I guess FT's are highly specialized, or at least most of them are. Lucy just happens to be specialized in summoning, but her use of the whip which is a magic tool and her earlier attempt to use that spell against Flare shows she does have some knowledge of other techniques. Or those magic glasses.. Or was that Levi?
    My issue is that I just genuinely do not remember her trying to use this on Flare, nor Hibiki giving it to her.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

But at the same time there are spells and techniques that apparently anybody with sufficient power/ability can learn - like the 3 Fairy Magics.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

My issue is that I just genuinely do not remember her trying to use this on Flare, nor Hibiki giving it to her.
    I definitely remember him giving it to her, and I think she tried to use it during the tournament arc as well, but got shut down by Raven Tail cheating.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I definitely remember him giving it to her, and I think she tried to use it during the tournament arc as well, but got shut down by Raven Tail cheating.
    Like I said, MY issue.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Banned

And so I was giving a friendly reminder. No need to take any offense.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    And so I was giving a friendly reminder. No need to take any offense.
    I didn't take any offense, sorry if I came off like that

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

So, I come to this thread with a request.

Does anyone know of a master list of Erza's armors they can point me at? I just need names and the gist of what they actually do for her.

And I don't mean the joke one's she had in some of the filler eps.

Reason: I've taken it into my head to run a build with more or less her powers and fighting style in an up coming mutants and masterminds game I'm applying too, but when I looked her up on atomic think tank, they only had some of her armors listed and stated and the entry point blank says this isn't all her armors or even close to all. (I might also have to tweak a couple of the ability's, for example I don't think Giant armor only boosts her strenght while lifting, and I think the assorted summoned weapons she has work better as a damage power with a lot of variant effects to reflect differences in fighting style. But I digress. )

Anyway, if anyone has/or knows of such a list, it would be very helpful, thanks!

Oh, one final note: It's ok if the list happens to cut off at say the time skip or the tornament arc or were the anime cuts or something like that. =)

Speaking of thea anime: Are we just waiting on a new season on that? Seemed to have stopped updating more recently.

And also from earlier in the thread, Levi and Lucy have both used the magic speed reading glasses.
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #134

Boop, here you go.

Also here is her sword magics.

Yeah, the anime is still in hiatus/canceled mode. No idea when it starts. New chapter should be out today or tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet! Your awesome Zodiac!

Pity about the anime though. Were the ratings really that bad on it that it got pulled? I though generally you let these things play out till the manga wraps up?

Or is this like Naruto going away for some time and then they picked back up after the manga pulled ahead with Naruto Shippuden?
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Sweet! Your awesome Zodiac!

Pity about the anime though. Were the ratings really that bad on it that it got pulled? I though generally you let these things play out till the manga wraps up?

Or is this like Naruto going away for some time and then they picked back up after the manga pulled ahead with Naruto Shippuden?
    It's been SAID that they're doing what Naruto did and it'll be back.

But I don't believe it, personally. We'll see. The only evidence I have against it NOT coming back, is that it WASN'T replaced by Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

It's been SAID that they're doing what Naruto did and it'll be back.

But I don't believe it, personally. We'll see. The only evidence I have against it NOT coming back, is that it WASN'T replaced by Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth.
    Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth? Wah? Can you explain what this even is and what it even has to do with Naruto going away and coming back as Naruto Shippuden, or Fairy Tail Copying the formula offically?

Seriously, I just though that was a thing Rock Lee/Guy Sensai yelled every once in awhile, it's a show or something?
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #138

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth? Wah? Can you explain what this even is and what it even has to do with Naruto going away and coming back as Naruto Shippuden, or Fairy Tail Copying the formula offically?

Seriously, I just though that was a thing Rock Lee/Guy Sensai yelled every once in awhile, it's a show or something?
    The Bleach anime was straight up cancelled, and replaced with the chibi comedy Naruto spinoff called Rock Lee's Spring Time of Youth.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

They canceled Bleach, Naruto AND Fairy Tail?!
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #140

They canceled Bleach, Naruto AND Fairy Tail?!
    Naruto's anime didn't get cancelled no. Sorry for the confusion.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so, Just bleach and Fairy Tail then. Still though. Oh though chibi comedy was a good idea for the replacement?
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #142

Ok, so, Just bleach and Fairy Tail then. Still though. Oh though chibi comedy was a good idea for the replacement?
    I'm pretty sure the general fan opinion is that Springtime of Youth, both it's manga and anime form, are superior to Naruto basic at the moment.

But that is neither here nor there. This is Fairy Tail. A question, does anyone actually like Erza's magic style?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Mystical Tony Stark as a chick? I'm digging it.
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure the general fan opinion is that Springtime of Youth, both it's manga and anime form, are superior to Naruto basic at the moment.

But that is neither here nor there. This is Fairy Tail. A question, does anyone actually like Erza's magic style?
    Yeah I do. Equipping and unequipping stuff is pretty cool for a magical concept. How it's fully presented isn't nearly handled as well.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #145

I'm not the biggest fan of it myself, mostly because...what does she contribute to this, other then martial ability? Why bother dodging the fire attacks, just put on the fire resistant armour. Too weak to win? Put on the armour that makes you stronger! Her power is something you literally buy at the store and that seems kind of lame as an ability, unless it's done in a way that doesn't make it seem like she's buying success.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not the biggest fan of it myself, mostly because...what does she contribute to this, other then martial ability? Why bother dodging the fire attacks, just put on the fire resistant armour. Too weak to win? Put on the armour that makes you stronger! Her power is something you literally buy at the store and that seems kind of lame as an ability, unless it's done in a way that doesn't make it seem like she's buying success.
    Lucy's ability is also one that can be bought at a store and her magical power still matters in regards to how much she can utilize her ability. (Yes, I know Gold Keys aren't generally found in a store, but Silver's are and it's the same sort of item thing)

So it's a similar thing. Erza's ability can be interesting with pulling off cool combinations of armors, or rapidly switching. Except we don't really get that, and her ultimate attack is basically not using any armor at all.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Lucy's ability is also one that can be bought at a store and her magical power still matters in regards to how much she can utilize her ability. (Yes, I know Gold Keys aren't generally found in a store, but Silver's are and it's the same sort of item thing)

So it's a similar thing. Erza's ability can be interesting with pulling off cool combinations of armors, or rapidly switching. Except we don't really get that, and her ultimate attack is basically not using any armor at all.
    well, Lucy has to actually use magic power to summon and maintain those summons. As far as we know that's not the case of Erza's magic, and she also has no "gold key" comparison.

You're right, though.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the anime is still in hiatus/canceled mode. No idea when it starts. New chapter should be out today or tomorrow.
    Huh? The anime has been back for two months or so. (I think I even noted on it once in a while but I could be wrong) They didn't add any filler stuff and just finished the executioners fight.

Mystical Tony Stark as a chick? I'm digging it.
    Pretty much this. I see where Zodiac's complaint is coming from but the thing is while the armor enhances Erza's skills it's still mostly Erza doing the work. It's like complaining anyone could be an elite soldier if you just give them a bunch of guns. There's more to it and (back in the better days) Erza won by using the right armor for the right purpose... and even without them, she's shown to be crazy powerful. Her extended battle against the 100(0?) monsters during the tournament in the anime was still one of the best parts of that arc, imo.

Anyway, new chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit King actually does something useful and revives the other Fairies. And this seems to be more shocking to Mard Geer (I still can't get over how stupid that name is...) than anything else he might have done. maybe because he knew he wouldn't use his nuke in fear of killing Lucy(?). Or because he's genry savvy enough to know he can't beat the fairies.

Apart from that... Minerva confessed her love for Erza (how... sweet?) and a bunch of elite fairies show up to protect Lucy from the leftover demons. Also, Mard Geer turns into sand? So that bit of plot is over..?

Aaaaaand judging by Gray's look and next week's chapter title... Eff you Hiro and your stupid, simplistic plot twists. So what, Deliora killed the whole town but only took away Gray's dad to turn him into a demon or what? Urgh...
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

well, Lucy has to actually use magic power to summon and maintain those summons. As far as we know that's not the case of Erza's magic, and she also has no "gold key" comparison.
    Actually, if we look back to the tower of heaven arc and the flash back then i believe we can see that the most basic manifestation of Erza's magic is the one that allows her to fly around while slashing at people with flying swords.

Else her magic also got to augument her body to some degree, because we have seen that she is far stronger, faster and tougher than humanly possible, even when naked or while using her default armor.

new episode.

Spoiler
    Show

It was indeed a nice chapter, the Spirit King did a solid job at turning the tides of the battle, before wandering off again, leaving the mopping up to FT.

And regarding the title of the next chapter, called it

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And regarding the title of the next chapter, called it

Who didn't?
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.