New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Super Happy Fun Time Battle Arena: Round 1, Match 2

Both contestants are signaled that they will arrive to the SHFTBA ("shiftbay") in six seconds. Then that happens, though unknown means: the characters simply appear 100 feet from each other, on the brick-and-mortar ground.

The 200' square brick arena is featureless, except that a pattern of bricks in the center of the arena is black:

■ ■ ■

Describe what one another sees, roll initiative, then fight for a victory point towards getting the shiny!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Super Happy Fun Time Battle Arena: Round 1, Match 2

Anihilus appears on the brick floor and scowls as he looks up, he is a tall man, maybe with some giant blood, as he taller than most, with thick stone like skin, he carries a greatsword, and shield floats nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

No prep, BECAUSE I"M CRAZY!
    initiative - (1d20+89)[92]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #3

Anihilus’s oppoment appeared with a flourish, stepping out onto the battlefield with his red cape billowing majestically behind him. He was tall himself, around 6ft in height, with a muscular build. Easily seen due to his chest being completely bare. On his arms and part of his torso, blue tatoo’s could be seen, simply stripes with a single flaring spike. These tattoos matched the colour of his hair, whilst his red eyes were obscured by orange glasses. Unlike his opponent, he wore no armour, though he had a shortsword in his off-hand.

“LISTEN UP!”
    He shouted, pointing up directly up into the air, demanding his opponent’s attention, and the attention of any audience member. “THE REPUTATION OF TEAM GURREN ECHOES FAR AND WIDE. WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT ABOUT THEIR BADASS LEADER - THE MAN OF INDOMITABLE SPIRIT AND MASCULINITY, THEIR TALKING ABOUT ME! THE MIGHTY KAMAINIA!”

After this bombastic and confident declaration, Kamina charged forwards, qucikly roaring across the battlefield, his feet not even touch the ground as he covered the 100ft between them in a single bound, his fist coming forwards to smash into Anihiuls as he yelled. “OPENING-DEVASTATION-STRIKE-PUNCH!”

Spoiler: Kamina's Turn
    Show
    Buffs: Henshin. True Sentai means it lasts 36 minutes, plus an additional 28 rounds after that.
    Dual Stance Mastery: Stance of Alcarity and Immortal Fortidue

Initiative is +114. Meaning I'm going first in this battle, even if Anihilus had rolled a natural 20.

Move Action: Using my 320ft of Perfect Flight in order to close the distance. My Combat King Legendary Deed means that I do not provoke attack of opportunities.
    Swift Action: Gentleman's Duel. Whenever Anihilus does anything that isn't moving towards me or attempting to harm me, he provokes an attack of opportunities. In addition, his skill checks, attack rolls, AC, Saves and ability checks all take a -41 penalty. Oh and I can always use my sneak-attack damage on you. If you are immune to precision damage, I still do half.
    Standard Action: Diamond Nightmare Blade, with Double Rend Matter. Concentration Check: (1d20+68)[85]

Automatic critical hit. Staggering Critical means that you are slowed. Half damage if immune to crits. Crit modifier: x4
    Attack. (1d20+162)[181] Damage: (513d8+226)[2540]+'Sneak Attack' - (13d6)[42]+'Explosive Punch, Fire Damage - (4d8)[19]+'Strike of Justice. Fire/Sonic - (9d6)[29]
    Ignoring 35 DR, and is Epic/Good for Regeneration purposes.
    Last edited by Tempestfury; 2014-11-16 at 10:08 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was quick.

I'm dead.

Man, I so thought I was going first, but forgot about brew. GG
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2014-11-16 at 12:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!