New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 3: Demon-ex Machinus

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I know it's not a Deus Ex Machina I'm just still very angry that she's alive. I'd argue that her being ALIVE is the Deus Ex Machina, but...eh. It was just a joke because I'm still genuinely annoyed by it
    Understandably. (Also, I just now realize again what we named the thread... I'm pretty forgetful/unobservant...)

Anyway, new chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Before anything actually story related: Why does that image of Lucy brushing her teeth look weird to me?

Anyway, misleading title is misleading, as even assuming "it" is true (and I'm going to argue against it until nothing makes sense anymore just because ) we hardly get any action from the two.
    We get a bit of action from the other six fighters but nothing too conclusive. We get a scene with Happy and Lily (gosh, I type his name so rarely I forget how weird it is) where Hiro is totally ripping off one of my favorite video games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Final Fantasy V

And we get a bunch of other stuff, probably most importantly... there are dozens of Faces! Uh... what?! Also, I'm still not sure what's up with Mard Geer but it seems he's going to be back soon(?)
    Going by this chapter's title and next chapter's title we'll likely see Erza for two pages next week... Interesting considering the anime is at the Erza/Minerva/Kaguya three way battle right now.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Concerning why Lucy brushing her teeth looks weird. "Brushing your teeth" is something everyone does, so it'd be super odd to see anyone do it in a way they're not familiar with. Also, you're supposed to think it's suuuper sexy, which it isn't, so there's that.

So, thoughts on the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know this is just the pessimist talking but I can't wait to see what thing destroys all the faces at once next chapter after a page or two of drama. If that doesn't happen I can't wait to see how our heroes survive the magic implosion.

That aside, the scene with the demons is actually pretty cool, and seems to be dividing everyone into their fights. Grey vs Dad, sand thing vs Juvia, Natsu vs wind puppy, and Gajeel vs the turtle man. Also Happy and Lilly beating up the soul absorb guy.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Also, you're supposed to think it's suuuper sexy, which it isn't, so there's that.
    Because of the whole "woman puts foreign object in her mouth"? Maybe.. But... uh... Oh, Hiro...

So, thoughts on the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know this is just the pessimist talking but I can't wait to see what thing destroys all the faces at once next chapter after a page or two of drama. If that doesn't happen I can't wait to see how our heroes survive the magic implosion.

That aside, the scene with the demons is actually pretty cool, and seems to be dividing everyone into their fights. Grey vs Dad, sand thing vs Juvia, Natsu vs wind puppy, and Gajeel vs the turtle man. Also Happy and Lilly beating up the soul absorb guy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nah, I think it'll take a few chapters for the Faces to be destroyed... Though, it doesn't seem they are that robust, so maybe the other guilds are allowed to show up and wreck havoc?

It seemed more logical Gajeel would take on the wind guy but I guess the fairies aren't the only ones who can (avoid) exploiting weaknesses...

Meanwhile the anime spends half of it's run time repeating everything that happened in the Tower of Heaven and then ends on a dramatic "Erza gets killed?!" note only to show Erza being fine in the preview... Good job, people!
    "What's done is done."

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Meanwhile the anime spends half of it's run time repeating everything that happened in the Tower of Heaven and then ends on a dramatic "Erza gets killed?!" note only to show Erza being fine in the preview... Good job, people!
    Bahahahahaha, I'd care more if that scene wasn't horrible. YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRY AT MY FUNERAL.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

So, now caught up on the anime, and one thing is bugging me just a bit more then it rightfully should be.

How the hell did we end up with two God Slayers in this tournament?

It's not even that Lamia Scale, a top rated guild with a top caliber member of the ten wizard saints finding/attracting one practitioner, OR Sabertooh picking one up what with there whole MO being "Power Equals Power and strong members are all that matter ever, period." picking one up along the way is an issue too me. It's that we found both of them and did so in the same tournament when there suppose to be even rarer then Gen 1 or Gen 3 Dragon Slayers.
    "I Burn!"

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    So, now caught up on the anime, and one thing is bugging me just a bit more then it rightfully should be.

How the hell did we end up with two God Slayers in this tournament?

It's not even that Lamia Scale, a top rated guild with a top caliber member of the ten wizard saints finding/attracting one practitioner, OR Sabertooh picking one up what with there whole MO being "Power Equals Power and strong members are all that matter ever, period." picking one up along the way is an issue too me. It's that we found both of them and did so in the same tournament when there suppose to be even rarer then Gen 1 or Gen 3 Dragon Slayers.
    Welcome to Fairy Tail. This is how things just work. Dragon Slayers are supposed to be super rare. We've found one basically every arc.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think anyone said God Slayers are rare, per se... but God Slaying was iirc Lost or Forbidden (or something) magic back when the Fire God Slayer guy was introduced. And while I do wonder where those guys get their magic from (gods? ) I'm willing to accept among the most powerful mages of the most powerful guilds there would be more than average of them... It's not like every run of the mill wizard suddenly is a god slayer..
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome to Fairy Tail. This is how things just work. Dragon Slayers are supposed to be super rare. We've found one basically every arc.
    Not really. Phantom Lord Arc we got Gigeel, (Probably spelling all the names wrong, sorry, trying to keep awake till the end of my shift while sleep deprived, long story, don't ask.), The Laxus takes over arc we found out he's a dragon slayer but a different type form Natsu that doesn't need an actual dragon, just a lacruma of your preference, The Oracio Seise story arc we got the poison dragon slayer who's the same as Laxus and we got Wendy, and then in this story arc we got Sting and Rogue who are actually a not entirely unsensible evolution of the process. (In that if Lacrama method is a fast way to great power and raised by a dragon was a path to potentially much greater power, it made sense that sooner or later one of the latter would get a Lacrama put in them to see if the two stacked for even more power in both short and long term.)

And I don't question is since they said Dragon Slayers are fairly rare and out of all these story arcs we've seen a total of 7 of them split between 3 different types. As far as we know though, there is still only one way to get God Slayer Magic, and it was either lost or forbidden or both which was why the fire dude on the island was such a big deal. Then seemingly out of no were we get two more people who can do it, and one of them is a little girl who's very clearly not a bad person or inclined to do anything drastic or horrible just to get power, and doesn't seem to be in an environment were the adults around her would encourage or indeed even allow her to do anything that was truly horrible or illegal just to get power, and would only tolerate her putting herself in danger to get stronger up to a point. (Seriously, I can't see Jura letting borderline suicidal on only the slimmest chance of success pass as a way of boosting a child's strength. Or Lyon for that matter given his history up to this point.)

Then again, since we don't know as much about god slayer magic as we do other systems like dragon slayer magic, and since as Kato said, this isn't just any group of wizards, these are suppose to be the top caliber members outside the guild masters themselves of the assorted wizard guilds, and the two in question have been ranked number 1-2 as guilds in terms of strength for about 7 years now, so, I guess it shouldn't be as surprising as it's been.
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

To be fair, the slayers are basically the core of the entire story. It makes sense they would be gathered around plot central events even if they're rare compared to the general population.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

io adoro Fairy Tail è fantastico

la storia e i personaggi sn spettacolari *.*

il mio preferito è Gray e anche Elsa

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Right, so, awhile back I asked this thread for a list of Erza's armors and powers in order to stat out and expy of her for a 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds game.

This is what I'm looking at doing as a means of condensing down the rather massive list of armors, moves, attacks and powers that turned out to be into something manageable form a paperwork front.

Requip Weapon: Variable Descriptors
    Sword Magic (Requip Weapons)

Variable 5- Limited Enhanced Equipment Only
    Trinity/Pentagram Sword- Str Based Multiattack
    Moon Flash- Str Based Penetrating Damage, Improved Critical
    Elemental Empress Weapons- Elemental Str Based Damage
    Purgatory Weapon- Str based damage linked Affliction
    Sonic Claw- Perception Multiattack (Requires Flight Armor)

Requip Armor: Removable, Variable Descriptors

Heaven’s Wheel: Flight; Line Homing Multiattack (Blumemblatt); Burst Area Multiattack (Circle Swords)
    Black Wing: Flight; Enhanced Combat Advantages
    Empress Armor (Elemental): Immunity Fire/Electricity/Water (Limited- choose one per scene); Elemental Blast
    Giant Armor: Enhanced Strength; Power Lifting; Throwing Mastery; Improved Smash
    Adamantine Armor: Immunity Toughness Effects (Half Effect), Invulnerable Toughness, Deflect
    Purgatory Armor: Enhanced Combat Advantages, Damaging Aura (cause of the spikes)
    Flight Armor: Super Speed
    Morningstar Armor: Line Damage Linked Dazzle

Spoiler: Things that are deliberately missing form the list and why.
    Show
    Things that are missing.

Seduction Armor: Cause no. Just. No. I'm not doing that. Wouldn't work for the games intended tone.

Farewell Armor: I honestly don't think it's that important.

Fairy Armor: The GM and I agreed that this would be a power stunt to bring out.

Anything exclusive to OVA, The Movie, or Filler Arcs: Cause I just don't want it cause you know it's only gonna show up in filler material.

Nakagami Armor: So far we've not seen it in the anime and I want to see it there so I'll have a better idea how to use it. Then I'll decide if I should stat it out properly or Power Stunt for it like I'm gonna do for Fairy Armor.

Demon Blade Crimson Sakura: Again, this is a super big last ditch finisher move. GM and I agreed if it becomes called for I'll just power stunt for it.

So, are there any important ability's missing from that set that aren't on the list in the spoiler tag? I just wanna make sure I got everything before I get with the GM and tell him "Ok, here's everything." Thanks for the help!
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #192

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wendy cuts her hair because...reasons. This makes no sense since Wendy has no...anything that even hints at why she'd cut her hair. I'm glad Naruto has taken to copying Naruto now.

Neo Minerva is a really stupid name. I liked it when the weird lesbian book demon was who we thought Minerva was, not...this pathetic excuse for a villain.

Oh good a sympathetic backstory for Minerva. This is what we need. OH GOOD HE TOLD HER TO TAKE OFF HER CLOTHS. ****ING FAIRY TAIL.

Hooray, Minerva got saved by Sting and Rogue. Why do we care that Minerva got saved?

Well that was an awful chapter. Can Hiro please stop forcefully stripping people? Please?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter:
    [...]
    Well that was an awful chapter. Can Hiro please stop forcefully stripping people? Please?
    Yeah, pretty much...

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, why... why, any of this, Hiro? Why would Wendy cut her hair now, AFTER she had her serious fight? She was never the Sakura, she never lagged behind. Well, not in the same way Sakura did. There's no REASON for her to decide to grow up now, after she kicked a demon in the face.

I would ask how Erza wins all of a sudden but.. Fairy Tail. But what's with the whole "sympathetic Minerva" stick? No, she didn't do all this for Sabre Tooth. Even if you consider her hand in killing her hand, or her evil when holding Lector captive or Millianna... Torturing Lucy was pure sadism, siding with the demons was pure revenge. That b**** is evil, and even if she's a product of her evil father... for heaven's sake, not every evildoer has to be a nice guy in the end. It was bad enough with Flare and now her... and the Dragons show up to save her because clearly she is in fact a nice person. Is there any chance Hiro could hand this manga over to Oda? He might be able to save it

Oh, right, the stripping... you know what, next to all the other terrible writing and considering ST's master is already a known sexist pig I'm willing to let that slide as just usual FT badness, but the rest really drives me up a hill right now.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

Yeah, pretty much...

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, why... why, any of this, Hiro? Why would Wendy cut her hair now, AFTER she had her serious fight? She was never the Sakura, she never lagged behind. Well, not in the same way Sakura did. There's no REASON for her to decide to grow up now, after she kicked a demon in the face.

I would ask how Erza wins all of a sudden but.. Fairy Tail. But what's with the whole "sympathetic Minerva" stick? No, she didn't do all this for Sabre Tooth. Even if you consider her hand in killing her hand, or her evil when holding Lector captive or Millianna... Torturing Lucy was pure sadism, siding with the demons was pure revenge. That b**** is evil, and even if she's a product of her evil father... for heaven's sake, not every evildoer has to be a nice guy in the end. It was bad enough with Flare and now her... and the Dragons show up to save her because clearly she is in fact a nice person. Is there any chance Hiro could hand this manga over to Oda? He might be able to save it

Oh, right, the stripping... you know what, next to all the other terrible writing and considering ST's master is already a known sexist pig I'm willing to let that slide as just usual FT badness, but the rest really drives me up a hill right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh. Gajeel was evil before he fought FT. Laxus was evil, Jellal was evil, Lyon was evil, Juvia was evil, Pantherlily, the Oracion Seis people...honestly the secret here is that fighting Fairy Tail apparently mind-rapes you into being a good person no matter how evil you were before. Unless you're not pretty. We can't have uglies cluttering up the fan service.

I'm honestly not sure why he keeps pulling the "save this character from certain doom at the last possible second" thing either. At this point absolutely no one believes he is capable of actually killing a character, and he does it almost every chapter. It's reached the point of silliness.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-06-14 at 01:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I just want to see Sting and Rogue be awesome next issue and maybe actually outdo Natsu.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I just want to see Sting and Rogue be awesome next issue and maybe actually outdo Natsu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As if. It's not like they can go Dragonforce at any time, without having to eat Etherion magic or anything..

OH WAIT.

In all seriousness I agree. Sting and Rogue are kind of cool and it'd be...kind of great if they got to actually DO something.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As if. It's not like they can go Dragonforce at any time, without having to eat Etherion magic or anything..

OH WAIT.

In all seriousness I agree. Sting and Rogue are kind of cool and it'd be...kind of great if they got to actually DO something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah this issue I just got one thing from it "Sting and Rogue are back!" And they seem to actually have the power of friendship on their side this time because they're saving someone who mistreated them... Ok the fridge logic is hurting me here.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah this issue I just got one thing from it "Sting and Rogue are back!" And they seem to actually have the power of friendship on their side this time because they're saving someone who mistreated them... Ok the fridge logic is hurting me here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well see it's true friendship because this time it's a hot girl instead of literally their best friends in the world.

*barfs* I hate Fairy Tail sometimes.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh. Gajeel was evil before he fought FT. Laxus was evil, Jellal was evil, Lyon was evil, Juvia was evil, Pantherlily, the Oracion Seis people...honestly the secret here is that fighting Fairy Tail apparently mind-rapes you into being a good person no matter how evil you were before. Unless you're not pretty. We can't have uglies cluttering up the fan service.

I'm honestly not sure why he keeps pulling the "save this character from certain doom at the last possible second" thing either. At this point absolutely no one believes he is capable of actually killing a character, and he does it almost every chapter. It's reached the point of silliness.
    Eh, while that's true, only Gajeel did something that for me fell under "evil evil" (as in, Laxus was more being a ****, Julia was just with the wrong crowd, Jellal was mind controlled...) but it took me quite a while to forgive him, yeah. Still, it's not like every evil guy in the series gets his tragic backstory, though the Oracion Seis recent return was kind of bitter but I wouldn't say they are "good" now...

Maybe Hiro thinks he's doing the same thing Oda did back before... he just can't grasp the way Oda does it better.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well see it's true friendship because this time it's a hot girl instead of literally their best friends in the world.

*barfs* I hate Fairy Tail sometimes.
    What, hoes before bros. Isn't that how the saying goes?
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #200

Eh, while that's true, only Gajeel did something that for me fell under "evil evil" (as in, Laxus was more being a ****, Julia was just with the wrong crowd, Jellal was mind controlled...) but it took me quite a while to forgive him, yeah. Still, it's not like every evil guy in the series gets his tragic backstory, though the Oracion Seis recent return was kind of bitter but I wouldn't say they are "good" now...

Maybe Hiro thinks he's doing the same thing Oda did back before... he just can't grasp the way Oda does it better.

What, hoes before bros. Isn't that how the saying goes?
    ...god I just remembered that Gajeel ****ing CRUCIFIED PEOPLE. Hell, one of the people he did it too HAS A MUTUAL ROMANTIC FEELING FOR HIM. I find that incredibly creepy and I LIKE Gajeel.

Yup, sounds about right

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

...god I just remembered that Gajeel ****ing CRUCIFIED PEOPLE. Hell, one of the people he did it too HAS A MUTUAL ROMANTIC FEELING FOR HIM. I find that incredibly creepy and I LIKE Gajeel.
    Yeah.. and thats why i always railed against both the romance and Gajeel suddenly becoming a good guy.

Though to be honest.. he did not crucify anyone, he just beat them up and then tied them to a tree.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah.. and thats why i always railed against both the romance and Gajeel suddenly becoming a good guy.

Though to be honest.. he did not crucify anyone, he just beat them up and then tied them to a tree.
    Besides, his feelings were heavily influenced by Phantom Lord's Jose, who thought murder and war were perfectly acceptable. Add to that that he hasn't had a real equal opponent for a time he just went into apex predator mode. then he changes when he notices Natsu has had the same experience regarding the disappearance of dragons (accompanied by a thorough beating by Natsu). It does snell a bit of Sanctify the Wicked though...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

While I really like Gajeel now, and support always enjoy his scenes with him and Levi a) he really was a total ****. Beating up Levi's team and more-or-less crucifying them I can almost forgive, but the way he tortured Lucy before Natsu saved her was just way over the top for my taste. But that's happened a long time ago and by now I forgive him... which doesn't make the Levi-love story less weird but okay.
    Anyway, Minerva is Minerva and as the last episode reminded me she also tortured Milliana for fun I can even less see how "she only did it for the sake of FT". For eff's sake, there were few FT villains who deserved a major kicking more than that sadistic ****. God, he may not mean to, but Hiro definitely manages to get me angry with his crappy writing. Is this how reading Dominic Deegan felt like?
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #204

In the manga he screwed them to a tree in the crucification position, with the crews in their hands and feet. He...explicitly crucified them to a tree.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

In the manga he screwed them to a tree in the crucification position, with the crews in their hands and feet. He...explicitly crucified them to a tree.
    I think you're misremembering a bit. It's definitely a crucifix pose, but it's not an actual crucifixion. http://www.mangahere.co/manga/fairy_...6/c047/21.html

Is this how reading Dominic Deegan felt like?
    Let's not get crazy. For all its flaws Fairy Tail is still much, much, much better than DD became.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-06-14 at 04:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

ya know, with gajeel, i bought him turning good, it was a (relatively) gradual process, he was shown feeling bad about it, he went out of his way to redeem himself. Almost all the OTHER heel face turns were just awful though... worse than even Naruto's friendship no justsu. (though this makes me realise that my favorite characters from both shows were awful people who redeemed themselves...(gajeel and Gaara))

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Let's not get crazy. For all its flaws Fairy Tail is still much, much, much better than DD became.
    Ah, okay

Spoiler: Twin dragons vs Hades
    Show

Not really much happening... another bogus plan/explanation about where the Faces come from and how to use them, the dragons trying to beat Hades but failing (not sure if that's good or bad... at least it means Hades actually is a challenge), and some more half-reveals about Silver. You know what, I'll propose another bogus theory: Silver is Hamrio from Rave, obviously aged and transported through dimensions. Yes, I prefer that over the father theory, no matter what
    At least there was nothing terrible this week...
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

mhm.. i really cant help but think that this whole chapter were kinda.. mehh..

I guess it kinda feels like it were written on auto pilot or something? it just felt so generic.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #209

mhm.. i really cant help but think that this whole chapter were kinda.. mehh..

I guess it kinda feels like it were written on auto pilot or something? it just felt so generic.
    Welcome to Fairy Tail. When it's not doing something absolutely heinous like forcing someone to strip naked infront of everyone/in the middle of the woods so they have to walk home scared naked and three years old, it's...an average sort of generic shounen manga.

Fairy Tail is weird. My only comment on the new chapter is that Frosh is...really off kilter.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

What new chapter? I mean it feels like nothing happened. The fight was a non-fight thus far, and the part with Erza the only part with plot import. It feels like a non-update.

I did enjoy one line.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Hades says that it annoys him when lowly humans try to use dragon slaying magic (paraphrasing).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-06-20 at 10:12 AM.

Current Projects: