Barbarian in the Playground

Default Dragon Ball Z reference

So, it's Durkon inside "monster Boo"?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...uj1ImcGtxiAuUw

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z reference

That is... QUITE a stretch. This is one of those times where I'm going to chalk it up to coincidence, especially since it isn't a very similar situation. So no, probably not an intentional reference.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

"What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z reference

Dragonball was far from the first to visually represent the concept of a soul trapped inside of a malevolent body, and it doesn't even bear a strong visual similarity to the Durkon/Durkula situation.
    Pokemon Y Version:
    3DS Friend Code: Unavailable atm.
    My trading post is fully stocked with 5-6 IV Adamant Gale Wing Fletchlings; also offering 4-5 IV Eevees, Dratinis, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, Swinubs, Venipedes, Honedges, Lillipups, Absols, Larvesta, Lanturns, 3-5 IV Rotoms and more. I don't require anything in return for what I trade you, generally speaking.
    If you see a Shiny Talonflame burninating your dudes, it might be mine. His name's Agni Kai. Isn't he cute? n_n