New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: The Elan economy problem (comments please)

this sounds a lot like the munchkin game.......

anywho, im working 10 hour shifts now, so i might actually be able to get the game some time this year....

edit: also my main reason for posting:

is it a lot like munchkin?
    Last edited by RandomNPC; 2007-05-02 at 08:21 PM. Reason: edit
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Elan economy problem (comments please)

Quote Originally Posted by Drager View Post
    I've had quite alot of fun with Elan by trading loot back to people, knowing they will be about to trade it stragiht back to me. I get Elan loot for assisting, then I fight a monster (usually a rubbish one) that I can't beat without assistance and give that loot to soemone who will be fighting a big monster next turn, then get it back on their turn, thus I get monsters and loot. You don't need to trade loot back all the time, just when you need a boost so mostly early game and then loot starts coming in more than going out so you end up +loot and +shticks.

Advantage of this is you help everyone else out all the time doing things this way so people are less likely to Screw you.

At least in my experiences.
    That's mine too. Play Elan as the helper who makes everyone's battles easier with Bard Song, and you do fine. Not least because it's cheap for them to give you Loot. Tends to make the game generally more amicable, but doesn't work if there are less than four players.
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.